Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: News, Photos and More

• Start Topic

With set construction pictures popping up almost every day now and inevitably more tidbits surfacing over the next little while, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to collect and discuss all those items in one place.

Anything that seems spoiler-y will respectfully be posted under a spoiler cut for those looking to avoid such things, and responses to those items should do the same.

------

Luke's Diner Set Photos:

tumblr_o0de7c8SlJ1qzsvt0o7_1280.png

tumblr_o0de7c8SlJ1qzsvt0o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0de7c8SlJ1qzsvt0o4_1280.jpg

Kim's Antiques is being rebuilt:

tumblr_o0de7c8SlJ1qzsvt0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0codmO9cR1qzeb7lo5_1280.jpg

Miss Patty's:

tumblr_o0codmO9cR1qzeb7lo4_1280.jpg

Doose's/Black White & Read:

tumblr_o0e3d7iy7s1qzeb7lo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0ciqxmBR91surf6zo2_1280.jpg

Set photo with possible plot spoiler:

tumblr_o0cqm1p7931tidq6yo1_540.jpg

Who is Lizzy? Are Liz and Luke somehow living together? Is it a codename for Lorelai to avoid spoiler leaks? Or is their grammar just atrocious and is it a set being used/redone for multiple locations?

Edited by stopthestatic
  • Love 1

Should I add a spoiler tag to the thread then? I'm fine with doing that, just unsure.

I don't know what is considered a spoiler in this context, I guess. Like would an Ausiello tidbit count as a spoiler or news? Is anyone even gonna want to avoid spoilers? 

If you are going to post spoilers openly, then yes, please add a Spoiler tag to the thread title.

News could just be who in the cast signed on or the actual air dates. Photos aren't necessarily spoilery (see above). So the title as is doesn't scream "spoilers" to even a spoiler-free viewer like me.

I'm going to be moving many posts from this thread to a new thread for just spoilers and speculation on those spoilers.  This thread will remain open for news items and discussion on those related to the Netflix revival.  

Having two threads will allow those who want to remain unspoiled to do so in a safer environment. Going forward, any pictures that would contain a possible spoiler should go into the other thread.  Spoiler tags are obviously not needed there.  

A show that went off the air several years ago but is being revived is somewhat new ground in figuring how the forum best suits all those needs, so feel free to PM me with questions or suggestions.

Thank you!

(edited)

Production listing up with shooting dates!

http://www.backstage.com/resources/detail/productionlisting/gilmore-girls-85626/

Jami Rudofsky, Casting Director

Risa Bramon Garcia, Casting Director

Karen P. Morris, Casting Associate

Amy Sherman-Palladino, Executive Producer

Daniel Palladino, Executive Producer

Mother and daughter live and experience life in Stars Hollow.

With Kelly Bishop, Alexis Bledel, Lauren Graham, and Scott Patterson.

Produced by Dorthy Parker Drank Here Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Streams on Netflix in 2016.

Shoots Feb. 2–June 30 in Los Angeles.

Edited by stopthestatic
  • Love 1

Wow! It's all becoming so real!

Thoughts:

- the 'shooting period' is 21 weeks. That seems very long for just 4x 90 minute episodes, no? Or does that period include post production? 4x 90 minute episodes is the same as 8 episodes of its original run which I believe were all shot in about 8 days...

- if rumours of Alexis Bledel's pregnancy are true then with this timeline I don't see how they can't but write it into the show. Of course there's all the usual tv tricks they can use, but since this is a once of deal, why not just wait until after her pregnancy to shoot unless they are going to have Rory pregnant? Also, God Forbid she had any health issues, production would have to be halted given that she is the co-lead.

Perhaps then the 21 week shooting period includes a break where AB is due her baby?

Or perhaps it was only a rumour after all...

Edited by Gooey

The dates could be wrong, they could be taking long breaks between episodes for cast availability reasons, or they could be getting creative with the filming schedule to accommodate certain things. Lots of possibilities but I almost think it's the last one because of how many actors are involved including possibly Milo, Matt, Liza, etc.

If they are real, we could even guess that they're filming all of the scenes with Alexis first before she starts showing a lot, and then doing the scenes with just Lauren, Lauren and Scott, and Lauren and Kelly in the second half? That would be insane but I don't put it past them to film out of order just to get it done.

