Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Every news organization should have a policy of on-air disclosure of personal contact with candidates, imo. 

I would love this to happen but given that a lot of the DC media send their kids to the same schools as the people whom they cover, these disclosures would take most of the airtime! But it is gross. FEC donation data is public but takes a while to load - hence Barnicle's wife's attendance at a Clinton fundraiser this summer would have taken months to track down, had it not been mentioned by the local newspapers.

To the extent that Joe and Mika have copped now to "informally" advising Trump months ago, it (a) shouldn't have happened in the first place and (b) even if they thought it was okay, they should have disclosed it.

• Love 1

Wednesday Recap. The biggest issue discussed was the wight of Alicia Mercado, the former Miss Universe. Mika stated that her weight was close to 149lbs. Mika asked everyone on the set about their weight. Mika said she wrote a book about being obsessed about her weight. Mika said Trump shouldn't have called her Miss Piggy & Miss Housekeeping. Joe said everyone in NYC is talking about the Miss Universe's weight. Joe said Trump should not have brought up this topic. Trump made a big deal about her weight gain during her reign .

Trump's comments were rude, but don't pagent winners have morals clauses & appearance clauses if they win? I recall Vanessa Williams who won the Miss USA in the 1980's had to resign after she posed for Playboy.

The second topic was Dr Howard Dean speculating that Trump was a cocaine user because he sniffled during the debate & interrupted Hillary. He also is delusional. The panel was upset & asked him to apologize. Joe said the Clinton campaign was upset about people diagnosing Hillary after she collapsed at 9/11. The Clinton campaign should reprimand him.

Halperin said it would be a top story if a Trump surrogate said Hillary had a cocaine problem.

The third topic was Mika mispronouncing Shimon Peres 's name. They didn't say much about him other than he was President of Israel. That was very rude.

• Love 2

It's Alicia Machado.

You'd think that Me-eka could have made sure that a man like Shimon Peres would get his name pronounced correctly in his honor.  I'm really sad about it, I worry for Middle East peace.

Meh, I think that Howard Dean was being the ultimate troll after all the horseshit that has been tossed Hillary's way - so their fake outrage is ridiculous.

Me-eka rolls with public opinion and is suddenly pleased as punch and says that Hillary wiped the floor with tRump, which most of us knew Monday night.

.....and STFU about Keith Scott.  Not only is it irrelevant, the cops were there to arrest another man when they rolled up on Scott, and we know that he had a TBI, which sometimes causes aggression, we also know that after Mrs Scott filed the complaint, she retracted it.  We do not, know why.

• Love 5

"Look at what we heard last night at parents' night."  Says Mika to Joe about what parents were saying at Joe's kid's after school something or other.  Ugh.  Staaaap, you two.  Gross.
The MTV politics director (what?) was on set this morning.  She's... unusual somehow.  She's fidgety and a little unkempt.   She would be fun to have drinks with.  Anyhow, she thinks 18 to 34 yr olds are beginning to be negatively motivated against Trump, driving them to potentially vote as a group against him, rather than for Hillary.

• Love 4

And Dean should respond by saying I'll call into this shit show and apologize when your buddy Trump apologizes to Ms. Machado, Obama for birtherism, Mexican Americans, the judge....Joe must be on the pipe too with his bullshit outrage. 

Mr. Scott, I'm still not getting an explanation as to why a man sitting in his car, in the parking lot of his apt complex, where he lives would give the police the justification to roll up on him? So until I get that cleared up I don't give a shit how many reports his wife filed with the police in the past. And yes Joe implicit bias is still in  play when the cop is black. 

Harold Ford, what a pussy. Stuttering all over the place trying to handle Joe with kid gloves on the topic of race and policing. What a waste, why is he there? To fill a quota obviously.

• Love 10

Mr. Scott, I'm still not getting an explanation as to why a man sitting in his car, in the parking lot of his apt complex, where he lives would give the police the justification to roll up on him? So until I get that cleared up I don't give a shit how many reports his wife filed with the police in the past. And yes Joe implicit bias is still in  play when the cop is black. 

Thank you!  Also since now we know the body cam wasn't turned on until after the shooting, and CPD is still not releasing all the footage. 

