Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Rosie O'Donnell,  and the person on opiates could be Whoopi who just had back surgery or maybe she just enjoys them.  Whoopi has never made a secret that she enjoys a recreational smoke of weed, so why not other things?   Regardless I see Rosie as being bitter and instead of just taking her dignity that she has left and leaving quietly, she's going to throw around some dirt.  She and Whoopi clearly never clicked. 

• Love 2

She's quit and gone back so many x. Probably in a year or 2 she will rejoin if she he's bored or needs so fast cash. It's amazing there's so many spinoff and rip offs of The View (I don't really care for any-they all talk over each other).

Eileen Davidson is doing great on RH of BH and very popular but when she was on Watch What Happens Live didn't seem that enthusiastic about the show leading some to speculate this will be her only season.

• Love 1

Rosie O'Donnell,  and the person on opiates could be Whoopi who just had back surgery or maybe she just enjoys them.  Whoopi has never made a secret that she enjoys a recreational smoke of weed, so why not other things?   Regardless I see Rosie as being bitter and instead of just taking her dignity that she has left and leaving quietly, she's going to throw around some dirt.  She and Whoopi clearly never clicked.

Whoopi is cool and Rosie not so much.. people like whoopi and cannot stand that mean, nasty , bitter shrew Rosie.

• Love 2

I think The View is stupid, and I can't believe it exists. 

Eileen Davidson is doing great on RH of BH and very popular but when she was on Watch What Happens Live didn't seem that enthusiastic about the show leading some to speculate this will be her only season.

A friend of mine is obsessed with RHOBH, and always gives me updates on Eileen.  lol  He thinks she's miserable!  And that she seems pretty normal, which I guess is the problem.  haha

• Love 9
Regardless I see Rosie as being bitter and instead of just taking her dignity that she has left and leaving quietly, she's going to throw around some dirt.  She and Whoopi clearly never clicked. 

Perhaps but the rumor I "heard" is that TPTB wanted and intended to fire Whoopi but when Rosie jumped the gun and announced she was leaving it ruined their plans. I don't watch The View (feh, ABC Daytime) and find all this dramaz between women of their ages kind of funny.

She probably had some legitimate gripes and wrongs against her, but it will eat you alive to nurse grievences and resentments for, what, 8 years now???

It's almost starting to seem pathological with her. So sad because she's a good actress.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

I think The View is stupid, and I can't believe it exists. 

A friend of mine is obsessed with RHOBH, and always gives me updates on Eileen.  lol  He thinks she's miserable!  And that she seems pretty normal, which I guess is the problem.  haha

Me too! Can't stand any one on that show!

• Love 2

Didn't they just do the Ian murder mystery with Dylan as prime suspect? 

VR needs to move on, they're not hiring her because of the disaster drama she'd cause on set. She has feuds with Peter Bergman, feuds with Christel. Who ever else, last thing Y&R needs is more backstage drama when they just got rid of MM and MS.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

I'm afraid you're right - He's the only tall dark, and dreamy on the show. Just another storyline with Dylan, the block of wood, front and center as the main suspect. JFP does shove him down our throats constantly. The only person I can stand him with is Faith.

Ugh fuck this show. You're right ... Um how's tall on this show? Joe, Adam (but he's blond ish and new and core), Neil is tall I think?, who else is tall, dark, and attractive????

And Snoresville at Dildo being the main suspect of a crime. He's been in like 2 now who gives a shit. He's such a rageaholic people should give him the side eye though.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

I think it's Austin.  One time, Mariah even teased him about being "so dreamy."  They're going to make him a bad boy asshole here at the last minute, and so he can piss off enough people to potentially murder him. 

• Love 5

I think it's Austin.  One time, Mariah even teased him about being "so dreamy."  They're going to make him a bad boy asshole here at the last minute, and so he can piss off enough people to potentially murder him. 

I didn't even think about him - he is tall, dark, and dreamy to some people.  You have no idea how much I hope you are right and we get to keep the real tall, dark, and dreamy Joe.  AND Austin is suddenly being extremely pissy, isn't he?

