Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

I get your point, but don't let Madonna and a few others read this, who are still going strong at ten years older than Erika!  While I don't personally care for them, there's no denying they have millions of fans.  Many critics are down on Madonna, for instance, for her skimpy costumes, her "dirty dancing," and her increasingly limited vocal range.  Just saying....  :)            

LOL I get what you mean but, Madonna was a star well before she got to middle age and she has actual vocal talent, something Erika doesn't have IMO.

• Love 7

In my opinion, Erika is the exact opposite of someone who doesn't have any fucks to give. She cares very, very much what people think of her; otherwise why the glam squad, the designer clothes, etc. She is a poser in all aspects of her life we have thus far seen. Promoting that she doesn't give a f is a defense mechanism to deflect any criticism; criticism that hurts her deeply.

People who truly don't give a f are people who can change the world; they give up personal validation to get a job done.

• Love 23

Looks like the Curse of the Real Housewives has struck again!!  I saw this on the noon news today, along with Tom Girardi stating that "he is a target because of the Real Housewives show".   Ummmm---can't be a target unless there's a reson for someone to aim at you!!   ;-)

He's the target of his own greed and vanity imo but I guess we'll see.  The Girardi lifestyle always seemed a bit over the top to me in terms of overt wealth and spending, even for RHoBH.  He's a lawyer after all, not the Sultan of Brunei.  He works for a living.  Palatial mansion, servants, cars okay, but TWO planes?  None of the other ho's have even one plane.  I think they may lease one on occasion but mostly they seem to fly commercial.  First class, but still.  Then Tom has two ex wives to contend with and Erika who doesn't think twice about flying her team to Dubai to do her hair and makeup and provide moral support for her RH contract that pays a couple hundred thousand  tops.  He has some huge overhead expenses, I have no problem believing he was skimming or otherwise helping himself to extra cash.  And if he is "redirecting funds" it was extremely non Perry Mason like to flaunt that lifestyle on tv for all to see and be pissed off about. 

• Love 9

Uh oh!

That doesn't sound like a very "lawyerly' response to me.  If Tom's been a bad boy, and he's blaming RHOBH, Erika may not be long for this show.  Tom sounds more like a guilty little kid grasping at straws for an excuse.

BUT, think about this:  What does Erika need?  A storyline, right?  She's been mysterious all along, and now, suddenly, someone throws a wrench against Tom into the mix.  Does that sound like a whopper of a storyline?  It does to me.  Tom and even Erika are getting international headlines.  You can't ask for more than that for a storyline!  I can almost see Tom, with his brains and his sense of humor, coming up with a scenario like that!  LOL  Maybe not, maybe so, but it sure is fun to think about!

• Love 1

Uh oh!

That doesn't sound like a very "lawyerly' response to me.  If Tom's been a bad boy, and he's blaming RHOBH, Erika may not be long for this show.  Tom sounds more like a guilty little kid grasping at straws for an excuse.

BUT, think about this:  What does Erika need?  A storyline, right?  She's been mysterious all along, and now, suddenly, someone throws a wrench against Tom into the mix.  Does that sound like a whopper of a storyline?  It does to me.  Tom and even Erika are getting international headlines.  You can't ask for more than that for a storyline!  I can almost see Tom, with his brains and his sense of humor, coming up with a scenario like that!  LOL  Maybe not, maybe so, but it sure is fun to think about!

If what I read is true, the lawyer that filed the suit against Tom and his law group has done so before and that case was dismissed as well. So....I don't think TG did this to give Erika a storyline for next season although I can see how some of those in the settlement could be upset at him from what they have seen/heard about their lives on the show, I think they only got about $81K each compared to the millions that TG's law group got.

• Love 5

I was so embarrassed watching that and it was only 30 seconds of it. If that video isn't proof of how thirsty she is, I don't know what would be. 

