Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: The Big Day

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Maybe that what she meant because she is a moron but that doesn't make sense either. They certainly seem to have plenty of free time for recreation and vacations. What is Taylor's job and have we ever heard Maci say anything about hers? They don't seem to have a full schedule of anything.

Taylor's occupation in recent stories is clothing designer. Hmmm. Tee shirt sales maybe?

• Love 4

I suspect that Brandon and Teresa will pull way back on their interactions from here on out.   My perception of Teresa's love for Catelynn is this; Teresa has SEEN the episodes of Teen Mom where Catelynn is being abused, April is smoking her head off drunk, being verbally abusive, Butch is raging and high/drunk/stoned at Catelynn, and Teresa holds her baby girl close LOVING Catelynn for deciding that Carly didn't need to be exposed to that.  Teresa's little girl is loved, and safe, and this is all because Catelynn was willing to place her for adoption because in Cate's documented words, she wanted her baby to "Have better than what I had".  I think Teresa loves her daughter and loves Catelynn for giving their baby girl a life without violence and abuse.  Because to be frank, if Catelynn had been selfish, she would have kept Carly and the baby girl Teresa loves and cherishes, would be a very different little girl.   It's complicated, but I love Teresa for loving Catelynn.  Catelynn deserves Teresa and Brandon's love.

I think Brandon and Teresa stuck it out until the wedding.  I suspect from here on out the contact will be between Teresa and Catelynn and the visits will be once a year.  Butch is an asshole.  April and everyone else did great, but Carly's getting older.  Time for her to stop being Catelynn and Tyler's daughter and time for her to be herself.  Enough.  Someday she will be an adult and can manage these relationships in a way she sees fit.

I agree about Teresa and Catelynn.   The PTV recap aptly calls the true love story of this episode/show not between Catelynn and Tyler but Teresa and Catelynn.   I too love how Teresa loves that girl.  Like one ot the other girls said, I  think it just reinforces that Catelynn made the right choice in choosing Brandon and Teresa.  

Did anyone else notice that during the dance with Carly/Teresa/Tyler/Catelynn that Brandon came on the dance floor and tenderly/paternally kissed Catelynn on the top of her head while hugging her?   I had to freeze frame it to make sure that's what I saw since I had something in my eye during most of the wedding.  Heh.  

But I'm pretty sure that the Brandon/Teresa/Carly in-person visits have always been only once a year and the wedding was an exception, because well, it's Catelynn's wedding. And I could be wrong but I think this was the first time April and the Gang have seen Carly in person and probably the last because really there isn't any need to open that can of worms.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Haven’t read all the comments yet….

Wow, I’ve heard of low balling but offering 18k on a 31k house? Not that I think a burned out house is worth much but wow. What was up with the Caution Danger sign in the tub in the house they bought? Love the “normal ceiling crack” that runs the length of the room. At the very least, pay a structural engineer to check out the place before dropping any cash.

I’m not a softie with regard to weddings so I had zero interest. I have even less interest in their wedding because I think Tyler is so not into Catelynn but puts on an act in order to become one of those Real World/Road Rules types who make a career appearing on MTV shows for years and years to come. Tyler could have paid a PR person to write vows that would ensure waterworks to keep this image of his alive and the TV show gravy train moving. Yes, I’m cynical. On another note: I just get this really creepy vibe from Theresa and Brandon. Can’t put my finger on it but they are just creepy to the max.

Farrah is just unbelievable. She cries with her ugly cry face and you never see any tears. What a nasty, vile individual. Sofia looked like she was wearing a ton of face make up when she was covering her ears. Sorry but both Farrah and Sofia are so incredibly disrespectful to the mother that her saying “When I die all this goes to her” made me sick. Donate your stuff to charity. Why the hell would you leave anything to such a wretched, nasty bitch? I just don’t get it. Family or not, if you are toxic in my life, you are gone. Just because one is a blood relative doesn’t mean you have to excuse such disgusting behavior. Seeing a small child mocking and being mean to her grandmother is just horrifying to see especially since she’s been taught to treat her this way by her own mother.

