Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BBHN said:

It's perfectly normal to forgive, but not forget.

She hasn't forgiven her though.  She keeps saying that she hasn't in her talking head.  That's the problem.  She just needs to admit to Dorit's face that she's still mad and isn't going to be able to get over it any time soon.  That's cool if she feels that way. I'm not sure I would be mad at a drunk for acting drunk, but I believe that Camille really is genuinely upset.  She needs to just admit it, instead of trying to punish Dorit and make fun of her.  (Which is exactly what LVP keeps doing, as well.)

• Love 3

She needs to just admit it, instead of trying to punish Dorit and make fun of her.  (Which is exactly what LVP keeps doing, as well.)

Nah, I'm cool with both Camille and LVP doing what they are doing.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sadiebyuca said:

She hasn't forgiven her though.  She keeps saying that she hasn't in her talking head.  That's the problem.  She just needs to admit to Dorit's face that she's still mad and isn't going to be able to get over it any time soon.  That's cool if she feels that way. I'm not sure I would be mad at a drunk for acting drunk, but I believe that Camille really is genuinely upset.  She needs to just admit it, instead of trying to punish Dorit and make fun of her.  (Which is exactly what LVP keeps doing, as well.)

Erika was steaming mad at Dorit, Erika blasted Dorit and PK, then Erika decided there must be something else to Dorit.  Other contributed to Pantygate being the driving story for the season.  In Camille's case no one is supporting Camille's continuing war against Dorit.  Camille tried to shift it to Dorit having a big mouth by revealing what others were saying about Erika.  Erika is not angry with Dorit for revealing-so Camille going after Dorit just doesn't seem to impress Erika.  Camille accused Dorit of trying to buy Erika's friendship by revealing what others were saying about her.

I don't think LVP would have landed with both feet on Dorit had Kyle not exaggerated what Dorit said and thrown a temper tantrum about LVP not taking Dorit to task.  Funny how things work-LVP going after Dorit, while high pleasing to Camille and Teddi, seem to draw out negative responses in Talking Heads from both Kyle (what a hypocrite) and Erika.  Erika has stayed pretty true to her skepticism about  LVP.  She has pretty much commented on LVP being competitive and that is why Erika went out on a limb and opened up to Dorit about "needing" LVP's attention.  

Erika doesn't seem to have a problem with being candid with Dorit or Rinna.  Maybe it is because she accepts them for speaking their mind.  I don't think Erika is all in with Camille and Camille and her shiftiness is showing.  Erika is keeping track.  Had Teddi and Camille not run and told Kyle, in a not so straightforward fashion about Dorit, on request, talking about the beach house there would have been no huge blow up in NYC.

• Love 2

Excerpts from her book, including a detailed explanation of her child custody situation:  http://www.etonline.com/erika-jaynes-pretty-mess-7-revelations-from-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-stars-memoir-98638

Erika was only 20 years old when she welcomed her son, also named Tom, into the world with then-husband Thomas ‘Tommy’ Zizzo (Yes, there are three Toms in her life). She and Tommy split when little Tom was only about 18 months old, and Erika moved back in with her mother. Single mom life in the city proved to be stressful for Erika, so she decided to move to Los Angeles -- but leave her son back in New York.

“I was always very responsible with our son and put his needs first,” she writes. “Putting my son first was what moving was all about. If I was going to take care of him and provide the future for him that I wanted, I knew that I had to get away and find a better life and a more sustainable existence for myself.”

Erika’s son spent summers, spring break and alternate Christmases and Thanksgivings with her in California, and the school year in New York, a choice she let him make for himself when he was six years old. But Erika made sure never to miss an important moment in his life.

“I would fly back to New York every seven to ten days,” she notes. “Even though his school was back east, I was at every teacher conference, school play, graduation and any other event I thought I should attend.”

Whoa, major frequent flyer miles.

• Love 6
On 18/03/2018 at 10:28 PM, Higgins said:

If she was so bored with her wealthy life, why not bring her son out to raise him or go back and raise him? 

