Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Yeah, but if The One Time Victor Loses is to save stupid Crimson Lights, that is un-acceptable to me.  Blech.

I think the idea of Dylan being a suspect in the murder of the current town villain is super creative and original, though. 

I don't want Dylan to win again, but I think his shit don't stink on that set.  I prefer to fantasize that Chuck Pratt's disaster destroys not only the warehouse district, but the land it sits on.  The property then  becomes toxic, useless, and without value.  Therefore Dylan loses, but Victor sure doesn't win.  I want Katherine's business out of his grimy monster paws, like months ago.

• Love 6

LOLOL I was reading tweets at yrinsider twitter and they asked what should nick and sage be called and gave some suggestions.I tweeted them that I thought SICK would be perfect.

I know this is an old post but I liked it. Also, I thought another squish name could be NICAGE (pronounced "Nic Cage"). I find that actor as creepy as this coupling so it works for me. :D

• Love 5

Well, *I* like him.

I HE♥RT JH !

Interesting little blind items from Branco's most recent - and last edition of SU. Ordinarily, I'd post the caveat that they could apply to any one of the soaps, but two of them (seem to) definitely be about Y&R because he mentioned the actors by name in the opening pages of the piece.

•One BI asks which "new addition to a soap" is not making friends on set?  (JH is specifically mentioned in this issue of SU as not being well liked)

•Another BI asks which actress lied to the press about a recent hiatus from the show?  (MTS's recent absence is addressed in the piece but I'm not sure she's the one being referred to here).

And, supposedly an actor got a talking-to recently by execs for his Twitter tirades.  (This appears to be EB, because he's mentioned in the article several times, though another actor was singled out for making a reference to blackface in one of his tweets, but that doesn't sound so much like a tirade as a major gaffe).

I'm betting that one about Twitter is EB. He let a retweet slamming Sharon Case written by an avowed SC hater stay up on his twitter page.If it is then GOOD! That was so unprofessional.

• Love 7

I HE♥RT JH !

I'm betting that one about Twitter is EB. He let a retweet slamming Sharon Case written by an avowed SC hater stay up on his twitter page.If it is then GOOD! That was so unprofessional.

I am too. I also think he is highly unprofessional.

LOL it will probably make him even madder.

I wonder if he uttered " how dare you" or if he had the good sense to just keep his mouth shut.

• Love 5

I like JH too, Slowpokey. I only posted this because Branco made a specific reference to JH making some demands onset and to TPTB (IIRC the gist of his comments) that have ruffled some feathers. I'm going back to the re-read this because I thought it was an odd comment, especially given a tweet someone copied on this board from PB about what a terrific job JH was doing (and this was within the last two or three weeks). I'm wondering if there could be something percolating between JH and EB now. If the word is circulating that some mandated cast cuts are coming, it would make sense that there'd be a lot of nervousness in the ranks, especially from the top dogs. I think most fans believe that these top tier vets are immune from the chopping block, but I disagree. Both EB and MTS were very specifically targeted for elimination or backburnering by Sony about five years ago (and MTS was actually written out without explanation for more than six months within the last year of MAB's stint on Y&R - and this was a fissure between Sony and MTS, and supposedly not MAB's doing at the time). JW has also been through several of these periods within the last five years (most recently about eighteen months ago after she moved to Oregon), which coincided with JFP's entrance on the show at that time.

EB and MM had been working well together - initially. When it became apparent that MM's appeal was growing and it was beginning to look as if they might have found someone who could begin to take on the "waiting in the wings" mantle, EB began to chafe at the lack of attention and began jockeying BTS to be brought back into the game as Mr. Stud (the Shictor storyline being part of that, followed by his longshoreman stint at the docs of LA - and during that same time he had a couple of other derring-do stunts and bar room fisticuffs to reinforce his macho prowess in the minds of those viewers who'd mercifully forgotten). He didn't take up Twitter until about the time JFP came onboard, but Twitter's not been so friendly to him and he's responded with a lot of vitriol. I could imagine him chafing at JFP's newest "get" JH, and I could well imagine that she's beginning to push JH harder than her formerly best boo SBu who has been skewered by the great majority of Y&R viewers for being the most worthless (so-called) actor who ever was allowed to eat the show. I could certainly see EB being resentful and territorial now, and retweeting that SC slam was definitely out of line, especially since reminders of that awful period of time/storyline (and EB's personal involvement in driving it) had all but disappeared .

