Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, miamama said:

Who can blame her? Once Sally left, Ashley reverted to a lame supporting role again.

Sucks not to be Gina Tognoni under Mal.

Indeed. Gina Tognoni is one of the few actors who did receive a raise under Mal Young when she renewed her contract last year.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't think they'll kill off the Ashley character but will they recast it? They've done it before. And what about Hillary? Dying in child birth? Run over by someone in front of Rexx Ruggs?

Ohh, maybe she'll be played by Ridge Forrester's wife.  Didn't she go down in history as the worst Ashley recast (not to mention one of the worst actresses) ever?  I know Ronnnnn Moss is now doing some Amazon original soap, and good Lord, it is BAD, maybe the family could use the money :)

• Love 7
(edited)
26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't think they'll kill off the Ashley character but will they recast it? They've done it before. And what about Hillary? Dying in child birth? Run over by someone in front of Rexx Ruggs?

Hilary will have a miscarriage.

One of the writers at TV Source who broke the story of Mishael's contract tweeted that it's not looking good for Hilary.

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 8

I do wonder if people like EB and PB won’t retire sooner than planned. This show’s ratings are dreadful. And these two actors in particular seem heavily to be used as prop duty under Mal imo.

EB has basically said they'll have to carry him out in a body bag before he retires. Unsubstantiated gossip on another soap forum is saying that PB hates the "Jack isn't an Abbott" retcon so maybe he'll choose to quit too if he can afford it.

• Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, miamama said:

She does come and go. (Not always by choice.) But Days just cast Stacey Haiduk in her old Days’ role.

i love stacey....

so, she will be the new kristin demera and the rest?

if anyone can pull it off, she will.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i love stacey....

so, she will be the new kristin demera and the rest?

if anyone can pull it off, she will.

I think that would have worked if ED hadn't quit YR.  Now all the Kristen et al fans will want her to replace SH.  Not sure if that is what ED intended though.  I agree that SH can pull it off, but fans of Kristen et al can only see ED in the role.

• Love 5

Brenda Epperson was openly looking for work a few years ago on social media. She's in Victoria Rowell's The Rich & the Ruthless that's on one of the streaming sites. Even though she seems to have gotten religious I'm guessing she might not refuse Y&R if they called. I wonder if Mal and Co. even know she was someone that previously played Ashley? Fish Lips and Ronn Moss have been divorced for a long time and yes his ex-wife was a horrid Ashley.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

Brenda Epperson was openly looking for work a few years ago on social media. She's in Victoria Rowell's The Rich & the Ruthless that's on one of the streaming sites. Even though she seems to have gotten religious I'm guessing she might not refuse Y&R if they called. I wonder if Mal and Co. even know she was someone that previously played Ashley? Fish Lips and Ronn Moss have been divorced for a long time and yes his ex-wife was a horrid Ashley.

I wonder. Because if Ashley leaves (for LA or NYC as in the past) wouldn’t Dina need to have died? Like would Ash just skip town with her mother unwell?

Mal will probably make Dina think Phyllis is Ashley. Lmao. So no biggie if she leaves town.

And Gina can work another Emmy reel.

• Love 7
On 6/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, ByTor said:

Ohh, maybe she'll be played by Ridge Forrester's wife.  Didn't she go down in history as the worst Ashley recast (not to mention one of the worst actresses) ever?  I know Ronnnnn Moss is now doing some Amazon original soap, and good Lord, it is BAD, maybe the family could use the money :)

Who are you talking about? I do know that Ronnn Mosssss is the worst actor on any show anywhere on the planet but he has a wife who’s equally as bad? Is that even possible?

• Love 4

At least he (Ronnnnn) was very good looking when he was young.  He could bring the glamour, if nothing else.  What does Butt Biscuit bring to the table?

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Who are you talking about? I do know that Ronnn Mosssss is the worst actor on any show anywhere on the planet but he has a wife who’s equally as bad? Is that even possible?

His ex-wife Shari Shattuck who's apparently an author now played Ashley from 96 to 99. My Mom nicknamed her fish lips due to the way she kissed co-stars on Y&R.  Hopefully she writes better then she acts. From her pics on IMDB I hadn't realized she was the gal in the pink mini dress during the opening of the TV show Silk Stalkings which was a detective show set in Palm Beach, FL that aired on CBS Crimetime then moved to the USA Network when Letterman took that slot over. That show also starred Mitzi Kapture who played Brittany's Mom who J.T. slept with Anita Hodges.

• Love 5

Gah. Sharri Shattuck. She was bad.

