Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika sure knows her value.............NOT.   As much as I detest Joe's bloviating and he is certainly an a..hole, he at least has pride in himself.  I am so disappointed and angry that MSNBC puts Mika forth as a smart, strong woman that knows her value.  Mika acts like a battered woman that is afraid of leaving and standing up for herself.  She goes from a controlling father to a controlling co-host.  She screeches and acts so immature.  Please, Mika, know your value and act like a mature, intelligent person.  If not, please give someone else an opportunity that can add to an intelligent discussion without hysterics.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

I know that Joe earns around $8 million per year..thanks to the GQ article.  I know that much money makes him happy and validates him.  But I have to wonder if he knows/realizes that many many many people are laughing AT him, not with him.  Still, I would be willing to be a bloviating douche if it meant I could get paid that much money for it.  Still think the head honchos at MSNBC/NBC come off looking terrible...worse than Joe.   I still have to wonder what he brings to their table...are the earnings from ad time that good?  Good enough for him to publicly embarrass them with his bragging and perks?  What does he have on them?  I can't think of a single news anchor who could get away with his behavior.  Even Matt Lauer seems like a class act compared to Joe. Wish MSNBC would hire Charlie Rose.  They would get gravitas AND ratings.  Probably. Maybe.  

I agree that MSNBC looks bad. However, they only care about the ratings & the $$$ it generates. Morning TV ad rates are high. I recall reading that the Today Show is on of the most profitable shows for NBC. It is the reason why Matt Lauer makes $25M per year. The statement by Mika that Todd, Mitchell etc "are our people" made me laugh. Andrea Mitchell was on MSNBC & NBC for at least 20 + years. Mika joined in 2007. Chuck Todd was hired by Tim Russert.

It is widely known, that Joe hated Keith Olbermann. Keith was the big shot at MSNBC a few years ago. It's a cyclical business.

Mika & Joe having a private meeting with Trump last week indicates that they want to BFF with him again in case he wins the election. Trump might agree to back on the show again. He made up with Megan Kelly , so anything is possible.

11 hours ago, Showwatcher said:

Mika sure knows her value.............NOT.   As much as I detest Joe's bloviating and he is certainly an a..hole, he at least has pride in himself.  I am so disappointed and angry that MSNBC puts Mika forth as a smart, strong woman that knows her value.  Mika acts like a battered woman that is afraid of leaving and standing up for herself.  She goes from a controlling father to a controlling co-host.  She screeches and acts so immature.  Please, Mika, know your value and act like a mature, intelligent person.  If not, please give someone else an opportunity that can add to an intelligent discussion without hysterics.

Mika has lost a lot of credibility over the past year. I notice that they don't do Mika's 30 minute girl power segments anymore from 8:30-9 A.M. Mika rarely has any of her old BFF's like Tina & Arianna on the show anymore. Cackles & Katty Kay are the only regular female panelists.

• Love 2

Tuesday recap. Joe is wearing his fleece shirt. Mika was happy that the Monkey poll showed Hillary leading by 5 points. Joe crowed that he was right about Hillary gaining ground. The panelists didn't know if this weekend's terrorist attacks would help Trump or Clinton. Joe was upset that Trump was mocking the health care & legal protections while his trial is going on.

The show didn't really cover the incidents in much detail. I was surprised.

Willie said Trump was scripted yesterday. Mika was getting emotional with hers cratchy voice over Trump's riff's

Gee Mika, you sound silly getting a huff about Trumpafter agreeing to attend a meeting at Trump tower last week without disclosing it to your viewers.

They discussed the UN meeting. Joe said not enough is being done about Syria. The Aleppo aid convoy was attacked by Syrian government.

The panel discussed millenials. Joe said they don't turn out as much as older voters. Johnson is getting around 30% of the vote. Hillary dropped from 48 to 31% in the last month. Jill Stein is getting 15% .Barnicle crowed that he didn't know about Aleppo. Someone said that Johnson smokes pot, so he is popular with younger voters.

Mika criticized Hillary speaking style. She repeated yesterday's argument that Hillary shouts. Hillary wasn't shouting during the speech .

