Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/14/15

Morbs
  • Start Topic

Maybe as part of her faith, CCB is required to proselytize --isn't that what evangelical means for certain Christians? 

Yes the definition of evangelical is essentially to proselytize and though I don't know lots about born again Christians, my impression is that they are evangelicals by definition.  I'm more than ready to be corrected. :)

Maybe as part of her faith, CCB is required to proselytize --isn't that what evangelical means for certain Christians?   She could have sold her reason for taking this View job  to her husband (for his permission) as a way for spreading the word.

Maybe but I don't think she asks for permission  CCB is the breadwinner; he's been retired for years and said that he did it in part to so his wife could resume her career.    Remember she told us he's home so he 'does everything' as far as being home goes.  

It might just be me, but I think CCB talks about her kids almost as much as she talks about her faith.  Not in the Kathie Lee way, but I've always felt she only talks on two topics - her faith and her family.  

It makes me throw up in my mouth to think of all the celebrity kids who are given a pass cuz of their parents. How sad for the kids. I would love to see an article about kids of celebrities who are making it on their own--or in a different occupation, than riding their family's coattails to hell.

Here you go: Ben Ford, son of Harrison Ford  

I came across an article about Ford in the Food section of some newspaper, maybe the L.A. Times but before that, I had no idea.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Thanks!  How awesome is Ben Ford!!!! I didn't know.   Harrison Ford is a classy actor and keeps his private life private mostly (although Calista never impressed me).  

Too bad Ben doesn't get the publicity that lesser talented kids do.   But then, maybe he doesn't want/need it.  These days it seems that some industries/arts are moving towards doing something with high quality on a small scale for a high price --but because it's worth it. 

Any others?  Paul Newman''s daughter who kept up the organic farming gig.   I am drawing a blank on others now (maybe cuz they want to remain private, n'est pas?

• Love 2

Let's face it, if they're successful or talented they're not going to get press, however if they're fuckups you can almost guarantee it!!!  That's just the nature of the American media today.  I was looking over The Huffington Post recently and came across the Carnegie Awards; they're awarded to everyday folks who have shown unbelievable bravery.  Why these amazing people aren't on the six o'clock news is a mystery, instead we're subjected to assholes like Donald Trump.

• Love 5

Am I the only one who has noticed the proliferation of commercials on the View?  After  a run of ads, they will show a 30 second  spot of The View and then run another batch of ads..  

• Love 4

Fannysue - nope.

It goes along with a looong intro about what we're going to see and the grand entrance and oddles of dancing and waving and settling down.

And then at the end 4 or 5 minutes of commercials and WG coming out with her version of "take a little time to enjoy your view" or whatever......that even means.

• Love 1
(edited)

YES! I have noticed the "plethora" of commercials too...on many shows. I watched Better Call Saul and we noted that it lasted abt 15 min., after FF thru commercials. More product pushing, less content. Sucks, doesn't it?

I guess we're paying for those big, Hollywood stars and their $20, 000 gift bags.

On the other hand, Thank Goddess for fast forward capability.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3