Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I have no clue what happens with DD off screen. 
I just watch the show and like JM/ Nick. I am glad he asked for a story and I don’t think he whined to get one.  

peace out ✌️ 

I like Nick/JM, too. He plays the part of the Normal Newman very well. And I can’t blame him for wanting to change up his character sometimes. But he just doesn’t fit well into this brother against brother storyline; by that I mean he does not look comfortable. Both physically and acting-wise. It would have been better to have him try and oust Victoria - he could do a lot of backstabbing, play her and Victor against one another and be able to pull it off.  It would have been more interesting (and fun) to watch than Victoria/Nate. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 12/5/2022 at 7:55 AM, Kemper said:

I like Nick/JM, too. He plays the part of the Normal Newman very well. And I can’t blame him for wanting to change up his character sometimes. But he just doesn’t fit well into this brother against brother storyline; by that I mean he does not look comfortable. Both physically and acting-wise. It would have been better to have him try and oust Victoria - he could do a lot of backstabbing, play her and Victor against one another and be able to pull it off.  It would have been more interesting (and fun) to watch than Victoria/Nate. 

Yeah, he doesn't belong in this storyline or age group. He's not an ingenue anymore, he looks creepy. Especially with a de-SORASED Adam.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Thad Luckinbill has a part in the movie Devotion with Glen Powell and Jonathan Majors. He’s also one of the producers. He is also a producer on the upcoming biopic about Whitney Houston. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Looks like JG will be the sole EP now and the HW. Wish he'd fInd himself out the door sometime soon too.

I still remember that lawsuit by a background actor that was mentioned on the Deadline site last year mentioning sexual harassment and wrongful termination. I'm wondering if it's related to that since it's set to go to trial next March as of right now.

He also scrubbed his Twitter account at some point too if you go back to posts from 2017 in this thread he was posting stuff people were questioning which lead to MTS confirming that it was his account. 

Sony TV & CBS Studios Sued As Actress Alleges ‘The Young & The Restless’ Showrunner Tony Morina Sexually Harassed Her

Sony Pictures Television Issues Legal Response to Briana Thomas Wrongful Termination Lawsuit Over ‘The Young and the Restless’

Anthony Morina Files Legal Response to Briana Thomas Wrongful Termination Lawsuit Over ‘The Young And The Restless’ Firing

CBS Dismissed as Defendant in Briana Thomas Wrongful Termination Lawsuit

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm willing to go straight to hell for saying this, but he looks like a deranged old peepaw sitting on a park bench somewhere that stinks of urine and week old pizza. And if he thinks he looks virile and masculine doing that, just, NO. Stop. Someone please stop him. Or better yet, pretend to be taping him and pretend to post this, then delete it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm willing to go straight to hell for saying this, but he looks like a deranged old peepaw sitting on a park bench somewhere that stinks of urine and week old pizza. And if he thinks he looks virile and masculine doing that, just, NO. Stop. Someone please stop him. Or better yet, pretend to be taping him and pretend to post this, then delete it.

Or, somehow tinker with the film and add in a pair of castenets and a Carmen Miranda hat.  

And a new career path is forged.......

• LOL 8
22 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Quinn Redeker has passed at 86

Loved him on the show. Loved him with Katherine. I guess we'll never know what Rex was doing with those guys and that envelope. (Some plot point that was dropped and never mentioned again.)

Loved him in Spider Baby, too.

Read this: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/quinn-redeker-dead-days-of-our-lives-young-restless-1235293706/

I had no idea about The Deer Hunter !

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 5
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, ezzylin said:

Phyllis and Shelia's granddaughter. Will Phyllis be called Grandma? And she's related to Michael and Kevin because their father is her grandfather. And Devon thought he was related to everyone.

And that's one of the actresses who played Heather. I think this one was with Adam at one time? She's Paul's daughter. Will she look for her missing Daddy?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Hunter King is coming back as Dumber.  That sucks.  The new Summer is a much better actress than King

According to who? She just signed a Hallmark deal. 

• Like 4

Even though Hunter King has moved on from playing Summer Newman on The Young and the Restless, and is happily indulging in her multi-picture deal with the Hallmark Channel, we just had to ask her the inevitable question: Would she ever return to the show? We know, we know… Summer is currently being played by the talented Allison Lanier, but we also  know that stranger things have happened. Heck, should King decide to return, the writers could easily create a whole new character to play!

King, who hears from Young & Restless fans every day, is as aware of those possibilities as  anyone. “People do come and go and paths seem to cross in the soap world,” she said, “So never say never, but right now, I am just so incredibly happy and honored and thankful to be with Hallmark.” Calling her new contract with the network “a dream come true,” she’s “so excited for what’s to come over there and getting to have all these different stories.” Does that means there might be more Nikki & Nora style series of films ahead? Or maybe a sequel to her princely A Royal Corgi Christmas? It’s quite possible — but don’t worry — she still cherishes her time in Genoa City.

