Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

“Her child died, her marriage broke up, her mom was a drunk and was very unstable. She thought her father was good, and it turns out her father was abusive. So Kelly had a really rough life experience. I hope that the fans kind of remember that. She’s really hanging on by her fingernails and trying to make this life, and Jack is a real key… falling in love,”

--Why is anyone supposed to care about Smelly's hard life?

Exactly. She's a newbie that has come on the show apparently to mess up Abbott relationships. And as sad and pathetic as her life has been, every long-term character on this show has had much much more tragedy and misery that we have watched. This slapdash, stunt-casting family drama for Kelly and Stitch means shit to me.

And she is so not entertaining. Pattycakes was kind of awesome. SH made the character funny and sympathetic. When I see CM's Kelly on my screen it just pisses me off. I think it's because of this insistence that I should be sympathetic. I'm just not. She's all victim-y and breathtakingly stupid (he MUST love me because he told me he doesn't and treats me like trash). Patty was certifiable so they could play her for laughs a lot but she still made me feel sorry for her -- her obsession with Jack was sad. Kelly has this entitlement with Jack and a delivery of her lines -- in this obnoxious, eye batting, poor me way -- that is so annoying.

I do love that since Pratt has come on the Jack-Kelly affair was acknowledged (by Jack) to be the vapid fling that it was. Whatever is going on with Jack now (drugs, doppelgänger or DID) should hopefully send Kelly right over the edge and off our screens asap.

I think Jean Passanante (formerly ATWT writer and a big CM fan) had different plans for Kelly. Hence the nonsense that Jack spouted "I don't love Phyllis more, I've just loved her longer." Please. Pratt is clearly going the psycho route with Kelly.

I'll give CM this: that interview had to be spoiler-free so she couldn't reveal what's really going on with Jack (if they tape 4-5 weeks in advance she MUST know what that closet sex was about by now), and Kelly hasn't fully gone nuts onscreen so she can't give that way either.

But still...

• Love 4
Pratt is clearly going the psycho route with Kelly

I believe you're right. Hopefully, that means there can be some re-tweaking of her backstory to add more fuel to the bonfire of the vanities to come. I don't believe I'm alone in saying that I wouldn't mind a closet-full of past tragedies and mayhem being dumped in Kelly's lap as instigator or perpetrator in chief. Maybe we'll find out that she was locked up in a psych ward at the time her son was killed and she hadn't been around since right after she tried to smother him with a pillow in her post-partum psychotic break. Her entire conflated history, as related by CM, has been nothing but delusional meanderings into the obviously fictionalized princess fiction she's constructed for herself.

• Love 5
Maybe we'll find out that she was locked up in a psych ward at the time her son was killed and she hadn't been around since right after she tried to smother him with a pillow in her post-partum psychotic break.

There have been hints she was in a psych ward: Stitch mentioned her "dark place" and needing help (though that was after her kid died). And Kelly freaked out with a butter knife, lol, when Avery suggested she belonged at Fairview.

One thing I'm thrilled about  in that interview (which I forgot to post) is that CM is recurring, NOT contract. And that this is not her preference. Good. I know people can be dropped even if on contract (as she points out), but this signals to me that they are not committing to her.

• Love 4

There have been hints she was in a psych ward: Stitch mentioned her "dark place" and needing help (though that was after her kid died). And Kelly freaked out with a butter knife, lol, when Avery suggested she belonged at Fairview.

One thing I'm thrilled about in that interview (which I forgot to post) is that CM is recurring, NOT contract. And that this is not her preference. Good. I know people can be dropped even if on contract (as she points out), but this signals to me that they are not committing to her.

Mamma mia, miamama! Was your pun intentional, or a happy accident? Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

On General Hospital- Nina Clay (Michelle Stafford) was with Franco (who recently purposely overdosed on LSD) and this time when he woke up he believed she was that rascal Phyllis from Wisconsin who is always in some sort of trouble. He was so cute and she was befuddled.

