Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

Okay, so I am a little obsessed with Erika's "music" "career". I've been looking things up and watched her videos  And I have so many questions.

First of all, I kinda dig the idea of Erika Jayne. I like that she's over the top, I like the whole glamour sex kitten vibe. And I like that she's unafraid to do dance pop music being over 40. 

However, her songs are awful. And with her new exposure on RH, why would she put out a song like " Xxpensive"? She needs a universal club banger, something people want to sing along to, something like yes, "Tardy For The Party". Nobody wants to sing or relates to "it's expensive to be me". 

But anyway, back to my questions about her "career". It was my understanding that this is basically a vanity career entirely funded by her husband. But she was on the cover of Billboard magazine in 2012 and 2013. Can you pay to be on the cover of Billboard? And okay, she's had several number 1 singles on Billboard's Dance Club chart. But what does that even mean? From Wikipedia:

"The Dance Club Songs chart is a weekly national survey of the songs that are most popular in U.S. dance clubs. It is compiled by Billboard exclusively from playlists submitted by nightclub disc jockeys who must apply and meet certain criteria to become 'Billboard-reporting DJs.' "

So..does she get any money from that? It's just fascinating to me because she pays people like Flo Rida and Maino what I'm sure is a huge amount to guest on her songs, her videos are pretty high quality, she only does a few shows a year but she employs an army of dancers and a glam squad. 

A few of her videos: 

Party People (Ignite The World) - This is probably her catchiest and most mainstream type of song, but it's single handedly ruined by the Auto tune on literally every single note. She looks super hot. There's a point in the video where she and a bunch of girl dancers are leaning against a wall and it looks like they are about to tear up a dance break...but then nothing. 

Get It Tonight (with Flo Rida) - This is also ruined by all the auto tune. I'm talking Rebecca Black levels of auto tune. And take a shot for every time she flips her head in slow motion. 

Crazy (with Maino) - This could almost pass for like a legit music video. It's trying way too hard though. And the song is not great. 

I can't though with her house/trance or whatever songs, like "Painkiller". Those are even more terrible. 

But I'm just fascinated how this woman has basically bought this career. A career that would seem semi legit to an outsider. Aren't they referring to her as a "singer" or "pop star" on DWTS? And it seems her only "talent" is posing, swinging her hair, and trying to emulate the dance moves of a stripper  

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Jel said:

I don't remember much of that epi. Can you please remind me what did Erika said or did to piss off The Boss?

It's one of the strangest scenes in the history of the franchise imo. The discussion in the video continues. 

Eventually, Tom cuts off LVP when she attempts to respond to a soliloquy he's starting with a curt "pardon me, I'm talking."

He then begings insisting in long-winded fashion that Erika's commentary about "webs" was actually a "positive" because it indicates Lisa "is running the operation."

Erika then says something because, I think, she was irritated that he was complimenting Lisa. It sounds like she's saying, "No, she -" and is cut off but the footage bleeps so it seems like "no shit."

Tom's face and voice change as he drops his monologue and turns to his wife to say nastily, "pardon me, Erika."

The next morning, Erika has one of the most genuine expressions of emotion I've seen on her mug as she tells Kyle that Tom "is fucking pissed! at me" because "I'm not allowed to do that shit; in my house, that's not okay."

It's really bizarre because, while Erika was her characteristic asshole self (IMO) with respect to her theses and arguments, she was unimpeachable automaton-like and restrained in her delivery. No yelling, no threats, no thuggish hand gestures. 

Not sure what she was getting taken to woodshed for by the hubs. 

It was a pretty KLA$$Y night for his wife as far as her typical behavior goes. 

• Love 14
16 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

TI remember the conversation w/Kyle the day after the dinner when she said Tom was pissed.   She made it clear that he expects and only tolerates certain behavior.   I wonder if he's at all "concerned" about her behavior this season.   He seems to think her video's are fine - but they draw a certain circle of people, and RHBH draws an entirely different segment - maybe a segment that's more tuned in to his world.  Business partners, their spouses, their kids, neighbors, etc.   What was portrayed as a "hobby" type of thing her first season is turning into this in fact is her life - and her marriage seems to be the hobby.    Her cold fish act has escalated into a performance.   The only time we see her laugh is when she's getting ready w/her glam squad - and that's mostly to talk about how fabulous she'll be and to dis the other women. 

