Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Jason Gerhardt auditioned for Adam Newman today. He played "Coop" on General Hospital 10 years ago and several minor roles on prime time shows like "Mistresses", "CSI", "Chicago Med", etc.

Jason-Shane Scott from "The Bay" also auditioned for Adam today. His girlfriend is Lindsay Hartley, Justin Hartley's ex-wife.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, spinxella said:

Jason-Shane Scott from "The Bay" also auditioned for Adam today. His girlfriend is Lindsay Hartley, Justin Hartley's ex-wife.

This would be an awkward choice considering MCE would be his co-star & she's best friends with JH's fiancee.

• Love 1

No more than when she was making out with her best friends bf 10x a day for 6 monthes lol. 

I actually like that actor he was Will on OLTL and pretty cute back then haha. ABC soaps were pretty juicy in that era. 

• Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

so, i was just perusing daytime confidential and they have their new podcast out..i didn't listen to it but they always have a few hilights of what's in it.  apparently y&r has decided to re-cast adam...

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2017/05/08/2017-daytime-emmy-awards

Jamey also shares tea on Roger Howarth's contract talks with General Hospital and The Young and the Restless' decision to recast Adam Newman again. 

i think they should just bring back muhney.,

Shut up JG. ? He has a fanboy crush of Roger especially when it comes to Friz on GH.  And look what that is doing for 18-34, they are on a 16 week lows along with other bad writing!  JG has bought into the bs that Roger is a master class actor and he isn't.  Don't let the one Emmy award he won for the Marty rape on OLTL fool you all, he's not all that. 

Hell no I don't want that show eater RH on YR playing Adam!  Hell no!  Yall talk about JT's pricetag on YR,  Roger would bleed the show dry with his asking price.   Plus I can't remotely see him as Adam let alone sharing scenes with Chelsea/MCE (ew)  Maybe Sharon.  

Please YR you're slowly getting your spine back don't do this. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Well I just went on a twitter rampage. I posted pictures of MM and BM in their last scenes and told him to bring him back too! FUCK! I don't mind nevereverbilly if he was cast as a fresh unrelated character. FUCK! I had insomnia already. Now it is rage at a show I have watched from day 1. Ready to tap out.

• Love 8
(edited)

Hell no I don't want that show eater RH on YR playing Adam!

I was a big fan of RH's back when he was on OLTL but as I recall he could be a bit of a prima donna. Certain Y&R cast members would likely view him as a threat. IMO he wouldn't be a good fit for Adam at all unless they want to have some of the same issues they had with MM. (Plus, RH is pushing 50 and looks it. He's really too old for Adam.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I was a big fan of RH's back when he was on OLTL but as I recall he could be a bit of a prima donna. Certain Y&R cast members would likely view him as a threat. IMO he wouldn't be a good fit for Adam at all unless they want to have some of the same issues they had with MM. (Plus, RH is pushing 50 and looks it. He's really too old for Adam.)

I loved him on OLTL, and absolutely totally completely and utterly LOATHE him on GH.  Loathe.  

He'd chew the scenery, spit it out and then chew it again.  Plus, as you say, he's too old.

I never want to see him onscreen again unless there's a relaunch of OLTL.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I wonder which Adam they're looking to recast. Will he be dark like MM's Adam or will he be toned down like JH's Adam? I'm fine with Adam being a gray character, but I don't want him written like he was under MAB, who only cared about shock value- I'm so over that.

5 hours ago, boes said:

He'd chew the scenery, spit it out and then chew it again.

LOL. Boes, you are awesome!

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 6

Not sure about GH/OLTL, but RH was bland on ATWT, only seeming to exist on contract because he was a legacy character. Also, he had a really bad blonde dye job that made him look even older than he was.

It's incredibly tacky and unprofessional for an actor/actress to post on social media about their audition. Reminds me of when MS had grandiose delusions about getting a part on Scandal.