• Love 8

Yeah, but if The One Time Victor Loses is to save stupid Crimson Lights, that is un-acceptable to me.  Blech.

I think the idea of Dylan being a suspect in the murder of the current town villain is super creative and original, though. 

It won't be over CL. I fully expect if Victor takes any kind of downward spiral, it'll be as a result of Katherine's bequest of CI to him, which NEVER should have never, never happened (nor would it have during Bell's time).  That whole turn of storyline was ridiculous for so many reasons it'd take all day to enumerate them. The thing that makes be totally furious though, is the fact that Jill (with the exception of the stupid diamond necklace shit) is supposed to viewed as being practically penniless. This woman owns 25% of Jabot stock to this day (as far as I remember) and she was the damn creator of Jabot's men's cosmetic line. She is a savvy business woman and has the (historically at least) acumen to put together a plan to get control of CI back in the family's hands. Again, I do not believe Katherine would have just blithely handed over the family's legacy corporation to a fucking friend. Nobody does that. Nobody. She's a Fenmore heir and, presumably, could sell her share of that company to Lauren, who certainly has the financial wherewithal to pay her the damn money. Instead of Cane siding with her in this proposed CI takeover from Newman, her real son Billy should be at her side. Billy would have his financial interest and wealth derived from Jabot to aid and abet this effort, except he's so busy mincing around with Chelsea that he can't pull his head out of her hole (typical, I know, but still...).   

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

Great points, Toomuchsoap, and I would add that Miss Devon inheriting the bulk of Katherine's estate was just as ridiculous. She had two grandchildren, and she was always close to Mackenzie from the time they met, so why didn't Mack receive an equal share to Devon? Mack, like her father, has a history of charitable work, so it's not like she would have squandered the money. Devon's father is wealthy in his own right, so I guess he'll be inheriting another couple billion in a few years. I'm beginning to understand what Hillary sees in him.

• Love 7

Great points, Toomuchsoap, and I would add that Miss Devon inheriting the bulk of Katherine's estate was just as ridiculous. She had two grandchildren, and she was always close to Mackenzie from the time they met, so why didn't Mack receive an equal share to Devon? Mack, like her father, has a history of charitable work, so it's not like she would have squandered the money. Devon's father is wealthy in his own right, so I guess he'll be inheriting another couple billion in a few years. I'm beginning to understand what Hillary sees in him.

What I see is that Katherine's will was written by writers who knew nothing about Katherine, herself.  With Devon receiving most of the money, and Victor receiving her business, the character of Katherine becomes someone we don't ever recognize.  I would also like to add that there is not enough money in the world to make Devon or Victor anything but repulsive to me.

• Love 9

I am the worst for typos'' but this is the fucking bomb LOL

Hee hee! Not a typo.

I honestly do not understand why Kay would leave CI to Victurd and not leave her billions to Mac who has her own little guy as well as Devon. It makes no sense to me.at.all. Tucker will leave a huge fortune to Devon when he dies so Aunty Fucker will be rolling in it. I guess he needs something to make him attractive.

