Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On 2/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, BBHN said:

Yeah, heard it and the remix. Good songs. Still wouldn't classify her as a great vocalist.

If you listen and compare Madonna's albums pre and post-Evita you'll hear an improvement. The difference? Voice lessons. A condition of her getting the part of Evita was taking them.  Definitely made a difference. As a singer (and a Madonna fan!), I always wish she had done that earlier. I can hear her improper technique on earlier stuff.

• Love 5
On 2/2/2018 at 8:02 PM, BBHN said:

I'd say we're all on the same page.

Her detractors as well...

Yeah, we do enjoy her sense of fun.

Errrrr - NO, to the NO NOES.  Please speak for yourself, because I'm not only not on the same page, I am reading an entirely different book!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Errrrr - NO, to the NO NOES.  Please speak for yourself, because I'm not only not on the same page, I am reading an entirely different book!

Yes to this. I speak for myself alone. No one speaks for me. People may agree or disagree, but I won't assume that my voice is representing others. 

• Love 8

My page comment was a reference to her fans...so it definitely wasn't referencing you at all in any way, shape, or form, unless you're a fan of hers  ;)

Next to Peggy, she may be the most boring ever.

Personally, I find her fun and entertaining. Boring, she definitely isn't...

• Love 3

It's clear Erika's gay fans are her bread and butter. I kind of wish that we could see Erika performing at a Pride festival so that we got a sense of her truly being a supportive ally. On the show, the queer community comes off almost like an afterthought for Erika. I'm not saying it is, but I think she should take steps to make it seem less like her gay fans are a consolation prize. That's if she has any control over her show narrative.

LVP has wisely included the Pride parade in every season of Vanderpump Rules. Is LVP an ally? Probably, but she somehow manages to have the straightest staff in West Hollywood, excluding when Kristen ate out Brittany, Jax probably let John blow him, and when James probably let Logan blow him.

• Love 5
On 2/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, BBHN said:

My page comment was a reference to her fans...so it definitely wasn't referencing you at all in any way, shape, or form, unless you're a fan of hers  ;)

Personally, I find her fun and entertaining. Boring, she definitely isn't...

Me too!

I didn't think much of her on her first season - but I think that is because I didn't like Yolanda.

• Love 5
On February 22, 2018 at 1:04 PM, HunterHunted said:

It's clear Erika's gay fans are her bread and butter. I kind of wish that we could see Erika performing at a Pride festival so that we got a sense of her truly being a supportive ally. On the show, the queer community comes off almost like an afterthought for Erika. I'm not saying it is, but I think she should take steps to make it seem less like her gay fans are a consolation prize. That's if she has any control over her show narrative.

LVP has wisely included the Pride parade in every season of Vanderpump Rules. Is LVP an ally? Probably, but she somehow manages to have the straightest staff in West Hollywood, excluding when Kristen ate out Brittany, Jax probably let John blow him, and when James probably let Logan blow him.

Did Erika perform at a Pride(-analogous) event in Greece or was that just at a nightclub? She has declared that she "breathes love and support for the LGBTQ community" during a performance at the GLAAD media awards. But my question is ... well, how? What initiatives do she support, what practical steps has she taken to involve herself in causes related to the gay community? Besides, you know, only hanging out with queens in lieu of women.

• Love 9

I didn't think much of her on her first season - but I think that is because I didn't like Yolanda.

Yeah, Yolanda kind of dragged down everything around her in her final season.

Did Erika perform at a Pride(-analogous) event in Greece or was that just at a nightclub?

She has performed at Pride events, though I suppose Mykonos in the summer is almost Pride adjacent lol

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/09/19/erika-jayne-headlines-gay-pride-festival-dallas/

http://blurredculture.com/beloved-gay-icon-erika-jayne-slays-l-a-pride-with-amazing-finale-photos/

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Did Erika perform at a Pride(-analogous) event in Greece or was that just at a nightclub? She has declared that she "breathes love and support for the LGBTQ community" during a performance at the GLAAD media awards. But my question is ... well, how? What initiatives do she support, what practical steps has she taken to involve herself in causes related to the gay community? Besides, you know, only hanging out with queens in lieu of women.

