Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika was on Jenny McCarthy and revealed the producers left a fairly crucial part of Teddi's accusation towards Erika out of the scene.  According to Erika it wasn't just "pretend amnesia".  I would like for the producers to just once not work over time on shading the narrative.

More to the Story: Some viewers were left questioning Erika's severe outburst at Teddi earlier in the season. According to Erika, however, there was more to the story. "At the table with Teddi, she said you have pretend amnesia and you're a flip-flopper. You didn't hear the word flip-flopper did you? Perhaps that's why you see why I was a little bit more angry than what you saw," she explained. "I'm not aggressive. If that's aggressive, that's a one sentence in New York City. That is nothing on Atlanta. But here, I'm aggressive? No babe, no."

Last year before they went to Hong Kong, they had the obligatory pre-trip set up for apologies to LVP at Kyle's store.  Lisa Rinna wasn't there and LVP was so wanting for there to be an opportunity for Eileen and she "to clear the air" and was holding the Hong Kong invites over the others' heads.  Erika took it upon herself to "invite" Eileen and apparently Eden was included as well.  I appreciated Erika got the obligatory apology out of the way, as we all know, the trip is pretty much a given-except the year Carlton was not included.  Teddi saying she was looking forward to going with her "friends", Kyle and LVP.  If history repeats itself, Joyce's only friends were Kyle and LVP and she didn't get asked back.  At this point Teddi had only known LVP and Kyle for three months.  Teddi better pray there isn't another riff between Kyle and LVP.

Did they clip out the flip flopper part of Erica's response too? Because she didn't mention it there. Given what went down last year and Dorit's constant "amnesia" I can see why Erica wouldn't like the dig. But even with the addition of flip flopper, Erica's reaction was over the top and it wasn't what she said,  but the intensity and rage with which she said it. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 15

She full on admits to having no female friends.  Not surprised, and the "queens" are all on the payroll.

"Can I be honest with you? I don't think there's anybody in my life that I would recommend the show to. They've often asked me, 'Do you have friends?' or something like that and the answer is no. I think it's a very specific thing and I hang out with queens only, so there you go."

http://toofab.com/2018/03/23/erika-jayne-real-housewives-gay-couple-exclusive/

• Love 10
1 minute ago, snarts said:

She full on admits to having no female friends.  Not surprised, and the "queens" are all on the payroll.

http://toofab.com/2018/03/23/erika-jayne-real-housewives-gay-couple-exclusive/

Of course she has no friends. For sure,  hire a gay couple and get rid of her. Beyond everything else,  I like watching the women interact with their families and partners,  Mr. Giardi and she don't have any genuine interactions together,  I get why her police officer son needs to be kept off air and we've seen her one or two times with her Mom,  and that is full of her complaining about her childhood.

I think Erica may be too shallow for The Real Housewives. Wow. 

• Love 24
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Erika left her son back in NY with his dad, her ex husband, not her mother and I call BS on her claim of going back once a month, she was a waitress, so I doubt she could afford to fly home once a year let alone once a month. 

Yeah.  Does anyone know when she actually married Tom G?  I saw one post that had her marrying him when her son was six?  How old was her son when she left him to pursue her career in La because it was too stressful being a single mom in NYC.  Cause, yeah, there's no opportunities for an 'entertainer' in NY? 

Don't get me wrong.  It's very nice that her son is now living with her.  His happiness is my biggest concern because I don't think it was the happiest of childhoods.  But....I wouldn't doubt that TG pulled some strings to help him get into the LAPD.  I'm not saying he's not a good police officer.  I'm in no position to judge that.  It's just 'interesting'.  In any event, I can't stand Erika but I do hope her son is happy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Did they clip out the flip flopper part of Erica's response too? Because she didn't mention it there. Given what went down last year and Dorit's constant "amnesia" I can see why Erica wouldn't like the dig. But even with the addition of flip flopper, Erica's reaction was over the top and it wasn't what she said,  but the intensity and rage with which she said it. 

I doubt we would see Erika responding to "flip flopper" if the producers cut it.  

Dorit didn't really have constant amnesia.  Saying one doesn't remember something the way the speaker is relaying the conversation can be just a polite way of saying-you are incorrect.  That is what Dorit was trying to convey-she did not recall it the way the speaker presented it.   What Teddi was saying Erika said and 100% said it, was not really verbatim what Erika said.  Erika even said she may have said it.  Even after watching the episode Teddi is still claiming she was quoting Erika accurately.  

What was interesting to me is Erika is basically saying she has nothing to be sorry for.  I wasn't as taken back as say LVP was, as this is not unique behavior for Erika.  Before Erika snapped at Eileen (for which she has apologized and said she was wrong) she behaved the same way to Kathryn and  Dorit on several occasions and doubled down at the Reunion and  in my view Erika and Rinna embarrassed themselves with their often vulgar and coarse delivery.  

I don't think Teddi realized the history of mistrust and dislike between Rinna and LVP.  I mean she obviously elected not to tell Kyle and LVP about Erika, Camille and Rinna talking and agreeing about LVP being competitive.  Teddi should have had a clue by the time they went for drinks how these women talk to each other.  Kyle was ten times worse than Erika when she went off on both Dorit and LVP in NYC.  It would seem to me, if I had been at the receiving end of Erika's mistreatment on several occasions, I would either choose my words carefully or just pick my battles more carefully.  Miss Accountability decided she needed to come clean about her telling Rinna-something she has been  all over Dorit about for weeks for doing.    Erika on the other hand has been giving us some pretty direct comments about how she feels about LVP and the others' behavior.

Then again I don't get how one can swear at someone, cry and carry on and be absolved of said behavior because one is emotional.  I guess it was because I was raised to be accountable.   

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Yeah.  Does anyone know when she actually married Tom G?  I saw one post that had her marrying him when her son was six?  How old was her son when she left him to pursue her career in La because it was too stressful being a single mom in NYC.  Cause, yeah, there's no opportunities for an 'entertainer' in NY? 