It kind of makes me wonder if the reason she's sensitive to being called a "whore" and a "slut" (despite no one on the show using those words) is because in her household that's how she's seen. It would also explain why it's apparently a-okay for the Housewife with whom she's closest to suggest she was exposing herself "on purpose."

In her One Hot Pleasure video, she literally drops it like it's hot so that her face is by a male model's crotch, drapes herself over his shirtless torso, and rubs herself against the length of his body. 

From the description of her licking a man's chest, I'm guessing this is the clip that Tom broadcast to the colleagues at his law association.

Seriously, a husband chooses one of the few videos of his wife pantomiming sexual congress of some sort with another man (since she's usually just kind of an abstract inert sex object in most of her performances) to show to his work colleagues and that's somehow more normal and less objectifying than the fictive "leering" of a man to whom she's announced she's not wearing panties? 

And this is evidently less of a prob to Tom than his wife articulating a perspective that's not completely deferential to his at a dinner party?

• Love 16
6 hours ago, lunastartron said:

It's one of the strangest scenes in the history of the franchise imo. The discussion in the video continues. 

Eventually, Tom cuts off LVP when she attempts to respond to a soliloquy he's starting with a curt "pardon me, I'm talking."

He then begings insisting in long-winded fashion that Erika's commentary about "webs" was actually a "positive" because it indicates Lisa "is running the operation."

Erika then says something because, I think, she was irritated that he was complimenting Lisa. It sounds like she's saying, "No, she -" and is cut off but the footage bleeps so it seems like "no shit."

Tom's face and voice change as he drops his monologue and turns to his wife to say nastily, "pardon me, Erika."

The next morning, Erika has one of the most genuine expressions of emotion I've seen on her mug as she tells Kyle that Tom "is fucking pissed! at me" because "I'm not allowed to do that shit; in my house, that's not okay."

It's really bizarre because, while Erika was her characteristic asshole self (IMO) with respect to her theses and arguments, she was unimpeachable automaton-like and restrained in her delivery. No yelling, no threats, no thuggish hand gestures. 

Not sure what she was getting taken to woodshed for by the hubs. 

It was a pretty KLA$$Y night for his wife as far as her typical behavior goes. 

Thank you, lunastarton. I do remember how weird it was now, especially the "I'm not allowed to do that...". 

• Love 4
(edited)

A few random thoughts.....A few weeks ago (or was it months?) I had sworn off RHBH, due to the dumbness of pantygate, etc., but still continued to read this forum. Big mistake - I should have gone completely cold turkey.  My curiosity got the better of me. I fell off the wagon and binge watched all the episodes that I missed. (Hangs head in shame.) But enough about me.....

Some observations about Erika: her anger at Dorit and Eileen in Hong Kong was both amazingly over the top and devoid of any insight. She would rather be on the attack and full of the thrill of self-righteousness than question the reasons behind her own contradictory acting-out behaviors and emotions. She's kind of exhausting.

Another thing - for all the efforts of her glam squad there's a weird 1960s/1970s Playmate-on-steroids/ mother-of-the bride look to her hair, make-up, and clothes. In fact, I was switching the channels today and came across an episode of Wonder Woman from 1976. Is it just me or is there an uncanny resemblance between Wonder Woman's mother and Erika?  http://www.wonderland-site.com/html/photos/wonder/ww0256.htm

Edited by Mannahatta
  • Love 14

This is my take on Erika. She knows full well that without TG and TG's money, she's one notch above poor white trash. Everything she does and says is born of this fact. There but for the grace of God, and such. This is behind her extreme discomfort with the other women. She's a trophy wife, and they all have real, legit marriages. They all were real people, successful people, before this show, and before they were married. She claims all the time in her THs that she gives no fucks what other people think of her. Oh, honey. One does not employ 4 people to 'curate' (her, pretentious af words) a look, down to the eyelash, just to go to dinner. That is someone who gives a whole lot of fucks.

