Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I for one don't have a problem with Faye.  Yes, she capitalized on her supposed best friend's death, but she was a crackhead back then.  She needed the money to support her habit.  You do shitty stuff when you're addicted to drugs.  She's not the first and I'm sure she won't be the last to do shitty stuff while on drugs.  I really don't mind her because she usually goes after the people I hate on this show and says to them the things I myself would like to say.  She's Kyle's pitbull.  I say, let her rip!!!  She sure did a Jedi mind fuck to Kathryn though.  Cracked me up.

Loved, loved, loved seeing LisaV get a taste of her own medicine.  Kyle was really sticking it to her about Yolanda's kids.  Bwaaaaahhhh!!!

Watching Kathryn and her husband in their scene was cringeworthy to me.  They both are way too aware of the camera's.  His yelling about how good looking his wife is was so...not phony, but done up for the cameras.  Reminded me of Yolanda's "my loves".  Empty admiration.  I could tell they really aren't as rich as Kathryn was trying to make them look.  She's claiming that they're so rich, neither of them needs to work anymore.  Liar, liar pants on fire!  If you don't need to work, why are you doing this show?  And I agree with another poster.  Anyone can go try on overly expensive jewelry and leave without buying anything.  Her husband had a distressed look on his face the whole time she was trying on that jewelry. 

I'm bolding this because I've seen your first sentiment expressed by several other posters but Faye herself has maintained that she was completely sober when she composed and subsequently peddled (the first) book and, after that, wrote another. This was not a one-off, isolated incident that transpired when Faye was languishing in the throes of addiction; the Playboy spread was published nearly three complete years after the murders.

• Love 18

^^ This all day and twice on Sunday, lunastartron.  And wasn't it two books, not one, written/ghostwritten when Faye was sober? 

The Playboy thing is still hilarious to me.  "I miss my friend.  My murdered by her psychotic ex friend.  He almost sliced entirely through her neck.  I miss her constantly and love her kids.  Here's my snootch!"

And if Faye knows about sobriety for realsies, why was she soooo complimentary of cracky Kim's cracky thinness during season 2?  In that dead Valley intonation, "Woooooooow.  No fat.  No fat at all.  I'm jealous.'  Faye rulz!  Very expertise.  Much wisdom. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 22

I've never had an issue with Faye, particularly as I was with her 100% on her comments even then. And LisaV, you still mad? Really? Damn, that was good when Kyle gave her a taste of her own medicine! Katherine has the potential to be ok, but she needs to come with something more than being mad at Faye.

So I'm guessing that next week LisaR is going to sell out LisaV to take the heat off herself.

• Love 9

I'm bolding this because I've seen your first sentiment expressed by several other posters but Faye herself has maintained that she was completely sober when she composed and subsequently peddled (the first) book and, after that, wrote another. This was not a one-off, isolated incident that transpired when Faye was languishing in the throes of addiction; the Playboy spread was published nearly three complete years after the murders.

Dope addicts live in denial.  Of course she's going to deny she was doing drugs.  It's no different than Kim Richards.  Deny, deny, deny!  I recently watched an old clip of her being interrogated about her state of mind in that period and she admitted to doing cocaine just like all of the others during that period.  She said they would do drugs right in the open at whatever club they were frequenting.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

^^ This all day and twice on Sunday, lunastartron.  And wasn't it two books, not one, written/ghostwritten when Faye was sober? 

And if Faye knows about sobriety for realsies, why was she soooo complimentary of cracky Kim's cracky thinness during season 2?  In that dead Valley intonation, "Woooooooow.  No fat.  No fat at all.  I'm jealous.'  Faye rulz!  Very expertise.  Much wisdom. 

I'm beginning to wonder what it means when someone who's--is she an addiction coach? A sobriety sister? I don't know these terms--been through it (much like Brandi's BFF, Jennifer) looks at Kim and kind of goes 'round and 'round about not labeling and/or talking about Kim's addiction issues. I can't quite figure it out.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't care about Faye or Katherine. Nice seeing Camille though and loved her comment to Faye " loved your spread" (in Playboy)  brava, nice shade!  She might not have meant the double entendre but it worked well! 

Yo, they wear make up every damn day, don't pretend it is surprising to see them wearing it at a BBQ. Phony is what you are. 

So Mo is giving no clues.  I am not surprised.  LisaV must have fallen in disfavor.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

For those who are interested in what Faye actually said in her book regarding Kathryn:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/a-deep-dive-into-the-kathryn-vs-faye-feud

Sorry but it's not as scandalous as Kathryn is making it out to be IMO.  And, as Erika said, if you're going to confront someone about something they wrote about you, then read what they wrote about you.  Kathryn says she didn't read the book and that she only read what was in headlines.  Hm.  It seems to referred to as an affair but according to Faye, Nicole told OJ they just played.  What the truth is, I don't know, but for me it's just not all that....  Interesting that Camille and Eileen have both said on WWHL that they like Faye. 

Man, Vanderpump sure does think she's the queen.  Who asks an obvious middle aged woman their age?  And what was that exchange when she and Kathryn were getting out of the limo?  Lisa's ego is getting way too much.  And I could do without the sex shop segment.  Really?

I really felt for Eileen in Italy.  And as someone else posted, her niece probably didn't want to be filmed in that situation.

On to the Lyme.  A shot of Yo's feet in flip flops.  Gawd....   According to Yo's blog:

Bella and Anwar were diagnosed at the end of 2013 and have been in extensive holistic treatment ever since.

Both of them are under the care of Dr. Detrich Klinghardt and have made good progress this past year.

So, no mention of positive Lyme titer.  I'm not saying that you have to have a positive Lyme titer to have Lyme.  It can happen when you're diagnosed late but a clinical diagnosis by this particular doctor is disturbing IMO.  Mohammad's response which was read on WWHL was a little evasive.  He chastised Lisa but he also didn't state that they had Lyme.  He basically said he wasn't talking about it even though Bella has said she had Lyme.  Interesting.....