And risk the gilded cage existence with an actual uncontrollable normal child? 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Excerpts from her book, including a detailed explanation of her child custody situation:  http://www.etonline.com/erika-jaynes-pretty-mess-7-revelations-from-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-stars-memoir-98638

Erika was only 20 years old when she welcomed her son, also named Tom, into the world with then-husband Thomas ‘Tommy’ Zizzo (Yes, there are three Toms in her life). She and Tommy split when little Tom was only about 18 months old, and Erika moved back in with her mother. Single mom life in the city proved to be stressful for Erika, so she decided to move to Los Angeles -- but leave her son back in New York.

“I was always very responsible with our son and put his needs first,” she writes. “Putting my son first was what moving was all about. If I was going to take care of him and provide the future for him that I wanted, I knew that I had to get away and find a better life and a more sustainable existence for myself.”

Erika’s son spent summers, spring break and alternate Christmases and Thanksgivings with her in California, and the school year in New York, a choice she let him make for himself when he was six years old. But Erika made sure never to miss an important moment in his life.

“I would fly back to New York every seven to ten days,” she notes. “Even though his school was back east, I was at every teacher conference, school play, graduation and any other event I thought I should attend.”

Whoa, major frequent flyer miles.

Hey, that's better than some parents that I work with who actually supposedly "live" with their kid. Just because you aren't physically living with them doesn't mean you are an uninvolved parent. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Hey, that's better than some parents that I work with who actually supposedly "live" with their kid. Just because you aren't physically living with them doesn't mean you are an uninvolved parent. 

But that isn't really being a single mom.  I spent every other weekend, weeks at a time in the summer, and alternate holidays at my dad's house and I had a room there stocked with clothes and toys and whatever else I needed.  But I didn't live with him.  I lived with my mom who was a single mom.  She took care of my daily needs.  She juggled my schedule and working.  She took care of me when I was sick.  Etc.  I think Erika would have far less trouble if she stopped trying to identify as a single mom on the show unless, I guess, she's just referring to the few short months she actually had her kid before moving to LA.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I find it quite ironic that we were treated to Erika's stories of being forced to grow up too soon with accompanying anecdotes that didn't seem to support her argument when she actually forced her 6 year old to make a decision that was far too mature for him.

I still waffle about a decision I made almost 30 years ago to not skip a grade. For the most part, I agree with the decision that I made then. I was already the youngest kid by a lot in my current class. The grade I would have been skipping was one where kids start maturing emotionally and would have put me a solid 18 months or more younger than my new peers. I ultimately decided not to skip and I was barely into my double digit age range. My decision was only about skipping a grade in school and I was much older than Little Tommy.

Erika put this decision on her 6 year old. I know she thinks this is empowering, but it's not. It's one thing if she and Big Tommy talked with Little Tommy about the logic of why Little Tommy should stay in New York with his dad. It's another if they truly let a 6 year old make the binding decision of where he wanted to live. Really Erika? It's a statement too ludicrous to put into print if exaggerated and too negligent if true.

• Love 22

Yup.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I guess technically she was single and she was a mom and maybe that's what she meant.  I just don't want to ever accuse her of pretending or lying.

She wasnt even single for most of his life, she married Tom when he was five or six.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's a statement too ludicrous to put into print if exaggerated and too negligent if true.

So well said.

She's at odds with every part of her (public) life story -- forced to grow up too soon, forced her son to make a too-adult choice in the name of his right to self determination...and then married a man who controls all her choices. 

And in her world, "single mom"  means "married to a stinking rich man who provides everything while my kid lives on the other coast with his birth father" which I'd -- daringly! -- suggest is not the standard definition.

I  just don't want to ever accuse her of pretending or lying.

erika.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, film noire said:

So well said.

She's at odds with every part of her (public) life story  -- forced to grow up too son,  forced her son to make a too-adult choice in the name of his right to self determination....and then married a man who controls all her choices.  (And in her world, "single mom"  means "married to a stinking rich man who provides everything while my kid lives on the other coast with his birth father" which I'd -- daringly! -- suggest is not the standard definition.)

erika.jpg

DON'T YOU EVERRRRRRRRRR! 

