Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

They better fucking not.

God, what an awful thought!  I'm with you, but what better way for JFP to keep dopey Dylan front and center as the suspect that daddy has to save.  This guy is going to be in our faces till we all puke.

• Love 8

I found this somewhere looking for information on the leave of absence Amelia Heinle is or is not taking.  There are 20 different stories out there, mostly involving her sister, but the link doesn't list her as a survivor and it looks to me as if it were a sister-in-law.   The woman's husband's name is Heinle.  www.bradleystow.com/notices/Jane-Heinle/contact-us

• Love 1

They better fucking not.

I guess we couldn't be lucky enough for Victor to be the murder victim could we, he certainly can't be described as tall, dark and handsome anymore can he? Now if only the caption had said, tall, wrinkled and detestable, horrible, horrid, unpleasant, awful, nasty, disagreeable, despicable, objectionable, insufferable, revolting, loathsome, abhorrent, abominable, execrable, odious, disgusting, distasteful, obnoxious, offensive, vile, heinous, ghastly, beastly;

, then we would know for sure it was him..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 17

I guess we couldn't be lucky enough for Victor to be the murder victim could we, he certainly can't be described as tall, dark and handsome anymore can he? Now if only the caption had said, tall, wrinkled and detestable, horrible, horrid, unpleasant, awful, nasty, disagreeable, despicable, objectionable, insufferable, revolting, loathsome, abhorrent, abominable, execrable, odious, disgusting, distasteful, obnoxious, offensive, vile, heinous, ghastly, beastly;

Yeppers! That describes the old turd to a tee! (:

• Love 2

Perfect, Canadian - I absolutely love this!  You made a very bad day better.  I copied and pasted it to a word document, and blew it up to big print in case I ever forget any of  those great descriptions.  This is better than the thesaurus.

Edited to correct your name, again....

Edited by movinon
  • Love 3

LMFAO!!

• Love 3
Looks to me like Scott Elrod will be the murder victim.

No fucking way!!! We finally get someone worth looking at, and he is going to be murdered? And all to give the little wooden gnome even more story?

When will they get it that although Steve Burton may be a nice guy IRL, he is more wooden than my cutting board (and perhaps less talented). In fact, it could probably act rings around him.

STEVEBURTON-1.jpg

Edited by AxellaJ
  • Love 11

Just ran across an old episode from 1997.  What a difference in presentation and acting...Jack had gaping mouth then.  Someone has uploaded her vcr tapes.  In one I watched Phyllis already had Daniel and was trying to seduce Danny.  Remember Joni as her nanny.  

Here is the one I am watching now...one episode leads to another leads to another...LOL  Apparently Christine was trying to get pregnant then with Paul's baby! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEO7nf78mic  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 5

I told myself that I was only going to watch a few minutes and I ended up watching the whole show. It was great to see classic Y&R and yet made me feel sad at the same time. It just really showed how the quality of this show has plummeted. The restaurant scene with plenty of customers and waitstaff made the whole scene look so much better. The acting, writing, sets and direction were all so good back then.
I liked seeing Ryan and Nina and I'd forgotten that Phillip thought of Ryan as his father.

I vaguely remember that storyline with Keith Dennison.

Didn't he turn out to be a nutcase or something?

MS looked great. Loved her hair and this was back when I thought she was one of the better actors on this show. She really did use to be very good.
Danny singing! Gina's restaurant! John Silva!Victor being a megalomaniac!
Good memories.

Thanks for posting that Foghorn.

* I spoiled that because some one watching these now might not remember and I could be wrong about it anyway.

• Love 3

There is a reason that YR was the gold standard of daytime.  The lighting was exceptional and really cast the right mood for every scene.  The actors were cast beautifully and had a certain Bell-esque look to them. The sets were lush and there was detail in everything down to the fresh flowers. I've always said that each set was its own character, we came to love them and understand their place in the show.  Without those sets, the scenes would not be the same.  No other daytime soap had the exquisite musical score that YR had, haunting and soft. Even the characters/couples had their own music and when you heard it...you knew who you were going to see. Oh those days...   Bill Bell was the consumate storyteller and there will never be another like him.  

• Love 12

There is a reason that YR was the gold standard of daytime.  The lighting was exceptional and really cast the right mood for every scene.  The actors were cast beautifully and had a certain Bell-esque look to them. The sets were lush and there was detail in everything down to the fresh flowers. I've always said that each set was its own character, we came to love them and understand their place in the show.  Without those sets, the scenes would not be the same.  No other daytime soap had the exquisite musical score that YR had, haunting and soft. Even the characters/couples had their own music and when you heard it...you knew who you were going to see. Oh those days...   Bill Bell was the consumate storyteller and there will never be another like him.  

