Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/14/15

Morbs
  • Start Topic

BW likes to keep THE most fascinating secret and I saw a clip of Trump today.....so not him.

Probably Assad, lol - except not. Nor funny.

Yes, I believe that Trump might well be BW' s "most fascinating person of the year."

Which would mean BW and I have entirely different ideas of what it means to be "fascinating".

• Love 4

Friday, December 18 – “The View’s” Holiday Show!; Grammy Award-winner Darlene Love performs “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home”

Dear Darlene,

How far you have fallen from the Letterman perch that you adorned for so many years.  Love the song, love your performances, but ...The View?

• Love 5

Who the hell even uses the word "screwable?"  

Granted, Bradley Cooper is someone I get why others find attractive, but his face is a bit too rodent like and he comes off as a huge douche if one that could probably charm the pants off you if he put the effort into it.  I heard way too much though about his Silver Linings Playbook promotional tour to not keep mine tightly belted and buckled. 

But Walters?  Listen up everyone.  This is what someone sounds like when she is flailing in a sea of anonymity after falling from the boat of constant undeserved attention.  What's next?  A year from now we get her asking whatever hunk du jour makes her look with it and plug into pop culture what his dick size is?

Yes, I believe that Trump might well be BW' s "most fascinating person of the year."

Which would mean BW and I have entirely different ideas of what it means to be "fascinating".

Well Hitler was Time's Person of the Year in 1938 I believe.  Granted Trump is still a far way from being as heinous as Hitler.  But then even at her prime, Walters has never been close to Time Magazine in the thirties either.

• Love 6

Barbara Walters probably got the term screwable from Sweaty Geddie in a sad, pathetic attempt to get attention for her lame show. I think BC is senile enough to go along with it. Her legacy is staying around long enough to be the last one at the party (and just as unwelcome as anyone who overstays anywhere). Dignity? What's that?

• Love 6

To me once again, ABC sucks. Is the screwable quote from this year's yet to air show? If so, this is what ABC thinks the viewers like. That's the best quote of the show to them, probably.

(I didn't read it, links make my computer do funny things some days)

• Love 3

I noticed a couple of ladies in the audience looking mad as hell when Whoopi paraded her sweater!  LMAO  

Paula did need to let it go but it is funny to watch her tongue come out and lick her top lip when she gets upset and it was working overtime during that segment.  Did you see Raven put her hand out and grab Paula's giving it a squeeze and said something as an aside to her then when they finally went to break she mouthed something to the other side of the table.  All is not happy in Dodge!

Michelle is like the brown noser wannabe in class trying to get the teacher's attention all the time with her "pick me, look at me" one liners that just detract from the "conversation" rather than add to it!  STFU

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 9

I also think Michelle realizes she is swimming with a bunch of mean girls.  She reminds me of the girls in high school who know there are sides and yet, one, can't pick which one to firmly stick with (she wants to pick the winner) and, two, is terrified if she doesn't she is going to be a target herself.   Which makes me wonder what is going to happen the new year.  I think Michelle sees Whoopi still holds the most power.  But she also doesn't see Whoopi as holding it all.  Something I think is different than when Michelle first started.  Whoopi might not be going anywhere but I do think she got served some sort of notice and Michelle either knows or has a sense for it.   In fact, I think as annoying as she is, Michelle's attitude towards the others might serve as the perfect barometer as to who is in favor production wise and who is not. 

• Love 2

Back to BW......she is going to have Trump on her special too, along with Amy Schumer (Amy quizzes her on faking orgasims).

Sorry to go off-topic for a wee minute but speaking of Amy Schumer; we watched Trainwreck last weekend and I was so totally looking forward to it and it was AWFUL.  Just a horrid movie.  Did anyone here actually LIKE this movie?  And I am asking this as someone who is admittedly a Judd Apatow fan (though I guess Schumer wrote this and not Apatow) and I do loves me some raunchy humour.  But for me, the raunchy humour has to actually be funny, hence the term "humour."  I have always thought Schumer was funny from the little bits & blurbs of her I have seen but jeezus, this was a piece of shit.  My beer drinking hubby started drinking my wine just to get through it.  And I am banned from picking the movies for the next little while. 