Maci patting herself on the back for all these accomplishments she has at her age is laughable considering that it’s the fat MTV paychecks that have paid for those things and not some specialness that she has.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 3

You don't know how right you are!  Check out the TTM "bros" in the video who put their idea on Kickstarter back in 2014.  Unfortunately, they only raised $1,375 of their $8,000 goal, even with a promised freebie to investors.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ttm/things-that-matter-lifestyle

That video is a SNL spoof, right?

"The TTM lifestyle is important. Because you want to know other people who want things. It feels like you're part of something."

"I like this shirt, because it makes me feel skinny. But I can move around in it."

"This shirt is so soft. I can really wear it."

"The words Things That Matter are sewn under the pocket of the shirt. Right near your heart *taps heart* where it counts."

They're not serious... right?

• Love 10

I thought Maci had a social media job?  She clearly sucks at it, since I tried googling those stupid t-shirts and got zero hits for Taylor's company.  Even using her name.   Seriously?  You can't even get your business to come up in a web search?

I did a search on it and came up with articles about customers being mad at Maci since they could only purchase small sizes.  They opened last Black Friday. Personally, I think the shirts are overpriced and not attractive at all.  Are they trying to sell a lifestyle with "Things That Matter"? If, so what exactly is it?  The clothes seem to have nothing to do with anything.  I just don't get it!

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/maci-bookout-clothing-line-controversy-teen-mom-bashed-fashion-high-prices-small-sizes/

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 2

"The TTM lifestyle is important. Because you want to know other people who want things. It feels like you're part of something."

"I like this shirt, because it makes me feel skinny. But I can move around in it."

"The words Things That Matter are sewn under the pocket of the shirt. Right near your heart *taps heart* where it counts."

Um, it should be an SNL spoof.  Because seriously, what..? They are way too serious about these t-shirts. I half expected them to say "when I put on my TTM shirt, I become a superhero"

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

I believe Farrah's sister Ashley has two kids - does Debra have anything to do with them?  Or does she spend all of her time chasing Farrah and Baby Goo around the country being ready and available to be shit on at the drop of a hat?

• Love 10

It is TOTALLY a SNL spoof!! (Except it's not).

My favorite: "The shirts are handcrafted using the finest materials - cotton and polyester!

Then the dorky guy says something like: "I can totally see myself wearing this shirt."

LOL!!

• Love 9

On next week's episode, she attacks her Grandma and retrieves Daddy Derek's Promise Ring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ3zDcmSesQ

Can't. Stop. Laughing. OMG. You win the internet today.

Whoever said Amber and Matt were almost cute while driving to the wedding, I agree. I'll take it even further and say I kind of like Amber. She's dumb and she doesn't know what to do with herself but her heart does seem like it's in the right place. Or something. I hope she gets it together for her and Leah's sakes, and I wish she'd leave Matt.

• Love 5

Theresa  and Brandon don't owe Butch a single, solitary thing.  Brandon and Theresa are Carly's parents.  As such, they didn't even have to bring her to the wedding.  They had ONE request, to not meet Butch, and he couldn't even give them that.  The man was only 3 weeks out of prison, for crying out loud!  All they know about him is that he was/is an abusive drug addict.  I don't blame them for one second for not wanting Butch to talk to them or Carly.

I didn't say they owed him anything. What did it matter if Butch was our of prison for 3 weeks or 3 years? This was Cate & Tyler's wedding, they were bound to run into each other. Did they expect Butch to completely ignore them? All I'm saying is that they didn't have to be best friends with him, but they could've been a little nicer to him for Ty & Cate's sake.

• Love 2

I didn't say they owed him anything. What did it matter if Butch was our of prison for 3 weeks or 3 years? This was Cate & Tyler's wedding, they were bound to run into each other. Did they expect Butch to completely ignore them? All I'm saying is that they didn't have to be best friends with him, but they could've been a little nicer to him for Ty & Cate's sake.

See, I think Butch could have stayed away from Brendon and Teresa and Carly for Tyler and Catelynn's sake..

