Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 4/3/2019 at 8:19 PM, DivaT said:

Also, I've heard that the show wants to go back to a time (look and feel) when the show had higher ratings. Thusly, they are bringing in the characters and actors from that time. I expect more returns and onscreen dynamics to look like it did at least 5 or 6 years ago before Pratt and Mal took a sledgehammer to it. 

We've truly gone down the rabbit hole if 2013 is what they'd consider the good ol' days. 

That said, i hope Sharon's bipolar-for-plot-device stays in 2013. That was the only saving grace of the last two years. 

• Love 12

Karla Mosley is just waiting in the wings to be a new Lily IMO. 

She's a little too old for Lily though, right? It would let Mattie and Charlie's ages make more sense but otherwise, I dunno. She and Devon are supposed to be close to the same age. IMO, KM's Lily would clearly look the actual age difference between KM and BJ. And Neil wouldn't have been reasonably old enough to be her daddy unless they do a lot of retconning.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That said, i hope Sharon's bipolar-for-plot-device stays in 2013. That was the only saving grace of the last two years. 

Yes, I certainly hope it is forgotten just as Victor's epilepsy and heart transplant have been.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Last time I saw Ryder, he was trying to kill Daredevil 😄

Ryder's last appearance on the show,  he'd broken into Victoria's house  - when she had an entrance way - and hid in the closet under the stairs, as someone was coming home.  As far as I know...he never came out of there.

Insert "Skeletons in the Closet"  jokes here.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

I knew it! You’re back! Well deserved break although it’s unfortunate to lose a chance to do one more Neil scene. I know some loved... some hated... some don’t give a flying bird about her but you know what? It’s for me 😉

It’s no secret that I loved AMC more than other soaps so any chance to see former AMC alum is always welcome in my book. 

B8E07826-DE27-4AE0-AB51-672A42741C48.jpeg

• Love 4

So, it's official then. I just saw MCE's tweet about her return. Oh, bother.

I could have done without her. I loathed the character and I could barely withstand the actor. I'm begging them to put her with whatever else male there is (just not Jack). Hey! Maybe she and Kev can team up and go on a crime spree together. Might as well. She's got absolutely zero chemistry with any guy I've ever seen her with. I loathed her with both Adams and she couldn't help Nick much - but no one has to my satisfaction (and that includes Sharon except when she was 17).  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

i don't think she is a very strong actress but then i think my dislike comes from when she played crazy annie on amc...loathed the character and actress there and i can't stand her on y&r either.

too bad she couldn't cut it in prime time..

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 7
(edited)

Chelseacon's entire backstory and was ludicrous. It seriously made about as much sense as Cane's ridiculous Australian cattle rustling father's crime family and his twin son cons. Is there anyone in America who seriously thinks there's a lot of surfing going on in Myanmar? (This is where Billy was disappeared courtesy of his FIL and his co-conspirator, Chelsea).

I despised Chelsea. I particularly loathed the fact that she was brought in because EB pitched a fit and decided that by god, he was going to have a go at Sharon like he wanted to do during Bill Bell's day, who told him to go sit down. Chelsea was a contrived character as a grifter-con turned Chelserella, who became a 500 pound ball and chain for Adam to drag around. Adam would never have given that lightweight the time of day. "Love of my life" my ass. I hated everything about her. I hated her breathless Valley Girl voice and her tacky schmattas. Bring her back and put her with Dickolas. They're soulmates.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Bring her back and put her with Dickolas. They're soulmates.

Maybe she can get back with Billy.  For those who dislike both, two birds one stone and all that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

This is really really nice. My fave is at about 4:55 when Beth speaks about the moment when Traci brings up the "My Beauty" thing to Jack (how hurt she was that John called only one daughter this). She said she waited 37 years to say it out loud. And she submitted it for round 2 of Emmy voting. 

GAHHHHHHH she has to win!!!! I love her so much and it was such a powerful scene.

Also Peter and Beth are sooooo wonderful and articulate and clearly adore each other.

• Love 16
On 4/29/2019 at 12:02 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

She's a little too old for Lily though, right? It would let Mattie and Charlie's ages make more sense but otherwise, I dunno. She and Devon are supposed to be close to the same age. IMO, KM's Lily would clearly look the actual age difference between KM and BJ. And Neil wouldn't have been reasonably old enough to be her daddy unless they do a lot of retconning.