• Love 6

I like JH too, Slowpokey. I only posted this because Branco made a specific reference to JH making some demands onset and to TPTB (IIRC the gist of his comments) that have ruffled some feathers. I'm going back to the re-read this because I thought it was an odd comment, especially given a tweet someone copied on this board from PB about what a terrific job JH was doing (and this was within the last two or three weeks). I'm wondering if there could be something percolating between JH and EB now. If the word is circulating that some mandated cast cuts are coming, it would make sense that there'd be a lot of nervousness in the ranks, especially from the top dogs. I think most fans believe that these top tier vets are immune from the chopping block, but I disagree. Both EB and MTS were very specifically targeted for elimination or backburnering by Sony about five years ago (and MTS was actually written out without explanation for more than six months within the last year of MAB's stint on Y&R - and this was a fissure between Sony and MTS, and supposedly not MAB's doing at the time). JW has also been through several of these periods within the last five years (most recently about eighteen months ago after she moved to Oregon), which coincided with JFP's entrance on the show at that time.

EB and MM had been working well together - initially. When it became apparent that MM's appeal was growing and it was beginning to look as if they might have found someone who could begin to take on the "waiting in the wings" mantle, EB began to chafe at the lack of attention and began jockeying BTS to be brought back into the game as Mr. Stud (the Shictor storyline being part of that, followed by his longshoreman stint at the docs of LA - and during that same time he had a couple of other derring-do stunts and bar room fisticuffs to reinforce his macho prowess in the minds of those viewers who'd mercifully forgotten). He didn't take up Twitter until about the time JFP came onboard, but Twitter's not been so friendly to him and he's responded with a lot of vitriol. I could imagine him chafing at JFP's newest "get" JH, and I could well imagine that she's beginning to push JH harder than her formerly best boo SBu who has been skewered by the great majority of Y&R viewers for being the most worthless (so-called) actor who ever was allowed to eat the show. I could certainly see EB being resentful and territorial now, and retweeting that SC slam was definitely out of line, especially since reminders of that awful period of time/storyline (and EB's personal involvement in driving it) had all but disappeared .

I never want to remember it ! lol It was very petty of EB to do that and to me that showed a lot of disrespect to a co worker.

Well...that doesn't inspire me a bit.  Can't wait to recap THAT.  Not. 

I'm probably in the UO category when I say I love the character of Victor.  I love his longevity, his lines and catch-phrases and accent.  YOU GOT THAT?  He stands out in the generic sea of soapdom.  But to "bring down Jack Abbott once and for all" is un-acceptable to me, K?  Like Jack Abbott is really some kind of dastardly enemy instead of an Odd Couple sort of irritating buddy-rival thing.  Jack has been so innocuous for so long (and I like Jack), that how does he need to be "brought down?"  VICTOR is the sort of character that needs to be brought down.  Jack's just keepin' on, keepin' on.  I want Adam to bring down Victor Newman "once and for all."  And if they don't cancel the show, well then, it's never really "once and for all," now is it?  If they do cancel it, then I want them all dead, with Adam and Sharon standing victorious atop the pile of bodies.  Screw you, Genoa City.

I would like that,Peach! (;

• Love 3

Let's not put all the blame on EB. MM also has an ego that won't quit and he had some fun on Twitter and elsewhere basically saying he was going to replace EB. Or already had. I believe it was MTS that got EB on Twitter.

That's true Runningwild. MM kept things stirred up all the time on Twitter.  I think MM had a weird sense of humor and I do believe EB felt he was a threat. I do know that MM got SC on Twitter.

• Love 1

EB and MM had been working well together - initially. When it became apparent that MM's appeal was growing and it was beginning to look as if they might have found someone who could begin to take on the "waiting in the wings" mantle, EB began to chafe at the lack of attention and began jockeying BTS to be brought back into the game as Mr. Stud (the Shictor storyline being part of that, followed by his longshoreman stint at the docs of LA - and during that same time he had a couple of other derring-do stunts and bar room fisticuffs to reinforce his macho prowess in the minds of those viewers who'd mercifully forgotten).

This is spot on, Toomuchsoap.  I think this man has cost this show a shit-load of talent over the years.  Why someone doesn't just shut him up is beyond me.  Wait and watch until he costs us Justin Hartley, because he can't stand for anyone to get more attention than he does.  We were all young once, and had our share of attention, but when we approach this age, it's time to be honest and accept that other people are now the stars of the show.  It becomes cartoonish when an old geezer expects to be the top dog on a soap being watched by people of all ages.  Hell, he will probably complain because Justin is taller than him.  Scott Elrod was taller, too, and getting lots of attention, and you see where he is, now.  He talks down to everyone on the show, especially the women, and what he's done to Sharon Case is nauseating.  Guess it's obvious, I'm not a fan.   