That was big crowd at a big venue and yes, it would have been easy to avoid Brendon and Teresa and Carly.   He didn't just run into them, he chose to walk over to where they were standing and talk to Carly after specifically being told Teresa didn't want to meet him at all.  

Tyler and Cate opened their home to him, included him in their wedding and genuinely forgave him for unforgivable things all while letting him know he was loved.   He in turn couldn't do the one thing Tyler and Cate  asked him to do that day which was to respect that B&T call the shots on that stuff. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 16

I believe Farrah's sister Ashley has two kids - does Debra have anything to do with them?  Or does she spend all of her time chasing Farrah and Baby Goo around the country being ready and available to be shit on at the drop of a hat?

Edited -- I think I previously posted the wrong Ashley Danielson Twitter Account.  This must be it ("Mommy to Sylvia").  If so, apparently she still lives in Council Bluffs.  Maybe she lives in Debra's house and wisely chose not to be filmed when her mom and Farrah visited.

https://twitter.com/kissmyashhole

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 2

You don't know how right you are! Check out the TTM "bros" in the video who put their idea on Kickstarter back in 2014. Unfortunately, they only raised $1,375 of their $8,000 goal, even with a promised freebie to investors.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ttm/things-that-matter-lifestyle

They didn't even change the company name? I thought TTM stood for "Taylor something Maci", not Things That Matter. I figured they stuck a second T so it wouldn't be like Teen Mom.

Edit: Ktwo beat me to it!

Edited by TaxNerd

These t-shirts remind me of iPad or other tablet cases on Amazon. Every time a new tablet comes out, within a month, the site is flooded with $10-15 cases for them that all look identical. Some manufacturer in China makes millions of these generic cases and then sells them in bulk to companies that punch their own logo into the pleather and then race to the bottom of the price scale to sell them on Amazon.

Did Taylor buy a franchise to sell these shirts or did he buy the company that failed on Kickstarter? If the latter, how foolish. It's not even a "leather" pocket on the shirts. The site linked at Kickstarter says the shirts have a vinyl pocket. If the $35 price posted here is accurate, then they are banking on people who watch TM being willing to pay that just to say they bought from "famous" people. Amazon has a lot of shirts with a "faux" leather pocket. There is nothing to make these things unique and if the "founders" of TTM walked away, seems they were unloading a nonprofitable headache on someone with a pipe dream.

• Love 3

There is nothing to make these things unique and if the "founders" of TTM walked away, seems they were unloading a nonprofitable headache on someone with a pipe dream.

Ah, the "greater fool" theory. I hope the founders at least bought Taylor and Maci a case of Bud Light.

• Love 3

I know I have already commented on Farrah, but I hadn't seen the last 30 minutes of the show yet, and that was even more heartbreaking.  Farrah was just awful, which made Sophia act awful.  It was like Farrah was purposely insulting and upsetting her mother so that Sophia would hate her too.  I have always thought Farrah was bad, but this takes it to a new level.  I honestly don't know what I would do if I was Deborah.  If she tries to stay in Sophia's life, she is just going to push her away because Sophia is at the point where she doesn't like or respect her anymore, and she knows it is okay to insult grandma because mom says it is okay.

If she stays away from Farrah and Sophia, Farrah will say that she doesn't come around and isn't trying to be a part of their lives.  What could she do right at this point?

• Love 8

I know I have already commented on Farrah, but I hadn't seen the last 30 minutes of the show yet, and that was even more heartbreaking. Farrah was just awful, which made Sophia act awful. It was like Farrah was purposely insulting and upsetting her mother so that Sophia would hate her too. I have always thought Farrah was bad, but this takes it to a new level. I honestly don't know what I would do if I was Deborah. If she tries to stay in Sophia's life, she is just going to push her away because Sophia is at the point where she doesn't like or respect her anymore, and she knows it is okay to insult grandma because mom says it is okay.

If she stays away from Farrah and Sophia, Farrah will say that she doesn't come around and isn't trying to be a part of their lives. What could she do right at this point?

100% walk away and focus on setting up a stable life and home for when Sophia inevitably hits her teen years and gets kicked out by Farrah.

