Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, miamama said:

Good thing Billy is there to pick up the pieces. ?

It helps that he can hoover up the pieces with his nostrils. Man, Buttbiscuit is living the dream. He gets Jack’s wife and Jack’s father and will probably get Jack’s company. Victor is stuck with Vyle, though I’m sure Billy will eventually  take Kyle under his hipster doofus wing and teach him the fine art of wearing skinny pants and how to maximize your gains from fucking over Jack. Of course, after Jack is publicly humiliated and goes to the dark side, everyone will be horrified and unable to forgive him. If only he had a mustache and embalming fluid on his breath! Then Jack could mumble about his fambly and earn eternal redemption from the judgmental jagoffs he has the misfortune to be surrounded by.

Abby still can’t find an unattached man. 

Am I supposed to give a shit if Nikki goes back to her abuser? Because I don’t. And do we really need Victor and Nick playing white knight on Victoria’s behalf? So not interested in Nick dragging his knuckles around town and grunting about revenge. Not dead JT can just spot the trail of banana peels and baboon scat and head in the opposite direction.

• Love 15

Two things before I take my nap - - - - - 

1.  The DNA test the Grey Gardens Mother/Daughter duo ran only proved that JACK and TRACI have DIFFERENT FATHERS.  At least as I understand it.  As far as I know, DNA results don't come back with a "You're NOT an Abbott" check.  So maybe it's Traci who isn't an Abbott?

2.  And, if true, and that leaves ButtBiscuit as the only male Abbott offspring, then the Abbott gene pool is in fact a fetid pool of nostril slime and  not something Jack should want to be swimming in.  Traci excepted, of course and always.

But really, Show, ADDRESS THE FIRST POINT, PLEASE!

Shouting done, nap proceeding......

• Love 16
6 hours ago, miamama said:

What I meant to say is I really thought they would undo this story quickly but I don’t know now. He is going to be Jack Not Abbott. 

Sigh. 

The upside is that now Billy Munster never slept with his brother's wife, so it's all good!  This is all about Billy.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Then Jack could mumble about his fambly and earn eternal redemption from the judgmental jagoffs he has the misfortune to be surrounded by.

@NinjaPenguins, you wouldn't happen to be from the Steel City, would yinz?  "Jagoff" is the ultimate slur around these parts (and I thought it was only around these parts)! My mother uses it often when she's watching Penguins games or every time Steffy Forrester opens her mouth or when the news has a story about a certain orange person.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 8

I am a lifelong New Englander, though I did pick up “jagoff” from a Pennsylvania native I once worked with. He also loved calling people jabronis, which was weird because this guy definitely did not watch wrestling. 

Jagoff is the nicest thing I call Steffy Forrester, the buttbiscuit of The Bold and the Beautiful. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

@NinjaPenguins, you wouldn't happen to be from the Steel City, would yinz?  "Jagoff" is the ultimate slur around these parts (and I thought it was only around these parts)! My mother uses it often when she's watching Penguins games or every time Steffy Forrester opens her mouth or when the news has a story about a certain orange person.

Interesting!  We used "jagoff" in Dubuque (the Rome of the Midwest, in case you didn't know), too.  

A derogatory term, though not as bad as ButtBiscuit.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I’m going to use this word “jagoff” Thnx guys. ;)

So Nick is going after JT for hurting Victor- knocking him down the stairs in a fight, then trying to finish him off at the hospital.

But he was cool with his dad for having Jack kidnapped, tortured, raped, his wife raped, his family living with a murderer unknowingly, and then shooting Jack in the chest. All just a wee  misunderstanding. I mean Jack recovered. 

But THIS? His revolting beast of a father harmed? And then HIS sister assaulted. THAT calls for his stupid self righteous constipated expression and we are supposed to give a fuck?

Mal just expects us to forget recent history and sorry no can do. Neil is a kidnapper and Victor is Satan. And Billy and Phyllis are cheating trash.

Not one scene that refuses to acknowledge these FACTS will have any emotional resonance for me. EVER.

And yeah @NinjaPenguins Jack will go dark and invite more abuse because he will deserve it according to show’s moral compass.

Every H.W. fucks this show up just a little (sometimes a lot) more than his or her predecessor. 

• Love 15

And yet one thing remains consistent, miamama, and that’s dragging Jack through the mud. It’s bad enough having Victor always get the upper hand, but over the years Jack’s own family has gotten in on the action. And now we reach the final insult, that John isn’t his father. Well, there’s always making Victor Kyle’s father, but that would almost be a blessing at this point.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Well, there’s always making Victor Kyle’s father, but that would almost be a blessing at this point.

i wish they would but then they would have to do something about dummer cause she and vyle had sessytimes...

unless of course they make dummer jack's spawn instead of nick's.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, boes said:

Interesting!  We used "jagoff" in Dubuque (the Rome of the Midwest, in case you didn't know), too.  

