Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

The season hasn't even started and I'm already bored by Erika.  Neither she nor her alter ego do a thing for me.  In fact, when I think about the entire BH cast, it's all a little ho-hum for me.  For such an amazing first and second season, the show went flat season 3 and hasn't seemed to recover for my tastes.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

True but Erika still loves to say that they, there are 2 planes I believe, are her husbands/hers leaving out that they are actually owned by the law practice that TG is a senior "partner" in. LOL

What could bode better for a genuine and revealing text? 

• Love 3
On 9/17/2017 at 6:04 PM, SCS said:

I went over to read the (mostly) glowing (*eye roll*) reviews for ol' Yolanda's book and discovered that Erika -- wait for it --  has a book coming out in early 2018. Most of these HWs spanning the Bravo globe favor the I-am-vacuous-hear-me-roar-don't-you-wish-you-were-me? approach to authoring a book; Erika may be the exception who provides something a bit more revealing and genuine:

https://www.amazon.com/Pretty-Mess-Erika-Jayne/dp/1501181890/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1505684979&sr=8-4&keywords=Erika+Jayne

LOL. I wonder if she will mention about her book being ghost written by Brian Moylan, or will she take all the credit?

• Love 5
On 9/18/2017 at 10:19 PM, Happy Camper said:

LOL. I wonder if she will mention about her book being ghost written by Brian Moylan, or will she take all the credit?

Not sure. Do people usually give a lot of credit to their ghost writers? Cannot remember any of the others on the show (Kyle, Brandi, LVP) talking much about them but I could have missed it because I am usually behind on most things.

If she is smart, she will play it up. Brian Moylan is a God to many who follow the HW's. I have never bought any book written by any of the HW's, and would not have considered changing the practice for Erika.  But knowing that Brian is involved, I will order it and read it from front to back. And pray that at some point she talks about her skin care regimen.  Her skin is simply incredible. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 5

She is gorgeous and her skin is beautiful, but never underestimate the power of a talented makeup artist, perfect lighting and an excellent photographer. Honestly, they can make miracles happen. Hence, her "glam squad." 

• Love 10

She has been shown makeup free on the show and her skin still looks flawless. I think when she is made up, she is just magnifying times a thousand what is a remarkable base line. Even her eyes, which blue eyes makeup free tend to look washed out, stand out when she doesn't wear makeup. Erica, Teresa G and Melissa G all look fantastic without makeup.

There are times when I think she looks better when she is less made up.

rhobh-603-hero-what-the-wives-think-of-e

• Love 10
8 hours ago, AntAnn said:

She is gorgeous and her skin is beautiful, but never underestimate the power of a talented makeup artist, perfect lighting and an excellent photographer. Honestly, they can make miracles happen. Hence, her "glam squad." 

All true, but I think she gets the same lighting as the other gals on the show. In several episodes (especially one shot outside) I could almost not take my eyes off of her skin. And it looks better the less makeup she appears to be wearing. At the very least, she appears to have taken extraordinary care of her skin. I would love to know which products she uses. 

• Love 4
On 19/09/2017 at 11:19 AM, Happy Camper said:

Brian Moylan writes in a very distinctive way. Won’t it be obvious?

On 18/09/2017 at 6:04 AM, SCS said:

I went over to read the (mostly) glowing (*eye roll*) reviews for ol' Yolanda's book and discovered that Erika -- wait for it --  has a book coming out in early 2018. Most of these HWs spanning the Bravo globe favor the I-am-vacuous-hear-me-roar-don't-you-wish-you-were-me? approach to authoring a book; Erika may be the exception who provides something a bit more revealing and genuine:

https://www.amazon.com/Pretty-Mess-Erika-Jayne/dp/1501181890/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1505684979&sr=8-4&keywords=Erika+Jayne

Note that Yolanda’s book is “#1 Best Seller in Special Needs Biographies

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Admittedly I don't know much about Brian Moylan, but if he's a good ghostwriter and/or editor, he'll know how to put his own "voice" aside and make it sound like the "voice" of the person on whose behalf he's writing/editing. 

• Love 2
On 3/1/2017 at 7:37 PM, ivygirl said:

Non sequitur but every time I see Erika's talking heads I think that she'd be a great "spokesmodel" for Too Faced cosmetics. Her peach look is similar to their very popular peach palette. Plus, the whole Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne thing would be a nice play on the brand name (and isn't her tag line about  not being two faced?). Plus I think she fits their vibe -- not too serious but into being glam. And their color palettes would really work for her.

Anyway. If this ever happens I demand a cut of the check! ;)

Welp, Check Please!

Erika Jayne for Too Faced.

• Love 7
On 9/21/2017 at 5:49 PM, gundysgirl said:

Not sure. Do people usually give a lot of credit to their ghost writers? Cannot remember any of the others on the show (Kyle, Brandi, LVP) talking much about them but I could have missed it because I am usually behind on most things.

I, Tina: My Life Story by Tina Turner with Kurt Loder is one of the few that I can think of because Kurt Loder was and is a well respected music writer and critic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%2C_Tina?wprov=sfla1

On 9/18/2017 at 3:04 PM, Jextella said:

The season hasn't even started and I'm already bored by Erika.  Neither she nor her alter ego do a thing for me.  In fact, when I think about the entire BH cast, it's all a little ho-hum for me.  For such an amazing first and second season, the show went flat season 3 and hasn't seemed to recover for my tastes.

