Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I thought I read she wanted to try her hand at prime-time and movies since JH is doing so well.

Thanks @jewel21.  I hadn't read that.  I think she is making a big mistake.  She is lucky to have had this gig on Y/R where she became a "leading lady".

• Love 11
8 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

good grief charlie brown....

at a different forum someone suggested that chelsea be recast with rebecca budig..

all i could post was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Unless they want to recast Budig to play Chelsea after she's been run over in front of Rexx Rugs, then parallel parked on by Noah, then drop kicked into a freezing lake and be fished from a Hawaiian volcano resembling a smore, a one time shot for Budig playing her corpse, I'd pass.

Living, breathing, speaking roles just do not play to Ms. Budig's strengths.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, bannana said:

So, does MCE think she will be hired outside of the soap world?  Or does she just want a break?

I think that's her plan. She's actually delusional enough to think that she's got the chops to follow in Justin Hartley's footsteps. Hah! According to DC, there are no plans to recast the role.

• Love 14

i'm sorry but manjaw is a terrible actress and i really can't see her in prime time....

it blows me away at how many praise her akting skillz....

she is not a strong aktress and she needs a strong aktor to prop her...

that's why her coupling with nick doesn't work, cause he's not strong enuff to carry her...

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

MCE's husband is still a CBS exec, isn't he? I imagine he can get her on any in-house show she wants. Maybe she can play an alien on Star Trek: Discovery!

She could play a corpse on any number of CSI type procedurals.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

MCE's husband is still a CBS exec, isn't he? I imagine he can get her on any in-house show she wants. Maybe she can play an alien on Star Trek: Discovery!

yep, there is always nepotism to get a person thru the door...

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

But isn't he an exec within the sports division? I seem to recall reading this a few years ago at the time she was getting married.

• Love 1

It'd still probably be trivial for him to contact someone in the primetime tv division or whatever and get the first door opened for her. She's already "in the family" so to speak.

Justin Hartley is good, he had also a  prime time resume before going to YR. Him going from prime time to YR was shocking. 

And he only stuck around long enough to raise his profile via whatever cachet being on the #1 soap affords these days. Whoever is advising him professionally seems to be well worth whatever he's paying them.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

In my head Justin pulled The Manny breakdown on the YR set on his way out. Gives me a gleeful moment.

"Manny breakdown"? What's that? 

• Love 3

OMG sooooo damn good. He's starring as a sitcom sexy guy and loses all his shit and tells everyone on set and off , OFF!!!! Calling people names and shitty writers and old tired dialogue.  I believe in the first episode.  Worth a look up on you tube!  I just picture him screaming at Victor. Smiles for miles!

• Love 6

Now I'm off to YouTube on my lunch hour to watch the Manny breakdown, & pretend it's JH going off on TGVN! "Hi Alan Thicke"! JH has gotten so much better on this season's "This Is Us". He was by far the weakest of the cast last season, but he's really broken out this year. I think he might get a lead Emmy nom. Possibly even over Sterling (not likely, but I wouldn't be surprised). 

On topic: I kind of spot-watch here & there, which is to say not that often, but I saw that Kevin is coming back. Does he have a story that would bring him back? As soon as I saw he was back, I wondered if it had anything to do with MCE leaving, but I wasn't around when either GR or Chloe left, so I don't know if that might be a reason for her to leave. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, boes said:

Exciting news, folks!  In the spirit of the continuing excellence that Mal has brought to Show, we'll soon be seeing new head shots of our favorite characters!  I managed to get a preview of a few.....

giphy.gif

ButtBiscuit with Ashley, since they are now the heart of the Abbott family.  

