Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Quick question for the USA posters. What percentage of Americans are affected by the Obamacare premiums? If you were covered by your employer, would your premium or co pays rise as well? Morning Joe did not explain how many voters would be affected by the rising premiums.

1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

About 6% will be affected.

Most people either have insurance from their employer, are on Medicare/Medicaid, or receive subsidies from the government to cover the rising premiums.

Then there are others in states that refuse to expand Medicaid and don't make enough money to get subsidies that can't get any coverage still at all. People can fill out some forms to be exempt from the fee for not having insurance since they don't have enough money to pay it.

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/hardship-exemptions/

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Then there are others in states that refuse to expand Medicaid and don't make enough money to get subsidies that can't get any coverage still at all. People can fill out some forms to be exempt from the fee for not having insurance since they don't have enough money to pay it.

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/hardship-exemptions/

This is totally the fault of Republican governors. Or actually, the Supreme Court, which allowed states to refuse the Medicaid expansion if they wanted to. Imagine how many more people could have insurance right now.

• Love 8

Kasich caught hell in the debates about expanding Medicare, no matter how much hr explained that he wanted what was best for his state's citizens. Just shows the state of that party. The center cannot hold, indeed.

• Love 9

Kasich caught hell in the debates about expanding Medicare

Slight correction: He caught hell about about expanding MEDICAID (thus proving he valued increasing Ohio's percentage with health insurance over remaining "pure" as an anti-ACA Republican).

• Love 9
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Quick question for the USA posters. What percentage of Americans are affected by the Obamacare premiums? If you were covered by your employer, would your premium or co pays rise as well? Morning Joe did not explain how many voters would be affected by the rising premiums.

Obamacare increases only affect a small portion of the public who buy their insurance on the exchange and not through their employers. They also don't include the millions of people who qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. And it turns out those reports are overblown as Katie Tur was explaining this afternoon on MSNBC. But, that didn't stop the asshole Bill Clinton from continuing to rip on Obamacare and insist that Hillary is going to the be only one to fix it. Morning Joe showed that bit again today. Bill's happily tearing down Obama because of his jealously and it makes Joe giddy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've been to Montreal twice.  I am not happy with either candidate, so would you guys let me back in?  I promise I won't be a drain on the system. : )

I am shocked that the two main candidates are so unlikeable. I was born in Montreal!.  Canada is planning to increase immigration this year. It's a points based system. The drinking age is 18 in Quebec . You can't drink alcohol during government or private funded dental or medical exams though. It's considered rude.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, pivot said:

Obamacare increases only affect a small portion of the public who buy their insurance on the exchange and not through their employers. They also don't include the millions of people who qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. And it turns out those reports are overblown as Katie Tur was explaining this afternoon on MSNBC. But, that didn't stop the asshole Bill Clinton from continuing to rip on Obamacare and insist that Hillary is going to the be only one to fix it. Morning Joe showed that bit again today. Bill's happily tearing down Obama because of his jealously and it makes Joe giddy.

I saw that clip .Joe loves making fun of Bill Clinton for telling people how crazy the Obamacare plan is. I saw a clip on MSNBC of Obama complaining that not enough young people had enrolled in the plan, so the rates are higher than expected. Apparently, the penalties for not enrolling have not been enforced as much as expected.

• Love 5

Joe and Mika's comments about the candidates' unlikeability are based on public opinion polls. True, not everyone dislikes the candidates, and some people even like one of them,  but I don't think they're out of line saying this as a generality given the polling data. John Oliver said the same thing about both of them last week in his show about third parties. 

• Love 4

Well, to be fair, their comments are only a reflection of what the polls have been saying about the unfavorability ratings of both the candidates.  Plus, I don't think Joe, Mika, Halperin, Geist, et al,  have said any more negative things about her than they've said about him. 

Edited by Ohwell
Grammar
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

I am tired of Joe and Mika and Halperin and Geist telling me how unlikable Hillary is. I like her just fine. In fact, the more they tell me how unlikable she is, the more I like her, just to spite them all.