• Love 7

Dope addicts live in denial.  Of course she's going to deny she was doing drugs.  I recently watched an old clip of her being interrogated about her state of mind in that period and she admitted to doing cocaine just like all of the others during that period.  She said they would do drugs right in the open at whatever club they were frequenting.

I'm confused about what you mean by "that period." If you're generally referring to the duration of her friendship with Nicole, then, yes, she has openly admitted to wrestling with a cocaine problem during those years. It would be Yolandesque for her to argue otherwise considering she was in rehab when the murders occurred. The ostensible denial has not extended to her transparency about the fact that her substance abuse commenced long before the early '90s and that she sought in-patient treatment on multiple occasions prior to her '94 stint at Exodus.

However, she has definitely and repeatedly asserted that she was sober and of sound mind during her years-long post-murder publicity tour.

The point being that, from my personal perspective, it's illogical to whitewash her deliberate, persistent exploitation of her friend's brutal near-decapitation by attributing that conduct to the influence of drugs that she insists she wasn't using. And this is not an insignificant distinction, in my opinion. Either she authored her cash-grab tell-all under the intoxication of controlled substances and her manifesto is therefore likely unreliable/considerably embellished if not out-and-out false or she was in full control of her faculties and she is, in fact, just an opportunistic hustler willing to turn her confidante and close friend's horrific slaying for a couple of hundred thousand bucks.

And, yes, she penned a follow-up to Private Diary entitled Shattered. It did not perform well and, I believe, was actually one of the lowest-selling of the myriad instabooks that cropped up as part of the O.J. cottage industry.

For those who are interested in what Faye actually said in her book regarding Kathryn:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/a-deep-dive-into-the-kathryn-vs-faye-feud

Sorry but it's not as scandalous as Kathryn is making it out to be IMO.  And, as Erika said, if you're going to confront someone about something they wrote about you, then read what they wrote about you.  Kathryn says she didn't read the book and that she only read what was in headlines.  Hm.  It seems to referred to as an affair but according to Faye, Nicole told OJ they just played.  What the truth is, I don't know, but for me it's just not all that....  Interesting that Camille and Eileen have both said on WWHL that they like Faye. 

Man, Vanderpump sure does think she's the queen.  Who asks an obvious middle aged woman their age?  And what was that exchange when she and Kathryn were getting out of the limo?  Lisa's ego is getting way too much.  And I could do without the sex shop segment.  Really?

I really felt for Eileen in Italy.  And as someone else posted, her niece probably didn't want to be filmed in that situation.

On to the Lyme.  A shot of Yo's feet in flip flops.  Gawd....   According to Yo's blog:

Bella and Anwar were diagnosed at the end of 2013 and have been in extensive holistic treatment ever since.

Both of them are under the care of Dr. Detrich Klinghardt and have made good progress this past year.

So, no mention of positive Lyme titer.  I'm not saying that you have to have a positive Lyme titer to have Lyme.  It can happen when you're diagnosed late but a clinical diagnosis by this particular doctor is disturbing IMO.  Mohammad's response which was read on WWHL was a little evasive.  He chastised Lisa but he also didn't state that they had Lyme.  He basically said he wasn't talking about it even though Bella has said she had Lyme.  Interesting.....

Faye wrote that Marcus tried to fuck her, Faye, during his engagement to Kathryn and made his overtures via Nicole. Faye basically creates a formula in the book in which NIcole goes for her sloppy seconds because O. J. has "ruined" her for white men by inspiring an insatiable need for virile black sexual partners. The quotes up on the website are nowhere near the entire text that Faye devoted to the topic of Marcus. Those excerpted refer to the first of two flings that Nicole and Marcus supposedly commenced - the former occurring post-Nicole's divorce but pre-reconciliation with O. J. and the latter transpiring basically right before the killings.

• Love 22

Kathryn looks like Kim Bassinger.

Yes.  And a little bit like Aviva from the NYC franchise.  I did a couple of doubletakes, looking at her and wondering when the leg would come off.

I think Erika stayed out of the Faye/Kathryn conversation because initially she didn't know what they were talking about, and after she knew, why would she say anything?  She didn't know either of those women until recently.  She strikes me as someone who tries not to speak unless she has something to say.  I like her.

LVP -- first she says Mohamed said the kids didn't have Lyme, and then she sort of backtracks.  It sounds like at one time he probably said "The kids are fine" and LVP took that to mean they didn't have Lyme.  That's not at all the same thing. 

Eileen and the ashes -- there are a lot more ashes than what were in that little compact.  (I've scattered two.)   Didn't she say the ashes were going to be scattered in several places?  If so, why put yourself through that more than once.  Unless her sister's kids also have ashes to scatter. 

• Love 6

Anyone can go try on overly expensive jewelry and leave without buying anything.  Her husband had a distressed look on his face the whole time she was trying on that jewelry.

Ha! Yes, I kept imagining a bubble over his head with the caption:

"Sure, honey, I'll buy you a four million dollar necklace for no particular reason today. And then hire a bunch of bodyguards to keep the kidnappers and jewel thieves away from you when you wear it."

• Love 4

I'm confused about what you mean by "that period." If you're generally referring to the duration of her friendship with Nicole, then, yes, she has openly admitted to wrestling with a cocaine problem during those years. It would be Yolandesque for her to argue otherwise considering she was in rehab when the murders occurred. The ostensible denial has not extended to her transparency about the fact that her substance abuse commenced long before the early '90s and that she sought in-patient treatment on multiple occasions prior to her '94 stint at Exodus.

However, she has definitely and repeatedly asserted that she was sober and of sound mind during her years-long post-murder publicity tour.

The point being that, from my personal perspective, it's illogical to whitewash her deliberate, persistent exploitation of her friend's brutal near-decapitation by attributing that conduct to the influence of drugs that she insists she wasn't using. And this is not an insignificant distinction, in my opinion. Either she authored her cash-grab tell-all under the intoxication of controlled substances and her manifesto is therefore likely unreliable/considerably embellished if not out-and-out false or she was in full control of her faculties and she is, in fact, just an opportunistic hustler willing to turn her confidante and close friend's horrific slaying for a couple of hundred thousand bucks.

