Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Best use of history-Dylan is Nikki and Paul's son.

Don't agree! It was a predictable twist and a contrived one to make SB relevant. Also Paul's a geek.

Worst Triangle-Jack, Phyllis, and Smelly.

Its not one for the ages and Jack looked like a spineless douchebag and batshit Kelly looked even more pathetic than her typical self, however this triangle was far from the worst in all soaps all year.

• Love 3

I agree with both of you!! Katherine's will and the music box mystery were infuriating and the Neil and Hevon affair are aggressively insipid.

SOD says EB/Victor is the keynote speaker in a MLK Jr. Event in AR. Good for him but why? Does he have a background or education in civil rights or American History?

• Love 2

Not sure where this goes, but by now I'm sure everyone has heard about the Sony hack and to make a long story short, I'll be surprised if they're still in business next year. Since both Y&R and Days are owned by them, I have to wonder who the shows would be sold to if Sony does close up shop or goes bankrupt. Would the Bells want to buy Y&R back? I'd prefer Maria Bell back in charge over Pratt and JFP.

• Love 1

MY HOPE is that THE MABNESS never gets her grimy paws on Y&R ever again.

She was fired for a reason and that is because she was terrible in her supposed job.

Might as well as for hogass back too.

No we don't want that hack back and Hog ass Shitter,the King of the misogynists
  • Love 4

For those who have the ION Television channel, "Back to Christmas"--the movie MM is co-starring in--is on tonight. I happened to catch it about an hour in while channel-surfing. So far his character seems sort of Adam-lite, in courtship mode. The ION website says it's going to be re-broadcast on December 25.

• Love 4

For those who have the ION Television channel, "Back to Christmas"--the movie MM is co-starring in--is on tonight. I happened to catch it about an hour in while channel-surfing. So far his character seems sort of Adam-lite, in courtship mode. The ION website says it's going to be re-broadcast on December 25.

I watched this and wasn't particularly impressed.  I like MM's acting, but the character was such an ass, it sucked for me.  For once, I'd like him to play a really nice guy, just to see what it would be like.  I plan to watch it again - the movie was disjointed to me and hard to understand the flashback part.  I guess I just wanted to see MM win, for once.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4
I watched this and wasn't particularly impressed.  I like MM's acting, but the character was such an ass, it sucked for me.  For once, I'd like him to play a really nice guy, just to see what it would be like.

I only was able to watch the second half of the movie but what I did see left me wondering why anyone would call it "his" movie since he wasn't the hero. He was just maybe the second-biggest "celebrity" in the cast. I wasn't really impressed by his acting because it came across to me like he was just doing less angsty version of Adam. I'd also like to see him play a regular good guy just to see if he could pull it off.

• Love 2

For once, I'd like him to play a really nice guy, just to see what it would be like.  

I apologize if this is too off topic, but I never saw Veronica Mars.  What was his character on there like?

• Love 3

I apologize if this is too off topic, but I never saw Veronica Mars.  What was his character on there like?

Sorry, I never saw it either.  From my understanding, he played Sheriff Lamb, who was a bit of an ass-hole, mostly during the third season.  I think he was killed off on the show by some nobody with a baseball bat, but that is strictly from reading what other people say.  "The guy people loved to hate" is used frequently to describe him, so maybe he has typecast himself.  I would like to see if he could play a honest nice guy - just for the hell of it.

• Love 3

Best Villain: Ian Ward

More like ONLY Villain. The show is a shit fest..

So far his character seems sort of Adam-lite, in courtship mode.

Sorta? I felt like I was watching Adam.. MM is one note and this cheesy movie sure let me see that. 

Sorta? I felt like I was watching Adam.. MM is one note and this cheesy movie sure let me see that.

But I'm not sure if that was a function of MM's acting or if the character was written to be Adam-ish. Maybe the producers thought they were playing to MM's "strengths".

• Love 2

MTS posted the details of her recent illness on FB.  She looks great now but you can see she has lost weight.

Glad she is recovering.   

Thanks for the reply- and in the proper thread!  I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if she did lose some weight.  Not to be shallow, but she didn't look comfortable with the extra weight.

• Love 2

Thanks for the reply- and in the proper thread!  I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if she did lose some weight.  Not to be shallow, but she didn't look comfortable with the extra weight.

I agree, she was becoming almost bloated looking and looked uncomfortable!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 3

There's a blind item about Y and R:

Birds of a feather flock together. General Hospital execs are currently courting another The Young and the Restless actor – who is interested in leaving Genoa city and joining the folks in Port Charles.

This controversial Y&R male soap star is looking to get back in the daytime game and joining another network, and no it’s not Michael Muhney. This actor has stirred up quite a bit of drama on social media lately, and it’s making him a tough sell for his agent.

Young and Restless Actor:

http://blindgossip.com/?p=68496#more-68496

Doesn't "This controversial Y&R male soap star is looking to get back in the daytime game" imply that the actor is no longer on the show?

But then the "interested in leaving Genoa City" implies the actor is still on the show. I know these blind items are supposed to be vague, but this one is just contradicting itself.

• Love 2

But then the "interested in leaving Genoa City" implies the actor is still on the show. I know these blind items are supposed to be vague, but this one is just contradicting itself.

Maybe it's Kristoff, he can sure post weird stuff on his twitter.

"Actor" tho can also refer to a female but I have no idea who that could be.

• Love 2

Birds of a feather flock together. General Hospital execs are currently courting another The Young and the Restless actor – who is interested in leaving Genoa city and joining the folks in Port Charles.

I think it could be clb.

Seems to me, I remember KSJ getting very involved in the MM stuff on twitter, and more recently, some involvement in one of  the the police shootings in the news.  I don't do twitter, but another board had a thread running about whether or not he should be talking about the situation on Twitter.  I don't pay much attention to blind items and, god knows, the GH cast is bloated enough already.

• Love 1

Vail Bloom who used to play Heather is now on Vanderpump Rules because she's a hostess now at a restaurant. Anyhow she looks terrible now and her voice is like sandpaper grinding glass and she admitted she was let go from Y&R for being a cocaine addict.

Also that she had to have nasal reconstructive surgery for the nose candy. She looks and sounds like Lindsay Lohan's older sister with the Rachel Zoe body and raisin mouth.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

^^^

Really? That's so sad :(

ETA I just watched the clip of her interviewing for the waitress job, I wouldn't exactly be upset if one day I woke up looking like her.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

Mileage varies, ha ha. I think she looks very aged since she was heather and really emancipated and her hair is like brittle straw. She's been in like 3 or episodes now so maye it depends in the scene.

I don't know why she'd admit on tv she was fired for doing hard drugs and stuff. People know many actors do that shit but being open about being unreliable and an addict isn't gonna get her jobs especially when she's competing against girls ten years younger than her.

• Love 1

"Actor" tho can also refer to a female but I have no idea who that could be.

That's what I thought, and then assumed that it was Victoria Rowell, since the article said that the person wanted to get back into daytime.  Except that blind item explicitly says "him."

• Love 2
I don't know why she'd admit on tv she was fired for doing hard drugs and stuff.

There are no secrets in Hollywood, believe me. Those in "the industry" know all the dirt. She's simply let us in on it.

This controversial Y&R male soap star is looking to get back in the daytime game and joining another network, and no it’s not Michael Muhney. This actor has stirred up quite a bit of drama on social media lately, and it’s making him a tough sell for his agent.

I don't do Twitter, but can it be GR? I remember reading about the controversy regarding Chick-Fil-A... No idea of anything recent, however.

• Love 1