Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

(edited)

^^Loren Lott seems to be kiboshing the spumors that Ana would be getting into a love triangle with Tessa and Mariah. Hmm. Whatever, I hope they do give Ana a romantic pairing soon. It's odd to me that she's been kept single all this time. The storyline doesn't explain it, like maybe she's been getting over a bad breakup or something.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5
(edited)

This is huge. As far AMC-related gets are concerned it's not at the level of SL or MEK but it's the next best. She had a good long run at AMC and was in a couple of high-profile pairings. I am giving it a tentative thumbs-up

So, is she slated for Rey or Jack? FGS, keep her away from Billy, Victor, and Nick.

ETA: Definitely not slated for Rey in a romantic sense. Read elsewhere that she's going to play Rey and Lola's mother. WTF? She's only 14 years older than Jordi Vilasuso (Rey). I mean it's not impossible but ugh. Why not Rey and Lola's tia instead?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Fifteen year age difference. Sounds ridiculous, but it happens. And it seems like we're going to be seeing whole lot more of that going forward.

How are they going to explain the radio silence about her. I like Joi's idea of making her the Rosales kids' aunt. And I'm thinking that she's headed in Jack's direction. Well good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Fifteen year age difference. Sounds ridiculous, but it happens. And it seems like we're going to be seeing whole lot more of that going forward.

How are they going to explain the radio silence about her. I like Joi's idea of making her the Rosales kids' aunt. And I'm thinking that she's headed in Jack's direction. Well good.

I really like this actor.  Even when they gave her crap writing and AMC sure did that towards the end of her run, she was still a pleasure to watch.  She and Jack would be fantastic.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Yeah, I think if the MWTs take their time and write it right (🙄) ELR and PB could make the kind of magic that hasn't been seen on Y&R in a while. No instant trips to Bali and expensive jewelry, no working with his relatives against him, no fake names, no holding him hostage in South America.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)

I can't believe that Eva LaRue is returning to the soaps. She must be struggling for work. I suppose this shouldn't be a surprise given the ageism in Hollywood.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

Fifteen year age difference. Sounds ridiculous, but it happens. And it seems like we're going to be seeing whole lot more of that going forward.

See also The Graduate. Anne Bancroft was only six years older than Dustin Hoffman.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I think if the MWTs take their time and write it right (🙄) ELR and PB could make the kind of magic that hasn't been seen on Y&R in a while. No instant trips to Bali and expensive jewelry, no working with his relatives against him, no fake names, no holding him hostage in South America.

^^ this

I just want someone to have a good old fashioned romance.

I think it's why I can't stand the fact that the only real "love" match going on right now is with Kyle and Lola.  There are plenty on Y&R who could stand some romance in their lives - PB is definitely my first pick!  Poor guy's character has been screwed over so many times, could just one area of his life be pleasant and uncomplicated?

And I'm about tired of the Victor/Nikki and Nick/Sharon divorces, marriages, almost marriages, etc.  We get it!  They are destined to fail....repeatedly!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I can't believe that Eva LaRue is returning to the soaps. She must be struggling for work. I suppose this shouldn't be surprise given the ageism in Hollywood.

I totally agree. She’s been in prime time for years and the offers must have dried up. She’s even too old for Hallmark Channel. You’d think with the Lori Loughlin scandal that Hallmark could find work for a 50 year old. Meanwhile Kelly Ripa is making 20 million + dollars a year and only has to “work” an hour a day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Meanwhile Kelly Ripa is making 20 million + dollars a year and only has to “work” an hour a day. 

Ripa does have a sweet gig. It will keep her employed for longer than many women in Hollywood, but eventually even she will be tufted out like Kathie Lee Gifford was when they decide she is too old.

• Love 10

I’ve always thought that Kelly Ripa had less talent than my cat, Millie. What, exactly, is her talent? Besides being skinny, talking about being skinny and what she doesn’t eat, talking about her kids when they’ve asked her not to? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

i like kelly ripa.

i liked her as haley vaughn on amc

i liked when she was picked to be with regis on live with regis and kelly.

i like she's been married to mark for over 20 yrs.

i like when she talks and posts pics of her kids when on vacay in vancouver

so, that's my unpopular opinion on reel to real..

• Love 15

Although, I could see her with PB. It is funny though that people are saying Eva is age appropriate for him when he’s 65 years old. You know a soap isn’t going to cast a 60-65 year old actress for the role. Heaven forbid. 

• Love 8

Why would Jack have to be with someone within five years of PB's age? Where is that written? AFAIC, the age appropriate formula is half your age + seven years. If ELR is going to play a character who's near her own age then I think she's well within range for both PB and Jack.

Meanwhile, I continue to find it interesting how some YR fans on multiple soap forums including this one get particularly annoyed when the show hires former AMC actors. Even MEK got complaints and he's like soap royalty. What's that all about?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why would Jack have to be with someone within five years of PB's age? Where is that written? AFAIC, the age appropriate formula is half your age + seven years. If ELR is going to play a character who's near her own age then I think she's well within range for both PB and Jack.