Notice I didn't even get to Erika Jayne. You have a bankroll like that and that's what you choose to do with it? Cosplay Little Bo Peep? Put Erika Jayne back in the suitcase, save your husband a whole bunch of money, let go of your posse who clearly are not doing you any favors, and do some charity work. This character you've created is clearly not bringing you any joy. It seems like a chore. But I don't know what you go through at night.

P.S. Remembering the dinner with her, Tom, LVP and Ken. VP was turned on a little by Tom and could go toe to toe with him intellectually across the table. Tom shushed Erika. See, above.

• Love 24
18 hours ago, Tararayne said:

What was up with her pajamas outfit on the boat??

ErICKa's wardrobe is laughable. I'm sure she thinks she looks good - NOT even close. She's a TYPICAL egotist, who has NOTHING to offer.

19 hours ago, wheresmypizza said:

This is my take on Erika. She knows full well that without TG and TG's money, she's one notch above poor white trash. Everything she does and says is born of this fact. There but for the grace of God, and such. This is behind her extreme discomfort with the other women. She's a trophy wife, and they all have real, legit marriages. They all were real people, successful people, before this show, and before they were married. She claims all the time in her THs that she gives no fucks what other people think of her. Oh, honey. One does not employ 4 people to 'curate' (her, pretentious af words) a look, down to the eyelash, just to go to dinner. That is someone who gives a whole lot of fucks.

Notice I didn't even get to Erika Jayne. You have a bankroll like that and that's what you choose to do with it? Cosplay Little Bo Peep? Put Erika Jayne back in the suitcase, save your husband a whole bunch of money, let go of your posse who clearly are not doing you any favors, and do some charity work. This character you've created is clearly not bringing you any joy. It seems like a chore. But I don't know what you go through at night.

P.S. Remembering the dinner with her, Tom, LVP and Ken. VP was turned on a little by Tom and could go toe to toe with him intellectually across the table. Tom shushed Erika. See, above.

Tom is a TYPICAL small man and a TOTAL db.

• Love 2

I don't think Rinna will be going anywhere. Brandi was financially and emotionally insecure. She needed the job to give her status and whatever money she could wring out of the show and her Unfiltered Blonde.  So, she created a mess and looked desperate in order to keep her Housewife status. Rinna has a well-known husband and now she is financially doing very, very well from her rags on QVC.  She thrives on the exposure and is making a butt load of money.  She can tell someone "Fuck You" right to their face because her current position has given her confidence and no fear.  I bet if Eileen started making beaucoup de bucks from some off sell, she wouldn't be such a suck up.

• Love 2
On 4/1/2017 at 0:35 AM, Tararayne said:

Nobody wants to sing or relates to "it's expensive to be me". 

I sing "it's xxpen$ive to be you" to my dogs all the time - mostly when going over their vet charges on my bank statement or scheduling an appointment with their glam squad (the groomer).  They do not understand or relate and just give me the "whatever crazy lady look" and go back to napping.  It's pretty much the same reaction I get when I yell "Close your legs to married dogs! Trashbox!" at them when they are sleeping all spread eagle with their paws in the air.  All the bullshit about buying kitty pythons with no try on, I do not sing to them.  I'm crazy, not ridiculous.

• Love 19
42 minutes ago, PumpkinPK said:

Ha ha.  All I could do during Lindsey's "Candy Show" number, complete with the male dancers, was think that Ericka must be salivating over that act and fuming she didn't get to do it.

I think something is wrong with her legs. The jive is fast paced - girl can not move fast even if someone screams all your wigs are on fire.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think something is wrong with her legs. The jive is fast paced - girl can not move fast even if someone screams all your wigs are on fire.

She's all sizzle and no steak.  She can't really sing and she can't really dance.  Writhing around on a bed? she's aces.  Unfortunately as Rinna so graphically showed us, pretty much anyone can do that.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, zulualpha said:

She's all sizzle and no steak.  She can't really sing and she can't really dance.  Writhing around on a bed? she's aces.  Unfortunately as Rinna so graphically showed us, pretty much anyone can do that.