The more interesting part to me was "streams on Netflix in 2016", so they're aiming for it to come out this year. That's crazy. I was sure it would come out anywhere from January - April of 2017. But if they wrap up shooting in June and are efficient about it, we could be seeing this in October - December!

• Love 1

It't quite normal to film things out of order. For example it's more cost and time effective to film all of the Luke's Diner scenes before dragging all of the camera and sound equipment to the next venue. Most movies and TV shows are filmed out of order to maximize efficiency. Thus the occasional blip in continuity with costumes and hair.

TVLine:

Gilmore Girls Revival: Netflix Boss Teases Upcoming 'Announcement'
By Michael Ausiello / January 17 2016, 8:48 AM PST

Netflix is breaking its silence about that in-the-works Gilmore Girls revival.

At the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena on Sunday, the streaming giant’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos updated reporters on the voraciously anticipated project, “I can’t tell you much about Gilmore Girls,” he said. “We’re still working on buttoning down everything before our announcements.”

Amy Sherman-Palladino and exec producer Daniel Palladino (AKA Team Palladino) will write and direct the entire revival, which will consist of four 90-minute episodes/mini-movies. As TVLine exclusive revealed, each episode will represent a different season over the course of one calendar year. In other words, there will be a fall chapter, a winter chapter, a spring chapter and a summer chapter. The revival will be set in the present day, or roughly eight years after the series ended.

Negotiations with the show’s primary cast — Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop and Scott Patterson — continue.

So they're building sets without having had the principle cast members sign up?

My guess is either the negotiations are now over small things that won't be an impediment to production, or there is some kind of general agreement in place, but they haven't hammered out all the specific details to say the deal is done.  Otherwise, I'd agree with you that it would be weird to be spending a lot of money on set production if you aren't 100% sure the project is going forward.   

So they're building sets without having had the principle cast members sign up?

They started negotiations for The X-files cast after the cast had already agreed to sign up for it. It's a matter of how much money their representatives can get for them now and how long they're willing to play the waiting game. For instance, Gillian Anderson (Scully) had mentioned that they were going to pay her less than David Duchovny (Mulder) and it took a bit to hammer out a deal to get them an equal salary (and this was a problem when the show was still on previously).

• Love 1

Lauren Graham's twitter: https://twitter.com/thelaurengraham/status/693193513287049216/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I'm SO EXCITED! I started watching the show all of 4 weeks ago but I love it. It bypassed me when I was younger, most WB shows did because I don't know, I'm a rebel? Anyway, I was the same age as Rory when the series began and now I'm the same age as Lorelai when the series began. I don't know why I shared that but there you go.

Admittedly the seventh season took a lot of heat, but it ended with one of the all-time great accidentally-prescient finale moments, where Rory heads off to cover Barack Obama's presidential campaign. If they acknowledge the non-Palladino stuff at all, I hope we get some hilarious anecdotes from Rory's time there.

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2016/01/29/lauren-graham-gilmore-girls-revival-interview-netflix/

This makes me so happy! :) 

I cannot wait :) 

My question is are they going to be writing Alexis's pregnancy in? It was leaked that she was pregnant in Novemberish. So I would assume she is at least 5-6 months pregnant now. Maybe that's the reason for the year arc broken up in seasons, she finds out she's pregnant at the end of the Winter arc, and then has the baby in the Fall arc? Or they are filming over 40 days, and she isn't showing much now so if she starts to she can start hiding behind things. She would be about 30 now, so it wouldn't be so far fetched for her to be pregnant. 

UTA: So I was just surfing about and I saw on IMDB someone posted that they saw Alexis in November in NYC and she looked like she was due anytime. So it's possible she's already had her baby, and it doesn't even matter. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
Do you think season 7 will be included in the revival? ASP said that 7 was not the story she planned (of course). As much as I didn't like it, I hope they don't ignore it.

I would say this show isn't Dallas, and frankly, it would screw too much with the continuity (and be really petty on ASP's part) to retroactively declare the last season not to have happened.   

• Love 3
(edited)

Do you think season 7 will be included in the revival? ASP said that 7 was not the story she planned (of course). As much as I didn't like it, I hope they don't ignore it.

