Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On 12/24/2017 at 2:34 AM, film noire said:

WTF is up with this  "Henry Tudor's Seventh Wife: Methinks I'm Hawt" look? 

I agree. I also think the Jayne persona lacks all joy - her schtick is calculated and measured and dry-as-sand.  She's no happy (public) vulgarian, glorying in boundary-breaking (frex Mae West) she's a sad little mouse of a thing desperate for attention. And her "act" lacks any mental energy (which this kind of performance needs, imo,  to not feel like a late afternoon shift at Scores). She's all tit, no wit. 

I am sorry but with that ugly pink eye shadow she looks like she has a really bad case of pink eye

• Love 4

IKR? I was expecting EG-J to pull out all the stops with costumes, dancers, etc. That was about as tame and lame as you could get from her. Thumbs down!

(I'm assuming the man won? Anybody know for certain?)

• Love 5

I think that since it was a tribute to Christina Aguilera and she was present that there was likely not a lot of leeway in the performance either because Erika was considering that or because the show put limits on it to respect or guarantee Agilera's participation in the episode.

I turned it off when it became clear they wouldn't be doing an encore of Stephen Merchant's "Dirty"

• Love 4

I think that since it was a tribute to Christina Aguilera and she was present that there was likely not a lot of leeway in the performance either because Erika was considering that or because the show put limits on it to respect or guarantee Agilera's participation in the episode.

That makes sense.

• Love 3

For the most part I was let down by Erikas perfromance but I still think she should've won. Taye Diggs did nothing special short of dressing up in "drag". But Fighter is not a song that you just perform regularly, that should've been the show stopper. She should've gone all out for that one.

• Love 1
On 1/8/2018 at 3:58 PM, Mindthinkr said:

She wasn't funded until now (Tom). 

Underneath all her public persona, especially Erika Jayne, lies a lonely insecure woman. She really needs a lot of maintenance attention. What is she going to do to get it when her baby doll act gets too old? 

It never got old for Dolly Parton...just one example

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

It never got old for Dolly Parton...just one example

DP has talent, she can sing/carry a tune, she writes lyrics and she writes music, none of which Erika can do. There is no comparison between the two, none.

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

DP has talent, she can sing/carry a tune, she writes lyrics and she writes music, none of which Erika can do. There is no comparison between the two, none.

I'll pick door number two - CHER. (before she got acting roles later in life)

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I'll pick door number two - CHER. (before she got acting roles later in life)

Cher also has talent, she has a great voice. Erika can carry a tune as long as she has some, well,  help. Her main claim to semi musical fame is her camp and it is directed to a very limited audience, which is why her songs don't make the main music chart. I'm not sure that there is anyone, singer, that she really compares to which is why she refers to herself as a "performer" and not a singer. LOL

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I turned it off when it became clear they wouldn't be doing an encore of Stephen Merchant's "Dirty"

Yea, and at the end of the day, she was on a stage performing for Christina Aguilera, who was pumping her fist in the air, seeming to love the whole deal. That has got to be a dream come true for Erika. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Cher also has talent, she has a great voice. Erika can carry a tune as long as she has some, well,  help. Her main claim to semi musical fame is her camp and it is directed to a very limited audience, which is why her songs don't make the main music chart. I'm not sure that there is anyone, singer, that she really compares to which is why she refers to herself as a "performer" and not a singer. LOL

Okay,I'll pick my last door...door number three...Madonna. Great "performer". 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Madonna, like DP/Cher, is both. She also has a beautiful voice and writes lyrics and or music. Most singers "perform", especially now days, meaning that they do an act on stage while they sing but not all "performers" can really sing without autotune/write songs. I will say this though, Erika is the best, vocally, of all the HWs that have recorded songs, by far the best, and requires the least amount of vocal enhancement. LOL

24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Madonna, like DP/Cher, is both. She also has a beautiful voice and writes lyrics and or music. Most singers "perform", especially now days, meaning that they do an act on stage while they sing but not all "performers" can really sing without autotune/write songs. I will say this though, Erika is the best, vocally, of all the HWs that have recorded songs, by far the best, and requires the least amount of vocal enhancement. LOL

Billy Joel AND Elton John would disagree.  You could add J-Lo and a few others to that list.... Excellent performers with limited vocal range.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, jaync said:

Comparing Erika to Dolly, Cher or Madonna is like comparing pat the puss to the moonwalk. 

LOL

12 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think even Erika would laugh at herself being put in the same league as Dolly, Cher, and Madonna.  

