Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: News, Photos and More

• Start Topic

I sort of expected Logan, but Finn? What purpose would he serve, I wonder?

I thought the same thing. 

Is it possible Rory ends up with Logan? I just have this feeling that she's going to end up with one of the 3 guys she dated throughout the show. I can't imagine her ending up with some random guy they introduce in the new episodes. But who the hell knows! Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

Well, Finn is such a douchebag, it's possible his appearance means that Logan is still a party animal which hopefully means he doesn't end up with Rory. I liked Logan at times mostly because I liked Matt C as an actor but I hated the "good girl wins the heart of the badboy" cliche storyline. 

ETA: If Rory ends up with one of the three boyfriends, I vote for Jess. He seemed like the best match for her. 

Edited by nolieblue
  • Love 1

Well, Finn is such a douchebag, it's possible his appearance means that Logan is still a party animal which hopefully means he doesn't end up with Rory

I was hoping Logan grew up and maybe was even married with kids by now; he seemed like he ready to settle down towards the end of the series. Maybe Finn is around because Logan is having some kind of get together/reunion that Rory ends up invited to? I really hope Logan isn't still goofing around with his fun time friends, I liked him and he was showing decent growth at the end of the series.

ETA: If Rory ends up with one of the three boyfriends, I vote for Jess. He seemed like the best match for her.

Personally I vote none of them, they've all run their courses imo. I'd rather see how Rory has been dealing with life at 30 then focusing on her romantic life. And please, no triangles.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 3

Finn?  Say it isn't so.  Makes me really think hard about watching now.  He cannot possibly have any part that would redeem his asshole presence.

Heh, maybe Finn ends up with Rory. Can you imagine?

It is kind of depressing to think of Logan still hanging out with those assholes eight years down the line, but maybe they've reformed and settled down. Many an unrepentant douchebag in his twenties becomes a dedicated, happily situated family man in his thirties, although it's usually attributable to a desire not to be the creepy old guy at the club as opposed to the love of a good woman.

Personally I vote none of them, they've all run their courses imo. I'd rather see how Rory has been dealing with life at 30 then focusing on her romantic life. And please, no triangles.

Michael Ausiello at TVLine has promised to post Part II of his interview with ASP, which will touch on Rory's current love life and whether Jess is coming back. Stay tuned.

I'm fine with one or all of Rory's former boyfriends coming back into the picture, provided they're 100% over Rory and not making clumsy attempts to win her back, sighing over the good times, or making drunken speeches whining about how bereft their Roryless existences are...which we know, of course, will be the case if they DO return, so I'd rather they just stay away altogether. No, thank you.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 4
Many an unrepentant douchebag in his twenties becomes a dedicated, happily situated family man in his thirties, although it's usually attributable to a desire not to be the creepy old guy at the club as opposed to the love of a good woman.

Finn is more likely to have an advanced case of cirrhosis of the liver.  Or have been shot for making one too many jackass remarks to somebody.

• Love 3

I'm very sad that Melissa McCarthy can't find the time to make a little cameo. Not surprised - but sad all the same.

A tiny part of me hopes that ASP is straight up misleading us, but that would be silly. Not to mention cruel!

I really hope Jess makes an appearance. Even if we just get a scene with Luke, you know? Not sure if there would even be anything with Rory because of Milo and Alexis. I know absolutely nothing about their dynamic, but I can't image we'd get much of anything from those two. Oh well.

Finn is more likely to have an advanced case of cirrhosis of the liver.  Or have been shot for making one too many jackass remarks to somebody.

We can only hope. Perhaps he has the briefest of scenes in order to update Rory on what has happened with their louche Yale playmates.

I really hope Jess makes an appearance. Even if we just get a scene with Luke, you know? Not sure if there would even be anything with Rory because of Milo and Alexis. I know absolutely nothing about their dynamic, but I can't image we'd get much of anything from those two. Oh well.

They took a bunch of pictures together during the ATX Festival in June. So hopefully there isn't any bad blood there. 

