Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

At 8:18am, Barnicle is the voice of reason.  Before coffee, Barnicle is making sense.  I don't know what to think.

Also, for the whole 8am hour, Mika is chirping in the background, not saying whole words, but trying to join the conversation and is just totally ignored by Joe and she doesn't actually say anything intelligible.  I hate that part of the show.  She's weightless and weak, and, they simply ignore her.  It's offputting.

• Love 4

at 8:06 am Joe said "Donald has no choice but to do what he's doing right now.  I know the media can't get past their sheer [with hand gesture for emphasis] hatred of him.  Their.  Uncontrollable.  Sheer.  Hatred of Donald Trump.  We can all be offended by what he did, but we're still supposed to report.  But the sheer hatred is stopping so many analysts from observing he's doing the only thing he can do right now to keep his campaign alive."

Can someone please interpret that?

Playing both sides of the fence?  Did you also hear the swooning from Mika when they brought up the theory that he's teaming with Ailes, Bannon etc to start a cable network? 

"OMG THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING!! IMAGINE HOW POWERFUL THEY WOULD BE!!"  

Know your worth Mika, how much would they have to pay you to be an on air host, get your pussy grabbed and have to "twirl" for Roger Ailes? 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

at 8:06 am Joe said "Donald has no choice but to do what he's doing right now.  I know the media can't get past their sheer [with hand gesture for emphasis] hatred of him.  Their.  Uncontrollable.  Sheer.  Hatred of Donald Trump.  We can all be offended by what he did, but we're still supposed to report.  But the sheer hatred is stopping so many analysts from observing he's doing the only thing he can do right now to keep his campaign alive."

"There is something in it for me if I keep up this drumbeat about how the media hates Donald Trump.  I'm sitting on the bombshell that Roger Ailes and Donald Trump, along with Steve Bannon, will be starting their new cable news network after this hellish election season is over.  You see, I don't believe HALF of the shit I'm spouting, but the thought that I could have power--REAL power--at another network sends me into another stratosphere!  Although I have some power at MSNBC, I'm still pissed that I wasn't chosen to take over Meet the Press.  Never mind that I showed my moderate bona fides.  But, this is SO much better!  Thanks to Trump, we will already have a ready-made fanbase of angry voters.  Even if he loses the election, it's a win-win for everybody!  Oh yeah--and my girlfriend will be along for the ride too."

Still waiting for Meek-a to find her voice.  Chirp!  Chirp!

• Love 13

at 8:06 am Joe said "Donald has no choice but to do what he's doing right now.  I know the media can't get past their sheer [with hand gesture for emphasis] hatredof him.  Their.  Uncontrollable.  Sheer.  Hatred of Donald Trump.  We can all be offended by what he did, but we're still supposed to report.  But the sheer hatred is stopping so many analysts from observing he's doing the only thing he can do right now to keep his campaign alive."

"There is something in it for me if I keep up this drumbeat about how the media hates Donald Trump.  I'm sitting on the bombshell that Roger Ailes and Donald Trump, along with Steve Bannon, will be starting their new cable news network after this hellish election season is over.  You see, I don't believe HALF of the shit I'm spouting, but the thought that I could have power--REAL power--at another network sends me into another stratosphere!  Although I have some power at MSNBC, I'm still pissed that I wasn't chosen to take over Meet the Press.  Never mind that I showed my moderate bona fides.  But, this is SO much better!  Thanks to Trump, we will already have a ready-made fanbase of angry voters.  Even if he loses the election, it's a win-win for everybody!  Oh yeah--and my girlfriend will be along for the ride too."

Still waiting for Meek-a to find her voice.  Chirp!  Chirp!

Nailed it!!!!  