Years ago on SNL, Britney Spears was the "host". In one skit she was Barbie along with her mom and their limbs were awkward. This reminded me of Erika dancing. She is flexible in that she can hold a split and can kick straight up in the air yet it is as though they only move one way.

giphy.gif

SNLgirls28.gif

She did alright yesterday - I think she did better than Bonner and Nick. I am still rooting for her to at least stay long enough to beat Nene out of the HW that lasted the longest on DWTS

• Love 2

Sorry.................I am NOT a fan of Erica.  She has a chip on her shoulder for 'some' reason.  She IS cold, as Dorit puts it.   Erica thinks way too much of herself, as does everyone else.  This is a woman who did not raise her child, married a man for money, and now wants everyone to bow down to her.  The whole 'panty-gate' thing is ridiculous.  A "normal" female would NOT wear a short skirt or dress without underwear.  AND................................if they did, they would KEEP THEIR LEGS CLOSED.  End of story.   Also, to 'freak out' on Eileen who did not say anything 'mean', is absolutely ridiculous.  Erica's "straight face" look is very annoying.   She is not an approachable person as she seems to be very unapproachable.  Dorit is CORRECT in saying she is not easy to talk to or figure out.  Erica is NOT confident, she IS conceited!!   She, and only she, thinks she is above and beyond so many people.  

Erika Girardi Stage Name: Erika Jayne Age: 44  - Husband: Thomas Girardi, 75    REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????????

• Love 8
(edited)
On 4/1/2017 at 3:35 AM, Tararayne said:

Okay, so I am a little obsessed with Erika's "music" "career". I've been looking things up and watched her videos  And I have so many questions.

First of all, I kinda dig the idea of Erika Jayne. I like that she's over the top, I like the whole glamour sex kitten vibe. And I like that she's unafraid to do dance pop music being over 40. 

However, her songs are awful. And with her new exposure on RH, why would she put out a song like " Xxpensive"? She needs a universal club banger, something people want to sing along to, something like yes, "Tardy For The Party". Nobody wants to sing or relates to "it's expensive to be me". 

But anyway, back to my questions about her "career". It was my understanding that this is basically a vanity career entirely funded by her husband. But she was on the cover of Billboard magazine in 2012 and 2013. Can you pay to be on the cover of Billboard? And okay, she's had several number 1 singles on Billboard's Dance Club chart. But what does that even mean? From Wikipedia:

"The Dance Club Songs chart is a weekly national survey of the songs that are most popular in U.S. dance clubs. It is compiled by Billboard exclusively from playlists submitted by nightclub disc jockeys who must apply and meet certain criteria to become 'Billboard-reporting DJs.' "

So..does she get any money from that? It's just fascinating to me because she pays people like Flo Rida and Maino what I'm sure is a huge amount to guest on her songs, her videos are pretty high quality, she only does a few shows a year but she employs an army of dancers and a glam squad. 

A few of her videos: 

Party People (Ignite The World) - This is probably her catchiest and most mainstream type of song, but it's single handedly ruined by the Auto tune on literally every single note. She looks super hot. There's a point in the video where she and a bunch of girl dancers are leaning against a wall and it looks like they are about to tear up a dance break...but then nothing. 

Get It Tonight (with Flo Rida) - This is also ruined by all the auto tune. I'm talking Rebecca Black levels of auto tune. And take a shot for every time she flips her head in slow motion. 

Crazy (with Maino) - This could almost pass for like a legit music video. It's trying way too hard though. And the song is not great. 

I can't though with her house/trance or whatever songs, like "Painkiller". Those are even more terrible. 

