Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i read elsewhere he is going to be a jackhole..

Of course he will, of course.  Because having Ashley's scorn isn't enough for Jack.

Damn show.

• Love 14
(edited)

I can see it now.....Phyllis will start making googly eyes at Kyle, thinking her superannuated charms will make him melt like rancid butter so she can get him to spill whatever dastardly plans he has for Jack, ButtBiscuit will feel neglected cuz she's now using a Kyle  phone charger instead of his, Dummer will return and get the sads because she'll think Moms and her ex-brother have the hots for each other and she and her ex-uncle Beely will fall into each other's nostrils, and The Young and the Restless will officially become Days of Our Lives.

Oh joy.

Edited by boes
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, boes said:

I can see it now.....Phyllis will start making googly eyes at Kyle, thinking her superannuated charms will make him melt like rancid butter so she can get him to spill whatever dastardly plans he has for Jack, ButtBiscuit will feel neglected cuz she's now using a Kyle  phone charger instead of his, Dummer will return and get the sads because she'll think Moms and her ex-brother have the hots for each other and she and her ex-uncle Beely will fall into each other's nostrils, and The Young and the Restless will officially become Days of Our Lives.

Oh joy.

i've never watched days of our lives but your post made me laugh..

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i've never watched days of our lives but your post made me laugh..

Days is made up of lots of near-incestuous misses and a few head-on collisions.  

• Love 8
On 2/25/2018 at 12:25 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

On another big soap forum someone mentioned almost offhandedly that AH is leaving the show. This is supposedly happening in conjunction with however JT's storyline wraps up. Has anyone heard this? That would be major news, soap-wise. (And of course when I went back to re-read the comment it had been deleted. DUN DUN DUNNNN!)

I haven’t heard this but I pray to the soap gods that it is true. If only. I fear she is a lifer.

• Love 3

Has anyone heard anything about how Kristoff St. John is doing, if or when he'll be returning?  

He's had such a tough go of it these past years, but still showing up and giving his best even though the show gave him anything BUT.  I hope he's going to be okay.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, boes said:

Has anyone heard anything about how Kristoff St. John is doing, if or when he'll be returning?  

He's had such a tough go of it these past years, but still showing up and giving his best even though the show gave him anything BUT.  I hope he's going to be okay.

I just saw on his Instagram that he was getting a hair cut to head back to work 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i wonder if gt does commercials..

i saw one for some online printing place and the lady in the one commercial looked TO ME like it could be gt.

I don't know about commercials but she did do an episode of the Sopranos back in the day, played a nurse and did a fine job.  Not a snarl in sight.

• Love 3
On 15/02/2018 at 12:08 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

Just saw on SOC that Robert Adamson is out as Noah. There was not any indication whether they plan to recast the role or they're just going to have him move off somewhere.

Thank god for small miracles.. shitty actor and a shitty character.. but this show is tanking so bad.. worst it has ever been IMO.

• Love 1

I happened to stumble across this article.  I had no idea Judith Chapman briefly subbed for Jess Walton as Jill...

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2015/jill-foster-abbot-through-the-years-the-actresses-who-brought-her-to-life-on-yr-vote-for-your-favourite-poll/

Judith Chapman

Judith’s Y&R history is very interesting. The Greenville, South Carolina born actress subbed in briefly for Jess Walton in 1994 playing Jill Abbot then came back a decade later in 2005 to take over the role of Gloria Fisher Abbott who is a frenemy of Jill and on and off again rival. Prior to her initial role playing Jill Abbott on the Young and the Restless, Judith had small roles on the soaps As the World Turns, One Life to Live, General Hospital, Days of Our Lives and Ryan’s Hope. She also appeared on a number of hit shows of the 70s and 80s in guest roles including Fantasy Island, Kojak, Barnaby Jones, The Incredible Hulk, Magnum PI and The Love Boat. She also had featured recurring roles on The Fall Guy, Murder She Wrote and Silk Stalkings. Judith took on the role of Gloria Fisher Abbott in 2005 and continues in that role.