Joe made fun of tv executives who wanted to attract millenials by having young bloggers host shows. Joe was probably referring to that MSNBC show in the afternoon with Toure, Farrow,Krystal Ball etc.

Joe said that Bob Shieffer,Bernie Sanders & Chris Matthews were popular with young people.

Joe said he tried to impress his kids by discussing music.

• Love 2

Worse than Joe and Mika's possible meeting with MR Tub of Lard.

I was distracted by the crawl this morning which read, Paul Ryan meets with Ivanka Trump.

Any small amount of respect I may have had for Paul Ryan, I flushed down the toilet.

Also on crawl, prosecutor says Chris Christie knew of bridge closures while they were happening.  Interesting that he's made himself  available to lie on CNN to Jake Tapper about Tubby's birther crap but two of the bomb incidents as well the capture of the suspect took place in NJ and he's invisible.

• Love 4

Joe crowed that he was right about Hillary gaining ground

The way this campaign has been in the past two months, if Trump gains ground next week Joe will be crowing how he called *that.* I get whiplash watching this guy.

I was surprised and gratified they spent a little time today talking about the goings on in Syria.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Maire said:

I came to try and post the article that Nextiteration posted above ^^

What the hell are they doing? It must be the bump in DJT's polling that sent them scurrying to beg forgiveness. I hope he comes back on the show and spills the beans about the greatest love story ever!!!

Maire, the operative word in your post is "scurrying."  Scurrying like two gerbils on a treadmill--or two rats scurrying in the dank corner of a basement.  

I vaguely recall the back-and-forth Joe did back in 2012 with respect to Governor Romney, who got a bump in the polls after the first debate.  He couldn't even hide how over the moon he was about Romney's performance.  Never mind that the governor kept the fact checkers busy all night, arrogantly refused to abide by the debate rules, and overtalked the moderator.  Then, over time Joe became quite morose and belligerent as the weeks wore on when it became clearer that Romney wasn't going to win.  But, of course, that was in the good old days when the mainstream media refused to allow Romney to get away with his lies.  Nor, did they find Romney "entertaining" or click bait for their sites.

And, this goes back to Meek-a knowing her value.  Oh, she knows her value alright.  It's whatever Joe tells her it is.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

The way this campaign has been in the past two months, if Trump gains ground next week Joe will be crowing how he called *that.* I get whiplash watching this guy.

I was surprised and gratified they spent a little time today talking about the goings on in Syria.

Exactly! Joe loves to brag that he is right about every shift in the polls. The Monkey poll was done before the terrorist attacks so it is irrelevant to Joe's analysis about who gained/lost ground as a result of their response to the terrorist attack.

• Love 4

That was disgusting.  Robby Mook is a campaign manager, not Clinton's foreign policy adviser.  They essentially set him up.

And once again, a full segment later they talk shit.  Hmmm, this is a theme they have with pro-Clinton folk.  Surprise, surprise.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

Joe must be feeling his Trump vibes again.

I swear he's almost the egomaniacal equivalent of that Orange Tub of Lard.

Joe must believe when Trump starts his new cable channel with Ailes, he'll get to be the President of Programming/Banging the CoHosts. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

That was disgusting.  Robby Mook is a campaign manager, not Clinton's foreign policy adviser.  They essentially set him up.

Absolutely. I can't believe Joe asked him "what are you here for". I ask myself that every time they have a Trump surrogate on but Joe seems to give them a lot more leeway to avoid answering any tough questions. Once again, the double standard is amazing. Robbie Mook is now supposed to be an expert on foreign policy yet Kelly Anne Conway can bat her eyes and smile and twist every question into an attack on Hillary.

Did Joe also say that Hillary wasn't that much better at debating than Trump? Maybe they should ask Bernie or Obama about that since they debated her one-on-one many times.

• Love 5

Joe gives Hillary tips on how to debate her lunatic opponent even acknowledging that no one wants to hear about his run for congress. (yeah).