• Love 3

I think Joe would be out of his mind (I mean REALLY out of his mind) to turn his back on his established $8M a year fiefdom there at MSNBC.  A bird in hand is worth two in the bush, Joe.   Or is it, a bush in hand is worth two birds grabbed?  I dunno anymore.  I apologize for the vulgarity.  People tell me Trump started it.  Some very good people.
He could make $15 million a year at a new network, but that is so so so damned risky.  And his base viewership would literally be the stupidest people in America... not great for ad revenue.  I don't see it.  It's a short-term, desperate move for someone who can play his long con well into the foreseeable future, if the GQ article is any measure.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I think Joe would be out of his mind (I mean REALLY out of his mind) to turn his back on his established $8M a year fiefdom there at MSNBC.  A bird in hand is worth two in the bush, Joe.   Or is it, a bush in hand is worth two birds grabbed?  I dunno anymore.  I apologize for the vulgarity.  People tell me Trump started it.  Some very good people.
He could make $15 million a year at a new network, but that is so so so damned risky.  And his base viewership would literally be the stupidest people in America... not great for ad revenue.  I don't see it.  It's a short-term, desperate move for someone who can play his long con well into the foreseeable future, if the GQ article is any measure.

Haha, I see what you did there.

I agree. I don't think he would ever jump ship from MSNBC for a Trump-Ailes-Bannon production, no matter how lucrative, because as much as he pretends to rail against the media elites he seems to crave their acceptance. I think he's more satisfied with doing exactly what he's doing, which is to play the role of naysayer and "told ya so-er" so he can leverage that to expand his power base at his current network.

Just my opinion, based on my observation of him over the years.

Can someone please explain to me why they were snarking about Hillary and Al Gore campaigning together? Was it because sixteen years ago Gore didn't want to campaign with Clinton and now he's helping Hillary? That's kind of silly; political alliances shift and change all the time and I'm sure the Democratic party believes that keeping Trump out of office is worth settling decades-old grudges. Mika kept simpering, "It's 'Veep'! It's 'Veep!'" Which seems to be her go-to pop culture touchstone whenever she wants to complain about Hillary. But at least in the footage I saw I didn't see Hillary speaking at all; just Gore making some wry jokes about why every vote counts based on his own experience.

Also, someone needs to inform Joe that it's Julia Louis-Dreyfus, NOT Julia "Louise" Dreyfus.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 8

Maybe in Joe's little squinty brain it's a negotiating tactic.

Phil, you better be good to me or I'll be gone. 

If that is the case, could Griffin really be so blind to the fact that if he had to decent hosts for that 6-9 am show, his ratings might actually go up.

Imagine Joy Reid and Thomas Roberts, or Kornacki.    Imagine this show actually being intelligent discussion from both parties about the issues of the day, instead of a screaming bully and his dimwitted girlfriend. 

I have taken notice that Nicole hasn't been back since Mika insulted her. She was on Today this morning, so she was in the building. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I have taken notice that Nicole hasn't been back since Mika insulted her. She was on Today this morning, so she was in the building. 

Good for her. Nicole irritates me sometimes, but at least she has intelligent things to say, unlike Mika's endless concern trolling about Hillary Clinton.

Joe's Clinton Hate Boner has addled his thinking. How is Trump turning his guns on the Republican party going to get his numbers up in the polls? And about that potential Trump/Bannon/Ailes/Alt-right/So far to the right it makes Fox look like Bernie Sanders; who's going to advertise on it? Skittles? Tic Tacs? Cheetos? 

Also his sneering at Al Gore was disgusting. Gore has spent his post-political career fighting to save the planet. What's Joe ever done besides take millions of dollars to babble stupidity to America's early risers?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

at 8:06 am Joe said "Donald has no choice but to do what he's doing right now.  I know the media can't get past their sheer [with hand gesture for emphasis] hatred of him.  Their.  Uncontrollable.  Sheer.  Hatred of Donald Trump.  We can all be offended by what he did, but we're still supposed to report.  But the sheer hatred is stopping so many analysts from observing he's doing the only thing he can do right now to keep his campaign alive."

