Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

This is a story about Erika talking about her son and husband.  She refuses to divulge details as to her son's upbringing just that apparently husband and son are cheering her on from home. 

Professional embarrassment may be why her son doesn't go.  Doubt he has mentioned she is RHOBH  either.  It will come out to his fellow cops at some point, has to.  :^)  It may not be totally about embarrassment.  Police officers don't make a huge salary so his life style would be awkward when it comes to fitting in.   And why would Tom bother to fly to LA for one night?  I can understand that.  He is not ashamed of her at all. 

No way is she going to depart from sexy.  Give it up Len!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Professional embarrassment may be why her son doesn't go.  Doubt he has mentioned she is RHOBH  either.  It will come out to his fellow cops at some point, has to.  :^)  It may not be totally about embarrassment.  Police officers don't make a huge salary so his life style would be awkward when it comes to fitting in.   And why would Tom bother to fly to LA for one night?  I can understand that.  He is not ashamed of her at all. 

Tom and Erika live in Pasadena so I guess I am lost at why Tom would be flying into LA for one night.  They live 18 miles from the studio. where DWTS is filmed.

As to the son he makes about $60k a year and lives in a mansion in Pasadena. As far as fitting in why would the others care?   I am quite certain all his co-workers know exactly who both his mothers are.  I am waiting to hear he is guarded and his co-workers must earn his friendship and respect. I have always thought perhaps the reason he doesn't want to appear on the show(s) is he might want to do undercover work at some point in his career and would not want the exposure.  I guess it would be kind of stupid to state that as a reason.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, dosodog said:

I like PK.  He's not annoying to me 

Having said that, I'm willing to get rid of him if in return, I never have to see the Glam Squad on the show either.

I have to say during the finale (other than the scripted "inherently cold" line) for the first time PK did not bug. But yeah -he, Dorit, Erika, the glam squad and Rinna can take a junk boat to the WE and one of their dumb reality shows. Bring back Camille and Adrienne and Dubrow for good measure just to watch them all bug LVP.

Watching the clip @KungFuBunny posted I do not get why Erika continues to do this because she looks like she gets no enjoyment out of it whatsoever. I'm not necessarily talking about her frozen face; there's just no vitality or spirit there. If I saw her get up and dance with a partner at a regular function like a wedding I'd think 'is that person an aerobics instructor?', not that I was looking at someone who was having a good time. Schaena from VPR (I know) who was clearly being "musical" just to be famous even looked like she enjoyed what she was doing. No matter how much we didn't. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

This is a story about Erika talking about her son and husband.  She refuses to divulge details as to her son's upbringing just that apparently husband and son are cheering her on from home. 

She doesn't want to "talk" about being a "single mom" on the show because she fears someone will call her out as the liar she is! She was not a single mom, she walked away from her then 3 year old toddler, leaving her ex, his dad, a single father to do all the heavy lifting.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She doesn't want to "talk" about being a "single mom" on the show because she fears someone will call her out as the liar she is! She was not a single mom, she walked away from her then 3 year old toddler, leaving her ex, his dad, a single father to do all the heavy lifting.

Wait a minute...if a MAN had walked away from his 3year old toddler, leaving his ex, the child's mother....would we even be having this conversation?

• Love 11
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Tom and Erika live in Pasadena so I guess I am lost at why Tom would be flying into LA for one night.  They live 18 miles from the studio. where DWTS is filmed.

As to the son he makes about $60k a year and lives in a mansion in Pasadena. As far as fitting in why would the others care?   I am quite certain all his co-workers know exactly who both his mothers are.  I am waiting to hear he is guarded and his co-workers must earn his friendship and respect. I have always thought perhaps the reason he doesn't want to appear on the show(s) is he might want to do undercover work at some point in his career and would not want the exposure.  I guess it would be kind of stupid to state that as a reason.

Good points.  I had no idea how close the DWTS's studio was. 

He has 2 mothers? 

There is a lot I don't know. 

Undercover work makes sense, I didn't know he was a detective.  I don't watch closely and that is clear! 

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Good points.  I had no idea how close the DWTS's studio was. 

He has 2 mothers? 

There is a lot I don't know. 

Undercover work makes sense, I didn't know he was a detective.  I don't watch closely and that is clear! 

Well if Erika Jayne is appearing on DWTS and speaking of her son, it would seem to me both Erika Jayne and Erika Girardi consider him their son. 

