Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I haven’t fully read this thread, so I apologize if this has already been said, but why would they have the Adam actors test with SC unless they were being paired? And why would they pair them again? Isn’t Chelsea coming back? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i wonder how many screen tests ms. case had to have with the "different adams".

do they each have just 1 and done and decide from that?

anyone ever been to auditions and know how they work?

We know who she didn't test with: Hartley. Alright. I don't really know that, but I can guess she didn't because of the fact that they never interacted with each other and that was JFP's plan. She brought Steve Burton on that show to be *The Star* of Y&R. Burton was always intended to supplant MM and BM. She couldn't wait to get them off the show to plant her boy there. Hartley was someone she probably squeed about when he was available and willing to commit to a two year contract or so, but I don't believe he was The Plan. It was all about SB and she turned the show upside down and inside out to make that happen. It's my belief that she wanted Jason Thompson to play Adam and she missed the opportunity because GH quickly re-signed him or risk losing him to Y&R (which would have been quickly on the heels of having lost SB).

JFP was so busy trying to make SB a "fit" that she put him with as many then-lead actresses as she could, and she most likely had one she wanted him with and that was SC. She brought in an entirely new character to be JH's initial screen partner then quickly moved him away from that and into MCE's orbit. They completely dropped any mention or reference to the relationship Sharon and Adam had. It was as if it never existed and they never had any meaningful interaction. And JFP completely altered Adam's personality and made him as different from the dark and troubled Adam as was possible.  The fact that JH and Chadam became even remotely popular was based on JH's personable mien, but he was never the really black sheep of the Newman offspring as he was never intended to be.  But the whole show was intended to revolve around Dylan.  The subsequent battle duo between Adam and Nick for first Sage, and then Chelsea was about keeping SB front and center and appeasing a piqued JM.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
(edited)

MS replacing GT as Phyllis to is quite depressing. MS is terrible on all levels, but at least GT provides the heightened drama better. 

Honestly, given that MS is now on her way back, why not make it ironically funny. Have her be involved with the new Adam, have her be involved with Kyle. At least make it funny.

Edited by evenstephens
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, evenstephens said:

MS replacing GT as Phyllis to is quite depressing. MS is terrible on all levels, but at least GT provides the heightened drama better. 

Honestly, given that MS is now on her way back, why not make it ironically funny. Have her be involved with the new Adam, have her be involved with Kyle. At least make it funny. 

She should be involved with a Cocker Spaniel named Pico!

• LOL 3

Is it me or does DG/Cane usually look better on Twitter, Insta, candid pics OFF THE SET than he does on Y&R? I think he is essentially a good looking mid-40s guy, I wonder if some scruff would help? I know he was supposed to look worn out and sloppy a few days back with the 5 0"clock shadow but I say keep it going and give it a try.

I also think years of him doing the creepy, whispery, hovering around thing to much-younger Lily hasn't done him any favors. Cocky and arrogant seem a better fit for him.

• Love 8

Goddard's comment (thanks for posting @spinxella) and Sally's reply prompted me to seek this speech out.

It's so funny to watch this clip for its awkwardness. lmao. Y&R wins at about 2:20. Watch Mal blather on about himself as everyone stands weirdly around and everyone in the room knows he was dumped on his ass after dreadful ratings and BTS toxicity. Dude actually talked as though it was HIS award. Reveals why he was a disaster. He never respected the show or the brand.

• Love 13
On 5/8/2019 at 9:33 AM, Toomuchsoap said:

We know who she didn't test with: Hartley. Alright. I don't really know that, but I can guess she didn't because of the fact that they never interacted with each other and that was JFP's plan. She brought Steve Burton on that show to be *The Star* of Y&R. Burton was always intended to supplant MM and BM. She couldn't wait to get them off the show to plant her boy there. Hartley was someone she probably squeed about when he was available and willing to commit to a two year contract or so, but I don't believe he was The Plan. It was all about SB and she turned the show upside down and inside out to make that happen. It's my belief that she wanted Jason Thompson to play Adam and she missed the opportunity because GH quickly re-signed him or risk losing him to Y&R (which would have been quickly on the heels of having lost SB).