Back to the show -- After everyone else speaks and gives their opinions, Whoopi then just ends the entire discussion with "But here's the thing ....."   and then basically just tells everyone else that they are wrong and she is right.  The End.  She just did it twice within 60 seconds during the gun"discussion."

Did you all catch Paula throwing some more shade Whoopi's way during the facebook "discussion?"  Ever since you guys pointed this out I have been really noticing it.  She is good.  She said something like ---   'Getting back to that really good point you just brought up, Whoopi, don't we all agree that it is important to listen to people with opposing views and ideas?'   Hee.  You're smooth, girl. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 8

I never can remember the blonde woman's name who's filling in today. She seems to be an airhead especially when going on about how she thought the people who own the guns that other people use to do mass shootings should go to jail. She blurted out that she thought the Sandy Hook's shooter Adam Lanza's Mom should be in jail then as soon as that came out of her mouth she had to be reminded that he killed his Mom too.

• Love 6

Oh, yikes that segment with Barb was uncomfortable.  They were definitely treating her like the doddering old Auntie at the table.  Gently leading her into her answers in their nicest 'talking to a sweet old lady' voices.  And I love how Barb thinks she is going to reveal something new and never heard before during her Amy Schumer interview. Since it  isn't 1988 anymore and you can't surprise people with anything now, let me guess .... she had a rather sad childhood because of her Dad having MS.  She also made some crack about how Amy isn't beautiful. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 5
Who the hell even uses the word "screwable?"

The screw-ER?

As for TRAINWRECK, I enjoyed it.  I have been a fan of Amy Schumer's since "Last Comic Standing" 7-8 years ago.  I try to watch everything of hers, so maybe I'm prejudiced.

• Love 4

So when one vapid cohost is absent they are required to fill in with another vapid guest host? Sheesh.

If someone steals my car, hits someone and kills them, should I be prosecuted too?

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

I love Amy Schumer's standup comedy specials! And Bill Hader. I liked Trainwreck, (especially the sex scenes with a naked John Cena), but fell asleep abt 15 minutes before the ending, snd havent bothered to go back and watch the rest. HOWEVER, I Love that Amy has not fucked/plumped up her lips. She's very real to me.

Please, God, don't let the most fascinating person be Caitlin. I pray that Caitlin's 15 minutes is up (like 2 months ago). That said, today's show was relatively painless without Raven or Ccb.

• Love 3

I noticed a couple of ladies in the audience looking mad as hell when Whoopi paraded her sweater!  LMAO  

Paula did need to let it go but it is funny to watch her tongue come out and lick her top lip when she gets upset and it was working overtime during that segment.  Did you see Raven put her hand out and grab Paula's giving it a squeeze and said something as an aside to her then when they finally went to break she mouthed something to the other side of the table.  All is not happy in Dodge!

Michelle is like the brown noser wannabe in class trying to get the teacher's attention all the time with her "pick me, look at me" one liners that just detract from the "conversation" rather than add to it!  STFU

I did notice Raven. The girl seems to have a good heart sometimes. I like her a lot of the time, but at other times I roll my eyes.

Sorry to go off-topic for a wee minute but speaking of Amy Schumer; we watched Trainwreck last weekend and I was so totally looking forward to it and it was AWFUL.  Just a horrid movie.  Did anyone here actually LIKE this movie?  And I am asking this as someone who is admittedly a Judd Apatow fan (though I guess Schumer wrote this and not Apatow) and I do loves me some raunchy humour.  But for me, the raunchy humour has to actually be funny, hence the term "humour."  I have always thought Schumer was funny from the little bits & blurbs of her I have seen but jeezus, this was a piece of shit.  My beer drinking hubby started drinking my wine just to get through it.  And I am banned from picking the movies for the next little while. 

Back to the show -- After everyone else speaks and gives their opinions, Whoopi then just ends the entire discussion with "But here's the thing ....."   and then basically just tells everyone else that they are wrong and she is right.  The End.  She just did it twice within 60 seconds during the gun"discussion."