• Love 7

I heard that Y&R is finally ridding itself of Kevin. Talk about doing something way too late for it to make much of a difference. Kevin has been a waste of space since his first Colleen/Lily story.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, evenstephens said:

Not sure about GH/OLTL, but RH was bland on ATWT, only seeming to exist on contract because he was a legacy character. Also, he had a really bad blonde dye job that made him look even older than he was.

Why did they make him blonde as Paul Ryan? The younger Paul had dark hair, and his parents were brunettes. I agree he was boring on ATWT, the only thing I've seen him on. Petty, but all I could see was his big nose. 

• Love 1

@sorrellsales @NancyJakubiak I did no such thing! I have never gone after anyone,

unless prompted by some unconscionable stuff!!!!

LOLOLOL  like telling followers "how do you think i feel".   which was all she said about shictor pairing..

TO ME, eb is just a blowhard....

eb's tweets don't do him any favours.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, spinxella said:

That was awhile ago, 14 days to be exact since he posted this at Twitter.   He has not said one word about whether there is an Adam recast or for that fact that he has even been approached or wants to go back to the show.  His Twitter comments are about his family and his love for cycling and no negativity unlike those of the Pricktor.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I think it has to do with someone who lives in something that rhymes with smite blouse.

Oh, I've heard of that place!  The borscht they serve there is supposed to be excellent!

• Love 10

Plus as a ratings boost, Dina's bangs seem to be taking their sweet fucking time about actually doing anything.  To the best of my knowledge they've been to a stilted meeting where they proved May December is creepy in any gender combo and answered the phone a few times.  Must see. 

• Love 4

The other thing is think about the span of the women 18 - 49 viewers.. that's thirty one years of women.... the difference between and 18 year old and a 49 year old is generally pretty substantial.

The point being, they don't seem to be entertaining anybody. 

• Love 7

It's since been deleted, but the Y&R acct responded "You won't be disappointed!" to the Philly tweet below. Which is rich in itself. Like, they have to have Philly in X way or they whine again. But what is with the coddling of this fanbase, seriously? I've never seen anything like it. Mal created a monster.

• Love 6

Maybe Philly fans won't be disappointed, Mal Young. But I will be. How can the ratings be tanking with this ultra sexy, romcomcom master class featuring a lovable scotch drinking cad and a feisty, quirky career woman? No one could ever mistake them for deviant, bottom feeding trash with a hipless hipster shagging the increasingly desperate twit he stole from his brother/father figure while a dolt with daddy issues makes pawns of her small children just for a taste of the curdled cheese log in said hipster's skinny pants. Amirite? 

Next on Twitter: @MalYoung OMG Victoria & kids should die in plane crash so Philly can be 2gether!!! #Crackheads4life

Mal Young: You won't be disappointed!

• Love 23

These Philly fans are starting to remind me of the rabid wing of the Shadam fans. But at least Billy hasn't kidnapped any of Phyllis' children and told her they were dead. Just that one little stumble with grandbaby Lucy that both he and Phyllis seem to have forgotten about. FFS, what are these people smoking/snorting/shooting?

• Love 15

Saw today's show. OMG. That twitchy, jerky, grabbing papers, darting eyes Victoria is enough to send me into a frenzy. Is she hopped up on meth or something? Calm the hell down, woman! And all of the praise for the "fantastic job" everyone did? Why didn't we see any of that? This show has just jumped the shark for me. And Ashley also needs to calm the hell down and lose that dark lipstick. She looks so harsh and overly made up lately. She's blond (fake) and pale so she needs softer makeup. Or maybe they're doing her makeup now to emphasize her new nasty personality? I'm just so aggravated both of the soaps I watch now. These are dinasours so you'd think they'd try harder to engage their dwindling audience. 

• Love 3
On 5/13/2017 at 1:13 AM, HeatLifer said:

It's since been deleted, but the Y&R acct responded "You won't be disappointed!" to the Philly tweet below. Which is rich in itself. Like, they have to have Philly in X way or they whine again. But what is with the coddling of this fanbase, seriously? I've never seen anything like it. Mal created a monster.

I know I should just let this go, but what does the MY/Y&R account tweet to any poor Villy or Phack fans?  "Go to hell"?

• Love 6