It has been talked about why Tom doesn't go and support Erika at DWTS.  He did an interview but can't manage to get there to watch her?  One could interpret that as him being embarrassed, even though he gives interviews to the contrary.  Only because that is what they do on this show is listen and then claim there was an implication contrary to what was said.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

Wait a minute...if a MAN had walked away from his 3year old toddler, leaving his ex, the child's mother....would we even be having this conversation?

Yes, I would and some here have brought up PK's 1st wife taking their 2 children back to the UK after they divorced and judging him wrong because he didn't follow them there.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, I would and some here have brought up PK's 1st wife taking their 2 children back to the UK after they divorced and judging him wrong because he didn't follow them there.

UK first, or divorce first?

1 minute ago, 55Unicorns said:

UK first, or divorce first?

No one knows for sure but I suspect it was divorce first so that custody issues were already ironed out/finalized but at the very least, they were separated.

Edited by WireWrap
Just now, WireWrap said:

No one knows for sure but I suspect it was divorce first so that custody issues were already ironed out/finalized but at the very least, they were separated.

Maybe Erika was too...my point is, women are judged for things men do ALL the time.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

Maybe Erika was too...my point is, women are judged for things men do ALL the time.

Erika was divorced when she left her son behind to go chase/live her "dreams" in LA. I would have no problem with this fact had Erika not claimed she was a "single mom" and how hard it is to be 1. She does not mention anywhere on this show or on DWtS that she wasn't a single mom raising her kid.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Erika was divorced when she left her son behind to go chase/live her "dreams" in LA. I would have no problem with this fact had Erika not claimed she was a "single mom" and how hard it is to be 1. She does not mention anywhere on this show or on DWtS that she wasn't a single mom raising her kid.

Okay, gotcha!

Maybe Erika felt it was best to have her son still near by his two sets of grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc. rather than giving the screws to her ex and taking her son where he knew no one. IF that was the case, BRAVO for her for thinking of her child more than herself. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Martinigirl said:

Maybe Erika felt it was best to have her son still near by his two sets of grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc. rather than giving the screws to her ex and taking her son where he knew no one. IF that was the case, BRAVO for her for thinking of her child more than herself. 

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!  But I'm biased...I think PK and Doritos are shit; and I can kinda feel Erika...

3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

No different than a MAN going on to advance his career...

Ah, well, there are Erika haters and Doritos haters...

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Well except the maternal grandmother lived in Atlanta and the father and son lived in NJ. 

I don't think the issue is why, it has more to do with her claiming to have to deal with the trials and tribulation of single parenthood when her child lived 3,000 miles away and she wasn't single all that long.  She married Tom four years after leaving the child behind to pursue her dreams.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well except the maternal grandmother lived in Atlanta and the father and son lived in NJ. 

I don't think the issue is why, it has more to do with her claiming to have to deal with the trials and tribulation of single parenthood when her child lived 3,000 miles away and she wasn't single all that long.  She married Tom four years after leaving the child behind to pursue her dreams.

Okay, gotcha!

My ex  had my daughter 3 1/2 months in the summer, every summer and every other holiday for a week (sometimes longer than a week very close to half of the time - not half but close) due to being 2000 miles apart. You do what is best for your child period! 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 7

Watched the clip of the women getting ready for reunion.  EJ said "WE went for a Sharon Tate, Valley of the Dolls look".  Two questions.  1) Why does she have to go as ANYBODY besides herself - or is there NO real EJ - everything is an act.  2) Really Valley of the Dolls - pills, alcohol - is she saying something about Kim, Rinna ?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Then say so, don't claim you understand how hard it is for "single moms" raising their children because she doesn't and, as zoeysmom already pointed out, her family )Mother/grandparents) lived in a different state, so that does not apply.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Give her time, wirewrap, she'll somehow turn that into everyone else's fault as well.

• Love 14

I thought I did explain it...I had my daughter the majority of the time but feel it was just as difficult for my ex as a single Dad as it was for myself as a single Mom. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 4
Just now, Martinigirl said:

I thought I did explain it...I had my daughter the majority of the time but feel it was just as difficult for my ex as a single Dad as it was for myself as a single Mom. 

Sorry, but I meant Erika should say so, not You personally. LOL

• Love 5

"WE went for a Sharon Tate, Valley of the Dolls look"

I thought it was obvious she was referring to herself and her style team.

it would seem to me both Erika Jayne and Erika Girardi consider him their son

It would seem to me that Ericka Griardi is his mother, and Ericka Jayne is a stage persona, not an actual person, but to each their own...

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, wings707 said:

Except the son's full name is out on the internet.  I'd like to think maybe a cop or two could connect the dots given that info.  But maybe there's more than one Tommy Zizzo in the LAPD so it's still a big mystery as to which one lives in a mansion.

