Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

I actually see an early exit for Erika irrespective of whether it's Jayne or Girardi competing. She often seems rather winded in her own performances and I can't wrap my head around the idea of her mastering technical choreography quickly

Which doesn't make her all the different from many of the other competitors on that show. Much of the time, it comes down to luck of partner more than anything else and getting the right song.

I don't know if it's grinding an axe with Kathryn so much as just offering her opinion of how she saw things happen last year.

1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

The identity of Erika's partner will serve as a moderately reliable indication of her proficiency and how far she's expected to go. Derek invariably is teamed up with one of if not the best female celebrity on the season roster; Val, likewise, usually gets paired with a contender. 

I actually see an early exit for Erika irrespective of whether it's Jayne or Girardi competing. She often seems rather winded in her own performances and I can't wrap my head around the idea of her mastering technical choreography quickly. I could be wrong, though; who knows how valuable patting the puss will prove at preparing her for the Argentine tango.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.realitytea.com/2017/02/16/erika-jayne-dishes-rhobh-alliances-husbands-castmates-jenny-mccarthy-show/amp/

It's a little bizarre that she's still grinding an axe against Kathryn Edwards in her recent media rounds and reflective of why I don't think I'll ever be able to like her: she's inveterately aggressive and kind of dumb. I know that Kathryn expounded upon the virtues of designer handbags but Erika's going to slam her for fronting when Kathryn unabashedly showed her comparably modest real estate on air (and bought a chateau) while Erika's peddling bullshit about only flying on private jets and being the "First Lady" of law associations.

I hope Dorit is able to deflate those pretensions at the reunion because they're just as egregious as any contrived accent. 

At essence, Erika is like a sadder version of Norma Desmond or Baby Jane who, unlike either of those references, never actually achieved fame. Her tittilation over how "aghast" people must be at her videos and shtick is really strange and out of touch. Who's going to be scandalized by her act again? Mikey? Andy? Any private gay citizen who can see more graphic performances at any Pride parade? 

LVP was on Jenny McCarthy a week after Erika.  Apparently Erika said LVP had changed over the seven seasons.  LVP said, "that's rich coming from someone who said she has never watched the show."  http://www.realitytea.com/2017/02/23/lisa-vanderpump-talks-camera-drama-feeling-vindicated-adoption-jenny-mccarthy-show/  Erika's savvy, what we see of it, is through osmosis through her relationship with her husband.  I don't get why Erika counts other people's money or comments on it.  Donnie Edwards made a lot of money playing ball, (in the $50 million dollar range), has no ex-wife or kids to pay down.  Kathryn got a nice chunk of change from Marcus Allen.  What Kathryn doesn't have is a 15 person travelling squad or glam squad.  I would take the chateau any day over a glam squad.

I saw the expected line up and all I can say is Erika has some stiff competition in Simone Biles.  I will be anxious to see who shows up (as far as RHs go) to watch Erika.  LVP had Kyle, Brandi and maybe some others. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Is Erika likely to be popular with the audience demographics of Dancing With The Stars

No. And Housewives typically do not perform particularly well because, obviously, their name recognition and fan base aren't going to be as substantial as that of, say, Kirstie Alley. I think NeNe tallied the best result among those who derived their fame from Bravo with a 6th or 7th place finish - and she, I would argue, has considerably more crossover/mainstream fame from Glee, The New Normal, etc. 

A competitor can make it far, though, with comparatively lesser celebrity (Riker Lynch) or even being somewhat disliked (Tamar Braxton) if they are genuinely talented at dance and log good scores. 

• Love 4
On 2/25/2017 at 9:31 AM, zoeysmom said:

LVP was on Jenny McCarthy a week after Erika.  Apparently Erika said LVP had changed over the seven seasons.  LVP said, "that's rich coming from someone who said she has never watched the show."  http://www.realitytea.com/2017/02/23/lisa-vanderpump-talks-camera-drama-feeling-vindicated-adoption-jenny-mccarthy-show/  Erika's savvy, what we see of it, is through osmosis through her relationship with her husband.  I don't get why Erika counts other people's money or comments on it.  Donnie Edwards made a lot of money playing ball, (in the $50 million dollar range), has no ex-wife or kids to pay down.  Kathryn got a nice chunk of change from Marcus Allen.  What Kathryn doesn't have is a 15 person travelling squad or glam squad.  I would take the chateau any day over a glam squad.

