Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

It had more to do with Tom meeting her and on their first meeting calling LVP an alligator who waits by the side of the bank to take down prey.  That is a very political statement and it was no based on any personal experience or observation

Well, he wasn't that far off...and that's on Tom, not on Ericka.

Supposedly Kyle is friends with Rinna, Eileen, LVP, Dorit, Erika and Kim, so why can't Erika do the same?

Do the same in terms of what, exactly?

I think this "guarded" claim Erika makes is nothing more than the persona she chose for the show to make her Erika Jane personality stand out more and to keep viewers wanting to know more about her. Bottom line, she is more about selling her EJ personality than she is her married EG side

Given what we know about and have seen regarding Ericka's history, I can see her as being guarded.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I may have not liked Yolanda but I think she was a bit of a fan favorite.  It had more to do with Tom meeting her and on their first meeting calling LVP an alligator who waits by the side of the bank to take down prey.  That is a very political statement and it was no based on any personal experience or observation. It was not the truth it was someone else's truth, like say Yolanda's.  I think you are trying to make things too black and white-I see flaws and strengths in everyone.   Eileen saw everything love and light in LVP until LVP made a totally stupid comment about she and Vince.  You can't expect to be forgiven if you can't be forgiving. 

Supposedly Kyle is friends with Rinna, Eileen, LVP, Dorit, Erika and Kim, so why can't Erika do the same?  I think Erika is run by fans because she is trying to get her tawdry music career mainstream

I would be shocked to find that the regular watchers of this show are Erika's target audience, but then again I could be wrong. Her music is the one thing that I don't like about her, and a big reason I gave her the side-eye most of last season. No doubt she is trying to advance her career in some manner, but then that just makes her exactly like the rest of them. I don't get the part about Erika doing the same as Kyle. In what manner? Of course they are different people with different personalities. 

I guess I don't see how a comment that Tom made has anything to do with Erika being political. I read time and time again about things that Tom has said that seem to reflect poorly on Erika for some reason. The guy has hardly even been on the show this season. I also don't get the part about him (or Erika, or anyone else) saying things based on no personal observation. We know that they watched the show before Erika came on because he talked about some of the things that happened in S5 at the dinner party they held last season. He seemed very much in the loop as to the things that had gone on the season before. Since they both watched, which means observed, then coming to the conclusion that LVP is one sneaky operator just means that they were paying attention, IMO.  You, me, and a good number of the viewing audience has said the same thing many times over the years. 

• Love 6
On 2/27/2017 at 0:15 PM, AndySmith said:

Jealous of what? Ericka seems just as happy in her life as Kathryn does.

Erika may have all the bells and whistles as the rich and famous, but IF she is "happy" I would be very surprised. She seems kind of stunted emotionally and has a business arrangement for a marriage. She can insist all she wants that she and Tom love each other, and they may, as companions but it couldn't take the place of a loving, caring marriage. 

• Love 8

as companions but it couldn't take the place of a loving, caring marriage. 

And why is that something Ericka would be jealous of to begin with? Assuming your line of thinking is correct, and Ericka and Tom have a business arrangement for a marriage, who says that what Kathryn has is something Ericka aspires to or wants? It isn't the goal for everyone, and its wrong to assume that is what everyone wants in life. She might be perfectly content with whatever arrangement she has with Tom, making the idea of her being jealous somewhat pointless.

• Love 8

To me, Tom and Ericka seem happy with each other and their marriage, whatever kind of relationship it involves.  She always talks about him with such respect and kind words, and seems content with her lifestyle.  It may not be most people's idea of what a marriage should be or entail, but it does seem to work for them.  Although she's used to it by now, I don't think she likes their relationship being scrutinized based on appearances or assumptions.