Erika is so judgemental, and yet she claims "who is she to judge".   I think she's one sad woman.   There just doesn't seem to be much substance in her live - it's all an act.  No friends it seems, just her "glam squad", and they are paid to pay attention to her, bolster her ego & alter ego.  She seems lonely and sad.   She never lets down her guard, and I think if she ever did, she would crumble.   She only has a few more years until that Erika Jayne act is going to be over, or look more ridiculous that it already does.  She has said that Tom is busy and they only see each other a couple of nights a week.   We haven't seen her do anything other than her act.  When she isn't out on stage, does she just ramble around in that house all alone.  Bottom line is her looks are her life. 

This is so spot on. I think you covered it all. Kathryn's comment about talking to Erika about blush was bitchy and she shouldn't have said it, but more and more I get the impression that there's just very little depth to Erika. IMO Kathryn couldn't come up with anything better because there isn't all that much to come up with. She's into her appearance and wants to be around people who can help her maintain it for as long as she can. 

It'll be interesting to see if she gives in to that Angelyne side of her personality in fifteen years. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I think I should make it clear that I don't like Erika's act, her videos, her language, her costumes, etc.  I thought that her worst one was when the HWs were there to watch her perform. Gross!!!

Furthermore, I think that the message her act sends to men, women, young girls who aspire to catch a man, to young men looking for a "fantasy girl" is wrong and dangerous.  Period.

I've simply found that, for me, it's easier to laugh at Erika than rant about her.  In some ways, I find her to be funny.  I have a feeling that someone at Bravo thought the same thing -- that she would provide some humor to the show -- maybe the wrong kind of humor, but humor anyway.  Anyone watching her, IMHO, has to see how crazy (in a funny way) she is.  Maybe not ALL funny, but she's had her moments.  I suspect that she's a sad case with a sad background.  I'm just not ready to burn her at the stake yet until I know her full background, if we ever get it.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4
(edited)

I just looked up the 'pretty mess' record label and the 'top ten' records - all with EJ creations and the one that she isn't listed first on? She is listed second for the credits?

https://pro.beatport.com/label/pretty-mess-records/18147

It's probably a 'vanity' label - they will print/record a  limited number of albums or DVDs and sell them for you?

Nothing to see, move along......

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 2

I think I should make it clear that I don't like Erika's act, her videos, her language, her costumes, etc.  I thought that her worst one was when the HWs were there to watch her perform. Gross!!!

Furthermore, I think that the message her act sends to men, women, young girls who aspire to catch a man, to young men looking for a "fantasy girl" is wrong and dangerous.  Period.

I've simply found that, for me, it's easier to laugh at Erika than rant about her.  In some ways, I find her to be funny.  I have a feeling that someone at Bravo thought the same thing -- that she would provide some humor to the show -- maybe the wrong kind of humor, but humor anyway.  Anyone watching her, IMHO, has to see how crazy (in a funny way) she is.  Maybe not ALL funny, but she's had her moments.  I suspect that she's a sad case with a sad background.  I'm just not ready to burn her at the stake yet until I know her full background, if we ever get it.

She can be funny(ish) but she really only does it in her THs but not face to face with any of the women. Oh, and she plays runtelldat with Yolanda all the time, otherwise she hasn't brought much to the show at all for me.

I just looked up the 'pretty mess' record label and the 'top ten' records - all with EJ creations and the one that she isn't listed first on? She is listed second for the credits?

https://pro.beatport.com/label/pretty-mess-records/18147

It's probably a 'vanity' label - they will print/record a  limited number of albums or DVDs and sell them for you?

Nothing to see, move along......

Doesn't her husband, Tom, own this label? I thought I read that somewhere here. Which would explain why she is the only "artist" really mentioned with that 1 exception. LOL

• Love 6
I saw this on the noon news today, along with Tom Girardi stating that "he is a target because of the Real Housewives show".

That's what the Giudices said.

It's probably a 'vanity' label - they will print/record a  limited number of albums or DVDs and sell them for you?

​And, how apropos it's named "Pretty Mess", the name of a Vanity song. I wonder if that was done with a wink, or a total lack of originality.

• Love 5

​And, how apropos it's named "Pretty Mess", the name of a Vanity song. I wonder if that was done with a wink, or a total lack of originality.

For fits and shiggles I looked up the words of the song when I was looking up the label.

Kinda, sorta?