I saw the expected line up and all I can say is Erika has some stiff competition in Simone Biles.  I will be anxious to see who shows up (as far as RHs go) to watch Erika.  LVP had Kyle, Brandi and maybe some others. 

I follow Kathryn and Donnie on Instagram, and I don't know if they have a private plane, but they travel constantly, seem to be involved with WWII vets, have a cute dog and seem really in love with each other.  Maybe that is what Erica's problem is with Kathryn.  Jealousy. 

And no, Kathryn doesn't have a glam squad.  She looks very casual and make-up free in a lot of pictures.

• Love 21
42 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It feels kind of unfair to have Heather Morris from Glee competing against Erika, Mr. T, Charo and Simone Biles. Heather Morris had competed on the 2nd season of So You Think You Can Dance and was one of Beyoncé's backup dancers.

At the end of the day it will be good exposure for Erika.  People all over the world will be saying WTF?

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It feels kind of unfair to have Heather Morris from Glee competing against Erika, Mr. T, Charo and Simone Biles. Heather Morris had competed on the 2nd season of So You Think You Can Dance and was one of Beyoncé's backup dancers.

Wait - what has BEYONCÉ got on Mikey's choreography?

This has been an issue for most of the show's run, the most glaring example of which was when Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls competed as an amateur partnered with Derek Hough. Riker Lynch, Derek's cousin and a backup dancer on Glee, was also a notable illustration. 

15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

At the end of the day it will be good exposure for Erika.  People all over the world will be saying WTF?

I'm actually a little troubled that Erika Jayne will be the one making appearances on the dance floor in order to persuade all of the little girls watching that yes, they, too, can be a feminist if they grab their crotches, writhe around on the floor, and depend on men both artistically and monetarily. They can even get a Cartier ring if they're "good" and "doing what every woman does" for jewelry. 

Who knows, though? Maybe Julianne Hough will try to slut shame her and I'll actually end up on Team EJ like I did Amber Rose. 

9 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Jealous of what? Ericka seems just as happy in her life as Kathryn does.

Perhaps a husband who doesn't publicly shush her/ give her "stern talking to's" and the self-restraint to refrain from sticking her hands in people's faces at charity events. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Jealous of what? Ericka seems just as happy in her life as Kathryn does.

Kathryn has a very constant and pretty hot companion.  Erika, bless her heart, always seems to be settling.  One couple is all about being together and the other is all about making time.  Doesn't mean one or the other is better.  I would just rather be Kathryn.  Smaller house, no glam squad but she seems pretty content.  Erika always seems to be justifying. 

• Love 12

Perhaps a husband who doesn't publicly shush her/ give her "stern talking to's" and the self-restraint to refrain from sticking her hands in people's faces at charity events. 

Kathryn has a very constant and pretty hot companion.  Erika, bless her heart, always seems to be settling.  One couple is all about being together and the other is all about making time.  Doesn't mean one or the other is better.  I would just rather be Kathryn.  Smaller house, no glam squad but she seems pretty content.  Erika always seems to be justifying. 

Jealousy implies that she sees something in Kathryn that she wants for herself. Which I don't see. Ericka seems happy and content with what she has. I doubt she'd still be with Tom if she wasn't. Heck, 20 years is a long time for a marriage these days.

Calling someone jealous is even more played out than saying haters gonna hate. Sometimes two people just don't like each other and/or don't get along and it has nothing to do with jealousy.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, NewGranny said:

I don't think that Erica seems very happy.  To me it just seems like she is faking it most of the time.  JMO

Of course gold digger ErICKa is. She married a fat, rich, ugly, old fart - FOR HIS MONEY.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:56 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

She's really not a dancer. She'll do a few moves, a split, pat the puss and that's really it. Her dancers really do the work. If you watch closely when they show her performing, she's not doing much.