EVERRRRRRRRR!

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She wasnt even single for most of his life, she married Tom when he was five or six.

Thanks for that nugget.  So all her "I was there for him because I flew back every 7-10 days" was (if it's true at all, doesn't that conflict with the "I was always at my husband's side" story?) SOLELY because she married money.  Wonder how often she saw the child before then?  She doesn't mention how old her son was when she moved to CA.

My first reaction to the entire story of her devoted single parenthood from 3,000 miles away was "revisionist history."  As others have said, it was inappropriate to have a 6 year old determine his visitation schedule (assuming he did).  Unless the ex-husband rolled over for whatever she wanted, I'm a bit surprised that a non-custodial parent who voluntarily moved across country suddenly received visitation of ALL summer EVERY summer, and EVERY spring break.  That doesn't give the custodial parent much time when the child is out of school.  And at some point you'd think the kid would want to do summer sports with his school friends, etc.

“Putting my son first was what moving was all about. If I was going to take care of him and provide the future for him that I wanted, I knew that I had to get away and find a better life and a more sustainable existence for myself.”

Oh honey, STOP.  You moved across the country because you wanted to, and maybe somewhere in that decision you cared that someone else was available to raise your child.  You could have had a "more sustainable existence" on the east coast as a secretary or a factory worker, it's not like there are no jobs on the east coast.  Heck, there are even acting/singing jobs there.  And you never provided him with a future, because you NEVER moved him out to live with you when he was a child. 

Single mom life in the city proved to be stressful for Erika, so she decided to move to Los Angeles -- but leave her son back in New York.

Seriously, FUCK OFF!  Being a single mom was too "stressful?"  And how is moving to a new city less stressful?  Oh yeah, you dumped off responsibility for your child, right.

• Love 21

Question: Can someone please clarify Erika's comments about not reading the RHBH contract? Was it Tom that said they didn't need to read it, or did he read it and ok it and tell tell Erika she didn't need to read it because he already had?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Single mom life in the city proved to be stressful for Erika, so she decided to move to Los Angeles -- but leave her son back in New York.

As ACTUAL single mother of two children, this is repulsive. There are a lot of things I like about Erika, but she's never been a single mother and I find the rest of the parenting story quite difficult to believe. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Seriously, FUCK OFF!  Being a single mom was too "stressful?"  And how is moving to a new city less stressful?  Oh yeah, you dumped off responsibility for your child, right.

I wonder how single fatherhood in the greater New York metropolitan area was for Big Tommy? If she had simply said something like "my ex made more money and had the more stable job; it made more sense for him to be the primary caretaker of our son," people wouldn't give her nearly as much grief about this issue. But putting weird statements out there that being a single parent in NYC was too stressful, only for her to leave her son to be raised by a single parent in NYC, undercuts her argument. Presumbably her ex would have been subject to these same stressors. She needs to stop making these statements. They only make her look like an asshole.

Edited by HunterHunted
commas
  • Love 23
On 3/20/2018 at 2:52 PM, Kokapetl said:

And risk the gilded cage existence with an actual uncontrollable normal child? 

I do know that it appears Erika attended more school events and holidays with her son that many non-custodial fathers/mothers do in everyday life. The fact that she and Tom came up with a schedule that works for all three of them should be commended. This is the present 'look' of divorced families as not all mothers automatically receive full custody.

On 3/7/2018 at 1:19 AM, biakbiak said:

When one of the woman called another woman a c*** on the RHoSydney reunion all the woman were taken aback by it and didnt appear it react like it was a normal thing to call a woman even in Australia.

It's crude. I would never find that amusing, no matter how much I cared for my friend.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Question: Can someone please clarify Erika's comments about not reading the RHBH contract? Was it Tom that said they didn't need to read it, or did he read it and ok it and tell tell Erika she didn't need to read it because he already had?