A derogatory term, though not as bad as ButtBiscuit.

Bosco used to use that term a lot on "Third Watch" set in N.Y. I used to use it back then but had forgotten about it over the years. Thanks for the reminder. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Visiting relatives in Pennsyltuckey I heard a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch expressions. Like "red up your room" and "throw mama from the train a kiss" and "throw papa down the stairs a towel" and some Yiddish.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

And yet one thing remains consistent, miamama, and that’s dragging Jack through the mud. It’s bad enough having Victor always get the upper hand, but over the years Jack’s own family has gotten in on the action. And now we reach the final insult, that John isn’t his father. Well, there’s always making Victor Kyle’s father, but that would almost be a blessing at this point.

Yep. Let’s itemize:

Under MAB Jack was raped by Patti, then fooled into marrying her and fucking her for months. Something for which he was mocked and which led to Emily dumping him (instead of being called rape it was called “stupid Jack”). Then Patti shot him and he ended up in a wheelchair and got dumped by Nikki on their wedding night (when she RAN back to Victor) after working like hell to stand up for his vows.

Under JFP-Griffith Jack got hooked on drugs and tricked into thinking he killed a woman (by Victor who mocked his addiction). Then he was told Summer was his daughter, lost Phyllis - with whom he had reconnected - to a coma. She came back six months later (during which time “his” daughter kept wanting Daddy Nick instead of Jack) to announce Summer wasn’t in fact his. Oops he re-lost a paternity war.

Then under JFP-Pratt he had a doppelgänger and was tortured, raped etc and finally shot only to get zero justice. In fact his wife (who blamed him for, well, everything), started fucking his brother and the cheaters’ love story took centre stage.

Under Mal-Sally he was berated by his sisters for not being nicer to the brother who fucked his wife.

Under Mal he has remained romantically alone while Philly are romcom sexay. When he tried to look after his sick mother his sister worked to steal his job. His asshole son is back hating on him and plotting with Victor for whose attempted murder an innocent Jack spent time in jail. (Though he actually saved Victor’s life.) And now he will learn he’s not his beloved father’s son. 

I probably missed some more crap that has been dumped on Jack. 

• Love 22
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, boes said:

The DNA test the Grey Gardens Mother/Daughter duo ran only proved that JACK and TRACI have DIFFERENT FATHERS. 

Plus, they're trusting details given by someone who has Alzheimer's, so it's very possible that Dina is mixing up Jack's paternity with Traci's and she's the one who isn't John's.  Or maybe neither of them is John's.  At this point, I don't even know why I care, because TPTB are going to do whatever idiot thing they want without giving a fig whether it makes sense.

10 hours ago, miamama said:

When he tried to look after his sick mother his sister worked to steal his job.

As we were stuck hearing on an endless loop "after what he did to me/you" from Ashley and her moron daughter.

• Love 14

When you lay it all out like that, miamama, it makes me think Jack should be played by a punching bag with PB’s face glued on it. 

Don’t forget he also lost the Faith paternity sweepstakes too, because Thick Nick just needed another daughter.

• Love 14
On 2018-04-22 at 2:37 PM, jewel21 said:

Bosco used to use that term a lot on "Third Watch" set in N.Y. I used to use it back then but had forgotten about it over the years. Thanks for the reminder. 

Oh, I loved Third Watch! My older son, when he was a toddler, had a thing for the theme song ? (Crystal Method, anyone?)

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Oh, I loved Third Watch! My older son, when he was a toddler, had a thing for the theme song ? (Crystal Method, anyone?)

It was such a good show. I just wish it had been released on DVD. Only the first two seasons were and it kills me. I watch Chicago Fire and Chicago PD in the hopes it'll be like TW, but those shows just don't compare. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Pickles said:

Who is this new guy going to play? Why in the world did he hashtag Bill Cosby?! 

I wonder if the Show is casting Moses, Sophia's son?

Or is Hillary going to skip all those messy infant years and just give birth to a 24 year old?

• Love 15

He's the right age for Nate, Olivia's son and Lily and Devon's cousin. However, Nate is supposed to be an established doctor so this actor might be too young for that. I don't want him to be Moses because Lily and Devon were adults when Moses was born. Now he'd be only a few years younger than them unless they're now trying to pretend like Lily and Devon are both well into their 30s. It'd be like SORASed Summer and how she wasn't much younger than Mariah and Noah. Summer was only conceived because of Mariah's twin's death at age 14 so that never worked.

Had a look at some of this guy's social media. There seem to be a number of people who are still making excuses for Cosby and this actor appears to be one of them.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

He's the right age for Nate, Olivia's son and Lily and Devon's cousin. However, Nate is supposed to be an established doctor so this actor might be too young for that. I don't want him to be Moses because Lily and Devon were adults when Moses was born. Now he'd be only a few years younger than them unless they're now trying to pretend like Lily and Devon are both well into their 30s. It'd be like SORASed Summer and how she wasn't much younger than Mariah and Noah. Summer was only conceived because of Mariah's twin's death at age 14 so that never worked.