ErICKa has ZERO talent and a fat ass.

• Love 1

Non sequitur but every time I see Erika's talking heads I think that she'd be a great "spokesmodel" for Too Faced cosmetics. Her peach look is similar to their very popular peach palette. Plus, the whole Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne thing would be a nice play on the brand name (and isn't her tag line about  not being two faced?). Plus I think she fits their vibe -- not too serious but into being glam. And their color palettes would really work for her.

Anyway. If this ever happens I demand a cut of the check! ;)

• Love 7
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I'd forgotten that the Fifth Harmony chick is partnered with Val. Tamara Tattles is deludedly effusing about Erika's potential to win but I don't even see a path to the finals for her. 

Just among the women, Heather will be the most talented, then the FH girl; Simone will have the biggest fan base; and Nancy Kerrigan will be then dark horse imo. 

It could have been cool to see Maks and Erika squabbling though. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

I'd forgotten that the Fifth Harmony chick is partnered with Val. Tamara Tattles is deludedly effusing about Erika's potential to win but I don't even see a path to the finals for her. 

Just among the women, Heather will be the most talented, then the FH girl; Simone will have the biggest fan base; and Nancy Kerrigan will be then dark horse imo. 

It could have been cool to see Maks and Erika squabbling though. 

I have so many questions, will Erika Jayne bring her own glam squad or have to settle for the DWTS crew?  Will Tom show up to and will the cameras pan to him in the audience?  I am thinking the bull rider/model might do well.  I agree with your assessment.  Anyone think Charo might have a chance?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I have so many questions, will Erika Jayne bring her own glam squad or have to settle for the DWTS crew?  Will Tom show up to and will the cameras pan to him in the audience?  I am thinking the bull rider/model might do well.  I agree with your assessment.  Anyone think Charo might have a chance?

Oh I bet Tom will be there as much as he can.  He is very charged that he has such a beautiful wife.  I assume she will bring the hair and make up guys from her glam squad.  I would think DWTS would like that she will take care of that.  

Charo, no way.  She is going to irritate the fuck out of everyone, too.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well, now we'll see if Erika has any real dance moves - or if she's a one-puss-patting-pony.

I have a feeling she'll make the most of this opportunity.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

Will Tom show up to and will the cameras pan to him in the audience? 

It probably depends on whether she's doing the show as Erika Girardi, or Erika Jayne. I don't think the latter considers herself to be married.

12 hours ago, jaync said:

It probably depends on whether she's doing the show as Erika Girardi, or Erika Jayne. I don't think the latter considers herself to be married.

Erika has said she will be 100% Erika Jayne.  It makes me nuts that she believes and pushes she has two personas.  To me if she is getting the opportunity because of her heighten exposure on RHOBH, she needs to be Erika Jayne Girardi.  Let the whole world know how she pays for her alter-ego. 

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, lunastartron said:

The identity of Erika's partner will serve as a moderately reliable indication of her proficiency and how far she's expected to go. Derek invariably is teamed up with one of if not the best female celebrity on the season roster; Val, likewise, usually gets paired with a contender. 

I actually see an early exit for Erika irrespective of whether it's Jayne or Girardi competing. She often seems rather winded in her own performances and I can't wrap my head around the idea of her mastering technical choreography quickly. I could be wrong, though; who knows how valuable patting the puss will prove at preparing her for the Argentine tango.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.realitytea.com/2017/02/16/erika-jayne-dishes-rhobh-alliances-husbands-castmates-jenny-mccarthy-show/amp/

It's a little bizarre that she's still grinding an axe against Kathryn Edwards in her recent media rounds and reflective of why I don't think I'll ever be able to like her: she's inveterately aggressive and kind of dumb. I know that Kathryn expounded upon the virtues of designer handbags but Erika's going to slam her for fronting when Kathryn unabashedly showed her comparably modest real estate on air (and bought a chateau) while Erika's peddling bullshit about only flying on private jets and being the "First Lady" of law associations.

