Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Giselle said:

I see from  posted photographs that for her costume she latched on to the black lace up boots Dorit was wearing on the Chinese junket where Erica started her bull shit.

dish-032117-erika-promote.jpg?itok=gyxRM

I came on here to post the exact same thing.  Copycat.  Looks like Erika wants to be Dorit.  Ha!!

• Love 7

I could NOT stop rolling my eyes during Erika's meltdown.  Especially when she chastised Eileen for talking about her son...what?  No one except Erika was talking about her son.  Jeez...need attention much?

• Love 12

Watched the clip from Dancing with the Stars on WWHL- not only can Erika not sing, she cannot dance for shit either. Oh, and, she is batshit crazy. 

Interesting that Eileen, Rinna and Harry Hamlin were there to cheer Erika on at DWS, but no Tom Girardi......

It is clear that Erika has some deep underlying issues with people in her family ( her son and mother). She is mentally unstable, and therefore no longer entertaining. 

• Love 6

I'm beyond irritated by the glam squad calling her look "Samurai Barbie" in China. Asian cultures are not interchangeable. I'm going need them to Harajuku their way off screen.*

*I'm referencing Gwen Stefani's nearly silent Japanese minstrel squad.

• Love 15
On 3/20/2017 at 4:30 PM, PerPlexied said:

This is why things should be shown in full context: Erika was replying to a tweet criticizing her for being ON a reality show, saying mature and classy women don't go on them. Her reply was appropriate and a perfect retort. 

Nah, I read the entire exchange before I posted.  Still think it was out of line. Every single one of these women get hateful tweets.  It's part of doing the show.  Personally, I think if you go to someone's twitter and criticize them, then you're out of line.  A better response would have been "Classy people don't come onto my twitter page to criticize me." She didn't say that. She made a sweeping generalization about everyone who watches and comments on the show.

Read LVP's twitter sometime.  Some of those people can be brutal. I've yet to see her insult the entire audience just because some tool on the internet decided to troll her.

It was an idiotic response, even while taken in context.

• Love 12

Erika Girardi clearly suffers from her childhood w/ a controlling, withholding parent. And now she's a controlling, withholding adult.  I can't believe none of those women simply got up from the table and said-- pull yourself together, until then, we don't want to be around this.

• Love 8

Well, to further lock in how "off" Erica is, I watched her on WWHL and Andy asked her about her response to Eileen.  Erica's response said it all.  

She acknowledged that Eileen's comments weren't mean-spirited and that she overreacted.  Good for her, but what she failed to acknowledge is just how far she twisted Eileen's words and meaning.  We all know they weren't mean-spirited but we all also know they had NOTHING to do with her son personally much less him living a risky cop's life.  What she should have done was acknowledge the psycho-twist of words.

Even Andy seemed a little taken aback by this.  He seemed to want to ask if she really understand the gist of the offense but Erica was firm and moved on.  

Meanwhile....Megan McCain was on the same episode and she was awesome.  I'd never seen her before.  She seemed sharp and logical.  Reasonable and fair.  Having said that, she's a fan of Erica and not so much of Dorit.   :(

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5

I think Erika is a very sexy and talented woman who is pretty normal compared to some of the other mooks on this show.

LVP.......obessed with animals in a very unhealthy way. No psychological problems with a women who sleeps in a bed with six dogs, two ponies and a swan.

Lisa Rinna.....nutjob of the first water who will say anything or do anything to stay on the show. As far as mothers go....lets not talk about how they portrayed her relationship with her Mom. She couldn't even pretend to care for the five minutes she was on screen.

Eileen the Angel of Death. Just about her whole family is dying. What's up with that?

Kyle the Acquirer. Every season she gets a new house. I get it. Maurice is getting rich and they are buying stuff. That can be fun to watch. But we have been through her act for a long time now. It is getting old.

Eden....err.....you know what I mean.

Dorit a poseur in a phony accent. This years one year wonder.

Compared to this Murderers Row of dysfunction Erika seems the pick of the litter. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I think Erika is a very sexy and talented woman who is pretty normal compared to some of the other mooks on this show.

LVP.......obessed with animals in a very unhealthy way. No psychological problems with a women who sleeps in a bed with six dogs, two ponies and a swan.

Lisa Rinna.....nutjob of the first water who will say anything or do anything to stay on the show. As far as mothers go....lets not talk about how they portrayed her relationship with her Mom. She couldn't even pretend to care for the five minutes she was on screen.

