Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, captain1 said:

But they spend zero time talking about Trump buying portraits of himself using his "foundation " money - or paying his legal fees with it.  

Wrong. They discussed that this morning. Did you even watch? And yes, they discussed it when the news broke during the summer. Google "Morning Joe Trump Foundation" and you'll get links to video clips.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 1

Yes I did watch and saw them give about 45 seconds to it - I'm just saying that his ACTUAL wrongdoing gets less attention than this Clinton Foundation stuff.  And the Clinton Foundation really does wonderful things around the world.

• Love 5

Thursday recap from my iPhone on a train. Spelling may vary. 

Joe is wearing a navy fleece. Mika is wearing her colorful apple picking shirt. Cackles is wearing a shirt from a Moroccan bazaar.Willie is wearing a suit. 

Top issue: Still no wifi on the set. Joe was yelling at Lewis to get wifi. An intern was sent to the Apple Store to get a server. Lewis & the intern tried to set it up on camera.

next issue: Wiki Leaks. Joe was outraged that Bill Clinton received 66m in payments by shaking down. Clinton Foundation donors. Coca Cola & Dow chemical had to pay 500k for speeches in addition to the money donated for the Haiti foundation. Joe was very mad.

professir Eddie said they were ethically challenged.

Mika got mad because Trump got called sleazy for a few thousand gift to buy the life size portait.

joe wants the Clinton foundation shut down immediately. Halperin said it would be bad optics if done before the election. Any quid pro quo investigation would have to be delayed until after Hillary was elected. 

Cackles wantsto get a job with the Clinton foundation because they have extra cash. 

New polls show Trump within 3 points. Joe said Trump could be tied by Election Day.

Cackles said the maximum for Yrump is 269.

Everything has to go perfect for trump to win.

Joe said early voting  could hurt Trump 

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

So Far in the first hour I don't think Mika spoke more than 3 three sentences (not including her reading the newspapers).  I loved how much Nicolle pushed back about the electoral map even while Joe went on and on and ON about how right he was this whole time. 

Now, regarding this latest WikiLeaks over the Foundation is really bad.  I'm so tired of all this.

Cackles would freak out if Trump won. Joe is always right!!!! LOL 

Joe said Fournier told them to follow the foundation money. I wonder if he will drop his endorsement of Hillary. 

Cackles said Chelsea was honest about trying to stop her dad from taking money from donors to the foundation.

Cackles said that the Bush family would never do that. Hmmm

• Love 5
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Cackles said that the Bush family would never do that. Hmmm

That is utter bullshit - a series of those paid Clinton speeches for UBS were done with President Bush.

Really disingenuous of Nicolle because it's right there, spelled out at WaPo.

Edited by NextIteration
Because USB is a port not a corporation. :P
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, captain1 said:

Yes I did watch and saw them give about 45 seconds to it - I'm just saying that his ACTUAL wrongdoing gets less attention than this Clinton Foundation stuff.  And the Clinton Foundation really does wonderful things around the world.

They drew a direct equivalence between the Trump Foundation and the Clinton Foundation and Mika in particular seemed to believe that the two situations were exactly the same.

I'm honestly still really murky on the details here. I get the whole "optics" thing and why it looks bad. And this Doug Band guy sounds like a total sleaze. What I'm not understanding is how much of the $66 million that went to Bill Clinton was then donated to the Foundation and how much was not. Wouldn't the tax returns they released lay all that out? And, if so, why didn't any of it surface before now? Those tax returns have been out there forever. I wanted Rattner to explain it all in more detail, but I didn't hear any of that--at least not in the segments I was able to listen to.

Edited by Eliot
Spelling matters.
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Eliot said:

And this Doug Bond guy sounds like a total sleaze. 

He is, and he represents all of the Clinton's worst instincts.  Band was the keeper of the friends and enemies list at the end of Hillary's 2008 run, and Bill followed through on that list starting in 2010 - choosing who to back in primaries for House seats and Senate seats.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika is wearing her colorful apple picking shirt.

HA! The first thing I said when the show began is that Mika must be going apple picking. Great minds...For the record, I prefer her wearing the patented "Bond turtlenecks" and shift dresses. She always looked so crisp and professional when that was her look. I liked that. I've given up on Joe's appearance.