He's doubling down on his insane theory that Trump has a strategy and is implementing it intelligently and that the race will end up being really close. Judging by the dead silence of everyone around them while Joe and Mika flailed and tried to push this theory, I'd say no one is buying it. At one point, they caught Halperin rolling his eyes over Mika and Joe's bullshit and Halperin is a Republican. 

I made it 1/2 hour again and gave up. They were ignoring all the devasting polls that showed Trump losing everywhere and the new allegations that Trump walked in while teenage girls were changing at the Miss Teen USA event. They are only allowing "yes men" at the table now. No Nicole Wallace, Heillman, Ford, Robinson or Dean. Very telling. Joe was getting mocked all over twitter yesterday for his pro-Trump nonsense. I expect he'll get mocked again.

And all the panelists were polite and quiet when Mika and Joe started ranting about how Trump's network would be the greatest news network ever. That isn't going to happen. Trump will be branded a loser with the base of the Repubicans and everyone else is going to stay as far away from that perverted, sexist, racist. I don't think Mika and Joe get how toxic the Trump brand is now. But, now we know why they are kissing his ass so much. They want to jump to his network.

Edited by pivot
  • Love 6

Nicole is not my fave but she is open minded and has real life experience in running a campaign (Sarah Palin experience but still.) She does a good job on the post-debate panels and Brian Williams loves her. I think her career is on the rise there and that its a good fit for her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pivot said:

He's doubling down on his insane theory that Trump has a strategy and is implementing it intelligently and that the race will end up being really close. Judging by the dead silence of everyone around them while Joe and Mika flailed and tried to push this theory, I'd say no one is buying it. At one point, they caught Halperin rolling his eyes over Mika and Joe's bullshit and Halperin is a Republican. 

I made it 1/2 hour again and gave up. They were ignoring all the devasting polls that showed Trump losing everywhere and the new allegations that Trump walked in while teenage girls were changing at the Miss Teen USA event. They are only allowing "yes men" at the table now. No Nicole Wallace, Heillman, Ford, Robinson or Dean. Very telling. Joe was getting mocked all over twitter yesterday for his pro-Trump nonsense. I expect he'll get mocked again.

And all the panelists were polite and quiet when Mika and Joe started ranting about how Trump's network would be the greatest news network ever. That isn't going to happen. Trump will be branded a loser with the base of the Repubicans and everyone else is going to stay as far away from that perverted, sexist, racist. I don't think Mika and Joe get how toxic the Trump brand is now. But, now we know why they are kissing his ass so much. They want to jump to his network.

These two nimrods are proof positive that if you stand back and allow people to run their mouths long enough, they always end up inadvertently telling the truth or outing themselves.  I speculated for some time why the tone of this show changed from Morning Joe to Morning Drumpf after their pilgrimage to Trump Tower.  

As a mother of daughters and an author [cough! cough!] of a book about women knowing their value, I fully expected Meek-a to be all up in arms about this.  They may want to tread carefully about jumping on that new network bandwagon.  A status conference was ordered to be held in the federal lawsuit alleging that Drumpf raped a 13-year-old girl.  There is also the specter of even more damaging stuff to come.

BTW--they are being called out on Media Matters yet again:  https://mediamatters.org/research/2016/10/11/morning-joe-hosts-have-fawned-over-trump-ever-they-met-him-september/213757

• Love 3

And the scrutiny of Joe and Meek-a continues on Ring of Fire:  http://trofire.com/2016/10/12/msnbc-guest-reminds-us-morning-joe-gave-trump-camp-much-early-strength-legitimacy/

Joe may be a weasel, but at the very least, he should try to be a more clever one.  No one is fooled by his shiftiness, and he is being held partially responsible for Drumpf's rise and staying power.

If it weren't for Nate Silver, I would be pulling my hair out.  Any chance Joe will have him on anytime soon?

• Love 3

I might actually start thinking more kindly of Donald if he started a network and took Joe and Mika off of MSNBC and out of my sight forever.

I'm pretty convinced Trump promised Joe a job in his admin. when they met--and may have offered him something at the new network if he loses. Definitely something transpired there--Joe has been coopted every since (and, of course, Mika along with him).