But I'm just fascinated how this woman has basically bought this career. A career that would seem semi legit to an outsider. Aren't they referring to her as a "singer" or "pop star" on DWTS? And it seems her only "talent" is posing, swinging her hair, and trying to emulate the dance moves of a stripper  

The billboard cover links say advertisement in the corner…guessing she paid for an ad? If so that brings the bill even higher.  I'm  fascinated as well,  those features are not cheap and Crazy is produced by Scott Storch who in his peak was charging six figures per song and private plane accommodations (see Christina Aguilera beef lol).  And I think her MUA used to be JLo's. I'm sure Tom's  connections get him serious hook ups but still, she is operating as an A-list artist without the returns. 

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 6

For a self proclaimed "dancer and entertainer", Erika's moves are pretty basic and robotic. She is a one note tune. I actually feel kind of sorry for her. Take away the mansion, private jets, expensive clothes and all that, and underneath it all she is a lonely, insecure, uptight woman who has a lot of sadness and unsettled issues. Personally I don't think she gets any real love, affection, or sex from her marriage. Most mothers ( even the best ones) have at least some guilt and or regrets about their parenting - and not raising your own young child ( for whatever reason) has to be painful for her. 

Sure, Mr Girardi is a busy attorney, but, not being there for his wife's events speaks volumes about their relationship. 

Spending all that money on a carefully curated facade speaks more about what Erika probably isn't, than what she is. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Most mothers ( even the best ones) have at least some guilt and or regrets about their parenting - and not raising your own young child ( for whatever reason) has to be painful for her. 

Yes, but she dragged her own mother on to the show and talked about what an awful job she did raising Erika.  Instead of bonding over how difficult it can be to be a mother, Erika turned it into a poor Erika story.  She never said word one about what kind of mother she is or how her son might perceive her parenting skills.  Every focus has to be on Erika and either how fabulous she is or how she has been wronged.  I just can't take her shallow narcissism.

• Love 19
(edited)

The 45-year-old, who is currently starring on Season 24 of DWTS, released a new single, “XXPEN$IVE,” which is a tongue-in-cheek take on how much it costs to be her. “It’s a lot,” the RHOBH star reveals. “Maybe $40,000 a month on clothes, shoes, and accessories.

“But it’s all for work. I’m on television, this is what I do for a living,” she says. “It’s part of the job.”

Ok, so, maybe....What does Mikey cost? How about the other glam squad employees? 

Sorry, Tom. Waste of money. 

He must be the laughing stock of his peers. Erika makes comments about how the other lawyers wives don't like her. 

It's not that they don't like her. They just laugh at her.

And no, I don't hate Erika, I just think she is very mean and I feel second hand embarrassment for her and for Tom.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10

I love how she justifies this amount of money "because she's on TV and this is her job". . . So does this mean that she doesn't use the Glam Squad when she's not filming?  I doubt it.   It's not her job, it's her vanity.    I know Kyle does charitable work for LA Children's Hospital, Rinna for Angel Food, LVP for LBGTQ organizations, and animal rights.   So, with $40K a month on vanity, you'd think she could maybe get involved with something meaningful.   Eileen also doesn't seem to be involved with any type of charitable work.    When she helped out at Rinna's charity she looked so damn uncomfortable.  I'm sure Tom gives plenty, but it's about actually getting involved.   She could be a visible presence in the L.A. Police Memorial Fund - raising money for families of lost officers.  A good connection to her son.  But no, she's too busy being fawned over and told how fabulous she is. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Ericka did win an award for being a LBGTQ ally. So she must be doing something.

Erika was honored specifically as Entertainer of the Year per the article that you (I believe, apologies if I'm wrong) posted upthread. 

The text of that piece focused almost entirely on Gloria Allred and her accomplishments and initiatives.

It did not address any specifics of Erika's efforts or lack thereof vis a vis philanthropy; it just noted that she supports "equality." 

I have no idea if Erika contributes time or money to charities. But the distinction she received re the LGBTQ ally thing was specifically within the context of her as a performer.

Erika could just keep her involvement in such things on the QT but she is one of the only wives on this franchise who has never hosted an event on film related to or name checked philanthropic initiatives in her bio/interviews (has Eileen?). 

She did write a check to Project Angel Food from what I recall. 