Did you all catch Paula throwing some more shade Whoopi's way during the facebook "discussion?"  Ever since you guys pointed this out I have been really noticing it.  She is good.  She said something like ---   'Getting back to that really good point you just brought up, Whoopi, don't we all agree that it is important to listen to people with opposing views and ideas?'   Hee.  You're smooth, girl. 

Yes, she is smooth and very smart. That's another reason for the treatment she gets from Miss Whoopi. 

I never can remember the blonde woman's name who's filling in today. She seems to be an airhead especially when going on about how she thought the people who own the guns that other people use to do mass shootings should go to jail. She blurted out that she thought the Sandy Hook's shooter Adam Lanza's Mom should be in jail then as soon as that came out of her mouth she had to be reminded that he killed his Mom too.

Give her a break. She's pregnant. LOL

• Love 3

My bold.  I totally agree Cementhead!!!  My girlfriend & I, she's 65 & I'm 71, went to see it.  We left half-way through,  It was stupid & disgusting.  Same with Mad Max Fury Road, but they're both up for awards, so there you go.  LOL.  (We're both big fans of Amy Schumer & Charlize Theron & were really disappointed!!!)

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

UGH-Sara Haines yet again!

Why the hell does do they have these "contributors" listed on their web site and Sara Hanies is there more than they are? She is there so much Whoopi doesn't even introduce her anyone. She drives me crazy! Make her stay away, please!

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/cast

• Love 2

I figured that would be the case. Thanks. Poor lady. I hope she's enjoying herself, at least.

I'd agree except unfortunately for me,  Babs enjoying herself means keeping her mug on TV and cranking out these lame specials.

But Walters?  Listen up everyone.  This is what someone sounds like when she is flailing in a sea of anonymity after falling from the boat of constant undeserved attention.  What's next?  A year from now we get her asking whatever hunk du jour makes her look with it and plug into pop culture what his dick size is?

Oh she's been flailing for a while in my opinion - like the last two or three years before she left the show.  

ETA:  As far comments on dick size, Babs has already done that at least once that wasn't brain bleachable.  It was about Anthony Weiner and it stunned the table.  Remember this? 

To me once again, ABC sucks. Is the screwable quote from this year's yet to air show? If so, this is what ABC thinks the viewers like. That's the best quote of the show to them, probably.

(I didn't read it, links make my computer do funny things some days)

Yes, it's from the promo for this year's Barbara Walters 10 Most OverExposedFascinating People.   That particular quote makes me feel like ABC is laughing at Babs, not with her.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

I thought with Dave retiring we'd never see Miss Love performing her Christmas classic again.  I'm grateful to The View.

Personally, I would have hoped that this would be the one of Dave's traditions that Colbert would have carried forth.  So sorry he didn't.  Surely there are other outlets where Darlene could be showcased in a more appreciative manner.  Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself by not giving The View the chance to do right by her, but I have the feeling this will probably be a "Pffffft and it's over" kinda' deal, and Darlene's performance of this classic deserves better IMO.  Colbert?  Kimmel?  Fallon?  Anyone?

• Love 5

I'd agree except unfortunately for me,  Babs enjoying herself means keeping her mug on TV and cranking out these lame specials.

Oh she's been flailing for a while in my opinion - like the last two or three years before she left the show.  

Yes, it's from the promo for this year's Barbara Walters 10 Most OverExposed Fascinating People.   That particular quote makes me feel like ABC is laughing at Babs, not with her.

You had the wrong word striked out, Cosmo, so I fixed it fer ya!

No need to thank me. Really!

• Love 5

The "screwable" quote really turns by stomach and is horribly inappropriate.  If an older male interviewer said that to a younger female actress, he'd be fired. At least, I would hope he'd be fired.

• Love 10

Imagine if an 80+ year old MALE journalist called an actress half his age "screwable".   That man would be called a lecherous evil pervert, others would say he was just senile, but he would  never be on TV again. 