Do I have this right? (Going by character names to make it easier).

Confirmed: Lorelai, Luke, Rory, Emily, Paris, Lane, Michel, Gypsy, Kirk, Christopher (I think DS stated on social media that "Dad" would make an appearance)

Probably In: Finn

Would Like To Return, But No Confirmation: Jess, Doyle, Logan

Probably Out: Sookie

Milo Ventimiglia tweeted a photo of a few flesh-coloured briefs at NBC and 20th Century Fox about "Amazing wardrobe choices" for "Day 1/Scene 1." I assume this is in reference to his new show. When user emilyfrosts tweeted in what I assume was meant to be a joke "Jess' wardrobe for revival #confirmed," Ventimiglia tweeted back "Nope. Not yet"...for whatever that's worth.

Edited by Eyes High

Don't even joke about that.  The HORROR!

I'm wondering why of all Stars Hollow people they are bringing back Gypsy.  I liked Gypsy but she wasn't really a fleshed out character.  Wasn't really seen after the first few seasons.  Only thing I can think of is maybe Dean or Jess works for her.

Of course I'm sad Sookie won't be coming back for anything other than a cameo, if that BUT now Michel will be Lorelei's BFF.  I can live with that.

I was hoping Logan grew up and maybe was even married with kids by now; he seemed like he ready to settle down towards the end of the series. Maybe Finn is around because Logan is having some kind of get together/reunion that Rory ends up invited to? I really hope Logan isn't still goofing around with his fun time friends, I liked him and he was showing decent growth at the end of the series.

But of course he'd be lost again without her because Rory is MAGical!

Sorry, I don't hate Rory, but the SirenRory stuff on the show grates.

There's actually a fair amount of fanfic that indicates many people have. Fortunately I am not one of them.

• Love 3
Of course I'm sad Sookie won't be coming back for anything other than a cameo, if that BUT now Michel will be Lorelei's BFF.  I can live with that.

Oh I hope he isn't.  I think he likes Lorelai, and gets jealous when he feels his place within Lorelai's world is threatened, but Michel doesn't really seem like someone who Lorelai would be confiding in, or otherwise spending a lot of time with on a non-professional basis. 

They took a bunch of pictures together during the ATX Festival in June. So hopefully there isn't any bad blood there.

I was going to say, didn't their relationship end before the series ended?  Even if it was a bad break up, I'd hope they would have both moved on by this point. 

Don't even joke about that.  The HORROR!

I'm wondering why of all Stars Hollow people they are bringing back Gypsy.  I liked Gypsy but she wasn't really a fleshed out character.  Wasn't really seen after the first few seasons.  Only thing I can think of is maybe Dean or Jess works for her.

Of course I'm sad Sookie won't be coming back for anything other than a cameo, if that BUT now Michel will be Lorelei's BFF.  I can live with that.

It could be that they're just bringing back as many of the SH regulars as they can, with no rhyme or reason, but maybe they're bringing back Gypsy to up the LGBT representation. Didn't Gypsy's actress say that she played Gypsy as if she was in love with Lorelai? Maybe, freed from the restrictions of what was considered family-friendly fare 15 years ago, Gypsy will be partnered off with a cute Lorelai clone. (Maybe Michel will have a boyfriend, too.)

I was going to say, didn't their relationship end before the series ended?  Even if it was a bad break up, I'd hope they would have both moved on by this point.

I heard rumours that Milo and Alexis' relationship issues went a lot deeper than your run of the mill bad breakup, and if that's the case, we might have a Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi in The Good Wife situation. Doesn't necessarily mean Jess won't make an appearance even if that's the case, though. He could still check in with Luke in a Rory-free setting.

Part II of Michael Ausiello's interview with ASP is up at TV Line. There are mild spoilers.

Edited by Eyes High

It makes me a bit nervous that everything isn't finalized. But I guess that's to be expected when you have this many players, all working on other projects.