I think this is from an upcoming holiday scene where they're planning a surprise for Jack.

giphy.gif

Phyllis in her new role as the brains of Genoa City while remaining sexayyyyy at all times.

giphy.gif

Hillary, obviously taken after she's had the little tyke and is deep into her maternal feelings.  She's gonna be a great mom.

giphy.gif

Devon, probably taken after a long day as a high powered exec at Hamilton Blenders and Winters.

giphy.gif

Nick, probably with the sads.  Sexy as all getout though, right?

giphy.gif

Lauren, of course, being that no nonsense, down to earth businesswoman we all know she is.

giphy.gif

Cane as the CEO of Chancellor, on his way into the office showing us all he's got the right stuff.  Jill sure made the right choice, didn't she??

giphy.gif

And of course, Lily.

giphy.gif

As I understand it, this is the only shot of Jack we'll be seeing for the future.  But I hear he has scenes with everyone, and multiple times with ButtBiscuit, of course.

As I find more I'll be sure to post them.  

Mal is doing such GREAT things for Show, isn't he?

Keep on keeping us amused. We need comic relief with this show. 

• Love 13
21 hours ago, boes said:

giphy.gif

As I understand it, this is the only shot of Jack we'll be seeing for the future.  But I hear he has scenes with everyone, and multiple times with ButtBiscuit, of course.

So I stopped watching weeks ago, but it sounds like Jack is doing the Kevin Buchanan Apology Tour. RME. (Kevin is very sorry)

Also, Ralph Wiggum will never not make me LOL, so thanks for that, boes!

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Just saw on SOC that Robert Adamson is out as Noah. There was not any indication whether they plan to recast the role or they're just going to have him move off somewhere.

According to SoapHub, Noah is going to head up one of Newman's overseas businesses.  Probably the rubber duckie division.  Because he's undoubtedly the "future of the family".

• Love 12

Poor Nick,,,,,,without the latest love of his life, Chelsea, and now his precious son going off to who knows where, Nick won't have anyone to bolster his ego.  Guess that makes his ripe for the picking, in other words, Sharon to the rescue.

• Love 6

At my table of one but I’m sad that Noah’s leaving. I got that impression yesterday. Makes me vomit that he is going to fundamentally change who he is ( a nice guy ) and work for Grampire. Fuck off Mal. Am I supposed to be grateful that he wasn’t killed off but that a door is open for a return? Probably but I’m not. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

Poor Nick,,,,,,without the latest love of his life, Chelsea, and now his precious son going off to who knows where, Nick won't have anyone to bolster his ego.  Guess that makes his ripe for the picking, in other words, Sharon to the rescue.

yup, nick will make a beeline straight to sharon.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

At my table of one but I’m sad that Noah’s leaving. I got that impression yesterday. Makes me vomit that he is going to fundamentally change who he is ( a nice guy ) and work for Grampire. Fuck off Mal. Am I supposed to be grateful that he wasn’t killed off but that a door is open for a return? Probably but I’m not. 

You're not the only one. I'll sit next to you at this table. I've been enjoying his disgruntled attitude. But it makes no sense for him to work for Grampire. I wonder if he's going down to South America to work with his great uncle Matt? Yeah, right! Hahahahaha!

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I get it.  None of the showrunners have ever bothered to figure out what to do with Noah, not since Kevin Schmidt left.  Robert Adamson exudes a natural "nice guy" persona, and once upon a time Show would have built on that, made a place for such a character.  Instead, we're force fed ButtBiscuit and Cane bits, spoiled and noxious, and told that THIS is what we should be eating, that these humorless, unpleasant man children are the characters to root for.  Adamson might have limited skills but he's sure as hell no worse than Jason Thompson or whatshisname who plays Cane.  Mal has doubled down on that.

Another wasted opportunity.

Edited by boes
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, LadyDot said:

No doubt. Something to look forward to. Not.

Actually, I'm wondering whether writing Noah out is being done to bolster the purported revival of Teriah. That's what I think is going on, that and the fact that RA didn't click as MY's ideal of a *leading man*, a la Billy (who achieved new heights of jerkism on yesterday's (U.S.) show). This character, and his portrayer, get more revolting to me the longer this ridiculous pairing with Phyllis plays out. What was up with that Carole Lombard getup anyway? MY needs a reality check. Don't get me wrong, I actually really like GT and think she's got the Phyllis thing going on and I think she's extremely attractive as well, but really Mal?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 12

I don’t understand why Chelsea asked Nick to marry her. Isn’t she still planning on running off even without the cash that was returned to Lauren? She has to know that Phyllis is on her trail and everyone will know that she was the one who stole from her own business. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, boes said:

According to SoapHub, Noah is going to head up one of Newman's overseas businesses.  Probably the rubber duckie division.  Because he's undoubtedly the "future of the family".