Eileen the Angel of Death. Just about her whole family is dying. What's up with that?

Kyle the Acquirer. Every season she gets a new house. I get it. Maurice is getting rich and they are buying stuff. That can be fun to watch. But we have been through her act for a long time now. It is getting old.

Eden....err.....you know what I mean.

Dorit a poseur in a phony accent. This years one year wonder.

Compared to this Murderers Row of dysfunction Erika seems the pick of the litter. 

I don't see her this way but I am one who if I had her resources I too would be adopting many animals.  It isn't as if she's fucking the dog (cat, swan, ponies)!  They are all seemingly loved, cared for, clean, not too many for the space she has, etc.  I would say they have a pretty good life!  Frankly I am one who sees people who hate animals as suspect.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

It isn't as if she's fucking the dog (cat, swan, ponies)!  

Facts not in evidence. Just sayn'

You can love animals and not be a nutjob about it. There is a woman who  lives a couple of blocks from me who was arrested for having hundreds of rabbits. Some of whom had syphilis. Figure that one out why doncha!

Animals are great. Some of them are very tasty.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Facts not in evidence. Just sayn'

You can love animals and not be a nutjob about it. There is a woman who  lives a couple of blocks from me who was arrested for having hundreds of rabbits. Some of whom had syphilis. Figure that one out why doncha!

Animals are great. Some of them are very tasty.

Ok, you made me startle my coworker!  HA!

Very true!  Those poor bunnies!  Animal hoarders make me sad.  Those little creatures deserve so much better.

• Love 2

From the article in the New York Times about the bunnies in Brooklyn: "During the trial, a veterinarian for the A.S.P.C.A. testified to each rabbit’s injuries. She had found that more than two-thirds of the rabbits had wounds, mostly from bites, and that around half tested positive for syphilis. Nearly three dozen had sustained genital or anal trauma, and still others had abscesses and skin inflammations associated with being kept in unclean environments."

That's it! 

I want Jiggy to be tested for chlamydia. Right now!

• Love 3

I love Erika. I don't relate to her at all but I understand her because I am very close to someone that is just like her. I think she started out as a fan fave because she was unapologetic & raw and I also think that will be the same thing that makes fans turn on her. 

I do think she overreacted with Eileen though. That scene was cringeworthy. 

• Love 4
On 3/21/2017 at 4:33 PM, zulualpha said:

There is no Erika hate on this RHoBH board.  For examples of "hate" I would refer you to conversations involving Taylor, Brandi, Carlton to name a few. 

Really?! How are posts like this not "Erika hate"?:

On 2/28/2017 at 9:59 PM, lololol said:

Of course gold digger ErICKa is. She married a fat, rich, ugly, old fart - FOR HIS MONEY.

ErICKa has ZERO talent and a fat ass.

• Love 3

I am working with a group who is planning a Pride concert and has a couple of artists all lined up but is looking for a 3rd.  I suggested Erika Jayne (and showed him a video).  Mainly because I am curious how much she costs/what her demands are on her contract but also she is campy enough to fit with their event.  He thought she looked like a lot of fun.  So we shall see.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I am working with a group who is planning a Pride concert and has a couple of artists all lined up but is looking for a 3rd.  I suggested Erika Jayne (and showed him a video).  Mainly because I am curious how much she costs/what her demands are on her contract but also she is campy enough to fit with their event.  He thought she looked like a lot of fun.  So we shall see.  

OOOOHH!! You MUST keep us all posted!  Spill that tea!

• Love 2
Just now, Normades said:

I totally will!  I really hope they do it.  I'm not sure our venue is fancy enough but if its good enough for Ellie Goulding/OK Go/Mary Lambert/Janet Mock and various other artists who people actually know it should be.  He was cute, he just kept commenting on how pretty she was.  Not sure that is a huge endorsement of her talents but whatever!  I like it when my worlds can collide.

• Love 2
On 3/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, HunterHunted said:

I'm beyond irritated by the glam squad calling her look "Samurai Barbie" in China. Asian cultures are not interchangeable. I'm going need them to Harajuku their way off screen.*

*I'm referencing Gwen Stefani's nearly silent Japanese minstrel squad.

YES PREACH IT.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

She was here in Minneapolis last summer with a bevy of famous RuPaul's Drag Race girls, so I'm surmising she can't be TOO expensive? Booking fee plus first class flight plus at least 2 hotel rooms for a one-night stay?

I missed her performance because I got therr super late but she came back out to retrieve something and waved at me.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

LOL!!!!! She's EXXXPENSIVE for someone who has ZERO talent.