Erika's husband essentially told her it was a gift (the contract the offer to be on the show).  In other words she wasn't in a position to negotiate.  Erika said she was about ready to scrap Erika Jayne before RH came along.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I do know that it appears Erika attended more school events and holidays with her son that many non-custodial fathers/mothers do in everyday life. The fact that she and Tom came up with a schedule that works for all three of them should be commended. This is the present 'look' of divorced families as not all mothers automatically receive full custody.

It's crude. I would never find that amusing, no matter how much I cared for my friend.

I really don't think many people would give as big of a fuck if she didn't insist on claiming to be a single mother.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, Higgins said:

That's empowering. Women are the future.

Yes, this is my other issue with her. I'm all for women supporting women, but I'm not entirely sure what is so inspiring about a woman who was stressed raising her child so she moved to LA and married a rich old guy. I have no issue with her marriage to Tom - it seems to work for them. But, what's inspirational about it to young women? As someone above said, I'd even prefer my daughters look up to a Rinna who is annoying but works her ass off to get what she has. For herself. An LVP, a Bethenny - they aren't perfect, but they've worked very hard to build things for themselves. I'm completely unclear as to what Erika has DONE in her life other than marry Tom which then allowed her to play dress up and launch a vanity project.

• Love 21

Erika on WWHL was even more of her usual self.  When confronted with a poll that showed most viewers sided with Teddi, she said "I side with me!" and went on to state the same in another situation.  This woman is so in love with herself and the "image" that she thinks she's putting forth that she doesn't realize how ridiculous a middle-aged woman dressed up as a 20-something young woman looks.  

• Love 13

So I made it to Target in the blizzard today, because I wanted a frozen pizza.  But I did a full round of the store, and stopped in the book department to peruse Erika's book.  Normal-to-thin sized hardcover, with very large spacing and font size.  The small section I read was her waitressing in Chasen's (I believe) - a restaurant in which Tom was an investor.  He would come in regularly, looking much like he does now, only 20 years younger - the thing that struck her were his sparkly blue eyes, and they way he always treated everyone, from busboy to celebrity, with equal grace.  She knew him for a while before she found out he was divorced, at which point she slipped him a napkin with her phone number.  The next day his secretary called her to set up a dinner date, but Erika informed HER that if he wanted to date her he had to call her himself and ask her out and give her enough time to prepare.  (Yes it said that - I found it odd.). So the next day he called her himself and made a date which she accepted, and she wore such and thus of an outfit (she likes to say what she was wearing throughout the book, I noticed, complete with designer name dropping, and liberal use of fucks and shits) and he took her to a little Italian place.  This was before she knew he was allergic to garlic, and that he eats Italian or steak exclusively.  (Yes that bizarro fact stuck with me too.)  She then informs the reader that this is how she is --  men with money may be used to getting their demands acceded to, but not by her!  At that point I went on my way to look for Easter specials and the aforementioned snowy-day pizza.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Erika on WWHL was even more of her usual self.  When confronted with a poll that showed most viewers sided with Teddi, she said "I side with me!" and went on to state the same in another situation.  This woman is so in love with herself

Every bit of media about women right now is that we should love ourselves though isn't it? Should she fall apart because a bunch of hypocritical strangers who fantasize about 50 Shades of Grey and Pretty Woman crucify her? I get that she's not everyone's cup of tea but just say that and move on. 

Does anyone know the dollar amount for the licensing agreement with the Kardashians? I wish all the Housewives took advantage of their time on the show like this--looking at you Sheree.

Edited by Drumpf1737
edited because clarity is key
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Should she fall apart because a bunch of hypocritical strangers who fantasize 50 Shades of Grey and Pretty Woman scenarios crucify her?

Whut?!?!?

I don't recall anyone here specifically putting that on her. And I sure as shit have never idealized either intellectual property. 

Additionally, I shouldn't be expected to bend over backwards for a woman who by her own admission has no female friends. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Every bit of media about women right now is that we should love ourselves though isn't it? Should she fall apart because a bunch of hypocritical strangers who fantasize about 50 Shades of Grey and Pretty Woman crucify her? I get that she's not everyone's cup of tea but just say that and move on. 