He tells Hillary she has to keep pounding away and asking the same question over and over until it's clear he will not answer.

I don't see how Hillary has a chance to win a debate against him.  The press will declare him the winner as long as he doesn't wet his pants and her the looser because she's smart and knows every detail on every subject we expect from a president except for MR Tubby.  The press will declare her arrogant and trying to be the teacher's pet.

If Lester Holt asks Mr Tubby what he would do about Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, or the like, it will be his Aleppo, but the press will find a way to spin into a win for Tubby because he's not a politician.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 8

That was something else when a discussion of Obama's speech to the UN devolved into a Joe-Cackles-Michael "Professor Honeydew" Hayden circle jerk into how wonderful the Bush presidents were because they were pals with other foreign leaders. ("Yo, Blair.") And do they comprehend that our power at the UN is limited by China (propping up North Korea) and Russia (propping up everything else) being on the Security Council? I love how types like Joe and Hayden yap about how useless the UN is...until they can blame Obama for not working with it.

Man, the Aleppo bit killed a few weeks ago, I guess they're sticking with it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ShuFace88 said:

Did Joe also say that Hillary wasn't that much better at debating than Trump? Maybe they should ask Bernie or Obama about that since they debated her one-on-one many times.

Yes, that too.  Biden and Dodd did shine in the debates, but really Hillary only lost the one at Drexel where Russert went after her about licenses for illegal immigrants (a proposal I believe Elliot Spitzer was toying with at the time), Obama is really not very good at debate for a lawyer.  I know Hillary lost all the debates according to the over-zealous Sanders folks in on-line polls - but I'm pretty sure that people that judged them more dispassionately had her winning every debate against Sanders as well.

• Love 1

I think Joe's point was that debating Trump is nothing like debating traditional politicians - which is why he completely flummoxed Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz etc. He's fairly fearless (some would say shameless) about making assertions he has no backup for, and frankly, being mean to his opponents. And, from doing the Apprentice, he understands television. It's not that Hillary is a bad debater, it's just that these coming debates will be nothing like she's ever faced.

They pointed out that all the experts thought thst Trump lost the debate in South Carolina but the viewing audience thought he had won. That was the debate he got booed for saying 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, yelled at the audience for being loaded with lobbyists and consultants, and mocked Jeb as being the recipient of the Lucky Sperm club. While the experts viewed this as disastrous, the audience ate it up.

• Love 2

Donny v. Heilemann mock debate was pretty funny when Donny subbed for Halperin.  Donny -really- enjoys playing Trump although I think Joe has the more qualifying obnoxious arrogance.  Mika would assume she'd play Hillary, but of course, she's much too dumb and would be too flirty and doesn't even understand why people like her (HRC). I think they'd do a mock debate with Nicole as Hillary v. Joe as Donald which could be kind of funny. Actually, if they read sections of next week's debate, in character, it might be kind of funny, too.

Then again, probably nothing to laugh about, as I agree with stormy above that whatever happens Tubby (nice name) will be the winner to MJ, especially now that they made-up (and were so secretive about it, too).

• Love 5

Mock debates are pointless, imo. No one knows what's going to happen in this one.

But I will say it's worth pointing out that Trump has never had to do a one-on-one AND has never faced a woman (Carly Fiorina was the one woman ever on stage in any of those GOP debates and she actually shamed him). And the audience will be silent, and it's not a Republican primary audience voting this time. So, his behavior in those early debates may not be the same as whatever he does on Monday.

They certainly can't predict it on Morning Joe. I think it's more likely that the cowering, uncomfortable, meek version of Trump is the one that shows up in this debate, to be honest. He always gets like that when faced with a serious, high stakes situation that's completely unfamiliar to him. His tantrum will come afterwards if he thinks he lost.

I'm not surprised they're back to pro-Trump on the show after that meeting. These people really have no soul.

• Love 7

They are simply shameless with their barely concealed pro-Trump nonsense.  Did they mention the remarks he made about African Americans yesterday?  Any commentary about the ongoing investigation into the Trump Foundation, and how Trump used his charity to pay off personal legal claims--something that is illegal?  Or, how about the greasy-haired Donald, Jr.'s Skittles tweet in a pathetic attempt to justify his father's immigration stance?  

