Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I wonder how long before it is announced that chrishell stause (Justin Hartley's girlfriend and mce's bestie) is cast as someone on Y&R?

I'm surprised she wasn't hired at Y&R instead of DAYS to begin with. She'll probably show up as Joe's girlfriend or something. Or, maybe they'll hire her on B&B. She and Jacob Young played fcuk buddies on AMC so she's already got an in there too. Thing is though, she's really not much of an actress (IMO).

• Love 2

Possibly a Mac recast. Assuming they give a shit about the Chancellor family or Kay (they don't). So most likely someone connected to Dylan, his best friend Stench, his worthless sister.

It occurred to me Heather is never coming back or going to be recasted because this 30 year old cutie supposed to have born before 43 year old Dylan. Losing legacy characters for made up new contrived "legacy" characters.

• Love 3
(edited)

God please no more ABC//AMC rejects.  Those two non talented bimbos imo are part of the reason why AMC eventually tanked.   MCE is probably already cooing to her CBS exec hubby how it would be so awesome to have her bestie at YR and can he please see if he can help make it happen.  Ugh!   HATE! 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 6

God please no more ABC//AMC rejects. Those two non talented bimbos imo are part of the reason why AMC eventually tanked. MCE is probably already cooing to her CBS exec hubby how it would be so awesome to have her bestie at YR and can he please see if he can help make it happen. Ugh! HATE!

They really are best friends. Every interview is them gushing about each other and their twitters and instagrams are full of pics together.

Anyhow. No more fucking newbies, every week that crazy bitch Jill adds one.

• Love 1

I really wish VR/Drucilla would stop giving interviews every week about her returning to Y&R. Shes starting to look desperate and crazy.

It's always the same stuff going on how there's a huge demand for return, some conspiracy against it, her availability, and issues with the show. I don't think ranting about a potential employer and being pushy is the way to get hired again.

• Love 3

I really wish VR/Drucilla would stop giving interviews every week about her returning to Y&R. Shes starting to look desperate and crazy.

It's always the same stuff going on how there's a huge demand for return, some conspiracy against it, her availability, and issues with the show. I don't think ranting about a potential employer and being pushy is the way to get hired again.

I had no idea!  I am not sure Drucilla coming back would help the Winter's storyline in any case.  BUT she and Sharon were good buds and I wish Sharon had a pal on the show.  The other thing that might happen is to knee jerk Neil back into acting!  LOL

• Love 1

The other thing that might happen is to knee jerk Neil back into acting!  LOL

Nah, she carried the Winters family. I never cared for her, but she injected life and a smidgen of humor in Keel, but she was too frequently OTT, especially around the end of the road. Geez, between VR and MS, it was hard to decide who was winning the Nora Desmond sweepstakes contest.

• Love 2

You are so right.  This was part of the reason she isn't there anymore, IMO, because she was saying stuff while she was still there.  I don't think the show needs any more behind the scene drama than it already has.   If the show had half the drama that the backstage does, the ratings would increase like crazy.. 

• Love 2

Ok what the fuck

CLB's being really stupid then since he has a good thing going with Y&R. If they kill Mike of it'll be about ten seconds before Lauren is in Paul's orbit. Ha they can get rid of Cricket too. Please.

Some sixth grade stuff right there "I'd only go to this Girl Scout camp because my BFF is. If she goes to horse camp then I'm going there. We wear matching outfits and talk on the phone every night."

GL to him GH cast is bigger than Y&Rs and B&B combined LOL. It's starting to look like an employment agency for out of work or disgruntled Y&R and OLTL actors.

• Love 2

Not sure if I believe that or that he's even leaving.

I sure hope you're right - He has been a part of Y&R for so long and they just keep losing good people.  I like watching Michael and Kevin together - very believable to me as brothers. 

• Love 3

Just saw that at DC---got a giant UGH from me too---of course he's happy, he gets everything he wants (and I still think they pay his airfare as he is known to be notoriously tightfisted per fans who follow that stuff) and he doesn't even have to act just stand there and say "DUH"

• Love 4
Here's a retraction to the Examiner article.

From the retraction:

Do not believe every little rumor or unfortunately, printed article, out there by irresponsible columnists who want to gather comments and make more money.

In other words, pay no attention to Examiner.com.

OMG, the tone of that article is rich given that they jumped on the rumor and helped to spread it. There's a little clique of sites that do stuff like this and then they cite each other to make their "reporting" look more believable. CLB might play a lawyer on TV but I'll bet a real one stepped in to deal with this nonsense.

• Love 4
Does Yahoo own that Examiner site or something? Because Yahoo does nothing but link to that site with stories about YR and most of Bravo's shows.

I don't think Yahoo owns them but there seems to have been a mutual admiration society going on. Up until fairly recently Examiner was including a lot of articles which referenced or cited Yahoo.

