Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

(edited)

I will refrain from judging Erika as a mother because I haven't heard anything directly from her or her son.

She doesn't seem like a malicious or manipulative woman though, and I love that. I also think she's very beautiful, seems intelligent, and find her talking heads quite funny.

What I really like is her strong yet sweet personality. I think it's cool she doesn't feel the need to wear her heart on her sleeve or be super emotional. I've noticed many of the housewives will cry at the drop of a hat. I would never mock someone for crying, but what is wrong with being composed? I don't get this thing that some people have where they think women need to be super soft (or men need to be tough all the time and not allowed to cry or have emotions). We're all different. Just because Erika comes across hard and calls herself cold doesn't mean she's a heartless woman. I know I feel things very deeply and could easily cry when I hear someone's sick, there's a sad movie, anything, but I have an icy exterior just because I am reserved and don't trust most people-women or men-with my heart. I try to hold tears back and am more likely to be the one to comfort someone than I am to cry on someone's shoulder.

If the other women feel comfortable pouring their hearts out and crying, I'm not judging that. But a lot of us didn't grow up with parents who consoled us if we cried, or have been hurt by people we confided in. Erika has said she has trust issues, especially with women. I don't think Kathryn is a mean spirited person, but I did not like when she mocked Erika for "shedding six tears." It's comments like that, that make some of feel so uncomfortable being vulnerable. 

Anyway, I know that's a lot of talk just about emotions/crying, but I just find Erika really refreshing because she is so different from people like Kim or Kyle.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

I wish that I could give your post 100 likes, RealHousewife.  I know exactly how you feel.  There are times when I envy friends who can cry at the drop of a hat.  I also share your feelings about Erika.

It's funny.  The first time I saw Erika, I thought WHOA!  Over time, I've come to see something deeper in her that I like very much.  I think (I hope) that it's sincere.  I can't believe that one of these days she'll land in hot water over something.  Bravo doesn't hire saints for those roles!

Thank you for a post that sheds more positive light on Erika when it seems that those of us who care for her seem vastly outnumbered. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Lura said:

I wish that I could give your post 100 likes, RealHousewife.  I know exactly how you feel.  There are times when I envy friends who can cry at the drop of a hat.  I also share your feelings about Erika.

It's funny.  The first time I saw Erika, I thought WHOA!  Over time, I've come to see something deeper in her that I like very much.  I think (I hope) that it's sincere.  I can't believe that one of these days she'll land in hot water over something.  Bravo doesn't hire saints for those roles!

Thank you for a post that sheds more positive light on Erika when it seems that those of us who care for her seem vastly outnumbered. 

Aw I'm glad someone enjoyed my little rant, Lura! 

I agree with all the above. :) I think there is more to Erika than her glamorous looks and patting the puss. lol 

• Love 1
On 5/28/2016 at 0:16 PM, RealHousewife said:

What I really like is her strong yet sweet personality. I think it's cool she doesn't feel the need to wear her heart on her sleeve or be super emotional. I've noticed many of the housewives will cry at the drop of a hat.

I only watch this HW show but my experience is that they all keep their heart off their sleeve with the exception of Kyle when the topic of Kim is afoot.   LVP is very contained as is Yolanda.  We have seen tears fill their eyes a couple of times but they are never overwrought with emotion. 

With Erika I see someone guarded rather than emotionally "strong."  I don't particularly like her because she has not shown me enough of herself to get to know or like.  She appears very serious with no sense of humor.  This may not be true but I have not seen it. 

The fact that she has had to lie and pose as a dear friend of Yolanda may have put a stick in her spokes.  Shame on you Bravo. Stupid move.  

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I only watch this HW show but my experience is that they all keep their heart off their sleeve with the exception of Kyle when the topic of Kim is afoot.   LVP is very contained as is Yolanda.  We have seen tears fill their eyes a couple of times but they are never overwrought with emotion. 