And, yes, she penned a follow-up to Private Diary entitled Shattered. It did not perform well and, I believe, was actually one of the lowest-selling of the myriad instabooks that cropped up as part of the O.J. cottage industry.

Faye wrote that Marcus tried to fuck her, Faye, during his engagement to Kathryn and made his overtures via Nicole. Faye basically creates a formula in the book in which NIcole goes for her sloppy seconds because O. J. has "ruined" her for white men by inspiring an insatiable need for virile black sexual partners. The quotes up on the website are nowhere near the entire text that Faye devoted to the topic of Marcus. Those excerpted refer to the first of two flings that Nicole and Marcus supposedly commenced - the former occurring post-Nicole's divorce but pre-reconciliation with O. J. and the latter transpiring basically right before the killings.

What she wrote about Kathryn is one thing.  What she wrote about Marcus Allen is another.  Kathryn was very specific in saying that she was upset about what Faye wrote about 'her', even though she didn't read the book and says what she knows she got from Enquirer headlines.  She never mentioned about being upset about what was said about Marcus. 

She doesn't even mention her ex husband in her blog.  She does say what Faye said about her is a lie.  I don't understand what she's talking about - what was the lie about Kathryn?  She didn't read the book.  Is she talking about the statement that Faye says Kris Jenner made about turning a blind eye about Marcus cheating?  If Kathryn is referring to this, Interesting that Kathryn doesn't state that Marcus didn't cheat.  It's all rather muddled. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4

Erika claims that she did not see the show before becoming a HW and Kathryn claims that she did not read Faye's book. Most smart women learn everything they can upfront. I think that its arrogance rather than stupidity in this situation.

Lisar stirs the pot and then says, "I don't want to touch that with a ten foot pole." Sure.

I don't want to see anymore of Yolanda and her white capris. It appears that Yolanda is still dying her hair.

• Love 10

I like Kathryn. She's able to express herself articulately. She seems to have relatively erudite and culturally rich passions. I don't believe that she and her husband have enough discretionary cash to drop $2 million on a single pair of earrings but I see nothing ersatz about a husband expressing ardor and appreciation at the physical beauty of his wife - in fact, I find it kind of refreshing to see such an earnest statement of affection on a franchise defined by spouses grousing about the grievances they've supposedly perpetrated on one another, airing their dirty laundry for all the world to see, etc.

If you take a gander to Bravo.com, you can see Kathryn's home in San Diego - it's luxurious but unostentatious. And while it does seem like this may be partly attributable to funds, she resonates as rather practical to buy something akin to Villa Rosa with only two people in the family.

That being said, I believe the entire imbroglio over Private Diary was contrived and producer-orchestrated with every party in on the production. Kathryn lives primarily in San Diego from what I can tell; from what one can glean of her Brentwood residence in her virtual closet tour, it looks even less permanent than the rental that Aviva and Reid Drescher scrabbled together specifically for filming. Faye has no reason to return to this series in a featured capacity unless the network is doling out a substantial sum; remember when her blog was literally removed from the website in season 3 after the uniformly vitriolic viewer response she garnered as an official FOH?

And Kyle was clearly trying to lay the narrative groundwork for the tete-a-tete with her "innocent" allusions to Playboy.

It's disappointing because I was all for watching someone drag TMCFR, especially after she declared herself "not prepared to talk about Nicole" since the dispute was not about NIcole and, in any case, Faye certainly had no problems divulging the most picayune details about Nicole's sexual life immediately after she was slaughtered.

• Love 11

Watching Kathryn and her husband in their scene was cringeworthy to me.  They both are way too aware of the cameras.  His yelling about how good looking his wife is was so...not phony, but done up for the cameras.  Reminded me of Yolanda's "my loves".  Empty admiration.  I could tell they really aren't as rich as Kathryn was trying to make them look.  She's claiming that they're so rich, neither of them needs to work anymore.  Liar, liar pants on fire!  If you don't need to work, why are you doing this show?  And I agree with another poster.  Anyone can go try on overly expensive

jewelry and leave without buying anything.  Her husband had a distressed look on his face the whole time she was trying on that jewelry. 

Cringeworthy to me too.  She's really not as interesting as she thinks she is, and they both were trying far too hard.  What a ridiculous scene in the jewelry store that was!  Very anti-climactic, and really served no purpose.  Stupid letdown ending, especially considering it was their introductory scene.  It definitely didn't leave me wanting to know more about them, or caring about her at all..

I also have zero sympathy for her regarding Faye.  She knew when she signed on to do this show that she would be interacting with Faye - She even said early in the episode that she knows Faye is a good friend of Kyle's.  So don't complain that you're face to face.  If she truly had no desire to speak to Faye or to be anywhere near her, then she should have taken her gobs of money, grabbed her husband, hopped on a plane, and continued seeing the whole world.  Twice!  But of course she won't do that because she wants to be on television.  All of her moral outrage towards Faye fell by the wayside (instantly, I'm sure) when she was offered a job on this show.  She clearly wants the money and/or the attention, and probably both, so she should stop acting as though she was put into an uncomfortable situation against her will.

Who doesn't read a book that mentions her?  Or at least the parts that mention her?  Reading excerpts online or anywhere else is not at all the same thing.

Camille said on twitter tonight that she didn't know Faye when she called her morally corrupt, and now is sorry she said that because she's spent time with her and really likes her.  For whatever that's worth!  (As a sidenote, I am always happy to see Camille.  I would love it if she came back full-time.  She was always, IMO, one of the most interesting HW's in any franchise.)

Mohammad's response which was read on WWHL was a little evasive.  He chastised Lisa but he also didn't state that they had Lyme.  He basically said he wasn't talking about it even though Bella has said she had Lyme.  Interesting.....