I hope Dorit is able to deflate those pretensions at the reunion because they're just as egregious as any contrived accent. 

At essence, Erika is like a sadder version of Norma Desmond or Baby Jane who, unlike either of those references, never actually achieved fame. Her tittilation over how "aghast" people must be at her videos and shtick is really strange and out of touch. Who's going to be scandalized by her act again? Mikey? Andy? Any private gay citizen who can see more graphic performances at any Pride parade? 

ErICKa is a really sad case.  Her shtick is BORING. She has NO talent. Her acts are a pathetic case of someone who has NO talent. The first lady of law associations? LOL. The lawyer's wives of her fat, troll husband associates are laughing at her. ErICKa reminds me of an uneducated loser, trailer trash.

• Love 1

For someone that boring and with no talent, she seems to be doing ok for herself and having a fun, enjoyable time.

Plus, I don't think she gives a fuck if the other wives are laughing at her, which, good for her. She isn't focusing on that nonsense and seems more into having a good time with her life. Again, good for her.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Plus, I don't think she gives a fuck if the other wives are laughing at her, which, good for her. She isn't focusing on that nonsense and seems more into having a good time with her life.

I think she gives all the fucks that people are laughing at her because she doesn't have a sense of humor about anything but most especially herself. She isn't alone in this but for me she has never said anything funny or even just had a real laugh. Even when alone with Kyle and Eileen the HWs she is closest to she doesn't seem to have an authentic moment.

• Love 13

If she gave that many fucks, she probably would change the way she acts and what she is doing.

As for not being genuine/authentic/funny, I guess mileage varies but she has had many genuine and authentic moments with both ladies. From getting Eileen's "present" to laughing with her while auditioning/practicing with her for her Y&R, to some fun moments with Kyle in Mykonos, I don't see her as being a frigid humorless woman. I guess mileage varies on that subject.

Heck she has a moment coming up in the next episode which definitely made me like her even more. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't watch the video, but if you, it near the end of the video.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

fun moments with Kyle in Mykonos, I don't see her as being a frigid humorless woman

Never suggested she was was frigid, just humorless. I just found those moments in Mykonos to be about her and not about her and Kyle's friendship. To me Kyle looked like she wasn't having fun and neither did Erika, she just always seems to be about her persona even when talking to her husband. Of course it is completely subjective but it's why I have a hard time warming to her. 

You can be a good and decent person and be guarded (hell that is how i would be on film) but there is something i find completely lacking in Erika which is why I don't warm to her and it's the fact that I haven't seen her be someone I would want to hangout with (I have also found every party she hosted to be sterile and lacking food and not seem like anyone even the "extras" having fun).  Hell I hate Kim, LR, Brandi, Eileen, and a ton of other housewives but they have moments when they interact with others where I think they are can be naturally funny aND look like they are having fun I just have never felt that from Erika even when she is hanging with her crew.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

For someone that boring and with no talent, she seems to be doing ok for herself and having a fun, enjoyable time.

Plus, I don't think she gives a fuck if the other wives are laughing at her, which, good for her. She isn't focusing on that nonsense and seems more into having a good time with her life. Again, good for her.

She gave lots of fucks when "everyone" had been discussing her decision to go commando. 

She certainly gave one when Rinna and Bethenny voiced opinions that weren't adulative regarding that video in which she writhed around on a bed ("Painkillr"?).

She fabricates positions/titles like "First Lady of Tom's law associations" and lies about inane matters like only flying private. 

She makes sure that everyone knows the label of her tee shirt reads "Moschino," which makes it a totally distinguished tee shirt. 

She can't "own" shit caught on tape like playing runtelldat to Yo (which she in fact explicitly lied about) or disparaging Lisa. 

The simple fact of being accurately quoted on her opinions is enough to make her physically invade someone else's space at a philanthropic event. 

All in all, it seems like she gives a ton of fucks. 

• Love 13

She gave lots of fucks when "everyone" had been discussing her decision to go commando. 

She got over it pretty quickly (well, relatively quickly, by this franchise's standards).

