Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Unless I am totally misunderstanding how this works, don't our Federal taxes fund the military (salaries, weaponry, submarines, aircraft, bases, etc.) and fund all veterans' benefits?  If that orange jackass didn't pay a dime for decades or more - if ever - how can he tout his supposed "love" of all things military?  When given the chance to serve his country, he finagled his way out with his boo-boo heels (GIVE ME A F'ING BREAK).  When he had the opportunity to support the American military through payment of the very taxes that fund the entire Defense Dept., he brags - BRAGS -  that he's so smart that he jumped through every loophole to avoid giving our troops so much as one dollar.  Why is no-one bombarding him with this question??   Why do all those generals who support him not find this hypocritical?  Has this ever been brought up on the Joe and Meeka Comedy Hour (Plus Two More)?

The two twits also refuse to watch prime-time MSNBC.

Trump doesn't give a damn about vets, it's quite clear now.

• Love 2

So Joe, Mika, and the Politico guy were ranting that the IRS won't let you pay more taxes. IIRC, the Clintons have been paying more taxes because they weren't taking the full amount of deductions that were available to them to use.  I believe that when people looked at Romney's sole tax return that he made available, they did a similar thing of not taking a $1.4M(?) write-off in order to get them up to him paying 14% in taxes.

If you don't fully claim your deductions you can pay more. Trump isn't a genius, his accountant did all of the hard work. Typical, claiming credit for work done by others.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

These two twits are giving me whiplash.  Pick a candidate already and stick with it. 

I would actually prefer it if they did not pick a candidate or at the very least stop being so obvious about it to the point where they have been embarrassing themselves for months.  That recent pilgrimage to Trump Tower must have been a doozy.

Am I to understand it now that the "liberal media" is biased in favor of Secretary Clinton?  But...what about those conservative newspapers that are also endorsing her?  And, what about USA Today, which all but said, "NOT this one--NEVER this one!" regarding Drumpf?  Evidently, The New York Times is on Joe's fecal roster.  I would venture to guess that it's not because of any endorsement either; could it be because the "paper of record" has finally stopped seeing Drumpf as a circus attraction and is actually remembering its role as a part of the Fourth Estate?

It's a wonder Joe and Meek-a haven't developed pulled hamstrings and other injuries from their gymnastics exercises in trying to make the case for Drumpf.  And, yes--that tax issue is going to hurt because for once people are still talking about it and this may be the one hard-baked substance that will stick to Mr. Teflon.

Oh, and Joe, please don't talk disgraced former bug exterminator known as former Congressman Tom Delay so early in the day.  He was a nasty, vindictive and destructive presence in Congress.

• Love 7

So, how absurd was Joe and Mika trying to spin Ayotte's comments calling Trump a role model for kids as no big deal? The problem with Joe and Mika is that they are so desperate to be buddies with politicians that they can't cover them objectively. 

• Love 8

When the gang were apalled that the "liberal" media, as a group, went after Trump, it bugged the crap out of me.  No, I understood it as the media stopped trying to say that ALLLLLLLLLLL of Trumps faults were equal to Hillary's emails. Trump ran a charity like his personal piggy bank, but Clinton may have traded favors for donations, but there is no proof.  Certain papers decided that it wasn't the same, not even close and the gang can't stand it.

• Love 8

Mika has made her support for Clinton as explicit as she can. She has repeated it on several occasions. Calling out the Clinton campaign for miscalculations is not the same as making a case for Trump. 

Barnicle's wife gave a lot of money to the Clinton campaign. When he pointedly said this morning that Clinton has not made a case for herself, he hasn't suddenly forfeited the $$$ his family has invested in a Clinton presidency and switched to Team Trump.

11 minutes ago, pivot said:

So, how absurd was Joe and Mika trying to spin Ayotte's comments calling Trump a role model for kids as no big deal? The problem with Joe and Mika is that they are so desperate to be buddies with politicians that they can't cover them objectively. 