The first 90 minutes was devoted to the latest rounds of WikiLeaks, and it's bad. It sounds bad and it looks bad and it shows an unseemly side to the "Clinton Machine". That said...Joe's explosive outbursts were over the top. Yeah, there were a few minutes about Trump's hotel opening (which I personally don't think is such a big deal...dude has a plane...), and a few minutes about young voters, but the ever increasing foam that Joe was working himself into and his annoying habit of bullying his guests into agreeing with his outrage is wearing thin. Even when you agree with him. It was the same way when he and Trump had their falling out, every Trump misdeed (and there were plenty) had to be beat into the ground until Joe was too tired to continue. I wonder how often he gets his blood pressure checked?

The WiFi issue isn't as funny as they think it is.

• Love 6

Loved how in the final few moments Joe decided to go after Ritalin and kids. I'm not sure but I think he was saying that they moved a lot and the kids needed to see different doctors and they all wanted to give his kids ritalin and Joe just  wanted them to go outside and run it off? 

Then he said that 3 of his 4 kids were reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales at the age of seven. He admitted he was reaching a bit with that example but all I could think about was the 4th child who, hmm, wasn't smart enough to read Chaucer at age 7? Nice parenting, Joe. Well, of my 4 ...

• Love 3

The WiFi issue isn't as funny as they think it is.

True, but I always snicker a little when people in their position snark and complain about their companies, how long stuff takes, etc. It's humanizing somehow. Like when Mika asked the lady off screen how long she's worked there without a login (answer: many years), and then snarked, maybe in a few years they'll give you one, I did laugh. 

• Love 2
Just now, NewDigs said:

Loved how in the final few moments Joe decided to go after Ritalin and kids

We know a few things about his kids, one of the boys from his first marriage (can never remember which) was diagnosed with Asperger's and we know that Jack was severely premature which often leads to developmental issues.  So that easily accounts for 2 of the 4.

Anybody that believes his kids were reading Chaucer at seven is a fool - but I'd easily understand Harry Potter.

• Love 4

Then he said that 3 of his 4 kids were reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales at the age of seven. He admitted he was reaching a bit with that example but all I could think about was the 4th child who, hmm, wasn't smart enough to read Chaucer at age 7? Nice parenting, Joe. Well, 3 of my 4 ...

I think he meant 3 of his kids eat Cadbury Eggs. 

• Love 8

Replying to 

Thanks for the info. I thought I remembered issues. 

I agree that we might be over medicating lots of kids but it also can help.

I think Joe should hang up his stethoscope and listen to the doctors.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

It bugs me that they do a mini disclaimer that NBC hasn't verified the contents of the emails, then the group goes on a rant for the next half hour.

NBC has a talking head guy on call that has been warning that the Russians were the ones who did the hack and that the best way to undermine someone is to plant false and damaging information inside a wealth of true information so you can't figure out what is true and what is false.  The English word "disinformation" is a loan word from Russian only dating back to the 1980s.

It is getting to the point where we have to be wary of the planted emails.

• Love 10

I really can't believe that a host of a news program starts the show with a two minute rant about the lack of WiFi instead of at least saying "good morning".   MSNBC when are you going to pull the plug?

I lasted 20 minutes and the only thing I got out of this nothingness is,  Professor Eddie, why do you lower yourself to this level?

• Love 5

I worried he was going to hurt himself rolling his eyes at Mika.  

The Professor seemed to be in general agreement with the panel's take on Clinton Inc. His only quibble was that the Post piece had implied that Chelsea Clinton went on a warpath after being denied a share of Teneo, which he said gave the piece a hatchet job feel. 

As mentioned above, Mika didn't say a whole lot the first hour and I don't remember her really saying anything outrageous or fawning for the rest of the show. Just curious what the professor was eyerolling about, because I didn't catch it.

• Love 1

Thanks. Actually I did see the wifi discussion and didn't notice anything from the professor. Maybe he was side-eyeing that MSNBC had not given the female producer a login after many years? Anyway it sounded from your email that he was eyerolling all show long and I thought I had missed something major.

12 hours ago, NextIteration said:

That is utter bullshit - a series of those paid Clinton speeches for UBS were done with President Bush.

Really disingenuous of Nicolle because it's right there, spelled out at WaPo.

