Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Love and Death / S02.E08: Do the D'DEW

Episode 7 (Love and Death):

Richard, Roberta and Sid rush the fatally wounded Galavant to a healer named Neo of Sporin, who has a magic potion that could save Galavant's life. While waiting for Galavant to recover, Roberta admits she likes Richard and they almost share a tender moment. Later, Neo produces an army for Galavant... but the soldiers turn out to be zombies. Meanwhile, Madalena finally shares her true feelings with Gareth, who is shocked. As they march on Hortensia, the unlikely duo make a decision about their relationship.

Episode 8 (Do the D'DEW):

The battle between Hortensia and Valencia begins.

Zombies are controlled by love?! Whatever. At least the zombie army was worth it for "Finally!" aka Zombie Grease. That was a riot.

Richard is a virgin no more! It's almost a shame because I was really enjoying the unicorn gag. But Bobbi had better get her ass to the battlefield ASAP.

Glad Isabella is finally doing something.

I loved everything about Gareth, from his weird Disney love song to his undisguised glee at the Madalena and Isabella cat fight. Yes, Gareth, we were all waiting for that too.

You know what? Screw OUAT, I want another season of Galavant!

• Love 19

Best episodes of the season by far, in my opinion.

Neo of Sporin was great! I liked his number. Loved the lighting and camera work. We had a Princess Bride mention!

Madalena and Gareth continue to be adorable and evil. Madalena's battle outfit is my new favorite costume!

Richerta got a Grease number! They're adorable!

I want me a chocolate axe!

Loved the "save the date" war invitation. Love how Wormwood is still a wedding-planner at heart.

Loved the "death" and catfight musical numbers!

Spinster Mountain? Lol!

Do the D'DEW! Loved how Madalena was ready to sacrifice a baby and sign a blood oath. Truly an evil queen!

Gareth's disney sing-along/animated bird number was fun too.

Can't wait for the finale!

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 7

That was great, loved all of the musical numbers. The Pirates of Penzance and Grease numbers were particularly great but I floved the Royals Rap Battle.

The zombies powered by love was fun. I'm really looking forward to the finale next week. I'm going to miss the Unicorn but, I'm really hoping Tad Cooper has grown in a dragon.

Wormwood and the wedding planning vs evil plotting gag never gets old. Very hilarious.

• Love 7

But...I`m not ready for it to be over! 

Please let Tad Cooper end up saving the day, with an assist from the unicorn! 

I never realized it, but I really needed to see Vinnie Jones singing and dancing with little cartoon birds. 

My love for this show could power a zombie army. Or two or three zombie armies. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9

I've been enjoying the musical numbers more this season.  I think it may be because they are far more willing to pay homage to well known musicals while doing it.

I really do love this show.  I wonder if the show will end on a cliffhanger or not next week.  Either way, I ned a third episode.

• Love 2

Only saw the last 20 minutes but Zombie Grease was pretty damn fun.  

Every time Vinnie Jones signs, I cringe.  Then I say "He's horrible but clearly having a blast doing this show."  My lip ends then twist up.

Dear ABC...cancellation can suck it again, right?

• Love 7

Wow. Two fantastic episodes. I am watching again, right away. Neo of Sporrin - The sign posts pointing to the Red Keep, and Portlandia - The Princess Bride references - the unicorn again - so much awesomeness!

ETA - and the Walking Dead army!

Edited by gatopretoNYC

Loved the "Grease" spoof number and the zombie chorus!  Madelana and Isabella's rap battle was great, as was Gareth's "in love song" and Galavant's afterlife song.

Never liked Roberta and still don't understand what her purpose was other than putting a wedge between Richard and Galavant.

And is it wrong for hoping that Sid dies?  There really was no point to his character this season, yet, for some reason, he stuck around. 

Wonder if next week's finale will be the cast getting eaten by bears?  If it were up to me, it would end like Monty Python and the Holy Grail and they all get arrested and it becomes a musical spoof of Oz and Orange is the New Black.  But that's just how I think.

• Love 2

Zombie Grease, need I say more.

The Royal Rap Battle was great as well. Mallory Jansen and Karen David must've had fun with that one. 

How did this show make me like Madelena and Gareth? Neo of Sporrin as a healer and I'm going to miss the unicorn. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7

"Mister of Sporin".

I love Vinnie Jones. "There's sparkly fizz in my nethers."