I have to admit, the limited lyrics of Erika having no fucks to give are sticking with me.  I may have to listen to the whole, and I use this term lightly, "song."

Frankly it sums up the whole season for me.

How many fucks do I give?

Zero!

Zero!

Done

Not one!

I don't think the stroking of the clitoris has quite the same cache of patting the puss, but maybe it's simply because she hasn't invented a catchy phrase for it, or if she has, I haven't heard it yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

LOLOL, Giselle!  That's about the best description I've read about Erika's voice!  It's a guttural baby voice.  She talks from her throat, and I laugh nearly every time she opens her mouth!  You hit the nail right on the head!

I can't tell whether Erika developed her voice to go along with her little girl, ponytail act, or whether she was born with it.  It sure fits her Baby Jane persona.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

Erica's voice is starting to get to me. It's like she has a helium tube hidden in her purse and takes a hit every time she speaks.

She is one of the most insincere HWs ever. For me, the most irritating thing about a person is the way they talk, how they sound and the way they breath after each sentence.

She has about 3 different 'people' living inside her - Sybil or Eve? - her TH is different from her GF/BFF and stage persona. And god knows how many others she owns?

• Love 10

Here's one thing I find refreshing about Erika.  She's so outspoken and often seems to be the only HW who speaks the truth.  Look at Dubai.  Erika was the one who could get away with heaving a sigh and asking why everyone had to fight.  Why couldn't they just have a good time?  I was waiting for somebody to say that, and Erika came through.  Sometimes, I swear that Erika is the only one who speaks the truth and has any sense.

• Love 1

Here's one thing I find refreshing about Erika.  She's so outspoken and often seems to be the only HW who speaks the truth.  Look at Dubai.  Erika was the one who could get away with heaving a sigh and asking why everyone had to fight.  Why couldn't they just have a good time?  I was waiting for somebody to say that, and Erika came through.  Sometimes, I swear that Erika is the only one who speaks the truth and has any sense.

She only does that in her TH segments, not to the others face to face 99% of the time. LOL

• Love 7
(edited)

When Kyle gave Kathryn her birthday present, Erika made sure to mention that she has the same wallet.

So does anyone who shops at Chanel. It is nothing special.

Eager much????

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 3
When Kyle gave Kathryn her birthday present, Erika made sure to mention that she has the same wallet.
So does anyone who shops at Chanel. It is nothing special.
Eager much????

Nothing special?  The last time I saw one was on Ebay for $250. (made of cloth, not leather).  My middle class background must be showing, but $250. is more than a little special for me.  To each her own.  :)

• Love 4

Nothing special?  The last time I saw one was on Ebay for $250. (made of cloth, not leather).  My middle class background must be showing, but $250. is more than a little special for me.  To each her own.  :)

In that context, (rich, chichi women) it really is nothing spectacular and is a quite banal piece IMO.

Of course, I am biased as I am sick and tired of seeing that brand being pushed.;-)

The wallet in question retails for about $1000 IIRC.

There are many better things that can be bought for that amount of money.

I would have bought a piece unique to Dubai personally.

• Love 3

Erika is one of my faves, love her husband too! Can't wait until her & Lisa become close friends, it will be hilarious hearing the 2 banter together!

Well I still like the husband, Erika not so much after watching the show!

Gosh Erika how do you really feel?  Since when has class ever been associated with Erika?

Gosh Erika how do you really feel?  Since when has class ever been associated with Erika?

• Love 4

I think Erika is probably the smartest of these women...i think she has probably figured them all out and will proceed to put them all in their

Respective places

I remember thinking that, based on her Ths, she was going in (as some of the new HWs try to do) as the new HBIC, but, I haven't seen that pan out. She has backed down from confrontation a few times (and then explaining in a subsequent TH that she didn't feel like talking about it at that time), so I don't know if she will be up to putting anyone in their place.  Time will tell I suppose.

• Love 2

I don't hate her but I just can't get past knowing that she is a woman who not only allows her husband to shush her in public but defends him on it. It just makes her antics kind of pitiful to me. I doubt that I will ever she her as strong, intelligent or powerful in any way.