• Love 7

I am hoping against hope that it turns out that Katherine's "new will" was a forgery because it was such a travesty. And wouldn't much of her billions have been tied up in CI stock - which would have made Darvon the majority shareholder? Could it be that Victor unduly influenced her when she was in a weakened state - and thus, the whole thing could be overturned?

• Love 7

This is spot on, Toomuchsoap. I think this man has cost this show a shit-load of talent over the years. Why someone doesn't just shut him up is beyond me. Wait and watch until he costs us Justin Hartley, because he can't stand for anyone to get more attention than he does. We were all young once, and had our share of attention, but when we approach this age, it's time to be honest and accept that other people are now the stars of the show. It becomes cartoonish when an old geezer expects to be the top dog on a soap being watched by people of all ages. Hell, he will probably complain because Justin is taller than him. Scott Elrod was taller, too, and getting lots of attention, and you see where he is, now. He talks down to everyone on the show, especially the women, and what he's done to Sharon Case is nauseating. Guess it's obvious, I'm not a fan.

Please. If EB has so much power, why doesn't he make more money? If MM was just unfairly targeted by EB, why hasn't he bounced back? Why would SC stay on Y&R? Why not move on?

• Love 4

that Miss Devon inheriting the bulk of Katherine's estate was just as ridiculous

Some of the most ridiculous writing.. that twerp never should have been a Chancellor. BLAH

Hee hee! Not a typo.

LMAO even better.. love it.. made me laugh right out loud. :)

It was very petty of EB to do that and to me that showed a lot of disrespect to a co worker.

No more disrespectful than SC doing the same thing to EB.

• Love 3

I think this man has cost this show a shit-load of talent over the years.

I think this is a crock.. sorry movin..

Wait and watch until he costs us Justin Hartley, because he can't stand for anyone to get more attention than he does.

I have been reading that not many like him,... not just EB..

what he's done to Sharon Case is nauseating.

That is how I feel about what SC did to EB.. nauseating

Please. If EB has so much power, why doesn't he make more money? If MM was just unfairly targeted by EB, why hasn't he bounced back? Why would SC stay on Y&R? Why not move on?

Bravo.. It sure was not EB's fault what MM was accused of..and SC doesn't move on because she can't.

• Love 3

Why should she move on? She no doubt stays because she likes her job, why should she allow a sour old man to drive her away...SC has never said anything against EB, she voiced her displeasure at a pairing of her character and his, the same displeasure we all felt, if EB took that personally, then he lacks professionalism, he played her father in law on the show, why did that pairing not weird him out as much as it did her....SC again showed her professionalism just recently when EB attacked her on twitter, no response from her, she seems very adapt at just ignoring his ignorance...

• Love 12

I saw Alyvia Alyn Lind in an Eggo commercial yesterday :)

I saw that one too a few days ago.

Some of the most ridiculous writing.. that twerp never should have been a Chancellor. BLAH

LMAO even better.. love it.. made me laugh right out loud. :)

No more disrespectful than SC doing the same thing to EB.

She did not do anything to EB. She responded to fans that expressed their disgust at Shictor and said she understood. That's all she did! 

Why should she move on? She no doubt stays because she likes her job, why should she allow a sour old man to drive her away...SC has never said anything against EB, she voiced her displeasure at a pairing of her character and his, the same displeasure we all felt, if EB took that personally, then he lacks professionalism, he played her father in law on the show, why did that pairing not weird him out as much as it did her....SC again showed her professionalism just recently when EB attacked her on twitter, no response from her, she seems very adapt at just ignoring his ignorance...

Exactly! She is great at what she does and loves it! And she showed how classy and what a pro she is when she refused to get drawn into his little pity party for his little fragile male ego being stepped on.