• Love 5

If it's between Asstin and Joe it would be stupid (story wise) to kill off Asstin. Summer is the only one who would care about him being dead. Joe being killed would provide more story because it would involve Boobies Esquire and Dildo and all his supporters. 

• Love 3

Maybe they'll both die, who knows?  Seems like a lot of mayhem is in store. 

I'm kind of hoping Joe is trying to break up Avery and Dylan, and get her back, just so he can dump her.

If it's between Asstin and Joe it would be stupid (story wise) to kill off Asstin. Summer is the only one who would care about him being dead. Joe being killed would provide more story because it would involve Boobies Esquire and Dildo and all his supporters. 

It being stupid just makes it more likely.

• Love 6

I truly hope it's not Austin that dies, not because I love him, but because I can't bear the thought of Summer not only being on every day, but wailing every.single.day. Team Bug over all of those Summers' women.

• Love 6

The actor that plays Austin was recurring on Parenthood for a season (or 2?) so I like him and I think he can be interesting with the right screen partner (Mae Whitman, Camryn Grimes).  However, if they insist on keeping him with Summer, he can go.

• Love 5

carrigan_sean.jpg

How old is this photo of SC (it headed a recent article at another soap site)?  He looks so different.  Now he looks like Curly from the Three Stooges.

OMG!!  With no hair and now being "full figured" he is totally different looking.  Curly is spot on!  And can he say any lines without his mouth hanging open all the time?  It is like he has a breathing problem and can't breathe through his nose...he says a line mouth gapes and gapes the whole time.  

• Love 4

Looks like Victoria Rowell (Dru) still can't let it go and is actually suing CBS & the Bell Family.

She probably had some legitimate gripes and wrongs against her, but it will eat you alive to nurse grievences and resentments for, what, 8 years now???

Just saw some pages from VR's lawsuit and she is naming names. Melody Thomas-Scott is named for her mocking VR while wearing an Afro wig on the set. Peter Bergman is named for calling her mentally unstable publicly, while Michelle Stafford is cited for spitting on her, calling her a "freak", and saying "nobody likes you here". I knew this was going to get ugly and drag members of the cast into the courtroom. Juicy stuff indeed.

• Love 4

OMG!!  With no hair and now being "full figured" he is totally different looking.  Curly is spot on!  And can he say any lines without his mouth hanging open all the time?  It is like he has a breathing problem and can't breathe through his nose...he says a line mouth gapes and gapes the whole time.  

Seems like the show has the uncanny ability to take very good-looking men and turn them into something repulsive (see: Joe Clark). They did it to Fen for a long time, too.  I would not have recognized this picture as being the SC we are looking at.  Wonder what Devon actually looks like with hair?

Edited by movinon
  • Love 3

Just saw some pages from VR's lawsuit and she is naming names. Melody Thomas-Scott is named for her mocking VR while wearing an Afro wig on the set. Peter Bergman is named for calling her mentally unstable publicly, while Michelle Stafford is cited for spitting on her, calling her a "freak", and saying "nobody likes you here". I knew this was going to get ugly and drag members of the cast into the courtroom. Juicy stuff indeed.

She attacks people still there at Y&R, she'd have to work with. Yet she doesn't understand why she's not brought back? 

• Love 11

DISGUSTING - Why in hell does she want back on this show, anyhow?  She is a good actress, as well as a good dancer, and could get plenty of work if she just put the past behind her and got on with her life.  I find it hard to believe that Peter Bergman said anything negative publicly about her - he is a class act.  JMO

• Love 3
She attacks people still there at Y&R, she'd have to work with. Yet she doesn't understand why she's not brought back?

I imagine she's chomping at the bit to be able to call those people into court and have them testify to the stuff she's accusing them of. This is probably mostly about getting them to "admit" publicly what she says they did. Wonder why she waited so long and what set her off this time? Whatever, I doubt CBS will let things actually get to the point where their actors are having to be grilled by her attorneys in court. It's kind of sad that she's going down this road.