Don't get me wrong.  It's very nice that her son is now living with her.  His happiness is my biggest concern because I don't think it was the happiest of childhoods.  But....I wouldn't doubt that TG pulled some strings to help him get into the LAPD.  I'm not saying he's not a good police officer.  I'm in no position to judge that.  It's just 'interesting'.  In any event, I can't stand Erika but I do hope her son is happy.

I believe Erika got pregnant with the  boy at 20 years of age, left for California when he was three.  I am doing the Erika math here-the kid would have been born in  '92.  Erika and Tom married in '99.  Erika knew Tom a year before they went out and there was an engagement period so I would think the kid was six or seven when they got married.   In 1995 and 1996 she is credited with acting roles.

I can't find the article but I believe her son went to a private military type school.  He moved to LA in 2014, his father had been living in Las Vegas for a couple of years.   At least her son didn't get into any trouble with the law.  LAPD has an on going recruitment program.  I think you have to be 21 to join the force as police officer.

Erika's mom said on DWTS Erika left NYC to pursue opportunities with a girl group she was performing with at the time.      

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I doubt we would see Erika responding to "flip flopper" if the producers cut it.  

Dorit didn't really have constant amnesia.  Saying one doesn't remember something the way the speaker is relaying the conversation can be just a polite way of saying-you are incorrect.  That is what Dorit was trying to convey-she did not recall it the way the speaker presented it.   What Teddi was saying Erika said and 100% said it, was not really verbatim what Erika said.  Erika even said she may have said it.  Even after watching the episode Teddi is still claiming she was quoting Erika accurately.  

What was interesting to me is Erika is basically saying she has nothing to be sorry for.  I wasn't as taken back as say LVP was, as this is not unique behavior for Erika.  Before Erika snapped at Eileen (for which she has apologized and said she was wrong) she behaved the same way to Kathryn and  Dorit on several occasions and doubled down at the Reunion and  in my view Erika and Rinna embarrassed themselves with their often vulgar and coarse delivery.  

I don't think Teddi realized the history of mistrust and dislike between Rinna and LVP.  I mean she obviously elected not to tell Kyle and LVP about Erika, Camille and Rinna talking and agreeing about LVP being competitive.  Teddi should have had a clue by the time they went for drinks how these women talk to each other.  Kyle was ten times worse than Erika when she went off on both Dorit and LVP in NYC.  It would seem to me, if I had been at the receiving end of Erika's mistreatment on several occasions, I would either choose my words carefully or just pick my battles more carefully.  Miss Accountability decided she needed to come clean about her telling Rinna-something she has been  all over Dorit about for weeks for doing.    Erika on the other hand has been giving us some pretty direct comments about how she feels about LVP and the others' behavior.

Then again I don't get how one can swear at someone, cry and carry on and be absolved of said behavior because one is emotional.  I guess it was because I was raised to be accountable.   

I think everyone but LVP is guilty of this to one extent or another,  but Kyle was incredibly obnoxious, though Dorit's rapey apology to LVP was legit freaky. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

He was 3 years old when she left.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I suspect that Lisa was taken aback at the amount of venom/emotion coming from "no F's to give" Erika because most times, Erika is rather emotionless unless someone is paying her a compliment. 

Lisa let Teddi know that she/Rinna had had difficulties when Dorit introduced her to Teddi, so I do think Teddi knew and that's why she said nothing to her about Rinna's/Erika's competitive comment.

I have to question the "flip flopper" accusation made by Erika, IMO, the only way Teddi would have called her that is if Erika responded that she would "not" have been upset/hurt/angry if someone did that to her after Teddi said Erika had "pretend amnesia" and I really don't see production editing that out!  So, once again, I call BS on an Erika story, much like her BS about flying to NY "every month" to see her son when she was a waitress and her BS story that she went to Yolanda/David for advice on her music career before she joined the show and that is when Yolanda asked her to join the cast. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 13

I believe Erika got pregnant with the  boy at 20 years of age, left for California when he was three.  I am doing the Erika math here-the kid would have been born in  '92.  Erika and Tom married in '99.  Erika knew Tom a year before they went out and there was an engagement period so I would think the kid was six or seven when they got married.   In 1995 and 1996 she is credited with acting roles.

I can't find the article but I believe her son went to a private military type school.  He moved to LA in 2014, his father had been living in Las Vegas for a couple of years.   At least her son didn't get into any trouble with the law.  LAPD has an on going recruitment program.  I think you have to be 21 to join the force as police officer.

Erika's mom said on DWTS Erika left NYC to pursue opportunities with a girl group she was performing with at the time.      

Thanks for the info.  I do it find it hard to believe that Erika was flying back to NY for every event and most weekends before she married Tom and maybe afterwards.  Even if Tom owned a plane.  She may have had some acting credits but I don't think they were enough to support what she is saying.  Maybe I just can't get over the fact that she left her child to follow her dream of being an actor/entertainer with the premise of providing a better life for her child.  Especially given the fact that there is plenty of this opportunity in NYC.

Don't get me wrong.  I totally understand situations when one parent has to travel or be deployed for periods of time and the vast majority of them do it because of giving their children a better life.  The difference is Erika just left to pursue something for herself as opposed to someone who has a job and it's part of the job.  Add to that, Erika's statement about  being a single parent was just too stressful.  So, she left her child's father to handle that.  There's something about her that is very cold.....icy.  And I don't mean diamonds.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I have to question the "flip flopper" accusation made by Erika, IMO, the only way Teddi would have called her that is if Erika responded that she would "not" have been upset/hurt/angry if someone did that to her after Teddi said Erika had "pretend amnesia" and I really don't see production editing that out!  So, once again, I call BS on an Erika story, much like her BS about flying to NY "every month" to see her son when she was a waitress and her BS story that she went to Yolanda/David for advice on her music career before she joined the show and that is when Yolanda asked her to join the cast. LOL

The thing that seems off to me about it is that Teddi was claiming to be "confused" about her pretend amnesia - so calling her a flip-flopper doesn't seem to fit in with that scenario - if Teddi were going to call her that outright she couldn't claim to be confused.  Or could she?  It doesn't seem to fit in my mind :)

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

It doesn't seem to fit in my mind :)

Nor in my mind...non sequitur ;) and the thing is that EJ is playing her part. She’s too obvious and not fun anymore.