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 8

I think it shows a lot of class to support a friend if you feel they are not guilty of something they are accused of, even though it may be unpopular to do so....that's definitely the type of friend I would want..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 11

Nobody knows what happened in that situation and we most likely never will. I can understand SC wanting to do something for a fellow actor that she had worked so closely with for a few years.I thought it was very nice showing how much she valued MM's friendship and talent as a fellow actor and giving the Shadam fans a shout out. Since I don't know what the true story is about MM's leaving the show,she didn't do anything wrong in my opinion.

• Love 8

How the heck  would either of us know how much money this man makes?  The enemies this man has behind the scenes is legendary and Jeanne Cooper's book spells out his repeated power plays pretty well.  What MM does is none of my business, but I'm sure he will be fine.  What I was referring to with Sharon Case is the way he pushed for years for that Shictor storyline that no-one in the world wanted to look at.  I'm sure it was humiliating for her to have to play romantic scenes with him, and I don't blame her.  You can't avoid the nasty people in the world, so I fail to understand why Sharon Case should give up her job, just because there's a bully on the set.  

• Love 12

I think this man has cost this show a shit-load of talent over the years.
I think this is a crock.. sorry movin..

Crosby-Crosby-Crosby - You don't ever need to apologize for having an opinion. None of us do - that's why this is such a great board.  I like you but you are in the midst of a Victor worship service.  I let you rag on my adorable Jack, as well as Mariah, Sharon, and Faith, and I never say a word - now, you have to let me rag on Victor/EB.  He really is the same person, I think, and especially after today's show, I am even more convinced.  You write some really sarcastic, funny stuff and I enjoy reading your posts, but you gave me the sulks today.  You know you don't REALLY like him - honestly.

• Love 8

I think it shows a lot of class to support a friend if you feel they are not guilty of something they are accused of, even though it may be unpopular to do so....that's definitely the type of friend I would want..

And she made it quite clear that HHK is not her friend, didn't she? And I don't recall seeing HHK say MM didn't do anything to her.

How the heck would either of us know how much money this man makes? The enemies this man has behind the scenes is legendary and Jeanne Cooper's book spells out his repeated power plays pretty well. What MM does is none of my business, but I'm sure he will be fine. What I was referring to with Sharon Case is the way he pushed for years for that Shictor storyline that no-one in the world wanted to look at. I'm sure it was humiliating for her to have to play romantic scenes with him, and I don't blame her. You can't avoid the nasty people in the world, so I fail to understand why Sharon Case should give up her job, just because there's a bully on the set.

We don't know any of that for a fact. And EB and Victor are not one and the same. I'm sure SC isn't

Sharin'.

MM got fired so the bully is gone.

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 3

If EB has so much power I'm pretty sure he would have used it to veto being involved in this boring ass worthless ass story with Dylan.

I would agree with that.  I do think there is an enormous power play going on between those two, but as long as JFP is in place, Steve Burton is going to get what he wants.  Maybe Chuck Pratt is supposed to level the playing field - his stuff has been airing since last Friday, I think, and Victor has been on the screen every day, or it seems as if he has.  For me, when Victor is on the screen for 5 minutes, it seems like a year.

• Love 1
And she made it quite clear that HHK is not her friend, didn't she? And I don't recall seeing HHK say MM didn't do anything to her.

We'll never know what happened. We do know MM left on bad terms because the show and cast were almost silent on Twitter when his departure was announced (JM and MCE made tepid comments and SC was the only cast mate to show support at all and even with her it took a few days). And though his last day was the same as BM's, BM got a huge party, plus cast farewell video that was put online, and MM got nada. Even if MM left because of "hubris" I don't see the show snubbing him that royally. He did something. And it was bad. 

Whatever happened, the parties involved agreed to stay mum. 

I'm just glad MM is gone. Never liked him. And Justin Hartley is the bomb. :)

• Love 8

We don't know any of that for a fact. And EB and Victor are not one and the same. I'm sure SC isn't

Sharin'.

