Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Joshua Morrow @JoshuaMorrowYR · Mar 26

Dylan getting a lil too close to Sharon....am guessing nick will have a prob with this soon lol. #yr

Can't wait for this to happen.

Nick doesn't like it when Sharon moves on..

• Love 4
What's nice about Dylan is Nick can't claim he's a bad influence on Faith or that Sharon is nuts for being with him. Dylan is a saint, after all, lol. And Faith adores him.

Nick for sure will bring up the "another one of my brothers" angle. I wouldn't be surprised if he also brings Dylan's PTSD into it. Because Nick himself is just perfect and unicorns fly out of his butt.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8

Joshua Morrow @JoshuaMorrowYR · Mar 26

Dylan getting a lil too close to Sharon....am guessing nick will have a prob with this soon lol. #yr

Yaawwwn....how predictable.   

Dear writers, 

Please end the cycle of Sharon being an idiot for Nick.  Her fans are ready to see her kick his worthless greasy behind to the curb and finally mean it.

Signed

Fed Up Sharon Fans

• Love 11

So Camryn Grimes gets no Emmy nomination but wait for it... HUNTER KING does! And Amelia Heinle nominated again???

NO Peter Bergman (total bullshit) but CLB gets nominated? So does Billy Miller (who I think is grossly overrated).

Even with four soaps they can't get it right.

This is supposed to link to a full list. But it's not working too well right now.

• Love 6
the Emmy awards are a fucking meaningless joke.

The Daytime Emmy awards are most certainly a bad joke and have been for many years but the regular Emmys usually get it right, I think. For example, I'm confident that perennial awards season favorite Julianna Margulies will be staying in her seat this year because she's got some fierce competition.

But back to the daytime version, HHK again? Really. I thought last year was probably a pay off for the alleged groping incident but this year? Please. And KSJ's attempts to play a blind man were a huge fail although his relapse stuff (especially the scenes with Nikki) has been great. Does anyone know what scenes the actors submitted?

• Love 4

You're right Snap. lol. Anything judged by humans is stupid (and the Daytime Emmys are particularly bad nowadays). However, I'm competitive by nature and this is a competition. :) It's like crack to me.

On a serious note, I do fear they will give more airtime to the likes of HK after this. To me CG could have easily won the Supporting Actress category, let alone Younger Actress. And Peter Bergman should be nominated yearly without question. But the truth is it means shit to PB's career or even CG's. They are both solid and are getting airtime. And I don't think it's possible to give HK more story.

Does anyone know what scenes the actors submitted?

Sorry. Joimiaroxeu. Don't know.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 3

42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.

Outstanding Drama Series Nominees:

"The Bold and the Beautiful"

"Days of our Lives"

"General Hospital"

"The Young and the Restless"

Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team Nominees:

"Days of our Lives"

"General Hospital"

Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team Nominees:

"Days of our Lives"

"General Hospital"

Outstanding Lead Actor Nominees:

"General Hospital's" Anthony Geary (Luke) and Jason Thompson (Patrick)

"The Young and the Restless'" Christian LeBlanc (Michael) and Billy Miller (ex-Billy)

Outstanding Lead Actress Nominees:

"Days of our Lives'" Peggy McCay (Caroline) and Alison Sweeney (ex-Sami)

"General Hospital's" Maura West (Ava) and Laura Wright (Carly)

"The Young and the Restless'" Gina Tognoni (Phyllis)

Outstanding Supporting Actor Nominees:

"The Bold and the Beautiful's" Scott Clifton (Liam) and Jacob Young (Rick)

"General Hospital's" Chad Duell (Michael)

"The Young and the Restless'" Kristoff St. John (Neil)

Outstanding Supporting Actress Nominees:

"The Bold and the Beautiful's" Linsey Godfrey (Caroline)

"General Hospital's" Finola Hughes (Anna) and Lisa Locicero (Olivia)

"The Young and the Restless'" Amelia Heinle (Victoria) and Elizabeth Hendrickson (ex-Chloe)

Outstanding Younger Actor Nominees:

"Days of our Lives'" Freddie Smith (Sonny)

"General Hospital's" Bryan Craig (Morgan) and Tequan Richmond (TJ)

"The Young and the Restless'" Max Ehrich (Fen)

Outstanding Younger Actress Nominees:

"Days of our Lives'" Camila Banus (Gabi)

"General Hospital's" Kristen Alderson (Kiki) and Haley Pullos (Molly)

"The Young and the Restless'" Hunter King (Summer)

Outstanding Special Guest Nominees:

"The Bold and the Beautiful's" Fred Willard (John)

"General Hospital" Donna Mills (Madeline) and Linda Elena Tovar (Rosalie)

"The Young and the Restless'" Meredith Baxter (Maureen), Sally Kellerman (Constance) and Ray Wise (Ian)

Hope those were the important ones...lol
Edited by movinon
  • Love 2

So basically, the nominees for best show, best writers, and best directors are...the only four shows left? So much for "it's an honor just to be nominated"!