• Love 6

I think I need to watch it again.  I saw Erika tell Tedi  across the table don't ever say that about her, don't do that, but I didn't think it was that bad at all.  She was far less aggressive than at least 20 other Housewives.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Thanks for the info.  I do it find it hard to believe that Erika was flying back to NY for every event and most weekends before she married Tom and maybe afterwards.  Even if Tom owned a plane.  She may have had some acting credits but I don't think they were enough to support what she is saying.  Maybe I just can't get over the fact that she left her child to follow her dream of being an actor/entertainer with the premise of providing a better life for her child.  Especially given the fact that there is plenty of this opportunity in NYC.

Don't get me wrong.  I totally understand situations when one parent has to travel or be deployed for periods of time and the vast majority of them do it because of giving their children a better life.  The difference is Erika just left to pursue something for herself as opposed to someone who has a job and it's part of the job.  Add to that, Erika's statement about  being a single parent was just too stressful.  So, she left her child's father to handle that.  There's something about her that is very cold.....icy.  And I don't mean diamonds.

I think for a lot of people (myself included) it's just really, really hard to understand and relate to a mom leaving her three year old for any reason.  Speaking for myself, when my kid was three, I could go about three hours without him before I started jonesing. If my husband took him out somewhere I'd be phoning, all casual, like "Hey, how's it going? When are you guys coming home?" But, I also won't judge her decision because what works for some people doesn't work for others, and I don't know all the details. It's quite possible Erika believed she was doing the best for her son by leaving. And maybe she was.  

8 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I think I need to watch it again.  I saw Erika tell Tedi  across the table don't ever say that about her, don't do that, but I didn't think it was that bad at all.  She was far less aggressive than at least 20 other Housewives.  

The "Let's not talk about the husband" reaction immediately springs to mind.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I suspect that Lisa was taken aback at the amount of venom/emotion coming from "no F's to give" Erika because most times, Erika is rather emotionless unless someone is paying her a compliment. 

Lisa let Teddi know that she/Rinna had had difficulties when Dorit introduced her to Teddi, so I do think Teddi knew and that's why she said nothing to her about Rinna's/Erika's competitive comment.

To me, from watching the show, Erika has had several displays of being "curt", aggressive and off the chain.  Dorit, PK, LVP, Kathryn, Eileen have all experienced and LVP has witnessed it.  I like LVP but I do think she is a little overboard in the protection of her Teddi-Bear.  Erika has previously expressed via talking heads her views on LVP and I don't think Erika has ever gotten rid of Erika's initial impression of LVP.

Had LVP just stuck with what Dorit had told her in the park about Dorit hearing LVP didn't receive affection as a child and needed attention as an adult and LVP correcting her, and the jealous of Kyle thing-I don't think it would have been a big deal.  It was Kyle who amped it up, and Erika knew it, Rinna knew it, Dorit knew it.  To me, and apparently Erika, it seems kind of stupid to be offended on another's behalf and do a peremptory  castigation of the offender.   Erika asked Kyle to stop. Now Teddi, Camille and Kyle are telling LVP she should be upset and hurt.  I think it makes LVP sound petty and stupid to be upset over someone stating she might be jealous of the person having a connection with Kyle.   Right on par with Kyle accusing LVP of being jealous of the Taylor and Kyle friendship.  And the remarkable similarity where Kyle was the one saying something truly offensive about LVP (she preys on the weak).  Erika knows these women had more to say about her than they copped to and she was taking the high road and saying drop it.  Just like Teddi not mentioning what Rinna and Camille had to say about LVP being "competitive", they also left out the part where Dorit was about 30 seconds into a requested narrative of events, when Erika stopped Dorit and asked what was said, and Teddi jumped in and did the "weird" thing again.  Teddi and Camille conveniently left out it was a rub between Teddi and Erika.  Kyle was more concerned about Erika being mad at her than reality.  Kyle put on a big show and it was beyond lame.

As to Erika making up the "flip flopper" Erika's talking head indicates she was angry about being accused of lying because she did not have "the balls" to stand true.  Essentially that is what Teddi was saying, Dorit said she had a conversation with both Rinna and Erika, they didn't have the same take Teddi did and then Teddi accused Erika of lying or more politely flip flopping.  I didn't think it was Teddi best challenge.   I was Team Rinna on this one-leave it alone.

My husband reminded me in the mid-nineties it was fairly common to get air fare specials for $100.00 from LA to NY.  Erika really only had to struggle with that for a couple of years.  What Erika said she did twenty years ago and introducing flip flopper are kind of miles apart for me.  

• Love 1

To me, from watching the show, Erika has had several displays of being "curt", aggressive and off the chain.  Dorit, PK, LVP, Kathryn, Eileen have all experienced and LVP has witnessed it.  I like LVP but I do think she is a little overboard in the protection of her Teddi-Bear.  Erika has previously expressed via talking heads her views on LVP and I don't think Erika has ever gotten rid of Erika's initial impression of LVP.

Had LVP just stuck with what Dorit had told her in the park about Dorit hearing LVP didn't receive affection as a child and needed attention as an adult and LVP correcting her, and the jealous of Kyle thing-I don't think it would have been a big deal.  It was Kyle who amped it up, and Erika knew it, Rinna knew it, Dorit knew it.  To me, and apparently Erika, it seems kind of stupid to be offended on another's behalf and do a peremptory  castigation of the offender.   Erika asked Kyle to stop. Now Teddi, Camille and Kyle are telling LVP she should be upset and hurt.  I think it makes LVP sound petty and stupid to be upset over someone stating she might be jealous of the person having a connection with Kyle.   Right on par with Kyle accusing LVP of being jealous of the Taylor and Kyle friendship.  And the remarkable similarity where Kyle was the one saying something truly offensive about LVP (she preys on the weak).  Erika knows these women had more to say about her than they copped to and she was taking the high road and saying drop it.  Just like Teddi not mentioning what Rinna and Camille had to say about LVP being "competitive", they also left out the part where Dorit was about 30 seconds into a requested narrative of events, when Erika stopped Dorit and asked what was said, and Teddi jumped in and did the "weird" thing again.  Teddi and Camille conveniently left out it was a rub between Teddi and Erika.  Kyle was more concerned about Erika being mad at her than reality.  Kyle put on a big show and it was beyond lame.