Wow-  marny is in my brain.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 10

The "screwable" quote really turns by stomach and is horribly inappropriate.  If an older male interviewer said that to a younger female actress, he'd be fired. At least, I would hope he'd be fired.

Great point marny and backformore.  I didn't even think of that.  

Jennifer Lawrence was interviewed by Charlie Rose on his show yesterday to promote the same movie.  He is 73, she's 25.  Now imagine if he had leaned over the table and said, "I could just sit and stare at you but that would take too much time. But I, I find you very screwable."   Accck!!

Disclaimer:  I think CR is the best interviewer alive today, actually.  Even at her very best, Babs was never that good.    

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

I wonder if they'll reference the NYPD boycotting the Hateful Eight, since Tarantino dissed the police and called them murderers?  Could be interesting unless they brush that all aside.  But from what I've read in the NY papers, the NYPD isn't fooling around and will put people outside the theaters.  But never mind, does anyone think that any movie other than Star Wars will get any butts in the seats?  

Someone needs to grow a set and tell BW it's time to totally retire.  She's tarnishing her career with these silly things she's doing.  But like others have said, put a man in the same position and have him use the term "screwable" and he'd be out the door.  Can you imagine these ladies if O'Reilly had done this?  Oy, a firestorm to be sure, but probably great TV. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 2

Someone needs to grow a set and tell BW it's time to totally retire.  She's tarnishing her career with these silly things she's doing.  

I'm sure people have tried. She seems like the kind of person who'd be as stubborn as a mule though.

• Love 3

Great point marny and backformore.  I didn't even think of that.  

Jennifer Lawrence was interviewed by Charlie Rose on his show yesterday to promote the same movie.  He is 73, she's 25.  Now imagine if he had leaned over the table and said, "I could just sit and stare at you but that would take too much time. But I, I find you very screwable."   Accck!!

I'm quoting myself because after thinking about it I decided it really doesn't matter how old/young  Charlie Rose is or Babs or Jennifer Lawrence or Cooper; that comment and those like them would be totally inappropriateby a professional no matter who said them to whom.   After I posted my comment above I tried to think about a celeb interview where Bab's  kinds of comments and questions would be appropriate and came up short.    How about Oprah to Denzel?  Or Jimmy Fallon to Babs?  See what I mean?  

• Love 2

OMG.....I really don't think I am a prude. But what is it with screwable from BW? Evidently WG said on Watch What Happens Live the other night when asked about Ted Danson............"That's like 20 years ago!...I've boned so many people since then." (Source, Huffpo).

Am I so wrong?

OMG.....I really don't think I am a prude. But what is it with screwable from BW? Evidently WG said on Watch What Happens Live the other night when asked about Ted Danson............"That's like 20 years ago!...I've boned so many people since then." (Source, Huffpo).

Am I so wrong?

• Love 1

Already seated when they came back from commercial. The same with Mary Louise Parker.

Whoopi's interview with Barbara was taped at a different time.  You can tell because Whoopi had on a plaid shirt and gold shoes. Cut back to the show and she had a white shirt and fuzzy slippers.  I swear I don't watch that closely, but my mind will pick up lack of continuity in shows and movies. 

• Love 3

Oh, yikes that segment with Barb was uncomfortable.  They were definitely treating her like the doddering old Auntie at the table.  Gently leading her into her answers in their nicest 'talking to a sweet old lady' voices.  And I love how Barb thinks she is going to reveal something new and never heard before during her Amy Schumer interview. Since it  isn't 1988 anymore and you can't surprise people with anything now, let me guess .... she had a rather sad childhood because of her Dad having MS.  She also made some crack about how Amy isn't beautiful. 

She did? Really? I'm cringing….. 

(almost as much as "screwable")

• Love 3

Am I so wrong?

Am I so wrong?

My bold.  In a heterosexual "situation", isn't the woman the "bonee"???

• Love 2

Still trying to process Wednesday's show...things were tense from the jump.

When Michelle (who looks different--Broadway stage makeup?) asked Paula specifically a political question, Paula and he others jumped all over it, odd.