I will give her that -- she's got her hand on her puss, not her DSL lips up her own ass : )

@KungFuBunny - If you copy the link from the Insta post,  that usually works:

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

I think even Erika would laugh at herself being put in the same league as Dolly, Cher, and Madonna.  Say what you will about her, but she's not delusional.

I think like most people, she would be flattered if she were.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

Weird it didn't work the first few times I tried it but now it does...Thanks!

You're welcome :)  Sometimes the image disappears (people mentioned that in Luann's thread about stuff I linked) but maybe the recent upgrade will end that.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

5 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Billy Joel AND Elton John would disagree.  You could add J-Lo and a few others to that list.... Excellent performers with limited vocal range.

5 hours ago, BBHN said:

I don't know if I'd say Madonna has a beautiful voice. She does sound pleasant and knows how to use her voice, but a great vocalist she ain't.

I don't think Madonna has a particularly beautiful or strong voice. She's pretty vocally limited. Although, dance talent wise she probably surpasses Erika because Madonna got a scholarship for the University of Michigan dance program. What Madonna has all over Erika is hard work, ambition, and style (specifically the ability to impressed enough with others to allow them to influence her in some way). Erika has completely allowed Mikey to dictate her style because it's kind of clear there is nothing really there motivating her style choices. Also Madonna would never have sat around until the rich dick she was hooked up with finally decided it was cool for her to have a career. I'm trying to think of who Erika is comparable to. Erika is Carlos Leon. Madonna is comparable to Tom. Erika is this Carlos Leon of their relationship.

• Love 9

Erika is Carlos Leon. Madonna is comparable to Tom. Erika is this Carlos Leon of their relationship.

I don't really see that. At all. But, mileage varies and all that.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Erika is Carlos Leon. Madonna is comparable to Tom. Erika is this Carlos Leon of their relationship.

12 hours ago, BBHN said:

I don't really see that. At all. But, mileage varies and all that.

Is Madonna known for her great voice? Or being the greatest dancer? Or being an amazing lyricist? No, but she's smart, ambitious, and hardworking. These are traits that have led her to great success. Tom isn't the greatest legal mind of his generation. Nor is he thought to be a silver tongued litigator without compare. He's hardworking and successful.

Carlos wasn't doing anything of real note before Madonna. Carlos Leon was a trainer of no real note and a wannabe actor when he hooked up with Madonna. Afterwards, he's been able to carve out a decent little acting career and raise his profile as a trainer. I don't know if it's because of his raised profile from being with Madonna, any maintenance or child support money she's given him that have allowed him to pursue acting, use of Madonna's connections, or if she's called in some favors, but his acting career took off after they got together. Except for how Erika had to wait a decade, Erika had a pretty unremarkable career before Tom too. 

Both relationships come across as highly transactional.

Edited by HunterHunted
articles really need to match
  • Love 8
On 01/02/2018 at 12:35 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Fuck. Did she buy 50 hats total? Mom is the only family member who even cares. Embroidered hats aren’t exactly hard to come by either. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

I think Erika is far more realistic about her career, how she got there and how it she keeps it going than a lot of her fans.  Most people have never heard of Erika Jayne and her eight number one hits until RHOBH.  She takes pretty much anything that comes down the pike and seems to have developed a sense a humor about her persona and humble beginnings.  Now if her fans could just get a grip.

I was watching CBS Sunday Morning this week and they did a segment on Marilyn Maye.  I thought how great she is still performing at 90 years old and she can really sing-not Erika Jayne sing but sing.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marilyn-maye-proudly-old-school/  I think as long as Erika enjoys entertaining she will have an audience.  Oh and Marilyn Maye was on the "Tonight Show with Johnny Carson", over 70 times.

• Love 5

I think Erika is far more realistic about her career, how she got there and how it she keeps it going than a lot of her fans. 

I'd say we're all on the same page.

Now if her fans could just get a grip.

Her detractors as well...

I think as long as Erika enjoys entertaining she will have an audience.

Yeah, we do enjoy her sense of fun.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, BBHN said:

I don't know if I'd say Madonna has a beautiful voice. She does sound pleasant and knows how to use her voice, but a great vocalist she ain't.

have you heard "Love don't Live Here Anymore"  (which is apparently a cover song, I just found that out!) from her Like a Virgin album?  She sounds amazing on that!

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, KungFuBunny said:

If you want to skip all of the talk before Erika comes on - it starts around the 33 minute mark

I love me some Rappaport!!!

• Love 2

have you heard "Love don't Live Here Anymore"  (which is apparently a cover song, I just found that out!) from her Like a Virgin album?  She sounds amazing on that!

Yeah, heard it and the remix. Good songs. Still wouldn't classify her as a great vocalist.

• Love 5