With Erika I see someone guarded rather than emotionally "strong."  I don't particularly like her because she has not shown me enough of herself to get to know or like.  She appears very serious with no sense of humor.  This may not be true but I have not seen it. 

The fact that she has had to lie and pose as a dear friend of Yolanda may have put a stick in her spokes.  Shame on you Bravo. Stupid move.  

There are definitely housewives who keep it more together than others, but most of them have shown more emotion/are less private in comparison to Erika-Kyle, Kim, Eileen, Brandi, Adrienne, Taylor, even LVP. Lisa and Yolanda are definitely not as mushy as the others, but LVP has teared up over her son, her daughter, her husband, the abusive boyfriend, animal abuse, even just the petty stuff among the other housewives. The difference is Lisa more guarded about her private life and very image conscious in contrast to someone like Brandi. 

Milage will vary on whether you find her funny, likable, or strong, but I like seeing someone who will stick up for her herself and her friends, not care too much about the petty stuff, but not be a mean girl or mushy. She's just more relatable to me personally. I know I have a good heart but am just not that mushy girl. Some people have asked me if there's anything I do care about! Cause on the outside I sort of have that same don't give many f***s personality Erika has. lol

I don't think Erika has been a close friend of Yolanda either, but it's not the first time Bravo has brought in a housewife under false pretense. While one of the reasons I enjoy RHBH is because it seems more real than other reality shows, at the end of the day, this is still entertainment.   

I do think Erika is someone who seems to be a good friend to those she lets in her circle. She has been very sweet and thoughtful with both Yolanda and Eileen. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika said after doing the promo tea party with Sonja and Luann from RHONY she is going to bring it next year. 

Interesting, zoeysmom.  I wonder what she'll bring.  More about herself?  Her son? 

I love a good mystery.  Maybe that's another reason why I like Erika.  She is full of unanswered questions. 

• Love 1
On 5/30/2016 at 0:57 PM, zoeysmom said:

Erika said after doing the promo tea party with Sonja and Luann from RHONY she is going to bring it next year. 

The producers probably told her either bring it or don't bother showing up.  You don't get to keep your place at the table just by being  a snarky observer. And the Erika Jane stuff is not all that fascinating to me.  A couple scenes of EJ is more than enough for me, I get it!   If I was going to gay pride or a show at a gay club I would much rather see an accomplished drag queen.

• Love 9
On 5/30/2016 at 0:57 PM, zoeysmom said:

Oh good grief.  Is she planning to lash out and argue with everyone?  Ya wanna fight Erika?  

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:45 PM, Giselle said:

Bring what? She has left nothing to imagination. All that might be left is a steamy hot tub session with Don Rickles.

Barf.

LOL - I can see him calling her a hockey puck and telling her to be quiet.

• Love 1

If Erika starts speaking up more during filming, instead of just in talking heads?  Meh, maybe.  Her marriage doesn't look great to me, the way he dismissively shuts her down, and she takes it?  Pretty telling.

Still, she'll have a season without Yolanda, let's see if she can bring anything "real" to the table that doesn't involve self promotion.

• Love 5

Erica Joon 'performed' (lip sync anyone?) for the Bravo award show.

I was laughing so hard I had to change the channel before I pooped my pants.

Put on some clothes and stop wasting your husband's money.

• Love 3

Anyone think Erika looks like a blonde Monica Bellucci? I didn't notice it at first because their coloring is so different from each other. I find Erika one of the most beautiful housewives in the whole franchise. My other favorite just in terms of sheer beauty is Joanna Krupa.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:07 PM, ElDosEquis said:

Erica Joon 'performed' (lip sync anyone?) for the Bravo award show.

I was laughing so hard I had to change the channel before I pooped my pants.

Put on some clothes and stop wasting your husband's money.