Sharin'.

When did she make it clear that HHK is not her friend..inquiring minds want to know.......

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 5

I feel the same way Miamama. MM must have done something for the entire cast, except SC, to go radio silent when he was fired. He was on the show for, what, 4 years and he got nothing, no farewell send-off, but BM did? Come on, that just reeks of him being blacklisted for a reason. But as has been said, we'll probably never really know what happened, but I am glad he's gone. I never liked his character as he portrayed Adam (liked CE's just fine),  and once I saw his "twats" (lol) and interviews, his ego was more than I could stand. He just didn't get it, IMO.  

As for SC, I don't see her retweeting comments from fans on the universal loathing for Shictor as any where near as disrespectful as JM saying a few years ago in interviews that he preferred working with MS over SC. To me, that was the epitome of unprofessional. Even if that's how he felt at the time, he should not have said it because it showed a complete lack of respect for his long-time cast-mate SC, and she didn't deserve that and you "don't do that to a colleague". Yet I didn't see SC going around calling JM "unprofessional". Even if she thought it, she had the class to keep it to herself. Again proving, to me, SC is the real professional on that set. I have lost all respect for EB.

As for Sharon Case not being "able to move on", how would one know that? She's made several made-for TV movies over the years, so it's not like she hasn't been able to do other things acting-wise. I don't get that statement at all.

• Love 11

I feel the same way Miamama. MM must have done something for the entire cast, except SC, to go radio silent when he was fired. He was on the show for, what, 4 years and he got nothing, no farewell send-off, but BM did? Come on, that just reeks of him being blacklisted for a reason. But as has been said, we'll probably never really know what happened, but I am glad he's gone. I never liked his character as he portrayed Adam (liked CE's just fine),  and once I saw his "twats" (lol) and interviews, his ego was more than I could stand. He just didn't get it, IMO.  

As for SC, I don't see her retweeting comments from fans on the universal loathing for Shictor as any where near as disrespectful as JM saying a few years ago in interviews that he preferred working with MS over SC. To me, that was the epitome of unprofessional. Even if that's how he felt at the time, he should not have said it because it showed a complete lack of respect for his long-time cast-mate SC, and she didn't deserve that and you "don't do that to a colleague". Yet I didn't see SC going around calling JM "unprofessional". Even if she thought it, she had the class to keep it to herself. Again proving, to me, SC is the real professional on that set. I have lost all respect for EB.

As for Sharon Case not being "able to move on", how would one know that? She's made several made-for TV movies over the years, so it's not like she hasn't been able to do other things acting-wise. I don't get that statement at all.

it's very simple, one wouldn't...LOL

• Love 4

Sharin'.

I didn't know about this so I am sorry but I have to ask,when and how did she do this? What did I miss? 

We'll never know what happened. We do know MM left on bad terms because the show and cast were almost silent on Twitter when his departure was announced (JM and MCE made tepid comments and SC was the only cast mate to show support at all and even with her it took a few days). And though his last day was the same as BM's, BM got a huge party, plus cast farewell video that was put online, and MM got nada. Even if MM left because of "hubris" I don't see the show snubbing him that royally. He did something. And it was bad. 

Whatever happened, the parties involved agreed to stay mum. 

I'm just glad MM is gone. Never liked him. And Justin Hartley is the bomb. :)

Have to agree with you there. Did I tell you guys that I really,really love Justin Hartley?

I don't get it either.And as I said I am sure SC loves her work and she is doing a great job at it!

• Love 3

Thank you for bringing up JC, Stewedsquash. Her comments, years ago in her book is just One more case of comments being blown out of proportion. Eric Braeden is on Twitter all the time talking about how much he misses her and saying how nice it is to work with various people on the show. He's not the monster some people want to make him out to be. And he is not Victor Newman.

• Love 4

You know you don't REALLY like him - honestly.