• Love 4

On General Hospital- Nina Clay (Michelle Stafford) was with Franco (who recently purposely overdosed on LSD) and this time when he woke up he believed she was that rascal Phyllis from Wisconsin who is always in some sort of trouble. He was so cute and she was befuddled.

This was hysterical - I love the way GH puts those jokes in their storylines.  I should put this in unpopular opinions over on that thread, but I LOVE Franco - party of one at my table.

Edited to add I love Ian more, of course.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4

This was hysterical - I love the way GH puts those jokes in their storylines.  I should put this in unpopular opinions over on that thread, but I LOVE Franco - party of one at my table.

Edited to add I love Ian more, of course.

Party of two--Roger Howarth, when he's up for it, can do something with Franco! He's one of the reasons I miss watching GH.

• Love 3

Aren't these people staying at the Miscavige Hospital for the Criminally Insane? David Miscavige is the purported leader of Scientology, whose tenets reject psychiatry.

I read that and was impressed at RC's ballsiness. 

Meta indeed. 

• Love 5

Yeah I can tell you that the GH fans were NOT amused today. It might have been cute or funny if Carlivati didn't make a habit of doing just this kind of meta shit.

Really?  I am a GH fan and I thought it was funny, and so did several of my friends.  I enjoy the references to other shows and current happenings. JMO

• Love 3

February 2015 Episode Rankings
A total of 20 episodes aired this month.
1. Hunter King (Summer Travers) 15
2. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 14
*. Jessica Collins (Avery Clark) 14
*. Camryn Grimes (Mariah Copeland) 14
5. Robert Adamson (Noah Newman) 13
*. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 13
*. Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby) 13
*. Bryton James (Devon Hamilton) 13
*. Mishael Morgan (Hilary Winters) 13
*. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 13
*. Greg Rikaart (Kevin Fisher) 13
*. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 13
*. Gina Tognoni (Phyllis Summers) 13
14. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 12
15. Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy) 11
*. Justin Hartley (Adam Newman) 11
*. Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby) 11
18. Matthew Atkinson (Austin Travers) 10
*. Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Newman) 10
*. Burgess Jenkins (Billy Abbott) 10
*. Melissa Ordway (Abby Newman) 10
*. Kelly Sullivan (Sage Warner) 10
23. Cady McClain (Kelly Andrews) 9
*. Tristan Rogers (Colin Atkinson) 9
*. Jess Walton (Jill Atkinson) 9
26. Sharon Case (Sharon Collins) 8
27. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 7
*. Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott) 7
*. Max Ehrich (Fen Baldwin) 7
30. Scott Elrod (Joe Clark) 6
*. Kelli Goss (Courtney Sloane) 6
*. Amelia Heinle (Victoria Newman) 6
*. Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith Newman) 6
34. Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin) 5
35. Tracey E. Bregman (Lauren Baldwin) 4
*. Sean Carrigan (Stitch Rayburn) 4
37. Lauralee Bell (Christine Williams) 3
*. Lachlan Buchanan (Kyle Jenkins) 3
39. Joel Brooks (Judge Ramsey) 2
*. Robert Gant (David Sherman) 2
41. Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) 1
*. Sophie Pollono (Delia Abbott) 1
============
January-February 2015 Episode Rankings
A total of 42 episodes aired during this period.
1. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 28
*. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 28
3. Jessica Collins (Avery Clark) 27
*. Gina Tognoni (Phyllis Summers) 27
5. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 26
6. Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy) 23
*. Justin Hartley (Adam Newman-23/Gabriel Bingham-2) 23
*. Greg Rikaart (Kevin Fisher) 23
9. Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Newman) 22
*. Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby) 22
*. Burgess Jenkins (Billy Abbott) 22
*. Hunter King (Summer Travers) 22
*. Kelly Sullivan (Sage Warner) 22
14. Bryton James (Devon Hamilton) 21
*. Mishael Morgan (Hilary Winters) 21
*. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 21
17. Camryn Grimes (Mariah Copeland) 20
*. Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby) 20
19. Cady McClain (Kelly Andrews) 19
*. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 19
21. Robert Adamson (Noah Newman) 18
22. Jess Walton (Jill Atkinson) 17
23. Matthew Atkinson (Austin Travers) 16
*. Sharon Case (Sharon Collins) 16
*. Scott Elrod (Joe Clark) 16
*. Melissa Ordway (Abby Newman) 16
*. Tristan Rogers (Colin Atkinson) 16
28. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 15
*. Amelia Heinle (Victoria Newman) 15
30. Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin) 14
31. Sean Carrigan (Stitch Rayburn) 12
*. Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott) 12
33. Tracey E. Bregman (Lauren Baldwin) 9
*. Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith Newman) 9
35. Max Ehrich (Fen Baldwin) 8
36. Kelli Goss (Courtney Sloane) 7
37. Lauralee Bell (Christine Williams) 6
38. Robert Gant (David Sherman) 4
*. Nadine Nicole (Gwen) 4
40. Lachlan Buchanan (Kyle Jenkins) 3
41. J. Paul Boehmer (Dr. Cutler) 2
*. McKenna Grace (Faith Newman) 2
43. Judith Chapman (Gloria Bardwell) 1
*. Sally Kellerman (Constance Bingham) 1
*. Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) 1
*. Max Page (Reed Hellstrom) 1
*. Sophie Pollono (Delia Abbott) 1
*. Ted Shackelford (Jeffrey Bardwell) 1
*. Jeffrey Christopher Todd (Tobias) 1