No big deal, huh?  As much time as these two spend on Twitter, I'm sure they saw how folks went in on Senator Ayotte's foolish comments.  Heck, even The New York Times reported on it this morning.  Sure.  It wasn't such a big deal that the good senator actually claimed she "misspoke."  

What should be the story here are the folks like Senator Ayotte who still "don't officially endorse" Drumpf but will vote for him anyway.  Perhaps this position hits a little too closely to home for Joe?  

• Love 2

The segment this morning where Mika actually attempted to call out "the liberal media, or [finger quotes] mainstream media," for being too hard on Trump but not Clinton was... bizarre.  Surreal.  So unmoored from truth or rationality or proportionality.  It was bewildering and I had to sit and think for a moment about what I was hearing from them.  Talk about an echo chamber. 
Joe's article about Trump being a change agent because he's the outsider is cute.  Among certain right wing thought leaders, Obama was never presidential because he wasn't experienced enough and just preached change.  Reason enough to disqualify Obama then and now, but the only good reason to vote for Trump.  Makes sense.
That's an adorable deplorable argument you're making, Joe.

• Love 12

It wasn't just rightwingers who pushed this naive Obama nonsense. Tons of Hillary supporters pushed this racist drivel as well. The same white pundits who are pushing Hillary now are the ones saying Hillary would have been a better president all through Obama's first 6 years in office. They stopped that now that the public is seeing President Obama vs. candidate Hillary and the contrast is too great for them to be able to push that talking point.

I will contend that Mika was about the only liberal/Dem pundit on TV who gave Sanders a fair shake during the primaries and the only one who called out Hillary's flaws during the primaries. I give her a lot of credit for that because she got hammered from Dems for doing so. They definitely fawned over Trump in the primaries and Joe is now desperately spinning to try to make Trump seem acceptable now. It isn't going to work. Mika is backing Hillary now but only because the other option is Trump. I think if it had been Hillary vs. Christie or Kasich she would have been backing them. 

What's frustrating about this show is that the format is perfect - 2 hour politics/foreign policy show and then they fill it with people who just repeat Joe's inane nonsense. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Dagny said:

So Joe, Mika, and the Politico guy were ranting that the IRS won't let you pay more taxes. IIRC, the Clintons have been paying more taxes because they weren't taking the full amount of deductions that were available to them to use.  I believe that when people looked at Romney's sole tax return that he made available, they did a similar thing of not taking a $1.4M(?) write-off in order to get them up to him paying 14% in taxes.

If you don't fully claim your deductions you can pay more. Trump isn't a genius, his accountant did all of the hard work. Typical, claiming credit for work done by others.

I read one article interviewing one of his accountants who said when he and Ivana came in to sign their tax return, the only one who showed any interest in the details of it was Ivana. (Trump, I imagine, saw all that he was interested in when he saw --again--that he wouldn't be paying anything.)

So he doesn't pay federal income tax to help fund the VA, schools, medical care, the military, the roads and airports--all that decayed infrastructure he said he's going to "rebuild" as president.  And the Washington Post has shown he doesn't give any of his money to charity either.

And he threatens companies doing abroad while all his products except the stupid $25 hat are made overseas, including in China and Mexico.

Joe and Mika played a part in getting him this far, imo. And after that one visit to Trump Tower, they're willing to get this guy elected. I really wish I knew what he offered them. (That IS his M.O.  And I'm sure finding "Joe's price" was pretty easy.)

It was disgusting to watch them spin the polling results as positive for Trump even though they showed Hillary strong in the battleground states and with well over 300 elec college votes if election were held today.  I thought Joe had shown some character over the summer, but apparently his "opposition" was just as opportunistic as this is.

• Love 14

WOW - so good to see I'm not the only one that was incensed by this morning's show.  I only made it thru the first hour.  But I learned that Trump up by 5 in Ohio means he's running away with it, Hillary up by 5 in Florida means she should be very worried, in the poll where Hillary is winning by 1 (I think that was it) Trump has "SURGED" 5 points while you had to look at the chart to see that HIllary is up 6 from that previous poll.