The boyfriend situation is... interesting. Milo is currently filming a new show (?) but he's been pretty vocal about his desire to return. That obviously doesn't guarantee Jess' presence, but still. The fact that we don't have a straight answer is frustrating. 

So, certain storylines — one of which involved one of the boys — had been taken out of our hands.

*Sigh*

I wouldn't object to an F-bomb or two, not gonna lie! But, yes, I hope it all comes together.

Curious if Netflix will go against their usual routine for the show. I want all the episodes at once, and yet...

Edited by Mirage

I was just coming to post that exact article, aw86! What did you guys think of AS-P's answers? 

Even though Season 7 wasn't my favorite. I think it's smart of her not to completely dismiss it, and plus she is right, nothing really serious happened where she would have to even reference it anyway. 

All 3 of Rory's "Boys" all have their own TV Shows. But i'm assuming both Matt & Jared's shows will end filming rather soon. So I can see both of them coming back after their shows have wrapped for the season. I wonder if the storyline that is ASP is referring to is for Jess? I feel like out of the 3 of them he is the most connected directly to both of the Girls. 

And plus we have already have conformation of Finn returning so I imagine that Matt is close to some sort of deal. I can't imagine Finn coming back without Logan.  

Also I hope that ASP doesn't get her way with the show coming out 1 episode at a time, per day. I NEED THEM ALL AT ONCE ON THE SAME DAY SO I CAN BINGE WATCH!! Haha!

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

90 minutes x 4 episodes / 60 minutes = 6 hours. That's an impressive amount of binge-watching.

I guess in terms of viewing time, assuming a regular episode is about 40 minutes, 90 minutes x 4 episodes / 40 minutes = 9 regular episodes.

I was just coming to post that exact article, aw86! What did you guys think of AS-P's answers?

Her answer on the boys was kind of cryptic, didn't you find? It almost sounds like once the boys have signed on, she'll write something for them, even if that one storyline was "taken out of [their] hands" because of budgetary restrictions. I don't know. It sounds awfully loose and unplanned, and I'm worried that the effect will be one of sloppiness if they're constantly rewriting on the fly to accommodate casting news.

Milo Ventimiglia seemed to be hinting with his "Not yet" tweet at the Twitter user who joked about his NBC series costume being confirmation of his participation in the revival that he is going to be in the revival, just not at the moment. I could be reading too much into it, of course.

I wonder if the storyline that is ASP is referring to is for Jess?

A storyline that involved one of the boys was scrapped due to budgetary restrictions. My first thought went to a location shoot somewhere in California involving Logan, since the show has handily duplicated the Truncheon Books setting without too much difficulty.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
We never needed Taylor to go on a foul-mouthed, “You f—ing a–holes in Stars Hollow.”

I would be endlessly amused if Taylor said, "You fucking assholes in Stars Hollow."

It almost sounds like once the boys have signed on, she'll write something for them, even if that one storyline was "taken out of [their] hands" because of budgetary restrictions.

This is what she said:

So, certain storylines — one of which involved one of the boys — had been taken out of our hands. We’re still dealing with who’s going to be in it. We definitely want to see them. And we have storylines planned. I just need someone to tell me they’re going to show up.

So the storylines are planned, the actors just aren't signed on. But this is how TV writers deal. They have to deal with things like actor availability and budgets. I know on Buffy, the writers had an Oz arc planned for season five but Seth Green didn't want to come back to the show. So they have to roll with things like that.

I don't know about Matt Czuchry (he might be the pricey one, given that he now works for a different studio/network), but I know Jared Padalecki puts in a LOT of time on Supernatural. And I know he had gone through some depression or other mental health issue, So who knows if he wants to even spend his time off the Supernatural set working on Gilmore Girls.

Can't decide if I want all the episodes at once or one at a time. One at a time, you can savor each episode as it comes, analyze each episode to death over a day or a week or whatever. But all at once would be kind of lovely because you can curl up with pizza and the real Red Vines and binge watch all day AND THEN analyze the whole series to death. I would seriously take a day off work just to do that. Kids in school, husband at work and me with the Gilmore Girls and junk food. PERFECT.