She fabricates positions/titles like "First Lady of Tom's law associations"

I thought she was being figurative, and not literal, when she made that comment. I mean, doubt she is listing it on her resume.

Name dropping/owning shit to me is a bit different from giving or not giving a fuck, but again, mileage matters (plus much the stuff with Yolanda and Bethany happened last season, and Ericka seems much more chill this season than last).

My original comment was referring to the lawyer's wives, not the housewives.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AndySmith said:

If she gave that many fucks, she probably would change the way she acts and what she is doing.

As for not being genuine/authentic/funny, I guess mileage varies but she has had many genuine and authentic moments with both ladies. From getting Eileen's "present" to laughing with her while auditioning/practicing with her for her Y&R, to some fun moments with Kyle in Mykonos, I don't see her as being a frigid humorless woman. I guess mileage varies on that subject.

Heck she has a moment coming up in the next episode which definitely made me like her even more. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't watch the video, but if you, it near the end of the video.

If Erika can open up to the camera about such personal matters, why not the other RHs?  It sends a mixed message.  Although I will say when Erika was discussing her grandmother last season, I did wonder about her parents. 

All of the examples given about Erika's genuineness directly involved Erika being the center of attention.  The gift of a part, her rehearsing, her acting lessons, her auditions, her dancing, her endless photo sessions-even when doing something as simple as attending the Lyme Gala, her loving Rinna imitating her dance routine.  There are two times I think Erika was truly genuine and it wasn't about her, once when she saw Kim and seemed to be really happy for her becoming a grandmother and when she was defending Yolanda wanting to be sitting first row at her daughter's shows but was unable due to Lyme Disease.   

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lunastartron said:

She certainly gave one when Rinna and Bethenny voiced opinions that weren't adulative regarding that video in which she writhed around on a bed ("Painkillr"?).

She fabricates positions/titles like "First Lady of Tom's law associations" and lies about inane matters like only flying private. 

She makes sure that everyone knows the label of her tee shirt reads "Moschino," which makes it a totally distinguished tee shirt. 

She can't "own" shit caught on tape like playing runtelldat to Yo (which she in fact explicitly lied about) or disparaging Lisa. 

The simple fact of being accurately quoted on her opinions is enough to make her physically invade someone else's space at a philanthropic event. 

You NAILED it. 100% CORRECT!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

If Erika can open up to the camera about such personal matters, why not the other RHs?

She is under no obligation to. Yes, it might seem strange to open up to the cameras since the HWs will see it anyway eventually, but she just find it easier to communicate that way. And she might just be selective with who she chooses to discuss things with.

All of the examples given about Erika's genuineness directly involved Erika being the center of attention

And...so what? I'm not sure I see the correlation between how that makes her any less genuine in her reactions. Or how that makes her different from any of the other HWs. If there are more moments focusing on her, it just means that this season she is mostly staying out of the drama involving the other women. And when she does get involved, she does seem real and genuine there too (wanting to give Rinna the benefit of the doubt, telling her she needed to resolve the issue with Kyle without telling her exactly what Kyle knew, etc).

And hey, mileage varies when it comes to funny. I laughed out loud in the last episode when she made the "Any more of this and I'm gonna become an alcoholic" comment. To each their own.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

She is under no obligation to. Yes, it might seem strange to open up to the cameras since the HWs will see it anyway eventually, but she just find it easier to communicate that way. And she might just be selective with who she chooses to discuss things with.

And...so what? I'm not sure I see the correlation between how that makes her any less genuine in her reactions. Or how that makes her different from any of the other HWs. If there are more moments focusing on her, it just means that this season she is mostly staying out of the drama involving the other women. And when she does get involved, she does seem real and genuine there too (wanting to give Rinna the benefit of the doubt, telling her she needed to resolve the issue with Kyle without telling her exactly what Kyle knew, etc).

And hey, mileage varies when it comes to funny. I laughed out loud in the last episode when she made the "Any more of this and I'm gonna become an alcoholic" comment. To each their own.