That's why I wrote "Hmmm". !. It's common for Ex Presidents to give speeches. In fairness, George W. didn't have access to the Secretary of State from 2009-2013. Cheney & Haliburton's relationship is suspicious.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, stormy said:

I really can't believe that a host of a news program starts the show with a two minute rant about the lack of WiFi instead of at least saying "good morning".   MSNBC when are you going to pull the plug?

I lasted 20 minutes and the only thing I got out of this nothingness is,  Professor Eddie, why do you lower yourself to this level?

MSNBC won't pull the plug. The show has excellent ratings during this election. Trump or Clinton as the next President will provide plenty of gossip & chaos. Mika & Joe's relationship reminds me of Maddie & David on Moonlighting

I think it's hilarious that the show begins with a promo for Apple routers.! Apple isn't a sponsor of the show.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, NextIteration said:

We know a few things about his kids, one of the boys from his first marriage (can never remember which) was diagnosed with Asperger's and we know that Jack was severely premature which often leads to developmental issues.  So that easily accounts for 2 of the 4.

Anybody that believes his kids were reading Chaucer at seven is a fool - but I'd easily understand Harry Potter.

Joe's son with Asperger's recently got married and he fell down the stairs & fractured his skull.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's son with Asperger's recently got married and he fell down the stairs & fractured his skull.

That much I remembered, what I could never keep straight is Andrew and Joey Jr.  It's Andrew that got married and had the tumble, but is now doing well.  I'll probably keep it straight now since I went and looked - Andrew - A- Asperger's.

eta: so my Scarborough spelunking on the internet coughed up this Mark Halperin tweet:

What all y'all wear in Gotham City in August. @JoeyScarborough @JoeNBC #hotinhere