Judging from certain spoilers in the spoilers thread, she won't be ignoring season 7 completely.

My question is are they going to be writing Alexis's pregnancy in? It was leaked that she was pregnant in Novemberish. So I would assume she is at least 5-6 months pregnant now. Maybe that's the reason for the year arc broken up in seasons, she finds out she's pregnant at the end of the Winter arc, and then has the baby in the Fall arc? Or they are filming over 40 days, and she isn't showing much now so if she starts to she can start hiding behind things. She would be about 30 now, so it wouldn't be so far fetched for her to be pregnant. 

UTA: So I was just surfing about and I saw on IMDB someone posted that they saw Alexis in November in NYC and she looked like she was due anytime. So it's possible she's already had her baby, and it doesn't even matter. 

Picture of Alexis from an awards show tonight:

CaAi_udUMAAEsjh.jpg

Looks to me like she's had the baby. So the Alexis/pregnancy issue is one thing that's definitely off the table now.

EDIT: On a slightly more shallow note, I'm glad Alexis's hair is darker than it was during ATX where it had a slightly more red tone. This colour is much more in character and closer to the natural tone for Rory. 

Edited by stopthestatic
  • Love 1
Looks to me like she's had the baby. So the Alexis/pregnancy issue is one thing that's definitely off the table now.

I may be wrong, but it looks like she is still pregnant.  It's just harder to tell with her facing forward. 

I may be wrong, but it looks like she is still pregnant.  It's just harder to tell with her facing forward.

I thought the same thing. To me it looks like there is a curve there but unless we have a side view it's hard to be sure.

I guess she could still be pregnant, but wouldn't she be further along/showing more at this point if she were?

I have no idea how far along she's supposed to be.  As to showing, some women don't end up showing a lot.

Another photo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBLvxHMAGmt/

I guess she could still be pregnant, but wouldn't she be further along/showing more at this point if she were? 

My guess is she isn't pregnant anymore, that is if she was at all to begin with. It was announced November, saying that they were keeping it secret, I figured they were already a few months along at the time. But its possible that she was almost due. She would for sure be showing by now.  

Someone posted on IMBD that she was "about to pop" when they saw her in NYC last fall. I'm guessing she has already had her baby and that she is just not completely back to her slim figure. It takes a few months unless you work out, which IMO Alexis isn't the type to really care.

If it was revealed in November that she was pregnant, I would assume she would be at least 3 months along then, since that's usually when people start sharing. Meaning she'd be around 5-6 months right now. She doesn't look 5-6 months pregnant to me in that photo, so the news probably came out late and she's had the baby already. Either way she looks fantastic and I'm so excited for filming/set pics with the cast soon!

• Love 1

It is hard to tell, but if Alexis is or ever was truly pregnant, she either looks a few months along or like she just gave birth recently. I could put her at between 4-6 mos pregnant. I know from experience that, particularly with a first pregnancy, it can take longer to actually "pop" so to speak.  I didn't pop till closer to 7 mos, but gained weight all around. Or I'd say she gave birth recently and still has the fuller figure (which looks good on her, btw). Or maybe even she has just gained a few pounds and never was pregnant. With her husband and her being as private as they are we probably won't know till we get photographic evidence of a baby or one of them mentions it. I have to admire how classy they are not to try to garner attention and free publicity for themselves.

I don't know anything about the timeline of Alexis' possible pregnancy. All I want to chime in on is that after one gives birth, normal humans still look pregnant. Even two years after giving birth, I still have a paunch and I weigh less than before I got pregnant, so it's not just fat.

Princesses and other celebrities have more access to things like body forming undergarments, more form flattering clothes, and plastic surgeons.

• Love 1

Neither her or Vincent Kartheiser's wikipedia profiles say anything about a baby. I think the rumors may have started because they married secretly. If they married secretly it must be because of a baby. I saw a few stories about her rumored to be pregnant. Those stories were from November. She does not look pregnant at all in the SAG awards photos.

Pretty much everybody - married or dating - gets the pregnancy story. I don't know how many covers I read in the grocery store line stating that Jennifer Aniston is pregnant. I don't know how many times she's been on the cover pregnant with twins. The tabloids really want her to be having twins.  

Pregnancy is probably great click bait and sells magazines. 

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 2