Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On 4/18/2017 at 0:52 PM, zoeysmom said:

When Erika makes her little passive aggressive comments about the other RH she makes it seem as if she is above the fray.  In fact she often the provider of some of the nastier comments.  Such as the upcoming, "get the fuck out of here."

I thought Erika showed her true self when she flat out lied to Tom Bergeron about what she said to Gleb when she was eliminated.  She lies, denies and cries like her BFF Rinna.  I could not believe she did that and he responded back.  He had no use for the liar. Dispatched to the loser pile.

Could you please tell me what she actually said to Gleb and also what she told Tom Bergeron she said to Tom? Thank you!

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Could you please tell me what she actually said to Gleb and also what she told Tom Bergeron she said to Tom? Thank you!

Erika mouthed "Told you" to Gleb when they were eliminated. Tom Bergeron caught it and asked her if she had just said that. She denied it. Tom said he has been doing this for awhile and tell when people say things. She kept denying. It's all a symptom of her inability to be emotionally open because Tom would have likely had her talk about her disappointment. And she feels, for whatever reason, that showing your emotions is a sign of weakness.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Erika mouthed "Told you" to Gleb when they were eliminated. Tom Bergeron caught it and asked her if she had just said that. She denied it. Tom said he has been doing this for awhile and tell when people say things. She kept denying. It's all a symptom of her inability to be emotionally open because Tom would have likely had her talk about her disappointment. And she feels, for whatever reason, that showing your emotions is a sign of weakness.

I got the impression that Erika, who at the beginning of her performance said she wasn't connecting with the audience (doing it her way) and that essentially there was no hope.  It seemed to me as if Erika had resigned herself to the fact she was going to be voted off early and although there were dancers who weren't as skillful as she was, they had more audience appeal.*  Which is why things like "raunchy" and too sexy struck a cord with her.  Erika seemed to embrace the critique (she said, "I am raunchy,") and it is just a case of not being able to read people or ultimately persuade them to her way of thinking.  What I did like is Erika really gave it her all in spite of the nagging feeling that she was probably going home. 

I don't really care what the reason Erika LIED, again in front of a national audience, what she said as it is just another indicator she is not particularly honest. 

Erika does this weird thing about being judged-she went on a reality TV show and had to know people were very judgmental.  She went on a competition TV show that has four judges and relies on the audience as the ultimate judge.   If she did to further her Erika Jayne career she had to know there would be detractors, her marriage to a much older wealthy man, would have people repeating earlier gold digger comments she endured during her tenure with Tom and trotting out her mom and revealing her tortured upbringing would all result in people judging and in some cases being offended.  Tying a pretty bow around it and making it sound as if she altruistic in helping women discover their sexuality, at any age, is just a product it seems isn't going over well.

As far as Erika showing emotions, she had no problem this year talking about her feelings and how she felt, problem was she isn't open to others' input and often times it really wasn't about her. 

*The cowboy and the baseball player keep getting passes and I do not believe they were as skillful as Erika.  

• Love 6
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

"Mikey made me." How very empowered of her. The actual empowered version of that is "Mikey suggested it. And I said he'll yeah! I look hot AF!!!"

Additionally statements like "3. I posted this knowing most of you would be judgmental and couldn't resist a chance to tear me down and I was right. 4. Go be offended at your own life" are not remotely empathetic or endearing. I'm sure there are some people following her on instagram who don't like her, but you've got to figure that the vast majority are fans. Why be so antagonistic with people who like her? 

I think by virtue of the fact that she's posting it she feels empowered, no? She already thinks she's hot AF, why be superfluous?

The judgmental comment isn't meant to be endearing; she's just saying it. And yeah, there's a ton of people who follow celeb IGs just to insult them.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I think by virtue of the fact that she's posting it she feels empowered, no? She already thinks she's hot AF, why be superfluous?