1 hour ago, notnowimbusy said:

I love how she justifies this amount of money "because she's on TV and this is her job". . . So does this mean that she doesn't use the Glam Squad when she's not filming?  I doubt it.   It's not her job, it's her vanity.    I know Kyle does charitable work for LA Children's Hospital, Rinna for Angel Food, LVP for LBGTQ organizations, and animal rights.   So, with $40K a month on vanity, you'd think she could maybe get involved with something meaningful.   Eileen also doesn't seem to be involved with any type of charitable work.    When she helped out at Rinna's charity she looked so damn uncomfortable.  I'm sure Tom gives plenty, but it's about actually getting involved.   She could be a visible presence in the L.A. Police Memorial Fund - raising money for families of lost officers.  A good connection to her son.  But no, she's too busy being fawned over and told how fabulous she is. 

How DARE you disparage law enforcement officers! "Don't you EVER criticize that!"

• Love 7

Actually, she was honored specifically as "LGBTs In The News Ally Entertainer of 2015 in recognition of her ongoing support for the rights and equality of LGBT people around the world", as per the article. And does the distinction of her being an Entertainer Ally really matter or diminish what she did? And even if the article did focus on Allred, so what? Since it seems to matter to you, her name was mentioned in the headlines along with Allred's.  Also, so what if it was in the context of her being a performer? As a gay person, I don't give a shit what context she is doing it in, as long as she keep her support going.

Some people might just be more comfortable doing charity work on the QT, as you say.

For the record, Eileen was involved with a charity in the past, though I'm not sure if she is still involved with it currently.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Actually, she was honored specifically as "LGBTs In The News Ally Entertainer of 2015 in recognition of her ongoing support for the rights and equality of LGBT people around the world", as per the article. And does the distinction of her being an Entertainer Ally really matter or diminish what she did? And even if the article did focus on Allred, so what? Since it seems to matter to you, her name was mentioned in the headlines along with Allred's.  Also, so what if it was in the context of her being a performer? As a gay person, I don't give a shit what context she is doing it in, as long as she keep her support going.

Some people might just be more comfortable doing charity work on the QT, as you say.

For the record, Eileen was involved with a charity in the past, though I'm not sure if she is still involved with it currently.

You specifically cited that piece as evidence that "she must be doing something" substantive within the field of charity. 

My point is that being honored by a charity expressly for one's enumerated philanthropic initiatives (as Allred was) is by definition different from starting out with a specific taxonomy (Entertainers) for general "support." 

The article that you referenced listed definitive, concrete examples of why Allred was being honored among the public at large. It did not do the same with respect to Erika. 

So, as a gay person, I am uncertain what "it" is in the sentence, "I don't give a shit what context she is doing it in." Is she promoting awareness for transgender rights? Is she raising awareness about HIV statistics and prophylaxis drugs? 

As I noted before, she could be doing initiaves discreetly. But when the award is apparently symbolic of her altruism, I would like to know what expressly she is doing besides performing in gay dance clubs. 

• Love 6

At the end of the day, does it make a difference? I didn't realize there was a right and wrong way to do charity.

It did not do the same with respect to Erika. 

The organization itself felt like she should be honored. I wasn't aware she or the charity needed to present her bonafides or list each and every single thing she has done to deserve the award. They felt she deserved the honor.

I realize people don't like Ericka, but damn, the poor girl can't win. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, lunastartron said:

The article that you referenced listed definitive, concrete examples of why Allred was being honored among the public at large. It did not do the same with respect to Erika. 

That's up to the writer and, if applicable, editor to include. There are multiple editorial reasons as to why 1 person's efforts might be highlighted over another -- politics, word count, poor journalism skills to name a few. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AndySmith said:

At the end of the day, does it make a difference? I didn't realize there was a right and wrong way to do charity.

The organization itself felt like she should be honored. I wasn't aware she or the charity needed to present her bonafides or list each and every single thing she has done to deserve the award. They felt she deserved the honor.