I also wonder if Joe is thinking of running for office again and thinks Trump with his 50 million supporters and new network (new political party, too?) will be a great help for him.

I don't think the people around his table ever look like they really like Joe. I wonder if he feels it, too. (Doubt it).

• Love 5

Since Joe is certain that Trump has tapped into the zeitgeist of our day, and is merely representing the pent up angst of good hard working Americans left behind by uh.. something or other, then he should have no issues with #RepealThe19th.  Just blue collar workers being blue collar, man.  And anyway, it's just a joke, and it's another example of the media hating Trump.  Just like the long line of women speaking out about being assaulted.
I wonder if Joe will even show up?  I presume he will, though.  He views himself as the best spin doctor/salesperson in politics. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe in Joe's little squinty brain it's a negotiating tactic.

Phil, you better be good to me or I'll be gone. 

If that is the case, could Griffin really be so blind to the fact that if he had to decent hosts for that 6-9 am show, his ratings might actually go up.

Imagine Joy Reid and Thomas Roberts, or Kornacki.    Imagine this show actually being intelligent discussion from both parties about the issues of the day, instead of a screaming bully and his dimwitted girlfriend. 

I like to think I am pragmatic, realistic and a touch cynical.  But just raising this idea, this DREAM, is like me watching The Great British Bake Off during pastry week and with not a single snack in the house and you keep sending me pictures of the entire array of baked eats at the coffee shop in Vienna just down from the Stephansdom.

11 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Probably because she laughs at all his jokes. But I know what you're saying.  I have found myself not minding her so much lately too, esp. when she's on with BriWi & Rachel. 

Nicole is first and foremost a mercenary.  And the two nimrods are cramping her style.  She played early to the Inverted Orange Scrotum with all the pappy loves him early on but she has seen real quick how it is going to go.  Even if the Inverted Orange Scrotum wins, she has no place in his administration and she is redundant in the media since punditry would shift back to the left under such a President.  No her best bet for keeping her cackling mug on tv and earning a check is for Clinton to win so she can pretend to be the moderate critic who only spouts the True talking points.  I find her such a sleezy and creepy opportunist that it is almost funny so see her trying to carve out her next televised niche and Mika and her male slut of a co-host run willy nilly every which way.  Nicole is trying to carefully build up the notion she is the reasonable oppositions talking head for the next four or eight years and having to sit and wipe the foam from the sides of the two rabid dogs she shares  a desk with most mornings has to make her running home and checking the sales of her weak little works of fiction.   Plus the Inverted Orange Scrotum really has sent Palin even as a cultural bump into complete obscurity.  Those dreams of Tina Fey or even Amy Poehler turning her thin attempt at a roman a clef into a movie are fading pretty fast.  I loathe Wallace.

I do wish she had hauled off and clocked Mika though.  I'm not going to lie, I would love to start my day seeing that albino pinhead spin.  I mean c'mon.  No matter how peaceful and non-violent you are, imagine as you get ready to trudge out into the world and hope that second cup of coffee you just bolted down and burnt the roof of your mouth will get you to eleven at the least and suddenly with a loud crack you just see that q-tip sneering face spin around like a Linda Blair impression.  Now that would give you a lift in your step longer than any cup of coffee.  Why I bet I would be smiling so hard the whole day people might be worried I had started to legally hold a concealed weapon or something.

And I find it hilarious that Mika even entertains the slightest fantasy she is young enough to be on a Roger Ailes network.  Yeah, Mika, he made Susteren crawl and she seemed to have been one of his advocates to the end.  Plus she came in with an audience and an established presence when he lured her away with a huge salary.  Though my question is, if the network was founded by those three, which boss do you pander to?  I mean it is pretty hard to let the Inverted Orange Scrotum grab you in his favorite spot if you are already down on your knees in Ailes' favorite position.

It is fun to see the two basically shit all over their current job and bosses.  While on that current job.  To their current bosses.  I hope they have to eat their own shit sandwiches they so gleefully made with those statements.