Does anyone know the dollar amount for the licensing agreement with the Kardashians? I wish all the Housewives took advantage of their time on the show like this--looking at you Sheree.

The media can kiss my ass. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

'I have to be true to myself and I don't regret anything I've done,' she said about her quote on quote 'aggressive' actions towards Teddi on season eight of the reality show. 

Feel free to roll your eyes at this statement from the Daily Mail article; I’ll be over here grimacing at the Daily Mail’s apparent lack of a copy editor or even a decent writer...

• Love 12
On 3/18/2018 at 6:52 PM, sadiebyuca said:

Boring Camille will never let it go.  It's her only storyline this season.  She doesn't get engaged until after filming stopped.

Dorit humiliated Camille in front of her new boyfriend and joked about her being a man after her hysterectomy. It's not that Dorit called Camille a c***,  and isn't that rich coming from Dorit? It's the other shit. I don't care that Dorit was obviously drunk when she said it.  That was cruel.  If there's a c u next Tuesday in the cast, it's Dorit. 

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Dorit humiliated Camille in front of her new boyfriend and joked about her being a man after her hysterectomy. It's not that Dorit called Camille a c***,  and isn't that rich coming from Dorit? It's the other shit. I don't care that Dorit was obviously drunk when she said it.  That was cruel.  If there's a c u next Tuesday in the cast, it's Dorit. 

Yep.  Even the embarrassing her in front of her new boyfriend thing - I'm sure Camille told him he was walking into a firing zone where anything could happen, but the calling her a man about the hysterectomy?  I'd hold a long grudge on something like that.  Team Camille on this fight!

• Love 12

I've never understood Erika.  If I were in a "wealthy coma," I think the last thing I would do is become a caricature of a "sexy" woman.  I think I would pursue a degree (she doesn't have one, does she?) or devote my time to a worthy cause.  Or raise my child.....

• Love 18
On 3/21/2018 at 12:25 PM, film noire said:

So well said.

She's at odds with every part of her (public) life story -- forced to grow up too soon, forced her son to make a too-adult choice in the name of his right to self determination...and then married a man who controls all her choices. 

And in her world, "single mom"  means "married to a stinking rich man who provides everything while my kid lives on the other coast with his birth father" which I'd -- daringly! -- suggest is not the standard definition.

erika.jpg

She looks like Mommy Dearest in this picture. Heavy eyebrows and all. Erika looks pretty at times but in the closeups her eyes lack warmth. I will give Erika credit for not over-plumping her lips. Her trashy look is quite classy. Now, about that vanity project book. 

Parents make difficult decisions to leave their children behind for all sorts of reasons. Erika justifies it by claiming that she made monthly trips from California to New York. That is expensive. Why not spend the money on raising her son by her side? I think that her mother didn't like her lifestyle and forbade Erica from taking her child or her mother was watching little Tom all of the time anyway so why not leave him. Then, it got too convenient for Erika. Erika's problem is that she failed to pick up her son as soon as she was able to take care of him.

I just hate it when parents leave young children to make adult decisions. The question is usually worded to allow the adults to get what they want. "You want to stay with grandma and your friends, don't you?" Then, child is then blamed for the outcome. Explaining something away doesn't make it okay.

• Love 8

Erika was on Jenny McCarthy and revealed the producers left a fairly crucial part of Teddi's accusation towards Erika out of the scene.  According to Erika it wasn't just "pretend amnesia".  I would like for the producers to just once not work over time on shading the narrative.

More to the Story: Some viewers were left questioning Erika's severe outburst at Teddi earlier in the season. According to Erika, however, there was more to the story. "At the table with Teddi, she said you have pretend amnesia and you're a flip-flopper. You didn't hear the word flip-flopper did you? Perhaps that's why you see why I was a little bit more angry than what you saw," she explained. "I'm not aggressive. If that's aggressive, that's a one sentence in New York City. That is nothing on Atlanta. But here, I'm aggressive? No babe, no."