Yes, it's telling that he didn't say the kids have LD.  He just said he wants to keep things private, which is of course appropriate.   But if they do have it, why would he not have said so?  It's not breaking a confidence or revealing something that hasn't been out there and blasted all over the internet for months.  He didn't say that Yolanda was right and Lisa was wrong.  Or vice versa.  He's a smart man, and he chose his words carefully.  "Evasive" is exactly what it was.

I am sure that what's going on behind the scenes is far more interesting than anything we're seeing.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 14

Statement read by Andy on behalf of Mohammed Hadid on tonight's WWHL. This clarifies his side of what LVP disclosed in tonight's episode of RHOBH. He obviously disagrees with LisaV saying that he said Anwar and Bella do not have Lyme Disease in contradiction of Yolanda's announcement that they do. In addition, he calls LVP a liar by saying: mohamedhadid not everyone's reality is the true reality! @bravotv @bravoandy @bravowwhl

IMO, by Mohammed saying he completely and unequivocally supports Yolanda and his children means he backs up what has been said by Yolanda that his two children (Anwar and Bella) do have Lyme Disease.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBBsb5PFKZB/?taken-by=mohamedhadid

Edited by talula
  • Love 7

And what was that exchange when she and Kathryn were getting out of the limo? Lisa's ego is getting way too much.

What the f--- WAS that?? So weird. "No, I am. That's my saying." "NO I AM."

I was like, is Lisa losing her shit? She's never been that weirdly sloppy and obviously desperate.

So Faye is a creep. I just read the book, so it's fresh in my mind.

• Love 22

Lisar stirs the pot and then says, "I don't want to touch that with a ten foot pole." Sure.

Funny when she said that in her confessional, they showed her next talking to Kyle and LVP about what was being alleged about the children's Lymes.

• Love 3

The OJ Simpson thing was over a long time ago. Every single person that brings it up and talks about it is capitalizing on it because they know anything "OJ" is going to make it to air. LisaRinna knows this especially.

Kathryn Edwards seems a little harsh and more than a bit fake. She's definitely not nearly as rich as she wants people to believe. She and Faye seem on par with each other in terms of opportunists. And both seem very dated.

Also, was Kathryn saying that there was a lot of swan shit around Lisa's? I'm not sure why she brought that up, it seemed like a dig.

Erika is way too smart for this show, I see her bowing out and gracefully leaving after this season. My husband commented that she was the only person that seemed reasonable and intelligent when she made the comment to Kathryn that maybe she should read the book before she says anything. But Erika is married to a lawyer, who probably has intelligent and thoughtful discussion and comments, unlike the other ladies husbands (ahem, Ken, who can only stir up drama and talk about vacations and pet dogs). The point being, Erika can approach conflicts logically, trying to problem solve, where the other ladies just react with emotion and drama. 

What I totally don't care about (not interesting):

OJ Simpson

anything Faye 

Whether Bella and Anwar have Lyme disease

Erika (sorry Erika, you are sweet and cool, but I'm embarrassed for you being on this show)

What I WANT to see (interesting/fun)

Yolanda and David interact, more marriage stuff

Kyle and LisaV hanging out

Elieen and her husband at home and doing stuff

Ken and Lisa together (they are just a cute little couple, so much togetherness)

• Love 9

The point being that, from my personal perspective, it's illogical to whitewash her deliberate, persistent exploitation of her friend's brutal near-decapitation by attributing that conduct to the influence of drugs that she insists she wasn't using.

I don't think I'm whitewashing anything.  I really don't care one way or the other.  I just don't have a problem with Faye Resnick.  I don't care about the whole OJ thing period, so whether she wrote the book sober or not, I just don't care!  We can just agree to disagree.

Kathryn should really have a problem with Kris Jenner because according to Faye's book, Kris is the one who said Kathryn turned a blind eye to her fiancé's cheating, which seems to be the statement that's sticking in Kathryn's crawl.  Faye should have said, "Well, if you had actually read my book, you would know that it was Kris, not me who said you turn a blind eye to Marcus' cheating."  lol

I know right!  Didn't LisaR say the exact same thing when Taylor was expressing her views on Yolanda's media posts?  Yet, she sits there and almost says the same exact thing about Yolanda herself this episode.  You could tell by the look on Kyle's face she recognized the same thing.  Rinna is such a phony!

Erika claims that she did not see the show before becoming a HW and Kathryn claims that she did not read Faye's book.

I find both of these very hard to believe.  In Erika's case, she claims to have been friends with Yolanda even before she married "my love", so you can't tell me that your good good friend is on a reality show and not once did you watch the show.  Bullshit!!!  And as far as Kathryn not reading Faye's book.  Bullshit again!  You know if someone supposedly wrote something about you and your then husband in a book, you're going to read EVERY SINGLE WORD!  These women kill me trying to make believe they're so above it all.  The fact that they are participating on the show now just shows me they aren't above doing anything.  I think they're both lying.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 13

I missed the first 30 minutes and have to watch it again from the beginning so all I'll say is that Kyle is a horrible person. She keeps saying 'this is awkward' but she knew damned well that inviting Faye Resnick and Kathryn to her 'barbecue' was going to stir up giant heaps of old feelings and animosities. But, she did it purposely because she doesn't have Kim anymore to bring attention to herself.

• Love 17

What she wrote about Kathryn is one thing.  What she wrote about Marcus Allen is another.  Kathryn was very specific in saying that she was upset about what Faye wrote about 'her', even though she didn't read the book and says what she knows she got from Enquirer headlines.  She never mentioned about being upset about what was said about Marcus. 

She doesn't even mention her ex husband in her blog.  She does say what Faye said about her is a lie.  I don't understand what she's talking about - what was the lie about Kathryn?  She didn't read the book.  Is she talking about the statement that Faye says Kris Jenner made about turning a blind eye about Marcus cheating?  If Kathryn is referring to this, Interesting that Kathryn doesn't state that Marcus didn't cheat.  It's all rather muddled. 