I hope CLB was nominated for the "cancer carols" he sang on Christmas Eve. That shit was gold!

• Love 10

Please end the cycle of Sharon being an idiot for Nick.  Her fans are ready to see her kick his worthless greasy behind to the curb and finally mean it.

If they really want to redeem Sharon.. they need to get her off that ranch and far away from ALL things Newman.. and she needs to forget Nick's name instead of begging him every chance she gets.. it is sickening.. Some of her fans are still team shick and I just cannot understand why..

• Love 2

Yaawwwn....how predictable.   

Dear writers, 

Please end the cycle of Sharon being an idiot for Nick.  Her fans are ready to see her kick his worthless greasy behind to the curb and finally mean it.

Signed

Fed Up Sharon Fans

As a former Shick fan, I totally agree with this....but for those who still root for Shick, they have every right to and don't need my understanding as to why..

• Love 5

As a former Shick fan, I totally agree with this....but for those who still root for Shick, they have every right to and don't need my understanding as to why..

I agree too. And Shick fans have every right to love their couple. (;

• Love 5

I love Shick for who they used to be not who they have become.

Always a Sharon ( and SC ) FAN first!

Oh yeah I am first and foremost a Sharon fan.Always have been and always will be! Sharon ever goes so do I!

She was the best part of Shick!

Shick was awesome in it's hey day but too many writers have ruined them.

But the Shick fans deserve respect as do all the many couple shippers! (:

• Love 4

So basically, the nominees for best show, best writers, and best directors are...the only four shows left? So much for "it's an honor just to be nominated"!

Exactly what I was thinking about this morning. Why bother even having a category for "Best Daytime Drama" when the only nominees are the only surviving soaps from each network? Technically, CBS has two, so maybe they should actually cull all the votes for GH and Days and only count the ones between B&B and Y&R to determine who gets the nod for best daytime show on CBS. which would compete against NBC and ABC. It'd make it an official rotation, which it's already been feeling like for the past five or six years on now. The entire thing seems so bush league to me now. They really ought to recognize daytime television within the regular Emmy process. They could handle the inevitable increase in categories (=duration) by handling it like the Oscars do, which is in advance, with the winners announced on the regular broadcast. There'd be more eyeballs to watch (maybe) and it would give a little more respectability to the Individual winners than this middle school production on a backwater cable network featuring reruns.

• Love 4
(edited)

If they really want to redeem Sharon.. they need to get her off that ranch and far away from ALL things Newman.. and she needs to forget Nick's name instead of begging him every chance she gets.. it is sickening.. 

I don't think Sharon needs redeeming, I still love her warts and all and she's not really done anything that's unpardonable.    I  do agree with you that getting her off the ranch and away from Nick would be a wonderful thing for her character.  I want her to grow and spread her wings away from all things Newman but it's never gonna happen.  They share a child and for some reason tiic want Sharon/Nick in very close proximity to each other.   It's that push pull that the writers seem to enjoy with these two, same as with Victor/Nikki (another relationship I don't enjoy).  Shick are not my cup of tea anymore and I doubt they ever will be again,  but they still have many loyal  fansmand I think the show realizes there's quite a bit of history to mine from with these two. 

As for Nick, it's time his sorry behind stopped living off of his parents.  The guy practically lives with his parents in a guest house and everything he owns was bought and paid for by them. Including that sorry club, which he funded with dollars he stole from his father. How is that even attractive to chicks?  It's not like he runs some high end chain of restaurants that caters to an exclusive list of high end celebrities.  He's a greasy slime ball and his club looks like a back alley strip joint.  Add to that he's so suave; his idea of courting a woman is to bring her back to his tack house for cocoa or to just bang her on the floor or hay....where ever the mood strikes him.    Nick is a punk and like you I just don't get what Sharon or any woman sees in him.

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 9

I don't think Sharon needs redeeming, I still love her warts and all and she's not really done anything that's unpardonable.    I  do agree with you that getting her off the ranch and away from Nick would be a wonderful thing for her character.  I want her to grow and spread her wings away from all things Newman but it's never gonna happen.  They share a child and for some reason tiic want Sharon/Nick in very close proximity to each other.   It's that push pull that the writers seem to enjoy with these two, same as with Victor/Nikki (another relationship I don't enjoy).  Shick are not my cup of tea anymore and I doubt they ever will be again,  but they still have many loyal  fansmand I think the show realizes there's quite a bit of history to mine from with these two. 

As for Nick, it's time his sorry behind stopped living off of his parents.  The guy practically lives with his parents in a guest house and everything he owns was bought and paid for by them. Including that sorry club, which he funded with dollars he stole from his father. How is that even attractive to chicks?  It's not like he runs some high end chain of restaurants that caters to an exclusive list of high end celebrities.  He's a greasy slime ball and his club looks like a back alley strip joint.  Add to that he's so suave; his idea of courting a woman is to bring her back to his tack house for cocoa or to just bang her on the floor or hay....where ever the mood strikes him.    Nick is a punk and like you I just don't get what Sharon or any woman sees in him.

For sure she doesn't need redeeming for me...great post...