• Love 11

Dammit!  It looked like Willie was about to bring up the VIDEO of the 42 year old Trump leering about a 10 year old(!) that in ten years he'd be dating her.  But Joe of course interrupted him and he dropped it.  The spinning this morning is stomach churning.

• Love 8

(Thursday 10-13, First half hour)  So, we're off to a fine start...

Good gawd, Joe is going full* oppo-dump truther on these most recent Trump sexual harassment/assault stories, saying he doesn't understand why the women didn't come forward a year ago after the Megyn Kelly thing, so it must be coordinated by the Clinton campaign.  And, Mark Halperin is being the voice of reason by stating that  he thinks it's an organic development, following from the Access Hollywood tape and the second debate. Though, it would have been nice if Halperin or someone else mentioned the difficulties and risks of coming forward publicly.

Also, another classic Morning Joe trope:  When Mika was trying to talk about her experiences in Washington, Joe was talking for her and interrupting her.

*Though he leaves himself a slight opening to walk-it-back, saying this is all just healthy skepticism.

• Love 7

Not to be rude but, um, why in the world are we (the show) pretending that tRump is electable anymore?

Also @Just Here you always know when Joe has gone way off to la la land when Halperin is the voice of reason.

Addressing the above talk about a tRump network with Bannon, Bossie and Ailes is a forgone conclusion in my mind.  We have Judical Watch and many other right-wing groups that were born in vast right wing conspiracy against the Clintons in the 90s.  The spawn of Mellon-Scaifes inherited their father's money and hate for all things Clinton.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Geebus Joe, this is historically bad, even for you.

Today may be the breaking point for me, and we're still in the first hour. What Joe is saying is despicable to me. Coming forward with accusations of sexual abuse is always hard. ALWAYS. Coming forward against a person in power is even harder. I can't imaging doing it when the man in question is running for President of the United States.

I agree that what Bill Clinton did is deplorable. I agree that he got a free pass. I understand that excuses were made for his behavior that may have victimized the women involved. None of that excuses Donald Trump or invalidates his accusers. Also, and apparently it needs to be said again, Donald Trump is running for president, Bill Clinton is not. I don't care if this story originated with opposition research or not (though I don't believe that it did), Joe is wrong to dismiss these claims or to dismiss these women. 

I really enjoy this show, and I'm fond of the panel and their guests, but Joe Scarborough is becoming unbearable to me, and I don't know that I'm going to make it to November 9.

• Love 6

Wow, this discussion today is just surreal. Apparently, Joe is rejecting the possibility that these women have come forward on their own, in response to the Billy Bush tape and after Trump's  internationally  televised denial that he ever did those things.  Nope, he believes it's an oppo dump engineered by the Clinton campaign. So now he can claim that "both sides" are dragging the campaign into the gutter.

...and now Joe is blaming Obama for Congress' refusal to work with him for the past eight years, as if they didn't all meet the night of his election and pledge to obstruct EVERYTHING he wanted to do. And he actually believes that it would be different with Trump or "even Hillary, because Hillary works hard."

Well, I'm just not going to touch what he appears to be leaving unsaid about Obama. But I will say that he is radically underestimating Republicans' white-hot hate of the Clintons as well as the rabid fervor of the soon-to-be disappointed Trump supports who were out last night screaming for her to be "hanged in the streets." Republicans in Congress were afraid of the Tea Party, for crying out loud. They are not going to suddenly find a backbone to stand up to this crowd.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 8

Mika is wearing a royal blue sweater & Joe is wearing a brown sweater. The allegations against Trump are growing. The NY times found a woman who was on a plane 35 years ago that was groped by Trump. Joe defended Trump. He wanted to know why the allegations weren't released before the first debate in August 2016. The campaign is getting ugly. Kasie Hunt was upset about the disrupters at Clinton events of people shouting that Bill Clinton was a rapist. Kristen said Trump 's supporters are more enthusiastic than Clinton supporters.