There is additional editorializing from Faye's perspective in the book on Kathryn's ostensible tacit acceptance of Marcus's womanizing that is presented as fact. This is apart from the quote attributed to Kris. Something to the effect of O.J. not disclosing Nicole's first liaison with Marcus to Kathryn because, while Kathryn was happy to disregard Marcus's perpetual cheating, she might feel obligated to cancel her wedding.

---------------------

As for Kathryn and Faye being "on par opportunists," yeah, I think that Kathryn is voluntarily reviving a grudge in the interests of narrative conflict but, um, show me the body of the "best friend"/domestic violence victim whose secrets she's trumpeting for profit.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 5

Everything seemed so producer manipulated, up to and including seating Faye and Kathryn across from each other. It was interesting seeing the differing reactions. Kyle was guarded, Camille curious, Erika bored, LVP uncomfortable, and Lisar was practically bouncing up and down and clapping her hands. I'm confrontation averse, so I zoned out a little.

I don't know if it was the lighting, but the camera panned from Kyle to Camille to Lisa, and each of them looked like they had cheekbone implants. Any opinions?

Bambi sighting! Good to know he's still keeping busy crashing parties and obsessing over his ball. Loved when Kyle kicked him out and he returned through the dog door. Do we know the names of Kyle's ankle biters?

ETA damn typo

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 6

I also have zero sympathy for her regarding Faye.  She knew when she signed on to do this show that she would be interacting with Faye - She even said early in the episode that she knows Faye is a good friend of Kyle's.  So don't complain that you're face to face.  If she truly had no desire to speak to Faye or to be anywhere near her, then she should have taken her gobs of money, grabbed her husband, hopped on a plane, and continued seeing the whole world.  Twice!  But of course she won't do that because she wants to be on television.  All of her moral outrage towards Faye fell by the wayside (instantly, I'm sure) when she was offered a job on this show.  She clearly wants the money and/or the attention, and probably both, so she should stop acting as though she was put into an uncomfortable situation against her will.

But the thing is, Kyle has been friends with Faye Resnick for a very long time. Faye has appeared briefly in a couple of episodes in the past, but if you recall she never appeared in any episodes last year because the drama was all about dysfunctional Kim and the relationship troubles with Kyle. Faye didn't want to get in the middle of that fiasco and Kyle wouldn't push to have Faye make her appearance either. But this year suddenly we're seeing Faye Resnick begin to weasel into the group where she really doesn't belong. Kyle knew of the book of course and the allegations she made about Marcus Allen and Nicole. What did Kyle expect at her 'barbecue'?  Did she think the two of them would air-kiss and make up and let bygones be bygones? Of course not. Kyle is stirring the pot again and will regress to the background and look shocked when all the shit hits the fan.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

So I think I've got this straight no one can talk about Kim or talk about any rift between the families but Kyle with a twinkle in her eye can bring up others people private laundry.

Then there is Lisa V. Ms. Never Apologizes who is offended at Faye for using her own tactics against her by minimizing the hurt Faye "caused" back in the dark ages and Pinkie is offended.

Boo frigging hoo!

Why is Faye at the Bbq if there is "nothing to discuss" when people bring up her past actions.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 10

On to the Lyme.  A shot of Yo's feet in flip flops.  Gawd...

I don't understand why that played out the way it did in Italy.  If her niece didn't want to be filmed, I don't see why  Eileen would do it without her.  This was the girl's mother!   It would have been far more appropriate for the two of them to then do it off-camera.  I don't understand the thinking that the niece isn't happy with the cameras, and so we eliminate the niece.  They should have eliminated the cameras!  I cannot imagine that production would have been so cold-hearted about that.  Maybe Eileen did what she did "for TV", but she & her niece also did it privately with the actual ashes.   What we saw makes no sense unless there's some other explanation.

eta:   I almost forgot to respond to the part of the post I quoted re Yo's feet.  OMG, when she said she was wearing flip-flops, all I could think was, "Of COURSE you are!"  At least it's a step up from barefoot, but still I wish she would just take her feet and go away.  She is so tiresome with her never-ending medical updates and her comments about makeup and all the rest of it.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 16

Loved Lisa V.'s line about Kyle "letting that orangutan (Faye) out of its cage."

Tee Hee!

Also loved Katherine pointing out that the entrance at Château Pinkie is covered in swan shit and you gotta watch your step as you navigate in your Laboutines.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 20

But the thing is, Kyle has been friends with Faye Resnick for a very long time. Faye has appeared briefly in a couple of episode in the past, but if you recall she never appeared in any episodes last year because the drama was all about dysfunctional Kim and the relationship troubles with Kyle. Faye didn't want to get in the middle of that fiasco and Kyle wouldn't push to have Faye make her appearance either. But this year suddenly we're seeing Faye Resnick begin to weasel into the group where she really doesn't belong. Kyle knew of the book of course and the allegations she made about Marcus Allen and Nicole. What did Kyle expect at her 'barbecue'?  Did she think the two of them would air-kiss and make up and let bygones be bygones? Of course not. Kyle is stirring the pot again and will regress to the background and look shocked when all the shit hits the fan.

What we see is a very tiny percentage of what they film.  Faye is at lots of events, whether or not we see her, and it's extremely likely that she's been filmed every single season that this show has been in existence.  Even if interactions don't make the final cut, the women are still in social situations together.  Kyle said tonight that Faye has been at every party she's ever given, so certainly Faye has been at Kyle's White Parties and lots of other filmed events and situations too.  Faye is not suddenly weaseling her way in.  She's been doing that all along.  She's just not always featured on episodes.  Our reality - all we really have to go by - is what Bravo shows us.  But the reality for these women is the hours and hours that they spend filming together at parties, etc, and we don't see the vast majority of that.

My point was that Kathryn knew the chances were good she would run into Faye if she did this show.  She even said so.  And then she acted all outraged and offended.  She took this job knowing full well that there was the potential for drama with Faye.   She made that choice.