Crazy to think that if they don't break the cycle these girls could be grand parents in 10 years.

• Love 9
Listen, I had a totally f-d up childhood.  My father was an abusive alcoholic who beat my mom in front of me and my siblings regularly.  It was like he had a sick need to have an audience.  When I was in middle school and he was only 40 years old? He drank himself to death.  But I made a decision that I was not going to allow my screwed up childhood to define me as an adult.  Farrah?  You need to extract your head out of your false asscheeks and face reality. Quit making excuses and man the hell up.  I can barely watch your segments because you repulse me so completely.

I agree.  I think Debra was not a good mother, but I bet Farrah biggest problem is that she was spoiled rotten.  I think Debra and Michael gave Farrah an extremely high opinion of herself and now Farrah is realizing that what they told her was not true.  The world is not treating her like a special princess and she has no friends or boyfriends willing to put up with her crap.

The reason I say this, is that it has been my experience that the most miserable adults are not one that had horribly abusive or exploitative childhoods.  Look at Cate...her childhood was a nightmare, but she is a loving and caring person.  She is like the anti Farrah, in that she is naturally warm, does not care about her appearance, loves to dote on her kids, has had the same boyfriend for many years who she married, and does not have a lot of ambition or drive.  In all the categories I have mentioned, Farrah is almost on the other end of the spectrum.

I think she thought after the sex tape she would become a socialite, like KIm K and have that lifestyle.  I also remember on the first Teen Mom reunions rumors that she acted pretty stuck up with all the girls because her family had more money then their families.   What she did not realize is that they were still middle class by normal standards and she does not have the resources to gain access to the circles she so desires.

Her anger at her parents stems from allowing her to live in a fool's paradise and how that is not matching up to her reality.  She is never going to get over it and her parents are enabling her behavior like they have done their entire life.

When Maci had her hair up, she sort of reminded me of Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies.  I hope she is not running herself ragged...she is looking a bit aged for her years.

Her t-shirts sold out, but that does not mean they are a success.  Many reality stars can not keep up with production and the businesses tank, because they can not get the product out.

The business, like the house, is another bribe for Taylor to marry her and from what I understand, this one worked.  Yay, Maci...you finally strong armed another reluctant baby daddy to put a ring on your finger.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 11
Sorry but both Farrah and Sofia are so incredibly disrespectful to the mother that her saying %u201CWhen I die all this goes to her%u201D made me sick. Donate your stuff to charity. Why the hell would you leave anything to such a wretched, nasty bitch?

During that scene I was thinking "Um, don't you have another daughter? How nice to proclaim on television that you plan on leaving your inheritance to one of your two children". Also, Farrah is a despicable, horrid person. I wanted to slap her so hard when her mom said "I hope you have a safe flight" and Farrah said "Geesh mom. I'm sure our flight will be fine" in that snotty I-wanna-start-a-fight tone of hers.

The scene with Catelynn and Theresa was actually really touching. I found myself getting a tad misty-eyed during the ceremony, but not enough to distract me from Cate's lipstick color and how "pointed" her top lip was drawn. Not a great look for her, although overall she made a beautiful bride.

I'm liking Taylor less and less with each passing episode, not that I was ever a huge fan to begin with. All of her previous boyfriends seemed innocent enough and likable, though were mostly just background fodder to me. I assumed Taylor would be the same, but it's becoming apparent that he's just a huge user/loser. Has no problem taking Maci's money for business ventures, beer, and vacations, but his disinterest in her romantically is clearly evident.

Speaking of users/losers, hello Matt! You give us Bostonians a bad name. Someone mentioned here that they thought Matt and Amber seemed like a cute couple in the scene when they were driving to the wedding. I saw nothing but a man putting on an act for the cameras and it made me ill. I laughed SO hard when they started going into the "flipping houses" ideas. My husband and I bought a fixer upper this summer that was not in nearly as bad of shape as the house Amber and Matt bought. We had a contractor do the major work, but I spent a TON of time (like over 100 hours over 3 months) painting trim and doors, removing wallpaper, painting cabinets, sanding, etc. My husband and I work full time and have a 2 year-old. The stress of managing the contractor was enough to drive me insane, and this was for a house we were making "our home". I can't imagine Matt and Amber doing 10% of what it takes to flip a house. I can't wait to laugh at their failure.