JFP was so busy trying to make SB a "fit" that she put him with as many then-lead actresses as she could, and she most likely had one she wanted him with and that was SC. She brought in an entirely new character to be JH's initial screen partner then quickly moved him away from that and into MCE's orbit. They completely dropped any mention or reference to the relationship Sharon and Adam had. It was as if it never existed and they never had any meaningful interaction. And JFP completely altered Adam's personality and made him as different from the dark and troubled Adam as was possible.  The fact that JH and Chadam became even remotely popular was based on JH's personable mien, but he was never the really black sheep of the Newman offspring as he was never intended to be.  But the whole show was intended to revolve around Dylan.  The subsequent battle duo between Adam and Nick for first Sage, and then Chelsea was about keeping SB front and center and appeasing a piqued JM.

+1

JFP got rid of BM and MM so that SBu would have no competition.

She definitely wanted JT to play Adam. And he seemingly played an Adam-esque Billy. 

JFP wanted what's her face to play Phyllis. GT was foist upon her. So she gave Sage the story with Nick and Sharon that would have otherwise been something Phyllis would play. 

the one thing I don't agree with you on is that JFP wanted SBu's Dylan paired with Sharon.  She did NOT. But she decided to bite the bullet and go there in hopes that SBu/Dylan could be made and saved. It's the same reason we are getting Rey paired with Sharon. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Dude actually talked as though it was HIS award. Reveals why he was a disaster. He never respected the show or the brand.

I agree with this, he seems like a complete tool.  And Peter Bergman needs to be given an acting award for standing behind him and being professional with a somewhat genuine pasted on smile.

But, Mal was the showrunner and so, from his perspective, the win confirms that he was right and everyone else was wrong.  And he took the opportunity to revel in his win and his smugness.  You could just feel all of the eyes rolling on the stage, even if we couldn't see them.  

Why is that the showrunners who are generally considered the ones that wreck the shows, often win the Emmy?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Why is that the showrunners who are generally considered the ones that wreck the shows, often win the Emmy?

Because apparently we're too dumb to know any better 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Because it’s literally one episode that is being judged and these days the competition is three other choices.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Because it’s literally one episode that is being judged and these days the competition is three other choices.

Peter looked so calm at the Emmys. Good actor.

Who knew DG had taste. And he looked good...WTF do the makeup people on the show do?

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, I remember when Maria Arena Bell had won the Emmy a few months before she was eventually canned. The only reason she wasn't fired sooner was because her husband convinced Steve Kent and CBS to let her "bask" in the recent Best Writing and Show awards for a few months before sacking her. The handwriting was on the wall about a year before she was fired anyway, because the show was off the rails. She was rarely onset and spent most her time as a benefactor for MOMA. The inmates at the time were more than restless. They were cannibalizing the writers and each other BTS (remember the horrid rift between SC and EB?) That happened when she had the temerity on Twitter or Facebook to reply to a fan with the comment, "...Imagine how I feel," in response to a furious rant about how revolted and angry they were about Shictor.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Doesn't it show what a "tool" (to quote @bannana's perfect word) Mal is? This is not a referendum on your regime Mal. You are not being vindicated here. 

I also (I cannot say this has ever happened before nor is it likely to happen again) enjoyed Daniel Goddard speaking about Mal. lmao. Everyone in the building is happy Josh is back. And Mal took everything personally. What a horrible way to work. And I believe DG because listen to Mal's acceptance speech: He is tone deaf, self important, not terribly bright, feels validated by a silly award that everyone knows comes via a very very flawed process in a dying industry wherein the competition is embarrassingly bad. 

He didn't even respond to Shemar's "This is for you KSJ." That would have been a perfect launch into this is for the cast and crew and I'm honoured to have been a teeny tiny part of it. He just went on an about himself. "I began as a props guy blah blah blah blah..."

boy that was embarrassing.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, miamama said:

Everyone in the building is happy Josh is back. And Mal took everything personally. 

“Everyone.” Now that Gina’s gone...

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

RC Cates is the music supervisor at Y&R. He also liked Sally's response to DG's tweet above. And a couple days earlier tweeted this. Do we agree it refers to the London fog (aka Mal)? Or was there a poisonous fog in L.A. last week?

😉

Also as an aside "from whence" drives me BANANAS. #LeaveOutTheFrom

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, miamama said:

RC Cates is the music supervisor at Y&R. He also liked Sally's response to DG's tweet above. And a couple days earlier tweeted this. Do we agree it refers to the London fog (aka Mal)? Or was there a poisonous fog in L.A. last week?

😉

Also as an aside "from whence" drives me BANANAS. #LeaveOutTheFrom

wonder if it has anything to do with all the "miss behive" songs inserted to show..i think that's what his wife's stage name is or something like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

wonder if it has anything to do with all the "miss behive" songs inserted to show..i think that's what his wife's stage name is or something like that.

oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. That would have driven the music team nuts. lol.

