Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

It's prostate cancer not bladder. Isn't that pretty curable if caught early? I wish him well and hope he recovers quickly. 

No, it's bladder cancer.  He was having trouble with his prostate, that's how it was discovered.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

@boes I think the whole diagnosis is getting twisted. Upon listening to the whole clip of EB it seems like the tumor was by the bladder and prostate but hadn’t invaded them yet? Anyway it seems he has good prognosis for this and I hope he recovers completely because I have an immense soft spot for him.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

It’s bladder cancer that the doctor saw in the inner lining of the bladder when he did a cystoscopy. The good news is it doesn’t seem that it got deeper, into the muscle wall of the bladder. At that early stage it should be treatable and have a good prognosis.
I wish him well!

• Like 16

Sorry to hear of this diagnosis for Mr. Braeden.  Bladder cancer is what got my darling brother in law, and it was a very painful agonizing way to go.

Wishing for the very best of treatment and a full recovery for EB.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

It seems like Sharon Case was nominated for an Daytime Emmy for Best Acrress. Did I miss something, or did she actually have a storyline this past year or so? What could she have possibly submitted?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
3 hours ago, boes said:

The writers strike is on.

I wonder how much this impending strike played into Josh Griffith's "decision" to fire so many of the other writers.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hollywood-writers-slamming-gig-economy-035956373.html

Not good news for our Show at all.  If we thought things couldn't get worse, they just did.

I speculated that the at the time the news came out that the possible upcoming writers strike was a possibilty that probably had something to do with the BTS bloodbath that occurred. It wouldn't affect Griffith since he went Fi-Core during another strike previously. Knowing he's a producer and Fi-Core probably emboldened him even more to do what he did. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

You know, they could just let the actors loose on the sets and film them ad-libbing. It couldn't be any worse than what we have now. In fact, in would probably be better.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

You know, they could just let the actors loose on the sets and film them ad-libbing. It couldn't be any worse than what we have now. In fact, in would probably be better.

I confess I've wondered about this as well.  I also saw a headline that the WGA was concerned about the AI/Chat capabilities squeezing writers out.  I joked about this before, but I am really starting to think that it is entirely possible that this is happening on the soaps.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

If the actors are hesitant to protest the storylines for fear of retribution… maybe that is why the actresses don’t strike over hair and wardrobe. 🤓

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

With one or two glaring exceptions. Glaring exceptions. Caw caw!

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Sasha Calle (formerly Y&R's Lola Rosales) is featured as Supergirl in the new trailer for The Flash movie. There's speculation that she may get her own Supergirl movie after all, depending on how well this Flash movie does. It's iffy because of Ezra Miller's awful IRL problems. I guess Warner Bros. thinks bringing back Michael Keaton as Batman can cover all sins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Worst. Batman. Ever. 

Whaaaaat!!!!??? Michael Keaton is my favorite Batman after Christian Bale. Whatever he's doing in The Flash may be a crapfest though. Sigh.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7

The official Y&R Twitter account posted this promo earlier in the week. It gave the impression Phyllis would be revealing her not dead self to someone in Jack's office at Jabot. Did the show do us a bamboozle?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
On 5/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, lgprimes said:

Her kids go to a Scientology school.  Wouldn’t they provide scholarships and help?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
On 5/29/2023 at 11:18 AM, MotherInLaw said:

Her kids go to a Scientology school.  Wouldn’t they provide scholarships and help?

She could single-handedly pay for all their needs, but yeah, I’m sure the ‘church’ is helping. 

• Like 4
  • Wink 2
(edited)

Sharon Case on Beverly Hills 90210, 1991   

IMG_7917.jpeg

IMG_7918.jpeg

ETA -this is the Spring Fling episode. SC plays Darla. Steve asks her out but she turns him down because she doesn’t “do ‘Vettes.”

Edited by Runningwild
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
On 6/12/2023 at 7:25 PM, Runningwild said:

Sharon Case on Beverly Hills 90210, 1991   

IMG_7917.jpeg

IMG_7918.jpeg

ETA -this is the Spring Fling episode. SC plays Darla. Steve asks her out but she turns him down because she doesn’t “do ‘Vettes.”

I remember this episode she was also in another one as well. She was in a lot of other obscure 80s TV shows. I remember first seeing her as Dawn on GH. A clip was posted on YT the other day since the anniversary of her debut was the other day. Kind of made me sad to watch since Shell Kepler and Jackie Zeman are no longer with us.

• Like 3

Christel Khalil (Lily Winters) is pregnant and has announced it on her Insta. One of her fan groups posted the video on their Twitter account, here:

This had been reported on several soap sites and I had to laugh at the ones which were likely mostly written by AI. Some wondered whether CK's IRL pregnancy would be written into the show for Lily. That would a miracle since Lily has had a hysterectomy and no longer has ovaries.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 4

Sasha Calle (formerly Lola Rosales) has made the New York Times:

In a Flash, How Sasha Calle Became Supergirl

Apparently when she auditioned she had no idea it was for the role of Supergirl. Warner Bros. even had her sign a contract before telling her what character they were hiring her to play.

The latest Flash movie is considered a huge box office flop but it looks like WB wants to do more with Sasha and Supergirl. I'm so glad because Y&R didn't do right by her IMO and the risk she took by leaving has paid off amazingly well.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7