Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Eww, he resembles Mr. Hankey!

Exactly. People across the interwebs have been dragging Denny's hard for using what looks like a turd as their new mascot. It's supposed to be a sausage link but something clearly got lost in the translation. Imagine trying to eat sausage there now without associating it with excrement? (Well, I don't eat pork or red meat so it wouldn't be me but still, ew indeed.) Denny's is holding fast on it though. Either there were no focus groups or test marketing, or Denny's just chose to go the "any publicity is good publicity" route.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Did anyone see this in the mags? Who believes these numbers are accurate? 

FB_IMG_1505704065803.jpg

Those "polls" are easy to spam. I could see particular groups of people uniting to do so to get that "never" number that high.

• Love 9
Just now, Jaded said:

Those "polls" are easy to spam. I could see particular groups of people uniting to do so to get that "never" number that high.

I actually saw the post on FB asking for feedback for possible publication. Over a thousand posts with about an overwhelming majority vitriolic against this pairing. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1462298403805487&id=109683632400311

Seeing the mag report is as this throws everything they've ever said in question. I shouldn't be surprised but I am. Lol

• Love 2

So I was playing this online game where you had to try to name the TV shows depicted on some old TV Guide covers and this popped up:

gsvVbkV.jpg

Nikki's and Ashley's hairdos are defying gravity! Was that just hairspray or was gel also in use then? They looked gorgeous though.

• Love 11

Let's not forget the perms everyone had back in the day. Those things account for about 85% of the "volume" of those updos. On another note, as unpopular an opinion this is lately (well, for about the last ten years on now), EB was pretty handsome back in the day. Jeebus, I was about 25 or so and so in love with the guy he'd make me swoon. These days he just makes me sneer and knock back more swill.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Let's not forget the perms everyone had back in the day. Those things account for about 85% of the "volume" of those updos. On another note, as unpopular an opinion this is lately (well, for about the last ten years on now), EB was pretty handsome back in the day. Jeebus, I was about 25 or so and so in love with the guy he'd make me swoon. These days he just makes me sneer and knock back more swill.

My grandma thought he was the cat's meow back in the days when I was watching with her and I could definitely see it too. But now my hatred has overwhelmed any good thing I thought about him. It was one thing when he was fucking over business and romantic rivals but I'm sick to death of his unending war on his family. It just makes him a petty tyrant instead of a titan of industry and chick magnet power house.

• Love 13

I totally agree, Peaches. I never (and I'm saying this seriously) would have thought I'd live to see the day when I just wished 'turd's ranch would just be blown to smithereens with him at the epicenter of it. I loathe him and I've come to detest his portrayer every bit as much. Sad. I wonder if EB has realized at this point that they're writing him as if his character's a knockoff of 'Rump's?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8

I totally agree, Peaches. I never (and I'm saying this seriously) would have thought I'd live to see the day when I just wished 'turd's ranch would just be blown to smithereens with him at the epicenter of it. I loathe him and I've come to detest his portrayer every bit as much. Sad. I wonder if EB has realized at this point that they're writing him as if his character's a knockoff of 'Rump's?

I try very hard not to point that out. :)

• Love 6

In case you all didn't know .......  from Michael Fairman's site......

Daytime Emmy Winner and Y&R Favorite, Greg Rikaart Joins Days of our Lives!

Smart move Days of our Lives!  One of the most talented acting gents in the business, Greg Rikaart, is now joining the cast of the NBC daytime drama.

The news broke late today first via TV Line. No word yet on what role Rikaart will play, but he is set for a multi-episode arc that will air in the Spring of 2018, since DAYS tapes six months advance.

This is an exciting opportunity for both DAYS under head writer Ron Carlivati , and Rikaart to play another dynamic character on a daytime drama series.

As the story goes, Greg was let out of his contract after 14 years on The Young and the Restless in his role of Kevin Fisher, a part in which he won a Daytime Emmy for back in 2005 for the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.

Flash forward: In recent weeks, Rikaart has returned to Y&R making some guest appearances, and according to sources cited in the TV Line piece, Rikaart’s landing at DAYS does not mean he will not recur on Y&R.

As usual, Fairman pours it on thick.

• Love 10

Well, wish I could say I will miss "Kevin" but I won't.  Too bad he could still be on Y&R and Days at the same time.  I just think Kevin is a despicable role and I was kind of hoping the door wouldn't hit him on the way out.  I like the actor ok...it will be interesting if he can actually play a different sort on Days.  Still glad he is off my screen.  Now if we could only get rid of Cane.  

• Love 9
On 10/11/2017 at 2:38 PM, boes said:

Smart move Days of our Lives!  One of the most talented acting gents in the business, Greg Rikaart, is now joining the cast of the NBC daytime drama.