The second topic was Dr Howard Dean speculating that Trump was a cocaine user because he sniffled during the debate & interrupted Hillary

Are they asking for Colbert to apologize about the cocaine theory? Because he said the same thing about Trump. So did Trevor Noah, and so did I, albeit jokingly, to a friend.   

• Love 5

Trump doesn't drink coffee and has apparently never tasted alcohol.  He's also 70.  No way in the world he's abusing coke, for crying out loud.  There are a universe of prescriptions he may be on for any number of reasons, but street drugs?  C'mon.

Here's a freebie for Dean:
"Yeah, I was being immature.  I made unapologetic, baseless claims from afar without a single shred of evidence.  See how that works?  See how mad Trumpeters are?  Yeah.  It's called irony.  Look up "hypocrisy," Trump surrogates.  Bathe in this, deplorables.  In fact, let's investigate this.  Where is the FBI to look into this?  People who know tell me there is something here.  It will blow your mind what they know.  When will he be tested?  When do we see the records?"  Invent something.  Turn it into something.  Push it until it doesn't move.  Repeat.  Joe ate this shit with a spoon when it was directed towards Clinton.  Now, he's appalled.  Cute.

• Love 11

Why was Trump sniffling during the debates? What was he hiding? Doesn't this raise questions about his transparency? He should just come out and tell us? Is it Zika !?!?!?! He has property in Florida! Why won't he tell us? What health news is he hiding from us? - Questions the panel could be asking just like when they went nuts about Clinton and her flu.

When did Joe and the panel believe in Climate Change? Past couple of years he's been boo-hoo'ing it.  They talked as if they were long time believers and just had the people do their little chat about what they saw in the Arctic. No challenging or raising denier language.

I just came from an Arctic trip. My friends who don't believe it won't discuss it with me. Told them that we sailed up the fjords that should have been iced over. They change the subject. It's hard when the person confronting you saw the visual evidence. 

• Love 10

Whoa now.  There is real evidence and eyewitnesses that Gov Christie was entirely involved in the closure of the bridge, and it was absolutely an old timey political maneuver designed to punish and intimidate his rivals.  I hope the public and the media has the stamina and interest to push this vigorously.
Joe and Mika really now how to pick their friends.

• Love 10

The MTV politics director (what?) was on set this morning.  She's... unusual somehow.

Ana Marie Cox. She was on the 9am show too. I winced at the bomber jacket and ripped jeans. Come on, you're in your mid-40s lady, act your age. A little sad. Reminded me of "Poochie the dog with attitude" from the Simpsons, i.e. what an older person thinks is cool. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Anderson Cooper's interview with Alicia Machado was well done. Natalie Morales, on the other hand, is a nitwit.

Is that who that was? Natalie seemed dim in that interview.

I wish Mika would have talked about how Trump didn't pay Alicia for her commercials, appearances, etc. as required by contract. He also had video cameras follow her around to go to workouts, etc. to humiliate Alicia. It was straight up bullying.

Ana Marie Cox needs to go away. I swear with the resurgence of the Clintons every loser pundit is crawling out of the woodwork. We are having to deal with Cox, James Carville, etc. who thankfully disappeared during most of Obama's two terms. 

Joe needs to shut the hell up on Charlotte. He seems to think he can decide whether or not it is a race-based shooting all on his own. He's white and has no idea what he is talking about.

Joe also needed to stop shushing Mika on the Alicia story. She is the woman and actually understood the subject matter. We didn't need Joe to mansplain the situation to us.

• Love 7

This morning's show showed all the things wrong with this show: 

Joe talks over people way to much - most of which is silly stuff. 

Joe doesn't let people answer/talk - different from above where he's just talking about something while someone else is talking - in this one he interrupts someone to spout his viewpoint.

People say something good/thought provoking and Joe/Mika move on as if nothing was said.  Surprisingly this morning Barnicle had a good point re Trump and shaming of women and it was like it never said it.

Too many guests/subjects.  Too often they bring people on for 5 minutes or less.  The White Helmets re Syria could have been a whole half hour not just talking about their work but if they want to put in election politics - this (Putin) is the type of man Trump admires.   Also the climate change - interesting video - and  again bring it around to Hillary and Donald's differing views.