Are they at least talking about the alt-right's White Nationalist pro-Trump press conference last week?  Oh, I know!  Maybe they are competing with Lewandowski, who is said to be prepping Trump for the upcoming debates.

I mean, is coverage of these subjects taboo now that Joe and Meek-a have gone crawling on their bellies to beg Trump's forgiveness?  It's times like this that I really miss Jon Stewart.

• Love 6

It's disgusting after being holier-than-thou about Joe's "integrity" in opposing Trump, that he could coopt them back again so easily. That judge thing? The Gold Star family? Birtherism? A billion lies?  Joe was so outraged. Now his ambition is taking over again--now that Trump's possibly going to win--just like the Giulianis, Christies, etc. Trump's not wrong about people. Most DO have their price.

I agree he'll be the polite, nice, quiet Donald in the debate UNLESS baited by a question or something subtle from HRC that won't backfire. It's tricky. He had several gaffes against Fiorina --"Who would want to look at that face?" and then in the debate where he whined about her voice, "Why is she talking again? Why is she talking?" and the media just let it go, as with 99.9% of the things he does and says. I don't think Monday will be any different. And I have no doubt there will be harshness for Hillary on some trivial point (as Joe and Mika routinely do) while letting Donald's incredible ignorance and lies go uncommented on.  The media has done some good individual things, but it has also failed us completely overall.

• Love 2
On 9/19/2016 at 9:54 PM, Nidratime said:

I think this show is becoming a danger to this Republic, by virtue of their kissing Trump's backside.

Mika has been busy kissing Joe after she stopped for ice cream in Washington.!

http://jezebel.com/who-do-joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-think-theyre-1786795726

Would President Trump be authorized to marry Mika & Joe? The honeymoon would be at Mar A Largo!!

I wonder how Mika's kids get along with Joe?

Mika was off today. Did her kids freak out once this article became public knowledge?

Joe's kids must be upset as well. It's not cool to do that.

Edited by oakville
Additional info
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Mumbles said:

That was something else when a discussion of Obama's speech to the UN devolved into a Joe-Cackles-Michael "Professor Honeydew" Hayden circle jerk into how wonderful the Bush presidents were because they were pals with other foreign leaders. ("Yo, Blair.") And do they comprehend that our power at the UN is limited by China (propping up North Korea) and Russia (propping up everything else) being on the Security Council? I love how types like Joe and Hayden yap about how useless the UN is...until they can blame Obama for not working with it.

Man, the Aleppo bit killed a few weeks ago, I guess they're sticking with it.

Professor Honey Dew? How did you come up with that name? I think Joe's point was that Bush SR had years of experience dealing with foreign leaders so it was easy to build a huge coalition against Saddam in 1991.  Obama didn't know as many leaders when he was elected. Joe brought up his old rant that Obama has no friends in Washington. Joe said Obama never shmoozed Democrats or Republicans while he was President.

Thursday recap. MiKa is wearing a tight turquoise turtleneck with a Unitarian scarf. Joe is wearing navy fleece. Joe talked about polls. Hillary is ahead. Joe wants body cams on cops. Joe was upset about the killing of African Americans by the police. Professor Eddie said democrats have to engage with the. Community. Eddie said you can't just blame democrats for ruining the cities. The states are run by the republicans.

halperin&. Chuck talked about polls. Trump leads on honest & trustworthy.

chuck said births risk is bad for Trump.

yesterday, the theme was Hillsry being like Resgan in 1980. She has to be ok in the debates to win the election

• Love 2

This morning the panel discusses newest polls.  They lament that Trump just needs a nation wide surge and to really nail it in the the debates to wrap this whole thing up.

Interesting.  These are the same polls that Chuck Todd unveiled on MPT Daily yesterday and said the polls show that Hillary has a durable lead.

Halperin says that Trump has some explaining to do about his none apology for birther issue.