Edited by Minneapple

I take Amy's comments as an almost-confirmation that Logan won't be back. Maybe CBS just wasn't willing to give up Matt without a pretty penny...

Finn was probably the storyline tweak she's talking about. I imagine it'll be Finn updating Rory on where Logan is now, instead of Logan doing it himself.

• Love 3

I take Amy's comments as an almost-confirmation that Logan won't be back. Maybe CBS just wasn't willing to give up Matt without a pretty penny...

Finn was probably the storyline tweak she's talking about. I imagine it'll be Finn updating Rory on where Logan is now, instead of Logan doing it himself.

I look forward to Finn's riveting tale of Logan deciding to turn his life around after Rory's rejection and make something of himself: graduating from Harvard Law, moving to Chicago for a fresh start, and, to be freed of his father's legacy, changing his name from Logan Huntzberger to Cary Agos. 

I would be endlessly amused if Taylor said, "You fucking assholes in Stars Hollow."

You know he's thinking it!

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

I find it hard to believe Melissa wasn't asked at all. If true, it makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

ASP said she contacted her people( in that article posted earlier today.)

So someone is at the very least misinformed.

ASP said she contacted her people( in that article posted earlier today.)

So someone is at the very least misinformed.

Maybe Melissa wasn't informed by her agent? No way ASP&co would completely over look one of the most important secondary characters from the shows run.

• Love 1

Maybe Melissa wasn't informed by her agent? No way ASP&co would completely over look one of the most important secondary characters from the shows run.

That's my guess. Perhaps her agent just decided she was " too big" for it.

This happens often, I feel like. I'm sure Amy went through Melissa's people to invite her, but an agent or manager most likely handled these decisions internally without even talking to Melissa about it. Hence Melissa thinks she hasn't been invited at all. 

This is turning messier the closer we get, though. No Sookie and no Logan. I wonder if there'll be others missing/dropping out last minute. I really just wanted everyone back :(

• Love 1

This happens often, I feel like. I'm sure Amy went through Melissa's people to invite her, but an agent or manager most likely handled these decisions internally without even talking to Melissa about it. Hence Melissa thinks she hasn't been invited at all.

This is turning messier the closer we get, though. No Sookie and no Logan. I wonder if there'll be others missing/dropping out last minute. I really just wanted everyone back :(

At least we know the main people are signed on.

but an agent or manager most likely handled these decisions internally without even talking to Melissa about it.

That's REALLY unlikely, unless said agent/manager was actively trying to get fired :) Agents and managers sometimes take the fall for their clients (who often pay them very generously for it!), and there are some proposed projects they might take the liberty of tossing into the trash immediately rather than bothering their clients, but there's almost no possible way the agent would decide about something like this GG revival without even discussing it with MM. MM didn't do the reunion either, right? I'm guessing she just doesn't want to do this for whatever combination of reasons and is trying to pretend she never got an invitation (which everyone else seems to have received) to save face with fans. 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 2

That's REALLY unlikely, unless said agent/manager was actively trying to get fired :) Agents and managers sometimes take the fall for their clients (who often pay them very generously for it!), and there are some proposed projects they might take the liberty of tossing into the trash immediately rather than bothering their clients, but there's almost no possible way the agent would decide about something like this GG revival without even discussing it with MM. MM didn't do the reunion either, right? I'm guessing she just doesn't want to do this for whatever combination of reasons and is trying to pretend she never got an

invitation (which everyone else seems to have received) to save face with fans.

Wouldn't it have been better for Melissa to just not comment then? IMO, her saying she wasn't invited might just create needless drama.