Exactly--I'm tired of these four saying it (Halperin works it in in the afternoon often, too), as well as the group on CNN and Chris Matthews.  She's been attacked for 20+ years so its no surprise that Republicans have boosted her negatives. And then there's sexism, that they don't like to mention. Plus, of course, some people just don't like you, whoever you are.

If they keep saying she's unlikeable--whether supposedly quoting polls or not--imo it's just a way of reinforcing an image.  I think she's really improved as a campaigner, expresses herself a lot better now than in 2008, and personally I think she seems very likeable.  Actually, she seems like she'd be interesting and fun if you were at a dinner or party with her. (Trump on the other hand, if he isn't groping you--and you can't advance him politically or help with his business--probably couldn't care less about being pleasant).

I still wish someone would ask Mika and Joe what Donald said to them that turned them so around. ("Said to" rather than "offered", to see if they would actually give an answer.)

• Love 15

Wednesday mini recap. Mika is wearing a light blue shirt with polka dot Unitarian scarf. Joe is wearing a royal blue sweater.

Top issue. No wifi on the set. Joe & Cackles were upset that there was no wifi on the set. Cackles said it took 5 minutes to download 1 email. Joe didn't like the red screen in back of him.

Mika was not happy & tried to calm them both down. Mika made a face at Cackles. Mika had important words to stumble over on the teleprompter

New polls show Trump ahead in Florida. joe said the race is tightening despite the media barrage against Trump.

Joe said Trump deserves the biased coverage because of all the bad things he said.

Cackles said Trump may not lose in  a landslide.

Halperin said that Trump is doing better with Independents.

Eugene Robinson said more polls show Hillary winning.

Willie is shocked that the race is still close in battleground states.

Joe mocked the chaos over the emails. Obama apparently received emails from Hillary's private server.

Joe said Bill hates Obama & mocked Obamacare Premium rises.

Cackles wanted to discuss Newt blowing up at Megyn Kelly. Joe brushed her off.

Joe made fun of everyone who doubted Trump would win the nomination.

• Love 4

Joe said Cheryl Mills should not have a security clearance.

Halperin said Cheryl may be a close advisor to Hillary.

Joe ranted against anyone in National Security who would give her a security clearance.

Halperin said she will get it. Joe was very upset. LOL Joe. The Clintons could care less about your feelings.

They are now showing the Newt Sex talk. Kelly loved calling Trump a sexual predator. Kelly did not want to discuss Clinton being a sexual predator.

• Love 5

After showing clips of Elizabeth Warren angrily denouncing Trump, Kelly Ayotte & other GOP Senate candidates, she proudly stated that Warren was on the Warpath!.

Willie& Mark groaned at her. She didn't realize that Elizabeth Warren is very proud of her Native American heritage & stating that she is on the warpath is derogatory to Native Americans.

Joe bragged about going to College students & refusing to put ads on their shows because they don't vote.

Cackles doesn't like Warren campaigning with millenials.

• Love 4

lol I am watching Cheryl Crow - Cheryl Crow - bloviating about how she thinks the campaign season is too long, she's even written a Huffington Post piece on it and....wait for it....set up an online petition! (Proving the criticism of that website - a resource for Huffington's celebrity friends to pretend to be intellectuals - true.) As if this hasn't been a complaint and concern of far more serious and interesting people for 20 years now.  It cracks me up when celebrities actually think they've come up with something brilliant and original and take themselves so very, very seriously. 

QuoteMika refused to allow any comments on the Kelly-Gingrich fight & demanded that they go to break.

Why bother showing the clip?

I had a different take....I took it as Gingrich was so over the top, and the Trump surrogates so irrational, that the clip spoke for itself. They had to show it, because the news as all over it.  But yes, they could have talked about it.

Ug, I can't believe this but I agree with Cackles. I love Warren, but if you're coming out to see her, you're among the converted already. And she can sound very, er, excitable. Listening to her going off on Trump being a sexual predator while Clinton sat there cackling was disconcerting.

• Love 2

15 minutes into the show and we've covered the lack of wi-fi on the set, trump's winning strategy (?) andHillary's stolen emails.

None of this is newsworthy.