I like Ericka a lot more this season than last.  I'm not sure she's a good fit, mostly because she doesn't seem to have the patience or desire to get involved in the petty drama that rules these shows.  She's the "anti-Rinna"

• Love 15

The way Ericka speaks of Tom reminds me of how Kendra W. used to speak of Hugh Hefner during the Girl Next Door years. You knew she didn't love him as her lover/partner/whatever but she had love and affection for him as her savior in a way. Sounded like Kendra was heading down a really bad path before she became one of the girlfriends. I often think that's the thing with these two. Ericka might be grateful for Tom in her life. She was broke and a single mom and he gave her security.

i never bought the whole "I didn't watch the show before I joined" nonsense. As if she and Tom didn't screen to find out beforehand if Ericka's involvement could cause damage to Tom's rep. A smart lawyer like Tom would do his research.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

The way Ericka speaks of Tom reminds me of how Kendra W. used to speak of Hugh Hefner during the Girl Next Door years. You knew she didn't love him as her lover/partner/whatever but she had love and affection for him as her savior in a way. Sounded like Kendra was heading down a really bad path before she became one of the girlfriends. I often think that's the thing with these two. Ericka might be grateful for Tom in her life. She was broke and a single mom and he gave her security.

i never bought the whole "I didn't watch the show before I joined" nonsense. As if she and Tom didn't screen to find out beforehand if Ericka's involvement could cause damage to Tom's rep. A smart lawyer like Tom would do his research.

IMO, Erika wasn't a single mom when she met Tom because her son was living with her ex husband in NY full time. She may have been paying child support but the ex had full custody. Maybe her son came out to California to visit her when he was older and on school break but that doesn't equate to being a single mom the way most think of that term, her ex would have been a "single dad".

• Love 13
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I would be shocked to find that the regular watchers of this show are Erika's target audience, but then again I could be wrong. Her music is the one thing that I don't like about her, and a big reason I gave her the side-eye most of last season. No doubt she is trying to advance her career in some manner, but then that just makes her exactly like the rest of them. I don't get the part about Erika doing the same as Kyle. In what manner? Of course they are different people with different personalities. 

I guess I don't see how a comment that Tom made has anything to do with Erika being political. I read time and time again about things that Tom has said that seem to reflect poorly on Erika for some reason. The guy has hardly even been on the show this season. I also don't get the part about him (or Erika, or anyone else) saying things based on no personal observation. We know that they watched the show before Erika came on because he talked about some of the things that happened in S5 at the dinner party they held last season. He seemed very much in the loop as to the things that had gone on the season before. Since they both watched, which means observed, then coming to the conclusion that LVP is one sneaky operator just means that they were paying attention, IMO.  You, me, and a good number of the viewing audience has said the same thing many times over the years. 

First off what does one receive after they win "Dancing with the Stars"?  Rhetorical question not directed at you.  I get it good for the professional dancer as it helps their career.  I have never understood the Kyle comparison.  Kyle business ventures make money, Erika's singing career is not a money maker.  Kyle has worked a great deal of her marriage, as in earned money, Erika not so much.

I will clarify why I believe Erika is political, when she came on her husband,  upon meeting LVP for the first time, made a really vicious swipe at her, that had to have come from somewhere.  Erika said last time she was on WWHL, she never watched the show before going on.  I don't believe her but I really don't need her to own it.  I don't believe she and Yolanda were friends before the show or they ever had more than cursory conversation at a charity event.  It sure was a sore spot for Erika someone just asking how she and Yolanda met. I have no idea what your talking about Tom said about the Season 5 dinner party, or which one.  Anyway you can't have both ways-you can't say you didn't see the show and then base a pretty big insult on having watched the show.  Quite honestly because of editing and blogs and personal appearances, it does come off poorly if one does study the show and base their impressions of someone on what they have seen on TV.  Andy Cohen busted Kelly Dodd on her not watching when he did a quiz about Shannon-she knew all the answers and yet she claimed she had not watched the Shannon seasons.

To date when it comes to LVP, she has never really done anything to Erika but support her.  So I don't get why Erika can't be like Kyle and not chose a side in the Eileen vs. LVP battle.  She has nothing to gain. As to Tom saying something and it coming off poorly on Erika, it is another of those both ways conversations.  Ken Todd certainly had said more than a few things that  LVP would not have said and she bears the brunt of it.  If Tom demands respect in his home, then he should be respectful to his guests and wife's co-stars.  Erika demanding her husband deserves respect is lost on me.  He deserves the same amount of respect as anyone else-no more or no less. 