• Love 8
zoeysmom
  Today. 7:44 am

Erika your boring.  This is a show that involves people talking and moving around together, not another stupid photo shoot.  http://www.allaboutt...talks-cool-mom/

She refrains from calling herself a "cool mom" because it sounds mean girl.  How about the fact your son grew up 3,000 away from you so you could pursue your adult entertainment career.

Well, the poor thing who wrote that "article" can't spell and has nothing new to say, but she offers a couple of new-to--me pics of Erika, if that's anything to brag about.

It seems to me that everyone has his/her own reason(s) for disliking Erika, and they can always fall back on the fact that she left her son behind.  Of course, we haven't heard the reason, but that seems immaterial at this point.  The point that I would like to make is that we haven't heard from her son.  By
Erika's accounts, all is well between the two of them, or better than well.  She describes their relationship as "close," and she says that they talk on the telephone at least twice a week.  Thus, my question is:   Isn't it more important how they are now? 

Who says that her son has much to forgive her for?  Maybe she kept in close touch with him all of his life, by telephone, letters and visits?  I'm beginning to think there was some strong connection there if he's happy and well-adjusted.  Maybe they had some dramatic reconciliation.  Who cares, as long as they're happy?

I can understand fully if one doesn't care for Erika's lifestyle or her club act.  But I can't understand attacks against her for things we don't know about.

I was raised by a mother who freely admitted in my father's presence that she didn't love him when she married him.  Furthermore, she always dreamed of a life she didn't have and

resented having three children.  As a consequence, we were abused physically and emotionally even beyond our marriages.

When she died, I could not even cry.  I would much, MUCH rather Erika pursued her dreams, leaving her son well taken care of (we can hope) than live out her life abusing the child who never asked to be born.  It is quite an experience to be hated by your own mother for decisions she made and regretted, one of which was your own birth. 

If, as Erika says, they have a solid and close relationship, and if a mutual love for each other is part of it, then who are we to criticize?  Since we haven't heard from her son (and likely won't), maybe it's OK to throw Erika to the dogs without further knowledge, but I refuse to pass judgment on her regarding her son since they have a loving relationship now.  I would love to have had my mother 3,000 miles away but knowing that she loved me rather than being at home with me, having her demonstrate nearly every day how much she regretted my birth and those of my brothers.  It's LOVE that matters in the long run.

• Love 12

Well, the poor thing who wrote that "article" can't spell and has nothing new to say, but she offers a couple of new-to--me pics of Erika, if that's anything to brag about.

It seems to me that everyone has his/her own reason(s) for disliking Erika, and they can always fall back on the fact that she left her son behind.  Of course, we haven't heard the reason, but that seems immaterial at this point.  The point that I would like to make is that we haven't heard from her son.  By

Erika's accounts, all is well between the two of them, or better than well.  She describes their relationship as "close," and she says that they talk on the telephone at least twice a week.  Thus, my question is:   Isn't it more important how they are now? 

Who says that her son has much to forgive her for?  Maybe she kept in close touch with him all of his life, by telephone, letters and visits?  I'm beginning to think there was some strong connection there if he's happy and well-adjusted.  Maybe they had some dramatic reconciliation.  Who cares, as long as they're happy?

I can understand fully if one doesn't care for Erika's lifestyle or her club act.  But I can't understand attacks against her for things we don't know about.

I was raised by a mother who freely admitted in my father's presence that she didn't love him when she married him.  Furthermore, she always dreamed of a life she didn't have and

resented having three children.  As a consequence, we were abused physically and emotionally even beyond our marriages.

When she died, I could not even cry.  I would much, MUCH rather Erika pursued her dreams, leaving her son well taken care of (we can hope) than live out her life abusing the child who never asked to be born.  It is quite an experience to be hated by your own mother for decisions she made and regretted, one of which was your own birth. 

If, as Erika says, they have a solid and close relationship, and if a mutual love for each other is part of it, then who are we to criticize?  Since we haven't heard from her son (and likely won't), maybe it's OK to throw Erika to the dogs without further knowledge, but I refuse to pass judgment on her regarding her son since they have a loving relationship now.  I would love to have had my mother 3,000 miles away but knowing that she loved me rather than being at home with me, having her demonstrate nearly every day how much she regretted my birth and those of my brothers.  It's LOVE that matters in the long run.