I always get a laugh when Joe turns so seriously to Willie and says, "Willie.......".  As if Willie is some political genius.

This show is like Entertainment Tonight.  I can't take it seriously.

• Love 8

That Ronan Farrow piece on millennials was quite misleading. It made it seem like most millennials hated both candidates and were unenthusiastic about voting at all in this election. Turns out the panel at the University of Wisconsin was self-selecting "fed up" millennials. This was not a random sample of college students. Then we find out that one of the panelists was Scott Walker's own son! Yep, just your average group of college students with no ulterior motives at all.

Sheryl Crow's idea seems interesting but I don't know how you get around the first amendment. Even if you limit TV ads, there is still social media and other ways to campaign.

• Love 5

That Ronan Farrow piece on millennials was quite misleading. It made it seem like most millennials hated both candidates and were unenthusiastic about voting at all in this election. Turns out the panel at the University of Wisconsin was self-selecting "fed up" millennials. This was not a random sample of college students. Then we find out that one of the panelists was Scott Walker's own son! Yep, just your average group of college students with no ulterior motives at all.

What? I thought Ronan Farrow was better than this.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

So, they come in so unprepared that they are unable to discuss things without Wi-Fi. At least they're able to kill some time whining about no wifi.

Why always so many mugs on the table?

I think it's hilarious how unprepared they are. A few years ago Mika used to get mad at the interns who brought her the wrong lattes. Joe used to complain about his cellphone. Mika once dropped her phone & the glass cracked. 

Some days Mika would rifle through her purse during segments that Joe was was monopolizing the conversation.

I have a Morning Joe mug

• Love 4

A few weeks ago the show had a pollster from Harvard named John DellaVolpe who discussed his poll and focus group work of millenials. The video is still available on MSNBC. His conclusion was that millenials far preferred Clinton to Trump but found her, and I quote, "shady." And there was a very low level of enthusiasm among the group for either, which led to the conclusion that voter turnout among this demographic might be low.

Maybe Farrow's piece was poorly made, but the empirical data out there does support the premise that millenials are indeed "fed up", or at the least ambivalent and unenthused. And you can watch the video from a few weeks ago for backup. This isn't a situation where Fox News comes up with a theory not supported by reality and then finds a few nutjobs to say it on air as "proof."

The worst example of them being unprepared was when Russell Brand came on. Mika had clearly done no prep, had no idea who he was, and began by condescending him. He responded by cleaning her clock, intellectually.

• Love 7

Was it just me or did it seem as though the entire panel was especially dismissive of Meek-a this morning?  They all talked over her, above her, through her; ignored her calls for breaks; acted in general as if she were not even there and that her mutterings were nothing more than background noise to be ignored.  Believe me, I don't mean to defend her, because I loathe her.  I just thought her co-horts had a tiny bit more ?respect? for her than I, but apparently not.  She is a simpering twit, allowing herself to be steamrolled by her boyfriend and her co-workers, mugging for the camera like a sit-com actor, all the while ironically extolling the virtue of "knowing her value".   Gah.......!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4

Nailed it, Ladyrain.  For fun (fun?), just watch her.  Only her.  Put it on mute and hold up a hand so you only see her face.  She is ODD.  Her weird ticks and eye rolls and embarrassed glances down and pompous smugness are amazing to observe out of context.  It's such an uncomfortable energy.

The segment on the newest dump of Clinton's emails was SO much nothing.  It's now devolved into gossiping about gossip. 
Did you know!??  Did you know!?  Clinton has advisors who write her emails!!!!!!!  THEY DO!  They discussed crises when crises arose!!  Some people had one opinion and other people had other opinions!!!!  AMAZING!  This just proves, um... something! 
OFC Joe got mad.  He instantly became an expert on her personal staff, their roles, and what they do wrong... and everything they do is wrong.   Mika had this to offer (Christ, she's stupid), "They should've just said, "don't use a server!"  Why would you use a server?  Never use a server!"  What dumb Mika doesn't understand is that the server isn't the issue.  The issue is the series of decisions to choose to use it, and the series of decisions to not cooperate with an antagonistic media.
And of course Barnicle says, "I can't believe we're talking about her email server still.  It's still in the news.  If she'd addressed this before, it wouldn't be in the news."  A fascinating comment, really.  Truly meta.  He put the story in the news, then comments how it's in the news and he's tired of it, especially because the emails aren't newsworthy or illuminating, and, it's all her fault for... something.   Her apologies weren't enough, the FBI investigation wasn't enough, her constant addressing of the issue wasn't enough, it's fascinating.