Bravo has been running a promo all morning saying Erika opens up to Kyle about her visit to Atlanta.  Progress.  BTW if I were Erika I wouldn't open up to Dorit, just because they don't have a good vibe together.  They may end up coming around like I believe Erika and LVP have but a little too  much discourse between the two of them out the gate to strike up a bond.

I do appreciate Erika staying on the outskirts.  She has been consistent in not getting involved in the Kim drama and last season even stood up to Rinna and addressed Rinna talking about Kim in front of Kyle. 

I did think the line about becoming an alcoholic was very funny.  I think Erika is just tired of the constant Rinna/Kim drama.      

• Love 5
(edited)

Both Kyle and Ericka have commented about how they are becoming closer. She won't become close to Dorit because Dorit seems to be pushing on her to open up and asking her why she isn't so open, why is she so guarded, etc. She doesn't seem to get that is turning off Ericka big time. Ericka is probably closest to Kyle and even Eileen at this point probably because both women aren't trying to force a friendship on Ericka. They are letting Ericka become friends with them at Ericka's pace, and letting the friendship develop organically.

Here is Kyle discussing her friendship with Ericka. Granted, there does seem to be a bit of revisionism there. I don't quite remember the two of them hitting it off quite so fabulously last season. And I do think their friendship seemed to develop much more this season. But still.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Both Kyle and Ericka have commented about how they are becoming closer. She won't become close to Dorit because Dorit seems to be pushing on her to open up and asking her why she isn't so open, why is she so guarded, etc. She doesn't seem to get that is turning off Ericka big time. Ericka is probably closest to Kyle and even Eileen at this point probably because both women aren't trying to force a friendship on Ericka. They are letting Ericka become friends with them at Ericka's pace, and letting the friendship develop organically.

I love the friendships between Erika and Eileen, and Erika and Kyle. Because they do seem organic, and because they didn't come about out of any type of alliance, or mutual dislike of someone else (which happens so often on these shows). They seem to really want the best for each other, Eileen getting such a kick out of being able to deliver on the soap script for Erika, and being truly happy for her for no reason other than she just really likes her and wants to see her happy. I have also loved the supportive conversations between Kyle and Erika. Love that Erika constantly talks about Kyle being a kick-ass mom and business woman. She always seems to want to prop Kyle up and make her feel special and important. Their conversations seem very real. 

I will also say that I like the fact that there don't seem to be deep lines drawn in the sand this season. So often if one HW hates another or is having issues with them, they expect or hope that their friends will take sides. This isn't the case this year. Kyle is having issues with Lisar, but that doesn't get in the way of the Kyle/Erika friendship, and in other cases it might have since Erika is so close to Lisar. I think there is real growth in LVP, because she doesn't seem to have any issues in a Kyle/Erika friendship, even though LVP had her own issues with Erika last year (but I think they have moved far away from those issues). Eileen is able to be positive and supportive of Kim, and that doesn't get in the way of her relationship with Lisar. Kyle can be close to both Dorit and Erika, even though there is tension in the air often when they are in small group settings. They just all seem to be hitting their groove in different ways and with different people, but I am sure that the Bravo Gods have something else in store and things will change shortly. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

I know this sounds kind of lame but Erika seems to develop a decent amount of savvy when it comes when to side up and when to step aside.  I would say keeping up some sort of war with Dorit is non-productive except to the producers.  Given Dorit's inability, in whatever accent, to get to the point, their issues will probably take up an inordinate amount of time at the Reunion.  Much like the over exposure of the flipping Y&R cameo and the dancing stuff for the $$$pensive video.  Then again and here is where I am contradicting myself, we had Kyle cleaning out her garage this week. 

If Erika is sufficiently savvy she will realize that Dorit is on good terms with the two stars, Kyle and LVP, and just give it a rest.  Part of Erika's savvy is knowing when to put down the shovel before you start to dig the hole.  I say this as opposed to Rinna who digs a hole so deep there aren't enough shovels.  Short of Eileen having a sex change or getting a divorce I really can't see her returning next year.  Her entire storyline is Erika's Y&R appearance and grieving. 