WELL SAID!!!  It was clear they spent a lot of money on sets and details making every scene special.  Their clothes and hair, they got dressed up for dinner.  Watching them at Gina's made me want a glass of red and some lasagna!  LOL

• Love 4

Pratt reveals what he has planned for Y&R...

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/01/13/top-secret-scoop-chuck-pratt-planned-young-restless/

Looks to me like Scott Elrod will be the murder victim.

I hope it's not Scott either. He has potential if they can just move him away from this wretched triangle they're trying so hard to place in him with Betty Crocker and Private Plywood (LMOL - at all the nick names in their woody glory!).

Is it wrong that I'm hoping they get rid of Kneel? Sorry, but this storyline with "Dime Piece" and Devyawn is just the worst. Maybe something happens to the plane Neil is on as he's travelling to get some experimental treatment. His demise would certainly shake things up for Hevon - a "forbidden couple". (eye roll

• Love 5

There is a reason that YR was the gold standard of daytime.  The lighting was exceptional and really cast the right mood for every scene.  The actors were cast beautifully and had a certain Bell-esque look to them.

If I'm remembering this correctly, Y&R has won awards for hair/makeup.  Significant drop in quality from then to now.

• Love 5

They've recast Kyle, and it looks like he's a teenager again! Or maybe just early 20s. He's certainly a cutie, but lord help us if he's thrown into Dumner's story,

EXCLUSIVE! Y&R FINDS THEIR NEW KYLE

By SOD • Posted: Jan 20, 2015

Y&R has tapped Australian actor Lachlan Buchanan for the coveted role of Jack Abbott’s son, Kyle. "Yes, I’ll be doing an American accent which means the Aussie one is going to disappear,” he smiles. “It’s going to be a fun challenge and I’m really looking forward to playing Kyle.” The daytime newcomer starred on the Australian soap HOME AND AWAY (“It’s like a rite of passage there”) and has made guest appearances in plenty of American prime-time TV (PRETTY LITTLE LIARS, NCIS: LOS ANGELES, CASTLE). He reports to work on January 27 and will first air on February 25.

• Love 5

Just ran across an old episode from 1997.  What a difference in presentation and acting...Jack had gaping mouth then.  Someone has uploaded her vcr tapes.  In one I watched Phyllis already had Daniel and was trying to seduce Danny.  Remember Joni as her nanny.  

Here is the one I am watching now...one episode leads to another leads to another...LOL  Apparently Christine was trying to get pregnant then with Paul's baby! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEO7nf78mic  

Thank you so much Foghorn. I have watched 2 of them and will definitely watch more. I am thrilled to be able to go back in time and watch the show in it's heyday!!!The difference in these old clips and the show today is startling! 

• Love 1

He's certainly a cutie, but lord help us if he's thrown into Dumner's story,

They really need to beef up the next generation and this guy is so cute.. I am glad Summer is going to get to dump that idiot Austin.. let Mariah have him..

• Love 1

I want Mariah to have a shot at Kyle, provided he can act. I don't want ANYONE else pining over Dummer. In fact, I'd be thrill if she just ceased to exist altogether.

I agree, I think it would be better for him to be coupled with Mariah then starting him off pining for married stupor girl.

I think all dummer deserves is a peanut butter sammich.

• Love 10

I want Mariah to have a shot at Kyle, provided he can act. I don't want ANYONE else pining over Dummer. In fact, I'd be thrill if she just ceased to exist altogether.

I have a very strong feeling you will get your wish...I think Mariah and Kyle is where the writers will take us, with a very jealous Dummer trying to cause problems for them...it would really rattle her chains to see a relationship develop between Mariah and Kyle..I would absolutely love it..

• Love 8

I agree, I think it would be better for him to be coupled with Mariah then starting him off pining for married stupor girl.

I think all dummer deserves is a peanut butter sammich.

Well I want a throw down between Dummer and Mariah!  I want to see Mariah shove a jar of Crunchy Jif  down stupor girl's permanently pouty pie hole! (;

Mariah & Kyle!

Dummer & my Avatar!

• Love 6

Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden  51m51 minutes ago
Great scenes today!! With some very nice colleagues: MELODY, PETER AND GINA! INTENZE STUFF!

EB just tweeted this. Interesting! I'm excited. I always wanted Jack-Phyllis and Victor-Nikki in the same circles...Don't know how far ahead they tape now: four weeks?

• Love 1

I was reading tweets at yrinsider twitter page and SC posted her and JM will be going back to Paris.

LOL I tweeted her and asked if it was for a shick honeymoon...

Shick are very popular in france.