Re the poster who linked Joe's Washington Post oped - most of the comments are scathing against Joe and Meeka.

What I would like to see covered/ asked of Trump is that since he didn't have to pay anything for 15 years that brings us to 2010.  Since then has he paid federal income taxes and if so at what rate?

I'm surprised Joe doesn't wear a TRUMP button on his fleece sweater.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, NextIteration said:

I hyperlinked above, but maybe nobody clicked it?

The reason for the behavior y'all witnessed this morning (and that whiplash you feel) is that they were pushing Joe's latest OpEd piece in WaPo.

I meant to tell you earlier that I read Joe's latest op-ed piece, which has garnered over 1,000 comments.  I don't know what he is trying to serve up, but many of the people commenting aren't having it.  He's still being read for filth as I type this.

Several of them cited how Drumpf insulted Joe and Meek-a on Twiter and threatened to expose the details of their personal lives.  But, a few weeks later Joe and Meek-a answer Drumpf's command to visit him at the Tower and them, bam!  It's anti-Clinton, seemingly all the time.  Nor, are readers letting Joe and Meek-a forget that it was their show that allowed Drumpf to rise.

One person even said that Joe's "wisdom" was the final straw in helping him/her make a decision to kick cable television out of their home.  So, to paraphrase Joe's "wisdom," if Drumpf could keep his lips shut for 30 days, he would likely win.

• Love 2

But I learned that Trump up by 5 in Ohio means he's running away with it, Hillary up by 5 in Florida means she should be very worried, in the poll where Hillary is winning by 1 (I think that was it) Trump has "SURGED" 5 points while you had to look at the chart to see that HIllary is up 6 from that previous poll.

The backdrop of this discussion this morning was that these were the first polls after the debate and on exactly this day last week, everyone was crowing about how Trump had spent the last hour talking gibberish and Hillary called him out for fat-shaming, this was the worst week of the Trump campaign, blah blah blah. Only Mika pumped the brakes on this, and was much maligned for doing so. So now the polls come out and....small changes. Not the tsunami that everyone had expected. Mika was right, and she reminded everyone of that. 

• Love 2

I was interested in Mika's comments on Hillarys speech money today. I am equally interested in the discussion of it here. I have been at many speeches sponsored by big Wall Street firms at annual events for senior staff or at industry conferences. (Although never a Hillary speech). What constitutes a "public speech" for a firm vs. a "private speech"?

i have always felt H and Bill should just own their speaking fees. Former presidents and First Ladies, former cabinet members always get massive fees  

• Love 3

So as to keep this discussion within the strictures of Morning Joe: Mika has made a point that Clinton has not released the transcripts of her speeches to Wall Street firms. (The ones that have brought the most attention are ones she gave to Goldman Sachs). I think the only different between private speeches and public ones is what disclosure provisions are in the speaker's agreement. The speeches given by Hillary to Goldman had very extensive and strict anti-disclosure provisions (you can Google them). She alone controls whether the transcript, audio or video recording etc are released. And she has chosen not to do so. Mika thinks this is bad. Some people agree with Mika.

35 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The backdrop of this discussion this morning was that these were the first polls after the debate and on exactly this day last week, everyone was crowing about how Trump had spent the last hour talking gibberish and Hillary called him out for fat-shaming, this was the worst week of the Trump campaign, blah blah blah. Only Mika pumped the brakes on this, and was much maligned for doing so. So now the polls come out and....small changes. Not the tsunami that everyone had expected. Mika was right, and she reminded everyone of that. 

I don't think Mika was right. She thought polls would show lots of people related to Trump and felt he had won the debate. At least 40% (more or less) aren't going anywhere for either candidate, so I don't think anyone expects a big gap at this point. (That said, I had to go to CNN to see the--I believe Monmouth--poll showing Hillary up 10pts again in Pennsylvania!) I don't think people expected a tsunami but what was aggravating was that the Joe crew couldn't even acknowledge she's very comfortably leading again -- and as of now, he has no electoral college opening at all.