6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I totally will!  I really hope they do it.  I'm not sure our venue is fancy enough but if its good enough for Ellie Goulding/OK Go/Mary Lambert/Janet Mock and various other artists who people actually know it should be.  He was cute, he just kept commenting on how pretty she was.  Not sure that is a huge endorsement of her talents but whatever!  I like it when my worlds can collide.

She looks like a DRAG queen - PERFECT for your venue.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2017 at 9:20 PM, editorgrrl said:

Really?! How are posts like this not "Erika hate"?:

Seriously. At times, I think Erika could end world hunger and there would be posters on this board who would use it as a way to bring up the fact that she abandoned her son when he was young.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Seriously. At times, I think Erika could end world hunger and there would be posters on this board who would use it as a way to bring up the fact that she abandoned her son when he was young.

Or maybe they just aren't fans.  Have yet to see the Erikas do anything remotely charitable.  Maybe the Erikas can let us in on the charitable side next year.

People throw out the word hate when maybe dislike is more appropriate. 

• Love 13

I have warmed to her.  I don't like her act but she is more than that.  None of us know how she arranged parenting with her son's dad.   They are very much in each other's lives now.   All of my friends and people who have moved through my life have a story to tell.  There are many ways to be a family.   Sesame Street even says so! :^)

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

6 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

She was here in Minneapolis last summer with a bevy of famous RuPaul's Drag Race girls, so I'm surmising she can't be TOO expensive? Booking fee plus first class flight plus at least 2 hotel rooms for a one-night stay?

I missed her performance because I got therr super late but she came back out to retrieve something and waved at me.

11 hours ago, Normades said:

I'm from Minneapolis.  Where did Erica perform?  How'd I miss that!

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I have warmed to her.  I don't like her act but she is more than that.  None of us know how she arranged parenting with her son's dad.   They are very much in each other's lives now.   All of my friends and people who have moved through my life have a story to tell.  There are many ways to be a family.   Sesame Street even says so! :^)

Agreed that EVERYONE has a story.   I work hard at understanding history and context in most things and with most people (not always successful though).   "Hate" is a strong word.  Just as strong as "love".  Both are used far too loosely, I think.  

I don't "hate" Erica, and stupid and hurtful comments bug, but I'm also not a fan at this point.  I need to know more about here backstory.  

Meanwhile, I do appreciate her effort at a career and doing whatever works.  I also think her shows would be fun to go to.

• Love 1

Some random observations while Erika's in the hot seat:  when she came on I fell in a YouTube hole and watched her videos back to back..

-  she got an amazing A-list makeover at some point because her choreography, styling and plastic surgery went from ashy to classy/perfection.  Probably wouldn't stand out without seeing one after the other but her only dance move was flipping her hair (whoa kyle bond!) and she goes from civilian pretty to celebrity hot (tightened bod n amaz face work).

-  So she features Maino on the song Crazy.  He's great but has a rep as the biggest flirt and playboy in hip-hop but in the video could not show any less love for Erika.  Super cold body language, I don't think he touched her once not even the standard arm around the shoulder dancey crap.  I need to go back and watch but I remember thinking she must be a huge bitch bc he presses on everyone. Catchy song tho!

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

So she features Maino on the song Crazy.  He's great but has rep as biggest flirt and playboy in hip-hop but in the video could not show any less love for Erika.  Super cold body language, I don't think he touched her once not even the standard arm around the shoulder dancey crap.  I need to go back and watch but I remember thinking she must be a huge bitch bc he presses on everyone. Catchy song tho!

I have no idea who that is, but maybe he didn't want to risk touching her and having to apologize ad nauseam to both Erika and Tom while Erika sat back haughtily refusing to accept said apology and putting more and more hurdles in his path.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

She's a bitch because she wouldn't let him touch her?

No I was pointing out that he made no attempt to interact with her at all,  even as she tried to hang on him at times.  It stood out to me given how much of a flirt he is.  And by the way I was being facetious.

I  do think she's a poser with no swag though.

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

Some random observations while Erika's in the hot seat:  when she came on I fell in a YouTube hole and watched her videos back to back..

-  she got an amazing A-list makeover at some point because her choreography, styling and plastic surgery went from ashy to classy/perfection.  Probably wouldn't stand out without seeing one after the other but her only dance move was flipping her hair (whoa kyle bond!) and she goes from civilian pretty to celebrity hot (tightened bod n amaz face work).