• Love 10

TV Guide has an article about the show's upcoming 45th anniversary. There will be a 100th anniversary celebration for Walnut Grove Academy so people will come back to visit.  I think the first mention of WGA was during the teen Billy, JT, Mac storyline. Mal listed five unforgettable storylines: Victor and Nikki, Katherine's face-lift, Cassie's death, Shelia vs. Lauren, and Cricket's rape. Thank goodness he didn't mention Philly. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

TV Guide has an article about the show's upcoming 45th anniversary. There will be a 100th anniversary celebration for Walnut Grove Academy so people will come back to visit.  I think the first mention of WGA was during the teen Billy, JT, Mac storyline. Mal listed five unforgettable storylines: Victor and Nikki, Katherine's face-lift, Cassie's death, Shelia vs. Lauren, and Cricket's rape. Thank goodness he didn't mention Philly. 

Cricket's rape by Paul? 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Cricket's rape by Paul? 

Michael Baldwin held Christine prisoner and tried to rape her but Paul saved her and shot Michael.  Michael went to jail for 4 years and came back a "changed man".

• Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

Michael Baldwin held Christine prisoner and tried to rape her but Paul saved her and shot Michael.  Michael went to jail for 4 years and came back a "changed man".

Yes, I remember this vividly. But I questioned it because I knew Michael's attempt wasn't successful. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DivaT said:

Yes, I remember this vividly. But I questioned it because I knew Michael's attempt wasn't successful. 

I figured it had been worded badly but then Capricasix filled us in on her date rape.  I didn't know about that one at all.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, bannana said:

But wasn't Cricket also "date raped" by Paul?  I remember I just started sporadically watching at that time, and it was pretty disturbing.

Yes although I didn't remember a bit of it until I looked up the character.  When Chris was getting romantic with Michael after he was released from jail for trying to rape her (what WAS it about these romances with rapists soaps were so thrilled with back in the 80's anyway??), this happened.....

From Wikipedia - 

Michael proudly announced to Paul that he got engaged to Christine, which angered Paul who punched Michael and then forced himself on Christine, although Chris never said no to him. Paul was, at the time, married to Isabella. The following morning, Christine went to see Paul in L.A. and made love to him, then disappeared for a few weeks, leaving Michael and Paul wondering what's going on.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

But wasn't Cricket also "date raped" by Paul?  I remember I just started sporadically watching at that time, and it was pretty disturbing.

It was definitely disturbing and as I recall there were a lot of heated internet arguments about it. What bothered me the most is that TPTB seemed to be saying that women can't be trusted to determine whether they were raped or not. I think Y&R seemed to have largely backed off that angle with women but are now using it more with men as the victims. (Most recently, Jack and Cane.) B&B however seems, IMO, to be staying solidly in the "men can't be raped and women can't be trusted to give clear consent" lane. Ugh.

• Love 9

The 2018 Daytime Emmy noms:

BEST DRAMA SERIES
“The Bold and the Beautiful”
“Days of Our Lives”
“General Hospital”
“The Young and the Restless”

BEST ACTOR
Peter Bergman, “The Young and the Restless”
Michael Easton, “General Hospital”
John McCook “The Bold and the Beautiful”
Billy Miller, “General Hospital”
James Reynolds, “Days of Our Lives”

BEST ACTRESS
Eileen Davidson, “The Young and the Restless”
Nancy Lee Grahn, “General Hospital”
Marci Miller, “Days of Our Lives”
Maura West, “General Hospital”
Laura Wright, “General Hospital”

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Wally Kurth, “General Hospital”
Chandler Massey, “Days of Our Lives”
Anthony Montgomery, “General Hospital”
Greg Rikaart, “The Young and the Restless”
Greg Vaughan, “Days of Our Lives”

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Marla Adams, “The Young and the Restless”
Camryn Grimes, “The Young and the Restless”