Beating a subject to death.  How many times did they discuss the Miss Universe weight thing with different guests.  Cover it once and then move on.

Joe/Mika forgetting what they've just said.  Joe especially seems to cover every viewpoint on any given subject.  I'm against it, I'm for it, I told you so, I knew this years ago

• Love 7
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Wednesday Recap. The biggest issue discussed was the wight of Alicia Mercado, the former Miss Universe. Mika stated that her weight was close to 149lbs. Mika asked everyone on the set about their weight. Mika said she wrote a book about being obsessed about her weight. Mika said Trump shouldn't have called her Miss Piggy & Miss Housekeeping. Joe said everyone in NYC is talking about the Miss Universe's weight.

Joe and his fawning sycophants need to migrate outside their bubble a little bit more.  With everything that is going on, I'm quite certain that not everyone in NYC is talking about this young lady's weight.  Among the things they are talking about are Wells Fargo's CEO foregoing $41 million of his compensation after being read for filth by Senator Warren; Russia's implication in the shooting down of that jet over Ukraine; the opioid epidemic in New England; an impending government shutdown and how it's tied up with a deal for Flint, Michigan; what Drumpf got wrong on "stop and frisk," etc.  Heck, they're even talking about Gary Johnson's op-ed piece in today's New York Times.  I would challenge Joe to actually talk to real New Yorkers--not his fawning guests or those shadowy government figures who whisper pearls of wisdom in his ear from time to time.  Maybe then Joe will get a sense of what really matters to real people outside of his charmed circle.

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

So Trump basically admits he doesn't pay federal tax because he's smart, and our esteemed panel of buffoons are talking about Miss Universe.  Joe, Mika and Willie are the worst!

Wait...is this considered tax evasion?  Or, is it called something else because it's Joe and Meek-a's good friend, Drumpf, who is doing the evading?  It's like Leona Helmsley speaking from the great beyond ("Only the little people pay taxes!").  I suspect that they would rather talk about Miss Universe because it would be too difficult to delve into Drumpf's foolery without it coming back on them.  Drumpf also admitted he stiffs contractors and leaves others holding the bag--just like the late Mrs. Helmsley--and neither Joe nor Meek-a have anything to say about that?

2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Whoa now.  There is real evidence and eyewitnesses that Gov Christie was entirely involved in the closure of the bridge, and it was absolutely an old timey political maneuver designed to punish and intimidate his rivals.  I hope the public and the media has the stamina and interest to push this vigorously.
Joe and Mika really now how to pick their friends.

Funny!  Are they at least talking about this?  There was a time when they vociferously defended Governor Christie.  He could have done a headstand in the nude on their desk, and they still would have defended him.  Joe and Meek-a made total fools of themselves over this man.  Now, it's as if the man has cooties or something.  I guess I will have to wait until this evening to watch Rachel to get any real analysis on these developments.  One would think that Christie's mercurial rise and fall--including the possibility of impeachment--would be the first thing on this morning's agenda.

Silly me!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I like Ana Marie Cox.   I don't understand why a woman in her 40s  is  too old for jeans and bomber jacket, I have the same items in my closet and no one ever age shamed me about that. 

I like AMC, she used to be on Chris Hayes's weekend show all the time.

• Love 2

I have a different impression of the "everybody I ran into was talking about Miss Universe's weight" thing.  I think what they meant, and could have said better, was that everyone was talking about the incredibly sexist and insensitive way Trump keeps going on about her weight.  I think they all seemed appropriately offended by it, and indicated that, at long last, this may be an issue that sticks and damages him, especially with millennials.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, abbyzenn said:

Joe talks over people way to much - most of which is silly stuff.
People say something good/thought provoking and Joe/Mika move on as if nothing was said.

EXACTLY.  These are the top two pet peeves of mine.  More even than him ranting and being overbearing.

I saw Anna Marie on the 9am show too.  Her ripped jeans are in-style and cool.  Her satin varsity jacket?  That one's a real head scratcher.  She appeared at length on two moderately serious political discussion shows, and unless the jacket was promoting something.. i just didn't get it.