“I feel so lucky to have had those years over at The Young and the Restless,” she gushed. “So for now, that chapter is closed and who knows what’s going to happen. We’ll see.” In our minds, that leaves the door open to a soapy return, whether to the show she formerly called home or perhaps one of the other daily dramas.

Big blurb from the linked interview in the below tweet. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Hunter King is coming back as Dumber.  That sucks.  The new Summer is a much better actress than King

If you mean the woman in the pic with Daniel and the new Lucy that's Vail Bloom the original actress to play a grown up version of Heather. She's returning to Y&R.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Ugh, why???

Even though I don't like Summer, the character, any better, at least the actress can actually act.

ETA, now that I've caught up:

tumblr_o7c37dY3kk1qgpef6o5_250.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Well, Hunter King IS set to star in the upcoming Hollywood biopic and according to what I've heard, if they couldn't get her for the part it wouldn't be taping as we speak.

Of course, I'm referring to "The Daisy Duck Story: from Duckling to Duck Sauce", premiering on Hulu sometime this fall.  It tells the story of Daisy's rise to stardom, her ill-fated long term romance with Donald and her missteps along the way.

From young ingenue,

giphy.gif

To the romance that would change her life,

giphy.gif

To her inevitable downfall due to the pits of stardom

giphy.gif

It's the role she was born to play.  Lips are destiny.

Edited by boes
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 19

Dang, you guys are on fire!  🥳🥳🥳🥳

Maybe the author of that article should ask TPTB whether they'd want to bring HK back. She pretty much held CBS/YR hostage until the statute of limitations ran out on whatever MM did to her. I can't imagine they'd risk giving her that kind of power again. Besides, at Hallmark she has an opportunity to create her own brand versus being one of the crowd on a fading daytime soap opera. (Meanwhile, her younger sister Joey has been killing it in Hollywood without any scandals.)

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Dang, millennials and instagram, it really do be Entertainment Tonight. Courtney's comment section went a little nuclear. Well, life is a pain and they're wealthy, why not? They have the money for therapy.

Edited by slayer2
  • Useful 1

I did not recognize Tessa. It was only because she was near Mariah that I was able to deduce it was her. Jill should be in the center, she is the longest running character after all, even if she isn't the original actress. And why is Jack dressed like a waiter? Glad it was before Noah got that haircut. Glad that Daniel is in the picture. Traci looks great. Phylthy looks good, but if she looks good from the front then her dress probably has cut-outs over her butt cheeks. And Lily - whoa! But best of all, Buttbiscuit is sitting on the little chair - hahaha!

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't mind nuSummer.... 🤷‍♀️

No, I like her, especially compared to Hunter King.  This one can not only act, she also never reminds me of a demented duck on a rampage. 

That's a good thing!

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

If anyone's taking a vote I don't mind nuSummer either. I think she dresses badly though for someone who worked in one of the fashion centers of the world and whose family now owns a fashion company. She's like the Hope Logan of GC.

The actor who plays Devon talked about bringing joy to people. He's never brought me any joy, just boredom. 

Except for the part where BJ was referring to the show bringing people joy, not himself personally.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Poor DD/Paul Williams. Has there been any confirmation that he still wasn't recurring at least in theory? I'm kind of surprised they didn't bring him back for the photo and maybe like one episode. Even Snapper Foster or Lori Brooks gets the occasional "one and done". I wonder what date they took the photo.

It's pretty impressive though herding all the cats for one big photo.

Also--and sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask--which day was the Lauren-centric episode with the clips?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 1/28/2023 at 12:18 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

If anyone's taking a vote I don't mind nuSummer either. I think she dresses badly though for someone who worked in one of the fashion centers of the world and whose family now owns a fashion company. She's like the Hope Logan of GC.

Yeah, she dresses fairly conservatively. They also put her in a lot of brown and dark tan. 

• Like 4
On 1/28/2023 at 1:08 PM, JasonCC said:

Poor DD/Paul Williams. Has there been any confirmation that he still wasn't recurring at least in theory? I'm kind of surprised they didn't bring him back for the photo and maybe like one episode. Even Snapper Foster or Lori Brooks gets the occasional "one and done". I wonder what date they took the photo.

It's pretty impressive though herding all the cats for one big photo.

Also--and sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask--which day was the Lauren-centric episode with the clips?

Spideysense says he deserves it. DD is allegedly not a good guy. Word around the watercooler is he's pretty despicable. That person who posts the daily Y and R videos has receipts. I tend to think they're of the Steve Burton variety. I liked PB's white tux, I think it looked nice.

I tend to think the entire cast is very good-looking and that includes former Summer Hunter King. She didn't need the collagen nor does CH they're both beautiful without it. I imagine the advent of HD has put even more pressure on female actors to look perfect in an industry that wasn't particularly forgiving to begin with.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Mishael Morgan (Amanda) has posted on her social media that she's returning to Y&R for a quick visit. I guess this means Amanda will be involved in the lawsuit between C-W and Devon. If she's representing C-W, the odds are in her favor I think because she wrote the merger contracts and said they were iron clad. He better hope she's not still mad about his cheating on her with Abby, lol.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6