12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Let's not pick nits, she was single and a mom.  I hear it was exhaustive :)  

7 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Bravo for her indeed, but then it is disingenuous to give interviews about how hard it was for her as a single mom, given the common understanding of the term.

• Love 9
On 4/11/2017 at 6:43 PM, 55Unicorns said:

Wait a minute...are you serious? If a man had done the same thing, he would be the very definition of a DEAD BEAT DAD. So yeah we most definitely would be having this conversation. If anything, Erika has been given a pass on being an absent parent. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Tararayne said:

Wait a minute...are you serious? If a man had done the same thing, he would be the very definition of a DEAD BEAT DAD. So yeah we most definitely would be having this conversation. If anything, Erika has been given a pass on being an absent parent. 

Hell on Southern Charm, TRav, who is a vile piece of shit, gets raked over the coals even though he provides at least monetarily for his children and has full custody. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Tararayne said:

I believe a "dead beat dad" is someone who provides no financial support for his children, not someone who moves away for a career. We have absolutely zero idea what kind of support Erika might have provided for her son. Maybe she sent checks home. Maybe he came to stay with her for the summer. Maybe she was visiting him all the time. The point is, we have zero idea. It is clear that Erika just takes ownership for the fact that she left to have a career for herself - something that she didn't ever have to say since the ex and son apparently aren't talking. It is not so hard for me to imagine that there are many other things that Erika could say, wrap it up on a neat little package to make it sound not quite so bad, but she doesn't. Could be there are things that she would reveal that would be hurtful to others and it doesn't sound like she wants their privacy invaded. Maybe some day she will divulge more Many of these gals have slowly revealed more about themselves and their families as time has gone by. 

• Love 8
On 4/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, WireWrap said:

I brought up PK's first marriage, but never criticized him for the fact that he lives on a different continent from his kids. I completely get it all and realize that sometimes these things happen. I know because I've lived it in my own life. My point was that both Erika and PK made a choice to live separately from their kids, although of course the situations are not exactly the same - they never are. In both situations they made the decision, I am sure for a whole host of reasons that are completely valid to them, that there were things they needed/wanted to do that meant they didn't live with their kids. For some, these decisions are incomprehensible. I could never leave my young child, no matter what was going on in my life, but my husbands resolve is no less firm. He would never, ever do anything that meant that he could only see his kids on the weekends or long holidays. For some reason there are excuses made for men, but for women, not so much. I give them all a break because I don't know the particulars of what they were going through and from what I can ascertain, all have good relationships with their kids. Good enough for me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I brought up PK's first marriage, but never criticized him for the fact that he lives on a different continent from his kids. I completely get it all and realize that sometimes these things happen. I know because I've lived it in my own life. My point was that both Erika and PK made a choice to live separately from their kids, although of course the situations are not exactly the same - they never are. In both situations they made the decision, I am sure for a whole host of reasons that are completely valid to them, that there were things they needed/wanted to do that meant they didn't live with their kids. For some, these decisions are incomprehensible. I could never leave my young child, no matter what was going on in my life, but my husbands resolve is no less firm. He would never, ever do anything that meant that he could only see his kids on the weekends or long holidays. For some reason there are excuses made for men, but for women, not so much. I give them all a break because I don't know the particulars of what they were going through and from what I can ascertain, all have good relationships with their kids. Good enough for me. 

Erika brought up the circumstances of leaving her child behind.  She expanded on in Monday on DWTS,  saying her manager  suggested she and the other members of the girl group she belonged to move to LA for opportunities.  The only problem I have with that is it is in direct conflict with Erika declaring herself a nanny free stay home mom at the Reunion.  She was obviously pursuing some sort of career if she had a manager.

I don't think the main complaint about Erika is that she abandoned her child to pursue her dream, it has more to do with her posing as a single mom when geographically she was so far removed from her son's primary residence and within four years she had remarried.   

Maybe it is nothing more than Erika stretching fairly common terms beyond credulity.  She would not be the only one the show to do so but I just feel like her days as a single mom, where quite different than Kyle's, (whose ex incidentally moved to Indonesia) and has managed to be in his her daughter's life, that her being a nanny free stay at home mom were a little contradictory to what she claimed five weeks later, that she was auditioning, modeling and part of girl band that was advised to move to LA. 