As to Erika making up the "flip flopper" Erika's talking head indicates she was angry about being accused of lying because she did not have "the balls" to stand true.  Essentially that is what Teddi was saying, Dorit said she had a conversation with both Rinna and Erika, they didn't have the same take Teddi did and then Teddi accused Erika of lying or more politely flip flopping.  I didn't think it was Teddi best challenge.   I was Team Rinna on this one-leave it alone.

My husband reminded me in the mid-nineties it was fairly common to get air fare specials for $100.00 from LA to NY.  Erika really only had to struggle with that for a couple of years.  What Erika said she did twenty years ago and introducing flip flopper are kind of miles apart for me.  

I suspect that Lisa knew Dorit wasn't telling her everything when they were in the park and she was right, Dorit left out a lot of what she said, she down played it (as did Kyle). 

Erika claims that Teddi said both, not that she implied but that she actually said pretend amnesia and flip flopper and that production edited out flip flopper which is what I call BS on. If Teddi went that far, it means that Erika did say something different from what she said in NY and there is no way production would have edited that out.

Yes, you could get fairly cheap flights at times back then but Erika also had LA living expenses to pay on her waitress salary, I don't see her being able to fly back to NY each month on top of that. I used that as an example of how she BS's us with her carefully rewritten narrative, just like how she went to her good friend Yolanda to seek David's advise about her "music career" before she joined the show and that is when they asked her to join the HW show. In other words, she can't keep her "stories" straight. LOL

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Jel said:

" But, I also won't judge her decision because what works for some people doesn't work for others, and I don't know all the details. It's quite possible Erika believed she was doing the best for her son by leaving. And maybe she was.  

Thank you. Maybe Erika realized she wasn't emotionally equipped for motherhood -- it happens-- and the boy's father could and did give him a stable home life. Whatever, it worked for them. If her son writes a tell-all of his torment at her leaving we can revisit but until then...

8 hours ago, BBHN said:

Danielle topped that when the NJ HWs went to Milan last season.

What's this, what's this?!?!?

• Love 4

Erika may not have felt equipped for motherhood and decided to let her ex husband have full custody but that doesn't explain why she moved across the country to pursue a career that she could have just as easily pursued in NY, close to her child.  That just doesn't pass muster with me for a parent.  I think the reality was that she was young, too young to be a parent, and decided that what she wanted was more important than her responsibility as a parent.  Thankfully, her son's father stepped up to the plate. 

Again, I just hope her son is happy.  I can't imagine what it would be like to be a police officer and be Erika Jane's son.  I don't think it's easy.

• Love 8

I thought the biggest critique about Erica's choices as a mother had to do with the fact that she puts so much focus on her life as  "single mother." When I hear someone is a single parent, I assume that this parent is assuming at least half of the parental responsibilities.  It doesn't sound like she was doing that--at least not in the physical sense.

If it worked for them and her son then good but she's not going to get my "must be tough being a single mother/father" sympathies.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I suspect that Lisa knew Dorit wasn't telling her everything when they were in the park and she was right, Dorit left out a lot of what she said, she down played it (as did Kyle). 

Erika claims that Teddi said both, not that she implied but that she actually said pretend amnesia and flip flopper and that production edited out flip flopper which is what I call BS on. If Teddi went that far, it means that Erika did say something different from what she said in NY and there is no way production would have edited that out.

Yes, you could get fairly cheap flights at times back then but Erika also had LA living expenses to pay on her waitress salary, I don't see her being able to fly back to NY each month on top of that. I used that as an example of how she BS's us with her carefully rewritten narrative, just like how she went to her good friend Yolanda to seek David's advise about her "music career" before she joined the show and that is when they asked her to join the HW show. In other words, she can't keep her "stories" straight. LOL

What was it exactly that Dorit said that was so bad about LVP?  I have watched the clip a dozen times and they keep showing it and essentially all she said is LVP may get jealous when she talks to Kyle.  I did not get where that was the end of all or all that out of line or even worth mentioning to Kyle let alone LVP.    I am speaking about the night at dinner in NYC with Teddi, Camille, Erika and Rinna.   I am not getting the everything.  What Dorit didn't say to the others is that LVP was needy or insecure that was Kyle making shit up.  Here is the scene:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/episode-10/videos/lisa-vanderpump-will-be-very-hurt-by  I just don't think LVP would have been upset.  The way Kyle laid it was just such an aberration. The next scene is worse:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/episode-10/videos/what-will-happen-to-kyle-and-lisas

I am going to take Erika at her word Teddi called her a flip flopper as Erika has said she lost her temper and she doesn't owe Teddi and apology.  I have been proven wrong too many times when they show the extended version.  

First off I doubt Erika went every 7-10 to NYC days but whatever.  While she was working as a waitress she also did two movies so maybe her waitress salary was supplemented.  

Erika double downs on the dropping by the Fosters in her book.  Erika's story is she was ready to pull the plug on the Erika Jayne show and she and Tom went to the Fosters (I am thinking they wanted David to producer Erika-but after watching the scene where Yolanda asks David to listen to Erika's CD-he looked like would rather be buried in manure up to his neck than listen to Erika Jayne) and out of the blue Yolanda suggests the RHOBH.  Then she goes into how Tom didn't even read the contract just told her to sign it.  Once Erika added those details it made more sense that of course David Foster thought RHOBH was a better fit than Erika Jayne's music.   