This never watched the show for me, is a huge disqualifier when it comes to weighing the veracity of a RH.  On the cast this year with have three cast members making the claim, Eden, Eileen  and Erika.  Maybe women whose names begin with an "E" think they can pull one over on us. :-)

Here is what I appreciate about Kyle, she let's us know upfront what her relationship is with each RH, past and present.  I think LVP, and Rinna are pretty upfront about their previous encounters with RHs.

• Love 9

Erika seems emotionally detached and not very happy. She and Tom seem satisfied with their relationship but deep down, everyone wants to be loved for who they are as a person. It seems kind of sad that Erika surrounds herself with paid glam squads as opposed to true friends, and that she seems somewhat subservient and intimidated by her husband. 

• Love 12
(edited)

First off what does one receive after they win "Dancing with the Stars"? 

Exposure which boosts your career and business ventures, the same way appearing and winning any competitive reality show would (Celebrity Apprentice included).

Anyway you can't have both ways-you can't say you didn't see the show and then base a pretty big insult on having watched the show. 

That could just have easily come from a conversation with another HW off camera...like say, from Yolanda. Or, anyone else. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened...

To date when it comes to LVP, she has never really done anything to Erika but support her.  So I don't get why Erika can't be like Kyle and not chose a side in the Eileen vs. LVP battle.  She has nothing to gain

I wouldn't say LVP's been supportive. She tends to make quite a few passive-aggressive digs...er, sorry, she's taking the piss out of Ericka. Ericka probably just liked Eileen better, and felt like supporting her. Nothing wrong with that. Though Ericka does seem to be staying out of the drama this season, which seems to work for her better.

As to Tom saying something and it coming off poorly on Erika, it is another of those both ways conversations.  Ken Todd certainly had said more than a few things that  LVP would not have said and she bears the brunt of it

It doesn't have to be. LVP shouldn't be held accountable for what Ken says any more than any of the other HWs should.

Maybe women whose names begin with an "E" think they can pull one over on us.

Or maybe they're just genuinely honest and sincere about it. *shrugs*

It seems kind of sad that Erika surrounds herself with paid glam squads as opposed to true friends

Many musicians become friends with people on their squads, even if they are being paid. Ericka's crew seems to genuinely like her, and vice versa. They seem to enjoy spending time with each other. It's also possible Ericka has real friends, they just don't appear on the show.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

That could just have easily come from a conversation with another HW off camera...like say, from Yolanda. Or, anyone else. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened...

It doesn't have to be. LVP shouldn't be held accountable for what Ken says any more than any of the other HWs should.

Many musicians become friends with people on their squads, even if they are being paid. Ericka's crew seems to genuinely like her, and vice versa. They seem to enjoy spending time with each other. It's also possible Ericka has real friends, they just don't appear on the show.

The idea is each season a person comes on, Dorit springs to mind this season, and claim another RH has not influenced their opinion of someone.  Pretty much what Erika said about Yolanda the first season she was on.  I will say this there is an Executive Producer interview on the Vanderpump Rules thread, and he claims it is the job of the producers to get the cast to voice their thoughts.  So there is that pressure on the RHs.

The bolded part, I never understand why the other RHOA get upset with Kandi's employees when they stand up for her or she apprises them of the goings on.  I believe there have been comments such as-I would never allow an employee of mine to speak that way to_______.  I think it is really important  the performers get along and the choreographer, the managers when dealing with talent.  Otherwise the talents lives could become quite isolated.  Most of the women don't drag their true friends on the show.  Kyle trots a few out from time to time.  LVP had Mohamed and it worked out well for him and his family.

• Love 1

Erika mostly "sings" in an auto tuned whisper, and her songs are forgettable. I don't think anyone who's seen her live at a gay club or Mykonos or whatever even remembers her. Her chart performance is probably linked to how much she pays clubs/DJs to play her stupid songs. I doubt network TV viewers will be buying How Many Fucks, or this: 11hz438.jpg

• Love 10
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

First off what does one receive after they win "Dancing with the Stars"?