I realize people don't like Ericka, but damn, the poor girl can't win. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

That happens to all of them. How many times has LisaV been taken to task for doing so much for dogs but not all animals or not for people (even though she has done many things on camera for people charities over the years). When viewers dislike a HW they tend to see few/none of their better qualities. LOL Heck, Lisa was taken to task when she was recognized by the LGBT community a couple of years ago, many here said she supported them only to make money off of them. As they say, "BEC" syndrome. LOL

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

That happens to all of them. How many times has LisaV been taken to task for doing so much for dogs but not all animals or not for people (even though she has done many things on camera for people charities over the years). When viewers dislike a HW they tend to see few/none of their better qualities. LOL Heck, Lisa was taken to task when she was recognized by the LGBT community a couple of years ago, many here said she supported them only to make money off of them. As they say, "BEC" syndrome. LOL

To me, there is a big difference between "Lisa is just doing all of this charity as narcissistic exercise" and "what, specifically, does Lisa do philanthropically because there's not significant documentation about her forays into charity?" 

1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

That's up to the writer and, if applicable, editor to include. There are multiple editorial reasons as to why 1 person's efforts might be highlighted over another -- politics, word count, poor journalism skills to name a few. 

The idea that Erika must be doing something philanthropic with respect to the gay community derived from that article. Sure, there are a lot of possible reasons (maybe one of the law association wives who dislike her actually penned the piece under a pseudonym in an effort to victimize her) why Erika's possible record of altruism might have possibly been edited out of the text. 

To me, the piece simply clearly doesn't establish that Erika has strived to raise money for causes that affect the LGBT population, promote awareness regarding issues that concern said demographic, or any of their other efforts conventionally ascribed to philanthropy. 

5 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Well, no, I would say that last paragraph is inaccurate as far as my point, which is: what exactly is it that Erika "does" in this context?

Neither the article nor the organization clarified. 

There is no right or wrong way to "do charity" but when we're discussing an honor as a reflection of the premise that "she must be doing something," it seems a reasonable question to ask what that "something" is. 

• Love 7

And that's just as wrong as well.

what exactly is it that Erika "does" in this context?

But why does she have prove or explain what she "does"? The organization decided she is doing something, and it was something worthy enough for them to give her an award. That should be good enough for most people.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lunastartron said:

(maybe one of the law association wives who dislike her actually penned the piece under a pseudonym in an effort to victimize her)

Maybe.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, AndySmith said:

But why does she have prove or explain what she "does"? The organization decided she is doing something, and it was something worthy enough for them to give her an award. That should be good enough for most people.

As I said before, you referenced this honor vis a vis the argument that Erika "must be doing something" philanthropic because she received it. There is no clarity on what "something" is. 

This is almost tautological: Erika must be doing something philanthropic because she received this recognition but why does anyone need to know what she was doing to receive that recognition? It should be good enough for most people that she was honored for something as a testament to her philanthropic involvement even if it's unclear whether she was being honored for philanthropic involvement.

SAG AFTRA is not a philanthropy. It is a labor union (although I believe it does operate an affiliated non-profit foundation). 

It is unclear what "ongoing support" constitutes. Is she receiving this recognition because she performs at Pride festivals? Because talent booking is not charity in the conventionally understood sense of the word.

To use an analogy, GLAAD could laud Ryan Murphy for including diverse arrays of LGBTQ characters in his shows and shepherding historically informative works like The Normal Heart to a tv audience. Those measures are important. But Murphy was paid for them; they aren't philanthropy. 

So, yeah, the organization decided she is "doing something" that it elected to acknowledge. Good for Erika and God bless. There's no specifics on what that something is. 

Which is salient to the premise that Erika "must be" working on behalf of charitable initiatives because she received the honor in question. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 10
(edited)

A letter has been sent to Tom and Ericka requesting a detailed and itemized summary of Ericka's contributions, and will be posted on here once I get it. As has one to the organization that honored Ericka.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

A letter has been sent to Tom and Ericka requesting a detailed and itemized summary of Ericka's contributions, and will be posted on here once I get it. As has one to the organization that honored Ericka.

LOL!!!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

It would probably be helpful to be able to cite some charities that Erika works with when your point is that she does all of this work to support LGBT philanthropies. 

But, hey, there's " no right and wrong way to do charity." 