Aww...she wasn't that bad.  The acoustics sucked, for sure.  But the 'crowd', as small as it probably was, looked like they were having a good time.  Her dancers are on pointe and she looked fab. When they lifted her at the end, it was smooth - she's in incredible shape.  I wouldn't pay to see her because it's not my bag, but I can see how she has fans.  I was also impressed by the lighting, too, but what can I say...I'm easily impressed.  :-)

There will come a time when she's going to have to stop squatting and patting the puss (although I don't think I saw any puss patting this time) because it's on the verge of looking ridiculous.  I mean, a hairsbreadth away from being really ridiculous. Maybe she'll have an alter ego change and become more classy/lounge singer-ish in her old age. LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Anyone think Erika looks like a blonde Monica Bellucci? I didn't notice it at first because their coloring is so different from each other. I find Erika one of the most beautiful housewives in the whole franchise. My other favorite just in terms of sheer beauty is Joanna Krupa.

Hmmm

intv_erika_jayne_0223_lands.jpg

monica-bellucci-new-xlarge.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, ryebread said:

Aww...she wasn't that bad.  The acoustics sucked, for sure.  But the 'crowd', as small as it probably was, looked like they were having a good time.  Her dancers are on pointe and she looked fab. When they lifted her at the end, it was smooth - she's in incredible shape.  I wouldn't pay to see her because it's not my bag, but I can see how she has fans.  I was also impressed by the lighting, too, but what can I say...I'm easily impressed.  :-)

There will come a time when she's going to have to stop squatting and patting the puss (although I don't think I saw any puss patting this time) because it's on the verge of looking ridiculous.  I mean, a hairsbreadth away from being really ridiculous. Maybe she'll have an alter ego change and become more classy/lounge singer-ish in her old age. LOL

One thing that I can appreciate is a well put together stage show. I give her props for getting people up there and doing it, right?

I am not of her demographic so her 'revues' are a bit MORE entertaining me!

And I just read she won't be back for another season.

http://tamaratattles.com/2016/07/29/lisa-rinna-and-eileen-davidson-completely-absent-from-rhobh-filming/

Wednesday night was the annual filming of The White Party for the upcoming season of RHOBH.… We learned a lot of things from all the interviews. First of all there appears to be a lot of harmony amongst the girls. The long rumoured casting of Dorit Kemsley as LVP’s new puppet for the season was confirmed. Kyle, Dorit, LVP and Erika Jayne are all on the same team.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3713335/Real-Housewives-Erika-Girardi-reveals-stays-tip-shape-DailyMail-com-Summer-White-party.html

Having joined the cast of Housewives Of Beverly Hills last year, Erika is set to return this season. 

Filming is already underway, and the reality star said so far there us far less drama: 'Everybody’s actually getting along I've been able to have a lot of fun with everyone.'

40 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Oh my, they expected to interview Erika Jayne and got Erika G instead! LOL OH my, Erika G is a snob with no sense of humor in this interview on a morning rowdy talk show. Listen to both segments. LOL  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/08/03/erika-jayne-uses-her-manager-to-attack-denver-interviewer/

Wow! That is crazy. Ericka has to know that type of behavior from one of her "people" reflects very badly on her. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Wow! That is crazy. Ericka has to know that type of behavior from one of her "people" reflects very badly on her. 

Remember...she sings that she doesn't give a fuck. Time will tell.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Remember...she sings that she doesn't give a fuck. Time will tell.

Well, if you don't give a fuck, there is no chance that you will get a fuck back - Fucks really do have a shelf life and you have to give them in order to maintain a healthy outlook on life?

As I have given fucks, I have room for any extra fucks that I may collect in my daily life - but that is just me.

Edited by ElDosEquis
How the fuck do I know?
  • Love 7

I can take or leave Erika, and I don't really care for Kenya, but judging by their appearance together on WWHL, if they co-starred in a show about two glamorous detectives who solved crimes while stirring the pot among loosely connected groups of friends in Beverly Hills, I would totally watch.

They could call it Petty Crime.

• Love 6

Saw Erika on WWHL and I'm just mortified for her.  I've seen far, far better performances at kiddie school talent shows, without any funds going into the act.

