Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

When I saw Bob Woodward this morning, I almost turned off because he's the crazy side of Watergate fame.

But today he was rational.  He does know, better than any of these yahoos that what the Russians and maybe camp trump, have done to get Hillary's emails, the DNC emails and now particularly John Podesta's emails, is a crime.  Hillary should not have to defend them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see the RNC's emails during the primaries and team trump's emails over this whole crap fest. 

• Love 7

Actually, Andrea and Hillary run in the same social circles and Andrea was one of the reporters who was on the Bosnia flight where Hillary made up that stupid story about dodging sniper fire and kept quiet and let Hillary get away with that lie until Sinbad called Hillary out for her bullshit. Andrea's been carrying water for Hillary for decades.

Right, plus Clinton 42 reappointed Mitchell's husband to chair the Federal Reserve. There are decades of history there.

• Love 3

The Washington Post article about Scarborough attacking Kristol is trending.  Homepage of Yahoo, which isn't uncommon, but now it's on Facebook.  It's on my Facebook feed and the hundreds and hundreds of comments beneath it condemn Joe at various levels of anger, sanctimony, and hilarity.
Joe's an asshole.  But, this will only go to embolden him and his masters, as this will really drive up ratings.  People will tune in to glimpse the angry guy act.
Know who was gracious in accepting defeat and quickly supporting the nominee?  Bernie Sanders.  Oh wait.  No, he was an asshole.

• Love 10

That "asshole" just did a big campaign event for Clinton out in Arizona. And one in New Mexico two days ago. And he did one last week in New Hampshire. I wish I had more assholes like that in my life.

• Love 4

Wow. Steve Cortes (Trump Surrogate) just said to Chris Matthews "I will echo your colleague Joe Scarborough that this means nothing to the voter but it does to media Elites" (talking about Trump's comments that he won't accept the election results.  You know it's bad when this surrogate is using Joe's words on another MSNBC show to make his point. 

The Bill Kristol video is up on Huffington Post as well and the comments are just awesome!  These two need to be fired and replaced with Joy and Willie. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, pivot said:

Actually, Andrea and Hillary run in the same social circles and Andrea was one of the reporters who was on the Bosnia flight where Hillary made up that stupid story about dodging sniper fire and kept quiet and let Hillary get away with that lie until Sinbad called Hillary out for her bullshit. Andrea's been carrying water for Hillary for decades.

Today's MJ show was bananas! Seriously, Joe made Harold Ford so angry it was shocking. They made me agree with Bill Kristol. Seriously, Joe and Mika need to be fired. They are letting their friendship with Donald push them into la-la land. 

Andrea's husband is  Alan Greenspan, who was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. I believe he was first appointed by President Reagan in 1987. President Clinton renewed his term. Andrea is the ultimate insider. I recall NBC had to ressign her out of covering economic stories for NBC due to a potential conflict of interest.

• Love 3
On 10/19/2016 at 5:30 PM, Landsnark said:

Welcome, Scoobie.  Please don't strangle us all!  :P

You don't like Andrea Mitchell?  How do you even notice her?  She seems so vanilla to me.
FWIW, I've had friends meet her, and she's like 4ft nothing.  Like TINY.  And Willie is like 6'3" or so, and when they were together, they said it was super odd.   Funhouse mirror stuff.  He had to bend over to talk to her.

Andrea is one of the most powerful Washington insiders. She is married to Alan Greenspan. She wrote a book about her life.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

Wow. Steve Cortes (Trump Surrogate) just said to Chris Matthews "I will echo your colleague Joe Scarborough that this means nothing to the voter but it does to media Elites" (talking about Trump's comments that he won't accept the election results.  You know it's bad when this surrogate is using Joe's words on another MSNBC show to make his point. 

The Bill Kristol video is up on Huffington Post as well and the comments are just awesome!  These two need to be fired and replaced with Joy and Willie. 