That's interesting Valley.

I was reading tweets at yrinsider twitter page and SC posted her and JM will be going back to Paris.LOL I tweeted her and asked if it was for a shick honeymoon...Shick are very popular in france.

They're probably a few months behind us in France, so they may not know yet what an asshole Nick has become. I was a Shick fan, too, until around Halloween. Now, Nick can drown in a pool of his own vomit, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm really not interested in seeing him magnanimously *forgive* Sharon.

• Love 8

Okay, so I was reading CBS SID this fine afternoon and came across Pratt's bold plans for the show. I wanted to scream and smash a vase when I spotted one of the previews for Jack:

...his rivalry with Victor comes to an unexpected head! "This is the year he will bring down Jack Abbott once and for all!" promises Pratt...

That's some original motherfuckin' writing! That's thinking outside the box and flipping the whole soap opera paradigm right on its pointy head. Can't wait!

#creativelybankruptbullshit

• Love 12

Okay, so I was reading CBS SID this fine afternoon and came across Pratt's bold plans for the show. I wanted to scream and smash a vase when I spotted one of the previews for Jack:

...his rivalry with Victor comes to an unexpected head! "This is the year he will bring down Jack Abbott once and for all!" promises Pratt...

That's some original motherfuckin' writing! That's thinking outside the box and flipping the whole soap opera paradigm right on its pointy head. Can't wait!

#creativelybankruptbullshit

Well...that doesn't inspire me a bit.  Can't wait to recap THAT.  Not. 

I'm probably in the UO category when I say I love the character of Victor.  I love his longevity, his lines and catch-phrases and accent.  YOU GOT THAT?  He stands out in the generic sea of soapdom.  But to "bring down Jack Abbott once and for all" is un-acceptable to me, K?  Like Jack Abbott is really some kind of dastardly enemy instead of an Odd Couple sort of irritating buddy-rival thing.  Jack has been so innocuous for so long (and I like Jack), that how does he need to be "brought down?"  VICTOR is the sort of character that needs to be brought down.  Jack's just keepin' on, keepin' on.  I want Adam to bring down Victor Newman "once and for all."  And if they don't cancel the show, well then, it's never really "once and for all," now is it?  If they do cancel it, then I want them all dead, with Adam and Sharon standing victorious atop the pile of bodies.  Screw you, Genoa City.

• Love 10

VICTOR is the sort of character that needs to be brought down.  Jack's just keepin' on, keepin' on.  I want Adam to bring down Victor Newman "once and for all."

THIS - A MILLION TIMES.  i couldn't believe it when I read that shit.  What a novel concept to have Victor stick ii to Jack - I thought Pratt was supposed to be smart and innovative.  This has been done to death by every writer we have ever had, and he thinks this is supposed to inspire us?  I was starting to have hope for the show, because the writing has been better lately, but this one will push me over the edge.  I hate Victor, and I just wish he would die, if they can't write him with a little more diversity.

• Love 6

Apparently, Pratt says the disaster that is to befall Genoa City, besides the writing, is not going to be "natural."  So, I guess it's man made?  Or supernatural, lol?  Barring the zombie apocalypse, which I would dearly love to originate in GC, maybe a FIRE will consume Crimson Lights "once and for all," and the rest of downtown.  That would be kind of exciting.  Now I feel like Beavis and Butthead.  "FIRE, FIRE!"  Burn that place to the GROUND, with the forbidden couple inside, and numerous other couples.

• Love 6

Peach! How did you ever find a vid of Nickster and Bingo from boarding school?

Bwaha!

Could Pratt be speaking as Victor not really saying that Jack will actually go down but that Victor is promising to bring him down? Am I saying this properly?

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 12

I get what you're saying Patsy. That's what I think. That it's Victor's plan, his big plan to really knock Jack down completely, which is laughable since my adorable dumb Jack is -- as others say above -- hardly king of the castle. 

Pratt seems like someone who wants to launch some serious fireworks -- that is why he was hired presumably. Having Victor beat Jack for the millionth time is quite possibly the most blah storyline this show can offer.

PB has openly complained forever about ONE thing and that is that Victor always beats Jack and that apart from his personal annoyance with this it's boring and predictable storytelling. I just cannot believe that's a BIG story worthy of mentioning in your first interview as HW.

I'll say this though: Pratt is smart enough to pick up the thread of Victor messing with Phyllis' meds -- which seemed to be merely a plot point with the previous writers. That's some serious shit that Jack will freak out about if it is proven Phyllis's brain/personality is screwy because of Victor. He also recognizes that a major war between Victor and Jack makes for some good umbrella story -- it will bring in all the cast but especially the Noah and Kyle and Summer and Abby set. 