I also like how they all are tired of the minutia of campaign politics, but... their entire professional careers are designed around daily gossiping about process politics. 

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Was it just me or did it seem as though the entire panel was especially dismissive of Meek-a this morning?  They all talked over her, above her, through her; ignored her calls for breaks; acted in general as if she were not even there and that her mutterings were nothing more than background noise to be ignored.  Believe me, I don't mean to defend her, because I loathe her.  I just thought her co-horts had a tiny bit more ?respect? for her than I, but apparently not.  She is a simpering twit, allowing herself to be steamrolled by her boyfriend and her co-workers, mugging for the camera like a sit-com actor, all the while ironically extolling the virtue of "knowing her value".   Gah.......!!!!!!!!!!

I would feel sorry for her if she didn't put herself in this position to begin with. Plus, she really is a dimwit.  She has maybe has one or two plausible opinions that she goes back to time and again.  Aside from that she is not smart.  She has very basic knowledge of the events around her.  If she wasn't prepped she would be clueless.  Now that's fine for a non-news show anchor but she IS a news show anchor! She also is so smug and condescending when she has absolutely no reason to be.  She also tied her wagon to the biggest jerk on the channel.  Whether she knows her value or not she clearly does nothing about it. 

Edited by scoobie1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said Bill hates Obama & mocked Obamacare Premium rises.

Cackles wanted to discuss Newt blowing up at Megyn Kelly. Joe brushed her off.

It seems that Joe is projecting again.  When it comes to hating President Obama, he and Bill Clinton are two sides of the same coin.

Of course, Joe doesn't want discussion of the Megyn Kelly and Newt Gingrich face off.  Ms. Kelly seems to know her value and knows how to push back against bloviating, sexist blowhards.  He can't have Ms. Kelly being a bad influence on Meek-a.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said Cheryl Mills should not have a security clearance.

Halperin said Cheryl may be a close advisor to Hillary.

Joe ranted against anyone in National Security who would give her a security clearance.

Halperin said she will get it. Joe was very upset. LOL Joe. The Clintons could care less about your feelings.

They are now showing the Newt Sex talk. Kelly loved calling Trump a sexual predator. Kelly did not want to discuss Clinton being a sexual predator.

I didn't see that part so this is probably Joe's or Mika's POV.  But having watched the whole interview, of course she didn't call either man a sexual predator. As Newt tried to bully her to shut up about Trump and "Say 'Clinton' and 'sexual predator', I dare you!" she calmly pointed out "We covered that...including interviewing Kathleen Wiley."

What she had tried to ask was, "IF Trump is a sexual predator..." (pointing out she wasn't taking a stand--although, seriously, I wonder if she DOES know....) and Gingrich just went full on bully and wouldn't let her finish so he didn't have to answer.  She really -didn't- take a stand but thought it was a legitimate question, when 10 women have accused him of it. Newt was completely unprepared to do anything but yell and bully her. I'm sorry they didn't show the clip, so we could hear Mika and Joe defend him.

• Love 7

The segment on the newest dump of Clinton's emails was SO much nothing.  It's now devolved into gossiping about gossip. 
Did you know!??  Did you know!?  Clinton has advisors who write her emails!!!!!!!  THEY DO!  They discussed crises when crises arose!!  Some people had one opinion and other people had other opinions!!!!  AMAZING!  This just proves, um... something! 

Respectfully disagree. This isn't a fringe issue. There is a very long, detailed article on the email exchange that they discussed on today's show in today's New York Times. It's the top story on today's Washington Post website. If the Times and Post say it's an issue, then it's an issue, and this show isn't being stupid or petty talking about it. You may disagree with their take on it, but it is not "so much nothing."