• Love 1

I was going to say, the way I see people dress for MJ, it's not exactly Meet the Press.  

I mean, the hosts would set the tone and the way Joe & Mika dress is not exactly professional. Mika usually looks a little more the part, esp. when she wears her Unitarian Minister scarf, but Joe looks more like he's going to a kids' soccer game on Saturday morning. 

Here's the jacket in question. I'd say $149 for a silk jacket isn't exactly chump change. 

http://www.esquire.com/style/news/a48923/zara-bomber-jacket/

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

What the heck are the duties of MTV Director of Politics ? I had no idea MTV had political programming. I'm old. (and amazed Real World still lives.) lol

MJ was background for me but I at first thought the studio was cold and she had to borrow a jacket. Something looked off, to me. Like a wrong size or adjustment or something. I missed the ripped jeans. Seems a bit underdressed, imho, but considering how Joe and Mika are sometime attired...

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, suomi said:

FFS, the man's name is Shee moan' Pair' ez, - not Shee moan' Pair Ez'. I have no patience with these fluffs this morning.

I would have rather seen a 5 minute segment on Peres than Mika's issues with weight.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I would normally agree, but I have a hard time classifying Morning Joe as a national news shoe.  National shit show, no problem.

Mika used to squeal when Donnie Deutshe would bring her shoes on the show. He would usually buy her Manolos.

Mika has been dressing down since it was announced that her marriage ended.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, captain1 said:

I have a different impression of the "everybody I ran into was talking about Miss Universe's weight" thing.  I think what they meant, and could have said better, was that everyone was talking about the incredibly sexist and insensitive way Trump keeps going on about her weight.  I think they all seemed appropriately offended by it, and indicated that, at long last, this may be an issue that sticks and damages him, especially with millennials.

I agree that Trump was crass in 1996, when he made her work out in front of the cameras. He just bought the pageant & was probably trying to get extra publicity with this stunt. However, I find it odd that Hillary brought her name up during the debate. Did anyone do a background check on her? It seems that she has had a colorful past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3812212/I-m-not-saint-girl-Sex-reality-TV-Playboy-photo-shoot-threat-kill-judge-claims-drug-lord-fathered-baby-haunt-Alicia-Machado-Clinton-campaigner-fat-shamed-Trump.html

I also think the show should have brought the different standards for women & men on News TV. Mika, prior to her divorce  & Cackles usually dress very well for the show. Cackles & Katty Kay have their hair & makeup nicely done. Joe looks like a slob who just got up 5 minutes before the show. Joe also sometimes has food on his sweater.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Joe and his fawning sycophants need to migrate outside their bubble a little bit more.  With everything that is going on, I'm quite certain that not everyone in NYC is talking about this young lady's weight.  Among the things they are talking about are Wells Fargo's CEO foregoing $41 million of his compensation after being read for filth by Senator Warren; Russia's implication in the shooting down of that jet over Ukraine; the opioid epidemic in New England; an impending government shutdown and how it's tied up with a deal for Flint, Michigan; what Drumpf got wrong on "stop and frisk," etc.  Heck, they're even talking about Gary Johnson's op-ed piece in today's New York Times.  I would challenge Joe to actually talk to real New Yorkers--not his fawning guests or those shadowy government figures who whisper pearls of wisdom in his ear from time to time.  Maybe then Joe will get a sense of what really matters to real people outside of his charmed circle.

Wait...is this considered tax evasion?  Or, is it called something else because it's Joe and Meek-a's good friend, Drumpf, who is doing the evading?  It's like Leona Helmsley speaking from the great beyond ("Only the little people pay taxes!").  I suspect that they would rather talk about Miss Universe because it would be too difficult to delve into Drumpf's foolery without it coming back on them.  Drumpf also admitted he stiffs contractors and leaves others holding the bag--just like the late Mrs. Helmsley--and neither Joe nor Meek-a have anything to say about that?

Funny!  Are they at least talking about this?  There was a time when they vociferously defended Governor Christie.  He could have done a headstand in the nude on their desk, and they still would have defended him.  Joe and Meek-a made total fools of themselves over this man.  Now, it's as if the man has cooties or something.  I guess I will have to wait until this evening to watch Rachel to get any real analysis on these developments.  One would think that Christie's mercurial rise and fall--including the possibility of impeachment--would be the first thing on this morning's agenda.