I knew I was lucky enough to not see too much of Sharon.. but wow she really has taken a back seat on the show. I sure hope this keeps on happening.. it has been glorious.

• Love 1

SC has been on promotional tours for Y&R during January and Feb, Paris with JM, Florida with DG, Home and Family with JM, fan phone calls etc, they do seem to use her a lot for that and why not, she has a huge fan base and is by far one of the most attractive actresses on the show....she is a great asset to this show and I have no doubt the PTB are well aware of it..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 11

SC has been on promotional tours for Y&R during January and Feb, Paris with JM, Florida with DG, Home and Family with JM, fan phone calls etc, they do seem to use her a lot for that and why not, she has a huge fan base and is by far one of the most attractive actresses on the show....she is a great asset to this show and I have no doubt the PTB are well aware of it..

I'm enjoying all the pictures and videos of her all over the place. The ones in Paris are breathtaking. She and JM make a beautiful pair! And the ones with DG. are so cute Looks like they and the fans had a blast! Yeah they use SC a lot and her fan base is one of the largest. She is a gem and they know it! Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 9

One thing I'm thrilled about  in that interview (which I forgot to post) is that CM is recurring, NOT contract. And that this is not her preference. Good. I know people can be dropped even if on contract (as she points out), but this signals to me that they are not committing to her.

I always thought that they would get rid of her. Probably send her to the mental hospital or kill her.
  • Love 1

I always thought that they would get rid of her. Probably send her to the mental hospital or kill her.

They could make it that Miscavige Hospital for the Criminally Insane over at GH, Pokey.  She could have her way with Franco, but she better watch out for Nina.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 2

They could make it that Miscavige Hospital for the Criminally Insane over at GH, Pokey.  She could have her way with Franco, but she better watch out for Nina.

Too funny Movinon! LOL Battling Phyllis on two fronts!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh god, yet another movie about the cruelty of teenagers.

Is there any beef between any of the youngsters? Someone on the Days board said that the younger set of Y&R seem to be roiled in resentment and clashing egos. It'd be fun if Camryn Grimes and Hunter King hated each other in real life.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

I never watch GH, and I don't know who anyone is, but I happened to catch this the other day. I was all WTF? lol

• Love 2

It was great.. Franco and Nina are fab on the show.. total wack jobs both of them

And she is so not entertaining. Pattycakes was kind of awesome. SH made the character funny and sympathetic. When I see CM's Kelly on my screen it just pisses me off. I think it's because of this insistence that I should be sympathetic. I'm just not. She's all victim-y and breathtakingly stupid (he MUST love me because he told me he doesn't and treats me like trash). Patty was certifiable so they could play her for laughs a lot but she still made me feel sorry for her -- her obsession with Jack was sad. Kelly has this entitlement with Jack and a delivery of her lines -- in this obnoxious, eye batting, poor me way -- that is so annoying.