Mika said she was assaulted when she was in Washington by powerful men. Hillary is doing well in the PA suburbs.

• Love 2

So yesterday when Joe said in admiration that Trump is behaving as he has to behave, ""Donald has no choice but to do what he's doing right now.  I know the media can't get past their sheer [with hand gesture for emphasis] hatred of him.  Their.  Uncontrollable.  Sheer.  Hatred of Donald Trump."  He's displaying his sheer hatred of Clinton today, doing, what one should presume, what her team ought to do.  Puff a little wind into the sails of women who've come forward.  Or, does Joe suppose the women are all liars, fabricating the story?
The game is politics, Joe.  But, what's good for Donald is NOT good for Clinton?  Got ya.  Seems unbiased and even.

Also, there is no evidence that Clinton's staffers are involved.  Or surrogates.  It's just as likely that Republican operatives encouraged these women to finally put a stake in the Trump's heart.  And Republican operatives would explain why it took so long, whereas Clinton would've pushed this story long ago when they first became aware.

For Joe to victim blame is foul and disgusting.

• Love 8

Is the 8:05am mark a repeat from earlier?  Joe is now attacking Bill Clinton, a figure in the past he hugely admires, and supports Trump going "buck wild" because right now Bill Clinton's transgressions are more important? 
They are re-litigating Bill Clinton's behavior.   Trying to attach it to Trump's fitness to be President.   I just cannot believe this.

• Love 4

Good lord Joe the difference between Trump and Clinton, is Trump's mouth. The accusations against both men could be true, we may never know for sure beyond a reasonable doubt, but one is on tape bragging about sexual assault, and being a peeping Tom by his own admission because um, he could since he ran the beauty paegents and the other isn't. One is on tape constantly focusing on how ugly,disgusting, fat and/or sexually desirable women are. One is on tape calling Paula Jones unattractive as if that was important in terms of weather or not we should consider the validity of her claims of sexual assault by Bill Clinton, and that one wasn't Bill Clinton, fancy that. Shall I continue with his on tape rant about Megan Kelly's period? One is on tape having a convo. with a fellow pervert disgussing his daughter's breasts and it isn't Slick Willy. His daughter! Someone who no matter how hard he tries he should only be able to picture as his precious, innocent baby girl, not sex object.  Come on Joey boy, you can keep trying but it's not working. It goes on and on courtesy of Donald Trump. He's a prosecutor's dream because he never stops running his mouth. 

Also, Joe, you can be sure I'm going to help mount a defense for my husband against his accusers because first he's my family and second my loyalty is to him at least until the prosecution can prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. And get the hell out of here if you expect me to buy that any defense attorney worth their law degree wouldn't try to discredit said accusers. It's ugly especially if accusers are telling the truth but that's the prosecutor's job to make sure the jury believes them, not the defense attorney nor ANY family member of the accused. The fact that I'm married to him means he's getting the benefit of the doubt. As his wife I owe it to him to believe his word before I believe his accusers, even though I might be side eyeing him through it all.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Just Here said:

Good gawd, Joe is going full* oppo-dump truther on these most recent Trump sexual harassment/assault stories...

Here's the video of Joe's truther spiel:

"I'm just asking why suddenly all of this is blowing up in October..."
 "I'm just saying..."

Update: Clip/tweet has been deleted by the Morning_Joe account.  Hmm...
Edited by Just Here
punctuation is important, update added
  • Love 3

In terms of the rape case, which apparently Hillary expressed her regrets on in her book...

They love to report this story without making note time and time again that Hillary was appointed to the case, she tried to get out of it, that after  winning this horrible case Hillary started the first rape counseling hotline in Arkansas. That's how disgusted and guilty she must have felt but it would have been malpractice to throw the case and not do her job. Everyone hates Johnny whatshisname in the OJ case sorry, but he was doing his job and a dirty job at that, but a perfectly legal one. Someone had to it, otherwise we don't have a justice system. You can't vilify defense attorneys for legally playing a part in the justice system. If you want to be pissed, be pissed at the justice system and not a practicing attorney who has no power in designing that system. They just use the law to represent their clients, if they don't, then they're breaking the law. Also, sometimes defendants do turn out to have been wrongfully prosecuted Central Park Five anyone? It's all very ugly. 