• Love 2

Of course, Joe doesn't want discussion of the Megyn Kelly and Newt Gingrich face off.  Ms. Kelly seems to know her value and knows how to push back against bloviating, sexist blowhards.  He can't have Ms. Kelly being a bad influence on Meek-a.

Mika would see  how Megyn shut Gingrich down and be all "Wait, we can do that?" 

Yes, Mika and without being a shrill harpy.  It's amazing how women can express their opinion, or disagree with someone and not come off as a raging idiot.  

Also, Mika, you might be interested to know that a lot of us women don't give a shit what men think.  Men tend to think we care about what they want or what they think of us WAAAAAAAAAY more than we actually do.  I  have had to tell male colleagues,  "just because I don't engage in an argument with you about something in no way means I agree with you.   When I decide to ladysplain to you just how wrong you are, I will shut your shit down so fast it will make your head spin. I won't lose my temper or raise my voice. I will just look you in the eye and give you the facts.  And you will sit there wondering what the fuck just happened. " 

Try it sometime, Mika.   You might lose a boyfriend but that backbone will feel damn good.

• Love 11

I said the same thing.  MJ & Crew are so grasping at straws. These emails are laughable, and I'm starting to believe they have been doctored.   Some of the language is like it was written by people who don't have a real grasp of English.   How about reporting that they're being fed to Wikileaks by the Russians?  That's what the NSA is saying, but why believe them when Joe talks to Jason Bourne every morning? 

• Love 8

Out of the thousands of emails that have been unearthed this is all they came up with? People who are trying to figure out the best way to handle this problem?  OMG!!! Wow!!!  This is so ridiculous.  This is why it isn't getting the huge headlines the Trump campaign is whining about.  There is really nothing to talk about. What are you going to say?  Oh yes two people were going back and forth on how the server was a problem.  AND? And? and?  And nothing.  There is no smoking gun. This is out of THOUSANDS of emails  Heck if you went through any one of these people's emails you would sure find a lot more than this..I'm looking at you Joe!   

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Nailed it, Ladyrain.  For fun (fun?), just watch her.  Only her.  Put it on mute and hold up a hand so you only see her face.  She is ODD.  Her weird ticks and eye rolls and embarrassed glances down and pompous smugness are amazing to observe out of context.  It's such an uncomfortable energy.

OFC Joe got mad.  He instantly became an expert on her personal staff, their roles, and what they do wrong... and everything they do is wrong.   Mika had this to offer (Christ, she's stupid), "They should've just said, "don't use a server!"  Why would you use a server?  Never use a server!"  What dumb Mika doesn't understand is that the server isn't the issue.  The issue is the series of decisions to choose to use it, and the series of decisions to not cooperate with an antagonistic media.
And of course Barnicle says, "I can't believe we're talking about her email server still.  It's still in the news.  If she'd addressed this before, it wouldn't be in the news."  A fascinating comment, really.  Truly meta.  He put the story in the news, then comments how it's in the news and he's tired of it, especially because the emails aren't newsworthy or illuminating, and, it's all her fault for... something.   Her apologies weren't enough, the FBI investigation wasn't enough, her constant addressing of the issue wasn't enough, it's fascinating.

I also like how they all are tired of the minutia of campaign politics, but... their entire professional careers are designed around daily gossiping about process politics. 

About those facial expressions:  I know! I know!  They drive me crazy, too!  She is altogether w-a-a-a-a-y too aware of the camera and consciously plays to it; it's like she's looking through the lens and then adjusting her face for maximum effect, completely concentrating on how it's translating visually.  Yes, I'm going on an on about literally nothing here (after all, it's about Meek-a) but for years I thought I was the only one who was so bugged by her stupid facial contortions.   I now feel validated.  Thank you, Landsnark, and I think I might have told you this once, but to reiterate:  I love your name!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Padma said:

I didn't see that part so this is probably Joe's or Mika's POV.  But having watched the whole interview, of course she didn't call either man a sexual predator. As Newt tried to bully her to shut up about Trump and "Say 'Clinton' and 'sexual predator', I dare you!" she calmly pointed out "We covered that...including interviewing Kathleen Wiley."