Meanwhile, I continue to find it interesting how some YR fans on multiple soap forums including this one get particularly annoyed when the show hires former AMC actors. Even MEK got complaints and he's like soap royalty. What's that all about?

I didn’t say it was written anywhere. It was opinion. Isn’t that what these threads are....opinions? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I didn’t say it was written anywhere. It was opinion. Isn’t that what these threads are....opinions

I didn't say you said it was written. I have opinions as well.

• Love 5

Eva LaRue looks amazing for her age. But so does PB. I mean I'm not going to pretend that these people aren't genetically blessed and look after themselves.

And I am blown out that show hired an actress over 50!!!!!! While it's unfortunate they don't push it and hire women over 60, the truth is they don't hire men that age range either. In fact when is the last time they hired a new guy over 40? I guess the actor who plays Jett; but he's peripheral. PB and EB are mainstays on this show and bring in the viewers. Like it or not that seems to be the case. 

I'll happily take this lovely 52-year-old woman....please please please please for Jack.

• Love 15

Eva LaRue is 52 and looks 10 years younger. Jordi V. is 37 and looks older than that (IMHO). I can’t buy them as mother and son. However, I adored Eva LaRue as Maria on AMC. She was a bright light there and this might be enough to have me tune back in regularly.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

And I'm about tired of the Victor/Nikki and Nick/Sharon divorces, marriages, almost marriages, etc.  We get it!  They are destined to fail....repeatedly!

Amen! That's why they need to stop it already. Nobody wants it and nobody enjoys it. It's just a constant lather, rinse, repeat. It's (marginally) acceptable when the players are angsty youth, testing and pushing the boundaries. One expects twenty and thirtysomethings to be engaged in ridiculous and hurtful romantic gameplaying, but when folks are approaching middle age and those that are about ready for the retirement home it's not credible and it's definitely not palatable. Cut it out show.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

Eva LaRue is 52 and looks 10 years younger. Jordi V. is 37 and looks older than that (IMHO). I can’t buy them as mother and son. However, I adored Eva LaRue as Maria on AMC. She was a bright light there and this might be enough to have me tune back in regularly.

I'm not even thinking about this Jordi guy. lol. I'm happy they have a woman over 50 who can potentially free Jack from the Phyllis vortex.

• Love 20

Where was Mami Rosales when her baby daughter was dying for some liver?  And why would she come to GC when her first (we presume) Grand Stubble Baby is headed to Miami (so, so sorry, Miami)?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

Where was Mami Rosales when her baby daughter was dying for some liver?  And why would she come to GC when her first (we presume) Grand Stubble Baby is headed to Miami (so, so sorry, Miami)?

Now THAT is a very interesting question! Did she get tested for Lola’s transplant?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Hopefully Mama Rosales has an interesting backstory that includes being estranged from her children due to her marriage to a wealthy, now deceased, husband of whom the kids never approved. So she's been living incommunicado in Monaco until she heard of Lola's recent drama. 

How do you like my story??? ;)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, basiltherat said:

5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Now THAT is a very interesting question! Did she get tested for Lola’s transplant?

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I honestly didn't even know Mama Rosales was alive.  Why did all her children move to GC from Miami without her?  

7 minutes ago, paisley said:

Hopefully Mama Rosales has an interesting backstory that includes being estranged from her children due to her marriage to a wealthy, now deceased, husband of whom the kids never approved. So she's been living incommunicado in Monaco until she heard of Lola's recent drama. 

How do you like my story??? 😉

Maybe she's just had her phone on mute for the last 6 months, it happens.

Or, she always prefers to be wherever Arturo isn't?

But I hope it's something along the lines of Paisley 's story!

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, paisley said:

I want a balance in her relationship with Jack, none of that purse drama. Jack deserves love that's easy like Sunday morning.

YES!  And by the way Paisley, I like your song choice.  The Commodores really brought that one home....

• Love 14
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, ByaNose said:

Although, I could see her with PB. It is funny though that people are saying Eva is age appropriate for him when he’s 65 years old. You know a soap isn’t going to cast a 60-65 year old actress for the role. Heaven forbid. 

My husband is 12 years older than I am. I married him when I was in my mid-forties and I was still unwrinkled and slim. Men my age were hooking up and marrying cutie little simpletons practically out of high school and churning out one ankle biter after another. My stepson just married a girl about ten years younger than himself. That's the way the world turns these days.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, paisley said:

I want a balance in her relationship with Jack, none of that purse drama. Jack deserves love that's easy like Sunday morning.

We don't even know whether she's intended to be paired with Jack or not at this point! Maybe she's going to go through a rotation. Seriously, she's still hot and certainly doesn't look like an average fifty year old.  She's not much older than Morrow or Goddard. Certainly within the range of them at the least.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

We don't even know whether she's intended to be paired with Jack or not at this point! Maybe she's going to go through a rotation. Seriously, she's still hot and certainly doesn't look like an average fifty year old.  She's not much older than Morrow or Goddard. Certainly within the range of them at the least.

True.........I think it's just hopeful suggestion on my part!