I was thinking, Mal has lost MCE, ED and MiM this year. That's pretty nuts. MCE left to "pursue other opportunities." ED "to spend time with family" and MM for money issues (assuming her agent speaks the truth).

That is atrocious. And it's not all on Sony. Mal is EP (and HW). He decides who is valuable and who he wants. He does the hiring and firing. Sony may tell him his budget but he gets to allocate. None of these WOMEN felt valued enough to stay. 

What a fail.

• Love 14
(edited)

MCE's husband is a CBS executive. I'd bet her leaving was largely her choice. Chelsea was kind of treading water anyway.

Re the new Nate just hired, wonder what happened to the actor who was announced a few months ago? (Though I don't think it had been said for sure that he'd be playing Nate.) Either whoever made the announcement jumped the gun or TPTB had a look at his problematic social media.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

Oh yeah that guy with the "strange" Instagram account! I forgot about him. 

I read that MCE was not happy with her lack of story but I can't even recall where I read that so not sure it's true. So I do agree it was her choice, but it just speaks to Mal's shitty leadership imo. He loves who he loves and simply ignores everyone else. And MCE, like ED, could afford to walk.

I can't get over the Phyllis, Queen of Fenmore's, thing. I mean Phyllis and Lauren/Michael were tight friends for years. Now she's all you're my BEST FRIEND HILARY LET'S GO CLUBBING GIRLFRIEND!!! While being the only representative onscreen of Lauren's family company. It's just so shameless. Mal is so myopic I don't understand why no one has stepped in with his writing. Or maybe someone has by now. I don't know.

• Love 14

Set insider drops:

Melissa Claire Egan was going to be downgraded from contract, so she jumped.

Doug Davidson and Christian Le Blanc were taken off contract. Doug is PISSED.

Mal Young wouldn’t let Eileen Davidson do Days Of Our Lives anymore, so they had to recast Kristen DiMera. Days hired Stacey Haiduk.

Mal also blocked Judith Chapman from playing Anjelica Deveraux on Days Of Our Lives.

SONY actually doesn't care if the actresses work on both shows. They leave it to the showrunners’ discretion. Mal, however, had a problem with it and said NO.

Eileen Davidson is leaving because she is frustrated by Mal Young. Bright side - Jack IS an Abbott.

• Love 22

Hmm Eileen’s tweet about regaining control over her day to day sure takes on new meaning.

So does DD’s recent Twitter tirade.

What I don’t get is how someone with such shit ratings continues to make all show decisions. I guess he holds the titles (EP and HW).

Maybe someone like Peter needs to walk for show to axe Mal. Because apparently worst ratings ever isn’t doing it. 

But JT caressed GT’s ass again! Someone tweeted a gif and I can’t unsee it. They looked so awkward and stiff. His muscle-free arms and concave chest, her corset-like “lingerie” and of course the ass slap/caress. RME

This is what Y&R is now.

Mal is such trash.

• Love 22
On 6/28/2018 at 8:46 PM, miamama said:

But JT caressed GT’s ass again! Someone tweeted a gif and I can’t unsee it. They looked so awkward and stiff. His muscle-free arms and concave chest, her corset-like “lingerie” and of course the ass slap/caress. RME

Didn't see it, but I can just imagine how long it was obsessively discussed and planned. 

• Love 7
On 6/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, ByTor said:

Random odd SM thing...just last week Brenda Epperson started following me on Instagram. I was like WTF?? Her profile proclaims her to the best known Ashley on Y&R. I'm like....errr. what? 

On 6/27/2018 at 4:01 PM, spinxella said:

Hilary will have a miscarriage.

One of the writers at TV Source who broke the story of Mishael's contract tweeted that it's not looking good for Hilary.

Dammit I knew it was going to be TOCK! Fuck you MAL!

On 6/28/2018 at 11:46 PM, miamama said:

Hmm Eileen’s tweet about regaining control over her day to day sure takes on new meaning.

So does DD’s recent Twitter tirade.

What I don’t get is how someone with such shit ratings continues to make all show decisions. I guess he holds the titles (EP and HW).

Maybe someone like Peter needs to walk for show to axe Mal. Because apparently worst ratings ever isn’t doing it. 

This is what Y&R is now.

Mal is such trash.

I' ve been noticing DD recent tweets and actually looked to make sure I was reading his posts! Good for him. Fuck you Mal!

Reduction in Abbotts is a shit story. Can we keep Traci then now? I hate everything about this story. Fuck you Mal. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Didn't see it, but I can just imagine how long it was obsessively discussed and planned. 