• Love 13

Everything seemed so producer manipulated, up to and including seating Faye and Kathryn across from each other. It was interesting seeing the differing reactions. Kyle was guarded, Camille curious, Erika bored, LVP uncomfortable, and Lisar was practically bouncing up and down and clapping her hands. I'm confrontation averse, so I zoned out a little.

Amen to this!  No way was sitting Faye and Kathryn across from each other Kyle's idea.  If it was, she's not as fond of Faye as she says she is.  Producers created this whole narrative to coincide with that FX OJ movie.  It's so obvious to me.

• Love 17

Not just manipulated, but manipulated with a feel of desperation I haven't really seen on this show before.  Rinna is a terrible shit-stirrer, she's awkward and doesn't commit.  Vanderpump can't get anyone to spill, and she's equally as clumsy about it.  Kyle was pretty brazen tonight, which was fascinating and incredibly obvious.  It's almost like before they filmed this they threatened all of them.  I want to know what those threats were, and whether the ladies are intentionally fumbling things as a kind of protest.  Clearly they aren't giving the editors anything to work with or it'd all be seamless.  Plus, bringing in a new person this far into things...desperate.

Editing to add: I don't necessarily think they just (or even primarily) wanted to coincide with the OJ movie.  I think they were straight-up lacking storylines and had to figure something out on the fly midway through filming.

I appreciated that Yolanda showed up to show everyone how brave she is.  She didn't need to be there, but I guess this gets the check and feeds the ego.  I love Eileen, could've done without her scenes too.  It doesn't make it any less Jerry Springer if you show a sort-of funeral scene.

Speaking of Springer, I must confess that while I'd love to be indifferent/indignant about the whole OJ conversation, it really does appeal to the side of me that used to watch Springer and Sally Jessy and Ricki Lake and all those shows where they'd have, like, a neo-nazi and then surprise them with a black person.  Y'all know the ones, where they eventually had no furniture because it would be weaponized constantly.  That's what this shit is.  I simultaneously don't care about the specifics and want to see the fight.  And, in said fight, I give zero kadooz to Faye, because I feel like her refusal to discuss on camera is directly linked to her desire to be a full-time castmember.  "I'm not prepared to talk about it...until they pay me."  That's what I hear her saying, 'cause, y'know, she's sold stories before, I don't think that's the kind of character trait you just lose.

I wish the two new castmembers were around in different storylines.  Kathryn seems cool (though I agree she looks like Aviva from NY which is affecting my opinion) and I enjoy Erika (she's clearly judging them, I'd like to hear more of those judgments).  It'd be nice to see them doing something.  

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 7

There is additional editorializing from Faye's perspective in the book on Kathryn's ostensible tacit acceptance of Marcus's womanizing that is presented as fact. This is apart from the quote attributed to Kris. Something to the effect of O.J. not disclosing Nicole's first liaison with Marcus to Kathryn because, while Kathryn was happy to disregard Marcus's perpetual cheating, she might feel obligated to cancel her wedding.

---------------------

As for Kathryn and Faye being "on par opportunists," yeah, I think that Kathryn is voluntarily reviving a grudge in the interests of narrative conflict but, um, show me the body of the "best friend"/domestic violence victim whose secrets she's trumpeting for profit.

But again, to me Kathryn is just muddling.  She stated that Faye shouldn't talk about her because she doesn't know her.  I would give Kathryn more credibility if she stated specifically why she is angry at Faye.  She doesn't do this. 

Maybe Faye was an opportunist with her book about Nicole but for me that book left me with an insight into Nicole Brown Simpson.  Faye made Nicole a 'real' person who made mistakes, wasn't perfect and was a victim of domestic abuse.  I can understand why her family and others who were close to Nicole being upset by the book but as an outsider looking into this horrendous murder, it gave me a much better insight into Nicole.  She was human.  She certainly didn't deserve to die.  It made me 'feel' for her so much more than if it were never written. 

• Love 10

Obviously, opinions vary because I don't think that's what he meant.   He was very careful, and IMO he very deliberately did not say that those kids have LD.   If that's what he meant, then that's what he would have said. There would have been no need to be vague about it.  The wording is very, very deliberate and well-thought-out, and there's a reason for that.

The message I got from this is that he was put in an uncomfortable position (probably by both Yolanda and Lisa), and that he will not be commenting further.

Will what LisaV said on TV about Mohammed and Yolanda's children effect his friendship with LisaV...yes. His statement and others show he just doesn't have a reason to trust his old friend anymore. Hadid is clearly backing his wife and kids, what did LisaV expect...that he would turn on his ex-wife and children to favor Lisa's reality show banter? He's obviously backing his family position that Anwar and Bella have Lyme Disease. We disagree here and that's fine.

LisaV was foolish to let those words flow from her mouth, she must have known where Mohammed's loyalty would reside. No longer with a gossip monger like LisaV.

• Love 7

Obviously, opinions vary because I don't think that's what he meant.   He was very careful, and IMO he very deliberately did not say that those kids have LD.   If that's what he meant, then that's what he would have said. There would have been no need to be vague about it.  The wording is very, very deliberate and well-thought-out, and there's a reason for that.

The message I got from this is that he was put in an uncomfortable position (probably by both Yolanda and Lisa), and that he will not be commenting further. 

Yeah because taken at face value, I find it hard to believe the close friend he plays with LVP would preclude him answering her if she asked how the kids were and are they receiving treatment etc for the Lyme their mother is saying they have.  I do find it rich that this guy who along with his two younger daughters, ex-wife Yolanda and his own current girlfriend are all working so hard on the corner of Fame and Attention and yet then cry via social media (an irony of its own) how they refused to be sullied by such nonsense.

Considering how coy the statement really is, to the point that I expect the next time to see a poll for the Iowa Caucus his name on it wouldn't surprise me, I wonder if he is afraid LVP records their conversations.  I would not be at all surprised if he hadn't said something that now he worries will get between him and his ex-wife in a way that drags the kids into it.  Or, considering what a weasel he seems to be, he might just be crapping his pants at the idea of a vengeful Yolanda setting aside all that passion and intense focus on her own self and instead channeling it in his direction.  Can you imagine if she used the same in regards to promoting her ownself as the malingering martyr to making the life of an ex-husband and father of your children a living hell?  I'm betting she could be a master at that.

