Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I scrolled back to see what this was about and couldn't find it.  I want to enjoy whatever is 'them' too!  

It is 50 or so ways the author describes PK in unflattering terms.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

And darn funny terms, too!

Yes they are.  :^)  

Personally I don't think he is a bad guy, he is just a man who looked, like any other would.   ***shrug***

• Love 7
On 4/17/2017 at 11:53 PM, breezy424 said:

I think Erika was shocked on how her stint on DWTS turned out from episode one.  I think she thought she was going to be  so much better and was going to get accolades from the judges.  Heck, I don't care for her but I was very surprised at how bad she was.  It was probably a completely embarrassing endeavor in her mind.   Erika forgot that warmth and personality go a long way on this show and she showed neither....except in her package tonight where she did show tears.  She 'did' do her best dance tonight.  Too little.  Too late.

I felt the same as you about this. Money can't buy everything...especially a warm personality. Respect from the judges needs to be earned. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I felt the same as you about this. Money can't buy everything...especially a warm personality. Respect from the judges needs to be earned. 

It goes deeper than DWTS, her gig on RHOBH has essentially been an exercise in making her more relatable this year and then she turns into a possessed woman demanding husbands leave the stage and having no real storyline other than going on Y&R and whatever song is being released.  Her husband is a dud, for the most part, viewers hate her Glam Squad and how much time will mama spend with her grown daughter>

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It goes deeper than DWTS, her gig on RHOBH has essentially been an exercise in making her more relatable this year and then she turns into a possessed woman demanding husbands leave the stage and having no real storyline other than going on Y&R and whatever song is being released.  Her husband is a dud, for the most part, viewers hate her Glam Squad and how much time will mama spend with her grown daughter>

Boy do they ever. On the episode of WWHL with Adam Pally, Adam joked that housewives are always jealous when another wife has more money to spend on clothes, jewelry, and shoes except in Erika's case because you'd have to spend all that time with her awful glam squad.

• Love 9

I don't watch DWTS but saw Erika's finale dance on video and thought it was lovely - agreed with the judges about Erika needing to be more vulnerable and in tune with partner/others.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

A lot of recappers don't do a great job of being nuanced and not ignoring the housewives faults. Brian is quite good at it. For example, he wrote this about Erika Jayne:

He likes her, but he's not slavish about it. He looooooves Sonja Morgan even though he thinks she's a disaster. I think Brian might have starred me back in the old days on Gawker when you had to audition to comment. However, I don't know that anyone has done it better than Richard Lawson aka LOLCait, who coined the moniker Countess Crackerjacks and Rags McTantershanty. I've been reading both of them for more than a decade.

However, I generally find Ben and Ronnie to be the best right now because they are brutal to everyone. I love their terrible/fabulous impressions of everyone. So even with wives that they like, they're still taking the piss. I crack up every time Ronnie does his Dorit impression which is half the accents of the housewives from Cheshire mixed with Dick van Dyke's accent in Mary Poppins in a smoothie with no Xanax.

100% agree - Richard's recaps were straight-up works of art. The nicknames, the fantasy scenes, just hilarious. I love Brian's too though. All about the nuance.

• Love 2
On 4/19/2017 at 0:09 PM, zoeysmom said:

I'm over this woman already.  I've never seen the appeal and I've gone from being disinterested to actually disliking her. Maybe this will change as time goes on and we learn more, but for now, just plain ugh.

She's like a toddler.  She's either overly sensitive (panty-gate) or not sensitive enough (DWTS).  And in both instances she has a FU response in the same way a child throws a tantrum.  If she doesn't get her way or the response she wants, it's all the other persons problem.   

And she clearly lacks self-awareness because she doesn't see this.  She doesn't understand that life isn't always how she sees it or wants it to be.

Normally I'm pretty tolerant of people who are missing a few psychological/emotional beats but with Erika, I find it hard.   I don't have any patience - much less empathy - for her.   She's not a likable person, IMO.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 13
36 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I'm over this woman already.  I've never seen the appeal and I've gone from being disinterested to actually disliking her. Maybe this will change as time goes on and we learn more, but for now, just plain ugh.

She's like a toddler.  She's either overly sensitive (panty-gate) or not sensitive enough (DWTS).  In both instances she has a FU response in the same way a child throws a tantrum.  She doesn't get her way, or the response she wants, and she heaps responsibility on others.   

And she clearly lacks self-awareness because she doesn't see how her FU response is like a tantrum.

Normally I'm pretty tolerant of people who are missing a few beats but with Erika, I find it hard to be.   I'm not sure why.  I think in part its because she thinks she is "all that" because of Erika Jayne (not a fan of hers either).  I don't know.  All I know is that I don't have any patience - much less empathy - for her.   She's not a likeable person, IMO.