Lol. Right? They must have spent days analyzing the meaning of “oh baby let’s fuck here and NOW” and precisely where his hands should go (and also how many tweets the previous ass slap got). 

• Love 12

TV Source reports in their Podcast that Y&R wanted to drop Eileen Davidson from contract and downgrade her to Recurring status. Eileen said to hell with that and walked.

They also mention how Eileen was blocked from appearing on Days even though Y&R was not utilizing her.

• Love 15
On 5/23/2018 at 10:40 AM, miamama said:

Because I needed another reason to not watch this show.

Life in Pieces was picked up. She’ll probably film Y&R during hiatus. 

so she can totter around in tight tees and bikinis and the married men in the family can ogle her boobs

• Love 5

Lol at Fairman transcribing Jack “utter-less” when Peter would have said “rudder-less.”

Peter not happy without a love interest but he also says show not likely to hire actress over 40. Lmao.

And love this (when Fairman mentioned ED thanking him at Emmys).

“This is in keeping with my new plan for the Emmys each year,  What I do is: I try to get a nomination so that I can sit in the audience after I have lost and hear the winner for Lead Actress thank me personally. (Laughs)  I am two for two in the last two years! (Laughs) Gina Tognoni had won that category the year prior.  Eileen Davidson is the greatest, and she has been for all intent and purposes my leading lady on Y&R.”

• Love 16
6 hours ago, miamama said:

Peter not happy without a love interest but he also says show not likely to hire actress over 40. Lmao.

Don't you know that Gina is 25? Shocking, I know.

• Love 7

Are they going to recast Ashley or go totally Abbott-less? Jack isn't an Abbott and Traci who is an Abbott is never on. Bill Bell is turning over in his grave. What have they done to his show?!?!??!

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Are they going to recast Ashley or go totally Abbott-less? Jack isn't an Abbott and Traci who is an Abbott is never on. Bill Bell is turning over in his grave. What have they done to his show?!?!??!

mal is making y&r his own is all...

just like lml tried, mab tried and jfp tried...

all they succeeded in doing is trash it tho.

• Love 10

If ED was asked to go recurring I don’t see why they’d recast. 

Bily and Phyllis will marry and be the central Abbotts.

Jack will be an Abbott eventually but I see him being backburned when he is.

Kyle, Abby will continue to get big story. After Dina’s funeral we won’t see Traci again.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Has anyone heard if this means Eileen Davidson going back on The Real Housewives then?

No news on that or her returning to Days either, at least not yet.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/4/2018 at 8:13 PM, spinxella said:
TV Source reports in their Podcast that Y&R wanted to drop Eileen Davidson from contract and downgrade her to Recurring status. Eileen said to hell with that and walked.

They also mention how Eileen was blocked from appearing on Days even though Y&R was not utilizing her.

OMG, Eileen just brought home a best actor Emmy for Y&R, and this is how they reward her? 

"Recurring" means hardly ever with Mal, take a look at what he's done to Jill on "recurring".

Pratt used her for 35 episodes in 2016.

Sally used her for 24 episodes in the first 3 months of 2017. Once Mal took over in March he used Jill only 8 times in the remaining 9 months.

So far this 2018 Mal has used Jill only 4 times. I hate Mal Young!

Edited by LongtimeYRfan
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, LongtimeYRfan said:
On 7/4/2018 at 11:13 PM, spinxella said:

OMG, Eileen just brought home a best actor Emmy for Y&R, and this is how they reward her? 

remember MM and BM's tour-deforce, back to back... one years last and the first of the next season episodes were emmy contenders they put forth and won both years and the grateful show bounced them both.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, LongtimeYRfan said:

"Recurring" means hardly ever with Mal, take a look at what he's done to Jill on "recurring".

Part of that has to do with the fact JW commutes from Oregon. I think she'd like to work (a bit) more, but not day in and day out.

• Love 4

I keep thinking that with the crap ratings and stupid storylines that Mal will be fired. But I also realize he’s handling the budget in ways TPTB probably love. If he’s in fact put DD and CLB on recurring and rid the show of MCE and ED (who reportedly were about to be put on recurring before opting out) that is a lot of $$$ saved. He rarely gives episodes to unimportant vets (who would cost a lot).

He’s clearly cut throat. 

MiM wasn’t paid to stay either. 

But the ratings are scary and steadily bad while other soaps show some blips of improvement.

All to say it’s a tough call for Sony/CBS. I think Mal as EP with a HW who he left alone creatively might have worked. But he seems like a control freak.

I do think he’ll have to go soon. But if anything buys him time it’s the budget imo.

• Love 9