If those polling numbers were reversed, just imagine how they'd be boasting about Trump's "incredible lead--including a near-lock on the electoral college!"  Glad to see people aren't buying what he's selling at the Washington Post.  He's gone back to "reprehensible egotistical opportunist" for me (along with Giuliani, Cruz and others).

• Love 7

This morning when Mika was clucking and bemoaning about Hillary's paid speeches (she'd do the same if someone would pay her), I was thinking, why hasn't someone come forward long before now and leaked Hillary's "controversial" speeches?  There's always one weasel out there.

Maybe Mika needs to find a new fake outrage to hate Hillary over.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 5

Me-eka is just pissed that her inside source on the Clinton speeches that she spoke about last February never materialized.

Honestly, I think Me-eka knows that her White House access will be greatly diminished by a Clinton Administration.  There are tapes of everything from her going back to the 2008 primary race, none of it kind to SoS Clinton.

Arms Greenspan will be forced to pay penance as well.  Indefatigable was not a compliment.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

I was thinking, why hasn't someone come forward long before now and leaked Hillary's "controversial" speeches?  There's always one weasel out there.

If her contract for those speeches is anything like the ones that were made public, then she maintained *sole* control and custody of the transcript. And no doubt they're not just lying around the office. And she has very loyal staff. If she had her PDAs destroyed by hammers, you better believe this kind of stuff is controlled tightly.

So we will probably never know. If you want, you can Google stories from February, in which people from Goldman who attended them described them as love letters to the firm. Politico had some interesting articles.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Padma said:

I don't think Mika was right. She thought polls would show lots of people related to Trump and felt he had won the debate. At least 40% (more or less) aren't going anywhere for either candidate, so I don't think anyone expects a big gap at this point. (That said, I had to go to CNN to see the--I believe Monmouth--poll showing Hillary up 10pts again in Pennsylvania!) I don't think people expected a tsunami but what was aggravating was that the Joe crew couldn't even acknowledge she's very comfortably leading again -- and as of now, he has no electoral college opening at all.

If those polling numbers were reversed, just imagine how they'd be boasting about Trump's "incredible lead--including a near-lock on the electoral college!"  Glad to see people aren't buying what he's selling at the Washington Post.  He's gone back to "reprehensible egotistical opportunist" for me (along with Giuliani, Cruz and others).

If the polls were taken immediately after the debate, they did not cover Trump's post-debate meltdown, tax revelations, Twitter tantrums (Twantrums?), etc., but I don't think anyone on the panel touched on that.

I honestly don't care what Hillary said to Wall Street. If she's as dishonest and untrustworthy as they say, it wouldn't matter what she promised Goldman Sachs because she's, well, dishonest and untrustworthy and how can anyone believe her? If she simply said nice things to them because they had invited her to speak, Joe and Mika will still twist and reinterpret her words because that's what they do.

• Love 13

I wish Morning Joe would describe for us how powerful Hillary Clinton really is.  Her mystery speech must have been the most powerful presentation in the history of lecterns and Powerpoints, because it is literally the most important thing in the world.  She controls Wall Street.  And she keeps it a secret.  But they don't want her to be President.  She manipulates the entirety of the most powerful group on Earth, and they think she's not qualified?  Heh.
Yeah.  None of it makes any sense.  They are just burping thoughts on air born of half-formed pre-show meetings, and push the day's particular stance through the morning to get social media friction and push-back.  Causes page views, clicks, impressions, mentions, and they repeat the same nonsense the next day.

I don't think they're serious about anything they say.  Later at their cocktail parties I bet every single resolute stance they took in the AM can be explained away by, "I said that?  Wow.  I had sooo much coffee and Xanax.  Stinging hangover.  Well... I suppose I said it, but it was for clicks.  Pour me some more Veuve Clicquot and I'll tell you what I really think of x, y, z."