7:24 AM - 12 Aug 2016

~~~~It's a photo of a very warm looking sweater, the banter underneath is sort of silly.

Edited by NextIteration

So, its back to the email story.  Sigh! 

Joe would not let Donnie finish a sentence this morning, and at one point in blocking Donnie, said "let me talk".  Joe never stopped talking! I am done with the show this morning.  It started out with Trump (what else) and went onto the emails.

• Love 6

Was Andrew also the one that Scarborough blamed for having to give up his legendary seat in Congress?  Or was that one of his boys from the second marriage?  It was such a shitty thing to do what with the fact that it looked like he had no chance in hell of being re-elected.   Was already imbroiled in an affair that would lead to his divorce, had a dead intern in his office that no matter how innocent would have been delved into during a re-election bid that might have opened all those other cans of worms he had on the shelf (including that mistress who he had either given a ring or promised one since she had identified herself as his fiancee and then he cheated on her with the woman who became his second wife).  The son's problems had nothing to do with Scarborough's already potentially scandal riddled run for re-election and everything to paint the tool as something he is not.  Admirable.

Canterbury Tales my ass.  Unless there is a Golden Book picture version.  He has to conflate everything that touches on him doesn't he?

I doubt many of the news outlets are going to take on these emails in the proper way they should be.  But these dumbasses keep acting like Assanges came down off Sinai and handed them carved in stone to Scarborough while Mika stood by and just gazed in awe.  When your own network in general is warning on vetting and carefully parsing.  A network that has Matt Lauer carefully fondling the Orange Beast's balls on network television and brought back Lyin' Brian to sit every night now and pretend more than half the daily news cycle didn't happen .e. the blatant lies the Republican Candidate is making on the campaign trail every time he opens his mouth.  Yeah that network is trying to say in more than one place, let's go a bit slowly and carefully shall we?  And Squinty Brags A Lot charges in like it is the gospel.  I so hope this blows up in his face.  Of course if it does, he will disappear for a week or so and then pretend it never happened and in no time will be bragging how he told all the rest of us how it really was before anyone else even thought of it.

Then again, if someone comes on in the next few days to give facts that dispute the mythology that Scarborough is so intent on crafting to benefit his Evil Orange Overlord, I imagine it will just be shouted over, spittle from the lips, arms folded so tight in angry denial, he'll bruise a rib and the eyes will disappear in that squinty fury of his that Mika will have to cut his lids like the scene from Rocky.

• Love 8

I wanted Sam Stein to go back to Joe and Say "Dude you are making fun of what I'm wearing???  You wear a fleece every...single...day.  Today you happen to be wearing a suit but that is not the norm. So get off my back".  Instead he said " why did I bother getting up today? " .   This is how far Joe's denial of reality goes. He even makes fun (even if it's all in fun) of people wearing a gingham button down shirt with a gray sweater over it, when he comes to work almost in his pajamas. 

Meanwhile, Mika for the most part had nothing to say again today.  She got into some conversation when they were all making fun of each other.  Other than that she should have just stayed home. 

Edited by scoobie1
  • Love 6

I breezed by Fox and Friends, and Newt Gingrich was their guest.  After asserting that the election is still winnable for Trump, Newt said, "hey look at your competitor, Morning Joe.  I watched this morning and they began with a 13-minute attack on Hillary Clinton.  You know it's bad when MSNBC is attacking Hillary." [That's not a verbatim quote, but very close.]

Well, no.  I submit that Joe's raison d'etre until November 8th is to attack, mock and belittle HRC. He loves the shtick with all his heart.  And Mika's false outrage over some of the hacked emails is laughable to me.  Mika reads them aloud,  with her emphasis on words and phrases that supposedly put HRC in a bad light.  Oh the drama.  Thank God that John Heilemann said the emails show the inner workings of a campaign prepping itself for events and questions sure to occur.  Heilemann said it would be political malpractice not to prepare itself for all possibilities.  So, Mika, please stop with your "I am so shocked"-implied moralizing. Why is it so important to Mika to portray herself as a chaste, naive and innocent flower who gets the vapors over bad behaviors?

Joe and Mika also annoyed me in ridiculing the Clinton campaign's careful reworking of a policy tweet.  I guess it's better to just tweet out psychotic crap at 3am. Judicious editing and prepping are wastes of time, worthy of mockery now?

Most of the Wikileaks's dumps are pathetic.  Does Assange believe this stuff is harmful enough to destroy HRC?  Julian is quite the baby, complete with temper tantrums and loaded diaper.

Have Joe and Mika discussed in any depth (5 minutes or more) the fact that none of Trump's emails/memos have been leaked?

Joe!  Stop with the, "When I was running MY campaign in 1994...blahblahblah."  The punchline is always how perfect, astute and successful he was!  I despise people who are in love with themselves.  How did Joe EVER get along with Trump?  The narcissism is chest-deep for both men.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 13

So, they get the great Mike Pence to show up in person. What treat. And I'm so glad the people on his overshot-runway plane were so "blessed" that they were all able to walk away. blahblahblah