Susan Seaforth Hayes, “Days of Our Lives”
Elizabeth Hendrickson, “The Young and the Restless”
Mishal Morgan, “The Young and the Restless”

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, “The Bold and the Beautiful”

BEST YOUNGER ACTOR
Lucas Adams, “Days of Our Lives”
Rome Flynn, “The Bold and the Beautiful”
Tristan Lake Leabu, “The Young and the Restless”
Casey Moss, “Days of Our Lives”
Hudson West, “General Hospital”

BEST YOUNGER ACTRESS
Reign Edwards, “The Bold and the Beautiful”
Hayley Erin, “General Hospital”
Cait Fairbanks, “The Young and the Restless”
Olivia Rose Keegan, “Days of Our Lives”
Chloe Lanier, “General Hospital”

BEST GUEST PERFORMER
Ryan Ashton, “The Young and the Restless”
Robb Derringer, “Days of Our Lives”
John Enos, “Days of Our Lives”
Morgan Fairchild, “Days of Our Lives”
Vernee Watson, “General Hospital”

That best supporting actress category is a joke, IMO. Either the votes will go solid for MA or all the YR noms will cancel each other out.

• Love 5

Mishal Morgan is a lead on the show. Part of what makes the Daytime Emmys a joke is how they try to hedge their bets by putting veterans who were more supporting into "lead" and vice versa. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Mishal Morgan is a lead on the show. Part of what makes the Daytime Emmys a joke is how they try to hedge their bets by putting veterans who were more supporting into "lead" and vice versa. 

Not just the Emmy's, all acting awards do the same. Viola Davis put herself in Best Supporting Actress Oscar category, not lead  because she'd have a better chance of the Oscar. Even though she was the lead female of that movie.

• Love 2

Yeah, Mike MacDonald was pretty well-known among comedians here. Truthfully, I thought he was the brother of Norm MacDonald from SNL, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. (Canucks, his older brother is Neil MacDonald of the CBC.)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

You mean you don't think Jacqueline MacInnes Wood is a master at her craft? ;-)

Only if her craft is sucking all the emotion, momentum and quality out of a scene. To have her nominated in the same category as Marla Adams and Camryn Grimes is a cruel, unfunny joke. Man, if only there was a Razzies type of award for soaps...

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Only if her craft is sucking all the emotion, momentum and quality out of a scene.

Well, if this is what the nomination is for, she should win every time! :)

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Greg Rikaart and Eileen Davidson?!? Are you fucking kidding me???

Daytime Emmys have become the kindergarten graduation equivalent of the entertainment business.

Everyone is a winner!

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Greg Rikaart and Eileen Davidson?!? Are you fucking kidding me???

and the chick who plays tessa is nominated for younger actress roll my effing eyes...

and alyvia who can act circles around her is not...

and of course mal's wife is also nominated for her song....

• Love 6

I saw on Twitter this morning that Scott Reeves is supposed to return to Y&R. How's that supposed to happen? I thought Tricia Dennison shot him in the stomach and killed him back when he was waiting for Victoria to walk down the aisle to marry him. Is he supposed to play a new character or what?

• Love 5

Only the actors and actresses who were pushed by TPTB last year got nominations with the noted exception of GT, JT, and AH. It's not a coincidence. Just look at the supporting female category. When is the last time they had that many nominees? 

• Love 1
On 3/23/2018 at 9:22 AM, Toomuchsoap said:

I saw on Twitter this morning that Scott Reeves is supposed to return to Y&R. How's that supposed to happen? I thought Tricia Dennison shot him in the stomach and killed him back when he was waiting for Victoria to walk down the aisle to marry him. Is he supposed to play a new character or what?

a long lost unknown identical twin who was stolen/hidden/givenup shows up?

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Did Scott's character have any children?  If so, he could play his own son!

let's see.......

he had relationship with nina and drove vikki to a sex therapist...

he had relationship with tricia dennison who was nucken futz who tried to kill vikki at vikki and ryan's wedding....

maybe it was someone off screen during his university days before he started work in newman's mail room.

• Love 4