• Love 5

Her mystery speech must have been the most powerful presentation in the history of lecterns and Powerpoints, because it is literally the most important thing in the world.

First, it was speeches, plural. And while some people aren't interested in what a presidential candidate said to officers and employees of an entity that she might regulate, that's fine, but a lot of people are, and they are not crazy for wanting to know, and it's obnoxious to imply that they are.  Those who aren't interested don't have to read the transcripts. YMMV.  And Mika just didn't burp that idea out. She has been consistent on this point since at least February.

• Love 2

I don't understand the Goldman Sachs thing Joe and Mika are so obsessed with either. Worst case scenario, GS paid her a lot and she spoke about the importance of banking and investment companies for the health of the nation. I really doubt she would say, "Down with Dodd Frank!" or "If I'm president, I'll make sure you STAY 'too big to fail'!" It probably wasn't a speech you'd make to Occupy Wall Street people, but Americans need Wall Street's health, too. Lots and lots of pension funds go down if Goldman Sachs et al go down.

Plus, why is it all just on Hillary? Donald's the one who wants to appoint billionaire hedge fund manager Carl Icahn in charge of financial policies and negotiations. And Trump's team of "economic advisors" is ALL made up of hedge fund managers and bankers. Why isn't THAT important? Joe and Mika's stoking Trump's fake populism by repeating anti-Clinton talking points is irritating in the treme.

• Love 18

If Mika and Joe were truly interested in castrating or punishing Wall Street for some reason, then they could examine every person who addresses Goldman Sachs' current meetings or conferences or conventions.  They are happening today.  Tomorrow.  Yesterday.  If presentations to power brokers is the heart of evil, then why are they uninterested in looking into this today, but are only interested in what happened 6 years ago (or whenever) when Hillary spoke to them once?  Their bro is not only leveraged to the hilt to Wall Street, his Wall Street speaking fees are 3x greater than Mika's.  No issue.  Odd.  Why could that be?
There is not a more fake issue in the history of US politics.  And THIS is what caused me to be so confused yesterday when that fucking idiot Mika claimed "the liberal media, or if you like 'mainstream media'" gives Hillary a pass and is being too tough on Donald Trump.

• Love 6

I can appreciate the on-set joy about Bill Clinton's so called gaffe, but what he said is true.  The cliff for the subsidies is really steep and it comes quickly - once you go over it you go from making a relatively small contribution to paying for the whole thing, with growing co-pays and deductibles.  It's sort of like when you leave a job and go on COBRA, and it is pretty crazy.  I don't agree that it was a slam against Obama like the MJ crew is trying to push, I think that Clinton just acknowledged the biggest flaw in the ACA, I know I saw it when the proposed income chart was made public.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

So Mika rolls her eyes at the fact that POTUS cancelled a campaign stop for HRC in Florida because "hurricane".

Mika, have you watched any news the last two days?  There are Hurricane warnings in Florida, the governor has issued evacuation orders, but you think it's all a big conspiracy because Bill hurt his feelings about ACA?  You mindless twit. 

Are you out of your fucking mind?   What Clinton was complaining about was how fucked up ACA is because of the insurance lobbies getting too much say so in how the rules were written.  

Apparently a man saying you're crazy and very dumb and had a mental breakdown doesn't stop you from kissing his ass because boyfriend woke up on the wrong side of the election? 

You make me sick. Know your worth?   As my dear old dad would say "you aren't worth the powder it would take to blow you up". 

• Love 17

I don't agree that it was a slam against Obama like the MJ crew is trying to push, I think that Clinton just acknowledged the biggest flaw in the ACA, I know I saw it when the proposed income chart was made public.

Whether or not it's true, or whether or not it's a slam against Obama, as the show pointed out, it was stupid to say - as evidenced that Trump made a lot of hay out of it on the stump, exaggerated it, etc.