• Love 5

For sure she doesn't need redeeming for me...great post...

Me either. Sharon is in no way perfect and has a lot of problems but I will take her any day over the other so called sane and upstanding citizens of Genoa City. She has always been head and shoulders above all the sanctimonious hypocrites that sit in judgement of her every breath.
  • Love 10

Me either. Sharon is in no way perfect and has a lot of problems but I will take her any day over the other so called sane and upstanding citizens of Genoa City. She has always been head and shoulders above all the sanctimonious hypocrites that sit in judgement of her every breath.

LOL, I know, redeemed for whom?? Certainly not most of her fans, of which there are many, any character as popular as SN does not need to be redeemed..what is that anyway?? she is front and center in so many story lines and no one is indifferent to her, she is either loved or hated with a passion..what's to redeem??

• Love 9

LOL, I know, redeemed for whom?? Certainly not most of her fans, of which there are many, any character as popular as SN does not need to be redeemed..what is that anyway?? she is front and center in so many story lines and no one is indifferent to her, she is either loved or hated with a passion..what's to redeem??

Exactly. As I always said love her or hate her but nobody ever ignores her!! LOL

• Love 5
(edited)

Exactly. As I always said love her or hate her but nobody ever ignores her!! LOL

I know, why in the heck would anyone want her redeemed.....or even thinks she needs to be..redeemed to what????

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hey! Ray Wise on the season premiere of Mad Men! *clapping*

Actually, since it's been almost a year since MM was on, I forgot that he was playing Ken Cosgrove's FIL.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 7

Thanks for that, Blueeyes.  That one of the best clips I've seen.  Now we just have to drag that doppelganger over to Y&R, and we have ourselves a winner.  He's like two different people, and they are WASTING him. 

Edited to say it was nice while it lasted.

Edited again to say "It's back"  yea! 

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4

Ahhmazing! The contrast between SE in those clips and the stiff he plays(played?) on this for crap show is astounding. It's hard to believe it's same man. And what a man. How could they waste such a catch? And god damn it, Phelps is doing the same thing to Justin Hartley. Is it because if they'd write/had written some halfway decent material for these guys they'd outshine little Stevie?

Ahhmazing! The contrast between SE in those clips and the stiff he plays(played?) on this for crap show is astounding. It's hard to believe it's same man. And what a man. How could they waste such a catch? And god damn it, Phelps is doing the same thing to Justin Hartley. Is it because if they'd write/had written some halfway decent material for these guys they'd outshine little Stevie?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5

Ahhmazing! The contrast between SE in those clips and the stiff he plays(played?) on this for crap show is astounding. It's hard to believe it's same man. And what a man. How could they waste such a catch? And god damn it, Phelps is doing the same thing to Justin Hartley. Is it because if they'd write/had written some halfway decent material for these guys they'd outshine little Stevie?

This is why I've been bitching ever since he came on - this is what I was expecting, and look what we got. To the bolded, I'm sure it is or maybe they would piss of EB.  lol  They're both 6'2", you know.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4

Oh My *fanning myself*  WTH Show?!

Subes loves a handsome man who's good with his hands

I agree also about totally wasting Justin Hartley.

All so Grampy Prune Balls can WIN ALL OF THE TIME

• Love 5

Wow, SE was delicious in those scenes. Looked good and I loved his personality. The only tip off it was the same guy was the voice. I hope that the fall off the balcony gives Joe a weird kind of amnesia and he becomes that guy from Men In Trees. I would love to see that guy in GC.

• Love 5

"Guess I'm messing up your view" HARDLY!!! You ARE the view! Can someone please mess this guy's hair up a bit and tell the nurses not to shave him?

A lot less Brylcreem and a whole lot more Marlboro Man would suit me just fine.

• Love 6

Sharon should have slapped Summer for barging into her house, what gives the brat that right? I hope by the end of this plot, she tells off any Newman and has nothing to do with them if they believe this framing and that goes for Noah too.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 10

And the guy who played Ryder (Kevin's half-brother and Daisy's twin) had a small role on this week's episode of Bates Motel, playing someone who picks up Norma in a bar.

If you aren't watching Bates Motel, I would strongly urge you to start. I'm not exaggerating, I think it's the best show on TV right now. I am a Hitchcock fan, but you don't need to be. The show stands on its own and the acting is freaking amazing. I could gush about it for days!

• Love 3

That is just too funny Patsy!

That is just too sickening Miamama!

He thinks HHK is great! And I thought MAB saying YZ POPPED was bad.

MAB said that??? Yikes.

Pratt is similar to MAB in his storytelling I think. Heavy handed, tone deaf, thinks SHOCK equals good television. Likes crazy women...or women being crazy.

• Love 4

UGH--as usual------UPchuck DOES NOT GET IT---wish he had said yeah we know Kyle is an ass of the highest order but no--and what he did say did not impress me but then I am a veteran of his so called writing on daytime and it is never good---wish I knew how to post a photo of a green alien knocking himself in the head---

Edited by Oly
  • Love 5