Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: News, Photos and More

• Start Topic

After her affair with Dean, I can't think of a single significant moment Rory shared with Lane (I didn't watch season 7).

They had at less seasons together, but they had some while she was dating Logan. I know that they had a scene complaining about their boyfriends with Paris. And I'm sure they had a scene at least when Lane got married. They definetly grew apart as the show went on. And Lane was mostly in her own story with Zack.

I wonder what they are going to do about Paul Anka? He would be at least 9 or 10 years old now.

It would be nice if they got the same kind of dog to play him.

Asian Caesar was called Caesar on screen.  Although, I think only once.

IRL friend of "Asian Caesar" here. I texted him earlier today, and he confirmed that he had no name on the show. On IMDB he is listed as "Man #2" in the final episode, which was the only time he had a line. There's is always a chance that SP misspoke during an episode and referred to him as Caesar, but as far as canon goes, he is without name. 

• Love 3

Cesar is returning as well - the actor who portrays him confirmed in a tweet.

Oh, good! I loved his singing and dancing in the cafe. He looked like he was having a great time.

I wonder if some of the sets and props (that Jeep is still looking pretty good after all these years) are looking so much the same because they are planning some flashbacks to the years we've missed? 

And how does LG look like they've kept her in mothballs with the other props - she hasn't aged a bit!

• Love 1

No extentions on the Crap Shack. I'm really worried about the whole 'building all the old sets' part of the revival. I think someone else already mentioned their fear of stagnation. It's all the same (crap shack, jeep, luke's apartment etc.) except the characters will be older. Why is Luke's apartment even being build again? Whether him and Lorelai are together or not I figured he would move out of there even if it's just so April can have her own room (which she would so need at teenager stage) and frankly S7 Luke would have done it. Sadly S7 Luke is not ASPs Luke so there is that. Lorelai's jeep still being around is just as nonsense to me. It's been 8 years and no changes in Stars Hollow or any of the characters lives (even if it's just the physical)? There is being nostalgic and wanting the old charm back and then there is stagnant and stupid.

• Love 1

I hope they can capture nostalgia better than the X files has. I'm just trying to figure out how to watch this without Netflix.

You can get a free one month subscription to Netflix and then cancel after you watch all the episodes!

Edited by SiobhanJW

I am really hoping for reminiscing to bring us up to date. With make-up, special camera work and still such attractive looking actors, I can't believe it couldn't be done. Hopefully, the real-time stuff will have some changes.

I hope they can capture nostalgia better than the X files has. I'm just trying to figure out how to watch this without Netflix.

I only watched one episode of x-files and it seemed really weird to me...I didn't like it at all.

That Jeep picture isn't even in front of Lorelai's house. Her front yard never looked like that.

On the other hand, it's plausible, if not probable, that the Jeep is still around, probably not her primary car anymore.

Luke did find her a replacement engine and had the car rebuilt in season 7. Just another friggin' way that he showed her his feelings, which she missed again, later claiming he never responds. 

Jumping to conclusions that they stayed together, eventually had kids (requires a kid-friendly vehicle), and Lorelai's romantic sensibilities, I can see the Jeep getting used once in a while.

• Love 1

Kelly Bishop had this to say about Paris in the revival:

“Paris is a hoot,” Bishop raved of Rory’s bestie. “It’s unbelievable what Amy has written for Paris. People are going to have so much fun with it.”

I hope this doesn't mean that Paris never became a doctor. On the other hand, maybe we'll finally get Lesbian Paris.

Or Jess and Dean. You know, to balance out the lack of diversity in the previous incarnation of the series :)

Continue...

Edited by Eyes High

I don't know...this is totally unrelated to any spoilers whatsoever, but if Rory were to get a new boyfriend, my dream casting would have been Michael B. Jordan. I think Rory and him would be really cute together. 

That would never happen and you know why.

Haha I was gonna say, he's a movie star, he's not gonna do Gilmore Girls...

I can only see him coming back to TV for Jason Katims or FNL. So yeah....; but yes he'd really bring up the level of the acting.

Haha I was gonna say, he's a movie star, he's not gonna do Gilmore Girls...

Haha, that is far more mature than my response was going to be (something about how hot he is, lol). Maybe Lauren could convince him to make a cameo since she shares the Parenthood connection! Far-fetched, I know.