Lura, it is an observation how a woman claims she left her toddler son to pursue her dream.  She found her dream and that dream apparently didn't include raising him under the same roof.  It is nice that they have a close relationship.  It is the entire string of Erika persona that she has put out to the public that make her seem shallow and self-absorbed.  From having her glam squad, to crawling around on a table having her picture taken in NYC.  She just seems vapid and shallow and not entirely forthcoming about her son at the Reunion.  You have five other working moms sitting there who have raised their children under their roof while pursuing their dreams. 

I am sadden that you had such a horrific upbringing and think it is very kind that you are advocating for Erika.

• Love 8

She describes their relationship as "close," and she says that they talk on the telephone at least twice a week. 

Sorry about the things that happened in your childhood, sometimes parents don't think what they say (negative things) will affect their child the rest of their life.

1 Question though, I thought she said that her son "lived" with her/Tom. So which is it, does he live with her or does he live on his own and call her twice a week?

• Love 1

The topic of women who regret motherhood is such a complicated one. Society as a whole is much more understanding/forgiving of fathers who regret fatherhood and those that choose to abandon their families. Often they're criticized (deadbeat dad) but they aren't shamed to the same extent mothers are. Women are expected to want to have children and then dedicate their entire lives to their children, sacrificing everything (I know I'm generalizing here and I'm not saying anyone on this forum believes that, it's more of a general attitude). With the advent of the internet and the anonymity it brings there have been some women coming out to share their stories about regretting becoming mothers.

Lura, I am very sorry to hear about your experience and I agree that if the choice is between either physically or emotionally abusing your child/children or leaving them then the latter is definitely the better option. However, many mothers who regret motherhood are able to meet their children's needs and care for them despite their regret. While some struggle to bond with their children others love their children and, yet, given the choice to do it over again, they still wouldn't have had them. It is in these situations that the choice between staying and leaving is less clear, and for the record I do not claim to know the answer. Should a mother continue to be a full time parent if she is absolutely miserable? On the one hand you can argue that, yes, she should because she made the decision to become a mother and so she should care for her children out of a sense of obligation if not love. On the other hand many women who regret motherhood could not have foreseen that they would regret it. Until one becomes a parent it is impossible to know how difficult it really is, especially in a time when there is very little support outside of the family unit (unlike our ancestors and current indigenous tribes where there are alloparents that are there to support the biological parents and help with child care). And there are all these myths about motherhood that simply aren't true or aren't true for a vast majority of mothers and yet most believe them to be true until they already have the baby.

Should a woman suffer in silence rather than leave her child in the care of his/her father or another relative (assuming these alternative caretakers love the child and are not going to mistreat them)? Again, I don't know the answer. This is why I keep an open mind about Erika in regards to her situation with her son. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 6

Sorry she had a child and she should have raised him. IMO she is a shallow boring fraud, She has a "close" relationship with her son? She doesn't even know what a close relationship is. She doesn't have any.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika draws ire of rapper:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/05/12/major-diss-dmx-makes-clear-not-open-real-housewife/ 

Maybe she can take her good friend Yolanda with her—Yo is always down for a chartered plane ride.

Erika Girardi flies; Erika Jayne rents a bus.

This "beef" with DMX is great publicity:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/05/11/dmx-miami-show-real-housewife-erika-jayne/

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/dmx-will-perform-at-house-nightclub-with-a-real-housewife-this-art-walk-seriously-8445965

• Love 1
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think being the 11pm to 5 am act is any great honor. 

For her kind of gig, I think it's better than the 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. time slot.  Who wants to bump, grind and twirl their hair that early in the afternoon?  Most dance clubs don't get rolling until after midnight.  In NYC we didn't even leave the apartment until 11.

DMX sounds like a whiny puss.

• Love 3
(edited)

My reasons for not like Erica Joon is that she has not a whit of talent about her, yet she tries to project an aura that she does. Her Sham Squad and Rent-a-Jet storyline are funny and sad - just like the other HWs before her - there is quite a bit of smoke, but no fire. She's a hard woman with no depth to her soul. It has nothing to do with her son or her previous life. Marrying a meal ticket isn't putting in your dues to be successful. If it works for her, no problem. I have seem tons of women who have come from farther behind to get way out in front. She is nothing special.