I posted above that EB said he filmed some intense stuff with Peter and Gina and Melody this week. I have a feeling this could be good. These are the people who should be interacting. Dudley tight pants is a bore and does not really ignite any passion in Victor. And no one actually believes Paul is a threat to Victor and Nikki's marriage. Christine is not even a character in any real sense any more. Dylan sure as hell should not be presented as a serious nemesis for Victor. I'm all for Jack/Phyllis vs Victor/Nikki. Especially if Nikki is drunk and funny.

Pratt could be playing with us with the Victor will beat Jack once and for all stuff. If he said Jack will beat Victor once and for all it sort of spoils a potentially massive storyline.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

I get what you're saying Patsy. That's what I think. That it's Victor's plan, his big plan to really knock Jack down completely, which is laughable since my adorable dumb Jack is -- as others say above -- hardly king of the castle.

Pratt seems like someone who wants to launch some serious fireworks -- that is why he was hired presumably. Having Victor beat Jack for the millionth time is quite possibly the most blah storyline this show can offer.

I sure hope you're right about this, Miamama, because I'm gonna shit a brick if this happens.  Jack is the only person who poses a challenge to Victor, and that is really sad.  Tucker could have done it, but they took care of that.  Joe could have been a perfect character to stick it to him. but he was wasted.  Even Colin could do it, if he were written like GH wrote Robert Scorpio.   I loved Ian Ward just because he made Victor look so stupid so much of the time.  It certainly seems like a tired, sad, old story to have Victor bring Jack down.  A really smart writer would bring Victor to his knees - that would be a story worth watching.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 7

Pratt could be playing with us with the Victor will beat Jack once and for all stuff. If he said Jack will beat Victor once and for all it sort of spoils a potentially massive storyline.

I am so hoping that you're right about this because I really don't think I can take Jack losing to Victor for the 1,236th time, It's boring and aggravating at the same time. Not something you want in a storyline. Having Victor struggle and slowly lose would be so much more interesting and dramatic instead of the same old story they've done for the last 25 years. Having Jack win and Sharon grow a spine and stomp the Cavemen into dust are the two things I really want to see happen now that Pratt has taken over.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 6

I am so hoping that you're right about this because I really don't think I can take Jack losing to Victor for the 1,236th time, It's boring and aggravating at the same time. Not something you want in a storyline. Having Victor struggle and slowly lose would be so much more interesting and dramatic instead of the same old story they've done for the last 25 years. Having Jack win and Sharon grow a spine and stomp the Cavemen into dust are the two things I really want to see happen now that Pratt has taken over.

Yes to all of them!!!Go Chucky!!! (:

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 4

Having Victor struggle and slowly lose would be so much more interesting and dramatic instead of the same old story they've done for the last 25 years.

God - what I would give to watch this!  It really makes you wonder about EB's contract rumor, when writer after writer comes on and producer after producer comes on, and the same old shit falls out of the bucket.  Surely, over the last million years, there has been one person in power who has said "What if Victor loses this time?"

• Love 5

Yeah, but if The One Time Victor Loses is to save stupid Crimson Lights, that is un-acceptable to me.  Blech.

I think the idea of Dylan being a suspect in the murder of the current town villain is super creative and original, though. 

• Love 5

Interesting little blind items from Branco's most recent - and last edition of SU. Ordinarily, I'd post the caveat that they could apply to any one of the soaps, but two of them (seem to) definitely be about Y&R because he mentioned the actors by name in the opening pages of the piece.

•One BI asks which "new addition to a soap" is not making friends on set?  (JH is specifically mentioned in this issue of SU as not being well liked)

•Another BI asks which actress lied to the press about a recent hiatus from the show?  (MTS's recent absence is addressed in the piece but I'm not sure she's the one being referred to here).

•And, supposedly an actor got a talking-to recently by execs for his Twitter tirades.  (This appears to be EB, because he's mentioned in the article several times, though another actor was singled out for making a reference to blackface in one of his tweets, but that doesn't sound so much like a tirade as a major gaffe).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 2

Thanks for the info TMS.:D

JH not being well-liked? Wonder why? Perhaps a bit of jealousy on the rest of their parts or maybe he is a bit aloof/ arrogant since he came from prime time and his GF is BFF with MCE.

Hopefully it's EB who got his hand slapped. I don't twat but from what I've heard from those who do, he loses his shit quite often. 

• Love 4

JH not being well-liked? Wonder why? Perhaps a bit of jealousy on the rest of their parts or maybe he is a bit aloof/ arrogant since he came from prime time and his GF is BFF with MCE.

Well, *I* like him.

• Love 11