The judgmental comment isn't meant to be endearing; she's just saying it. And yeah, there's a ton of people who follow celeb IGs just to insult them.

Nope. Posting it is no indication that she's empowered. The difference is all about agency. By contrast, Rinna posted a nude picture with the following caption 

"Cheers to @playboy for going back to nudes. The female body is so beautiful, every size and every age. Be proud! 

#thefemalebodyisbeautiful

#allshapesandsizes

#loveyourself

#loveyourbody."

The caption isn't "Harry made me" or "Fuck you haters." We can assume from Rinna's that the person who decided to take and post the pic is Rinna. Her message is that she looks hot AF. And even if it's bullshit she's at least paying lip service to the idea that people shouldn't be age or size shaming.

With Erika, her message is that someone else made me do this and I had no say (even if practically that might not be true). A person who is empowered and has agency frames these things as choices they made and things they wanted to do.

Additionally if you are trying to claim that you have a message of empowerment, don't go around shaming people. If Erika has people who follow her, but hate her, Rinna does too. Even Rinna had sense enough not to get defensive and bitter.

Another example is Brandi Glanville. She talks about having threesomes with women in hopes of keeping Eddie. Whereas Kandi Burress has talked about sleeping with women with her husband as part of a threesome and when she was single. Brandi slept with women for Eddie. Kandi slept with women because sometimes she likes to sleep with women and that's the difference between what Erika posted and what Rinna posted.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

With Erika, her message is that someone else made me do this and I had no say (even if practically that might not be true). A person who is empowered and has agency frames these things as choices they made and things they wanted to do.

Right. Might not be true.

Even if she didn't frame it in a manner you saw fit, it seems posting the pic and captioning it how she pleased was her choice and what she wanted to do. 

• Love 3

Even if she didn't frame it in a manner you saw fit, it seems posting the pic and captioning it how she pleased was her choice and what she wanted to do. 

You didn't know Mikey was really there to side, off camera, with a gun, literally forcing her to do it?

• Love 5
On 4/29/2017 at 0:11 AM, AndySmith said:

You didn't know Mikey was really there to side, off camera, with a gun, literally forcing her to do it?

I know you're being facetious, but words have meaning and impact. As I said above, I don't think Erika was being forced to post that picture. However, her statements are dangerous and damaging in that they reinforce particular points of view that can be surreptitiously misogynist. We've seen reports about people being coerced into having sex by their partners (Bureau of Justice Statistics on sexual victimization). Other reports have discussed "stealthing" which is the practice of removing a condom in the middle of sex in hopes that the man can get the woman pregnant.* We've seen reports about actresses being coerced into doing sexually explicit scenes after refusing to do the scene (Last Tango in Paris), being sexually harassed (Ashley Judd, Debra Messing, Tippi Hedren, Thandie Newton, the women Roger Ailes harassed), and being raped (the women that Bill Cosby and Gian Ghomeshi assaulted).

So when Erika does something sexual or sexualized with the message that a man made her do this, it all plays into the fucked up system and culture that tacitly approves of that. These things do not exist in a vacuum.

Another example is a woman with whom I work told me about some advice that her grandmother gave her when my colleague got married. Her grandmother told her that she should never deny her husband sex, whether she wants to or not. Whether she is or isn't sick or has a headache. My colleague is a masters level social worker and her head was so warped by messed up attitudes about sex, gender, empowerment, and consent that she couldn't recognize that her grandmother's advice was to allow herself to get raped in her marriage. My colleague sincerely thought her grandmother was coming from a place of sexual agency. And this is where Erika's comments live--in this place that seems like it's womanist, but in reality it reinforces the status quo and retrograde attitudes. Additionally, some of the people viewing/consuming Erika's message have no clue who she is what her message is. It still makes Erika really problematic.