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What was it exactly that Dorit said that was so bad about LVP?  I have watched the clip a dozen times and they keep showing it and essentially all she said is LVP may get jealous when she talks to Kyle.  I did not get where that was the end of all or all that out of line or even worth mentioning to Kyle let alone LVP.    I am speaking about the night at dinner in NYC with Teddi, Camille, Erika and Rinna.   I am not getting the everything.  What Dorit didn't say to the others is that LVP was needy or insecure that was Kyle making shit up.  Here is the scene:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/episode-10/videos/lisa-vanderpump-will-be-very-hurt-by  I just don't think LVP would have been upset.  The way Kyle laid it was just such an aberration. The next scene is worse:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/episode-10/videos/what-will-happen-to-kyle-and-lisas

I am going to take Erika at her word Teddi called her a flip flopper as Erika has said she lost her temper and she doesn't owe Teddi and apology.  I have been proven wrong too many times when they show the extended version.  

First off I doubt Erika went every 7-10 to NYC days but whatever.  While she was working as a waitress she also did two movies so maybe her waitress salary was supplemented.  

Erika double downs on the dropping by the Fosters in her book.  Erika's story is she was ready to pull the plug on the Erika Jayne show and she and Tom went to the Fosters (I am thinking they wanted David to producer Erika-but after watching the scene where Yolanda asks David to listen to Erika's CD-he looked like would rather be buried in manure up to his neck than listen to Erika Jayne) and out of the blue Yolanda suggests the RHOBH.  Then she goes into how Tom didn't even read the contract just told her to sign it.  Once Erika added those details it made more sense that of course David Foster thought RHOBH was a better fit than Erika Jayne's music.   

Dorit failed to mention that she thought Lisa was jealous of her/Kyles friendship and she failed to mention the comment about Lisa's childhood to Lisa when they were in the park. She pretty much downplayed her comments to Lisa that day. It wasn't until they had their 1 on 1 right before Dorit's party that she mentions the childhood comment and Lisa corrected her because Lisa never told Dorit that and Lisa found out, from Dorit, that Kyle had also been talking about her after she left them (Dorit/Kyle). That was a lot for anyone to process and I don't fault Lisa for not calling either of them out the night of Dorit's party. For some reason, Kyle and Dorit are fighting over Lisa and it has morphed into Lisa's fault when the blame lies with both Kyle and Dorit for playing that game. 

You may take Erika at her word but I don't. She has played the "I don't remember" card before to get out of owning up to nasty things she has said in the past. 

Her movie pay would not have been very much, it's not like she had some starring role in either movie. LOL She is exaggerating how often she saw her son before she married Tom, for some reason she just can't be honest. "Single mom" my ass. 

This story about Erika going to Yolanda/David for advice differs from the story they told when Erika first joined the show. Erika was such a good friend to Yolanda that she never met any of Yolanda's kids, Gigi had never met Tom even though she was interested in getting a criminal psychology degree back then and Yolanda didn't even know what type of music Erika sang. LOL 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

What's this, what's this?!?!?

What happened in Milan?  I couldn't take Siggy anymore so I quit watching.

Danielle made Lisa R proud lol Skip ahead to the 3 minute mark...

She has played the "I don't remember" card before to get out of owning up to nasty things she has said in the past. 

Which would make her just like all the other HWs LOL

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Dorit failed to mention that she thought Lisa was jealous of her/Kyles friendship and she failed to mention the comment about Lisa's childhood to Lisa when they were in the park. She pretty much downplayed her comments to Lisa that day. It wasn't until they had their 1 on 1 right before Dorit's party that she mentions the childhood comment and Lisa corrected her because Lisa never told Dorit that and Lisa found out, from Dorit, that Kyle had also been talking about her after she left them (Dorit/Kyle). That was a lot for anyone to process and I don't fault Lisa for not calling either of them out the night of Dorit's party. For some reason, Kyle and Dorit are fighting over Lisa and it has morphed into Lisa's fault when the blame lies with both Kyle and Dorit for playing that game. 

You may take Erika at her word but I don't. She has played the "I don't remember" card before to get out of owning up to nasty things she has said in the past. 

Her movie pay would not have been very much, it's not like she had some starring role in either movie. LOL She is exaggerating how often she saw her son before she married Tom, for some reason she just can't be honest. "Single mom" my ass. 

This story about Erika going to Yolanda/David for advice differs from the story they told when Erika first joined the show. Erika was such a good friend to Yolanda that she never met any of Yolanda's kids, Gigi had never met Tom even though she was interested in getting a criminal psychology degree back then and Yolanda didn't even know what type of music Erika sang. LOL 

Dorit never told the other women about the LVP childhood comment-she told Kyle. LVP had made the comment twice on camera.  Kyle presented it as if Dorit told the group that night at dinner-Dorit did not.  Kyle twice said Dorit told the group she was needy, insecure and jealous.  Dorit just didn't and neither Camille or Teddi said anything about being needy or insecure.  Then Kyle went on about the Erika thing saying she never said anything bad about Erika and Dorit was blowing it up.  Kyle then concluded Dorit was a bad friend.  Dorit admitted to it in the park and LVP told her it was not so and then Dorit began jumping up and down like the Energizer bunny.  Dorit admitted to what she and Kyle talked about after LVP left the restaurant and she and LVP agreed it was negative.  LVP said she had settled with Kyle at the beach house.  Dorit also mentioned how LVP had told her about leaving her out when Dorit was around other people and LVP agreed Dorit did that and she had told her that.  It is all in the park scene. What is odd is at Dorit's magazine cover party Teddi tells LVP Dorit didn't say anything malicious and that Dorit is not a malicious person-she was asked for the narrative and likes to tell the story.  Kyle was near tears telling Erika she heard that Dorit had blamed her for all that did not happen at the beach house.  Although in her talking heads she claimed first it was okay to talk about a friend as long as it didn't get back to them and then she admitted to being annoyed at Erika.  Erika and LVP were the only ones that were being somewhat considerate of Dorit and it being her big night, while the others talked crap about her during her event.  I never blamed LVP, she did not want to bring it up to Dorit that night and told Kyle so. The fault is clearly and solely on Kyle.  Kyle acted like an idiot and for her demand apologies from anyone was ridiculous.  