Had a look at some of this guy's social media. There seem to be a number of people who are still making excuses for Cosby and this actor appears to be one of them.

It would be great if it was Nate (I rhymed!).  Last we saw of him was back when Cane faked his death, I think.

But I have no faith in Mal and Co. not sorasing Moses or doing any other dumbass thing.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nice hire, show. Supporting a rapist and doing so in a completely unrelated announcement about a new job. 

• Love 15

The Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards have been announced. Y&R got two:

• Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing for a Drama Series
  • Outstanding Hairstyling for a Drama Series

I don't what to make of the camera award (except I vaguely recall Mal doing some artsy-fartsy stuff at one time and not feeling very impressed by it in context). However, outstanding hairstyling? Seriously? IMO there are only two characters whose hair consistently looks great and that's Hilary and Mariah. Everybody else? Hit and miss, mostly miss.

ETA: Went back and reviewed my comment history out of curiosity, and then rewatched the video. Last December there was an episode that opened with close-up shots of Victoria's bejeweled hand and Abby's nervously shifty eyes. They were waiting in Victor's office for some dreaded reason. It was also the episode where there was a shot of a helicopter landing on the front lawn of Chancellor Mansion. Then back right before Halloween there was a shot of a Dia de los Muertos mask that dissolved to reveal a close-up of Zack's face. Yep, award-winning stuff right there.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, Pickles said:

Who is this new guy going to play? Why in the world did he hashtag Bill Cosby?! 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, boes said:

I wonder if the Show is casting Moses, Sophia's son?

Or is Hillary going to skip all those messy infant years and just give birth to a 24 year old?

Perhaps Blue Kimble is Hillary's new inseminator now that Darvon is "done" baby-making with her ... Bridge-burning is inconvenient when you need that same bridge to cross.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Camryn Grimes (Mariah) won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series! And she looked fierce in a red (ish?) dress.

I am very happy about this, she is one of the few actors to even pay attention to on Y and R.

• Love 10
On 4/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, jenrising said:

Nice hire, show. Supporting a rapist and doing so in a completely unrelated announcement about a new job. 

He's got a lot of problematic social media posts. Oy

• Love 3

He's got a lot of problematic social media posts. Oy

He sure does. I'm surprised the show hired him but maybe they figure only a small portion of the audience would know or be bothered about it. Wonder if someone BTS simply didn't do their homework? Whatever, at this point I'm just hoping he his character isn't going to be biologically connected to any of the legacy characters.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Congrats to her. I shut the video off after PB didn't win best actor. It seems to have been mostly DOOL's night for the awards.

I feel like PB is so regularly nominated that he gets ignored. He’s like the long-standing piece of furniture that’s really solid and great and so simply isn’t seen anymore. I don’t know how else to explain how year after hear he fails to win against weaker actors.

Pleased for CG. 

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Camryn Grimes (Mariah) won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series! And she looked fierce in a red (ish?) dress.

i saw a picture of her in the red dress.....she is da bomb..

a well deserved emmy win for camryn too.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

16 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Eileen Davidson won. She looks amazing. 

They both looked glamourous.

camryn-grimes-attends-the-cbs-daytime-em

eileen-davidson-winner-of-outstanding-le

2018 Daytime Emmy Awards: See the stars on the red carpet

Fashion hits and misses from the 2018 Daytime Emmy Awards

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 13
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now he'd be only a few years younger than them unless they're now trying to pretend like Lily and Devon are both well into their 30s.

They've already done that with Lily when the twins were made too damn old.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Eileen Davidson.

Sorry, I should have mentioned it was in one of the links.  It's Tracey Bregman in a truly atrocious outfit.  You cannot miss it.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, bannana said:

Tracey Bregman is channelling her inner Lauren Fenmore in that get up.  Or maybe, her inner Barbarella.

On that Best and Worst link, they had Michelle Stafford still with Y&R ? But I did like her dress, and Kelly Kruger’s (Mackenzie) and Melissa Ordway’s as well. Ooh, and Sharon Case was stunning!

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

It's the first link below the photo of Eileen Davidson.  BTW, there are other atrocities to behold!

Lol. I saw a couple of them on the AOL site. What the hell were Rena Sofer and Kate Lindor thinking? Michelle Stafford looked really good. I've seen more glamorous looks at middle school dances than what Rena Sofer could muster.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

tracey-e.-bregman-at-45th-annual-daytime

Oy. There's a lot happening in that one outfit.

4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

The pantsuit(?), the no-bra, the hair? Does that woman even own a mirror?! She gets worse and worse.

4 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

That is a helluva horrible mess. 

Delusion must be her default setting.

• Love 15