Yes a million times.

One thing I'm thrilled about  in that interview (which I forgot to post) is that CM is recurring, NOT contract. And that this is not her preference. Good. I know people can be dropped even if on contract (as she points out), but this signals to me that they are not committing to her.

I  wish she was gone already but knowing they are not invested in her enough to give her a contract keeps me smiling.

but I LOVE Franco - party of one at my table.

I don't think it is a party of one. Lots of love for Franco around the world.. he is awesome.

Yeah I can tell you that the GH fans were NOT amused today.

WOW that sure is not what I have been reading all over the net.. I have seen many amused fans.

I hate movies like that.

I am a tad old for them now but I used to love them all. Lots of young girls will be watching this ..

• Love 1

Seems odd that Heather King can get outs to make movies, but Billy Miller couldn't.  Actually, I hope she becomes a big star, playing in these movies, and doesn't have time for small stuff like Y&R.  What a relief to see her successful, and replaced with someone who can speak without nasal drip, and who can act.  I know I would be REALLY HAPPY for her and for myself.

• Love 7
(edited)

Seems odd that Heather King can get outs to make movies, but Billy Miller couldn't.  Actually, I hope she becomes a big star, playing in these movies, and doesn't have time for small stuff like Y&R.  What a relief to see her successful, and replaced with someone who can speak without nasal drip, and who can act.  I know I would be REALLY HAPPY for her and for myself.

;

That was my feeling about Nicola Peltz on Bates Hotel. I am damn glad that she got out of the show because of her movie success. The caliber of actors around her was just too jarringly good and she stood out like a sore thumb. I'm sure she'd be fine in roles that don't require her to do much but be eye candy, but on a character-driven show, it's just too much.

I also learned that she's Joey King's older sister. Wow. Joey must have gotten all the talent in her family. I really think Joey is one to watch.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

It was great.. Franco and Nina are fab on the show.. total wack jobs both of them

Yes a million times.

I  wish she was gone already but knowing they are not invested in her enough to give her a contract keeps me smiling.

I don't think it is a party of one. Lots of love for Franco around the world.. he is awesome.

WOW that sure is not what I have been reading all over the net.. I have seen many amused fans.

I am a tad old for them now but I used to love them all. Lots of young girls will be watching this ..

WOW - Crosby, I agree with every single thing you said in this post.  Can you believe it??? We should celebrate!!!

• Love 1

I thought it was awful and annoying…pretty much how I feel about the characters.

• Love 4

I thought it was awful and annoying…pretty much how I feel about the characters.

Don't watch that soap but saw her in surfing through the channels one day. Couldn't tell she was playing a different character as she was just like her old annoying one on Y and R! So so happy she is off my show and hope she stays on GH forever!  I love GT! (:

• Love 4

Don't watch that soap but saw her in surfing through the channels one day. Couldn't tell she was playing a different character as she was just like her old annoying one on Y and R! So so happy she is off my show and hope she stays on GH forever!  I love GT! (:

Why do you hate me?

• Love 7

Yeah I can tell you that the GH fans were NOT amused today.

I'm reading the same thing - on several different boards.  You have 7 or 8 people who were pissed off, but the are mostly Nina haters or Franco haters, I know RC is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the one thing he does that keeps me amused is to tie joke lines into current affairs, and into current or cancelled shows.  I personally love both these characters, and expend my hate on Sonny and Snarly.......talk about 2 nauseating characters.  However, Ava's baby is the cutest little thing I ever saw.  JMO

• Love 3

It's more than 7-8 people, but c'est la vie and vive la difference. I thought it was incredibly lame and stupid, much like Mose of Ron's meta jokes. And the fact that it went on for two episodes was even worse. I love RoHo, have no use for Stafford and can't stand either character.