Mika & Joe have a contract with MSNBC till 2018. There have been unconfirmed reports that Chris Harrison from the Bachelor will officiate their wedding in 2017. It will be televised on the weekend & pre empt Lock Up. Posh Katty & Cackles will be Mika's bridesmaids. Barnicle, & Willie will be Joe's groomsmen.

• Love 4

1/2 hour in and all clips of trump's "jokes" at the dinner last night,. Also, Joe doesn't think the GOP will never recover from trump and everyone is hysterical for no reason.

Here's the reason, Joe.  This is beyond politics and party lines. The hatred he has made mainstream is terrifying.  He legitimized all the bullies and rascists and they are loving it. He is a dangerous man.  Joe is warm and cuddly in trump's pocket.

• Love 9

These two are twisting themselves into pretzels to justify Trumps's position about not accepting a rigged election. They must be exhausted searching for clips that demonstrate limited, appropriate objections, totally UNLIKE what Trump is doing. Don't they realize everyone who twists like that for DJT ends up with a broken back.

Trump got straight up booed last night at the Al Smith dinner and no mention of that aspect of the night. Embarrassing.

• Love 7

It's hard to believe that Joe is doing it again, and again his panel is looking at him dumbstruck.  They have to explain to him why Trump's months-long fantasy of rigged elections, rigged media, rigged everything is qualitatively different than Barbara Boxer in 2004.  (Really, Joe?  How many interns and analysts had to work past midnight to pull a freaking Barbara Boxer story where she has questions about voting irregularities for four hours?  Sweet false equivalency, too.  You're gonna break an ankle with your frantic dancing around Trump's moronic statements.)

Yesterday, when Trump "explained" his position on voting results and rigged elections, he prefaced his explanation with: "Crooked Hillary Clinton lied to Congress (she didn't), lied to the FBI (she didn't), destroyed 33,000 emails (fake issue), put her office up for sale (lie), and put her confidential information in the reach of her enemies (nope)... is a candidate who is truly capable of anything.  Including voter fraud.  Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt and dishonest person ever to seek the office of the presidency.  So it's in that context I was asked whether I would agree in advance to accept the results of the election."
He's explaining that his loss will be because she cheated.  He's not walking anything back.  He's making the case that any negative result is the direct result of fraud.  In fact, that's precisely what he said. 

• Love 9

I just finished a big clean up of posts in this thread that had nothing to do with the show and everything to do with politics in general.  You guys know that's not cool so please take it to the Politics forum and stick to the show here.

• Love 1

I saw a few minutes of the first hour. I was half-asleep, though. Were Joe and Mike actually complaining that people are shouting at them about their comments on Trump? Did Joe say he was going to unplug all his devices? Or did I dream that?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I saw a few minutes of the first hour. I was half-asleep, though. Were Joe and Mike actually complaining that people are shouting at them about their comments on Trump? Did Joe say he was going to unplug all his devices? Or did I dream that?

Not a dream. He said he unplugged his laptop yesterday.

• Love 2

Mika & Joe have a contract with MSNBC till 2018. There have been unconfirmed reports that Chris Harrison from the Bachelor will officiate their wedding in 2017. It will be televised on the weekend & pre empt Lock Up. Posh Katty & Cackles will be Mika's bridesmaids. Barnicle, & Willie will be Joe's groomsmen.

This is the image that came to my mind when I read this. 

Get out!!!!

• Love 3

Their nonsense is trending on Facebook.  They both looked so smug this morning.  I really like the format of the show, but I can't tolerate them anymore. It's not even fun to hate watch. It's too aggravating. 

• Love 4

I will say that Joe's twitter feed yesterday was not echoing his on air bullshit.  

"Bring the GOP back together"  "We must work together to save the party". blah blah blah 

Please explain to me why anyone pays attention to Peggy Noonan.  "Imagine a Sane Donald Trump"?

I try to imagine a sober Peggy Noonan.   

"Miss Peggy, you probably shouldn't drink so much when you're on the deadline for your paper story.  No Mr. Ronny isn't visiting tonight. Remember, he died a long time ago. Yes, I know Mrs Nancy was very very mean to you, but try to put that out of your head now. Eat something so you don't throw up all over the new rug again". 