I agree, last season was very dull.  The only way this can recover is to bring back some of the cast from the earlier seasons.  Just adding someone new does nothing for this group.  Erika and Dorit did not help breathe life into this tired cast.  

• Love 1
On 9/22/2017 at 5:00 AM, Kokapetl said:

Note that Yolanda’s book is “#1 Best Seller in Special Needs Biographies

What is the source?  I don't believe that could possibly be true!   Money can buy many things so maybe.  

Oh man, I know that Larry David landed some duds on this week's SNL, but there was an *Erika Jayne parody* on this week. Given that so many SNL folks are Bravo fans, I'm a little not surprised, but it's pretty dead on ;)

Edited by ivygirl
Video
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Oh man, I know that Larry David landed some duds on this week's SNL, but there was an *Erika Jayne parody* on this week. Given that so many SNL folks are Bravo fans, I'm a little not surprised, but it's pretty dead on ;)

Nailed it! 

She is either 18 or 55! Too funny.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I would almost think that this was a joke but nooo... 

I do think it's meant to be over the top and silly. I love Too Faced and ALL of their videos and products have the kind of vibe shown in that video, IMO. It's why I sort of predicted and am totally unsurprised that she's a spokesperson for them. Her vibe fits theirs. (And it's the side of her I like--if she could just say funny and self effacing, and ditch the butthurt--I'd probably think she was one of the best on the show.)

Contrast that with Chanel, an uber-glamorous brand that still manages to choose terrible spokesmodels like dirty Brad Pitt and earnest-while-wrapped-in-toilet-paper Kristen Stewart. Unintentionally ridiculous and IMO a clash with the brand.

• Love 2
On 9/21/2017 at 5:49 PM, gundysgirl said:

If she is smart, she will play it up. Brian Moylan is a God to many who follow the HW's. I have never bought any book written by any of the HW's, and would not have considered changing the practice for Erika.  But knowing that Brian is involved, I will order it and read it from front to back. And pray that at some point she talks about her skin care regimen.  Her skin is simply incredible. 

Back in the heydey of pro wrestling, many of the major stars wrote autobiographies and their ghost writers were openly credited (in big letters the book would say something like BY THE ROCK and then small letters would say "with -------'. I think Luann from NY did the same thing with her book.

On 11/18/2017 at 9:48 PM, ivygirl said:

I do think it's meant to be over the top and silly. I love Too Faced and ALL of their videos and products have the kind of vibe shown in that video, IMO. It's why I sort of predicted and am totally unsurprised that she's a spokesperson for them. Her vibe fits theirs. (And it's the side of her I like--if she could just say funny and self effacing, and ditch the butthurt--I'd probably think she was one of the best on the show.)

Contrast that with Chanel, an uber-glamorous brand that still manages to choose terrible spokesmodels like dirty Brad Pitt and earnest-while-wrapped-in-toilet-paper Kristen Stewart. Unintentionally ridiculous and IMO a clash with the brand.

Well, this particular mascara sucks. It gives raccoon eyes.

Chanel for the win here or Diorshow, imo.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Well, this particular mascara sucks. It gives raccoon eyes.

Chanel for the win here or Diorshow, imo.

I’m not really a mascara-wearer, but I’ve tried it, and if it’s “better than sex,” uh... 

• Love 3
On 11/19/2017 at 5:48 AM, ivygirl said:

Amen to that.

• Love 5
On 10/5/2017 at 11:30 AM, HunterHunted said:

Erika won best style in the Real Housewives Awards, an award I consider ironic because her style is terrible. Her skin is flawless, but her team dressed her terribly this past season. Her clothes wore her. She looked completely ridiculous on that first night of their trip to Hong Kong.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housewives-awards-2017-winners-complete-list?amp

Couldn't agree more....and she and her "glam squad" though she was "SO ON" lol all those outfits they picked for her were trash..lol

On 9/17/2017 at 9:10 PM, Happy Camper said:

Yes, she just about sums it up with this:

"Without her alter-ego Erika Jayne, Erika Girardi says she’d just be “another rich bitch with a plane”.

Know this, I am so rich that I have my own plane.

Oh, did I mention that I have a plane? Believe me, I do.

Yolanda has her Lyme, but hey, I have a plane.....and an alter ego.

I may be a mess, but I'm pretty.

I think she should have gone with "You don't know what I go through at night....until you read my book".

LMAO!!! I read that in her deep, dramatic, ugly/crying face voice! Lol 

• Love 4
On 9/21/2017 at 11:23 PM, AntAnn said:

Yeah, I agree. I think all of us would or could look pretty amazing with that much time, money, make-up artist genius, product, and perfect lighting. 

Erika is very pretty with skin to die for. But gorgeous?

In my opinion, Mila Kunis, Audrey Hepburn in BatT and My Fair Lady, Milla Jovovich, Rachel Ward, and Cara Delevingne in "Valerian" are GORGEOUS.  

But, yeah, I know, it's all subjective. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6