On a positive note, a casting like that would make the show more diverse, and that is always a good thing. It would also add to the realism of Rory being exposed to more of the world and meeting different types of people outside of SH and Yale. It would be interesting if Rory met someone while traveling for her job who shares her worldly aspirations but also honestly appreciates her small town roots. I am doing a series re-watch, and I just watched the episode where Dean and Luke argue outside of the Twickam (sp?) house. I think that Dean was only half correct with his point that neither he nor Luke would ever be "enough" for Rory and Lorelai. I think that Lorelai and Luke have so much identity "as the town" that they are perfectly suited to run small businesses and truly be content in SH. However, I think that it is true that Rory wants more than a basic SH life from what we know of her character. I feel like Rory should end up with someone who will stretch her intellectually, challenge her and broaden her worldview (all things I think her character was written to want in her long-term partner). I don't think that any of the known boyfriends could do that AND also truly appreciate her devotion to SH. I think that Dean was written down as the series went on, Jess is doing well with his new life in Philidelphia and Logan dealt with SH because he had to but perhaps would never chose that life otherwise. I am becoming more and more interested to see ASP's vision for Rory's partner in the new episodes.

• Love 1

I have such mixed feelings about this whole thing - I adored the show - from the start to about 70% of the way into season 5 and then it all started to seem like a different show, season 6 was awful to me and, then could barely watch season 7.  

ASP was there for some of the really bad writing and choices pre-season 7 so I don't know feel warm and fuzzy about what she can do and I really didn't like Bunheads if that is an example of her more recent writing - 

And, no Richard.  That is going to hurt.  Or Sookie (I loved early Sookie, not the later version) - but I did read that Matt C is coming back which also made me queasy - in what kind of storyline, I don't know but I didn't care for the character of Logan - just didn't find him interesting.  

I guess I'll take a peek and decide whether I want the show further tainted in my mind given how I felt after it ended. 

How do people know they are putting up Luke's apartment again?  I see the diner but is there a photo showing they are setting up the apartment again?  Or, if he does have the apt still set up and they did get married, maybe it's just there for him to be able to take a quick break during work - 

Oh, well.  I wish them good scripts, directing, acting - 

I guess my question is: how does Amy feel about season six, looking back? Because in my (possibly unpopular) opinion, season six was far worse than season seven. 

I don't disagree that season six was bad, but for me, season five was the worst.  Or whichever one it was that Rory was throwing herself at Logan like a 14-year-old.  And then Lorelai became even less self-aware than usual and hated Logan for behaving exactly like she would have at his age (and, let's be honest; still did well into adulthood.  She wanted to vandalize Chilton at Rory's graduation).  And then ASP rewrote the Luke and Lorelai "before the show started" back story yet *again* and she started messing with his personality.  Blah, blah, blah.  Every character annoyed me that season.

I understand the reasons people hate season 7, but it had gone off the rails long before that for me.  Season 5 was when my spouse stopped watching it with me.  :(

I'm fine if they don't waste time on either Dean or Logan.  Jess at least has a connection to Luke, so at least an update on his character would be nice.

I understand the reasons people hate season 7, but it had gone off the rails long before that for me.  Season 5 was when my spouse stopped watching it with me

Taking this to the UO thread because it's more on topic there (but, spoiler alert---I agree wholeheartedly!!!) 

I forgot about Grant (Silly me). I'm sure we will see him and I have to admit, AS-P not using Taylor? That would not make any sense, especially when the actor is free and in good health. I see really no point with Marty or Digger showing up. While Digger was a main cast member in season 4, he really has no point in the series unless he is buying up Richard's business after his death. Though the actor is apparently going to be in Luke Cage, so who knows? I can't believe they are even questioning Chris not being in it. AS-P loves Rick Sutcliff as much as Jared and loves writing Christopher for good or ill. That shouldn't have even been a question.

I liked the mature Jess (and liked him as a match for Rory) so I am really glad he'll be back. Less positive towards Matt Czuchry -- I feel like his story was over and fitting him in doesn't feel organic.

While my inner fan girl likes the idea of seeing absolutely everyone, can they write a story that packs in all these people without it feeling like overstuffed fan service?

• Love 2

Jess is back

Milo's twitter

Let's hope it's grown up Jess and not petulant asshat Jess!

MV tweeted a photograph of the script. The pen on top seems to be strategically placed to bar out the name of the episode.

I wonder if this is MV's only script. The script looked awfully slim for a 90-minute episode, but I suppose he might have just received the script pages featuring his own dialogue.

Edited by Eyes High

I'm pretty sure he'll be returning in Spring, because my personal feeling is that Amy will write and direct the premiere and finale and Dan will do the middle two episodes.

Some new set pictures of Lorelai's house interior:

tumblr_o2cnzcWKOi1to8cxpo6_1280.png

Are they shooting out of order because it does not look like Winter there.

tumblr_o2cnzcWKOi1to8cxpo3_1280.png

Where's the two sinks?! This feels like an oversight.

tumblr_o2cnzcWKOi1to8cxpo1_1280.png

Luke/Lor bedroom

tumblr_o2cnzcWKOi1to8cxpo2_1280.png

Rory bedroom

tumblr_o2cnzcWKOi1to8cxpo4_1280.png

tumblr_o2cnzcWKOi1to8cxpo5_1280.png

Kitchen was re-done and it looks GREAT! Finally some changes. So much more realistic.