• Love 6

WOW - Crosby, I agree with every single thing you said in this post.  Can you believe it??? We should celebrate!!!

Let's drink.. I could handle a ceasar.. what are you drinkin?

I'm reading the same thing - on several different boards.  You have 7 or 8 people who were pissed off, but the are mostly Nina haters or Franco haters,

I am seeing it as MS haters for the most.  I have seen so many people commenting on this. I am on a Facebook GH group and the masses loved it

• Love 1

Let's drink.. I could handle a ceasar.. what are you drinkin?

Screwdriver, of course - make that more than one. lol

• Love 1

so the daytime Emmys will be back on TV this year, but on the POP (formerly TV Guide) Network. Cause you know, let's air the show on a channel nobody gets. Not that it matters, the show has been horrid for at least 6 years.

• Love 5

Damn!  I wanted to see some of the ladies of Y&R pull out their skimpy cocktail dresses, elevate and squeeze together those foreign objects called boobs, add a whack of hair extensions then head to makeup for a thick application of makeup and creamy nood on top of injected and filled faces!    

Oh but wait, all I have to do is watch the show to see that!  LOL

• Love 8

As much as I am hoping the pretty blonde 20 something that is going to be killed off was dummer, I think it may be Courtney.

I had read a spumor/rumor of chuckles march madness ( no source given for it) and in it. it was said that noah and Courtney were going to get married but before the ido's, Courtney ends up dead...

• Love 4
(edited)

Please let it be Dummer.   Courtney only shows up once in a while so I can live with that.  But Dummer is constantly up front and centre - crying and whining and whining and crying. 

Edited by Blueeyes
  • Love 7

As much as I am hoping the pretty blonde 20 something that is going to be killed off was dummer, I think it may be Courtney.

I had read a spumor/rumor of chuckles march madness ( no source given for it) and in it. it was said that noah and Courtney were going to get married but before the ido's, Courtney ends up dead...

I read that too, somewhere, but now I can't find it.  Glad I'm not totally crazy.  We know Summer is gong nowhere as long as JFP is on the premises.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Any possibility that the "reel couple [who] started getting hot and heavy last year in real life, despite both soap thespians being married" are Heinle and Carrigan?

Valley, I think you're probably right about it being Courtney. IMO any of the three 20-something blonde bimbos on Y&R could be jettisoned, but the only one I think that would serve the current storyline and is totally expendable is Courtney. Both Abby and Summer are legacy characters and the actors are JFP's personal hand-picked HH favorite ingénues.  I don't see either one being written off unless one or the other decide to pursue loftier ambitions, and then they'd just send the character(s) away for awhile. They need to break up Noah and Undercover Barbie. It was never believable and they never seemed to even try to do anything with Noah as a character except for the brief period he and Kyle were vying for Turd's approval at Newman Chancellor. Noah needs to be sent back to the boardroom and away from GCPD.

The BI about an actor not being happy with his new love interest has me intrigued.  Is it even remotely possible that it's either Sbu (because it looks like Sharon is definitely headed to Deadwood territory) or, more improbably, EB? I hope I'm wrong, but I'm getting the bad feeling that Turd's about to manipulate the situation with Phyllis such that he winds up married to her. And why not? It's not like he never married a former DIL before. Wonder if Chelsea will also wind up in his marriage bed before everything is said and done?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 2

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm getting the bad feeling that Turd's about to manipulate the situation with Phyllis such that he winds up married to her. And why not? It's not like he never married a former DIL before. Wonder if Chelsea will also wind up in his marriage bed before everything is said and done?

Maybe it's in that famous contract that he gets to marry all the younger ladies, not just the former DILs, to prove his virility.  That leaves Avery and Sage to be added to the list, too.  Just imagine the Viagra he's gonna need.

• Love 5