All that money and free time and that's what she chooses to do and make of herself.  What a silly, stupid waste.  Good for all her hair and makeup people, dancers and other staff though who can make an easy buck off her husband.

• Love 9
On 13/02/2017 at 9:20 PM, zoeysmom said:

Last night at the Grammys Ross Matthews mentioned Heidi Klum's T-Shirt dress, quite the dress and quite the body: 

heidi-827d8388-e1cf-44c4-8d10-2e1231270e

Thaat dress is probably way too form fitting to be a t shirt dress, it has a zipper:

19wjts.jpg

And what a shock, Erika Jayne seen at Grammys with gay man. 

gettyimages-634958716.jpg?w=669H

Imagine the shrill Minnie Mouse cacophony those three would create together. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

yes, she is huge, not an ounce of fat on her, except maybe her head.  she must be over 6 ft,  solid arms, thighs.  

Not even in heels. Ross is the about the same height as me, I have met him a few times, and I am 5'9". Internet says she is 5'5".

• Love 3

On WWHL, Erika said.she thought Rinna would come clean, eventually.  They must have pushed her into "remembering."  Ah to have been a fly on the wall when she watched with her family last night. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, wings707 said:

On WWHL, Erika said.she thought Rinna would come clean, eventually.  They must have pushed her into "remembering."  Ah to have been a fly on the wall when she watched with her family last night. 

They proibably enjoyed it. They got screen time and Harry hamlin probably enjoys anything that gets Lisar out of the house.

• Love 3

I saw Adam Lambert on WWHL last night. He said he was at the Ericka Jayne show in Mykonos and met her there. He admitted to being a bit obliterated, but was complimentary of the show, and thought when he met her that she was a down to earth person and he liked her. 

ETA; if that man is 5'9" Erika is of normal height because those heels look to be at least 3 inches.  It's easy to look very tall when filmed with small people. 

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 1

I can't wait until Erika shows up at the next party some ghastly Moschino and declares it to be too fabulous for these losers.

http://www.vogue.com/article/milan-fashion-week-fall-2017-moschino-runway-show

I particularly like the garbage bag dress with the trashcan lid hat and the outfit which just a trash bag overflowing with garbage.

www.elle.com/runway/g29551/moschino-runway-show-milan-fashion-week-fall-2017/ 

The identity of Erika's partner will serve as a moderately reliable indication of her proficiency and how far she's expected to go. Derek invariably is teamed up with one of if not the best female celebrity on the season roster; Val, likewise, usually gets paired with a contender. 

I actually see an early exit for Erika irrespective of whether it's Jayne or Girardi competing. She often seems rather winded in her own performances and I can't wrap my head around the idea of her mastering technical choreography quickly. I could be wrong, though; who knows how valuable patting the puss will prove at preparing her for the Argentine tango.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.realitytea.com/2017/02/16/erika-jayne-dishes-rhobh-alliances-husbands-castmates-jenny-mccarthy-show/amp/

It's a little bizarre that she's still grinding an axe against Kathryn Edwards in her recent media rounds and reflective of why I don't think I'll ever be able to like her: she's inveterately aggressive and kind of dumb. I know that Kathryn expounded upon the virtues of designer handbags but Erika's going to slam her for fronting when Kathryn unabashedly showed her comparably modest real estate on air (and bought a chateau) while Erika's peddling bullshit about only flying on private jets and being the "First Lady" of law associations.

I hope Dorit is able to deflate those pretensions at the reunion because they're just as egregious as any contrived accent. 

At essence, Erika is like a sadder version of Norma Desmond or Baby Jane who, unlike either of those references, never actually achieved fame. Her tittilation over how "aghast" people must be at her videos and shtick is really strange and out of touch. Who's going to be scandalized by her act again? Mikey? Andy? Any private gay citizen who can see more graphic performances at any Pride parade? 

• Love 17