Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

This is my spec only based on shit said in blind items and the foreshadowing the show has done with "Adams hand" they expected the Adam recast on screen much sooner but have had such dicey luck in recasting in general they haven't been able to accomplish that goal. Just my guess.

This show is such a newbie festival it doesn't much matter now but the Adam's hand isn't causing that much suspense or menace when they do include it so I don't know why it's there or being dragged out.

Don't know if it's been posted-sorry if it has!!!! The forum has started dragging like the show. Not really even anything to make fun of, lol.Anyhoo, Eileen Davidson is joining....dun dun dun-Real H'wives of Beverly HIlls. I hate that it's the one franchise I don't watch of that show. I'm gonna have to now!! I am betting our girl, Eileen, will handle the other Ho'wives quite well. She's got years of experience with Y&R backstage drama. I'm sure RHOBH will be a piece of cake for her!! Who's with me?

• Love 2

That's funny she is new this year to the show with Lisa Rinna. Lisa Rinna was also on Days (and a bunch of other stuff like MP, VM, Dancing with the Stars). Ha I wonder if Kim will brag about all her acting achievements and star power now those two will be mixing it up. Also nasty ass stank Brandi will be so jealous of them and maybe kissing their butts. Haha.

• Love 1

That's funny she is new this year to the show with Lisa Rinna. Lisa Rinna was also on Days (and a bunch of other stuff like MP, VM, Dancing with the Stars). Ha I wonder if Kim will brag about all her acting achievements and star power now those two will be mixing it up. Also nasty ass stank Brandi will be so jealous of them and maybe kissing their butts. Haha.

I predict Brandi will make cracks about ED being "old."

I have watched some of RHOBH but stopped last season. I might just start back up again. Wasn't there some drama with ED and getting together with Vince Van Patten? Was she married or was he married at the time?

• Love 1

ED is making like $750,000 or $760,000 for the one season of the reality show according to I think Radar Online. Not too shabby for having camera dudes follow her for a month or 2. I wonder if they'll show part of her working at Days or some backstage stuff?

• Love 1

I think this is a mistake. What if she's a jerk?

Very few Housewives look good or maintain their composure because of the other personalities cast and contrived drama. Think about it. She'll be forced to interact with at least one crazy person or straight up bitch several x for a month or 2 AND go on vacation with them. And if someone is doing well and keeping their cool if get come back a second season they get a horrible edit and producer set ups because it increases drama if it looks like the person was a liar or fake or has a dark side. Lydia on the RH of the OC was a one season wonder that was fantastic: snarky, silly, nice, and not an air head.

I think Brandi will hate her. It'll be interesting if they show her going to the Y&R set.

Edited by Petunia13

This RHOBH move is very smart on Eileen's part. She's made it clear she doesn't want a heavy workload and this gives her a chance to make a big amount of money simply by living her life. Yes she'll also be working on Y&R, but we know Ashley is not as important a character as Kristen on DAYS so she won't be working THAT much. Also, despite claims that she is making 750,000, there is no way in hell. That is far too much for a first time unproven housewife. I'd say she's probably making anywhere from 100,000-250,000 for her first year, which is still very good.

So Sharon Case is posting lots of party pics on Twitter along with Tamara Clutterbuck among others!  Remember this was the woman who was raising Cassie before Grace and Tony found her and brought her to Sharon eventually....she was not a nice woman and was being led around by some no good....so I think they must be bringing her back somehow because of Mariah...Mariah will turn out to be Cassie's twin sister.  Unless of course they have been that tight as friends since that storyline sailed mega years ago?  Avery was also in the pics and 2 other friends called BOOBS!  LOL

Edited by jodo

Grace, who comes to GC to tell him about what she and Tony found out when they
went to retrieve Cassie back in the day.

Sharon Case, Tamara Clutterbuck and Jennifer Garies are all very good friends. She regularly posts pictures with them for years, although I wouldn't mind seeing either one of those actresses back on Y&R.

I think you're going to get your wish this week, if the CBS preview clip is any indication.  Nick apparently calls Grace, who comes to GC to tell him about what she and Tony found out when they went to retrieve Cassie back in the day.

• Love 1

Sharon Case, Tamara Clutterbuck and Jennifer Garies are all very good friends. She regularly posts pictures with them for years, although I wouldn't mind seeing either one of those actresses back on Y&R.

The fourth to their tight group is the actress who sued Brittany and is now a lawyer. They all hang out a lot.

I guess they don't feel it would be weird, Christell and MCE being best friends and Justin playing MCE's husband.

I don't think it's any weirder than CM (Kelly) being being married to ED's (Ashley) ex-husband. CM and Jon Lindstrom wed earlier this year, around the time she got hired at Y&R. People just have to remember to stay in their own lanes so there's no unnecessary trouble.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Notice he has dark hair in the video. And yes, much taller than MCE. I wonder if he will tower over EB, PB, and JM.