Silly me!

MulletorHater,  I couldn't agree more with your post. The show seems to be forgetting what made it great in the first place. they used to discuss interesting topics for extended segments.

Samantha Bee called Mika & Joe "Star-F*ckers" in 2014 on the Daily Show. They get too closely attached to the people they interview. Christie,Sanford,McDonnell, were all BFF's of them & they have all been involved in serious scandals.

They were much more closely linked to Trump & it has backfired.

I would love to know who Joe's secret contacts are in Washington. It seems to be made up.

• Love 3

They get too closely attached to the people they interview.

Agreed. On a few occasions, Mika has previewed an upcoming segment with Claire McCaskill with the comment, "We love her."  I remember these distinctly because I think McCaskill is a fameball idiot (YMMV) so I always roll my eyes. And even if you like McCaskill - come on, she's an elected official, we're supposed to view power skeptically and critically. ESPECIALLY journalists and news people! Imagine if another news show introduced an elected official with "we love him/her." And yeah, a lot of these folks are pals and socialize off-camera, but the fact that these people are so blatant about it indicate that they just don't care.

• Love 3

When they made fun of the bumbling moron Gary Johnson, it was actually laugh out loud funny.  A bit gratuitous.  But funny.  I'm not sure if Johnson should be  mocked or pitied.  But when he couldn't name ONE foreign leader, and Joe likened it to asking a doctor what his/her favorite bone is and he/she says, "Hair.  Is hair a bone?"  I admit, I laughed.  When Joe said, "He should've just said Peter Frampton.  Peter Frampton is my favorite foreign leader," I laaaaughed.
Johnson is feckless and lost.  And any person who thinks he's a plausible option to be PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES is a [insert series of vulgar, insulting pejoratives here.] 

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 6

Joe is wearing a navy blue sweater& Mika has made a new addition to her Uniterian scarf collection. I wonder if she buys those scarves online or does she have to attend the service to get them?

Mika was excstatic that the Monkey poll showed Hillary won the debate. Does it really matter? 

Gary Jobnson is hilarious. I think that Weld should have been the Presidential nominee. He could name the leader of Germany. 

I am surprised that they didn't discuss the Machafo situation. She was working for the Clinton campaign since June

I caught up with yesterday's show. Ana Marie Cox is trying to hard to be a millennial hipster. She comes across as spaced out. It was strange for her poll to assume that no millenials would vote. 

• Love 4

The problem is that Gary Johnson shouldn't really be mocked anymore than trump.  That tub o'lard didn't know what the nuclear triad is, said he wouldn't rule out dropping a nuclear bomb on western Europe and basically wants to dismantle NATO. (although major Mr flip flop was backpedaling that yesterday to a Polish group in Chicago).  And still he could be the next POTUS.

I'm beginning to loose respect for anyone of consequence that agrees to appear on this show.  Today it's Nick Confessore.  This show is nothing more than a 3 ring circus and should be aired at 10 am along with other morning entertainment talk shows.  Joe is a ridiculous blowheart that thinks the way to start the show is to talk about his fake favorite teams. Then proceed to talk, shout and laugh over anyone trying to sound reasonable.

• Love 9

Today Mika went on a rant about beauty pageants in general. I happen to agree with her - it's messed up that we condone a ritual whereby women walk around in bathing suits and evening gowns and scored on their looks - but even if one doesn't agree, she was sincerely worked up about it.  The response by the 'bros was silent bemusement followed by a snicker, either by Barnicle or Willie (my suspicion is it was Barnicle. Willie is generally more respectful to Mika than Barnicle is.) Seems to me that as neanderthal as Trump is, the bro attitude on this show is barely better. (I have heard Barnicle make snarky jokes aboht people's weight before. He once commented on a focus group, have any of these people ever considered just getting a salad? Lovely.)

• Love 7

I don't like beauty pageants either, but as usual with Mika's rant on women's issues, I wasn't impressed. For a lot of women, that may be their big opportunity to get money, travel, education, etc. depending on the pageant. Not everyone is born the daughter of Zbig and Mika's well-heeled mother.