I do think there was a come to Jesus moment in the show's framework after last season.  They knew they were dumping two possible trainwreck ratings grabbers.  So glad.  But I wonder if producers subtly or blatantly pointed out that the show needs something to get people talking.  LVP already figured that out with her thinly scripted homage to Melrose Place -- 'Vanderpump Rules'.  The hiring of two soap actresses already had a start in going in the direction it felt they wanted even if that direction itself was a big fat failure even in concept.

I also wonder if they are testing the waters with Faye.  There has been talk on and off about her joining the show full time.  Even just because of her strong presence prior seasons.   Just in case one or both of the new women proved to be a Joyce/Carlton type character.  Or they felt that Eileen wasn't that gung ho to be a multi-season in the mix character (Rinna probably showed up to her first casting meeting with a spoon up her ass to show she could stir shit as needed).  Because this is such a clear moment of having a storyline planned out and everyone told to be on board when the cameras go on.  

At some point having casts this large should bring in new dynamics and not need to dredge up old ones.  Movies aside, I just don't see the pop culture that is Housewife oriented desperate for a re-hash of history.  It also really dates and skews the show's participants as old.  Not OLD old.  But simply dated.  I thought Joyce was an odd fit, but she alone brought the promise through her husband of the events and parties and social circles that the title RHOBH implies and hopefully delivers.  You are never going to get a Rita Wilson as a RH.  But at least Joyce had a tiny bit of entre that none of these women bring.  And now after tonight it is more and more looking like the Once Real Housewives of Brentwood.

I also find it interesting that Faye is brought on as Kyle's oldest friend and I can't help but think Kyle knew her as one of the hangers-on when Kim, Kathy and Rick were all at the height of their party-drug days as a group.  Even more is that oddly Kyle is the one I think would make the best true friend.  And yet has the worst taste in friends.  So even as she starts off in my mind being the one I would least object to having to sit next to on a long flight. I sure hope to hell she was traveling alone.  And unless it is her husband and kids I don't even want to see the people who wait to pick her up in the Arrivals section.

And something about tonight makes me think Camille went after Kyle the first season because she saw her as the easy prey.  Mauricio worked for her husband among others in her mind, but I also wonder if she saw who Kyle was friends with and thought socially she flirted with a crowd that was less than admired in Hollywood circles.  I'll bet she heard some pretty juicy things from her ex over the years.  And Kelsey had a unique position of being both big star, having a bit of salacious public life and was an active producer in a lot of programs that employed all kinds of people -- from big names hoping to find that second or third success after a dip in the career to thirsty performers desperate to have even a single line part on a WB/UPN show translate into fame. 

Note how I ended up talking about all the things the show brought up as a tangent at best?  Pretty much sums up my thoughts about the episode tonight all said and done.

• Love 4

Kyle just really got under my skin with the Faye stuff. Like was there all last season when Kim/Brandi just made her reality life hell?? No. It was The Lisas and Eileen who were damn near the supportive people in the cast. I get she and Faye have been bosom buddies since Faye was doing coke but I found it real shady to rub that in while The Lisas and Camille were there to listen but some would say at least she did it in their faces. I just didn't care for it.

• Love 4

It was just such a small line, but I kinda loved it when Kathryn said she missed talking to Yo at Rob Lowe's 50th birthday party.  I'm not an idiot....I know why we wouldn't see footage of that in practicality (out of filming timeline, getting clearances from all the other famous people at the party, etc.)....but that would have been truly fun to see.  Just like last year's season opener, when LisaR left Kyle's White Party to go to the Mad Men wrap party with Harry.  I so would have loved a Bravo camera on that HW thread.  A gal can dream, right?

I'm totally bored with all this OJ bulllshit on the show and tired of Kyle trying to make Faye happen.  I find her to have a sour and rather condescending (even to Kyle) attitude.

• Love 10

Sans Brandi and Kim the producers were no doubt brainstorming for story ideas for this season.  What did they come up with?  Kyle and her bestie Faye, who has been desperate to be a full-time housewife from the start, and the OJ Simpson stuff.  That's all Faye has keeping her relevant, I don't care how many Hilton lofts she's "decorated."  Producers probably invited Kathryn to join the show specifically to create some drama with Faye, who was all too happy to oblige since it meant filming and camera time. 

• Love 5

Will what LisaV said on TV about Mohammed and Yolanda's children effect his friendship with LisaV...yes. His statement and others show he just doesn't have a reason to trust his old friend anymore. Hadid is clearly backing his wife and kids, what did LisaV expect...that he would turn on his ex-wife and children to favor Lisa's reality show banter? He's obviously backing his family position that Anwar and Bella have Lyme Disease. We disagree here and that's fine.

LisaV was foolish to let those words flow from her mouth, she must have known where Mohammed's loyalty would reside. No longer with a gossip monger like LisaV.

Yes, he's clearly upset with Lisa for talking about it.  But his level of upset with Lisa doesn't necessarily correlate to how truthful Yolanda has been.   His anger at Lisa doesn't mean the kids have LD or that he's saying that they do or that he's not angry at Yolanda also.   You're right - He must feel that he can't trust Lisa anymore.  He's taking a public stand, but it doesn't exonerate Yolanda.  If that was his intention, it was pretty weak.  And Mohammed is not a weak man.  He clearly thinks this has been played out too publicly, and he wants to keep it behind closed doors.  I'm sure he's not happy with Yolanda either.

Yes, Lisa made a mistake.  Absolutely.  But I still think Yolanda is lying, and nothing in Mohammed's statement makes me think otherwise.  If he wanted to say that Yolanda has been telling the truth and if he wanted to set the record straight, that entire statement would have been worded differently.