Apparently Yahoo was operating a subsite which was similar to the Examiner model where writers get paid largely based on how many clicks their articles receive. It seems Yahoo shut that operation down late this past summer. Maybe some writers were contributing to both sites or have since migrated over to Examiner.

Whatever, since Yahoo is a more "reputable" brand, it may give Examiner some weight to have some of their articles linked there. However, it's still true that much of what appears on Examiner is unsubstantiated rumors cleverly written to sound like facts.

• Love 2

Does Yahoo own that Examiner site or something? Because Yahoo does nothing but link to that site with stories about YR and most of Bravo's shows. The latest headline at Yahoo, which is a link to Examiner, is that the twist in the Sharon story is that Faith and Summer are Nick's because Nick is Jack's so that means Sharon did not switch the results. I don't go to the links for Examiner anymore, since it was pointed out by Joimiaroxeu that it is a click bait site, but the headline gave away the above information. I think I would like this it if where to happen. It would change the dynamics of the show and allow for many relationships to change. 

I would love Nick to be Jack's - old Victurd's head would be spinning for years.  However, Victor told Mariah that he had checked to see if Nick was his, and that he was.  Of course he is not only a turd, he is a liar, but it does throw cold water on my fantasy.  AND the examiner is crap, as are most of these sites.

• Love 1

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/21/michelle-stafford-y-and-r-interview_n_6198848.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Well I just read this and feel a little chill from all the shade being thrown at Y&R in that interview. Seems pretty clear that there is a lot of truth to the backstage drama at Y&R over the years. I also found her Emmy comments interesting. I truly don't miss the actress in the role of Phyllis at all.

Thoughts?

ETA: This is a HuffPost Canada TV interview with Nelson Branco. Worth adding I thought.

Edited by Gigi

thanks.. loved that.. No wonder I love MS.. keeping it real .. I have read many times that Y&R is an ego filled set with lots of backstage drama..seems BM and MS agree and are thrilled to be out of there.. I wonder what actor didn't want to see her succeed? ;)

Edited by crosby777
  • Love 1

"Wait, so people just come to work and leave?" [Laughs] There's no drama on "GH."

LOL. This is funny, they also leave together. Vacationing and off time together. The group is close knit. That conversation between her and Billy must have been funny.

I do wonder who she's talking about in the Maura West question. Maura and Michelle do seem like they gel a lot and have fun together.

• Love 1
I've experienced times when another actor doesn't want me to shine in a scene.

WTF? Given all the less-than-subtle upstaging she was doing on Y&R, I think she's the last person who should be complaining about actors not letting each other shine.

Not sure why a former cast member who's now on a competing soap merits their own thread...

• Love 5

I wondered if MS was talking about PB. I say that because I can't think of a single actor outside of Eric Braeden who was allowed to "outshine" her in scenes. It's too bad Maura West wasn't allowed to shine as much as she could have in scenes with MS when she played Diane Jenkins. I always felt MAB made sure Phyllis always had the upper hand, whereas when Susan Walters played Diane I never felt that. way.

Edited by Gigi
  • Love 6

I'm just glad I don't have to watch her failing type of acting anymore...Y&R is much better off without her..no great loss...

My sentiments exactly. I never thought the show would be blessed with her exit since she pretty much ATE the show for years. Toodles! But she really is still full of herself, isn't she? Sheesh.

Not sure why a former cast member who's now on a competing soap merits their own thread...

I wasn't sure in which thread to post the article  - the Phyllis thread or start a new one. Since she isn't on the show anymore and I thought her comments on Y&R were points of interest, I decided a new thread would be better. But the Mods can merge this to the "Phyllis Love/Hate" thread if that's a more appropriate location for any discussion.

• Love 2

Headline should have read: "Petty actress interviewed by little bitch"

What a pair. 

I'm fascinated that she felt the need to make it clear she didn't care about being Phyllis a long time ago anyways you guys. I just DONT WATCH Y&R. I'm so happy and I'm with the BEST LEADING MAN ON EARTH now. And there's no DRAMA HERE (except where I create it in gossip interviews with gossip master Branco). Oh and of course I'll remind you as I do at every opportunity that I've been fucked a lot by guys because I am totally, completely heterosexual. 

God, she's ridiculous. 

• Love 8

Headline should have read: "Petty actress interviewed by little bitch"

What a pair. 

I'm fascinated that she felt the need to make it clear she didn't care about being Phyllis a long time ago anyways you guys. I just DONT WATCH Y&R. I'm so happy and I'm with the BEST LEADING MAN ON EARTH now. And there's no DRAMA HERE (except where I create it in gossip interviews with gossip master Branco). Oh and of course I'll remind you as I do at every opportunity that I've been fucked a lot by guys because I am totally, completely heterosexual. 

God, she's ridiculous. 

You're being kind..LOL..loved the accuracy of the names you called them..petty actress and little bitch...:0)

• Love 3