• Love 7

I think Erika found a Sugar Daddy who wanted a hot wife and she needed money . There is no romance of affection between them and the way he speaks to her is  rude- like a servant. .Even when they hug it is more like friends than a couple. He is short and has money and probably impotent. He gets a young wife and she gets money to do her shitty show. A business arrangement.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think she gives all the fucks that people are laughing at her because she doesn't have a sense of humor about anything but most especially herself. She isn't alone in this but for me she has never said anything funny or even just had a real laugh. Even when alone with Kyle and Eileen the HWs she is closest to she doesn't seem to have an authentic moment.

Mileage definitely varies on that because I find her very funny - in fact, she makes me laugh way more than "witty" LVP - just last episode, I laughed when she deadpanned, "I'm gonna be an alcoholic by the time this is over" as she knocked back another glass of wine.

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

If Erika is sufficiently savvy she will realize that Dorit is on good terms with the two stars, Kyle and LVP, and just give it a rest.  Part of Erika's savvy is knowing when to put down the shovel before you start to dig the hole.  I say this as opposed to Rinna who digs a hole so deep there aren't enough shovels.  Short of Eileen having a sex change or getting a divorce I really can't see her returning next year.  Her entire storyline is Erika's Y&R appearance and grieving. 

I don't think playing that game always works out too well. LVP blindly took Kyle's side against Brandi in Season 2 and then back peddled quick once the shows started to air. Judging by Twitter and whatnot, fan favor already fell on Erika's side against Dorit at the beginning of the season. I don't think Erika really plays the political game. And I personally sense she'd rather leave the show than play ball in a way that feels inauthentic to her.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeah, I don't see what Dorit being friends with Kyle or LVP has to do with Ericka's standing on the show. Kyle would probably stay out of whatever confrontation Dorit and Ericka have unless it involves herself or Kyle. LVP might jump in or she might not. She hasn't yet.

Plus, Dorit seems to be pushing Ericka more than Ericka seems to be pushing Dorit.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Mileage definitely varies on that because I find her very funny - in fact, she makes me laugh way more than "witty" LVP - just last episode, I laughed when she deadpanned, "I'm gonna be an alcoholic by the time this is over" as she knocked back another glass of wine.

I don't think playing that game always works out too well. LVP blindly took Kyle's side against Brandi in Season 2 and then back peddled quick once the shows started to air. Judging by Twitter and whatnot, fan favor already fell on Erika's side against Dorit at the beginning of the season. I don't think Erika really plays the political game. And I personally sense she'd rather leave the show than play ball in a way that feels inauthentic to her.

I see Erika very differently, she played a lot of politics the first year blindly reporting to Yolanda, and go after LVP who never did anything to her.  She was smart and sort of stayed out of the Kyle, Kim stuff but did pretty much call Kyle a moron for staying friends with LVP.  I thought it was so kind when meeting Kim her first comment was, "I watched your movie last night."

LVP and Kyle's blowout came at the Season 2 Reunion when Kyle made the ill-advised Bobby Fisher comment and failed to defend LVP. I sided with Kyle and didn't get it but that's on me.  LVP and Brandi was a poor choice of an ally which culminated in a pretty horrible Season 4. 

To me, it seems Erika has enjoyed hazing Dorit a bit.  From Dorit's comments I really don't see her returning but BH has always delivered interesting RHs so losing Dorit is not that big of a deal.  I think she came on more to promote Boy George than anything else. It would not surprise me to see LVP, Kyle, Rinna and Erika being the only returnees.  Eileen is kind of over and had a good run for a lot of money. 

Erika is having a hot run for RH right now.  Cherish it.  I can totally see Cohen offering a spin-off to Erika and her collaborator Mikey, which does away with those pesky RHs.  It worked for Kim Zolciak.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Here is Kyle discussing her friendship with Ericka. Granted, there does seem to be a bit of revisionism there. I don't quite remember the two of them hitting it off quite so fabulously last season. And I do think their friendship seemed to develop much more this season. But still.