I think the stars get a signing fee and an escalating payment for each week they are on and probably a set fee from interviews, promos and other appearances. In the end winning gets you bragging rights and the Mirror Ball Trophy.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I think the stars get a signing fee and an escalating payment for each week they are on and probably a set fee from interviews, promos and other appearances. In the end winning gets you bragging rights and the Mirror Ball Trophy.

I think the only time I watched and I loved the video is when Alfonso Ribeiro did the Carlton dance:  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=alfonso+ribeiro+dancing+with+the+stars+carlton+dance&view=detail&mid=BD4D51E9A38D0F159FD8BD4D51E9A38D0F159FD8&FORM=VIRE

Thanks for the explanation. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Erika mostly "sings" in an auto tuned whisper, and her songs are forgettable. I don't think anyone who's seen her live at a gay club or Mykonos or whatever even remembers her. Her chart performance is probably linked to how much she pays clubs/DJs to play her stupid songs. I doubt network TV viewers will be buying How Many Fucks, or this: 11hz438.jpg

I highly doubt she has ANY fans except for her gay squad and their friends. Her songs are REALLY stupid, and she's REALLY trashy.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, Erika wasn't a single mom when she met Tom because her son was living with her ex husband in NY full time. She may have been paying child support but the ex had full custody. Maybe her son came out to California to visit her when he was older and on school break but that doesn't equate to being a single mom the way most think of that term, her ex would have been a "single dad".

Didn't realize that about the son. But, something tells me that Ericka would still describe herself as a "single mom" (not that I would agree, based on what you wrote above).

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Didn't realize that about the son. But, something tells me that Ericka would still describe herself as a "single mom" (not that I would agree, based on what you wrote above).

She does refer to herself as a single mom and it ticks me off! LOL

• Love 12

Plus, I don't think she gives a fuck if the other wives are laughing at her, which, good for her.

If she truly didn't give a fuck, she wouldn't have mentioned the wives at all.

• Love 9

Contest!!!

Using the "ANNIE" soundtrack, change the title/words to a track to a song that Erikooka would approve of...

Most stars wins!

My entry?

"Tomorrow"

"The sun will cum out tomorrow......."

• Love 3
(edited)

If she truly didn't give a fuck, she wouldn't have mentioned the wives at all.

She said they didn't like her and she just giggled about it. Sounds like not giving a fuck to me.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
On 3/5/2017 at 11:21 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

I agree. No way that a high powered Attorney like Tom would sign up for he and Erika to be on a show he knew nothing about. 

I don't think that is what they are saying. I think Erika was saying she didn't watch the show. She wasn't a fan or a regular viewer. Not that she didn't watch the episodes before signing on the dotted line. That is the what Heather Dubor and Yo both said. That they had never watched the show before deciding to be on it, but then watched some episodes to get an understanding of what it was all about. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I agree. No way that a high powered Attorney like Tom would sign up for he and Erika to be on a show he knew nothing about. 

I don't think that is what they are saying. I think Erika was saying she didn't watch the show. She wasn't a fan or a regular viewer. Not that she didn't watch the episodes before signing on the dotted line. That is the what Heather Dubor and Yo both said. That they had never watched the show before deciding to be on it, but then watched some episodes to get an understanding of what it was all about. 

http://www.starpulse.com/erika-jayne-refused-to-watch-rhobh-when-she-became-a-cast-member-1848550228.html

Erika is on record specifically stating that she did not watch the program even after signing because she didn't want her opinion of the women to be prejudiced by their portrayals.

And then she proceeded to seethe about Vanderpump's pride in being compared to Bobby Fisher in that bizarre blonde coven scene last season as well as comment about how notably Lisa has changed over the course of seven years. 