Maybe charity doesn't even need to be a part of it. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Yep! Same as Rinna... 

Why would she have to sit through an hour long orientation/safety lecture if she had been helping in the kitchen for 20 years? She wouldn't. But we know she is doing something for her charity. Good enough for me. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Yep! Same as Rinna... 

Why would she have to sit through an hour long orientation/safety lecture if she had been helping in the kitchen for 20 years? She wouldn't. But we know she is doing something for her charity. Good enough for me. 

All I got from the intro by Harry was he was proud to introduce the "love of his life".  I do think it is beneficial to charities if celebs go to their dinners, bring in volunteers, make calls for funds and of course include the charity not once but twice on a reality show.  None of those are minimal contributions and it would be nice for those introducing the honoree to maybe be a bit more specific.  Not for my curiosity but to show being involved helps the charity at every level.  Rinna was nice enough on Twitter to announce that Erika and Kyle's level of giving was that of buying new vans for the project.  Which after her comment about Kyle, LVP and Dorit "not showing her respect" was pretty generous.  That comment from Rinna made me disrespect her as she was putting the herself over the charity and taking a shot at LVP both in that comment and not attending the dinner.   

So Erika has been very generous to Rinna's charity that has been noted.  She wrote a check that was large enough to be considered the equivalent of a delivery van.  Money is good, very good.

• Love 3
On 4/7/2017 at 0:19 PM, Normades said:

Yes, but she dragged her own mother on to the show and talked about what an awful job she did raising Erika.  Instead of bonding over how difficult it can be to be a mother, Erika turned it into a poor Erika story.  She never said word one about what kind of mother she is or how her son might perceive her parenting skills.  Every focus has to be on Erika and either how fabulous she is or how she has been wronged.  I just can't take her shallow narcissism.

Erika really put me off this season with her mother, the underwear and 'don't talk about my son'. It seemed like a conscious effort to blacklist others in order to give herself a storyline. I am not looking forward to her self-victimization at the reunion.

I find these women who clearly wanted fame their whole lives end up being the most infuriating to watch. Erika, Jill, Bethenny, Kim Z. I feel like any time they're challenged they become so shrill; it's like their whole world could slip away. 

• Love 10

oy....there really is something wrong with her limbs!!!!

You know how people talk about lockjaw? Some bizarre thing happens to EJ's knees.

Arrggggg...I think she'll b safe this week but next week might be adios.....Ahhhhhhh....I want her to beat Nene

28 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

oy....there really is something wrong with her limbs!!!!

You know how people talk about lockjaw? Some bizarre thing happens to EJ's knees.

Arrggggg...I think she'll b safe this week but next week might be adios.....Ahhhhhhh....I want her to beat Nene

She's not very good at all (I am trying to be kind here)! Even when she is in full EJ mode, lip singing 1 of her songs on stage (Greece/SD concerts), she is stiff, basically all she does on stage is prance around patting herself time to time, she does not dance and it shows big time on DWtS. No Tom again tonight but Mikey and her glam squad were in attendance.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I like PK.  He's not annoying to me 

Having said that, I'm willing to get rid of him if in return, I never have to see the Glam Squad on the show either.

AMEN!!!!    I (waiting for bricks to be thrown my way) don't find him annoying.  Dorit clearly loves him, despite his pudgy looks, and he wanted to be there for her.  You can bet that Mauricio would have done the same thing for Kyle.   And, I suspect had Tom been there, and felt that she was being ganged up on, he would have done the same.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

April 10th Erika Jayne appearance on Ellen...clip starts at the 4 minute mark

They performed their week 1 dance - much better here than on DWTS

I don't watch DWTS anymore so thanks for posting this. She's good. She's  a bit stiff in some of her moves and mushy in others (sounds contradictory, I know -- it's like she needs to be crisper yet more flexible) so maybe she'll improve if she sticks around. She works well with her partner. 

Edited by steelcitysister

This is a story about Erika talking about her son and husband.  She refuses to divulge details as to her son's upbringing just that apparently husband and son are cheering her on from home. 

• Love 1