Did Erika play the don't remember card when confronted about carrying tales back and forth to Yolanda?  I think she flat out denied it, then admitted it the next day.  Again I don't think Erika was vested in the argument the way Kyle presented it and when asked by LVP if she would be hurt-Erika avoided answering LVP. What I saw was Erika trying to prevent an argument not once but three times that night.  She tried to get Kyle to stop going after Dorit and LVP, she avoided LVP's question, and she insisted Dorit go on the bus and told Dorit not to talk.  

When they went for drinks in LA Erika said she 100% agreed with Teddi's account of the story when told to LVP-there was nothing about LVP's feelings nor did it include LVP telling Teddi she talked too much.  I believe Teddi was combining two different parts of conversations and Erika did say said she may have said it.  She never denied anything.  I don't see the upside for Erika inventing the flip flopper comment.  

Again I know what I made back in the mid-90s and $200.00 a month would not have put me in the poorhouse.  That would be two cross-country tips.  Erika had to making at least $100 a night in tips and would have been paid at least a couple thousand dollars for each movie at scale.  I cannot dispute how often she saw the kid and she was with Tom for a period of time before she married him.  What I disliked about Erika's initial disclosure is I assumed she had the child with her and was working to support him and provide for him.  My definition of single mom and what Erika purported to be doing were at odds.  So because I disagree with her usage of the term single mom, I want to poke holes in the rest of her explanation.  Problem is it was over 20 years ago and everyone involved and with first hand knowledge has probably faded.  

I have always thought it was Mikey that got Erika the in on RHOBH.  I know at one time Erika was pissy with LVP and maybe Kathryn for questioning the friendship between she and Yolanda. Maybe being called a liar or doubting her is her trigger. I still believe that Tom and Erika knew the Fosters socially as in had met before at some fundraisers.  I am thinking Erika and Tom were seeking to have David produce Erika Jayne or maybe Erika wanted to get on RHOBH and used the slight social connection as a foot in the door with Yolanda.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Dorit never told the other women about the LVP childhood comment-she told Kyle. LVP had made the comment twice on camera.  Kyle presented it as if Dorit told the group that night at dinner-Dorit did not.  Kyle twice said Dorit told the group she was needy, insecure and jealous.  Dorit just didn't and neither Camille or Teddi said anything about being needy or insecure.  Then Kyle went on about the Erika thing saying she never said anything bad about Erika and Dorit was blowing it up.  Kyle then concluded Dorit was a bad friend.  Dorit admitted to it in the park and LVP told her it was not so and then Dorit began jumping up and down like the Energizer bunny.  Dorit admitted to what she and Kyle talked about after LVP left the restaurant and she and LVP agreed it was negative.  LVP said she had settled with Kyle at the beach house.  Dorit also mentioned how LVP had told her about leaving her out when Dorit was around other people and LVP agreed Dorit did that and she had told her that.  It is all in the park scene. What is odd is at Dorit's magazine cover party Teddi tells LVP Dorit didn't say anything malicious and that Dorit is not a malicious person-she was asked for the narrative and likes to tell the story.  Kyle was near tears telling Erika she heard that Dorit had blamed her for all that did not happen at the beach house.  Although in her talking heads she claimed first it was okay to talk about a friend as long as it didn't get back to them and then she admitted to being annoyed at Erika.  Erika and LVP were the only ones that were being somewhat considerate of Dorit and it being her big night, while the others talked crap about her during her event.  I never blamed LVP, she did not want to bring it up to Dorit that night and told Kyle so. The fault is clearly and solely on Kyle.  Kyle acted like an idiot and for her demand apologies from anyone was ridiculous.  

Did Erika play the don't remember card when confronted about carrying tales back and forth to Yolanda?  I think she flat out denied it, then admitted it the next day.  Again I don't think Erika was vested in the argument the way Kyle presented it and when asked by LVP if she would be hurt-Erika avoided answering LVP. What I saw was Erika trying to prevent an argument not once but three times that night.  She tried to get Kyle to stop going after Dorit and LVP, she avoided LVP's question, and she insisted Dorit go on the bus and told Dorit not to talk.  

When they went for drinks in LA Erika said she 100% agreed with Teddi's account of the story when told to LVP-there was nothing about LVP's feelings nor did it include LVP telling Teddi she talked too much.  I believe Teddi was combining two different parts of conversations and Erika did say said she may have said it.  She never denied anything.  I don't see the upside for Erika inventing the flip flopper comment.  

Again I know what I made back in the mid-90s and $200.00 a month would not have put me in the poorhouse.  That would be two cross-country tips.  Erika had to making at least $100 a night in tips and would have been paid at least a couple thousand dollars for each movie at scale.  I cannot dispute how often she saw the kid and she was with Tom for a period of time before she married him.  What I disliked about Erika's initial disclosure is I assumed she had the child with her and was working to support him and provide for him.  My definition of single mom and what Erika purported to be doing were at odds.  So because I disagree with her usage of the term single mom, I want to poke holes in the rest of her explanation.  Problem is it was over 20 years ago and everyone involved and with first hand knowledge has probably faded.  

I have always thought it was Mikey that got Erika the in on RHOBH.  I know at one time Erika was pissy with LVP and maybe Kathryn for questioning the friendship between she and Yolanda. Maybe being called a liar or doubting her is her trigger. I still believe that Tom and Erika knew the Fosters socially as in had met before at some fundraisers.  I am thinking Erika and Tom were seeking to have David produce Erika Jayne or maybe Erika wanted to get on RHOBH and used the slight social connection as a foot in the door with Yolanda.  

Dorit didn't tell Lisa about the childhood comment until right before her party in Lisa's room, she failed to mention it in the park. Lisa corrected her then and told her that even the things she did admit to at first were "bad enough". Yes, both Lisa and Erika tried to keep Dorit's night nice. Also, I guess I should have been clearer, Erika/Rinna/Camille, made this Lisa liking Kyle/Dorit fighting over her, not you, sorry I didn't word that better. And, Yes, Kyle blew this all out of proportion and she was wrong to demand an apology from Lisa. 