Other than that, I was glad to see the MJ group not quite falling for Trump's usual defense tactics--maligning his accuser, complimenting himself (by lying) etc.  Nothing was about Alicia Machado. It was about him.

She could be the most awful (i.e. fattest!!) 18 year old in the world and it still doesn't give him the right (and as her boss!) to call her "Miss Housekeeping" and "Miss Piggy"--which I notice he didn't deny, meaning plenty of others must have heard it, too.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Padma said:

I don't like beauty pageants either, but as usual with Mika's rant on women's issues, I wasn't impressed. For a lot of women, that may be their big opportunity to get money, travel, education, etc. depending on the pageant. Not everyone is born the daughter of Zbig and Mika's well-heeled mother.

Other than that, I was glad to see the MJ group not quite falling for Trump's usual defense tactics--maligning his accuser, complimenting himself (by lying) etc.  Nothing was about Alicia Machado. It was about him.

She could be the most awful (i.e. fattest!!) 18 year old in the world and it still doesn't give him the right (and as her boss!) to call her "Miss Housekeeping" and "Miss Piggy"--which I notice he didn't deny, meaning plenty of others must have heard it, too.

Mika used to get riled up when Dreamy McRoberts hosted Trump's Miss Universe pageants a few years ago. Mika's hatred of pageants is well known. I will never forget the story she told about her dad setting her up on a date with the son of the former President of Lebanon. He spent the summer with Mika in the South of France & kept telling her to wear bikinis. It was so strange. Mika was also the victim of an attempted sexual assault when she was a young teenager in Virginia.

Here's the transcript from that Town Hall. I don't have it in me to thoroughly read it  but just skimming through fairly quickly I see Joe and Mika both had lots of "Right" and "Yes" and "OK" responses. 

Yeah, Mika. That's really hittin' him hard.

I about choked on my coffee when she inserted that, "We asked the hard questions" into the conversation.

I had forgotten that was the one with the hot mic! Good catch, @NextIteration!

'Throughout the tape, Trump asks Scarborough and Brzezinski to weigh in on his campaign tactics, his poll numbers and the effectiveness of his opponents. 

"They're spending $75 million on negative ads against me over the last two weeks. Are they catching on at all?" Trump asks at one point. 

"No, doesn't look that way," Scarborough says.

"What do you think?" Trump asks Brzezinski.

"No," Brzezinski says.

Scarborough and Brzezinski immediately drew criticism from other journalists and media figures on Twitter after the tape was published online. Steve Deace, the conservative radio host, called it "clear coordination/coaching between a national show and a campaign."

One portion of the tape that received criticism on Twitter was misleading. It features Brzezinski saying, "You don't want me to do the [questions] on deportation?" to which Trump replies: "That's right. Nothing too hard, Mika." '

^^^ From CNN.

I'm glad they've pretty much settled on calling RC by his full first name. Hearing "Bob Costa" always gave me a little tic. Huh who?

I'm tempted to sign up for Twitter. I think MJ was reading the 5:00-5:30AM tweets at about 8:30. Good times!

That segment when they went around the table and read the tweets was good, but, they wasted like 2 minutes with stupid Joe yammering over Mika, yammering over guests, and taking forever to get going.  I hate that so much.
Also, Eugene Robinson is a dud.  Sorry, but he's an awful extemporaneous speaker, and has a kind of reverse energy.  It's not that he's not smart, but he's not bright.

• Love 2

I'm tempted to sign up for Twitter. I think MJ was reading the 5:00-5:30AM tweets at about 8:30. Good times!

I'm on Twitter I don't follow a lot of people but it's fun.  Rage Tweeting at Joe is very cathartic.  And  being on Twitter  while watching NBC's Live Version of Peter Pan last winter was amazing.  I was dying. Who knew Jill Biden was so funny? 

• Love 3

Katty Kay -- "I Got Really Angry About This": Donald Trump's Comments On Women 

Me -- Good!!  It's about freaking time!!!