• Love 8

Hmmm, I overslept so I missed bits this morning, but my general impression is that these two toads live in an alternative reality - I don't understand at all, why Phil Griffin is riding this train to hell for temporary ratings.  It seems fiscally imprudent in the long run, unless he's anticipating a point and jeer fan base.

How the hell could they sit their with straight faces with this bullshit about Barbara Boxer (and Ohio voting irregularities, of which there many) and show mostly clips of tRump being unfunny and not call his ass out for once, for breaking a tradition with that crap last night when it's breaking the internet?

Exasperating.   

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

During the 8:00 hour Joe brought up how for years and years and for sooo many election cycles he and Mika (well, especially him 'cuz...) were regularly aproached by people looking for reassurance that everything would be okey-dokey.

And Mika is voting for Hillary.

DirectTv has the MSNBC sched. all screwed up. They don't seem to ever show/know when Larry O. is on. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

During the 8:00 hour Joe brought up how for years and years and for sooo many election cycles he and Mika (well, especially him 'cuz...) were regularly aproached by people looking for reassurance that everything would be okey-dokey.

Between 7 & 8 I saw Joe yelling about how, hold onto your hats, "when I ran for Congress when I was 30 years old and everyone told me I had no chance and I just said 'I don't care if no one likes me!! I don't care! I am going to represent these people! I am going to do this! I don't care what people think'"

Joe, no one who has ever watched five minutes of this cluster fuck doubts for one second that you do not care if anyone likes you.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Love this link from above. ^^^

Kind of ties up their lovefest in a pretty little package. 

Ending with a rapid-response Joe-backspin about a Trump phone call after the NH primary. I don't think he landed it.

'After Trump hung up, Scarborough sought to clarify the matter further: "Donald said support. It's not support ... and I would dare say that I am the only person who has hung up on Donald Trump on live television. And the thing is we've been very critical of his approach toward Muslims, we said he went too far on John McCain, we said he went too far on you name it," he said.'

The article is from February.

Hard to deny the info. and there's lots there.

• Love 1

Peggy Noonan name-checked Reagan in the excerpt Joe read.  Coffee nearly snorted out my nose.  She shoe-horns that mfer's name into every. single. thing. she does. 
"I'll have a large iced coffee, please.  Ronald Reagan." 
"Excuse me?"
"Oh, I said I'll have an iced coffee.  ...  ... ...   ronaldreagan ronaldreagan."

Did you know?  Joe Scarborough was an heroic Congressman straight out of a Frank Capra-esque American fable?  Did you know that?  Did you know that Peggy Noonan once knew Ronald Reagan? 

The best part of the Peggy Noonan 5 minute arc is that her asinine assertion was shot down by every panelist.  "If Donald Trump weren't insane..." well, the reason he got to where he is is because of his aggressive, unsophisticated temperament and his pandering to the meanest anger among uneducated, conservative whites.  They just want revenge and to see things burn, and to inflict pain on others, so a measured professional politician wouldn't have gotten their support and the campaign would have unfolded totally differently.  Duh, Noonan.  Ronald Reagan could've told you that.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 6

I woke up and was sad that my DVR didn't tape Morning Joe until I found out Noonan was on it. She's a drunk moron with a Reagan obsession. Though I did miss seeing Joe's latest meltdown. Did they even mention that Trump got booed repeatedly at the Al Smith Dinner? That's pretty unprecedented.

I woke up and was sad that my DVR didn't tape Morning Joe until I found out Noonan was on it. She's a drunk moron with a Reagan obsession. Though I did miss seeing Joe's latest meltdown. Did they even mention that Trump got booed repeatedly at the Al Smith Dinner? That's pretty unprecedented.

I am at this very moment thanking the sweet Baby Jesus I did not see her this morning.   It was bad enough to have to listen to Mika read parts of her moronic column.