-  So she features Maino on the song Crazy.  He's great but has rep as biggest flirt and playboy in hip-hop but in the video could not show any less love for Erika.  Super cold body language, I don't think he touched her once not even the standard arm around the shoulder dancey crap.  I need to go back and watch but I remember thinking she must be a huge bitch bc he presses on everyone. Catchy song tho!

I just watched the Crazy video. It's definitely weird. The video is really over the top and sexualized in a way that I never expected. It's got guns, drugs, women twerking in thongs, and simulated sex including oral. But you are right, Erika and Maino have no chemistry and their body language is really cold. It's especially strange considering that the video will be showing men straight pawing at every other woman in the video and they cut to Erika and Maino and she has her hand awkwardly on his shoulder. Though nothing is more hilarious than when she's walking down the hall at this bacchanal and housewives cheek kisses some big tatted up dude. When she's writhing around her own, it seems like she might be a person who would be at this party. But in scenes with other people, she doesn't feel like she belongs in this world. Some of it is due to her being way more covered up than her backup dancers. If she was uncomfortable interacting with some of the men in the video, I might have had her wandering through the party with her backup dancer friends to make it seem more natural.

• Love 3

Kyle said, in an interview, they (meaning PK, Dorit and she) could see Erika's crotch and she just assumed she was wearing nude panties until Erika announced she wasn't wearing any.  She went on to say as soon as she said that eyes immediately went to there.  As far as the show, when Dorit and Kyle first meet up at the store, as soon as Dorit started in, Kyle said something to the effect, I was wondering if you were going to bring it up. 

I do find it curious how this has been recast. Erika accidentally flashed multiple people, but they only talk about PK. Dorit checked with every other housewife about the panty gag gift and they all found it hilarious. But the moment Erika reveals that she's embarrassed and not amused, they turn on Dorit. Erika is closest to Eileen, but Eileen doesn't know Erika well enough to know that Erika doesn't have a great sense of humor and really doesn't like to be embarrassed (I mean no one does, but some folks are a little bit more resilient).

You can't be particularly thin skinned to be on one of these shows. But Erika is. There was no good reason to insert herself in the British joking on the very same night. Erika did because she is insecure. Maybe she's insecure about being thought of as a gold digger and whore because that's what people thought when she got with Tom. She's not that witty. That might have been an issue around Tom's colleagues. I don't particularly like Erika, but I think her aloofness and walls are a protective measure to shield herself from people who were possibly quite judgmental of her.

To be truly successful on one of these shows, you need to master the art of when to be candid and share and when to protect yourself.  The people I think who have done it best are Asa from Shahs and Cameron from Southern Charm. Asa will not talk about her relationship with Jermaine Jackson Jr., but is fully invested in her friendships with the cast. You get to see her as compassionate and ridiculous without her messing up her real life. Cameron's husband won't appear on Southern Charm. Cameron talks to her mom and friends about her issues with motherhood and what it means to be a good wife, but it's largely framed as Cameron's exploration of these themes and what society expects of her. Cameron's husband might feel a particular way, but she tries to leave his opinion out of her conversations. LVP has shifted from being super involved with her cast mates to doubling down on caring for cute animals and mothering her band of misfit toys on Vanderpump Rules. I think she's realized that being in her castmate's lives just leads to drama and agita.

Erika has just started to be candid with the show and we're two thirds of the way through her second season. She won't share about her marriage or her son, which is fine and her right. She's given a slightly judgmental view of her childhood and her mom. And we've been following her Erika Jayne exploits this season too. I think her music is terrible, but I think she's missed an opportunity to show the hard work that goes into Erika Jayne. We saw some of the making of her video, but I would have loved to see a meeting where she, Mikey, and the director (who might be Mikey) sat down and storyboarded the video. Or she sat down with the costume designer to work through costume changes. Unfortunately, she doesn't write her own songs so we'll never see that shit. We've seen a little bit of rehearsal, backup dancer auditions, and a ton of scenes with Mikey shrieking "Yaaaaaaaaaaaas!" and "Next level!!!!!" All of which gives the impression that she's a lazy dilettante, especially when she's shopping for her videos in her closet with no discussion of what thematically what the video is trying to say.

I think XXpen$ive looks cheap, but would have been much better if it had been Erika out on the town with her squad just being a boss and having fun. It could still be campy and sexy. The song has a element where it challenges haters to come at her. For example, they could have had Erika and her squad walk into a filled boardroom, start making it rain, and have the very hot male executives giving Erika and her squad lap dances. I don't even mind the pillow fight scene because it still fits with the theme of the song, but the rest of the video is generic AF.