Mika got in on the act, her voice just dripping with contempt at Drumpf's disgusting treatment of Miss Universe and his objectification of women.  she suggested a great story idea, that they would be watching his pageants to see how he has talked about women all his life.  Great idea.  

Frank Bruni went ooh-gaa over the poor girl's humiliating on-camera workout, not in a sleazy way, though.  He was genuinely in awe.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 4

I've had three twitter IDs over the years - and he's blocked all three of them, it's a badge of honor to have gotten that far under his skin.  Heh.

I'm so jealous!! 

I got blocked last week by a woman who thought Elizabeth Warren was being ridiculous the way she spoke to the CEO of Wells Fargo.  I asked her if she'd rather they keep f ing over everyone.  She responded "you're an idiot" or something, and I responded, "Name calling, the last resort of the uneducated". 

BLOCKED!

• Love 6

I have a love/hate relationship with Joe. I confess, I do laugh a lot at his crazy shit. But then when he goes all right wing I want to punch the tv. Mika is usually just one of those people you mostly tolerate. 

I cannot say that they ruined all of these lives with their affair. Joe must be a bitch to live with, so who knows how his divorce went down. As for Mika - sometimes kids grow up and you're done. You can't lure someone out of a happy relationship with an affair. Both parties had to be ready to go for other reasons. I will say this - they both got physically healthier in the last couple of years. Joe was chunky and red, while Mika was super thin and trying too hard with the tight sleeveless dresses all the other gals wear. I like her look now. The casual sweaters and pants aren't dumpy (like Joe's clothes), and they are studio temp appropriate. Joe has been subdued since Andrew's accident, but I doubt that will last. 

Mostly I don't get SO many absences from Willie, and the never ending quest to make Halperin happen. If that guy could ever have a personality - maybe. He just tries too hard to keep every race close so that he has more to put in the next book. I actually don't dislike Barnicle. Despite some ugliness in his past, I find him likable. And I like that he and Willie seem to have a fun bantering going on. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Joe. I confess, I do laugh a lot at his crazy shit. But then when he goes all right wing I want to punch the tv. Mika is usually just one of those people you mostly tolerate. 

I cannot say that they ruined all of these lives with their affair. Joe must be a bitch to live with, so who knows how his divorce went down. As for Mika - sometimes kids grow up and you're done. You can't lure someone out of a happy relationship with an affair. Both parties had to be ready to go for other reasons. I will say this - they both got physically healthier in the last couple of years. Joe was chunky and red, while Mika was super thin and trying too hard with the tight sleeveless dresses all the other gals wear. I like her look now. The casual sweaters and pants aren't dumpy (like Joe's clothes), and they are studio temp appropriate. Joe has been subdued since Andrew's accident, but I doubt that will last. 

Mostly I don't get SO many absences from Willie, and the never ending quest to make Halperin happen. If that guy could ever have a personality - maybe. He just tries too hard to keep every race close so that he has more to put in the next book. I actually don't dislike Barnicle. Despite some ugliness in his past, I find him likable. And I like that he and Willie seem to have a fun bantering going on. 

These are very interesting comments. I have to reread Mika's first book. She has had issues with her weight during her career.

Halperin was rated as one the top 3 political hacks in Washington. He was saying this summer that Trump could put California & NY in play. He is usually wrong about his forecasts so I don't take him too seriously.

The panel on Morning Joe needs some new members. I find the Barnicle shtick to be boring. His "people at the kitchen table are worried about XYZ" is ridiculous considering his personal situation.

• Love 6

At this point Barnicle is like a permanent member. He's on far more than he's off. His Jimmy "Man of the people" Breslin act is laughable given his personal life. Then there's the twenty-odd year record of plagiarism or fabulism. Either issue should disqualify him from anything remotely resembling journalism. That he has both and still works - and on MSNBC, not on some hard-to-find outlets like Dan Rather, whose career was ruined for far less - is abominable.

As for Halperin - he and Heilman wrote a smug book called "How to Win" in 2007 by which they came up with some "rules" by which a candidate could win. The next year Obama ran a campaign that was the complete opposite of their insider-y proclamations and the rest is history. Never been able to take him seriously after that. Hes best left to play smirky gossip and write his little slam books every four years.

• Love 6