She performed at XLSIOR Festival when she performed in Greece which dubs itself a "gay holiday festival".

Edited by biakbiak
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, Yolanda kind of dragged down everything around her in her final season.

She has performed at Pride events, though I suppose Mykonos in the summer is almost Pride adjacent lol

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/09/19/erika-jayne-headlines-gay-pride-festival-dallas/

http://blurredculture.com/beloved-gay-icon-erika-jayne-slays-l-a-pride-with-amazing-finale-photos/

She did LA Gay Pride in 2017.

I know I posted some of her earlier performances at gay pride as well

• Love 2

Did Erika perform at a Pride(-analogous) event in Greece or was that just at a nightclub? She has declared that she "breathes love and support for the LGBTQ community" during a performance at the GLAAD media awards. But my question is ... well, how? What initiatives does she support, what practical steps has she taken to involve herself in causes related to the gay community? Besides, you know, only hanging out with queens in lieu of women.

She was performing at the XLSIOR Mykonos festival, which is a circuit part festival. While some circuit parties have explicit Pride and advocacy components built in, it does not appear that XLSIOR has done that. Found family is a big deal in the LGBTQI community. Erika has been talking a ton about her parents not entirely being supportive of her. This actually could be an opportunity for her to talk about her found family in the community and how she supports it. It's a shame because last season there was a lot of discussion about charity and she missed an opportunity to discuss her support of the gay community.

• Love 4

OMG!!! I have been watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills since its inception and hands down, Erika is my FAVOURITE housewife. She makes me laugh every episode she's in and her outlook on life is realistic and honest. LOVE HER!!

• Love 4
On 2/23/2018 at 7:07 PM, lunastartron said:

I find that Erika's unconditional acceptance of the LGBTQ community is enough for me. I feel unconditional love for all within the community and I do not belong to specific causes, or openly discuss which initiatives I support. Does that make me less accepting or more? I am pleased with any celebrity who is openly non-homophobic. That's good enough for me, Erika has nothing to prove.

• Love 5
On 2/3/2018 at 11:39 AM, KungFuBunny said:

If you want to skip all of the talk before Erika comes on - it starts around the 33 minute mark

Great podcast but the host is horrible for asking Erika questions, then talking over her answers with other question. Like, shut the hell up, buddy.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2018 at 8:44 PM, WireWrap said:

DP has talent, she can sing/carry a tune, she writes lyrics and she writes music, none of which Erika can do. There is no comparison between the two, none.

DP popularity has a lot to do with the fact that she is the first person to make fun of herself. Her self-deprecating humour makes her endearing. As far as I am concerned, Erika displays the same self-deprecating humour; she sees herself as a caricature and she's having fun with it. I don't understand why people demand or expect so much more. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

OMG!!! I have been watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills since its inception and hands down, Erika is my FAVOURITE housewife. She makes me laugh every episode she's in and her outlook on life is realistic and honest. LOVE HER!!

It's great that you are a fan of Erika's. You would be doing her a great service if you would fire off a tweet to her letting her know that Mikey is really not helping her image. She should shop around for a new glam squad leader.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

I find that Erika's unconditional acceptance of the LGBTQ community is enough for me. I feel unconditional love for all within the community and I do not belong to specific causes, or openly discuss which initiatives I support. Does that make me less accepting or more? I am pleased with any celebrity who is openly non-homophobic. That's good enough for me, Erika has nothing to prove.

Good for you. 

Erika is a public figure; when she asserts that she "breathes love and support for the LGBT community," I think it's reasonable to wonder what specifically that support encompasses. Does it refer only to her professional forays, which have established a symbiotic* dynamic with the gay community (sure, she's specifically focused her energies on courting a gay fan base, but that is inherently a strategy for commercial success which benefits her as much as it may also be a deliberate expression of appreciation)? "Breathes love and support" is a statement that positions it as a mainstay and pretty central to her existence. 

How do you/we know her acceptance of the LGBTQ population is unconditional? She says she only hangs out with queens. 

*Which is a question and concern that applies to LVP as well. In certain capacities, she has enjoyed the windfalls of capitalizing on the LGBT market. 