Then they attempt to actually discuss some issues and while Pence is trying to sound disgruntled by the voter-suppression ideas of the GOP he moves into voter fraud saying, "WIllie and I both know of accounts of fraud...." and Willie just let him talk! I was listening in my car, Willie was there, wasn't he? Why didn't he speak up!

CNN doesn't make me nearly as twitchy as the MJ crew. Well, not today anyway.

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, Ladyrain said:

Was it just me or did it seem as though the entire panel was especially dismissive of Meek-a this morning?  They all talked over her, above her, through her; ignored her calls for breaks; acted in general as if she were not even there and that her mutterings were nothing more than background noise to be ignored.  Believe me, I don't mean to defend her, because I loathe her.  I just thought her co-horts had a tiny bit more ?respect? for her than I, but apparently not.  She is a simpering twit, allowing herself to be steamrolled by her boyfriend and her co-workers, mugging for the camera like a sit-com actor, all the while ironically extolling the virtue of "knowing her value".   Gah.......!!!!!!!!!!

Value???  I honestly do not understand the value of these two nit-wits.  It is unbelievable that Mika makes over $2M a year and Joe makes over $4M a year.  However, it is very comforting to know that Rachel Maddow makes closer to $8M a year.  Bottom line, I believe the powers that be know who the smarter folks are.  But, I also believe that they must target a large segment of the population that can only deal with or listen to stupid people like Mika and Joe.  Nuf said !

• Love 8
1 hour ago, scoobie1 said:

Meanwhile, Mika for the most part had nothing to say again today.  She got into some conversation when they were all making fun of each other.  Other than that she should have just stayed home. 

I didn't catch the whole show today, but in the parts I watched she only perked up when they brought up "Veep." It was like she was a robot coming to life with a voice command: "Veep! Veep! Yes, it's Veep!"

• Love 7
3 hours ago, captain1 said:

The world is upside down this morning - Joe is wearing a pretty sharp looking suit and tie, and Mika is wearing something from her line of jogging suits!  (?Oakville)

Is this a sign of the End Times!. Did Joe find another suit in the Bunker? Mika is wearing a black cardigan sweater & with a black T shirt? underneath. Did she take that from Donny Deutsche's closet?

25 minutes ago, kitkat22 said:

Value???  I honestly do not understand the value of these two nit-wits.  It is unbelievable that Mika makes over $2M a year and Joe makes over $4M a year.  However, it is very comforting to know that Rachel Maddow makes closer to $8M a year.  Bottom line, I believe the powers that be know who the smarter folks are.  But, I also believe that they must target a large segment of the population that can only deal with or listen to stupid people like Mika and Joe.  Nuf said !

This might shock you, but GQ reported his salary is up to $8M per year. Mika is probably up to 4$M. Mika's starting salary at Morning Joe was 150K per year. She couldn't afford to keep buying the clothes to wear on the show. Joe offered her part of his ratings bonus.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Was Andrew also the one that Scarborough blamed for having to give up his legendary seat in Congress?  Or was that one of his boys from the second marriage?  It was such a shitty thing to do what with the fact that it looked like he had no chance in hell of being re-elected.   Was already imbroiled in an affair that would lead to his divorce, had a dead intern in his office that no matter how innocent would have been delved into during a re-election bid that might have opened all those other cans of worms he had on the shelf (including that mistress who he had either given a ring or promised one since she had identified herself as his fiancee and then he cheated on her with the woman who became his second wife).  The son's problems had nothing to do with Scarborough's already potentially scandal riddled run for re-election and everything to paint the tool as something he is not.  Admirable.

Canterbury Tales my ass.  Unless there is a Golden Book picture version.  He has to conflate everything that touches on him doesn't he?

I doubt many of the news outlets are going to take on these emails in the proper way they should be.  But these dumbasses keep acting like Assanges came down off Sinai and handed them carved in stone to Scarborough while Mika stood by and just gazed in awe.  When your own network in general is warning on vetting and carefully parsing.  A network that has Matt Lauer carefully fondling the Orange Beast's balls on network television and brought back Lyin' Brian to sit every night now and pretend more than half the daily news cycle didn't happen .e. the blatant lies the Republican Candidate is making on the campaign trail every time he opens his mouth.  Yeah that network is trying to say in more than one place, let's go a bit slowly and carefully shall we?  And Squinty Brags A Lot charges in like it is the gospel.  I so hope this blows up in his face.  Of course if it does, he will disappear for a week or so and then pretend it never happened and in no time will be bragging how he told all the rest of us how it really was before anyone else even thought of it.

Then again, if someone comes on in the next few days to give facts that dispute the mythology that Scarborough is so intent on crafting to benefit his Evil Orange Overlord, I imagine it will just be shouted over, spittle from the lips, arms folded so tight in angry denial, he'll bruise a rib and the eyes will disappear in that squinty fury of his that Mika will have to cut his lids like the scene from Rocky.

LOL!

I think that Andrew was the public reason for him quitting his seat. Andrew has Aspergers & would have been a young child around then. The intern died in July 2001 & Scarborough resigned his seat on Sep5, 2001. I think Joe married the  wife #2  in 2002.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

