Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Love and Death / S02.E08: Do the D'DEW

I was listening to NPR today and they were talking about how Trump is handled/or handles the media.  At one point, one of the journalists said "When he doesn't say how he is going to do X, no one asks him how he is going to do do that" (well, they made sense when they were speaking).

But they said "do do" and I automatically thought of D'DEW and doo doo.  And laughed maniacally because I am clearly a juvenile boy at heart.

• Love 1

It's going to be a jam-packed (Mmmmmmmm... jam... drool) finale, with all the pieces they've got to do:

1. Let Isabella fight, and not just Madelena.  I want to see her kick some army ass

2. Tad Cooper -- is he or isn't he?

3. Roberta comes to save Richard

4. The Rightful Ruler of the Realm -- will Richard revert once he becomes King again?

5. D'DEW

Uh, you forgot... 6. Reunite Isabella & Galavant.

Replying in the S2.09/S2.10 thread

This is the S2.07/S2.08 thread!

ETA: If they needed a grey hair from the beard of a middle-aged man untouched by woman, there was a whole bar full of them!

Edited by jhlipton

ETA: If they needed a grey hair from the beard of a middle-aged man untouched by woman, there was a whole bar full of them!

Not necessarily.  Some gay men do experiment with women if they're still not 100% sure of their sexuality.  And some of them could have been bisexual (Sir Jean Hamm comes to mind). 

Besides, the clear meaning was "someone who has never had sex, period," not just "someone who has never had sex with a woman."  A gay man who has only had sex with other men would still be a "virgin" under the literal definition you're giving the phrase, which means that the bar would have been packed with unicorns as well as men of every stripe.  But sex is sex regardless of the gender of one's partner, so anyone who has had sex of any kind would not qualify for the constant companionship of a unicorn.

Edited by legaleagle53

Not necessarily.  Some gay men do experiment with women if they're still not 100% sure of their sexuality.  And some of them could have been bisexual (Sir Jean Hamm comes to mind). 

Besides, the clear meaning was "someone who has never had sex, period," not just "someone who has never had sex with a woman."  A gay man who has only had sex with other men would still be a "virgin" under the literal definition you're giving the phrase, which means that the bar would have been packed with unicorns as well as men of every stripe.  But sex is sex regardless of the gender of one's partner, so anyone who has had sex of any kind would not qualify for the constant companionship of a unicorn.

Spells are quite literal (ask McDuff or anyone who's dealt with a djinn) -- "untouched by woman" doesn't mean "hasn't had sex".  So I contend that there would have been quite a few in the bar who meet the criteria.

• Love 1

Spells are quite literal (ask McDuff or anyone who's dealt with a djinn) -- "untouched by woman" doesn't mean "hasn't had sex".  So I contend that there would have been quite a few in the bar who meet the criteria.

Well if we're being really pedantic about literal meanings than we'd need a greying man who has never been touched by a woman in any way...  It's probably best not to overthink this. Otherwise we'd have to wonder why that guy thought it needed a grey hair in the first place as the final ingredient. 

Well if we're being really pedantic about literal meanings than we'd need a greying man who has never been touched by a woman in any way...  It's probably best not to overthink this. Otherwise we'd have to wonder why that guy thought it needed a grey hair in the first place as the final ingredient. 

Well, I think it's fair to say the show WAS being quite literal since Richard hadn't, at that point, had any relations with any woman ever.  Period.  He didn't even kiss Roberta until the start of the next episode.  Not sure if he and Madalena kissed at their wedding, but she was playing the chastity card so it's possible they didn't or, at most, they kissed on the cheek.