(If you like before and afters, here's some of our house. We've since put in all new doors, new kitchen counters and backsplash and we still have a ton to do, but we're moved in!) http://imgur.com/gallery/Hhf9G/new

• Love 8

Agree to disagree.   Cate and Ty are lucky Brandon and Theresa came at all so I think it's a little much to expect anything from them once they're there.  They only had ONE request, and that was for Butch to stay away from them and their daughter.  He's an abusive drug addict fresh out of prison.  I don't blame them one tiny bit. 

I don't blame them for not wanting Carly to meet Butch but I don't understand why April was OK. April did everything Butch did except go to prison, and that was probably just pure luck. She was so horrible to Catelynn, I'll never forget when they went shopping for prom dresses and April was emotionally battering Catelynn all damn day. She did it on many occasions but that one really stuck out in my mind and poor Cate just sat there and took it like it was normal.

I wouldn't want that abusive bitch around my goldfish, let alone my child. I can't stand either Butch or April. They need to run off into the sunset and stop using their kids.

Totally agree.   But we don't know what Cate's told her outside of filming either.  April could have very well made genuine amends, who knows.

• Love 5

Butch's attire at the rehearsal. Oh Butch...

Also when the pastor was giving advice on the picture taking they zoomed in on Butch with a very pissed off look on his face. LOL

I tend to associate wearing hats like that with a certain socioeconomic group, and this did not disappoint.  Oh, and my 13-year-old nephew.  He likes to wear a hat.  I'm assuming he'll grow out of it.

And I don't know if this is the scene you're talking about, but the pastor was saying he's learned to move off to the side at the end of the vows so he's not photo-bombing the picture of the kiss.  He added something about avoiding having ugly people, or something, in the photo, and the camera cut to Butch.  I don't like Butch but thought it was kind of harsh.  And hilarious.

ETA: Leaving a verb of out of sentence does not make for clarity; leaving "did not" out really doesn't help things..

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 1

Wait, when did he say that? I'll admit I had trouble staying awake through the whole thing, and kept having to rewind parts. But I didn't hear that. Do I need to amend my previous nice words about him????

Tyler said they would never find him if he ran away because they were joking around.  Cate asked if he was going to bail again.  They were laughing and he said if he did he would run away so she could never find him (because he knows if he pulls that shit again then she's going to kill him).  

What about the fathers or other adults?  Poor Nick.  He's sitting there overhearing Tyler's speech about attempted suicide, and even piped up and Tyler was like, "Oh, I forgot he was here," and then he continued on with comments about rope burns around his neck.  WTF?

And then in the car, Nick was in the back seat when Tyler and Butch were talking about BrandonandTeresa not wanting Butch to meet Carly, etc.  Why is he hearing all that?  Because he's so used to watching Butch and April fight, or Butch and Tyler fight, or April and Caitlyn fight, that they figure he can take it? 

I have seen in these past few episodes that Tyler just lacks any sort of tack when speaking to people.  Which I think is just who he is. He just blurts stuff out emotionless not even thinking how it will effect the people around him.  Like the way he just casually mentioned he tried to kill himself.  Then in the van he casually says "oh they don't want to meet you'.  like heyyyyyyy dude, you could ease into that a little!  So it's obviously he doesnt just treat Cate that way, he treats everyone in his life that way. He's just a no filter type of person.

Brandon and Teresa specifically said that they did not want Butch (my spell check keep changing it to bitch) introduced to Carley so it wasn't so much what he said to her it was the fact that he approached her at all. I guess it really doesn't matter since Carley didn't seem all that affected by the encounter and probably forgot all about the strange old man the moment he walked away.

Did they though?? I don't remember anything being said that he was to stay away from Carly.  Both Tyler and Cate said that THERESA said SHE did not want to meet him.  Then in talking with Tyler Butch says he's not sure how he should handle the situation, should he just stay away from them?  Tyler says yea probably.