Erika needs some serious therapy to learn how to connect.  I am still scratching my head over the fact that she screamed at PK she was the one that had the hardest time in Hong Kong.  Huh?  What a dumb witch she was the one making the most scenes and attacking people hand in hand with her good buddy Rinna.

The not likeable, I believe is the key.  Dina Manzo RHONJ asked the question-why is everyone afraid of Erika?  I agree.  Who in the hell has time to cultivate and develop a relationship with this nutter?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 13

She has no female friends, her husband treats her like his favorite granddaughter and she hangs out with gay men who created and praise her for the bitchy drag queen behavior.  I don't think she knows how to be genuine or what that even means for herself.  

She doesn't rile me, I find her a both boring and exhausting. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 13

Super random tidbit but I did a podcast search for love and hip-hop interviews and was listening to one that included a q&a with Erica Jayne from 2013. Nothing juicy except that she played coy about whether she was single or not.  I get that sometimes artists want to appear avail but she had been married forever, just interesting she came in the game like that.  

If you guys are interested here's the link but the sound quality is horrific.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haveaseatradio/2013/07/12/mtvs-vj-lenay-dunn-artist-erika-jayne-singer-lori-michael

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

Super random tidbit but I did a podcast search for love and hip-hop interviews and was listening to one that included a q&a with Erica Jayne from 2013. Nothing juicy except that she played coy about whether she was single or not.  I get that sometimes artists want to appear avail but she had been married forever, just interesting she came in the game like that.  

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haveaseatradio/2013/07/12/mtvs-vj-lenay-dunn-artist-erika-jayne-singer-lori-michael

Her playing coy about being married is strange when her main audience, even back then, are gay guys. Did she really think she had a shot at a main stream audience?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

She has no female friends, her husband treats her like his favorite granddaughter and she hangs out with gay men who created and praise her for the bitchy drag queen behavior.  I don't think she knows how to be genuine or what that even means for herself.  

She doesn't rile me, I find her a both boring and exhausting. 

Lest we not forget she PAYS those gay men to hang with her. I'd love to be the fly on the wall when they are talking about her behind her back. Bet there's some juice there. 

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Lest we not forget she PAYS those gay men to hang with her. I'd love to be the fly on the wall when they are talking about her behind her back. Bet there's some juice there. 

You know it!  Oh god. I forgot they are paid help there for a minute!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Inspectabecky said:

Is the other singer the one Danielle Staub from RHONJ did a duet and had an affair with?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

With the exception of her choreographer, the glam squad seems uncomfortable being on screen with Erika.  It's as if they understand how weird it is to be toted along as paid friends. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Her playing coy about being married is strange when her main audience, even back then, are gay guys. Did she really think she had a shot at a main stream audience?

She only plays in gay clubs and as we saw when the ladies paid a visit, the audience talked through her entire act.  Seemed she was the opening for something more gay oriented.  I seriously doubt she has gay fans.  Why would they be interested?  

33 minutes ago, Jextella said:

With the exception of her choreographer, the glam squad seems uncomfortable being on screen with Erika.  It's as if they understand how weird it is to be toted along as paid friends. 

I get the impression they are instructed to just be present and let her main guy do the talking. Speaking parts are paid more in scripted TV so that may apply here, too. 

I am pretty sure they love being on TV!

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I get the impression they are instructed to just be present and let her main guy do the talking. Speaking parts are paid more in scripted TV so that may apply here, too. 

Good point.   Forgot about speaking vs. non-speaking roles.  Still reads uncomfortable to me, though.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Good point.   Forgot about speaking vs. non-speaking roles.  Still reads uncomfortable to me, though.

Oh yes I think they are uncomfortable, too.  I attribute that to having a camera in your face and not being used to it.  It must be intimidating. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Oh yes I think they are uncomfortable, too.  I attribute that to having a camera in your face and not being used to it.  It must be intimidating. 

One thing is certain their lines would be pretty easy-"Yyou are fabulous, Erika!", "Love you Erika!", "Killing it Erika!"

• Love 9
On 4/18/2017 at 2:34 AM, lunastartron said:

Probably PTSD from that time her mom made her cash a check when she was 12.

This and the likes given it are pretty tasteless IMO. I suffer from the disorder myself and don't believe what someone felt traumatized them, no matter the degree, should be belittled. Geez...

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 4
On 4/25/2017 at 0:18 PM, chewycandy said:

This and the likes given it are pretty tasteless IMO. I suffer from the disorder myself and don't believe what someone felt traumatized them, no matter the degree, should be belittled. Geez...