Perhaps you think that I'm overstating Erika's influence or impact. My belief is that everything matters. It's like the death by a thousand cuts. Maybe the cut is deeper or bleeds more when your religious leaders or elected officials express attitudes similar to Erika's, but it's not like Erika's beliefs and attitude don't hurt us too. Finally, I'm not just picking on Erika. I have similar issues with Teresa Giudice. However, I think Teresa's situation is worse because she's the primary breadwinner and she still accepts Juicy's insults, condescension, and paternalistic bullshit.

*http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/manipulation-abuse-deceitl-how-i-learnt-about-stealthing/8480696

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10

I know you're being facetious, but words have meaning and impact. As I said above, I don't think Erika was being forced to post that picture. However, her statements are dangerous and damaging in that they reinforce particular points of view that can be surreptitiously misogynist

I think Ericka's fan are smart enough to know the difference, her relationship with Mikey (she's the boss), and that she was making a joke.

Now, if she had said Tom forced her...that could be a whole different discussion.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 8

These must be the Next Levelll! references that Mikey and the Glam Squad used for the tough talking side ponytail/bomber/nameplate necklace version of EJ.

Trigger warnings for language. 

Edited by lunastartron
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

These must be the Next Levelll! references that Mikey and the Glam Squad used for the tough talking side ponytail/bomber/nameplate necklace version of EJ.

Trigger warnings for language. 

Thanks for this. I occasionally watched Nip Tuck, but I never managed to catch Jennifer Coolidge's Hot Cocoa. However, the inspiration for the Hot Cocoa character, Wendy Ho, is hilarious.

Same language warnings as above.

Edited by HunterHunted
On 4/28/2017 at 1:26 AM, WireWrap said:

"Mikey made me." How very empowered of her. The actual empowered version of that is "Mikey suggested it. And I said he'll yeah! I look hot AF!!!"

Additionally statements like "3. I posted this knowing most of you would be judgmental and couldn't resist a chance to tear me down and I was right. 4. Go be offended at your own life" are not remotely empathetic or endearing. I'm sure there are some people following her on instagram who don't like her, but you've got to figure that the vast majority are fans. Why be so antagonistic with people who like her? 

It's one thing for her to post a nude photo of herself and be proud of her body, but then to blame someone else and make those weird statements, seems a little bit "off the rails" if you know what I mean. It's possible that she and Mikey may have been induced at the time.

• Love 3

You mean Ericka visited the bathroom at Kasa Kemsley before taking the picture?

The whole "Mikey made me do it" was clearly a joke. As for the blaming comments...I really doubt those were aimed at people who like her.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Normades said:

Maybe they visited Rinna and had smoothies.

During the reunion, Ericka did make a point of saying that her bag of pills is much more interesting. Not to be outdone by Rinna's boring little bag of goodies. So whatcha got in there Ericka?

So attention seeking.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

During the reunion, Ericka did make a point of saying that her bag of pills is much more interesting. Not to be outdone by Rinna's boring little bag of goodies. So whatcha got in there Ericka?

So attention seeking.

Just like the naked picture she posted. Andy made a big fuss about Rinna's so I wasn't too surprised that Erika did an even better one! LOL

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

And she smiled when she said it. That bitch! 

I don't know, Martinigirl -- seeing how it's Erika and all, it wasn't so much as smile as a baring of her teeth.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Or she could have just been making a joke. She does that occasionally.

Just like Dorit and the panties. Sometimes just not as funny to others as you think it is.

My drugs are way more interesting than yours. I have much cooler drugs.  Ha ha. Just kidding.  By the way, don't talk about what I just said, cause just kidding.

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Just like the naked picture she posted. Andy made a big fuss about Rinna's so I wasn't too surprised that Erika did an even better one! LOL

Yes but, in Erika's case, Mikey made her do it and in addition, she only posted it to bring on the haters to make negative comments that she was expecting, not for her fans who would support her. 

She is fucked up.

• Love 4
(edited)

Just like Dorit and the panties. Sometimes just not as funny to others as you think it is.