Erika may have avoided answering Lisa but she did answer Teddi and she said that she would be hurt/pissed had this been done to her (and she was when it happened at Teddi's beach house). Erika first told the other she didn't know who told Yolanda, then she denied it and finally she admitted to it. 

I doubt that Teddi would have called Erika a "flip flopper" unless she said something different at Kyle's house than what she said in NY and that is why I question her claiming she was so upset because of that comment. I also doubt that production would have edited that nugget out of the episode. 

Erika would have been paying rent/living expenses in 1 of the most expensive areas of the country and doing it on a waitresses paycheck, not an easy task and then claiming to fly back to NY once a month is questionable IMO. I suspect that Erika is saying this to soften the blow back from viewers learning she left her son in NY and was not the "single mom raising her son" she claimed the last few years on the show.

Erika claimed Yolanda was a good friend, not a social friend, and that she (not Tom) went to her to get Yolanda's/David's advise. I am thinking that Erika is sticking to the story production used to introduce her to the show and not the truth, heck, maybe she has to stick to it or lose her Diamond. I don't find Erika to be very trustworthy.

• Love 7
On 3/24/2018 at 10:36 PM, Irlandesa said:

I thought the biggest critique about Erica's choices as a mother had to do with the fact that she puts so much focus on her life as  "single mother." When I hear someone is a single parent, I assume that this parent is assuming at least half of the parental responsibilities.  It doesn't sound like she was doing that--at least not in the physical sense.

If it worked for them and her son then good but she's not going to get my "must be tough being a single mother/father" sympathies.

Yeah. That sticks in my craw. Maybe Erica's ex was better all around to do the main parenting,  and that's okay. Like another poster mentioned,  I felt a physical ache when separated from my son when he was younger,  that clearly his dad didn't. Doesn't mean the ex doesn't love him,  but it's different. So maybe Erica is like  that. 

But as a person who has the care of my kid 24x7 about 350 days of the year,  I'm pissed that this person plays the single mother/parent card for credibility or sympathy or whatever. It's infuriating.

On a personal note,  my kid just randomly started to sing in his sleep. I am so happy these moments are mine. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 19
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Of course she has no friends. For sure,  hire a gay couple and get rid of her. Beyond everything else,  I like watching the women interact with their families and partners,  Mr. Giardi and she don't have any genuine interactions together,  I get why her police officer son needs to be kept off air and we've seen her one or two times with her Mom,  and that is full of her complaining about her childhood.

I think Erica may be too shallow for The Real Housewives. Wow. 

Can't believe I'm defending Erika here, but I think the "I have no friends" comment can be seen in the context of RH asking her if she could recommend anyone for the show.  She clearly says she wouldn't recommend anyone.  So I don't think she's admitting she has ZERO friends, female or male, in life.

Whew, glad that's over :-))

Like others, the "I'm a single parent" thing annoys me because, while technically true, generally it's meant to refer to the custodial parent.

On her traveling back to NY every 7-10 days, I think she referred to that as part of "going to every school play, etc."  So this would have been after she married Tom G, and therefore she wasn't doing this on her dime.  Now of course this still conflicts with her previous statements that in the early days she was always at Tom's side, attended every business meeting, etc.  I personally believe the latter is bulls@@@, because unless she was an employee of the firm, including her in meetings voided any privilege involved in the conversations; also I would think it would have annoyed the heck out of his partners and staff.  But nor am I willing to believe she traveled each and every week during the school year - there is nothing about her that indicates she was that invested in her child.  And if she was doing her Erika Jane thing back then, I would bet she was hustling constantly for that.

I don't know if I'd ever heard the story that she asked David Foster to promote/manage/whatever her Erika Jane persona.  WOW, some balls there, and delusion.  Not a huge fan of Foster, but everything I've read indicates he's very prominent in the music industry.  Why would he want to work with her?  Even if hubby threw money at Foster, I would think he'd pass.

• Love 8
On 3/26/2018 at 11:02 AM, Mrs peel said:

Can't believe I'm defending Erika here, but I think the "I have no friends" comment can be seen in the context of RH asking her if she could recommend anyone for the show.  She clearly says she wouldn't recommend anyone.  So I don't think she's admitting she has ZERO friends, female or male, in life.

Like others, the "I'm a single parent" thing annoys me because, while technically true, generally it's meant to refer to the custodial parent.

On her traveling back to NY every 7-10 days, I think she referred to that as part of "going to every school play, etc."  So this would have been after she married Tom G, and therefore she wasn't doing this on her dime.  Now of course this still conflicts with her previous statements that in the early days she was always at Tom's side, attended every business meeting, etc.  I personally believe the latter is bulls@@@, because unless she was an employee of the firm, including her in meetings voided any privilege involved in the conversations; also I would think it would have annoyed the heck out of his partners and staff.  But nor am I willing to believe she traveled each and every week during the school year - there is nothing about her that indicates she was that invested in her child.  And if she was doing her Erika Jane thing back then, I would bet she was hustling constantly for that.

I don't know if I'd ever heard the story that she asked David Foster to promote/manage/whatever her Erika Jane persona.  WOW, some balls there, and delusion.  Not a huge fan of Foster, but everything I've read indicates he's very prominent in the music industry.  Why would he want to work with her?  Even if hubby threw money at Foster, I would think he'd pass.

It's a good thing there are two of her! Does that mean Erika Jayne was momming it up in New York? While Erika Girardi played trophy wife to the lawyer? Or vice versa?

Edited by rho
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

In her interviews about her book she stated she has no female friends and perfers to hang with "queens" so it at least the female part wasn't in the context of the show. Also, most of the "queens" she hangs out with appear to be on her payroll.

• Love 8
On 3/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, SCS said:

Thank you. Maybe Erika realized she wasn't emotionally equipped for motherhood -- it happens-- and the boy's father could and did give him a stable home life. Whatever, it worked for them.

That's totally fine, but don't call yourself a single mother or a single parent, for that matter. It's incredibly insulting to those of us who decided to deal with how "stressful" being a single parent is and pushed ahead with it anyway. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

She must have figured that being YoYo’s quote-on-quote* “friend” gave her special privileges. Otherwise how is she even in the same stratosphere as... let’s look at Wikipedia...