• Love 3

Mika conflated Clinton's comments on the ACA with travel plans re: Hurricane Matthew?  That is laugh out loud funny.  She is so stupid it's amazing.

We're days away from seeing the first rain from the storm, but every single gas station here in Charleston is sold out of gas.  Yesterday because Gov Haley said there needs to be evacuations from the low country, the entire region was absolutely gridlocked with people waiting for hours for miles to get gas.  I suppose they're all driving to Calgary to escape?  I dunno.  But people are taking it very seriously.   Gov Scott of FL is freaking out.  So... yeah, flying into a hurricane is a bad idea, Mika.  You twit.

• Love 11

This show has always been a little weird but the past few weeks, there is a dynamic to the group that feels very unhealthy and weird--the clear underlying motive to the discussion, not withstanding reality has become very icky to watch--it's like a wound that's full of pus.

I think I'll find something else to watch in the mornings while I get ready for work.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

So Mika rolls her eyes at the fact that POTUS cancelled a campaign stop for HRC in Florida because "hurricane".

Mika, have you watched any news the last two days?  There are Hurricane warnings in Florida, the governor has issued evacuation orders, but you think it's all a big conspiracy because Bill hurt his feelings about ACA?  You mindless twit. 

Are you out of your fucking mind?   What Clinton was complaining about was how fucked up ACA is because of the insurance lobbies getting too much say so in how the rules were written.  

Apparently a man saying you're crazy and very dumb and had a mental breakdown doesn't stop you from kissing his ass because boyfriend woke up on the wrong side of the election? 

You make me sick. Know your worth?   As my dear old dad would say "you aren't worth the powder it would take to blow you up". 

When it comes to Meek-a, sometimes the jokes write themselves.  Given how obsessed Joe & Co. are about "the optics!" of everything, they would have messed their Depends if President Obama decided to go on that campaign stop while several governors have declared states of emergency and sought federal assistance.  He would have been called out on being "disengaged," and worse.

I get that Meek-a probably has to walk a precarious tightrope to hold on to her relationship with Joe, but, girl, is it worth it?

All I can say at this point, is thank goodness for reruns of I Dream of Jeannie as well as other retro shows that I can watch instead of starting my morning off full of piss and vinegar after watching these nimrods.

• Love 10

Fwiw, I actually watched the part of the show where it was mentioned that Obama wasn't going to Florida because of the Hurricane, and I didn't read that much into Mila's facial expressions.  But the video is up on their website and the mention is right around the 2 minute mark. Make your own conclusion.

14 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Fwiw, I actually watched the part of the show where it was mentioned that Obama wasn't going to Florida because of the Hurricane, and I didn't read that much into Mila's facial expressions.  But the video is up on their website and the mention is right around the 2 minute mark. Make your own conclusion.

I  have & it probably doesn't agree with yours.

• Love 1

I apologize for not doing any daily recaps for the past few days. I have been busy at work & went to a baseball game last night that ended very late. 

It seems that Mika& Joe are back on Team Trump. I wonder why?

Joe didn't deny the meeting at Trump Tower last week had occurred. Did Trump offer them anything? Mar a Largo. Gift certificates?

• Love 6

I  have & it probably doesn't agree with yours.

Unless she was having a seizure, she was making faces and rolling her eyes that the President made up some excuse about a hurricane so as not to go to Florida.  

She & Joe are really leaning in on Trump/Pence.  Maybe they'll get a big raise when they move to the Trump News Network and host  The Joe & Mika "We Sold Our Souls" Bullshit Hour .

Except that title wouldn't work, we all know Joe never had a soul and Mika gave hers to Joe for the ceremony when she agreed to be Satan's new bride. 

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, oakville said:

I apologize for not doing any daily recaps for the past few days. I have been busy at work & went to a baseball game last night that ended very late. 

Joe didn't deny the meeting at Trump Tower last week had occurred. Did Trump offer them anything? Mar a Largo. Gift certificates?