I am warming to Erika more weekly.  I didn't like her as Yolo's guard dog but without that contrived relationship she's cool.  Most guarded people I know (including myself)  are that way as a preservation mechanism based on being hurt by people that proved to be untrustworthy.  Its hard to not second guess the motives of others when you have been really effed over.  So I think there is a story there that she may or may not tell someday.

• Love 2

I don't really see Erika as political at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. She came on as a friend of Yo's, who was hated by so many. Then she says the "sniper from the side" thing about LVP on camera. A political person would have found a way to be friends with Yo, while not garnering the anger of the LVP faithful. She didn't have to become close friends with LVP,  just not make an enemy of her. She told the truth about the Queen right from the start, which is guaranteed to make lots of folks not like you, no matter what else you do. A gal trying to walk the line just doesn't do something like that. More importantly, Eileen and Lisar are now Enemy number 1 and 2. Why stay friends and be supportive of two people who will literally never be able to do anything right from here on out (unless and until they become close to LVP and she loves them, which means they can do whatever they want and will be loved) if you are trying to be political? I think she says what is on her mind and doesn't really care what people or fans think. She is certainly no LVP in that regard. 

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't really see Erika as political at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. She came on as a friend of Yo's, who was hated by so many. Then she says the "sniper from the side" thing about LVP on camera. A political person would have found a way to be friends with Yo, while not garnering the anger of the LVP faithful. She didn't have to become close friends with LVP,  just not make an enemy of her. She told the truth about the Queen right from the start, which is guaranteed to make lots of folks not like you, no matter what else you do. A gal trying to walk the line just doesn't do something like that. More importantly, Eileen and Lisar are now Enemy number 1 and 2. Why stay friends and be supportive of two people who will literally never be able to do anything right from here on out (unless and until they become close to LVP and she loves them, which means they can do whatever they want and will be loved) if you are trying to be political? I think she says what is on her mind and doesn't really care what people or fans think. She is certainly no LVP in that regard. 

I may have not liked Yolanda but I think she was a bit of a fan favorite.  It had more to do with Tom meeting her and on their first meeting calling LVP an alligator who waits by the side of the bank to take down prey.  That is a very political statement and it was no based on any personal experience or observation. It was not the truth it was someone else's truth, like say Yolanda's.  I think you are trying to make things too black and white-I see flaws and strengths in everyone.   Eileen saw everything love and light in LVP until LVP made a totally stupid comment about she and Vince.  You can't expect to be forgiven if you can't be forgiving. 

Supposedly Kyle is friends with Rinna, Eileen, LVP, Dorit, Erika and Kim, so why can't Erika do the same?  I think Erika is run by fans because she is trying to get her tawdry music career mainstream. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I may have not liked Yolanda but I think she was a bit of a fan favorite.  It had more to do with Tom meeting her and on their first meeting calling LVP an alligator who waits by the side of the bank to take down prey.  That is a very political statement and it was no based on any personal experience or observation. It was not the truth it was someone else's truth, like say Yolanda's.  I think you are trying to make things too black and white-I see flaws and strengths in everyone.   Eileen saw everything love and light in LVP until LVP made a totally stupid comment about she and Vince.  You can't expect to be forgiven if you can't be forgiving. 

Supposedly Kyle is friends with Rinna, Eileen, LVP, Dorit, Erika and Kim, so why can't Erika do the same?  I think Erika is run by fans because she is trying to get her tawdry music career mainstream. 

I think this "guarded" claim Erika makes is nothing more than the persona she chose for the show to make her Erika Jane personality stand out more and to keep viewers wanting to know more about her. Bottom line, she is more about selling her EJ personality than she is her married EG side. LOL

• Love 9
6 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I think Erika found a Sugar Daddy who wanted a hot wife and she needed money . There is no romance of affection between them and the way he speaks to her is  rude- like a servant. .Even when they hug it is more like friends than a couple. He is short and has money and probably impotent. He gets a young wife and she gets money to do her shitty show. A business arrangement.

The short, homely Sugar Daddy probably can't get it up. ErICKa is a total trashy gold digger. Without him, she'd probably be dancing in you know where. Her shows are a LOL!

• Love 2