12 hours ago, Chalby said:

Yes, Erika is a pioneering shock artist who had it hard as a single mom and was victimized by PK and Dorit maligning her sexual virtue to associates of Tom. And she also owns a jet.

I actually have found her more enjoyable this year than in ones past. I also think she has demonstrated herself capable of impeccable manners on occasion. 

But she's had a self-mythologizing and convenient relationship with the truth from my view ever since she debuted and shortly thereafter denied playing runtelldat  on Yolanda's behalf. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 10

Same here. Much as with LVP, I don't see the need for her to produce receipts for her support, or the reasons behind it. I'm just glad she does what she does.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Me three!

• Love 5

I enjoy her more this season, and I wonder if there’s a “perfect storm” thing happening—she’s not attached to Yolanda; Eileen isn’t fangirling her; and she’s loosening up a bit. She seems to be finding her place. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I can’t tell if Brian is more smitten with himself or Erika for allowing him to be her co-author. Calamari Watson? Um...ok, but if they do a children’s book, let’s just say I’m not buying either book. 

Erika got a new pet Octopus and named it Calamari Watson

She appeared on Animal Planet's "Tanked"

Very very short preview video at the bottom of this link

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/erika-girardi-pet-octopus-home-fish-tank-pics

As far as her book Pretty Mess - I think she'll do okay. She'll be able to sell them off her site and at places she performs.

There are books that totally bombed a la Class With the Countess and Caroline Manzo's Put Your Big Girl Panties On.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@KungFuBunny I thought the one in the clip she had bought at a florist. Her second octopus. That the original CW was in her home, so she called this one the office CW. 

I think the real octopus is Calamari Watson. Did you go to the bottom of the link I posted? 2 guys from Animal Planet's "Tanked" build her a new bookshelf like Aquarium - they show Calamari Watson swimming.

The stuffed toy she saw at a store and wanted it because she had her new pet octopus at home.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Erika got a new pet Octopus and named it Calamari Watson

She appeared on Animal Planet's "Tanked"

Very very short preview video at the bottom of this link

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/erika-girardi-pet-octopus-home-fish-tank-pics

As far as her book Pretty Mess - I think she'll do okay. She'll be able to sell them off her site and at places she performs.

There are books that totally bombed a la Class With the Countess and Caroline Manzo's Put Your Big Girl Panties On.

I assume it’s dead by now. 

• Love 3

Calamari Watson in that still shot above looks like Bullwinkle Moose with a hat on! 

Lets hope it’s still alive. Around where I live there are aquarium people who come test the water and clean the tank weekly. Let’s hope she has one of those services. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I guess this is what readers of her manifesto have to look forward to? 

image.png:

...."so then I moved to Beverly Hills, became a cocktail waitress, met Tom, met his private jets, married, met Erika Jayne, Mikey happened, Housewives, wrapped in cash,  Dancing with the Stars....and here we are, with all of the women wanting to be Erika Jayne". 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

...."so then I moved to Beverly Hills, became a cocktail waitress, met Tom, met his private jets, married, met Erika Jayne, Mikey happened, Housewives, wrapped in cash,  Dancing with the Stars....and here we are, with all of the women wanting to be Erika Jayne". 

I can't imagine how much more there is to her story. With that summary, I don't even have to bother reading the Amazon summary.

Now if you've never read Brian's interview with Luann, you should. That broad lead one crazy ass life.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/countess-luann-real-housewives-bethenny-berlusconi.html

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

Kathryn Edwards just noted on Twitter that Erika went without underwear during season six as well: 

"Cuz she was given a pass by EVERYONE on her language, lack of underwear (yes, even back then) & lack of respect 2 all, including crew. She spends a ton of $, that goes far. She sure cleaned up her mouth after her first season. Has she called anyone an F’in C___ again?Not my fav"

• Love 12
3 hours ago, BBHN said:

Which we already knew, no?

Did we? Pantygate was season 7. Season 6 was Kathryn Edwards vs Faye Resnick, LVP vs Eileen: round 200, LVP is a sniper from the side, Munchie-hausens, and Erika "c***, c***, c***, c***, c***"* Jayne.

*Her prolific use of the word bothered Rinna and Camille.

• Love 11