There is a difference between being funny, and being mean-girl style, like Dorit (Oy was joooking!). But mileage varies and all that.

All  I see is forehead, white hair, white fur. 

Oh,  and white fur.  

And she makes it all good, too.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Next level!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye Mikey!

LOL Erika will never get rid on Mikey, she loves the hands on attention/feedback he gives her. Now Rinna, on the other hand, will get this ASAP and I expect to see even more bikini/nude photos of her on her SM pages. LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bkathi said:

How much did EJ (or Tom) pay for the EJ name check and song in a skit on SNL? 

Almost certainly nothing, but it's also possible that she let them use it for nothing or next to nothing just for the publicity. SNL is watched by 7 million people. The RPDR mechanics was the sketch that everyone was talking about. I'm sure that saying her name was the consideration given for the use of her song. Erika is a cast member on a show that is on Bravo, which is part of NBC Universal family.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Almost certainly nothing, but it's also possible that she let them use it for nothing or next to nothing just for the publicity. SNL is watched by 7 million people. The RPDR mechanics was the sketch that everyone was talking about. I'm sure that saying her name was the consideration given for the use of her song. Erika is a cast member on a show that is on Bravo, which is part of NBC Universal family.

Which makes you wonder how much Tom/Erika are paying NBCUniversal? LOL

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It was pretty funny. Chris Pine and Booby Moynihan even did some of the moves from the video. Erika performed to her song on DWTS too. She definitely got some publicity for a song most non watching Bravo fans would not have seen otherwise

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It was pretty funny. Chris Pine and Booby Moynihan even did some of the moves from the video. Erika performed to her song on DWTS too. She definitely got some publicity for a song most non watching Bravo fans would not have seen otherwise

And their version was far more entertaining than EJs! LOL

• Love 3

That makes sense. It certainly makes more sense than Ericka paying NBC to use it in the skit.

• Love 2

It's been widely publicized that SNL would be building sketches around products in return for $$$.  Like an actor going on Fallon and talking about favorite new product - money makes the world go round!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She is stunning.

Where is her wedding ring? This is the second time I have seen her not wearing it. I could understand not wearing it on DWtS but she didn't wear it the last time she was on WWHL and now here!

It's been widely publicized that SNL would be building sketches around products in return for $$$

Publicized where? I can imagine them doing it for an actual product, but not things like a song or an actor's likeness or a movie plot.

She is stunning.

She looked really good at the Emmys and in the Y&R pic (Eileen too). She really looks better when toned down.

• Love 4
Just now, BBHN said:

Publicized where? I can imagine them doing it for an actual product, but not things like a song or an actor's likeness or a movie plot.

She looked really good at the Emmys and in the Y&R pic (Eileen too). She really looks better when toned down.

I also would like to see where it's publicized. She was on DWTS with Chris Kattan. I'm sure Chris and Erika talked, suggested, etc.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I think Mikey was hog-tied on Emmy Day.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

OMG!. Her eyes. Like two VS1 diamonds. GORGEOUS!!!!

I agree. She's got one of the best complexions across the RHs universe (sorry Heather, sorry Moaner). Erika could be an excellent rep for whatever products she uses. And, no, I don't think it's all photoshop.

• Love 3

RE: SNL Product Placement:

http://mashable.com/2016/04/26/snl-less-commercials-more-branded-content/#geFE3wXgnuq7

From the second link: First, the “Escorts” threw in a brief product placement, as Leslie Jones indicated she’d have to wear Lindsey Vonn Oakley sunglasses during her sexual encounter with her client (played by Mikey Day). It’s just one mention, and we see her wearing sunglasses. One of those product placements that could merely be the joke of the sight gag and the random celebrity namedrop, but it also works as a quick advertisement for the product.

http://thecomicscomic.com/2016/10/17/this-is-what-branded-content-looks-like-on-saturday-night-live/

• Love 3