• Love 6
I find it hard to believe that Peter Bergman said anything negative publicly about her - he is a class act.  JMO

This is what he said after she had left the show: 

“I look at her with compassion and concern. I don’t think she’s playing with a full deck.”

It was the kindest thing he could have said actually considering the shit she was spouting about her cast mates at that time, particularly Michelle Stafford. After he said that she went nuclear on PB -- trashing him constantly and very personally (she does to this day if you check her Twitter account). He has said nothing in response (publicly). 

I agree with him. I think she has some serious problems.

She's certifiable. 

• Love 7

Last time VR went down this road, she was demanding writing credit and story input. In fact, didn't she insist that only SHE be allowed to write for her character? The woman is delusional. That's the nicest thing I can say about her. And it's sad because I do think she's a good actress. I wasn't watching when she was on Y&R but have seen her in many other roles and liked her. But this is just ridiculous

• Love 7
and WHAT IF what Victoria is saying is TRUE.

I think that would make all this extra sad because her rantings over the years have pretty much killed her believability. I doubt other actors on the show would be willing to risk their jobs to support her even if they know there's some truth in her accusations or they've experienced similar issues.

Like a poster mentioned upthread, you can't simultaneously talk the kind of public shite she repeatedly has about cast members and CBS/Y&R management and expect that those people will welcome you back. Even if by some miracle she wins the case and gets money out it, I doubt that would satisfy her. She seems to want to return to the set triumphantly like Caesar returning to Rome and the odds of that happening are probably worse than the chances of winning the Powerball.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

i just watched this past week's Vampire Diaries, and who did I see but Chucky Faith playing a young Caroline Forbes.

ETA: Who is "SC" whose picture is above?  I doubt it's Sharon Case :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I dunno, I love me some crew cut handsome men. I think SC looks perfectly fine now.  The only thing is he has a very pointy, long jaw.  But the hair and weight are good with me.  I like to have something to hold on to while I am going for a ride :)

• Love 4

I assume is it Sean Carrigan,..

duh to me!!! Thanks :)

He looks good in the picture, but I wouldn't exactly kick him out of bed the way he looks now :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

I agree with Stewed's post above but with one exception. I don't necessarily think a person needs a degree to be a soap writer. That's not to say anyone can walk in from the street and write for tv, but I'm sure there are plenty of naturally talented writers out there. If I had to guess, I'd say VR presented some ideas & they were too biased toward her character or others were written too out of character (because we all know THAT would never happen). To be honest I wish she had been allowed to write an episode, it would have been interesting to see writing from the perspective of an actor on the show.

• Love 3

I dunno, I love me some crew cut handsome men. I think SC looks perfectly fine now.  The only thing is he has a very pointy, long jaw.  But the hair and weight are good with me.  I like to have something to hold on to while I am going for a ride :)

I agree about his looks and his bod. He's fine as far as I'm concerned. Now the hair ... I've assumed it's this style because he might be losing his hair and rather than have a noticeable bald spot, he'd rather just buzz it and be done with it. However, I've been wondering if he wasn't cast because he has a faint (very slight, really) resemblance to BM in build. I honestly believe that JFP had decided to let BM get cut loose when his contract was up last year. SC might have been cast with the thought that when BM exited, they would blow up Villy and put Victoria with Stitch.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3

I agree with Stewed's post above but with one exception. I don't necessarily think a person needs a degree to be a soap writer. That's not to say anyone can walk in from the street and write for tv, but I'm sure there are plenty of naturally talented writers out there. If I had to guess, I'd say VR presented some ideas & they were too biased toward her character or others were written too out of character (because we all know THAT would never happen). To be honest I wish she had been allowed to write an episode, it would have been interesting to see writing from the perspective of an actor on the show.

One of the actors on B&B (the guy who plays Carter) wrote a couple of episodes recently, so apparently it's not unheard of. Like any major production or publication, I'm sure it all gets reviewed by so many eyes that it would be impossible to pull something crazy.