Interesting.  Maybe Halperin should go back and read what he wrote in February 2008 when he actually started the whole birther idea.  You can find in it at The Daily Banter: Mark Halperin and the birther movement.  Google it.

Halperin is dick in chief.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 12

It's a shame that this show doesn't have Joy Reid on its regular panel to put Drumpf surrogates like Halperin in check when they spout their lies, particularly with Drumpf's non-apology on the "birther" issue.  Of course, that "apology" was some bullshit and was designed to appeal to certain voters who are nervous about voting for a racist.  Too bad for Halperin that not everyone was fooled.

Dare I suggest that Joe use his outsize influence with the suits at MSNBC to get Joy on his show on a regular basis?

Snark-free zone:

Joe is off this morning because he is at Bellevue Hospital. His son Andrew fell down a flight of stairs and fractured his skull. Mika is exhausted because she was at the hospital all night and reports that Andrew's condition is stabilized yet she also said it is "still touch and go."

• Love 3

I'm with Donnie this morning when he says, I'm scared.

Howard Dean is very don't panic, Hillary's where she should be in the polls.  I don't know.  The campaign stopped airing ads in Colorado and Virginia a month ago they were so confident and now have seen their lead (especially in CO) narrow.

Team Hillary, WTF are you doing?

Edited by stormy
  • Love 5

Wow, and Andrew just got married. I know he was always the son he worried the most about because of asbergers and diabetes.  

By the looks of Mika this morning - no more hiding the couple status. She was shaken, disheveled, and obviously up with him all night. Not a co-anchory job. 

Rick Tyler freaks me out. He sorta grins like the Grinch or something. 

• Love 3

First off, healing vibes to Andrew.  His new bride must be a wreck, poor dear - positive thoughts to her as well.

Yeah, all the news about Andrew has Me-eka quotes, that horse has left the barn for certain now.  As much as I dislike this pair, I'm sure they had an awful night and are worried sick.

I'm sitting with Howard Dean and Donnie, I think that with these new polls TeamHillary will reserve ad time in a couple states that they pulled out of again, but not commit to it until after the debate.  It's just too close time wise to make a full commitment because as Toad said, it's not clear which polls are the leading indicators and the debate impressions could change the landscape radically.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:56 AM, NextIteration said:

And once again, a full segment later they talk shit.  Hmmm, this is a theme they have with pro-Clinton folk.  Surprise, surprise.

Robby Mook should not be allowed on TV ever. He is a terrible liar and smug as hell. Every time he appears on TV, he loses votes for Hillary IMO. 

From Friday's Show:

1. Harold Ford was useful for the first time in Morning Joe history both on the Charlotte shooting and telling Hillary to not spend the debate attacking Trump. 

2. Howard Dean was a doofus. He should have been prepared to counter the Q polls in CO and VA with the other polls released yesterday showing Hillary with large leads in both states. Q has a history of undercounting Hispanic votes.

3. They need to bar that creepy fuck from Cruz' team from ever appearing on MSNBC again. He adds nothing of value and scares me.

4. Would it kill them to add some diversity to the panel? It's the whitest damn news show I've ever seen day after day after day. Immigration is the biggest dividing line between Trump and Hillary and there is never a Latino panelist.

5. Didn't it sound like Mika was talking about Joe's family emergency like she was part of the family? She was at the hospital all night long with Joe's wife? That had to be awkward. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, pivot said:

1. Harold Ford was useful for the first time in Morning Joe history both on the Charlotte shooting and telling Hillary to not spend the debate attacking Trump. 

I agree.  I couldn't believe that was the same doofus Harold Ford I'd been used to seeing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, pivot said:

5. Didn't it sound like Mika was talking about Joe's family emergency like she was part of the family? She was at the hospital all night long with Joe's wife? That had to be awkward. 

Joe's divorced (twice) so he doesn't have a wife. Andrew's mother is Joe's first wife, and they have been divorced for a long time, so I don't imagine that would have been too awkward. If the second ex-wife was there, then yes, that could have been awkward, especially since it is likely that Mika played a role in the breakup of that marriage.

• Love 5