This is partially what I mean when I say she comes across as rather dumb. There's not even a nod to coherence or nominal effort at keeping the bullshit (like the fiction that she only flies private) straight. It's as lazy and inane as Brandi's fabrications. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

http://www.starpulse.com/erika-jayne-refused-to-watch-rhobh-when-she-became-a-cast-member-1848550228.html

Erika is on record specifically stating that she did not watch the program even after signing because she didn't want her opinion of the women to be prejudiced by their portrayals.

And then she proceeded to seethe about Vanderpump's pride in being compared to Bobby Fisher in that bizarre blonde coven scene last season as well as comment about how notably Lisa has changed over the course of seven years. 

This is partially what I mean when I say she comes across as rather dumb. There's not even a nod to coherence or nominal effort at keeping the bullshit (like the fiction that she only flies private) straight. It's as lazy and inane as Brandi's fabrications. 

ErICKa - TOTAL liar and DUMB and TRASHY.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Yes she did and I don't believe her.  Common sense dictates if you are approached about a show, you do your research.  Erika also opened for Kim Zolciak one night and Andy was there.  I am thinking her connection had more to so with her choreographer Mikey, than Yolanda.  The dead give away for me is Yolanda alleged that Erika and Tom  were at a party at the house (during her 18 months of not getting out of bed)  and at the party and she approached Erika.  Tom when filmed at Yolanda's looked and sounded very much like a first time visitor to Yolanda's home.  Add to that the fact David and Yolanda had moved into town and were renting the Malibu home out.  That is what moving day so easy.

• Love 8

Unless you're really stupid or desperate for money, you don't sign up for an established  TV show without viewing it first.  Erika, or Yo or whoever, may have not watched the shows over the seasons but I have no doubt they didn't 'catch up' before signing on the dotted line.  And I have no doubt that Tom checked out, or had someone check out, the show before 'letting' his wife on.

On another note, if Erika and Tom's relationship works for them, so be it.  What bugs me is there is this pretense that comes across.  And then there is this reality that comes across....the dinner with LVP and Ken.  Maybe it's just me but Tom let it be known he's the boss in that relationship.  Tom has an ego and that ego can't be crossed.   Oh, he's fine with Erika Jane because that feeds his ego.  After researching RHBH, he's ok with that because it feeds his ego.  But Erika Girardi needs to know her place.

And....Yeah.  Erika has referred to herself as a single mom.  Nope.  You left your toddler with your ex so you could go to LA and pursue your dreams.  This is the most disturbing part of 'Erika' for me.  Why not pursue your dreams in NY?

• Love 11

You might not watch this particular franchise if you don't want your vision clouded, but I bet she watched one of the other HW shows. I wish someone would ask a question in that manner, because it only makes sense that you at least have an idea what you are getting yourself into and the expectations. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Unless you're really stupid or desperate for money, you don't sign up for an established  TV show without viewing it first.  Erika, or Yo or whoever, may have not watched the shows over the seasons but I have no doubt they didn't 'catch up' before signing on the dotted line.  And I have no doubt that Tom checked out, or had someone check out, the show before 'letting' his wife on.

On another note, if Erika and Tom's relationship works for them, so be it.  What bugs me is there is this pretense that comes across.  And then there is this reality that comes across....the dinner with LVP and Ken.  Maybe it's just me but Tom let it be known he's the boss in that relationship.  Tom has an ego and that ego can't be crossed.   Oh, he's fine with Erika Jane because that feeds his ego.  After researching RHBH, he's ok with that because it feeds his ego.  But Erika Girardi needs to know her place.

And....Yeah.  Erika has referred to herself as a single mom.  Nope.  You left your toddler with your ex so you could go to LA and pursue your dreams.  This is the most disturbing part of 'Erika' for me.  Why not pursue your dreams in NY?

Here is what I don't get about the single mom moniker-single mom means to me you are a mother and you are divorced, widowed or never married the father of your child and are no longer co-habituating with the father, and you are the primary or equal custodial parent of the child/children.  It also means that once you get remarried, you are not a single mom.  It drives me nuts when people refer to Teresa Giudice as a single mom.  She is married.  She may be the sole custodian of the couple's brood but she is not single. 

Maybe we will find out more about Erika on the next episode when she visits Georgia.