Wait, what am I talking about?! Judging from some of the crap that's made it to the air on Y&R, I don't think anybody reads the scripts!

• Love 3

One of the actors on B&B (the guy who plays Carter) wrote a couple of episodes recently, so apparently it's not unheard of.

That's right, he did.  I don't know how long he's been writing, but I thought he did a great job.

• Love 2

Lawrence Saint-Victor (the actor that plays Carter) and Karla Mosley (the actress that plays Maya) previously did some creative content work for B&B when they wrote, produced and starred in a branch off web series, Room 8.  It starred their B&B characters who were, at the time, aspiring actors, and the result of their work on a web series.  The production of the web series was written into the show as a plot, but the actual series was web only content.  Room 8 wasn't their only foray into web content; LSV (I don't know about KM) wrote and produced a web series (which also starred him and Karla Mosley) a few years earlier, and apparently Brad Bell was interested in bringing that experimentation to B&B.  I say this whole convoluted explanation to point out that while it worked out for LSV to write for B&B, it probably came out of that whole web series thing, and that web series only came about because Brad Bell was open to / interested in it.  I'm never one to rule out racism, but I also think that Y&R just probably sucks as far as encouraging people to branch out beyond the role for which they were hired.

• Love 1

^ he and she wrote te web series. He wrote a recent network episode by himself and the show had him give press about that experience so that looks promising.

I have to agree with your point its difficult for a show to have actors branch out of the role they are hired for. I would guess the main reasons are bias (like if they so it for one actor all will want to try. also the actor may write heavy for their character or crap against their show rivals) and the grueling schedules for writers, directors, and actors.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

I was surprised when I saw the largely negative reaction to Victoria Rowell's lawsuit when I thought it was common knowledge what she says is true. They would've hit her so hard with a slander suit if it weren't. This is why you have people like Peter Bergman (who has gotten into FIST FIGHTS and still has a job) saying she's crazy. That is the best defense when a person is lying, just say they're crazy and blow off their claims. Michelle Stafford has even admitted to spitting on her and that scene is on YouTube. Like many black people who have been discriminated against, Rowell is often told she has sour grapes and to move on, but who is that helping? Obviously her speaking out (or Ellen Holly, another great example) isn't going to help HER get employed, but it is also the only reason Susan Dansby was hired as a writer and I'm sure it's why B&B and Y&R have started featuring more diverse cast members of late. It sucks that she is punished for it, but I'm thankful for the hard work she's done. Hell, just a couple years ago Kristoff was suspended from the show for agreeing with Rowell's claims, a clear form of retaliation. 

Has everybody forgotten Winters Wednesday? The entire MAB regime featured such insulting storylines for the Winters and they were featured once or twice a week. And on the subject of writing, when Bill Bell was writing the show he allowed Victoria to re-write all the dialogue for her scenes and he collaborated with her. She also was allowed to write for Diagnosis Murder, a primetime show at that. She was well within her rights to ask to do that in an official capacity after doing it unofficially for years. Hell, one of Y&R's original cast members (James Houghton) with no writing experience, was allowed on the writing team. Not to mention other countless actors that were given writing jobs, including Martha Byrne on B&B. 

Another thing I hope Rowell mentions is how when she was up for role on DAYS last year, SONY blocked it. In this case Marnie Siatta, the long time Y&R casting director that Lynn Latham fired, submitted Rowell for a role and Sony's excuse was that she was "too famous" for the role. I believe Brad Bell would've hired her, but obviously the directive comes from higher up. Nelson Branco also said at one point Maria Arena Bell tried to bring her back and was getting close, but he was told it didn't go through because the condition was that Rowell would have to stop calling them out on Twitter. 

I just fail to see why everybody claims Rowell is crazy when not only examples using her, but we have seen endless racism in daytime. And what she says is true about a severe lack of diversity behind the cameras. If it were sour grapes she wouldn't be focusing so much on others. It's clearly not just about her job.

Edited by KnotsLanding
  • Love 7

I love it.. can't wait till all the dirt is spilled.. VR is losing it in a big way.

• Love 1