• Love 10

Someone upthread said they find Erika normal compared to the others-to each their own, but I can think of many adjectives to describe her: and normal is not even in the same universe! Even on her trip back home to Georgia she brought an abbreviated version of her glam squad. 

I think much of the vitriol towards her is because of how much she toots her own horn. Declaring ad nauseum how fabulous, interesting, and beautiful she thinks she is turns people off. I can't think of one authentic thing about her. 

• Love 12
On 3/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, doodledo said:

Erika Girardi clearly suffers from her childhood w/ a controlling, withholding parent. And now she's a controlling, withholding adult.  I can't believe none of those women simply got up from the table and said-- pull yourself together, until then, we don't want to be around this.

Agreed. You can only try and console someone so much and the more they tried to console her, the angrier she became. Time to go. 

• Love 2

Maybe she's insecure about being thought of as a gold digger and whore because that's what people thought when she got with Tom. She's not that witty. That might have been an issue around Tom's colleagues. I don't particularly like Erika, but I think her aloofness and walls are a protective measure to shield herself from people who were possibly quite judgmental of her.

Not to mention people who still are judgemental of her, and tend to be upon meeting her...

• Love 1

I'm from Minneapolis.  Where did Erica perform?  How'd I miss that!

She was at The Saloon's block party during Pride weekend on the Friday night. She shared the bill with several prominent RuPaul's Drag Race girls, but most of them have the same management. I don't know if Ericka works with the same people (Producers Entertainment Group) or not.

Like so many reality TV stars, once I figured out that Erika was a Cancer, she started making a lot more sense to me (for what it's worth, so are Dorit and Rinna).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Not to mention people who still are judgemental of her, and tend to be upon meeting her...

If I were a friend to the Erikas I would suggest she stop allowing herself to objectified.  It seems those closest and fondest of her tend to objectify her.  I felt bad for the Erikas when Rinna and Eileen started in on Dorit and she was sitting right there and they were treating her situation and feelings as bullet points.  Rinna has done it before to Yolanda-she starts talking about someone's situation and totally ignores it is a real person with real problems she is discussing.  It wasn't until Dorit pointed out Eileen brought it up and Kim, of all people made the crack about the big deal being made about panties.  I think that is what led to her meltdowns in Hong Kong. 

Her husband did it to her when before his colleagues he ran a tape of one of her raunchy performances.  Whatever his reasons, it was in bad taste and just let people know it is okay to objectify and judge her.

• Love 8

she stop allowing herself to objectified

Or maybe people should just stop objectifying her and judging her to begin with?

It seems those closest and fondest of her tend to objectify her

Most people who like her or are fond of her don't seem to be doing that at all.

Whatever his reasons, it was in bad taste and just let people know it is okay to objectify and judge her.

Or to let people know he is cool with what she is doing, and that you shouldn't be judging and objectifying her based on her videos?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Interesting!  Luckily we are a not too far drive for her.  For her 'talent' and popularity (no one really knows who she is outside of HWs) I would say $3K would be MORE than enough.  I could argue too much knowing what we have paid for KNOWN acts that have a large following.  

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Or to let people know he is cool with what she is doing, and that you shouldn't be judging and objectifying her based on her videos?

I have to say, if he was showing her videos to his colleagues, then that is odd.  Um, why? I agree with zoeysmom. He wasn't showing them her videos to prove her talent.  He did it to say, "Look at my hot wife."  If he wanted to tell them not to objectify her and judge her based upon her videos, then why show her videos?  Honestly, that sounds like a bunch of old white men leering at his hot wife. I'd be pissed if my husband did something like that.

This is the first I'm hearing about it, but what a shithead if it's true.

• Love 8

People throw out the word hate when maybe dislike is more appropriate. 

It seems to only be "hate" when the criticism/snark is directed at a fave.

All the HW - and their husbands - have been dragged at some point. Hell, LVP has been condemned for her charity work, which is pretty much the epitome of BEC.

If you're a self-proclaimed "c***", and you act accordingly? Folks might just agree with you.

• Love 18
42 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Or maybe people should just stop objectifying her and judging her to begin with?

Most people who like her or are fond of her don't seem to be doing that at all.

Well I gave two examples of people who objectify her and they both seem to be close to her. 

I find it just an asshat trick at a bar function to put up an Erika Jayne video.  I would feel the same way about any raunchy ass video someone put up.