• Love 6

Well, we didn't learn anything more about Erika being a 'single' mom, that's for sure. :)

I do 'get' the 'feeling' of being like a single mom (or parent) when the other parent is away for long periods of time because of work.  I think the military is a perfect example of this.  My husband (as a contractor) use to travel for long periods of time for his job.  He also spent an expanded period of time in Afghanistan.   I did feel like a single mom in many ways.  You don't have the support you sometimes need.  'You' have to handle it.  The other parent can't always 'participate' because they're thousands of miles away and are not a single phone call away.

As for Teresa, she is a single mom in many ways.  Oh, and I'm having a hard time conceding that, just like Joe was a single parent in many ways when Tre went to 'camp' to write her book. 

In any event, Erika was never a single mom and it pisses me off when she has stated that.  She left her child in the care of his father so that she could pursue her dreams of 'stardom'.   She may have a good relationship with her son now.  I don't know.  However, I have no doubt that Tom's connections got her son a recommendation for a job with the LAPD.   Bottom line for me is that I hope her son is happy.  That's what is important.  He was put into a situation.  Not Erika.  Sorry, but you get no violins for 'you' when it comes to your son.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 11

I was surprised to see her on the DWTS promo. Does anyone know who she is outside of the RHverse? I mean, I know allegedly she has fans of her "music", but...

Plus, she's like--a "dancer" already, right? I thought the idea was amateurs paired with experts. Forgive me, I know very little about the show. 

I've become fonder of Erika G, but Erika Jayne is a horror show.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, bref said:

Plus, she's like--a "dancer" already, right? I thought the idea was amateurs paired with experts. Forgive me, I know very little about the show. 

There have been more accomplished "amatuer" dancers before. Erika pats the puss and moves from side to side, she doesn't really dance.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

There have been more accomplished "amatuer" dancers before. Erika pats the puss and moves from side to side, she doesn't really dance.

ErICKa has ZERO talent as a dancer. Her videos are a LOL!!!!

• Love 4

Andy Cohen Names the 5 Housewives He’d Invite to His Dream Dinner Party

Shay Spence

People March 10, 2017

If you were to curate an all-star dinner party of Housewives, and you can only pick five—past or present—who do you choose?
AC: Dorinda, Erika Jayne, Shereé, Gizelle from Potomac and Tamra.

• Love 1

I feel like the show is forcing her down my throat. First the trip to Greece to make her seem like a pop star then the trip to Georgia to try to make her "relatable". It's not working for me. In fact it is making me more negative about her--backlash since I feel like they are trying to manipulate me.

• Love 13
On 3/7/2017 at 0:19 AM, breezy424 said:

This is my biggest issue with Erika and why I had such a problem with her during the last episode. I thought she went overboard with the digs and insinuations directed at her mother and they seemed a bit off. Your mother was too sensitive and easily hurt so you vowed not to be weak but your mother was also cold. Your relationship with your grandmother was special but your mother was the one who moved in to take care of her but only because she got a house out of it. Erika reveals pretty much nothing about herself but was quite comfortable providing a pseudo-background story at the expense of her mother's character. It's not like it was balanced with a reveal about Erika's decision to leave her child or what Erika needed to do to earn her home in Pasadena.

My mom has been gone a couple of years; our relationship was quite challenging and I'm STILL trying to figure it out so I certainly understand the dichotomy that exists within the mother/daughter bond, but damn. I wouldn't throw my mother's life choices under the bus in order to give myself a plot point. 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I feel like the show is forcing her down my throat. First the trip to Greece to make her seem like a pop star then the trip to Georgia to try to make her "relatable". It's not working for me. In fact it is making me more negative about her--backlash since I feel like they are trying to manipulate me.

You wouldn't be the first (or sadly, the last) woman to have something forced down her throat.  I swallow Andy's garbage every week, but my DVR has a Pause and Delete function - something real life didn't afford me.  Bravo can try, try, try to make one or the other of their ho'wives "relatable", but some of us watch this shit, and know better.  It will take more than a cutesy countrified "gravestone" to get me to a place of "YES".