Time to take another long break from this show, ugh.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Also, Joe, you can be sure I'm going to help mount a defense for my husband against his accusers because first he's my family and second my loyalty is to him at least until the prosecution can prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. And get the hell out of here if you expect me to buy that any defense attorney worth their law degree wouldn't try to discredit said accusers. It's ugly especially if accusers are telling the truth but that's the prosecutor's job to make sure the jury believes them, not the defense attorney nor ANY family member of the accused. The fact that I'm married to him means he's getting the benefit of the doubt. As his wife I owe it to him to believe his word before I believe his accusers, even though I might be side eyeing him through it all.

If I may humbly add to this righteous rant?  Uh, Joe, would you like to be reminded daily that, in fact, the bpdy of a Dead Intern, Lori Klausitus -- yes, it's a meme -- was found in your office?  It was right around the same time Gary Condit, a Democrat, was run out of Washington because the police couldn't find the body of his Dead Intern, Chandra Levy.  You're a Republican and It's Always OK If You're A Republican (IAOIYAR).  

Oh, and, Joe, his and my marriage is none of anyone else's business.  Full.  stop.  

• Love 6

For Joe to victim blame is foul and disgusting.

Agreed. Victim-blaming is disgusting, whether it's Joe or Hillary Clinton doing the blaming. And I do appreciate Joe bringing up Hillary's role in the  nuts-and-sluts operation during her husband's administration. Imagine if Melania Trump did the same, the hell that would be raised.

Lol at the Washington Post editor struggling to come up with one accomplishment by Clinton as Secretary of State. 

If if there is one benefit to the Trump nomination, it is the exposure of the Christian Right as frauds. That guy from CBN and the clip of the Falwell spawn proves it. 

• Love 2

Why do Mika and Joe change so often between the first two hours and the last 30 minutes?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Are taking bets on the over/under of tRump groping allegations today?  How about whether or not tRump will get Ms Mondale's first name correct?

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Why do Mika and Joe change so often between the first two hours and the last 30 minutes?

I noticed that too. They were both wearing complety different clothes when they returned after the 8:00 re-run. What's the point in changing for just the last half hour of the show?

• Love 3

Also unlike the incompetents on this show I'm pleased to see other competent reporters point out the dates on these emails. Like the one they claimed was about strategizing against Sanders during the primary, only to have Chris Hayes point out that do we really think she was thinking about defeating Sanders back in 2013 which was the date on said email?

Or the recent one about Catholics with Palmeri, who is a fellow Catholic which was dated in 2011 way before she was ever working for Hillary's campaign. But good luck with the digging, pathetic.

Trump and Putin better manipulate  the dates on the next batch, idiots.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 8

I'm sure that Joe lived through the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, where Professor Anita Hill risked her reputation and was skewered by a bunch of men for reluctantly coming forward about what she knew.  Apparently, there were other women (most of them Black) who wanted to testify but they weren't able to.  And, as now, Justice Thomas made himself out to be the victim of a "high tech lynching."  Evidence that corroborated Professor Hill's claims was not allowed to be presented.  Thomas' supporters on the Judiciary Committee and in the Bush Administration were ruthless in trying to discredit Professor Hill, including humiliating and degrading her.

The more some things change, the more they stay the same.  So, now the tangerine one, who can't keep his mouth shut about anything, is the victim of the media and "the Clintons."  I hope Joe is similarly humiliated for selling his soul to the devil.  The lengths that he's willing to go to pimp for that dream job are beyond disgusting.  BTW--is there any outrage for his demigod's attempt to whip his followers up into "monitoring" the polls in certain neighborhoods to intimidate minority voters?