Gift certificates! LOL

I think Trump is promising a lot of things to a lot of people. But considering his character or lack thereof I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Unless she was having a seizure, she was making faces and rolling her eyes that the President made up some excuse about a hurricane so as not to go to Florida. 

I absolutely agree with this. She was totally making it out to be some hissy fit on Obama's part.

• Love 8

Self tanning coupons and breast implants for Mika. She's gotta be a 9 or higher if she's gonna cohost  that new morning show on Trump News Network. 

And she said she weighs almost 140 lbs now so probably membership at Gold's Gym in Trump Tower.   No fatties.  #Gross 

• Love 5

Mika has repeatedly expressed her support for Hillary Clinton and that she will vote for her. Calling Clinton out for things she thinks she's doing wrong does not make her some Trump-loving robot. Short of her going down on Hillary Clinton at the 7 o'clock hour (which would mean Clinton showing up for an interview), I'm not sure how much else she needs to do to prove her Hillary supporting bona fides.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, oakville said:

I know that common wisdom is guessing that Joe and Mika were offered a future "something" at that secret Trump Tower meeting, but I'm leaning more toward blackmail.  The couple's dramatic overall turnaround and tortured machinations to praise DT's faux-momentum are SO over-the-top that they've brought attention to themselves.  Something smells wrong to me.  In fact, I thought the same theory after Trump's daughter summoned Paul Ryan to a private meeting in NYC at around the same time as the Joe/Mika/DT meeting.  While Ryan continues to tapdance around any kind of full-throttle endorsement, I have noticed Ryan being kinder, gentler in his remarks, and, in fact, I thought he  was low-key congratulatory toward DT after the 9/26 debate.  When Ryan said that DT met expectations (a real double-entendre kind of compliment, to be sure) I could smell Ivanka's perfume wafting over Ryan's coif.   Just my opinion, of course.

The MJ show is now UNBEARABLE to watch. Mika and Joe just seem to browbeat anybody who offers different opinions or critiques.  Joe talks over everybody and is outright dismissive.  (Not to mention, Joe is so in love with himself!  It's always the people who could benefit from deep self-examination who have super-inflated egos.)  Mika rolls her eyes and sighs and gesticulates her supposed angst over HRC's failings.  While it's true, I guess, that Mika hasn't publicly rescinded her avowal to vote for H, I believe Mika is signaling loud and clear that she no longer supports the Democrat.  

The show now makes me anxious. I've tried to keep it on while I dress and makeup for work but I can't do it anymore.  CNN is not an option either, mainly because of my tendency toward anaphylactic shock when Lewandowski slithers into view. Back to music for me.

• Love 11

The show really has gone into the shitter. I don't mind them calling out Bill for his dumbass remark about Obamacare. Bill's always been a petty bitchy man and he's upset that Obama succeeded where Bill failed. But, for them to gloss over any bad polls for Trump and act like it is still a close race is bullshit. I can't stand either candidate but Hillary is clearly pulling away right now. 

They really need to retool the entire show. It's a great premise for a morning show as it is should be the only non-vapid morning show on. But, because Joe and Mika are running it, it's become unbearable to watch. 

• Love 8

I find this forum to be hilarious.  Well done everybody.

This show is getting worse at warp speed.  We're all witnessing it.  As a group, can we start a GoFundMe for Willie Geist to write a full, thorough tell-all?  I have to know what's going on behind the scenes.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Nidratime said:

I wonder, if it's so safe to fly into a hurricane's path, why Joe, Mika, and crew don't fly down to Florida and air their show from there. Should be a breeze ... literally.

In 2010, they went to Pensacola during the oils pill & walked on the beach with Gov Crist.

8 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Congrats to the Blue Jays!

Thanks!. Playoff baseball is so exciting!. I hope the Jays play the Red Sox in the ALCS final. I would love to see Joe & Barnicle at the games! Joe is a fake Red Sox fan.

• Love 1