At some point it would be nice to get a consistent story.  Erika seems overly concerned about people passing judgment on her and when the truth becomes a little slippery it is difficult to believe some of what she said.  At this point she seems to be trying hard to being relatable to the masses, when in reality she may not be all that relatable.  Not being relatable doesn't mean hate it may be more along the lines of your statement, "I could never leave my young child."  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I believe a "dead beat dad" is someone who provides no financial support for his children, not someone who moves away for a career. We have absolutely zero idea what kind of support Erika might have provided for her son. Maybe she sent checks home. Maybe he came to stay with her for the summer. Maybe she was visiting him all the time. The point is, we have zero idea. It is clear that Erika just takes ownership for the fact that she left to have a career for herself - something that she didn't ever have to say since the ex and son apparently aren't talking. It is not so hard for me to imagine that there are many other things that Erika could say, wrap it up on a neat little package to make it sound not quite so bad, but she doesn't. Could be there are things that she would reveal that would be hurtful to others and it doesn't sound like she wants their privacy invaded. Maybe some day she will divulge more Many of these gals have slowly revealed more about themselves and their families as time has gone by. 

Talking about being a single mom and talking about how "exhaustive" it was isn't taking ownership of her decision to move 3000 miles away from her son.  I feel like to be what most people consider a single mom your kid should at least live with you.  I wouldn't have a problem with her not being a single mom if she wasn't trying to claim that title.  Just like I have no problem with her not serving in the military, but if she started giving interviews about being a vet I'd start having a problem with her lack of service.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Talking about being a single mom and talking about how "exhaustive" it was isn't taking ownership of her decision to move 3000 miles away from her son.  I feel like to be what most people consider a single mom your kid should at least live with you.  I wouldn't have a problem with her not being a single mom if she wasn't trying to claim that title.  Just like I have no problem with her not serving in the military, but if she started giving interviews about being a vet I'd start having a problem with her lack of service.

LOL, I can almost see that happening. And a subsequent debate about whether or not you actually have to be in the military to say you are in the military, with Rinna weighing in about how it doesn't matter if she actually ever served in the military, because it's "her truth" that she did.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika brought up the circumstances of leaving her child behind.  She expanded on in Monday on DWTS,  saying her manager  suggested she and the other members of the girl group she belonged to move to LA for opportunities.  The only problem I have with that is it is in direct conflict with Erika declaring herself a nanny free stay home mom at the Reunion.  She was obviously pursuing some sort of career if she had a manager.

I don't think the main complaint about Erika is that she abandoned her child to pursue her dream, it has more to do with her posing as a single mom when geographically she was so far removed from her son's primary residence and within four years she had remarried.   

Maybe it is nothing more than Erika stretching fairly common terms beyond credulity.  She would not be the only one the show to do so but I just feel like her days as a single mom, where quite different than Kyle's, (whose ex incidentally moved to Indonesia) and has managed to be in his her daughter's life, that her being a nanny free stay at home mom were a little contradictory to what she claimed five weeks later, that she was auditioning, modeling and part of girl band that was advised to move to LA. 

At some point it would be nice to get a consistent story.  Erika seems overly concerned about people passing judgment on her and when the truth becomes a little slippery it is difficult to believe some of what she said.  At this point she seems to be trying hard to being relatable to the masses, when in reality she may not be all that relatable.  Not being relatable doesn't mean hate it may be more along the lines of your statement, "I could never leave my young child."  

I have to completely disagree. Folks were bitching about her leaving her kid before anyone ever said "boo" about her claiming to be a single mom. If she had never uttered that sentence, people would still be pissed. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have to completely disagree. Folks were bitching about her leaving her kid before anyone ever said "boo" about her claiming to be a single mom. If she had never uttered that sentence, people would still be pissed. 

All I can say is you haven't been reading Wire Wraps posts she has been adamant about the single mom thing since day one.

It is not as if someone went snooping and uncovered this about Erika-she said it and brought into the mainstream. 

Let's let Erika's mom describe the extremes she would go to for fame:  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/04/11/rhobh-erika-jaynes-son-erased-from-her-dwts-most-memorable-year/

I don't think this conversation about Erika is all that absurd. 

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Martinigirl said:

I doubt ErICKa was thinking about her child more than herself. Narcissists, like her, ALWAYS put themselves first.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She was voted off of DWtS tonight.

The Glam squad must be devastated.   Those poor guys, wailing and crying how it's so unfair, and vowing revenge to those who don't see her talent.   They are busy dabbing away the tears, trying carefully not to smear the cakes of foundation, and keep the lashes in tact.  There is no rest for a busy glam squad.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

How many fucks did she give? 

I think it really bothered her. No, she didn't cry on camera and was almost as stone faced as ever but you could see cracks. She mouthed something "I told you so" to Gleb when the results were announced and Tom B asked her about it........Erika denied saying/mouthing anything! For what it's worth, her dance tonight was nice and she scored her highest.