Edited by miamama
I hate autocorrect
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Kevin, Michael, Paul! Quick! Grab a pair of scissors and cut Lauen’s hair while you can hold her down.

I was thinking two things looking at that pic:

1. Lauren has on normal clothing 😲
  2. It would be hilarious if someone, anyone, grabbed Lauren's two ponytail-like extensions and pretended to ride her like a horse 🐎
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

why is dummer in jail?

Well, it can't be because stupidity and venality are suddenly illegal in our fair city or the cells would be bursting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

why is dummer in jail?

Is it possible that lisping has become illegal?  

Becawth THAT would be INTHANE!

• LOL 14

I know what you mean, @ByaNose.  CLB always seems to be everywhere, taking pictures or videos when people least expect it.  He does seem like the life of any party!

I'm wondering, does anyone here know anything about him?  Does he have a partner?  You never see anything about him being with someone - male or female.  It's like he's asexual or something!  He does seem to keep his private life private, which in this day and age seems impossible to do.  Maybe I'm not reading in the right places  🙂

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I know what you mean, @ByaNose.  CLB always seems to be everywhere, taking pictures or videos when people least expect it.  He does seem like the life of any party!

I'm wondering, does anyone here know anything about him?  Does he have a partner?  You never see anything about him being with someone - male or female.  It's like he's asexual or something!  He does seem to keep his private life private, which in this day and age seems impossible to do.  Maybe I'm not reading in the right places  🙂

I did a little digging and all I could find out is that he's a Virgo. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I did a little digging and all I could find out is that he's a Virgo. 

Same here, off and on over the years I've dug around and come up empty.  One fun fact I did find - it was some question and answer thing CLB did and the question was something like "tell us one thing we don't know about you".........CLB answered that he was a redhead!  He dyes his hair! 

You can see this sometimes the way the light catches him and he's in need of a new dye job...there's a tint o' red to his hair.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Same here, off and on over the years I've dug around and come up empty.  One fun fact I did find - it was some question and answer thing CLB did and the question was something like "tell us one thing we don't know about you".........CLB answered that he was a redhead!  He dyes his hair! 

You can see this sometimes the way the light catches him and he's in need of a new dye job...there's a tint o' red to his hair.

I thought his hair was purple or red because he was trying to cover up the gray. After, a while when you dye your hair jet black like he does it shows purple under the hot lights. Anyway, I hope he gets a good storyline with TB and with the return of GR. He’s been on the back burner for a few years now. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I've always assumed CLB was gay, but yes for someone who is so photogenic and media happy we do never see a husband, partner, or boyfriend in the pics. I interacted with him in person in Seattle once at the charity benefit with Kate Linder, TB/Lauren, Daniel Goddard and Michael Muhney Adam.....he and MM were SUPER silly and funny and over the top with improvised one-liners. DG jumped in too, but less sexual entendres from him.

Although me and my Days blogger BFF who came with me loved it and laughed (it was only noon-ish so the drinks weren't even really flowing yet!) a couple times I thought maybe the older, (conservative?) women attending weren't thrilled with all the gay/sexual humor? The two were cute together, having fun, and definitely egged each other on. 

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

I saw a Y and R fan event on twitter. 

Join @HunterHaleyKing @Michael_Mealor and the #YR Cast at the #YR Fan Event on Sunday 6/23 in Burbank! To purchase tickets email: yrfanclub@cbs.com

That's Summer and Kyle. They're in a video jostling each other while Dummer's boobs are on display. Does the show have many fan events?   Back in the 80s(the glory soap days), CBS soap stars often came to my neck of woods which is far from Burbank.  I saw people from As the World Turns, Guiding Light, and Michael Damian or Danny from the Young and the Restless. Don't be too jealous. lol MD talked about how beautiful Lauralee Bell was. As a teen, I thought that was sweet. Now I wonder if he was just sucking up to Bill Bell.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I saw people from As the World Turns, Guiding Light, and Michael Damian or Danny from the Young and the Restless. Don't be too jealous. lol MD talked about how beautiful Lauralee Bell was. As a teen, I thought that was sweet. Now I wonder if he was just sucking up to Bill Bell.

Weren't Michael Damian and Lauralee Bell a couple in real life for a while? Or am I not remembering that correctly?

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1