• Love 5

So, if Hillary is disqualified by speaking about others' infidelity because her husband cheated, then isn't Joe disqualified from judging anyone else's comments on infidelity, because he's a known cheater... with the woman he daily abuses in front of our eyes?
Joe: "But I'm not running for President."
Nobody on his panel because none of them has guts: "Yeh.  Neither is Bill Clinton, asshole."

• Love 12

Nicole is first and foremost a mercenary.  And the two nimrods are cramping her style.  She played early to the Inverted Orange Scrotum with all the pappy loves him early on but she has seen real quick how it is going to go.  Even if the Inverted Orange Scrotum wins, she has no place in his administration and she is redundant in the media since punditry would shift back to the left under such a President.  No her best bet for keeping her cackling mug on tv and earning a check is for Clinton to win so she can pretend to be the moderate critic who only spouts the True talking points.  I find her such a sleezy and creepy opportunist that it is almost funny so see her trying to carve out her next televised niche and Mika and her male slut of a co-host run willy nilly every which way.  Nicole is trying to carefully build up the notion she is the reasonable oppositions talking head for the next four or eight years and having to sit and wipe the foam from the sides of the two rabid dogs she shares  a desk with most mornings has to make her running home and checking the sales of her weak little works of fiction.   Plus the Inverted Orange Scrotum really has sent Palin even as a cultural bump into complete obscurity.  Those dreams of Tina Fey or even Amy Poehler turning her thin attempt at a roman a clef into a movie are fading pretty fast.  I loathe Wallace.

Totally agree. I just meant my head doesn't explode as much when I see her on tv.  But you're right, she's probably just playing the long con. 

Sorry about the dreams of baked goods and new hosts.  I can send you a box of Little Debbie Snack Cakes if it helps. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

My head almost exploded when Joe was talking about Mika being treated badly by men who are now being so "self righteous".  I thought, "Joe, you know you're describing yourself, right?" 

Good Lord!  His narcissism and projection are even worse than I thought.  No wonder he and Drumpf get along so well.

Has Meek-a been able to get a word in edgewise?

• Love 4

Man, this was a shitshow. Even that panel of all men were uncomfortable with Joe and Mika's excuses for Trump. It looked like Geist and Halperin were trying to recoil from the conversation. MSNBC needs to yank these two off the air because this is getting embarassing.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bill Clinton is just a skeezy as Donald Trump. They both palled around with Epstein the guy who allegedly had underaged hookers on his plane and at his parties. Both Donald and Bill are scum. But, it doesn't matter what Bill did now because he isn't running for president. Donald is. Their equally appalling behavior doesn't make it ok to vote for or excuse Donald.

And there is no doubt in my mind that Mika and Joe are lining up a future career by kissing Donald's ass here. What I am curious about is if we start losing the other panelists who are too disgusted to appear on Morning Joe in the future. 

Edited by pivot
  • Love 5

BTW... The Great British Bake Off is the best thing that has ever been on TV, probably.  Startling juxtaposition of that against this morning's Morning Joe.

I have never watched any kind of cooking/baking competition show.  I know it's off topic but quick other than a baking show what is it? Pretend I'm Mika and I don't like tv or entertainment or anything ;)

Full disclosure I didn't watch Breaking Bad til the 4th season.  So I don't catch on to stuff from the get go sometimes.  Kinda like Mika. 

Joe also regularly pushes the notion that there are secret Trump voters out there who tell Joe and Mika their vote but won't admit it publicly. 

Since the first debate, when Mika overreacted and thought Clinton would be perceived as losing, the two of them have seemed more and more desperate. Joe seems to holler more, and Mika attacks, like she did with Nicole. Today, when the were talking about the accusers coming forward, Mika discussed how she was a page on Capitol Hill and was harassed. She started to say "My parents prepared me..." but Joe interrupted. I changed the channel then because Ms. Know Your Worth had joined with those blaming the victims. A sorry spectacle.

Edited by may flowers
spelling
  • Love 8