And, stopthestatic, I don't think it's confirmed that Logan won't be there! AS-P was just talking about not coming to deals with the actors who played Rory's interests yet, but there's still a possibility they can and will...however remote :) And I actually guessed she was talking about MV rather than MC when mentioning that storyline that would/has been scrapped, but she never said for sure.  

That's REALLY unlikely, unless said agent/manager was actively trying to get fired :) Agents and managers sometimes take the fall for their clients (who often pay them very generously for it!), and there are some proposed projects they might take the liberty of tossing into the trash immediately rather than bothering their clients, but there's almost no possible way the agent would decide about something like this GG revival without even discussing it with MM. MM didn't do the reunion either, right? I'm guessing she just doesn't want to do this for whatever combination of reasons and is trying to pretend she never got an invitation (which everyone else seems to have received) to save face with fans. 

It is possible. I saw or read, I don't remember an interview with Calista Flockhart where she said that her Agent passed on the role of Cat in Supergirl because she was busy with something else at the time, she had no idea. And it wasn't until it was offered again that they told her about it. 

Rumor has it that this is possibly The Good Wife's last season. So it might not even matter. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

I get where you're coming from. I just think it's great that so many GG alums are sufficiently successful that it's a headache to get them back. Lauren Graham is coming off a lead role on a show that ran for multiple seasons and is gearing up for an adaptation of The Royal We. Alexis Bledel and Scott Patterson have kept working, albeit mostly in projects nobody has seen. Jared Padalecki and Matt Czuchry both have long-standing stints as leads on TV shows. Milo Ventimiglia has worked steadily and has a pilot in the works. Liza Weil landed a role as a lead on a monstrously successful ABC show. Melissa McCarthy is a big box office draw. Danny Strong is an incredibly successful writer and producer. It's great that so many of them are doing so well.

Wouldn't it have been better for Melissa to just not comment then? IMO, her saying she wasn't invited might just create needless drama.

Yes. I find it hard to believe that she never heard anything, and the "No one asked me or Sookie" hinted at some sort of personal animus against McCarthy herself, which seems strange given that ASP has talked about the demands of McCarthy's schedule and wanting to get her back. Something's fishy.

• Love 2

Not as unlikely as you may think, honestly. Melissa is really busy and I don't think they'd even be willing to humor negotiations for a Netflix cameo [for a supporting character, nonetheless] when their client is making millions in leading roles in some of the biggest box office comedies.

Rumor has it that this is possibly The Good Wife's last season. 

Sure, but Matt is contracted with CBS through til 2017, so they would still have to go through them to get him to appear. Plus even though the Gilmore shoot ends in June, Matt will be busy at the Good Wife until April/May.

Yes. I find it hard to believe that she never heard anything, and the "No one asked me or Sookie" hinted at some sort of personal animus against McCarthy herself, which seems strange given that ASP has talked about the demands of McCarthy's schedule and wanting to get her back. Something's fishy.

Exactly. I get that it's occasionally happened where an agent doesn't pass along a project that his/her client actually wanted to be a part of, but the likelihood of it having happened in this instance is really slim. And certainly Melissa could have inquired about it long before now if she was remotely interested---those of us who are fans knew this revival was a possibility for months, so it's not like Melissa didn't know this project was at the very least a strong possibility. The smart money is on MM just not being interested in doing it. Maybe they'll suddenly find a way to work it out now based on the way fans are reacting to the news that she won't be there...and if MM gets advice that 'now you seem like you think you're too good for the show that launched your career' is a poor PR move. 

• Love 3

The smart money is on MM just not being interested in doing it. Maybe they'll suddenly find a way to work it out now based on the way fans are reacting to the news that she won't be there...and if MM gets advice that 'now you seem like you think you're too good for the show that launched your career' is a poor PR move.

Very true, and it makes me wonder what MM is thinking, assuming she really did know or at least had an inkling that ASP wanted her back for the revival. Not a smart move on her part, to put it out on social media where it can easily be seen and refuted. It makes me wonder if some of the rumors I've heard about MM,her attitude and negative feelings toward GG are true.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 1