What she had tried to ask was, "IF Trump is a sexual predator..." (pointing out she wasn't taking a stand--although, seriously, I wonder if she DOES know....) and Gingrich just went full on bully and wouldn't let her finish so he didn't have to answer.  She really -didn't- take a stand but thought it was a legitimate question, when 10 women have accused him of it. Newt was completely unprepared to do anything but yell and bully her. I'm sorry they didn't show the clip, so we could hear Mika and Joe defend him.

I should have added that Newt was upset that Kelly mentioned the words Trump & Sexual Predator in the same sentence. Newt wanted her to same the same thing about Bill Clinton..

I wonder if Kelly will quit Fox when her contract is up. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Revlonred said:

And barely a mention of Gingrich's insanity last night.  

Yeah, they aired clips of it heavily edited to make Gingrich look less crazy and then said they wouldn't comment on it. This is why no one takes them seriously.

I was annoyed at the entire table of smug elites mocking and giggling at Elizabeth Warren. She is a hell of a lot more popular than they are and would have won the election in a walk. Halperin of all people was the voice of reason saying that what she says resonates.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

Out of the thousands of emails that have been unearthed this is all they came up with? People who are trying to figure out the best way to handle this problem?  OMG!!! Wow!!!  This is so ridiculous.  This is why it isn't getting the huge headlines the Trump campaign is whining about.  There is really nothing to talk about. What are you going to say?  Oh yes two people were going back and forth on how the server was a problem.  AND? And? and?  And nothing.  There is no smoking gun. This is out of THOUSANDS of emails  Heck if you went through any one of these people's emails you would sure find a lot more than this..I'm looking at you Joe!   

This is the first time that I've thought the MJ panel had anything useful to say on the Wikileaks emails. They have a great point that Hillary does seem to have some people around her who know what her worst instincts are and that she was making the email mess bigger by doubling-down on the lies and not just coming clean a year earlier and showing real remorse. Unfortunately, Hillary clearly didn't listen to those people. That's always been Hillary's problem. She surrounds herself with "Yes" people who enable her worst tendencies. And Joe was right for once. If Hillary brings Cheryl Mills into the WH in a prominent role, it shows she hasn't learned from the email mess and is making a mistake in judgment. I think one of the best things Obama did was put Rahm in as CoS. Rahm was never in Obama's inner circle and called out Obama when wrong. You need someone who can do that. I can't believe I just agreed with Joe and Nicole.

• Love 3

My problem with Elizabeth Warren is that she tends to get down in the dirt with Trump by resorting to silly name-calling, which makes her sound like a 5th grader on the playground going after the bully.  Plus, the head-shaking has got to stop.  I think that's why they were giggling at her. 

29 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

My problem with Elizabeth Warren is that she tends to get down in the dirt with Trump by resorting to silly name-calling, which makes her sound like a 5th grader on the playground going after the bully.  Plus, the head-shaking has got to stop.  I think that's why they were giggling at her. 

I think each of her surrogates has a different role to play.  I think Elizabeth Warren is smart enough to not throw out these playground insults on a normal basis to her normal "foes". But this is a different situation.  I think this is the role she has been assigned to.  Just like Michelle has her own role.  President Obama has his role, etc.     I just really need this election over so everyone can go back to their real jobs and be done with Trump forever.  Let the Republicans deal with the aftermath of Trump and his supporters. I hope they all blame the R's for his loss and continue to vote against them.

• Love 13

They were also snickering because Mika commented that Warren was "on the warpath" and they made the joke in their head about how Warren has gotten in trouble in the past for claiming Cherokee heritage to gain an advantage in hiring when she was seeking jobs in academia. Mika looked confused by their laughs; it looked sincere, I don't think she made the connection. Fwiw they cut it out at the 8am rerun of the first segment.

And Joe was right for once. If Hillary brings Cheryl Mills into the WH in a prominent role, it shows she hasn't learned from the email mess and is making a mistake in judgment. 