"Gareth, you're smiling.  Could you stop it?  I just find it completely unsettling."

Yay, Unicorn makes a return!

"What's a DVR?"

"I don't want your stuff touching mine."

"You couldn't wait thirty more seconds to come back from the dead, huh?"

"When we started this, we said we would never go to war angry." I love Gareth and Maddalena discussing their love through the troops.

"I've been waiting two seasons for this."  Loved the rap off.

"Don't get your bells in a bunch."

Loved the Grease song.

Bobbi running to keep up with the camera was hilarious.

• Love 4

Oh show. Zombie Grease. Neo of Sporin. Everyone feigning ignorance at why Galavant has a hair in his throat. Death singing and dancing. Cat fight song. Dad eating the axe. I love you so much. Please never leave me. Ever.

• Love 11

The Grease song was hilarious! Loved all the zombies flailing around. I hope Roberta comes back for the final fight, along with Sid.

Magdalena is downright creepy with selling her soul to the devil. I'm interested where her character is going, even though I hope that Isabella kicks her ass.

• Love 1

These episodes were hilarious :p 

I especially loved when Gareth told his troops that he loved them... That royal rap battle was so random.

I'm going to miss this show when the season is over.

• Love 5

Ha, I was waiting for a Princess Bride shout out during the first scene so I loved when Sid just came out with it.

I will miss the unicorn now that Richard has been touched by a woman. I love Richard's loyalty to Galavant so I was surprised that he was going to let him stay dead just so he wouldn't have to admit to Bobbi that he was a virgin. Dude, that's your BFF!

The Grease zombie song was awesome, and I love that Isabella has something to do now. Kickass Isabella is back!

I was shipping Madalena and Gareth when she agreed not to do the D'Dew, but I knew it couldn't last. Loved when she was ready to kill the baby and sign in blood so she could give her soul up.

Damn it, Barry! Who sends a save the date for a war? Poor Wormwood.

• Love 5

Well you have to admit a Save the Date invitation for a war is really only the polite thing to do.

It occurs to me part of my love for this show is I can so see scenes of this being routines for a Bob & Ray skit.

• Love 3

I would say a Save the Date invitation for a war is the smart thing to do. You don't want spend all that time preparing your army and marching all the way there to find they had other plans and are not home. 

I loved Wormwood telling Madalena to please step away from the baby because she kind of freaked him out. She is the evil Queen of the story she's living up to her name. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Where are Prince Harry's parents? I mean, he must have them. He's referred to as Prince, not King, and Isabella's dad kept saying Harry's parents will have to pay for the wedding. Yet, they aren't there to stock the armory properly and lead the troops into battle. Also, why would marrying your cousin change who pays for the wedding? (And yes, I know the answer is "We really do expect you to suspend disbelief that far, and besides, how else can we put Izzy in charge?") 

While I hold no hope for a season 3, I would guess Bobbi being preggers would be a feature plot line. 

Edited by majormama
  • Love 2
I will miss the unicorn now that Richard has been touched by a woman. I love Richard's loyalty to Galavant so I was surprised that he was going to let him stay dead just so he wouldn't have to admit to Bobbi that he was a virgin. Dude, that's your BFF!

At least he kissed Galavant before Roberta!

Gareth's song and the zombie Grease number were my favorites, but there really wasn't a bad number or scene in the entire show. My one reservation is that Joshua Sasse had so very little to do in most of either episode. Kicking Death in the nads and trying to sneak with the zombie army tagging along were about the only fun things he got to do.

• Love 4

The entire scene and musical number with Death was brilliant...I've been singing the "Goodbye" song all day....

"Goodbyyyyyyyye....seems as though we just said hiiiiiii...."

"We did."

I had been hoping that there would've been a Discworld shoutout and that Death would be like Terry Pratchett's version.

• Love 3
Kicking Death in the nads and trying to sneak with the zombie army tagging along were about the only fun things he got to do.

True, but both those things were brilliant. I loved when he just gave up trying to get the zombie army to stay behind. And really, who doesn't want to kick death in the nads? haha

Gareths musical number was adorable. Loved the subtitles.

I loved the moment when I realized they were doing a zombified version of Summer Nights. I want to marry this show and have a million of it's babies, none of which will ever be babysat by Madelena. EVER.

This show is just so brilliant. I will sign my soul away in blood...or a quill, to the Devil to get another season.