He will over Steve Burton. Devon and Noah. But this isn't GH where like 90% of the cast (men included) is under 5'5. Heh. So he should be ok.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

I always liked that MM was taller than both EB and JM, and could stare them down. I think the new guy's height is well suited to the character.

Those ice bucket videos were funny :-)

Edited by Capricasix

Maybe Neil sustained some brain damage too. Because he knocked over the salad bowl not because he is blind, but because he is stupid. Why didn't he hold the salad bowl with the other hand?

It has never been proven that anyone has a contract that dictates storyline terms.

Proven as in we've seen the contract?  No...but well known through costars and insiders, that EB for YEARS has to have the last word in all scenes, his contracts have been negotiated in ways that required him to have yearly a huge sl that allowed Victor to die and come back in a way to exact revenge.  This was something even EB has discussed in interviews several times.  Victor was to always remain powerful, never lose, always get the upper hand and win a physical fight.  That IS dictating story line. 

• Love 4

Proven as in we've seen the contract? No...but well known through costars and insiders, that EB for YEARS has to have the last word in all scenes, his contracts have been negotiated in ways that required him to have yearly a huge sl that allowed Victor to die and come back in a way to exact revenge. This was something even EB has discussed in interviews several times. Victor was to always remain powerful, never lose, always get the upper hand and win a physical fight. That IS dictating story line.

Please show one article where EB states that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Please show one article where EB states that.

You're kidding me right?  If you have been watching this show from beginning and read any interview with EB, you would have seen him say countless times, that Victor is powerful, should always retain his power and that he is to stay triumphant.  PB has discussed it,  JC put comments about EB in her memoir. Soap bloggers have spilled tea on the man.  This is what much of the feud between he and MM was about.  MM was sick of EB always having to get his way on set.  It's common knowledge..so please don't challenge me on something that is well known.  You can do a search yourself and find pages of EB interviews where his ego runs rampant.  

I can't give you the CBS interview as it's in a mag, but here is a soap blogger ranting on EB an alluding to what I posted upthread. 

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2012/08/16/will-someone-just-tell-the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-to-stfu-already/

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 3
(edited)

Not trying to step into this argument but that "rule" has fallen by the wayside, I think. Over on the other place I had documented several instances where his scene partners did have the last word and it appeared to be scripted, not some shenanigans on the part of a few actors.

Yes this is true.  In recent years, EB has had his power stripped and it was high time. JC was the only one who was ever allowed to do it, because as she said she dgaf about EB or his ego.  MM did it a few times and that started it rolling.    For some to say that EB has never run roughshod on this show is a head scratcher when it is common knowledge in the press, among costars and even on twitter.  The man is not shy about throwing his weight around.  His outrage at SC not feeling a Victor/Sharon pairing was another example.  He has expressed years earlier that he wanted Sharon and Victor..hence that stupid kiss years ago. It wasn't well received and never attempted again, until MAB (another writer he could manipulate) caved and gave into his request.  Poor Sharon Case, dared to express her disagreement with it and EB became outraged, complaining to the press about she had tanked it.  The man is bully, he doesn't give a shit about being a team player or how his need to have Victor win affects his costars or their characters.

• Love 5

EB might have a good sized ego, but no more than any other. I have watched for years. And I have read interviews. EB saying Victor should remain powerful and should always win does not mean it was written into any contract. Actors don't write stories. Period. EB was just stating his opinion about the character, not stating any Y&R rules about the character.

EB did not suggest Sharon and Victor years ago. He might have suggested something later on, but he didn't manipulate all the writers and producers on the show to get what he wanted. Soaps are hanging by a thread. They aren't going to risk the while show just to appease one actor no matter who he is.

MM's feud with EB was about some cocky young guy coming in thinking he was going to push EB off the show.

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 4

I think he must have some power or authority because who else could punch out TWO coworkers and not be shitcanned?!

LOL.

Plus I myself read in an interview where he said he didn't like the direction things are going where his kids sass him and the woman criticizes him and ones where he doesn't have the last word. I'm not judging him maybe he beloved strongly that stuff happening out of character for a guy like Victor Newman. I'm sure if he was playing Genghis Khan he'd say he didn't want the other characters giving him lip.

• Love 5
(edited)

Runningwild,  we'll agree to disagree on EB and how he has conducted his character/negotiations with YR/CBS/Sony.  Clearly we'll go round and round.  It's good enough that EB's reputation speaks loudly on the subject.  I will just reaffirm that JFP deballed him big time and good for her.

Just a suggestion, there's a separate thread for Backstage drama, would probably be better to discuss the Eric Braeden contract and the Michael Muhney feud there?

Speaking for myself, I'm done on the subject. But yes, you are quite right.  

• Love 1

I think he must have some power or authority because who else could punch out TWO coworkers and not be shitcanned?!

LOL.

He got into a fight with PB where punches were exchanged. I don't know who else he supposedly punched. I do know MM tried to goad him into fights to try and get him fired.