For two days in a row, Scarborough complimented Robby Mook as a guy who seems to have Clinton's best interests at heart here. And even Neera Tanden - who has a rep of being one of Clinton's stable of suck-ups - was complimented in the show for having at least the clear head to see how damaging the squirreling is.

Joe is right. Cheryl Mills would be a terrible choice for a WH job. Halperin is also probably right - she will likely get such a job.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scoobie1 said:

I think each of her surrogates has a different role to play.  I think Elizabeth Warren is smart enough to not throw out these playground insults on a normal basis to her normal "foes". But this is a different situation.  I think this is the role she has been assigned to.  Just like Michelle has her own role.  President Obama has his role, etc. 

I am aware that each of the surrogates has a different "role" to play.  That's what campaigns do.

However, I've seen this same shtick of hers even before this campaign, the shouting and especially the head-wagging.  She just annoys me, but YMMV.

I am loath to give kudos to Joe for anything, but I have to admit that he made me laugh when, in the middle of exclaiming about the reddish-orange screen that appeared behind them in the first hour, he said something about how they'd gone all Twin Peaks.

As a woman and Hillary supporter, I did not appreciate Elizabeth Warren's comments regarding "nasty women."  The women I know do not consider ourselves "nasty" but will proudly and with open heart vote for Hillary.   I loathe Cackles and it pains me to agree with her, but Warren did not do Hillary a favor.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Showwatcher said:

As a woman and Hillary supporter, I did not appreciate Elizabeth Warren's comments regarding "nasty women."  The women I know do not consider ourselves "nasty" but will proudly and with open heart vote for Hillary.   I loathe Cackles and it pains me to agree with her, but Warren did not do Hillary a favor.

I agree. I didn't want to see it become women v. men either, because a lot of men are against Trump and I respect that. I understood where Warren was going with it--turning Trump's insult against him--but "nasty" just isn't a pleasant word and I don't feel like embracing it just because Donald Trump threw it out there to be mean. It's still demeaning and crude and, while Warren "sold" it as well as one could, it was a mistake, imo.  I wish she'd stayed with the REALLY STRONG corruption and secrecy (taxes) and lying (charity) and acting against interests of average Americans and doing NOTHING to help them for 50 years (so why now) instead of getting everyone distracted with an unflattering pejorative that was actually insulting or at best, meaningless.

A wasted opportunity, but I'm sure she didn't ask anyone in the HRC campaign for advance approval and they probably wouldn't have expected her to.  A misstep, but hopefully won't backfire too badly.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, pivot said:

If Hillary brings Cheryl Mills into the WH in a prominent role, it shows she hasn't learned from the email mess and is making a mistake in judgment. I think one of the best things Obama did was put Rahm in as CoS. Rahm was never in Obama's inner circle and called out Obama when wrong. You need someone who can do that. I can't believe I just agreed with Joe and Nicole.

Agreed.

15 hours ago, Mumbles said:

For two days in a row, Scarborough complimented Robby Mook as a guy who seems to have Clinton's best interests at heart here. And even Neera Tanden - who has a rep of being one of Clinton's stable of suck-ups - was complimented in the show for having at least the clear head to see how damaging the squirreling is.

Joe is right. Cheryl Mills would be a terrible choice for a WH job. Halperin is also probably right - she will likely get such a job.

Should I start praying today that Cheryl Mills (who also was a big part of the 2008 Clinton campaign disaster) gets retired back to cleaning up the closing shop at CGI and the Foundation now?  I knew there was a reason that I really, really like Neera Tanden. :)

John Podesta has known where all these bodies are buried all along - I wish he could have stopped the Clintons from being every bit as skeevy as they are. The unforced errors and greed are exhausting.  Good thing that tRump is such a terrifying candidate for most people, but if this is what is getting spilled on 12 days out via Wikileaks - what more is coming?  ::eep::

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

So Far in the first hour I don't think Mika spoke more than 3 three sentences (not including her reading the newspapers).  I loved how much Nicolle pushed back about the electoral map even while Joe went on and on and ON about how right he was this whole time. 

Now, regarding this latest WikiLeaks over the Foundation is really bad.  I'm so tired of all this.

• Love 3