And I have news for you, Peggy. Writing in someone who isn't officially on the ballot gets your vote thrown away.  So just stay home and write more columns imagining stuff.

"Imagine if Joe Scarborough for one show didn't mention when he was in Congress"

"Imagine if Mika had a spine and a brain"

"Imagine if the Washington Post had the balls to fire my ass and I had to actually work for a living". 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, pivot said:

Noonan was not on the show today. They just read part of her article.

• Love 3

I suppose this is off-topic a bit... I'm watching "With All Due Respect" and Donnie Deutsch is on.  He's great there.  He has really found his voice somehow as time has gone on.  He and Heilemann are terrific.  Ok, maybe not "terrific" but good.
I have to say that I HATE Donnie's collars.  The precious rounded collars, "club collar."  I HATE it.  It's so affected.  It's jarring.  Also purple doesn't suit him.
There.  Now you know.  I feel so much better.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I am at this very moment thanking the sweet Baby Jesus I did not see her this morning.   It was bad enough to have to listen to Mika read parts of her moronic column.

And I have news for you, Peggy. Writing in someone who isn't officially on the ballot gets your vote thrown away.  So just stay home and write more columns imagining stuff.

"Imagine if Joe Scarborough for one show didn't mention when he was in Congress"

"Imagine if Mika had a spine and a brain"

"Imagine if the Washington Post had the balls to fire my ass and I had to actually work for a living". 

I looked at the official results from 2012. They do count write in votes. Roseanne Barr was running for President ?

http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2012/2012presgeresults.pdf

I was looking forward to seeing Peggy Noonan Reagan on the show. She is hilarious the way she speaks slowly & coos at Reagan's name. She closes her eyes & remembers the sweet smell of Ronnie's Gel cream that he put in his hair.

• Love 7
On 10/21/2016 at 9:56 AM, teddysmom said:

Between 7 & 8 I saw Joe yelling about how, hold onto your hats, "when I ran for Congress when I was 30 years old and everyone told me I had no chance and I just said 'I don't care if no one likes me!! I don't care! I am going to represent these people! I am going to do this! I don't care what people think'"

Joe, no one who has ever watched five minutes of this cluster fuck doubts for one second that you do not care if anyone likes you.  

I love it when Joe brags about his years in Congress. Joe is the Jimmy Stewart of Pensacola! I would love to visit there one day to see if they have a Joe Scarborough museum. It must be filled with various sweaters, fleece, glasses, hair gel , boat shoes, coffee cups, photos of Mika & Joe in exotic locations.

• Love 7

Friday Recap!.

Joe was wearing a navy blue sweater. Mika was wearing fushia shirt. Joe was a lot calmer today after yesterday's blow up with Kristol. Joe tried to calm down the audience by saying that Americans would survive a Trump Presidency . Joe compared it to Americans surviving impeachment of Bill Clinton, 9-11, Bush-Gore recount, Economic collapse in 2008 etc. Joe said he & Mika always have people coming up to them asking them if everything will be ok!. Perhaps Mika & Joe will become TV Preachers like Tammy Faye!. They could tour the country soothing the nation after the election.

Joe reiterated that Trump will go back to playing golf, developing his hotels etc. He could work on deals & stream Trump TV on the internet.

Joe said Trump would want to host the Apprentice again.

Joe was upset that the GOP is not learning the lesson of 2012 & not reaching out to African Americans & Latinos.

Joe will not vote for Trump.

They showed a poll from GOP voters about the future of the GOP.

Pence has 27% Trump 24%. Paul Ryan 15% & John Kasich 10%

Voters picked Trump at 51% Paul Ryan at 33%.

Joe was shocked that so many Republican voters picked Trump over Ryan.

Joe said that Americans don't have to worry about Trump showing up at the White House with Tanks like Boris Yeltsin.

Joe said 55% of Americans want Hillary to be indicted.

Joe said there would be a lot of write in votes.

Kasie Hunt showed up & said it would be OK for Trump to contest the election if recounts were required.