There's lots of reason to doubt Yolanda re Bella and Anwar having LD, and no reason to believe her, IMO.  Mohammed's statement is really about Lisa more than anything else.  I'm sure he is dealing with Yolanda more privately.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 18

Why is LisaV acting so butt hurt about Faye's dressing down of Brandi? Faye may be THE Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick (Thank you forEVA for that moniker, Camille) but everything she said about that walking hemorrhoid was true and she didn't come for Lisa's neck at all in that. What a non-feud. They really are scraping at the dregs for drama.

She didn't just shade Brandi, though. She accused Lisa of targeting Adrienne and using Brandi to do it. She was most rude about it, especially as, once again, she had no firsthand knowledge.

She just blows smoke around about anybody she feels like going after. I loved that she had to admit she didn't know Kathryn at all. After Kyle's ridiculous insistence to Kathryn that if Faye said she knew Kathryn, then she must know Kathryn, I hope Kyle takes a few steps backward and considers that Faye just might be, um, a liar?

• Love 10

Yeah because taken at face value, I find it hard to believe the close friend he plays with LVP would preclude him answering her if she asked how the kids were and are they receiving treatment etc for the Lyme their mother is saying they have.  I do find it rich that this guy who along with his two younger daughters, ex-wife Yolanda and his own current girlfriend are all working so hard on the corner of Fame and Attention and yet then cry via social media (an irony of its own) how they refused to be sullied by such nonsense.

I just re-read Mohammed's statement, and it's kind of ridiculous that he said he respects his children too much to talk about them in a restaurant.  Really?  It's completely normal for people to meet for lunch, drinks, dinner, whatever, and discuss each other's children.  He cannot seriously be trying to convince us that he's never talked about his children in a restaurant!   That's completely unbelievable, and implying that he is above that sort of thing is a little much.

Also, he is well aware that Yolanda and Lisa are both regulars on this show.  The very same show in which we see him from time to time, as well as his children.  It makes no sense that he would be shocked and surprised that personal information about them could find its way into an episode.  If he really, truly has a problem with that, then the first stop on his Train of Outrage should have been his ex-wife's house.  A long time ago.   

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 10

Tonight on The Real Socialite Friends of OJ and Nicole Simpson...

Eileen had me a little teary about she and her sister relaionship. God we share a lot of this topic. I too lost a sister to similar fashion just her disease was different but the pain and guilt still linger sometimes. So I can totally understand her hurt losing her sister. Very real moment.

Kyle, don't call something a BBQ when you are only serving bite-sized meat strips. Honey, I thought I would see hamburgers, ribs, chicken, corn, and the works. That was comical yet I guess so BH if these women are trying to watch their figures.

I know some might not want me to say it but RD 1 went to Faye. She was clearly unphased by Kathryn's 20 yr grudge. No matter how shady Faye is I had to respect she kept her cool because 3 seasons ago when she went up against Brandi and LVP she probably wouldn't have. Where Faye is shady when she was speaking to Kyle in the store and claimed she wasn't ready to speak to K about the book. Ok, Faye can write about her dear gal pal Nicole but she won't talk about the details on camera. Hmm ok. Nevertheless, something about Faye's presence the rest of the season will get under K's skin just based off of next week's preview.

As for LVP, how on earth can she start something about Mohemmed and Yolanda and then leave that door ajar liked that. I'm not surprised that Mohemmed has been calling bullshit about Yoda saying the children also have Lymes with her. I just don't believe that at all. Next week, I can tell she might annoy me with how she's going to come off like the Queen of England attidue yet again about who Kyle should and should not have invited to her bite-sized BBQ.

Ok episode as I expected. No big blow up between Faye and K as I hoped but still watchable=.

I agree Faye was all sorts of shady talking to Kyle in the shop. All Kyle did was mention Kathryn's name, and Faye immediately put on her snake face and said she didn't want to talk to Kathryn or anyone about "something that was so painful for me." Now what made her think Kathryn would bring up the book if she didn't have a guilty conscience? And if this is just so painful for her, why did she write that book in the first place?

I felt that she was very uncomfortable when Kathryn addressed it because she didn't have a single thing she could say in her own defense because what she wrote was indefensible, being as she admittedly had never even met Kathryn. So she stonewalled, but she was sweating bricks.

• Love 5

Yes, Lisa made a mistake.  Absolutely.  But I still think Yolanda is lying, and nothing in Mohammed's statement makes me think otherwise.  If he wanted to say that Yolanda has been telling the truth and if he wanted to set the record straight, that entire statement would have been worded differently.

I agree with this.  I just think Mohammed is protecting the integrity of his child Bella who has said she does have Lyme Disease at some Lyme Disease fundraiser that they attended and doesn't want to make her look like a big fat liar.  I don't think he gives a hang about protecting Yolanda.  He is definitely there for his kids though.

After Kyle's ridiculous insistence to Kathryn that if Faye said she knew Kathryn, then she must know Kathryn, I hope Kyle takes a few steps backward and considers that Faye just might be, um, a liar?

I don't necessarily think Faye was lying about Kathryn in the book.  She just wrote what she was told by somebody else, namely Kris Jenner.  She even quoted Kris as saying it.  So if Kathryn says it's not true, then Kris Jenner is the liar not Faye.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9

Mohamed didn't have to include Yolanda in his statement.

"...but I would like to make it clear that I completely and unequivocally support my children and their mother" is, as he said, clear.

• Love 3

Kyle is fooling herself if she thinks that Faye is her friend.

There are not enough houses, lofts in the entire Hilton universe to keep that smug thing satisfied.

Sooner or later, she will spill it all for a buck.

And Kyle needs to stop making that over the hills individual happens. Even as a villainess nobody wants to see her ass on the tv.

Faye did not earn her paycheck, she is a non-mother fucking factor, IMO ( thanks Evelyn Lazoda)

Middle western Kathryn was rolling her neck like a Madea character during the argument, that was the only entertaining thing about the non happening confrontation.

Her hubby is kinda fine...

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 2