On today's CDN, Noah tells the family that he is

Spoiler

taking a job with Newman in Mumbai.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Just saw on SOC that Robert Adamson is out as Noah. There was not any indication whether they plan to recast the role or they're just going to have him move off somewhere.

Send Noah to B&B where he can be paired with Hope or Sally. He's there to open a Crimson Lights L.A. but upon meeting Sally decides he'll use his trust fund money to fund Spectra 2.0. Bill wants to crush him and Spectra but backs off once he realizes that he's THAT Noah Newman.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Send Noah to B&B where he can be paired with Hope or Sally. He's there to open a Crimson Lights L.A. but upon meeting Sally decides he'll use his trust fund money to fund Spectra 2.0. Bill wants to crush him and Spectra but backs off once he realizes that he's THAT Noah Newman.

You know, that's a great idea. Too bad MY has all the writing chops of a reticulated giraffe.

• Love 13
Just now, peacheslatour said:

You know, that's a great idea. Too bad MY has all the writing chops of a reticulated giraffe.

And the clincher? Hope's father Deacon cut a swath through Genoa City banging both Nikki AND Victoria!  When Noah brings her home and Nikki and Sharon both realize she's Deacon's daughter? It could get interesting. Hope would actually have to deal with her Deacon issues and not feeling good enough.

And man, if you brought Deacon back so he's so proud his little girl is marrying a Newman? Too funny.

Victor could even start sniffing around Spectra with Bill laughing 'Oh you think I was bad? Wait til you get a load of this guy!'. I'd love to see a $Bill vs Victor mumble off.

• Love 16

And the clincher? Hope's father Deacon cut a swath through Genoa City banging both Nikki AND Victoria!  When Noah brings her home and Nikki and Sharon both realize she's Deacon's daughter? It could get interesting. Hope would actually have to deal with her Deacon issues and not feeling good enough.

Another brilliant idea. Dammit! Why aren't Preverts writing this show?

• Love 16

I thought Robert Adamson was adorable and had great chemistry with Sharon Case and all the kid actors. He also somewhat sparkled with Lily.

The actor who played Fen was promising and kinda cute awkward nerd and now he's freaking gorgeous and doing fine in acting and musically. It's really hard to tell when people leave what changes they'll make. Even Thad I always liked JT a lot and thought he was pretty face kiddish looking bad boy . He left and is now a legit multimillionaire producing Oscar winning movies and looks like a rugged sexy Man. Why did he even come back, it has to be as a favor to Amelia. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I thought Robert Adamson was adorable and had great chemistry with Sharon Case and all the kid actors. He also somewhat sparkled with Lily.

This. He might not be a strong actor, but he was my favourite Noah and he had great chemistry with SC and the actors playing Nick and Mariah and Faith. And he's a legacy character, I don't understand why they're writing him out. It makes no sense.

• Love 12

I liked Robert Adamson once his sour faced girlfriend at the time Sofia Pernas was written off the show. I don't know if she was influencing his acting on the show or not. It sure seemed that way though.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2018 at 5:10 PM, TobinAlbers said:

I think they have already gotten rid of Sally. Contract not renewed.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Y&R should cast the actress who played Sally on B&B to play Summer on Y&R. I had to do a double take when she first appeared as Sally because of the resemblance to Gina Tognoni.

I ❤️ ? this idea! I agree they have very similar faces and Courtney Hope has a really fiery and fun acting style! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Y&R should cast the actress who played Sally on B&B to play Summer on Y&R. I had to do a double take when she first appeared as Sally because of the resemblance to Gina Tognoni.

I had to Google her and by god, you're right! She has the perfect look to play Summer and bonus- she doesn't look like an idiot.

• Love 8