• Love 6

I wasn't surprised she got booted off.  She wasnt that great of a dancer even though her best dance was tonight. And she didn't display any charm or warmth which she needed to do if she wanted people to vote for her.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think it really bothered her. No, she didn't cry on camera and was almost as stone faced as ever but you could see cracks. She mouthed something "I told you so" to Gleb when the results were announced and Tom B asked her about it........Erika denied saying/mouthing anything! For what it's worth, her dance tonight was nice and she scored her highest.

But do the judges know what she goes through every night? 

I'm surprised she "listened to that shit from any of them."

• Love 13

I think Erika was shocked on how her stint on DWTS turned out from episode one.  I think she thought she was going to be  so much better and was going to get accolades from the judges.  Heck, I don't care for her but I was very surprised at how bad she was.  It was probably a completely embarrassing endeavor in her mind.   Erika forgot that warmth and personality go a long way on this show and she showed neither....except in her package tonight where she did show tears.  She 'did' do her best dance tonight.  Too little.  Too late.

On another note, I did criticize Erika for leaving her son for a 'career' in CA.  She had choices and she chose herself.  She could have pursued an entertainment/acting career in NY.  She left her son.  And I hold the same bar for fathers.  I can get that you have to relocate for a job and that sucks.  But IMO Erika didn't have to do that.  Oh, and let's face it, she wasn't that 'good' to begin with.  She went nowhere career wise until Tom financed her.  Claiming she was a single mother is just icing on a BS cake.

I do hope that Erika and her son have a good relationship.  And I wish him the best and I hope he keeps safe.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LizDC said:

I wasn't surprised she got booted off.  She wasnt that great of a dancer even though her best dance was tonight. And she didn't display any charm or warmth which she needed to do if she wanted people to vote for her.

Good grief for someone who claims she doesn't cry she was crying again tonight practicing for her dance.  It seems Erika cries when she doesn't get her way.  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=erika+jayne+dancing+with+the+stars&view=detail&mid=BADA217570FDFDEF5825BADA217570FDFDEF5825&FORM=VIRE I can see why she resented her mom's critique's of her-she is just very, very average in her dance talent.  Money can't buy you talent. 

I will say this Erika got a big reality check she said she wanted to do it her way and keep the sexy in and when she realized she wasn't connecting with the audience, she put some clothes on and wasn't in the cellar score wise.  It also made me wonder if maybe the connection her audience is making are her male back up dancers?  Too little, too late but she most know now her in your face sexy has limited appeal.  I also wonder if her behavior on RHOBH show hurt her popularity? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Good grief for someone who claims she doesn't cry she was crying again tonight practicing for her dance.  It seems Erika cries when she doesn't get her way.  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=erika+jayne+dancing+with+the+stars&view=detail&mid=BADA217570FDFDEF5825BADA217570FDFDEF5825&FORM=VIRE I can see why she resented her mom's critique's of her-she is just very, very average in her dance talent.  Money can't buy you talent. 

I will say this Erika got a big reality check she said she wanted to do it her way and keep the sexy in and when she realized she wasn't connecting with the audience, she put some clothes on and wasn't in the cellar score wise.  It also made me wonder if maybe the connection her audience is making are her male back up dancers?  Too little, too late but she most know now her in your face sexy has limited appeal.  I also wonder if her behavior on RHOBH show hurt her popularity? 

Probably PTSD from that time her mom made her cash a check when she was 12.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

More than likely. She's a splittail.

• Love 3

I also wonder if her behavior on RHOBH show hurt her popularity? 

Given that she is still relatively popular or at least liked among HW fans, plus the fact who knows how much of a correlation there is between the average DWTS viewer and the average RHOBH viewer...I'd say it probably wasn't a factor.

• Love 2

Here's a well-balanced critique of Erika's performance on Dancing With the Stars and of her persona:

On 4/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, zoeysmom said:

Some examples:

There's nothing wrong with Erika wanting to be known as the sexy dancer. There is something admirable about Erika treating her age as nothing more than a number. There is a reason that women, particularly Real Housewives fans, like Erika and it is the fact that she doesn't let anything slow her down. Yet the point of Dancing with the Stars is for the contestants to push outside their comfort zone. 

Erika is comfortable being the center of attention and the sexpot. It's what is expected of her and it is what she is presenting but it also isn't at all interesting. The even more damning thing is it never feels as if the audience is learning anything more about Erika than purely what is on the surface. Everything feels staged and artificial. 

• Love 10