• Love 7

You know what? Screw OUAT, I want another season of Galavant!

Amen to that. I'm enjoying this show so much more than I've been enjoying Once lately. Unfortunately the ratings have been even worse this year than last, and this episode only got a 0.5 in the 18-49 demo. Ouch.

See? Vinnie Jones can sing. OK maybe he's not a trained singer but he's actually got a pretty nice voice. I loved his little sing-along number. The dream sequence while Galavant was mostly dead was another favorite. Which one was the Grease number? I don't remember it.

Also, I couldn't catch all of what DDew stood for - Dark Dark Evil  . . . what?

• Love 1

Which one was the Grease number? I don't remember it.

Also, I couldn't catch all of what DDew stood for - Dark Dark Evil  . . . what?

Roberta/Richard seeing with the Zombies in Valencia...that was Summer Nights from Grease

DDEW - Dark Dark Evil Way

• Love 2

Any "Galavant" is better than no "Galavant", but I found myself disappointed in these episodes.  Yes, some of the jokes were funny, and I liked the Grease song and the I Don't Like You Rap.  But I think what disappoints me most about this season is that I feel like Joshua Sasse has been relegated to being a supporting player.  Last season he was undoubtedly the lead, he had a number of great songs.  This season I feel like he has barely had any songs (the only memorable one to me is "Maybe You Won't Die Alone"), and even though he's the main character, it really seems like he has been supplanted by Richard and especially Gareth.  Gareth has had more songs than him.  I get that it's supposed to be part of the joke that Vinnie Jones can't sing, but yes, he really is quite awful.  He can't sing at all and his singing makes my ears bleed.  

Galavant is supposed to be the greatest hero in the seven kingdoms, but it's already obvious that it's going to be Richard the One True King who saves the day.  But like I said, any "Galavant" is better than no "Galavant" at all.

• Love 3

I agree. I understand the temptation to let Timothy steal every scene he's in, but series not titled King Richard. I suppose we should be glad "About Last Knight" was Galavant-centric, even if he didn't sing.

• Love 2

I just realized that Death was Mr. Norrell! I love him!

I just realized that Death was Mr. Norrell! I love him!

Thank You.  I don't watch that show but I used Mr. Norrell to Google the actor...I knew him from somewhere, turns out it was Ray Donovan

• Love 2

I think I'm 100% shipping Madalena/Gareth. Oh, and Madalena is the best. She is what Regina of OUAT should have been.

Now that Madalena has learned dark magic, we need a crossover with OUAT so that she and Regina can have a showdown -- with Rumple cheering them both on!

• Love 2

Thank You. I don't watch that show but I used Mr. Norrell to Google the actor...I knew him from somewhere, turns out it was Ray Donovan

It was based on a novel and only planned for one season. But it was wonderful. Smart, creative, funny, snappy dialogue, mystic - but no musical numbers.

• Love 2

Well, these two episodes were a DELIGHT. An absolute treasure. So funny and so ridiculous and so absurd and so preposterous. ohmy. Apple store, Neo of Sporin, Death, smooching, resurrecting, singing, Grease, princess throwdown, and Vinnie singing a Cinderella ballad. Too hilarious. 

Too many things to pick a favorite, but I did snort at Galavant's exasperation with the zombies following him. TEE!

Best episodes of the season by far, in my opinion.

Seconded!

But...I`m not ready for it to be over! 

Please let Tad Cooper end up saving the day, with an assist from the unicorn! 

I never realized it, but I really needed to see Vinnie Jones singing and dancing with little cartoon birds. 

My love for this show could power a zombie army. Or two or three zombie armies. 

All of this ^^^^. When I saw the little cartoon birds I busted right out laughing. I was worried that Neo was going to say he needed the blood of a dragon and Richard would have to sacrifice his buddy!

I want to marry this show and have a million of it's babies, none of which will ever be babysat by Madelena. EVER.

This show is just so brilliant. I will sign my soul away in blood...or a quill, to the Devil to get another season.

I, too, pledge to sign the scroll!

I can't WAIT to see what Chef and Gwynne have been up to!!

ETA: this quote from the recap. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AHHHH! It's the unicorn who only loves virgins! His presences forces Richard to own his sexual inexperience. I didn't know how much I wanted that unicorn to come back, but now I realize it's all I've ever wanted.

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 4