Edited by ElDosEquis
Yikes!
  • Love 8
On 5/14/2016 at 4:48 PM, ElDosEquis said:

My reasons for not like Erica Joon is that she has not a whit of talent about her, yet she tries to project an aura that she does. Her Sham Squad and Rent-a-Jet storyline are funny and sad - just like the other HWs before her - there is quite a bit of smoke, but no fire. She's a hard woman with no depth to her soul. It has nothing to do with her son or her previous life. Marrying a meal ticket isn't putting in your dues to be successful. If it works for her, no problem. I have seem tons of women who have come from farther behind to get way out in front. She is nothing special.

Personally, I don't get the feeling that she's trying to project success or that any of her lifestyle is by her own merit. I definitely agree that she seems like a hard woman and ironically, she was applauded for being so refreshingly honest but her whole schtick is the farthest thing from honest. She practically made her 'private jets' a storyline with the amount of times she brought it up. She used the jets as a way to say 'I'm the real rich bitch' and I think it lent to this image of the woman who is obviously very rich but doesn't care what anyone thinks. I'm not sure who are the ones that are giving her this credit but I'll be the first in line to tell you that someone with her story is not someone who doesn't give a shit what people think. No, you give a lot of shit what people think when you PURSUE that lifestyle. Someone who doesn't give a shit is someone who is okay putting in the hard work to find their own success. Someone who's okay with working hard to put food on the table, a roof over your head and clothes on your child's back. Not caring is finding joy in waking up each morning able to live another day and realizing how fortunate you are to be able to have sustenance and loved ones to support you. Tired of seeing every interviewer credit her personality that is very undeserving. The woman gives a shit and people shouldn't be fooled to believe otherwise. 

• Love 8

She gave me nothing to like.  Not much to dislike either. She was humorless and guarded.  She sat apart from the group as an observer and appeared as though she looked down her nose at everyone.  She seemed to take her job of being Yo's friend so seriously that we saw little, if anything, of the real woman.  

Her act is boring, cringe worthy and not entertaining.  Why Tom is not embarrassed by this baffles me. 

I see no reason why they would ask her back for season 7.   

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She gave me nothing to like.  Not much to dislike either. She was humorless and guarded.  She sat apart from the group as an observer and appeared as though she looked down her nose at everyone.  She seemed to take her job of being Yo's friend so seriously that we saw little, if anything, of the real woman.  

Her act is boring, cringe worthy and not entertaining.  Why Tom is not embarrassed by this baffles me. 

Andy seems plumb tinkled by her so there's that. I actually kinda liked seeing a RHW take their fake, to get in the door, friendship so seriously, while Yo kept forgetting about her. Multiple times Yo mentioned her real friendships of Brandy and Kim, because that was her fake storyline, while Erika was politely sitting next to her. Cracked me up each time.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, wings707 said:

ITA . I had to laugh when they were in Dubai and Eileen was defending Yo saying "of course she's sick, why would she miss such a fabulous vacation?" Erika, girl we know the annual housewife trip is like Dantes inferno, who are you kidding? Some people would rather chew their own arm off like a bear in a trap then go on the housewife trip. I did wonder if Lisa may have cleverly "forgot" to get her passport renewed so she would be in violation of the six month expiration requirement. To us regular folks a working vacation would be a great perk but all of these woman can afford to travel wherever they want, whenever they want and not have to put up with the Bravo BS.

Edited by Satchels of gold
Tense
  • Love 7

Erika lives in a guilded cage. She has to live in isolation in Pasadena, and she's not allowed unsupervised contact with straight men. 

Is this true?  Where did you learn that?  Just curious about where you heard the part about unsupervised contact with straight men.  If it's true, then Tom really has her on a leash, doesn't he?  I wonder how many other conditions there are to this marriage.  It sounds like he's being careful, but who could blame him?  As much as I find her entertaining, she is very headstrong.