Normally not a big KM fan (don't hate her either) but I really would be intrigued with how she'd play Lily and how she'd interact with the men on canvas. She's already played a woman re-acclimating to society after a prison stint.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, miamama said:

This is really really nice. My fave is at about 4:55 when Beth speaks about the moment when Traci brings up the "My Beauty" thing to Jack (how hurt she was that John called only one daughter this). She said she waited 37 years to say it out loud. And she submitted it for round 2 of Emmy voting. 

GAHHHHHHH she has to win!!!! I love her so much and it was such a powerful scene.

Also Peter and Beth are sooooo wonderful and articulate and clearly adore each other.

That was one of the nicest things I've ever seen in a BTS sort of way.  Seeing the two of them talk about the show and themselves was an absolute delight.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, miamama said:

This is the best thing ever.  I love the relationship between the two.  But Beth is just such a star.  She should be doing public speaking, she is just a natural.  Thank you @miamama for posting this, it made me happy.

• Love 13
On 5/3/2019 at 10:23 AM, miamama said:

lol

With the casts public reaction on twitter, her return will be interesting backstage. Especially with how she trashed them after she went to GH. 

Not sure why TPTB would think bringing someone lacking team work and is toxic to the set would be a good idea. YR didn't need her back as Phyllis. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

The whole problem with Phyliss is not Michelle vs Gina, but that we've been getting WAY too much Phyllis and we need a vacation from The Beastess.

Correct. Phyllis needs a break. Years-long, preferably.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

would think bringing someone lacking team work 

Eh, GT lacked team work, as well, when she only wanted to work with Jason Thompson. 

• Love 13
(edited)
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Eh, GT lacked team work, as well, when she only wanted to work with Jason Thompson. 

But she got along with everyone else, whether in her story or not.  MS only wanted to work with JM and trashed everyone else.

The whole problem with Phyliss is not Michelle vs Gina, but that we've been getting WAY too much Phyllis and we need a vacation from The Beastess.

Yes, no Phyllis at all would be best.

Edited by Artsda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Clearly I should be shuffling paper today.

When that happens, I hit Twitter...

Speaking of which, I think I saw an item about some recently cast young male interest for Summer. This doesn't interest me, But the tweet had a screencap of a movie poster with a title like Psycho Stripper. No joke.

Apparently this is the most recent credit for the actor destined for Summer's amorous endeavours.

So, as I reach for the turban and my crystal ball...

I see assless chaps! I see a strip-off! Kyle vs. Who?

D5venNRXsAAjAVU.jpg

Edited by pearlite
  • LOL 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

With the casts public reaction on twitter, her return will be interesting backstage. Especially with how she trashed them after she went to GH. 

Not sure why TPTB would think bringing someone lacking team work and is toxic to the set would be a good idea. YR didn't need her back as Phyllis. 

There’s a solid month between Gina leaving set and Michelle arriving. That tweet was funny to me because Michelle left in a huff and is generally kind of an ass. But she’ll get a warm welcome and plenty of promo action I’m sure. 

I hate the Staff but Gina deserved to be fired. And if getting her off show means bringing back MS I’ll suck it up.

Of the two MS is preferable to me. But what a choice. Gah.

Edited by miamama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Speaking of which, I think I saw an item about some recently cast young male interest for Summer. This doesn't interest me, But the tweet had a screencap of a movie poster with a title like Psycho Stripper. No joke.

Apparently this is the most recent credit for the actor destined for Summer's amorous endeavours.

Ah yes, that art house film, Psycho Stripper.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/psycho-stripper

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll try to change the channel, 

Should be right up Hunter King's alley, mowah dwamha...

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Artsda said:

But she got along with everyone else, whether in her story or not.  MS only wanted to work with JM and trashed everyone else.

I don’t know how GT behaved to her co-stars faces, but acknowledging (RT and liking) tweets that bashed Amelia or the characters of Victoria, Nikki, Sharon isn’t exactly respect. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
25 minutes ago, pearlite said:

13 minutes ago, boes said:

Should be right up Hunter King's alley, mowah dwamha…

And here's the post at Daytime Confidential that talks about Tyler Johnson joining the cast of Y&R.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2019/05/03/tyler-johnson-joins-the-young-and-the-restless

Edited by dbklmt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

does dummer still have a lisp and sound like she has a nose full of snot?

Yep.  The only thing sexier than Dummer's desperate need for an emergency nasal lavage would be if she could yodel through that honker of hers at the same time.

Why then, she and ButtBiscuit could take it on the road!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, boes said:

Yep.  The only thing sexier than Dummer's desperate need for an emergency nasal lavage would be if she could yodel through that honker of hers at the same time.