Last year before they went to Hong Kong, they had the obligatory pre-trip set up for apologies to LVP at Kyle's store.  Lisa Rinna wasn't there and LVP was so wanting for there to be an opportunity for Eileen and she "to clear the air" and was holding the Hong Kong invites over the others' heads.  Erika took it upon herself to "invite" Eileen and apparently Eden was included as well.  I appreciated Erika got the obligatory apology out of the way, as we all know, the trip is pretty much a given-except the year Carlton was not included.  Teddi saying she was looking forward to going with her "friends", Kyle and LVP.  If history repeats itself, Joyce's only friends were Kyle and LVP and she didn't get asked back.  At this point Teddi had only known LVP and Kyle for three months.  Teddi better pray there isn't another riff between Kyle and LVP.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika was on Jenny McCarthy and revealed the producers left a fairly crucial part of Teddi's accusation towards Erika out of the scene.  According to Erika it wasn't just "pretend amnesia".  I would like for the producers to just once not work over time on shading the narrative.

More to the Story: Some viewers were left questioning Erika's severe outburst at Teddi earlier in the season. According to Erika, however, there was more to the story. "At the table with Teddi, she said you have pretend amnesia and you're a flip-flopper. You didn't hear the word flip-flopper did you? Perhaps that's why you see why I was a little bit more angry than what you saw," she explained. "I'm not aggressive. If that's aggressive, that's a one sentence in New York City. That is nothing on Atlanta. But here, I'm aggressive? No babe, no."

Last year before they went to Hong Kong, they had the obligatory pre-trip set up for apologies to LVP at Kyle's store.  Lisa Rinna wasn't there and LVP was so wanting for there to be an opportunity for Eileen and she "to clear the air" and was holding the Hong Kong invites over the others' heads.  Erika took it upon herself to "invite" Eileen and apparently Eden was included as well.  I appreciated Erika got the obligatory apology out of the way, as we all know, the trip is pretty much a given-except the year Carlton was not included.  Teddi saying she was looking forward to going with her "friends", Kyle and LVP.  If history repeats itself, Joyce's only friends were Kyle and LVP and she didn't get asked back.  At this point Teddi had only known LVP and Kyle for three months.  Teddi better pray there isn't another riff between Kyle and LVP.

Erika’s latest denial. Plus, the way she answers - “I’m aggressive? No babe, no” - shows more assholery.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

She looks like Mommy Dearest in this picture. Heavy eyebrows and all. Erika looks pretty at times but in the closeups her eyes lack warmth. I will give Erika credit for not over-plumping her lips. Her trashy look is quite classy. Now, about that vanity project book. 

Parents make difficult decisions to leave their children behind for all sorts of reasons. Erika justifies it by claiming that she made monthly trips from California to New York. That is expensive. Why not spend the money on raising her son by her side? I think that her mother didn't like her lifestyle and forbade Erica from taking her child or her mother was watching little Tom all of the time anyway so why not leave him. Then, it got too convenient for Erika. Erika's problem is that she failed to pick up her son as soon as she was able to take care of him.

I just hate it when parents leave young children to make adult decisions. The question is usually worded to allow the adults to get what they want. "You want to stay with grandma and your friends, don't you?" Then, child is then blamed for the outcome. Explaining something away doesn't make it okay.

Erika left her son back in NY with his dad, her ex husband, not her mother and I call BS on her claim of going back once a month, she was a waitress, so I doubt she could afford to fly home once a year let alone once a month. 

• Love 15

Yep.  Even the embarrassing her in front of her new boyfriend thing - I'm sure Camille told him he was walking into a firing zone where anything could happen, but the calling her a man about the hysterectomy?  I'd hold a long grudge on something like that.  Team Camille on this fight!

I think it was definitely the use of the C word plus all of the other things that were said.

• Love 2
On 3/5/2018 at 8:25 PM, film noire said:

Ha!  ("Why pay more, honey?  Muffkins can handle wine spills AND effluvia!  And at half the cost of Cuntkins!")

And don't forget about Pad the Puss, for those "heavier-show" days.  Available in FlashBack and FlashForward sizes.

• Love 8