Maci said something about barely keeping their heads above water when they were talking about buying the t shirts. How is that possible?! Does she have nothing saved from all the hundreds of thousands of dollars she has made over the past 7 years?

She was speaking in terms of time commitment, not money.

I agree - you can't go to a function and demand someone stay away from you.  Which they actually didn't do.  Theresa said SHE did not want to meet Butch.  I don't believe there was ever anything stated that Theresa said Butch was to stay away from Carly.  I think they would know that's impossible. 

And I actually think it speaks VOLUMES that they showed up to the wedding.  It would be so easy for them to say they didn't want to attend because of the cameras, but they didn't.  And Carly wanted to dance with Tyler, which I think means a close bond is there. 

And I was on the side that Theresa and her husband should close the adoption but now I'm not so sure. 

I also found it interesting that they purposely showed Cate's dad going up to Carly immediately after Butch did.  Almost like he was thinking "oh well butch did it.. so that means it's ok for me to do it"  But I think the way Butch did it was very nice and appropriate.  Cate dad had to add in the "I'm Cate's dad!" Butch was quick, he said hi and then went away. And he didn't want to drag Tyler into it which I thought was also nice.  

It almost seemed like April had met Carly before?? Carly hugged her and I don't think Carly would do that to a stranger? 

And I think Cate looked beautiful and the wedding looked nice and it looked like they had a lot of fun which is all that matters.  I was kinda shocked at how nice April and Kim looked.  Both of their dresses were gorgeous. 

• Love 4

There was an animated clip-thing they do before commercials that showed a balloon with the name Deborah in it.  And it came up on the screen that showed Sophia in bed.  Very, very subtly (you'd miss it if you blinked) Sophia moved her pointer finger and it popped the balloon. I watched it a good half dozen times just to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.  Anyone else notice this?

• Love 8

I crack up every time Farrah mentions, "My business trip to the U.K." It was a stint on Celebrity Big Brother where she was a raging loon and bonded with fellow porn star Jenna Jameson!

Didn't she get kicked off pretty quick too? 

• Love 3

I got the best laugh I've had in a LONG time replaying the scene in the car with Farrah and her mom -- watching the driver's face. I stopped the DVR and replayed it several times, laughing my ass off. POOR GUY. You can see the cartoon balloon above his head: "They said there would be cameras in the car but I didn't sign up for this!" I laughed so hard my cat came running up to see what was wrong with me!

• Love 2

Didn't she get kicked off pretty quick too? 

Yes, and she got into a physical altercation with another participant during an after show.  The live broadcast actually went off the air because of the confrontation.  Everywhere Farrah goes, she pisses people off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3415264/Former-Big-Brother-contestant-set-face-trial-throwing-champagne-reality-TV-star-s-dress-live-row-evictions-cost-15-000-taxpayer.html

• Love 3

There was an animated clip-thing they do before commercials that showed a balloon with the name Deborah in it.  And it came up on the screen that showed Sophia in bed.  Very, very subtly (you'd miss it if you blinked) Sophia moved her pointer finger and it popped the balloon. I watched it a good half dozen times just to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.  Anyone else notice this?

I didn't see this but I have noticed a lot of other amusingly subtle editing choices. A few episodes back when Farrah was at the petting zoo she made a comment regarding the goats giant balls and there was a very quick edit to a shot of her face, eyes darting downward to about the level of goat balls then kind of flashing a creepy approving smile. I rewound that one twice and gave it a round of applause afterward.

• Love 1

I get that Farrah probably had a shitty childhood and a shitty mother growing up.  But her carrying so much of that over into Sophia's life is just ridiculous.  

Most of the time grandparents treat their grandkids better than their own kids anyways. She could have kept Debra out of Sophia's life but she's not and it's getting to the point where it's just downright cruel the way she's treating Debra, especially when Sophia can hear it. 

And yes, the only reason why Debra is sticking around is because of Sophia.  My mom was scared to speak up about a situation with my brother and his addict baby mama, all because she was worried my brother would the grandkids away from them... and my brother isn't even like that! He's the most laid back person I know.  Yet my mom was still afraid.  That's how strong the power of a grandchild is.