I don't disagree that season six was bad, but for me, season five was the worst.  Or whichever one it was that Rory was throwing herself at Logan like a 14-year-old.  And then Lorelai became even less self-aware than usual and hated Logan for behaving exactly like she would have at his age (and, let's be honest; still did well into adulthood.  She wanted to vandalize Chilton at Rory's graduation).  And then ASP rewrote the Luke and Lorelai "before the show started" back story yet *again* and she started messing with his personality.  Blah, blah, blah.  Every character annoyed me that season.

I understand the reasons people hate season 7, but it had gone off the rails long before that for me.  Season 5 was when my spouse stopped watching it with me.  :(

I'm fine if they don't waste time on either Dean or Logan.  Jess at least has a connection to Luke, so at least an update on his character would be nice.

That was one thing I've noticed: Lorelai comes out with things, that end up occasionally being repeated by Jess later on (with no knowledge of her having said the same thing). 

oops, wrong thread, I think. Sorry. The quoted bit was open in each tab.

Edited by Anela

How do we know that's Luke and Lorelai's bedroom as opposed to just Lorelai's?

Did I miss confirmation somewhere?

Oops, no, that was just me speculating that it would be. I do think it bodes well for Luke living there that the kitchen has that intense new oven/stove, heh.

Also I love that it kinda makes sense that the kitchen looks very different because it's the one thing they didn't have re-done in S6. I can't wait to see the living room.

Some old pics to compare:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-10%20at%208.21.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-10%20at%208.25.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-10%20at%208.26.4

Big news though. Sutton Foster will be in the revival!!!

That's interesting.  It always felt like her character on Bunheads was mostly a copy of Lorelai, so it would be interesting to see the actresses playing off each other.

• Love 1

Wow. Didn't see that coming, but I'm very interested. I could see her running Miss Patty's studio as Miss Patty probably isn't moving like she use to by now. However, will her character talk about... gasp! Dance?

• Love 1

I loved Sutton Foster on Bunheads! I'm so excited to hear she'll be in the renewal. 

Great pics of the house interiors and Luke's diner.

Now that I've heard about Milo, I'm glad Jess will be back. I actually liked him in season six after he stopped being a sullen brat.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 1

That's interesting.  It always felt like her character on Bunheads was mostly a copy of Lorelai, so it would be interesting to see the actresses playing off each other.

Yeah, I considered Sutton's Bunheads character a Lorelai-lite, so to say. It would be funny if the two kept encountering each other around SH's (especially if Sutton's the new dance teacher) and having these deju vu moments lol. Or maybe Sutton will be Christopher's new squeeze? A replacement Lorelai? I'd hope not, even Chris shouldn't be that immature and shallow at this point, but this is ASP we're talking about.

• Love 1

If you look very very closely at the last new picture I posted of Lorelai's kitchen, you can see what looks like dog bowls on the bottom left corner. Paul Anka's still around?

Yeah, I considered Sutton's Bunheads character a Lorelai-lite, so to say. It would be funny if the two kept encountering each other around SH's (especially if Sutton's the new dance teacher) and having these deju vu moments lol. Or maybe Sutton will be Christopher's new squeeze? A replacement Lorelai? I'd hope not, even Chris shouldn't be that immature and shallow at this point, but this is ASP we're talking about.

Chris's new girlfriend was my first thought too. Some people are suggesting she's Luke's love interest (lol). A lot of people are also suggesting she's an inn employee that'll be filling in the Sookie/best friend role and I actually wouldn't mind that.

• Love 1

Chris's new girlfriend was my first thought too. Some people are suggesting she's Luke's love interest (lol). A lot of people are also suggesting she's an inn employee that'll be filling in the Sookie/best friend role and I actually wouldn't mind that.

A dark thought about Sutton playing Luke's new girlfriend crossed my mind, but I quickly pushed it away. I mean, unless ASP really wants to screw with the large javajunkie portion of the fandom, she'd be playing with fire on that one. 

As for her being Lorelai's new BFF and/or employee, I think that would be over kill. The two actresses don't look exactly alike, but they definitely share certain physical commonalities (tall, pale, brunette, thin) that it could be short of much to have them sharing a lot of scenes. I liked that Lorelai and Sookie where so different in every way, it made them "pop" more, imo.

Here's a link to a picture of Lauren and Sutton together http://www.broadway.com/shows/young-frankenstein/photos/a-ritzy-opening-night-extravaganza-for-mel-brooks-young-frankenstein/63644/photo-op-young-frankenstein-opening-on-broadway-sutton-foster-lauren-graham

They could convincingly play sisters or cousins.

• Love 1