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 10
On 3/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, breezy424 said:

I think she was fully aware of just how competitive she wasn't in New York. You've got Juilliard and Tisch as well as a number of other really well regarded schools and programs there. Erika can't really sing or dance. She doesn't write her own songs. She's a decent, but not great actress. She's attractive, but not stunning.

Sherry Stringfield, Viola Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Alison Janney, Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth, Sharon Leal, Nia Long, Kathryn Erbe, Lauren Velez, Michelle Forbes, and many other actresses who are roughly Erika's age were working on plays and soaps in New York at the same time that she would have been. I think Erika saw that she was out of her league in New York and decided to cut bait.

This isn't to say that people in LA don't care about talent, but they are willing to weight it less heavily if an actor is really attractive. It's the 20th anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am still astounded by how successful David Boreanaz is considering how bad he was for the first two seasons of Buffy. He was actively abysmal and had maybe a year of acting classes when he booked the role. He was "discovered" when someone saw him walking his dog and gave his name a producer. In the dvd commentary, Joss Whedon talks about how awful he was, but how every woman who saw him swooned.

To get back to my point, I think Erika was fully aware that there are many more opportunities like that in LA. Contrasting Erika with Kyle, Kyle basically has never stopped acting even when Mauricio's career took off. Erika barely worked, married money bags, and suddenly decided to become a pop star. From the outside it looks like she was never particularly passionate about acting, singing, dancing, or performing. She comes across as a dilettante who is using money bags to fund her newest hobby.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This isn't to say that people in LA don't care about talent, but they are willing to weight it less heavily if an actor is really attractive. It's the 20th anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am still astounded by how successful David Boreanaz is considering how bad he was for the first two seasons of Buffy. He was actively abysmal and had maybe a year of acting classes when he booked the role.

Oy he was so cringe-worthy then. It's amazing he was the lead actor in 2 different shows that collectively lasted over 15 years. I put Demi Moore in the same category. Her stint on GH made my teeth hurt.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think she was fully aware of just how competitive she wasn't in New York. You've got Juilliard and Tisch as well as a number of other really well regarded schools and programs there. Erika can't really sing or dance. She doesn't write her own songs. She's a decent, but not great actress. She's attractive, but not stunning.

Sherry Stringfield, Viola Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Alison Janney, Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth, Sharon Leal, Nia Long, Kathryn Erbe, Lauren Velez, Michelle Forbes, and many other actresses who are roughly Erika's age were working on plays and soaps in New York at the same time that she would have been. I think Erika saw that she was out of her league in New York and decided to cut bait.

Erika didn't exactly set LA on fire with her talent. I think she has two credits total prior to her music videos.  I get the impression Erika is more about being a star and the center of attention than really working with an ensemble cast.  One would think if she was a singer dancer she would give Broadway a shot. 

• Love 8

Wait.  How'd I miss Erica's back story?  She left her kid when he was a toddler?!?!?!

I thought she was too cool for school but after reading some of the stuff here, it all makes sense.   Something is up with her - not sure what - but I think there are some dark layers to Erica.  Stuff is just weird with her.  Like going to Greece.  Why not take her mother as a nice treat?  And why take her dancers to her hometown to see her mother?  Why not take friends?   Why tell Dorit that she should save all her innermost thoughts only for her husband (huh?!)  And for goodness sake, why leaver your own child?  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

Wait.  How'd I miss Erica's back story?  She left her kid when he was a toddler?!?!?!

I thought she was too cool for school but after reading some of the stuff here, it all makes sense.   Something is up with her - not sure what - but I think there are some dark layers to Erica.  Stuff is just weird with her.  Like going to Greece.  Why not take her mother as a nice treat?  And why take her dancers to her hometown to see her mother?  Why not take friends?   Why tell Dorit that she should save all her innermost thoughts only for her husband (huh?!)  And for goodness sake, why leaver your own child?  

Girl's got some glassy blank great white shark eyes goin' on ... just sayin'.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

I doubt if she has ANY girl friends.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Jextella said:

She left her child because she's a MAJOR selfish b.

• Love 4