Why then, she and ButtBiscuit could take it on the road!

Boes, you were involved in health-care, right?

Do people still have/get adenoids?

HKK's delivery always sounds like what my mother called "adenoidal." With a side of hyperactive sinuses.

• Love 7
(edited)
27 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don’t know how GT behaved to her co-stars faces, but acknowledging (RT and liking) tweets that bashed Amelia or the characters of Victoria, Nikki, Sharon isn’t exactly respect. 

Or tweeting: “people (heart emoji) Philly” attached to a poll within a day of her HW saying the storyline made the characters unlikeable and the pairing was dead.

Who does that???? This is your new HW!!!! Your boss!!!

But of course Gina had Mal lodged firmly up her ass so she could undermine/counter/challenge Sally as much as she wanted. He was the EP maneuvering for Sally’s job, which he promptly got.

Alas for “sweet” Gina Sally’s husband became everyone’s boss.

So she got a really swell farewell party. 

Edited by miamama
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, boes said:

Should be right up Hunter King's alley, mowah dwamha...

So that's the quality work Mark Hapka has been doing since he blew his chances on Days....

I wish I could still find a GIF, video or picture of his character Nathan having a door shut in his face where he's crying as it closes. It was hilarious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, valleycliffe said:

i do not find tyler very good looking at all.

and if they stick him with dummer, well, good luck sport.

Oh, he's very popular,. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, dickheads, they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Mr. Johnson (ahem) has a VERY punchable face.  If he is for Dummer, I wish them all the happiness in the world off of my screen.  I believe his character is the dude Dum and Kyle are supposed to jet to NYC to see (and, believe me, I am SO ashamed that I somehow retained that information).

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Mr. Johnson (ahem) has a VERY punchable face.  If he is for Dummer, I wish them all the happiness in the world off of my screen.  I believe his character is the dude Dum and Kyle are supposed to jet to NYC to see (and, believe me, I am SO ashamed that I somehow retained that information).

Nice monobrow too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

Boes, you were involved in health-care, right?

Do people still have/get adenoids?

HKK's delivery always sounds like what my mother called "adenoidal." With a side of hyperactive sinuses.

It's still done, but not anywhere near as often as it was when I was a kid.  Back then, they ripped the adenoids out when they took out your tonsils and they pretty much ALWAYS took out the tonsils.  In those days, the docs had a real eugenic approach to pediatrics.

Adenoids are part of the immune system, sort of a filter in the back of your upper throat to filter out irritants in infants and toddlers.  Usually, as I understand it, the adenoids shrink to almost nothing after the first 6 years so most kids don't have any issues.  I didn't mind having mine out because I got toys and ice cream.  Cheap date then and now.

What your mom said is exactly what mine would have said, too, about how Dummer sounds.  But I bet what she really needs is a decent antihistamine and a flea dip.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, boes said:

Well, the other 3 shows set the bar pretty low.....

Daytime Emmys are more a participation prize than an award for excellence anymore.

I used to love the Daytime Emmy awards when we had all the soaps. In the 80s, the CBS soaps won a lot, and it was so fun with the big hair. The 80s was truly a golden time for the soaps. 

• Love 13

We spent our daughter’s first birthday in the ER with her running a 104+ degree fever and ear infections in both ears. Fast forward a year and multiple ear infections, strep throats and a seizure due to high fever. She had tubes put in her ears and her adnoids removed. Never had another ear infection or strep throat. Her hearing improved greatly according to the audiologist who took care of her. That was a very tough year as my husband was in Korea and I was home with a 5 year old and this baby. She’s healthy as a horse now so that’s all we care about. 

• Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Liking a tweet bashing a fellow cast mate doesn’t seem like something she would do. And Amelia didn’t seem to have a problem with Gina. And characters are fictional. I follow Gina on Facebook and Twitter and I don’t understand all the animosity toward her. I love Gina and I- listen to me, listen to me- can’t stand Stafford. I can’t stand her. I just can’t stand her. 

And- Jazz hands!!

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Liking a tweet bashing a fellow cast mate doesn’t seem like something she would do.

She did it, lol. It’s all there on her Twitter feed.

• Love 8

Characters are fictional? Damn. It. I have been scrimping and saving to fly out to Genoa City in the hopes I might catch Jack’s eye and gain a sophisticated sugar daddy. Well, onto the next dream. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, pearlite said:

D5venNRXsAAjAVU.jpg

Psycho stripper, qu’est-ce que c’est?

COME ON somebody had to do it 👀

• LOL 8
  • Love 1