So, they get the great Mike Pence to show up in person. What treat. And I'm so glad the people on his overshot-runway plane were so "blessed" that they were all able to walk away. blahblahblah

Then they attempt to actually discuss some issues and while Pence is trying to sound disgruntled by the voter-suppression ideas of the GOP he moves into voter fraud saying, "WIllie and I both know of accounts of fraud...." and Willie just let him talk! I was listening in my car, Willie was there, wasn't he? Why didn't he speak up!

CNN doesn't make me nearly as twitchy as the MJ crew. Well, not today anyway.

Did Governor Voldemort mention the widely reported attempts to suppress the votes in his own state?  He should have been struck down by lightning and turned into a pillar of salt right then and there.

I'm not surprised Joe wore a suit and tie; he dresses up for whom he thinks is important.  Hopefully, his platinum-haired potted plant will get a chance to utter more than 3 sentences today.

• Love 6

Why does Donny D even come on this show. He's not allowed to make a point without Joe condescending, talking over and mocking. 

I wanted Donny to defend the 12 draft tweet. Every big company's marketing department parses every word put out in social media. It's called being responsible. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Why does Donny D even come on this show. He's not allowed to make a point without Joe condescending, talking over and mocking. 

I wanted Donny to defend the 12 draft tweet. Every big company's marketing department parses every word put out in social media. It's called being responsible. 

Damn they are SO stupid. They made fun of a 12 draft tweet?  Unlike Trump who tweets whatever comes into his head at 3am in the morning. Look how well that's going for him.  Heck I even reread and reword some emails I send b/c it doesn't always sound right and I'm not running for President.  Tweets can go out to the whole country whether it's from their tweet account or it makes it on MSM.   What the hell is wrong with making drafts over a message? Again, they are SOOO stupid. I have no idea why they are still hosting.

• Love 10

Friday Recap:

Joe is wearing a navy blue suit jacket with a white shirt & gold tie. More polls. Hillary is doing better in NC & Iowa.

Sam Stein said Trump could salvage Ohio & Florida & lose NC. Joe got a call from Stein's mom who wants him to let her son talk more.

Donnie Deutsh said Trump will lose. Donnie said some Trump supporters will get violent. Joe yelled at him & said that at one time 50% of Democrats believed Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks. Crazies on both sides.

Donnie was upset about that. Joe mocked Donnie's closet filled with Gap T shirts. He said Donnie hires little kids to go on walks in Central Park, so he pick up young women. Donnie denied doing this.

The other big news was that Hugh the MSNBC intern fixed the wifi on the set. It took a long time.

Mika gave a fist bump to Hugh. ! Mika generally doesn't talk to the interns unless their parents are prominent.

More wiki leaks. Some people on hr campaign thought the private server was unethical.

joe is happy that some of the new clinton people like Podesta & Robbie Mook aren't as sleazy as Clinton 1.0. Joe said the levels of corruption may go down once Hillary is elected.

Heilman was upset about the coverage of wiki leaks. it reinforced Hillary's ethical challenges. The money Bill got did not lead to any change in government policy. Heileman did not want to discuss researching any possible changes in policy. as a result of donations to the foundation.

Heileman crowed that Trump did not put personal money into his campaign.

Joe bragged that they would allow all the GOP candidates on their show during the primaries but only Trump & Lindsay Graham showed up.

Heilman was happy that Hillary had a good lead in many states & was going after Trump in Arizona.

The AEI President wanted Joe to run for President because he had nice hair, good communication skills & could defend Conservative Policies. Mika made a weird face at him.

Joe said the GOP has problems explaining immigration reform.

Joe said the polls are all over the map,and anything can happen.

Biden could be Secretary of State.

Trump said he would easily blow on Biden & he would fall down. Biden wanted to take Trump behind the wall of the Gym. Mika said most analysts would be upset if Trump threatened to beat up Biden but its OK for Biden to do it because he's a Democrat.

• Love 5

I got a kick out of Joe rewriting history this morning, pretending that his brother and Nicolle's parents were only voting for Trump because they "couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton."

He seems to have forgotten that his brother and Nicolle's parents were on the Trump train WAY early into the primaries, before Trump was even the nominee. And isn't his brother co-chair or chair of the Trump campaign in Florida or something? That, to me, does not smack of someone who is merely holding his nose to vote for the Republican.

• Love 11

Mike Murphy was on the show. He said Trump has a tough time winning. He its possible for the "Blow up Washington" message to work even with a flawed candidate. Murphy said the Democrats have a lock on Virginia & Colorado.

The panel didn't ask Murphy why he spent 100m on the Jeb Bush campaign & got such poor results.

Steve Kornacki drank several red bulls before coming on the set. He started rattling off potential victories for Democrats in many states & said 2018 could be a bloodbath!. Mika frowned on him talking about 2018.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Is this a sign of the End Times!. Did Joe find another suit in the Bunker? Mika is wearing a black cardigan sweater & with a black T shirt? underneath. Did she take that from Donny Deutsche's closet?