The is on the Erikas to stop being objectified.  She can't keeping putting herself out there and expect that all reviews are favorable.  Don't put it out there if you can't stand the heat.   

4 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

I have to say, if he was showing her videos to his colleagues, then that is odd.  Um, why? I agree with zoeysmom. He wasn't showing them her videos to prove her talent.  He did it to say, "Look at my hot wife."  If he wanted to tell them not to objectify her and judge her based upon her videos, then why show her videos?  Honestly, that sounds like a bunch of old white men leering at his hot wife. I'd be pissed if my husband did something like that.

This is the first I'm hearing about it, but what a shithead if it's true.

I am not disagreeing with you but both the Brethren and the attorneys in Southern California have a fair number  of woman, young attorneys and minorities. 

I will see if I can find the article.  The local bar association was angry because they had California Supreme Court justices at the dinner and it was inappropriate.  It wasn't a bachelor party.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

disagreeing with you but both the Brethren and the attorneys in Southern California have a fair number  of woman, young attorneys and minorities. 

I will see if I can find the article.  The local bar association was angry because they had California Supreme Court justices at the dinner and it was inappropriate.  It wasn't a bachelor party.

Well, that makes it even worse. I was going to mention that there are female attorneys, but I didn't realize the dumbass did it WHILE they were there.  I was picturing a room full of his pals.  

Whoa, that was basically everyone admitting that people were uncomfortable, but he paid for it, so let it go! It wasn't even in the background. He made them sit through a 4 minute EJ video.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

If I were a friend to the Erikas I would suggest she stop allowing herself to objectified.  It seems those closest and fondest of her tend to objectify her.  I felt bad for the Erikas when Rinna and Eileen started in on Dorit and she was sitting right there and they were treating her situation and feelings as bullet points.  Rinna has done it before to Yolanda-she starts talking about someone's situation and totally ignores it is a real person with real problems she is discussing.  It wasn't until Dorit pointed out Eileen brought it up and Kim, of all people made the crack about the big deal being made about panties.  I think that is what led to her meltdowns in Hong Kong. 

Her husband did it to her when before his colleagues he ran a tape of one of her raunchy performances.  Whatever his reasons, it was in bad taste and just let people know it is okay to objectify and judge her.

I think that what you're getting at is that Erika appears to lack a curious amount of agency. Especially as it relates to these dumb panties, we often saw Eileen and Rinna jawing about it while Erika was silent. Every time it came up, it should have been Erika talking about her feelings and not Eileen talking about what she thinks Erika is feeling. It's as if Erika is an object in her own life and not an actor. I've also felt that some of Erika's anger is unexpressed anger that her so called friends, Eileen and Rinna, thought the joke was funny and couldn't give her a heads up about the joke. But she's so weirdly aloof, that she's never been able to turn to them and say "Fuck you bitches. You knew this was coming and you didn't even say boo. You get to be in the cold for a while." Erika said something generally in the moment, but I think it was a definitely dampered version of what she actually felt.

As to being objectified in her musical career, she very much is. Unfortunately, Mikey is her creative director and he's as deep as a spoon. I also suspect that Erika hasn't thought too deeply about it either. Videos like Anaconda and Run the World demonstrate that you can make sexy videos about female empowerment and being sexually objectified. Inside Amy Schumer demonstrated that you could make a funny sexy video satirizing videos that objectify women. Her Milk Milk Lemonade video has 8 million views, but her show has maybe 1.5 million viewers. I don't think Erika has a single video with more than a million views. Her songs aren't great and her shtick seems to be about her being sexy and rich.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

Well I gave two examples of people who objectify her and they both seem to be close to her. 

I find it just an asshat trick at a bar function to put up an Erika Jayne video.  I would feel the same way about any raunchy ass video someone put up.

The is on the Erikas to stop being objectified.  She can't keeping putting herself out there and expect that all reviews are favorable.  Don't put it out there if you can't stand the heat.   

You're assuming it was done to objectify her. I guess we see it differently.

Also, there is a difference between an unfavorable review versus objectifying and judging someone. You seem to be confusing the two.

5 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

You're assuming it was done to objectify her. I guess we see it differently.

Also, there is a difference between an unfavorable review versus objectifying and judging someone. You seem to be confusing the two.

I am pretty comfortable with my understanding of objectifying and judgment and the differences.  Tom objectified Erika when he subjected the audience to Erika's ratty video.  The audience judged his asshat behavior and her tacky video. 

• Love 17