• Love 5

I didn't see this but I have noticed a lot of other amusingly subtle editing choices. A few episodes back when Farrah was at the petting zoo she made a comment regarding the goats giant balls and there was a very quick edit to a shot of her face, eyes darting downward to about the level of goat balls then kind of flashing a creepy approving smile. I rewound that one twice and gave it a round of applause afterward.

I love those tiny moments of editor sass that just show how over it they are.  Another "victim" of editor sass was Leah, but it was much more blatant.  Like when they repeatedly zoomed in on the clock when she was feeding the girlses spaghettios at midnight, and when they slapped her with the cartoon bacon.  I don't have too much pity for the production team, because they really do manipulate these girls into thinking they're "family," when it's obvious that their first loyalty will always be to MTV. But my heart isn't hard enough to not pity someone that has to spend time with Farrah.

• Love 6

At the wedding reception there was a little dark haired girl just siting in front of the wedding party table. My first thought was maybe Sophia crashed the wedding.

Why was that kid sitting there?

A few episodes back when Farrah was at the petting zoo she made a comment regarding the goats giant balls and there was a very quick edit to a shot of her face, eyes darting downward to about the level of goat balls then kind of flashing a creepy approving smile. I rewound that one twice and gave it a round of applause afterward.

Were those really the goat's balls?  I thought it had to be an udder.

• Love 1

At the wedding reception there was a little dark haired girl just siting in front of the wedding party table. My first thought was maybe Sophia crashed the wedding.

Why was that kid sitting there?

Think that was Lexis, the one Catelynn gave the pearls to.  Amber's daughter maybe?  Why she was sitting there?  No idea.

And for those who asked about the name/pronunciation:  it's just like the car.  When I was teaching that was a fairly common name.

• Love 2
I don't blame them for not wanting Carly to meet Butch but I don't understand why April was OK. April did everything Butch did except go to prison, and that was probably just pure luck. She was so horrible to Catelynn, I'll never forget when they went shopping for prom dresses and April was emotionally battering Catelynn all damn day. She did it on many occasions but that one really stuck out in my mind and poor Cate just sat there and took it like it was normal.

I wouldn't want that abusive bitch around my goldfish, let alone my child. I can't stand either Butch or April. They need to run off into the sunset and stop using their kids.

It's true that both were addicts and both were nasty to Tyler and Catelynn, but Butch beat the crap out of April and I don't recall April ever getting physical. Isn't that WHY he went to prison? Domestic charges (maybe on top of other stuff)? Maybe that was the determining factor, who knows. But it's still their call. 

• Love 3

It's true that both were addicts and both were nasty to Tyler and Catelynn, but Butch beat the crap out of April and I don't recall April ever getting physical. Isn't that WHY he went to prison? Domestic charges (maybe on top of other stuff)? Maybe that was the determining factor, who knows. But it's still their call.

I've been both physically and emotionally abused. The concept that it's only abuse if it gets physical really REALLY upsets me. My bruises and broken bones have all healed but I can still hear those words all these years later. You don't have to have the crap beat out of you to be abused. There were times I would beg my ex husband to stop talking and hit me instead because being hit hurt a lot less.

• Love 7

Nice! (I love looking at this stuff).

Wow! Great job! The flooring is beautiful. I did the same in my house. I made the mistake of renting out my house while I finished up business in NV. Renters trashed it so bad I nearly had to start from scratch. No green carpet though. The renter painted every room a shiny dark brown. Without my permission.

I can't see Amber and anybody doing a flip or reno. I nearly lost my shit. Heee It's been a year and I'm still not right! 

Did Brandon and Teressa ever actually agree to meeting April or did it just sort of happen without prior notice and that's why they're being a little more clear about their boundaries. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a piece of the puzzle we are missing. Like maybe Butch tried to contact them from prision or maybe April has asked for money (does anyone else think she looks like she's using again? She looks rougher than at Nova's baby shower) so they are trying to establish some distance with the family. Whatever the reason, I'm not going to question wanting to keep Butch as far from Carly as possible.