This might shock you, but GQ reported his salary is up to $8M per year. Mika is probably up to 4$M. Mika's starting salary at Morning Joe was 150K per year. She couldn't afford to keep buying the clothes to wear on the show. Joe offered her part of his ratings bonus.

I bet that's not all he offered her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

The story that I heard about the ratings bonuses was that Joe  had his bonuses  deposited in Mika's bank account without telling her. When Mika found out, she was furious at Joe, but her Dad convinced her that it was just a good business decision by Joe. 

I wonder what Mika's Dad thinks about that "business decision" now. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, cased said:

The story that I heard about the ratings bonuses was that Joe  had his bonuses  deposited in Mika's bank account without telling her. When Mika found out, she was furious at Joe, but her Dad convinced her that it was just a good business decision by Joe. 

I wonder what Mika's Dad thinks about that "business decision" now. 

Dr Z has not appeared on Morning Joe this year to discuss any foreign policy issues. I wonder if he is sick, but he has appeared in photos at Mika's mother's art gallery showings.

It's strange because there are many foreign policy issues worth discussing, especially Russia which is Dr Z's specialty.

I think Dr Z must be stunned that Mika probably makes more money than his two other sons, who are considered experts in their fields. One son is the Ambassador to Sweden.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stormy said:

Evidently,  Donnie is invited to be on this show so he can be Joe's whipping boy.

He's criticized, bullied and talked over and not allow to have an opinion.

I don't usually like Donny. He used to show up with wearing  muscle t shirts, & with a fancy gift for Mika like a pair of Louboutins. He would also tell sleazy jokes. He used to brag about his favourite Morning Joe commercial of him waking up in bed with Mika which was filmed in his apartment. Last year, Donny was convinced that Jeb Bush would win the nomination & defeat Hillary.

• Love 1

I loved it when Dr Z came on, and it was funny because he was always so contemptuous at Joe. But this show has changed so much since then. Now it is almost exclusively the "process politics" that Dana Milbank correctly decried in his article (Milbank used to come on the show too.)

I don't know why they have Deutsch on either but for a different reason - he's an ad guy. Not a journalist, not a former pol, I don't know what substantive knowledge he brings to the table. In fact his whole industry is about creating fictions (your life would be so much better if you bought X.) It'd be like booking Don Draper, if he existed. Deutsch used to have a show on CNBC, maybe that's how this started, some forced corporate synergy.

2 hours ago, Eliot said:

I got a kick out of Joe rewriting history this morning, pretending that his brother and Nicolle's parents were only voting for Trump because they "couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton."

He seems to have forgotten that his brother and Nicolle's parents were on the Trump train WAY early into the primaries, before Trump was even the nominee. And isn't his brother co-chair or chair of the Trump campaign in Florida or something? That, to me, does not smack of someone who is merely holding his nose to vote for the Republican.

I caught that as well. Joe would frequently lavish praise on his brother for running Trump's campaign in Pensacola. At the time, no one thought Trump could win Florida against 2 native Floridians like Rubio & Jeb Bush.

Cackles called Trump a clown when he gave his first few speeches but realized that Joe loved Trump, so she came up with a story that her parents are big Trump fans. I don't recall any evidence of her parents publicy endorsing Trump or attending his rallies.

Kristen Welker should be renamed Captain Obvious. She was breathless in her analysis that Hillary wants to win Iowa!. Why wouldn't she want to win Iowa?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I loved it when Dr Z came on, and it was funny because he was always so contemptuous at Joe. But this show has changed so much since then. Now it is almost exclusively the "process politics" that Dana Milbank correctly decried in his article (Milbank used to come on the show too.)

I guess that Dr Z is the only one with a pair that Joe is too afraid to shout down.

I would have thrown my coffee at Joe if he kept screaming "Let me talk!" after bogarting the conversation.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

Damn they are SO stupid. They made fun of a 12 draft tweet?  Unlike Trump who tweets whatever comes into his head at 3am in the morning. Look how well that's going for him.  Heck I even reread and reword some emails I send b/c it doesn't always sound right and I'm not running for President.  Tweets can go out to the whole country whether it's from their tweet account or it makes it on MSM.   What the hell is wrong with making drafts over a message? Again, they are SOOO stupid. I have no idea why they are still hosting.

Agreed. The 140 character limit makes it essential to properly word the tweet. I guess Mika & Joe are used to blurting out whatever they want. However, long time viewers would remember, Joe prepared teleprompter rants last year. Joe would get serious & stare into the teleprompter with a very well scripted rant that went on for at least 3 minutes. It make me laugh so hard, I would wake up everyone in the house.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Dagny said:

I guess that Dr Z is the only one with a pair that Joe is too afraid to shout down.

I would have thrown my coffee at Joe if he kept screaming "Let me talk!" after bogarting the conversation.  

I would love to watch a show of a Brezinski Thanksgiving meal with Joe & Dr Z at the table. Dr Z would carve up Joe pretty quickly.

• Love 6