LOL but I really do.. Victor is Y&R to me.. I would hate it if he was gone.. no one plays asshole better and I think ALL soaps need a resident asshole who always wins.. Stefano on Days  and Victor on Y&R. 

He did something. And it was bad.

IA If it walks like a duck.. 

• Love 4

I have read many times that of course EB has complete control over YR but I have never read any sources or confirmation. Just because someone posts "of course he has it in his contract that he has control over everything" does not make it true. It is an opinion, nothing more. And as much as I like Jeanne Cooper, she was not the authority on matters on the set. She had an opinion and a point of view but that did not make it a fact.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I do not think some soap message board poster is a valid authority and that is all I have ever seen in regards to EB and all the accusations flung his way. 

He has been so nice on twitter.. I can't help but like Victor because of how nice EB has been.

• Love 3

Can I get a link to that and maybe the JH mini drama? Cuz the old drama is still more interesting than the show, imho, lol.

I'll try to remember where I read that and let you know. ;-)

The JH stuff was in Nellie's on line mag.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 3

Well, Nellie was always a big cheerleader for MM, so I'm not surprised that he is throwing shade at JH.

I find the "soap press" to be beyond ridiculous. You have to sift through their biases and personal relationships and cattiness to get to any semblance of reality. Michael Logan was tweeting about how he just can't buy GT's Phyllis. She's just too mean and one-dimensional he says. And that isn't Phyllis, he claims.  But he floves the flailing wildebeest MS, personally plugging her dumbass Scientology vehicle web show constantly. (Not one of these so-called reporters has bothered to report -- or find out -- how that entire web series is funded and staffed by Scientologists, which is actually IMO newsworthy. It's just Michelle being oh so creative.) Jamey Giddens is another moron. That entire Daytime Confidential site spent weeks mocking Chuck Pratt when he was first hired. Seriously? This is "journalism?" How about trying to nail an interview with Pratt and asking him about his horrid reputation? And Giddens is also constantly defending his faves and offering his idiotic opinions on "good soap" (e.g. Hevon/Neil is, in his view, awesome soap).

Every single poster on this site is a million times more intelligent and informed and articulate than these losers. 

I have this fantasy of launching a webzine about soaps. Except I only watch Y&R and only bits of it (thanks to FF) so I could never seriously do it. But I have a long-time journalism background and could handle the form side of it. It's just the content that would be problematic. lol. And I am never sitting through Lane or other daytime soaps. So it will remain fantasy.

• Love 9

Michael Logan was tweeting about how he just can't buy GT's Phyllis. She's just too mean and one-dimensional he says.

This isn't necessarily a slam against GT. Currently Phyllis IS acting mean and somewhat one-dimensional, but I blame that on the coma juice, not GT. I wouldn't exactly call MS's Phyllis friendly, but I never thought of her as ice cold like she is now.

But he floves the flailing wildebeest MS, personally plugging her dumbass Scientology vehicle web show constantly. (Not one of these so-called reporters has bothered to report -- or find out -- how that entire web series is funded and staffed by Scientologists, which is actually IMO newsworthy. It's just Michelle being oh so creative.)

I can see the soap press not being interested in doing in-depth reporting on MS's web show because it doesn't really have anything to do with soaps. I really don't see the point in trying to do some Shocking Expose on it, even if the Scientology claims can be proven. Just because it's allegedly staffed by Scientology doesn't mean it's pro-Scientology propaganda (I've only seen a few episodes so I don't know if it's pro-Scientology or not). People are watching it so if it is a blatant Scientology vehicle they either don't care or are able to ignore the behind the scenes stuff and just enjoy the show. 