Deborah is scary. I've never liked her, but that tantrum in the kitchen was beyond. Want to know where your bat-shit crazy daughter learned her tricks then just look in the mirror.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 2

Random detail: why would Farrah have Michael in Facetime while she and Sophia were distracted and looking in the mirror? Why not just call if you're not going to make eye contact?

I wondered that too. In all seriousness, does Farrah know you don't have to FaceTime on an iPhone? I feel like she's always using the FaceTime feature even when it doesn't make sense. Maybe she thinks that's just how the phone works.

• Love 2

I wondered that too. In all seriousness, does Farrah know you don't have to FaceTime on an iPhone? I feel like she's always using the FaceTime feature even when it doesn't make sense. Maybe she thinks that's just how the phone works.

Farrah honestly does seem that dim, but the crazy thing is that as soon as she hung up with Michael (does "hung up" apply with facetime?  I'll go with it) she immediately called Debra, just on the phone.  So she does know how to do both.  

Were those really the goat's balls?  I thought it had to be an udder.

Yes it was the udder lol 

Did Brandon and Teressa ever actually agree to meeting April or did it just sort of happen without prior notice and that's why they're being a little more clear about their boundaries. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a piece of the puzzle we are missing. Like maybe Butch tried to contact them from prision or maybe April has asked for money (does anyone else think she looks like she's using again? She looks tougher than at Nova's baby shower) so they are trying to establish some distance with the family. Whatever the reason, I'm not going to question wanting to keep Butch as far from Carly as possible.

Deborah is scary. I've never liked her, but that tantrum in the kitchen was beyond. Want to know where your bat-shut crazy daughter learned her tricks then just look in the mirror.

I think Cate specially said that Theresa said she didn't want to meet Butch because of the way he treated her (Catelynn) back when Carly was adopted.  Not because he was in jail, but because of the type of person he was back then.   

April was a nasty piece of crap back then too.

Farrah honestly does seem that dim, but the crazy thing is that as soon as she hung up with Michael (does "hung up" apply with facetime?  I'll go with it) she immediately called Debra, just on the phone.  So she does know how to do both.  

I thought for sure she was going to face time Michael while at the dinner table with Debra (when she called to ask if he was lying) and I was shocked when she just called him like normal lol

Edited by gunderda

I thought Sophia should have been wearing a life jacket when they were in the boat.  Yeah or no?

I don't have much boating experience, but once when my family rented a little boat for a couple of hours (it was in Disney World) my younger brother and sister (both were under age 12) had to wear life vests, and I think my parents had to sign waivers.    My parents made all of us wear them, but theoretically, they could have told us all to take them off once we got away from the dock, because what were the Disney people going to do if they didn't see us not wearing the life vests?  So I wouldn't be surprised if whoever rented that little boat to Farrah told her to put a life vest on Baby Goo, but Farrah barked at them that it would ruin the pictures and they just made her sign a waiver and backed off.

I thought for sure she was going to face time Michael while at the dinner table with Debra (when she called to ask if he was lying) and I was shocked when she just called him like normal lol

That would have been extra confrontational.  It would have also given Debra the chance to look at Michael and appeal to him directly.  I don't think that Farrah wants to take any chances on the two of them agreeing that she's a piece of crap.  He might not be married to Debra anymore, but he seemed really annoyed at Farrah.

• Love 3

The [iowa] law states "a person shall not operate a vessel in Iowa unless every person on board the vessel who is age 12 and under is wearing a U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket." A lifejacket must be worn when the vessel is underway, which means when a vessel is not at anchor, tied to a dock or the bank/shore or aground.

A child age 12 and under in an enclosed cabin, below deck, or aboard a commercial vessel with a capacity of 25 persons or more is exempt.
There are only two states remaining without some age requirement for lifejackets for children - Wisconsin and Virginia.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/45468412.html

• Love 2

I thought Sophia should have been wearing a life jacket when they were in the boat.

Eh, she's 6, she can swim, it looked like a rid in a man made pond without any current. If she fell in I'd be more worried about the water being dirty than her drowning.