And so Paula is a Trump supporter right? Cause whoopi kept bringing up how she CAN NOT believe anyone would support him! And then th did that awkward clap test as they were going to break...and finally Paula semi outed herself as a supporter. That's the beef between the two maybe? Almost as odd as the recent Paula/Raven friendship....

And yeah whoopi did not like joy complimenting Paula's teleprompter reading skills!

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 3

Whoopi is so sensitive about any critical comment or differing opinion that she points and says "youuuuuuuuu" and then lectures us.

Can't remember any other mod or co-host getting away with her shenanigans. She really ruins the show for me - and I can't stand the accolations she gets from many, many years ago. Because I don't like who she has become.

• Love 15

Okay folks, taking one for the team!!  BaWa opened wearing a grape-colored turtleneck, what looked like grape-colored leather pants (which highlighted her ultra-skinny legs) & a big metal belt (like we used to wear in the 60's -- whoa!!!)  In some shots her face was prune-like despite the "work" & her lips looked a little like Jack Nicholson's Joker character.  So far, I liked Amy Schumer.  More to come .....

• Love 7

Last, but not least, her constant blinking & crappy hairstyle was really distracting!!

It was Bradley Cooper that said his agent told him he was "not really fuckable" & BaWa simply repeated it.  So BIG FUCKING DEAL about nothing!!!

Surprise, surprise, Caitlin Jenner, ding, ding, was this year's Most Fascinating.  So what, who cares!!!

I'm done!!!

• Love 10

And so Paula is a Trump supporter right? Cause whoopi kept bringing up how she CAN NOT believe anyone would support him! And then th did that awkward clap test as they were going to break...and finally Paula semi outed herself as a supporter. That's the beef between the two maybe? Almost as odd as the recent Paula/Raven friendship....

Maybe,  but I didn't get that; it seemed to me like Paula was truly trying to be a devil's advocate like she said she was being although the best argument she made was pretty weak.  I think if she really was a Trump supporter, she could have come up with something better.  Anyway, someone had to present another view - maybe she sees that as her role just like whomever sits in Raven's chair has to read from Twitter.     

Last, but not least, her constant blinking & crappy hairstyle was really distracting!!

It was Bradley Cooper that said his agent told him he was "not really fuckable" & BaWa simply repeated it.  So BIG FUCKING DEAL about nothing!!!

So the tabloids really got me with the Bab's "I think you're screwable" quote.  Damn.  I usually don't fall for that stuff but I did this time because quite honestly, it seemed SO believable to me.  I could totally see Babs saying something like that out of the blue. Ha!

Surprise, surprise, Caitlin Jenner, ding, ding, was this year's Most Fascinating.  So what, who cares!!!

I'm done!!!

Shocker! Thanks for the report MC.   It sounds like you saved countless retinas, lol. 

• Love 4

I'm done!!!

I was just about to post the same thing.  She simply repeated what Bradley Cooper said.  Nothing more.

And Caitlin, yes.  What a letdown.   The whole show was, actually.  And I'm a Barbara Walters' fan.  I've spent time with her (several times), and I really like her.  Super unpopular opinion here, I know.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 3

And Caitlin, yes.  What a letdown.   The whole show was, actually.  And I'm a Barbara Walters' fan.  I've spent time with her (several times), and I really like her.  Super unpopular opinion here, I know.

Was there an interview with Caitlin?

DebbieM4:  I've always liked BW as well, but only know her tv persona.  If you are able to say, how were you able to spend time with her?  And is she much different in person than on tv?

• Love 2

Regarding Whoopi's bullying/crassness/incompetence at moderating, I'm thinking that for the (TV in general) and the View's production team's warped view, any press/media attention is good cuz of the attention which translates into the craving by manufacturers for space for product pushing and commercials.  

And as Whoopi constantly tells us, she doesn't care.  I imagine that Whoops figures that her EGOT, high salary, and celebrity friends are the only important things, and the rest of the world (including the other co-hosts) can go screw themselves.  I figure when confronted with her behavior, Whoops will say that the behind-the-scenes producers told her to "act" this way for ratings.  

Marketing rules. Whoops sold out. 

• Love 2