This is great news. I've liked the actor, hated the character they saddled him with. Now he gets a fresh start.

• Love 7

Loved it. And I guess this is an UO, but I love the young woman who plays Tessa. I think she's a fresh breath on this mouldery, creaky bilge barge. Frankly, I don't want her to go up in the bonfire of the infamies if MY wants to plow-through this SSM storyline. I believe they need to put this aside now. They need to salvage both women. They're not into this all-in and it's obvious (the writing). Hit the kill switch. How well does this really go for characters and their portrayers on soaps long term any way?

• Love 10
On 10/13/2017 at 10:47 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

I guess this is an UO, but I love the young woman who plays Tessa.

She has the prettiest face...I just wish she had a more flattering hairstyle!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:34 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I saw the new Blade Runner movie and found myself struck by a certain resemblance. Is Cait doing some kind of homage, hah, hah?

LJgQUI1.jpg0pmZ0ei.jpg

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Tessa repeated the 'Tears in rain' monologue to Mariah in some arty gothic faux-romantic way.

• Love 1

I think Tessa is a really attractive girl. She’s very natural looking unlike some others we could name on the soaps. I do wish she’d get different false eyelashes because those look REALLY false and lose the copper eye shadow. Mariah is also beautiful and natural looking. Also Quinn and Katie on Y&R. Others—not so much.

• Love 5

Earlier this morning I saw on Twitter that Kristoff St. John was admitted Thursday evening into a mandatory 48-hour hold in a LA psychiatric facility after sending selfies to his ex wife depicting him in his living room holding a gun to his temple. This report was originally on TMZ (which I don't know anything about). His ex wife called authorities because she said he was despondent over the suicide of their son and the two-year 'anniversary' of that event, which is coming up in November. Interestingly, I wasn't aware that he and his wife divorced following the young man's suicide. It seems a lot of really sad and difficult events have been going on in KSJ's life all under the radar.  

• Love 10

Earlier this morning I saw on Twitter that Kristoff St. John was admitted Thursday evening into a mandatory 48-hour hold in a LA psychiatric facility after sending selfies to his ex wife depicting him in his living room holding a gun to his temple. This report was originally on TMZ (which I don't know anything about). His ex wife called authorities because she said he was despondent over the suicide of their son and the two-year 'anniversary' of that event, which is coming up in November. Interestingly, I wasn't aware that he and his wife divorced following the young man's suicide. It seems a lot of really sad and difficult events have been going on in KSJ's life all under the radar.  

his ex wife, mia st john says its an f'ing lie

Mia St. John‏Verified account @MiaStJohnBoxer  1h1 hour ago

More

You F-ing liars!!!! Take this down immediately! Or I am suing you! @TMZ

• Love 4

That's horrible about KSJ. I feel like I've heard about AH and Thad Luckinbill's divorce but nothing about his. It still devastates me whenever I read that statistic about couples who lose a child having a super increased likelihood of splitting up.

• Love 8

I feel terrible for KSJ. I was telling my brother about his son and how he died just this Friday and now this. Sometimes I feel like a real jinx. This isn't the first time I've brought someone up only to have something happen to them.

I hope he gets the help he needs.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I feel terrible for KSJ. I was telling my brother about his son and how he died just this Friday and now this. Sometimes I feel like a real jinx. This isn't the first time I've brought someone up only to have something happen to them.

I hope he gets the help he needs.

I know how you feel. My son and I had this happen twice, once with Prince and then again with Bowie. We decided never to speak of beloved celebs any more.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I know how you feel. My son and I had this happen twice, once with Prince and then again with Bowie. We decided never to speak of beloved celebs any more.

At least I'm not the only one. I feel a bit better now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

That's horrible about KSJ. I feel like I've heard about AH and Thad Luckinbill's divorce but nothing about his. It still devastates me whenever I read that statistic about couples who lose a child having a super increased likelihood of splitting up.

KSJ and his son's mother divorced long ago. He had a long time girlfriend that he recently broke up with. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, DivaT said:

KSJ and his son's mother divorced long ago. He had a long time girlfriend that he recently broke up with. 

Thanks. I wasn't aware of this. As for whether there's any truth to the other part of this, does anyone know whether this actually happened? And what was Mia St. John denying? That she called police to report anything or whether he actually implied to someone else he was contemplating suicide and was being psychiatrically evaluated?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Thanks. I wasn't aware of this. As for whether there's any truth to the other part of this, does anyone know whether this actually happened? And what was Mia St. John denying? That she called police to report anything or whether he actually implied to someone else he was contemplating suicide and was being psychiatrically evaluated?

I don't think Mia specified. But after her balking at it, TMZ updated the article to make it clear that they didn't mean her. 

• Love 3