Chaka Khan, Alice Cooper, Christina Aguilera, Andrea Bocelli, Toni Braxton, Michael Bublé, Chicago, Natalie Cole, Celine Dion, Kenny G, Josh Groban, Brandy Norwood, Whitney Houston, Jennifer Lopez, Kenny Rogers, Seal, Rod Stewart, Charice, Donna Summer, Olivia Newton-John, Madonna, Mary J. Blige, Michael Jackson, Cheryl Lynn and Barbra Streisand.

Even the people on that (partial!) list that make you go “WHO?” have actual hits...

* :)

• Love 4
On 3/22/2018 at 12:33 AM, princelina said:

So I made it to Target in the blizzard today, because I wanted a frozen pizza.  

Best opening line in a PTV post ever: Fuck the nor'easter. I want pizza!

On 3/22/2018 at 2:19 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

Should she fall apart 

Not fall apart -- take her own behaviour apart. 

Ask herself some hard questions (Why do I turn into a thug when I'm upset? Where does my rage come from? Why do I feel entitled to dump that rage on other people and namecall?) instead of going into denial and insisting she's right right right.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, Mondrianyone said:

And don't forget about Pad the Puss, for those "heavier-show" days.  

LOL

2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Can't believe I'm defending Erika here...

Take it slow, Mrs Peel -- lots of fluids and rest -- I'm still getting over defending Radiziwill, and that was a couple of weeks ago ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

Ask herself some hard questions (Why do I turn into a thug when I'm upset? Where does my rage come from? Why do I feel entitled to dump that rage on other people and namecall?) instead of going into denial and insisting she's right right right.

I think what we are seeing there are snippets from Erika's childhood. I'd bet very big that that is how her mother spoke to her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

That's totally fine, but don't call yourself a single mother or a single parent, for that matter. It's incredibly insulting to those of us who decided to deal with how "stressful" being a single parent is and pushed ahead with it anyway. 

But if that's how she remembers it and how she views her role from that era, why shouldn't she? I figure if -- 

~Ramona can call herself hot and

~Luann can call herself refined and

~Tamra can call herself a victim and

~Nene can call herself rich and

~Porsha can call herself a worthy legacy and

~Kim R can call herself sober, then 

-- Erika can call herself a single mother. I don't especially care what these kooks call themselves as long as I am entertained. MMV and all that, eh wot?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SCS said:

But if that's how she remembers it and how she views her role from that era, why shouldn't she? I figure if -- 

And people criticize those HW and point out that they aren't those things all the time, so I dont see why people cant do that with Erika.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

And people criticize those HW and point out that they aren't those things all the time, so I dont see why people cant do that with Erika.

Yes indeed. I'm certainly not saying anyone shouldn't point it out -- just offering another perspective.

• Love 5

She can call herself that if she wants, but it's delusional and insulting to people who work their asses off to take care of their children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. My ex shows up for big moments (not always), but I'm the one dealt that with two puking kids last week, washed poop-stained sheets, takes them to every freaking after school activity, deals with their every day anxieties about every little thing -- while working a high-pressure, full time job. And, frankly, I consider myself the lucky one. 

I've always liked Erica, but this is a real turn off and so disrespectful of women who actually are single mothers. The more she persists with it, the less I like her. But - I do think her main issue is she is completely dishonest about herself. The only thing she's comfortable with is a pretend world and it's unfortunate, because she's smart, funny, and beautiful. She's one of the more insecure housewives I've seen on these shows and she'd be better off with a couple of honest friends and a good therapist instead of a glam squad of ass kissers. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Best opening line in a PTV post ever: Fuck the nor'easter. I want pizza!

Not fall apart -- take her own behaviour apart. 

LOL

Take it slow, Mrs Peel -- lots of fluids and rest -- I'm still getting over defending Radiziwill, and that was a couple of weeks ago ; )

Where are those cuntkins now???

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Where are those cuntkins now???

LOL

Maybe we need medical grade Cuntkins? ("Treated with minty fresh Neosporin! ")

eta:

Cuntkins are for quitters. Cuntkins cover the labia.

{bouquet of roses thrown at your feet}

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Tom is a class action attorney giving Erika the benefit of the doubt I would wager a guess she was at the meetings when Tom was getting potential plaintiffs to come aboard or those meetings when they present the settlement.  Tom does go all over the country and I have a hard time believing other attorneys, clients and experts were okay having Erika sit through the meetings.  So if Tom was in Pittsburgh Erika might have been on the plane but I too question why she would need or even want to be at the meeting.  

I took Erika's excerpt from her book and surmised she was hitting David up for her stalled career.  Since then I have found this explanation of Erika and her jumping on the RH bandwagon.  I find it troubling she didn't know what the word "pivot" meant. Maybe David Foster was the unnamed music producer.  I still find it weird that Erika just happened on an ailing Yolanda's couch but I do have my questions about the entire statement.  Erika does seem rather comfortable talking about it.

After listening to this I am not sure how long she quit Erika Jayne.  I was under the impression Erika arrived on the scene after the Australian woman, whose kid dated one of Yolanda's daughters, washed out due to work via issues.     

Okay this is pretty funny Erika's temps at Vogue:  https://www.vogue.com/article/erika-jayne-vogue-for-a-day-pretty-mess

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

There is actually a funny video on Page Six of Erika spending a day working at Vogue. It is all scripted, of course, but Erika does a good job with comedy.

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

There is actually a funny video on Page Six of Erika spending a day working at Vogue. It is all scripted, of course, but Erika does a good job with comedy.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, biakbiak said:

In her interviews about her book she stated she has no female friends and perfers to hang with "queens" so it at least the female part wasn't in the context of the show. Also, most of the "queens" she hangs out with appear to be on her payroll.

Sigh, and I defended her.  I feel dirty now :-)

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, Mrs peel said:

Can't believe I'm defending Erika here...

Thanks Film Noire!  I actually have strep throat at the moment, was out several days doing exactly this..... 

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 7