Please, please, please don't let Cane get his paws on her first, though!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

She's not much older than Morrow

LOLOL  and if she is popular with the suits, i can see jm jumping on the bandwagon wanting to be paired with her and filling up his twitter feed with accolades for her akteen skillz..

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

True.........I think it's just hopeful suggestion on my part!

Please, please, please don't let Cane get his paws on her first, though!

I think it's reasonable to assume Eva LaRue is for Jack.

I cannot imagine the show is sending Mama Rosales over to Nick or Cane. If a woman is over 40 they mark her for Victor and MAYBE Jack. In this case, Jack has built in story with Mama Rosales via Lola and Kyle (who need external drama because their schmoopy love story is snooze worthy).

Also Jazz Hands is coming and Chelsea is returning. There are women for Nick. (JM must be overjoyed. He's "pals" with them both. And show is all about him being happy and laughing BTS, according to him. RME.)

As for DG, why is he still on this show? The Tracy thing is different and I'm happy BM has story but after it plays out I don't see them being paired. 

• Love 13
On 5/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Which is rather ironic because Peter Bergman played a memorable character on AMC to begin with.

• Love 7

What is it with Y&R & DG? For some reason, the show can’t shake him. He must be really popular with the fans (not necessarily here) and, the brass. I just don’t understand his appeal. He looks so rough on the show. I swear he looks like he’s been on a bender before each show and somehow drags his a** to the studio. It’s so odd to me. I thought when CK parted they would get rid of him. I guess they want to keep both of Jill’s boy on the the show for conflict. 

• Love 12
(edited)
37 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

What is it with Y&R & DG? For some reason, the show can’t shake him. He must be really popular with the fans (not necessarily here) and, the brass. I just don’t understand his appeal. He looks so rough on the show. I swear he looks like he’s been on a bender before each show and somehow drags his a** to the studio. It’s so odd to me. I thought when CK parted they would get rid of him. I guess they want to keep both of Jill’s boy on the the show for conflict. 

I’ve never understood the appeal of Cane or the actor who portrays him. The character is a terrible husband and human being. Cane treats Lily like garbage yet considers  her to be his possession. I don’t enjoy DG’s brand of acting. He only ever seems to pose and mumble. 

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 16

On 5/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not me. I've been on CBS feedback dunning for MEK and Traci. She's kind enough to tolerate his Big Bangish DR. and he's sunny and funny (Hell he almost made Ash likable) he and Traci would be adorable super fantasy senior couple. He could be her reward for putting up with her family's shit.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:04 AM, catalogrrr said:

She could have had Rey at 16 and everyone could ogle and giggle and say "That's your MOM?"

On 5/17/2019 at 9:45 PM, paisley said:

How do you like my story??? 😉

Tasty. She would have to have been way young and pappa Rosales didn't sound a treat. She might have gone that way, It would give her some friction with Jack.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

LOLOL  and if she is popular with the suits, i can see jm jumping on the bandwagon wanting to be paired with her and filling up his twitter feed with accolades for her akteen skillz..

You know, I'm not sure ELR isn't younger than Stafford. I wouldn't rule it out that they may try both of them with JM. He seems to get to dictate to TPTB whom he wants to be paired with. They have been obliging him for well over a decade now. He's a bit like EB in that respect.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

You know, I'm not sure ELR isn't younger than Stafford. I wouldn't rule it out that they may try both of them with JM. He seems to get to dictate to TPTB whom he wants to be paired with. They have been obliging him for well over a decade now. He's a bit like EB in that respect.

yes, i know he lurves the stafford 🙄 and most especially when she was the pet of the headwriters.. can't wait until they get back to their "secret word" games...or changing dialogue to something they like better.. i do not expect the phyl character to be any different than the stafford.🙄

• Love 7
7 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i do not expect the phyl character to be any different than the stafford.🙄

If her performance on GH is any indication, you are absolutely correct.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

You know, I'm not sure ELR isn't younger than Stafford.

Me either. I'd be surprised to see her character paired with Nick though.

Has anyone seen these spumors about Billy Miller returning as soon as his GH contract is up? To have both him and MS back would be an attention-getter, I think.

• Love 5

I dunno about that. I was stunned last week to see that Nick and Chelsea have been keeping in touch with each other. I wouldn't rule out the fact that she and Nick as well as Adam have a go at it in rotation when MCE returns. I don't see how they'd be able to just return to a default relationship setting, with Chelsea and Adam uniting immediately, especially since her more recent significant relationship was with Nick. I think Chelsea will be a point of conflict for Nick and Adam. I don't understand how any man would be so driven to have this trifle of a person though (especially Adam). If she were Skye Lockhart, that would be different. I think it's a fair bet to assume that everything will all get blown up when MS returns as Phyllis.

I'm wondering if they plan to have Phyllis offscreen for a short period before Old Phyllis returns.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Me either. I'd be surprised to see her character paired with Nick though.

Has anyone seen these spumors about Billy Miller returning as soon as his GH contract is up? To have both him and MS back would be an attention-getter, I think.

all i have seen is people wanting it to happen cause ms is back....but he comes back as what?  the real billy?  what happens to jt then.  guess he could go back to gh..🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 3