I get it.   It's like a garage sale.  One person's garbage is another person's treasure.  We are all wired differently.  Two kids raised in the same exact way will still turn out differently - including having different levels of sensitivity.  What washes off the shoulders of some, sticks like glue to others.  My sister and I are this way.  She is the former, I am the latter.  I think Kyle and Kim are like this - with Kyle being the former and Kim the latter.

What is traumatizing to some, isn't to others.   My sister could easily deal with the responsibilities EJ's mother put on her.  Me, not so much.  I was shy and self-conscious, etc.   There is also context.  Who knows what went down in EJ's youth.  

The key in all this is to realize that we are wired differently.  Unfortunately, we are all busy wishing the other would be the way we want them to be....and it ain't gonna happen.   Both sides need to let it go.  

The thing with Erika is that she's not willing to see this point.  

Trauma is real and common.  In fact, I'd wager that more people suffer from it than those who don't.   Click here for a Ted Talk presentation by Nadine Burke.  This was eye-opening for me.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

My issue with Erika is simple. . . she is spoiled rotten and expects the world to bend over for her without paying dues.  I am so tired of grown ass women talking about others earning respect, earning her friendship.  No one would go out of their way to give Erika the time of day if it were not for her role on this show.  Most of her cast mates have long term enduring friendships and family and aren't dying to add Erika Jayne/Girardi-aren't I always the most fabulous to their roster.  America voted and Erika was not that appealing or a particularly good entertainer.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I am so tired of grown ass women talking about others earning respect, earning her friendship.  No one would go out of their way to give Erika the time of day if it were not for her role on this show.  

It's simple to me too. If someone insults me, I would be wary of them, and yes, feel that we would need to "start over" in some way and get trust back. I don't like phony interaction all that much and I suspect Erika doesn't either.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

It's simple to me too. If someone insults me, I would be wary of them, and yes, feel that we would need to "start over" in some way and get trust back. I don't like phony interaction all that much and I suspect Erika doesn't either.

But, when it happens to you, are you up front about that or do you keep it a secret while pretending everything is fine and dandy? This is where Erika looses me, had she been honest about her feelings, this would not have been such an ordeal for her or Dorit. LOL

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

But, when it happens to you, are you up front about that or do you keep it a secret while pretending everything is fine and dandy? This is where Erika looses me, had she been honest about her feelings, this would not have been such an ordeal for her or Dorit. LOL

I don't think Erika kept her facial expressions and body language a secret after Dorit's gift presentation. And she was willing to let it go. Dorit just can't read people, or supress her digs.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

I get it.   It's like a garage sale.  One person's garbage is another person's treasure.  We are all wired differently.  Two kids raised in the same exact way will still turn out differently - including having different levels of sensitivity.  What washes off the shoulders of some, sticks like glue to others.  My sister and I are this way.  She is the former, I am the latter.  I think Kyle and Kim are like this - with Kyle being the former and Kim the latter.

What is traumatizing to some, isn't to others.   My sister could easily deal with the responsibilities EJ's mother put on her.  Me, not so much.  I was shy and self-conscious, etc.   

The key in all this is to realize that we are wired differently.  Unfortunately, we are all busy wishing the other would be the way we want them to be....and it ain't gonna happen.   Both sides need to let it go.

The thing with Erika is that she's not willing to see this point.  

Trauma is real and common.  In fact, I'd wager that more people suffer from it than those who don't.   Click here for a Ted Talk presentation by Nadine Burke.  This was eye-opening for me.  Even though my sister doesn't let things get to her the way I do, she is the one who shared this with me and suggested that we were traumatized given how are parents were to each other and to us.  I have to agree.    

I wonder what Erika would say about this. Oh, wait - I don't need to wonder.

"I have very little patience for cry babies and people I think that need a lot of support and hand holding. It makes me not like them."

*proceeds to cry repeatedly in most scenery chewing fashion possible and declare "no one was more devastated than me in Hong Kong" *

• Love 11
5 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Very understandable.

• Love 1

Isn't that what LisaV does but many (including Kyle/Rinna/Eileen) accuse her of holding a "grudge" when she does it! LOL

• Love 4

I don't think Erika kept her facial expressions and body language a secret after Dorit's gift presentation. And she was willing to let it go. Dorit just can't read people, or supress her digs.

But...but...you don't get British humor, chewycandy! Oh, and Dorit was just being sarcastic, too!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, wings707 said:

She only plays in gay clubs and as we saw when the ladies paid a visit, the audience talked through her entire act.  Seemed she was the opening for something more gay oriented.  I seriously doubt she has gay fans.  Why would they be interested?  