• Love 1

Michael Logan

I have nothing positive to say about this fangurl. He is one of soaps' biggest ass kissers IMO. He's is a ride or die MS fan and anything he'd have to say about GT, her portrayal of Phyllis or the writing for the character at this point is a throwaway as far as I'm concerned. Phyllis's character today is no different IMO opinion than she was when she first fell off the typewriter keys of Bell's old Olivetti-Underwood. Phyllis is a mean spirited bully. Always was and always will be as far as I'm concerned. If anything, GT has softened her more brittle glass edges and given her a newly-found vulnerability that comes from being back on her heels from uncertainty. I find that immensely appealing and more watchable than at any time in Phyllis's long history - and certainly in the span of time MS played the role. So Logan can go pound sand.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 10

LOL but I really do.. Victor is Y&R to me.. I would hate it if he was gone.. no one plays asshole better and I think ALL soaps need a resident asshole who always wins.. Stefano on Days  and Victor on Y&R. 

IA If it walks like a duck.. 

Okay, I hope there's a spot at the "Victor is Y & R" table, because I want to join you there. And yes, all soaps need or needed, as the case may be, a resident asshole/villain/evil polarity, or their stories would have nothing to bounce off, or to measure the "good" characters by. Yeah, the character is egregious, but isn't he supposed to be?

And, yup, I do see a spot at the "Lord, I couldn't stand MM" table--just pull a chair out for me, please.

• Love 1
I can see the soap press not being interested in doing in-depth reporting on MS's web show because it doesn't really have anything to do with soaps. I really don't see the point in trying to do some Shocking Expose on it, even if the Scientology claims can be proven. Just because it's allegedly staffed by Scientology doesn't mean it's pro-Scientology propaganda (I've only seen a few episodes so I don't know if it's pro-Scientology or not). People are watching it so if it is a blatant Scientology vehicle they either don't care or are able to ignore the behind the scenes stuff and just enjoy the show.

The thing is Logan and Giddens have reported about the web series (which in and of itself has nothing to do with soaps, except the premise is it's a fake reality show about a soap star), so has Michael Fairman (another soap "reporter") and talked about how MS has nabbed huge stars like Kelly Preston (wow, how'd she do that?) and how she left Y&R to pursue this "creative angle." If they choose to write about the web series and the "stars" MS miraculously nabs then it is, imo, as journalists and not MS's PR flacks, incumbent on them to provide some background. It is relevant. I'd like to know if a show these three insist I watch is openly being pushed by a religion I detest. It's not alleged. It's a fact. The web series'  production company is called New Slant Productions (named after a Hubbard book and openly Scientologist). This stuff is culled from Village Voice and the New York Times (which is where I get this Scientologist stuff that exploded during the Tom Cruise divorce). It's not gossip. Scientologists in Hollywood is not a side topic. It's a big issue. And the co-creators of her show are Scientologists. With the exception of soap friends on the show, the actors are as well. I'm not saying it's a big deal to the content (haven't watched much of her show and I'm sure it's not propaganda; it's about having clout in Hollywood). But it is not a non-factor. If you are talking about the creation of a web series these are things you report. IMO.

Once someone tweeted some Scientology reference to her web series and Giddens attacked the tweeter as a "fucking asshole" for commenting on MS's religion. This is where I say they are not reporters but catty friends.

And what I meant about Logan's criticism about GT is that I don't trust it as fair because he is so over the top fawning about his buddy  Michelle. There is no impartiality. They are friends with some, not with others. Reporters as a rule shouldn't become friends with people they regularly report on. Sure you have sources, but you generally don't name them so your biases are not obvious. But as I say these are not reporters. Which was my point. I'll stop rambling about Scientologists now. :)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10

MS has nabbed huge stars like Kelly Preston (wow, how'd she do that?)

They're personal friends. I've even seen both Preston and MS in attendance together at a few segments of DWT when Kirstie Alley, also one of their friends, was competing. The only thing the that's the common denominator among them, except for their friendship and all being "in the business", is Scientology. I don't know whether they were acquaintances before their involvement with that organization or not, or whether any of them are still involved with it, but they're all supposedly good chums. And I have nothing to add about the organization because I don't know enough about it to opine, but I do recall a period when Michael Fairman, the actor not the soap industry writer, was on the show and writers were retrieving some articles/quotes that were attributed to him about Scientology and how they'd tried to ruin him personally after he parted ways from it.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3