EB seems to be liked well enough. They include him in parodies (like that hilarious one with the paper bag as the new actress) and he was the one who was asked to speak about Bill Bell. Yes, he misspoke. I've done it myself. And I never changed my name. So I'm not going to criticize him for accidentally saying his new name instead of Bill Bell. He was obviously embarrassed by his mistake. The set seems like a pretty pleasant place to be, so he doesn't seem to be the troublemaker some have accused him of being.

• Love 1

Just a suggestion, there's a separate thread for Backstage drama, would probably be better to discuss the Eric Braeden contract and the Michael Muhney feud there?

Works for me. Maybe leave all contract comments to that thread?

• Love 2

EB might have a good sized ego, but no more than any other. I have watched for years. And I have read interviews. EB saying Victor should remain powerful and should always win does not mean it was written into any contract. Actors don't write stories. Period. EB was just stating his opinion about the character, not stating any Y&R rules about the character.

EXACTLY!!!! Sure he had an opinion on the character and he is free to state his opinion.

MM's feud with EB was about some cocky young guy coming in thinking he was going to push EB off the show.

This is how I see it too. MM  wanted EB off the show and was rude about it.

Plus I myself read in an interview where he said he didn't like the direction things are going where his kids sass him and the woman criticizes him and ones where he doesn't have the last word.

More opinion. Lots of the actors aren't thrilled with the direction of their character.

• Love 2

You're kidding me right?  If you have been watching this show from beginning and read any interview with EB, you would have seen him say countless times, that Victor is powerful, should always retain his power and that he is to stay triumphant.  PB has discussed it,  JC put comments about EB in her memoir. Soap bloggers have spilled tea on the man.  This is what much of the feud between he and MM was about.  MM was sick of EB always having to get his way on set.  It's common knowledge..so please don't challenge me on something that is well known.  You can do a search yourself and find pages of EB interviews where his ego runs rampant.  

I can't give you the CBS interview as it's in a mag, but here is a soap blogger ranting on EB an alluding to what I posted upthread. 

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2012/08/16/will-someone-just-tell-the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-to-stfu-already/

You're right PT.  In one of the last radio interviews Jeanne Cooper gave (it was during her book promotion tour a couple of years ago), she and the interviewer started talking about some of her costars, and she told about how a storyline in which Nikki was romantically linked for awhile with Bobby Marsino, which had become popular and buzzy for a period (a short period as I'll explain in a second), and she chuckled to the interviewer and told him that she was watching a scene between MTS and whomever the actor was playing Marsino, and JC said she remarked to someone else onset that "Well, it won't be long before Eric is putting his foot down with Bill about this."  Both she and the Interviewer laughed about that and they went on briefly to chat about how EB had (and JC confirmed that she had also made storyline requests - or demands)  with producers throughout the run of the show. She was very instrumental in the Marge Cotrook storyline (all except for Katherine marrying Murphy, which she said she never agreed with), as well as others including utilizing her own experience with plastic surgery back in the late '70s or early '80s.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 2

You're right PT.  In one of the last radio interviews Jeanne Cooper gave (it was during her book promotion tour a couple of years ago), she and the interviewer started talking about some of her costars, and she told about how a storyline in which Nikki was romantically linked for awhile with Bobby Marsino, which had become popular and buzzy for a period (a short period as I'll explain in a second), and she chuckled to the interviewer and told him that she was watching a scene between MTS and whomever the actor was playing Marsino, and JC said she remarked to someone else onset that "Well, it won't be long before Eric is putting his foot down with Bill about this."  Both she and the Interviewer laughed about that and they went on briefly to chat about how EB had (and JC confirmed that she had also made storyline requests - or demands)  with producers throughout the run of the show. She was very instrumental in the Marge Cotrook storyline (all except for Katherine marrying Murphy, which she said she never agreed with), as well as others including utilizing her own experience with plastic surgery back in the late '70s or early '80s.

JC didn't give a shit about ratting him out in her own interviews or book.  Neither has Peter Bergman.  

• Love 1

I don't see him getting a lot of acting jobs in the near future. I think he burnt a lot of bridges with the latest incident.

He's already shot a new TV movie, so I guess that hasn't hampered him, has it?

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this - I can't seem to find a good place.  The front cover of Soap Opera Digest announced today that Billy Miller has signed with General Hospital to play Jason.  Y&R has confirmed this with an announcement of their own, maybe hoping this will make the fans give up.  I can't see this character being a good vehicle for Billy Miller's talent and charm, but if anyone can make it work, he can.  That now means they have Marcy Rylan, Maura West, Michelle Stafford, and Billy Miller.  I only hope if the idiot writers kill of Michael, GH also winds up with Christian LeBlanc. 

• Love 1

Billy is JASON was not remotely surprising and spoiled/speculated like as soon as Billy Miller left Y&R. How ironic that he's playing Dylan's part now. I think the main reason Billy Miller (I have trouble calling him BM) took the GH job is the cast is a human ant farm so he'll prolly work like 5 days a month and have time for other shit. Also the guaranteed steady check cuz I think he's gonna marry Jessica Collins/Avery so needs reliable $ for wedding and family stuff. JMHO!