Kasie was puzzled by Trump's "whole system is rigged" speech.

Joe thinks there will be a clear result on November 8.

Tyler thinks that poll watchers in African American precints in Cleveland & Philadelphia have to be local residents.

Trump has hired lawyers to contest votes in some large cities.

Trump was complaining about dead voters in Cleveland & Philadelphia still being on the voter rolls.

Someone on the panel asked Joe about his days in Congress. Joe bragged that he led welfare reform & forced Bill Clinton to sign the law. Joe said he was called a racist. Joe said the GOP has to do something when they control Congress.

Tyler ( the Cruze Guy) said the GOP has wasted it's time controlling the Senate & Congress. They don't do much.

Joe said they opposed enhanced background checks that 90% of voters support.

Joe said the GOP needs a Steve Jobs type leader who tells voters what they want. Joe then went into a long rant about how he won his seat for Congress & how great he was. Mika smiled at Joe.

Friedman from the NY Times came on the show. He applauded "Wiki Hillary" because she willing to negotiate with the GOP & get things done. He said it was OK to be friendly to business. He called Joe , a GOP member who could work with Hillary.

Joe got mad & said he couldn't go back to Pensacola if he agreed with Hilary.

Friedman liked Meg Whitman who could get a cabinet post with Hillary. She is CEO of HP.

Friedman wants Hillary to have a no fly zone in Syria.

He was upset that Putin was a bad guy & wanted a sugar high for Russia by invading Ukraine & Syria.

Steve Kornacki came on to say that he expects Hillary to win more than 350 EV. He was happy.

Chris Jansing came on to say she was happy that the Indians will be in the World Series ( Boo!). She thinks Hillary will win in Ohio because Neighbors will talk to each other & pressure them to vote for Hillary.

She said the Democratic Ground Game will do well & help Hillary. What about Strickland?

Kornacki said Trump is unpopular with Mormons & could lose Utah & Arizona.

General Petraus came on the show. He looked dapper.

He thinks Isis will lose Mosul. The army has been retrained & the US air force will provide targeted air strikes.

The goal is to clear Isis from Iraq.

The next target will to clear Isis from Syria. They have to be careful about bombing Russian planes.

Mika dissapeared for the last 30 minutes. Joe changed into a blue blazer with light blue squared shirt. He looked OK.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Friday Recap!.

Joe was wearing a navy blue sweater.  Joe was a lot calmer today.

Joe tried to calm down the audience by saying that Americans would survive a Trump Presidency .

Joe compared it to Americans surviving impeachment of Bill Clinton, 9-11, Bush-Gore recount, Economic collapse in 2008 etc.

Joe said he & Mika always have people coming up to them asking them if everything will be ok!.

Joe reiterated that Trump will go back to playing golf, developing his hotels etc. He could work on deals & stream Trump TV on the internet.

Joe said Trump would want to host the Apprentice again.

Joe was upset that the GOP is not learning the lesson of 2012 & not reaching out to African Americans & Latinos.

Joe will not vote for Trump.

Joe was shocked that so many Republican voters picked Trump over Ryan.

Joe said that Americans don't have to worry about Trump showing up at the White House with Tanks like Boris Yeltsin.

Joe said 55% of Americans want Hillary to be indicted.

Joe said there would be a lot of write in votes.

Joe thinks there will be a clear result clear result on November 8.

Joe bragged that he led welfare reform & forced Bill Clinton to sign the law. Joe said he was called a racist. Joe said the GOP has to do something when they control 

Joe said they opposed enhanced background checks that 90% of voters support.

Joe said the GOP needs a Steve Jobs type leader who tells voters what they want.

Joe then went into a long rant about how he won his seat for Congress & how great he was.

Mika smiled at Joe.

Joe got mad & said he couldn't go back to Pensacola if he agreed with Hilary.

Joe can take a flying leap.

There's a betting game in there somewhere.

Almost looks like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

(snips all mine great recap!)