Wait - all gay men aren't riveted by song lyrics about a 45 year old pussy being for sale but only with "no try on" and watching a middle-aged woman spread-eagle her legs apart because, feminism? 

• Love 6

Wait - all gay men aren't riveted by song lyrics about a 45 year old pussy being for sale but only with "no try on" and watching a middle-aged woman spread-eagle her legs apart because, feminism? 

Some of us homos enjoy the camp.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I think she is. And I'd wager quite a few of my fellow homos would agree that she is. I wouldn't have made my comment otherwise.

Point taken!

I just posted on her instagram and pointed out the complete lack of grammatical correctness of her posters. Nothing bad. Just your vs. you're etc. and I was shut down in 2 minutes. Own it bitch and let us post!!!! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can someone explain why Christina Aguilera asked Ericka to perform for her on her birthday (or whatever it was that they mentioned on the Reunion)? That puzzles me, because I really find Ericka's act unexceptional and derivative. 

This is a party that had Bethenny Frankel, Erika Jayne, and Kylie Jenner and her squad dressed as X-tina in attendance. There was a Hello Kitty bounce house and multiple Skylanders video game stations. Even if you like Erika Jayne, the rest of the party sounds like a headache.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, lunastartron said:

Another Erika Jayne feminist moment:  http://www.eonline.com/news/846187/erika-jayne-poses-completely-nude-on-instagram-i-m-living-my-life-to-the-fullest  I think Erika likes the attention.  I always kind of feel sorry for any of these women when they feel they need to post nude photos, especially with an Instagram or selfie.  Playboy is back to doing nude spreads, wait for the money.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Another Erika Jayne feminist moment:  http://www.eonline.com/news/846187/erika-jayne-poses-completely-nude-on-instagram-i-m-living-my-life-to-the-fullest  I think Erika likes the attention.  I always kind of feel sorry for any of these women when they feel they need to post nude photos, especially with an Instagram or selfie.  Playboy is back to doing nude spreads, wait for the money.

"Mikey made me." How very empowered of her. The actual empowered version of that is "Mikey suggested it. And I said hell yeah! I look hot AF!!!"

Additionally statements like "3. I posted this knowing most of you would be judgmental and couldn't resist a chance to tear me down and I was right. 4. Go be offended at your own life" are not remotely empathetic or endearing. I'm sure there are some people following her on instagram who don't like her, but you've got to figure that the vast majority are fans. Why be so antagonistic with people who like her? 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

"Mikey made me." How very empowered of her. The actual empowered version of that is "Mikey suggested it. And I said he'll yeah! I look hot AF!!!"

Additionally statements like "3. I posted this knowing most of you would be judgmental and couldn't resist a chance to tear me down and I was right. 4. Go be offended at your own life" are not remotely empathetic or endearing. I'm sure there are some people following her on instagram who don't like her, but you've got to figure that the vast majority are fans. Why be so antagonistic with people who like her? 

She loves to say that she is "empowering" women, How is she doing it with comments like that? Really, HOW? I don't understand this woman, I really don't. She tells everyone that THEY must EARN her trust/friendship but then doesn't think she has to earn theirs. She hates women that cry, calls them "weak/cry babies" but cries herself and expects others to place her feelings before theirs even if they were the target of her vicious attack. She demands everyone treat Tom with the utmost respect but then treats some of the others husbands like garbage under her shoe. Tells the world she is "cold" but then gets offended when you acknowledge that she is in fact cold. She wants you to act like she is 2 separate people but then intermixes these personalities so much that you never know who you are talking to. And worst of all, she has zero sense of humor about anything. LOL Yes, she is an enigma wrapped in MPD! LOL

• Love 15
On 4/26/2017 at 9:48 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I just posted on her instagram and pointed out the complete lack of grammatical correctness of her posters. Nothing bad. Just your vs. you're etc. and I was shut down in 2 minutes. Own it bitch and let us post!!!! 

That dives me nuts. Every time I text "thank you" to my realtor she replies "Your welcome". I so want to correct her but know of no polite way of doing so {and my dealings with her are not over. I'm grateful that she's just on the big guys (brokers) team and not in charge of my business}. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

"Mikey made me." How very empowered of her. The actual empowered version of that is "Mikey suggested it. And I said he'll yeah! I look hot AF!!!"

The "go be offended at your own life", after all her caterwauling about how PK and Dorit were so offensive towards her, one would think she would not go out of her way to offend people.  Sounds like Erika hasn't digested the fact she really isn't all that fabulous.  The reason people tear her down is she doesn't really have a quality product to offer. 

• Love 13