Joe is delusional if he thinks NBC is going to let him host the Apprentice again. This isn't like losing with Romney or McCain. Trump went full on racist. NBC isn't going to touch that with a ten foot pole.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, pivot said:

Joe is delusional if he thinks NBC is going to let him host the Apprentice again. This isn't like losing with Romney or McCain. Trump went full on racist. NBC isn't going to touch that with a ten foot pole.

NBC canceled his show because of his bigotry and then let him host SNL.  I'd guess the network is (unfortunately) more flexible than they'd like us to believe.

• Love 5

I wonder when Phil Griffin is going to realized that this show is awful and adds nothing to the public discourse. The fact that Joe and Mika are an item adds to the skeevy nature of the show. Also, they make no effort to diversify their panels and continue to prop up discredited people over and over again.

Really, what does Joe have on MSNBC/NBC leadership that this show is still on the air?

• Love 4

This show is on for a few reasons. First, its ratings aren't that bad, and better than anything else MSNBC has put in this slot:

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/july-2016-ratings-msnbc-delivers-most-watched-month-since-october-2012/300965

Second, this is a VERY cheap show to make. Other than Joe's salary (and probably Mika's), how much does it cost to have a bunch of hacks gas-bagging for three hours? They have no reporters, no field reporting, no prepared bits (other than some dumb ones they occasionally have their little pet Louis do every once and a while.)

Third, this show fancies itself a show for "decision-makers" so there's a certain cache that MSNBC is proud of. I'm sure they were very proud of the Wikileaks Podesta email where people say tha Valerie Jarrett "watches too much Morning Joe."

Sadly, if "contributing to the public discourse" was the standard, what morning show (other than CBS's and sometimes CNN's) would make that cut? 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 6

Trump's getting some attention from the Sydney Morning Herald.

Morning Joe makes an appearance:

'As the death march goes on the Republican establishment has already started letting blood.

A sign of it was a spat on the MSNBC program Morning Joe on Thursday morning. The guest was Bill Kristol, the leading neoconservative editor of The Weekly Standard, the host was the former Republican Congressman, Joe Scarborough.

Kristol, one of the earliest and staunchest of the Republican's "Never Trump" faction, asserted that Trump was a "fluke candidate" who should be ignored come election night.

Scarborough and his co-host Mika Brzezinski scoffed at the suggestion that Trump was a fluke and declared the Republican Party needed to "come clean" about his candidacy. Kristol, angry, accused Scarborough and Brzezinski of going soft on Trump and giving him free uncritical and very high-rating airtime during the primaries, in effect helping him win. The segment deteriorated into an angry, ugly slanging match, each blaming the other for the rise of Donald Trump.'

How civilized. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 7

So last week Joe leaped on the ABC/Washington Post poll that showed Clinton with a narrower margin than the NBC/WSJ poll showed. This week's ABC/WaPost poll shows a big jump for Clinton.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

• Love 6

Joe is out of the building.

Me-eka was absolutely ridiculous with Michael Steele.  He was right - he's sat there for what, 18 months, commenting and analyzing the process.  Not once has he gushed about tRump while yes, Me-eka, you and Joe slobbered all over tRump.  Jesus, again with this show - when Ben Ginsberg is the voice of reason - stop making me side with people I dislike so!

And yes, Me-eka you are on your high horse, and I suspect when it's all said and done, there will be much ink used regarding the role that you and Joe played in elevating tRump this cycle and throwing him in our face for the better part of a year.

• Love 8

So in a quick appearance between breaks, Me-eka mispronounced Nevada; makes one wonder whether she and Joe are the ones that told tRump the wrong way to pronounce it.  At a rally sometime in the last couple weeks, tRump made an ass out of himself mispronouncing it and telling the Nevada audience that he's hearing that they hate it when it's mispronounced. 

• Love 1

Just turned it on a few minutes ago.

Now that they can't be so obvious about sucking up to Trump I guess the tactic will be to tear Hillary down? They seem to have pulled out a few negative articles to discuss.

Larry's here!

• Love 3