Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/14/15

Morbs
  • Start Topic

Everyone seemed to be in a good mood today. Joy was firing on all cylinders. Her jokes can be hit and miss—and even a hit only gets a smile from me most of the time—but I ended up laughing hysterically several times today. “I’m sorry. Continue what you were saying about the woman vacuuming out her yeast”… I almost wish I’d recorded this show to keep. They had to have been drinking before the show to get along this well.

Raven surprisingly made a good point during the women in the military topic, about the same thing happening because of differences between race/sexuality, etc. Shocked, I tell you. And we briefly got a glimpse of the Whoopi I once liked. She was hilarious talking about Christmas cards and pretty on-point in regards to the Huckleberry Finn and military topics. I thought what Candace said to Raven about sending her cards was sweet/cute, but of course Raven just laughed condescendingly at her.

• Love 2

I agreed with Whoopi several times today. Up is down, black is white, cats and dogs are living together...

On what points? Bc I thought I caught myself agreeing with her too. WUT?

Yesterday they announced the "premiere" of the great holiday baking show Mon night. The show is almost over and the finale is next week *snort*

• Love 4

I actually like getting an update on a family's yearly activities with my Christmas cards, or rather mainly a Christmas photo, which is what most people send now. Usually I don't even get a handwritten little note, just a photo. I guess I'm old school. It's too bad for anyone who sent Whoopi a card with some information, because she "doesn't care about your family", and she made that clear on national TV.

• Love 6

Usually I don't even get a handwritten little note, just a photo.

I hear you!

I call them "processed cards". Just a picture with the names printed on. Envelope has label with my address. It is the same format I get from a car dealer.

I wonder if people even know who they are sending cards to anymore. Feel that I'm just on a "mailing list".

• Love 3

Why does Raven giggle so much about any/every comment (usually Whoopi's) like it's the most hilarious thing in the world?  Dumb. Just dumb and tiresome.  Maybe she's smoking Whoopi's weed before the show. 

• Love 4

So somebody took Whoopi to the woodshed regarding her treatment of Paula, preaching and awkward sign-off. I still don't like her as a moderator. She's still every bit the narcissistic bully who cannot read the teleprompter.  Didn't she even allude to that (being inept as a moderator) herself today?

Does Raven even know what a placenta looks like? Hint: Not Joy's hair. Maybe she threw that in there because at least a few on the panel did not want to talk about the Kartrashians yet again.  

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 3

At the top of each forum, there's a blue "flag" called "Follow" ... click on that, click on the little box on top of the "flag" & then click on follow.  Then, every post to selected forums end up in your email inbox.  (Except for now, it isn't happening on any forum!!???)

Re six-section line -- no I don't see that.

I stopped receiving email notifications as of early yesterday morning when the board was up and down then being all wonky. There's a thread about it in the "Bugs" section of this board.

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/35873-not-receiving-any-notifications/#entry1805651

• Love 1
At the top of each forum, there's a blue "flag" called "Follow" ... click on that, click on the little box on top of the "flag" & then click on follow.  Then, every post to selected forums end up in your email inbox.

OGODNO!!!    I spend too much time weeding out email as it is.  But...is it for only the specific "comment" I'm following?  Not the show...for example, not every comment on The View Forum?

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1

I think there's still something wonky with the forums.  Am I the only one who isn't received "follow" notices?

Medicine Crow, I never did select "follow."  What are the benefits?  Oh...so it's obvious why I can't answer your question.

And do you have a six-section line of type at the bottom of your pages....they start with: Depricated:  ?

It's a good idea to go to the site's Announcements section when the board is wonky.  Yes, there are still lingering issues. Dave (the administrator, is good about keeping us up to date as to what is going and why).

OGODNO!!!    I spend too much time weeding out email as it is.  But...it it only for the specific "comment" I'm following?  Not the show...for example, not every comment on The View Forum?

If you click "Follow" for the Show and not the individual weekly threads, then you will get notification, every time there is a post made in this forum. If you click on, say, this thread, then you will get notification for every single post made.  And you can select to not get these notifications in emails, but just in your content on the stie alone, in the upper right hand corner where it says "notifications."

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

So somebody took Whoopi to the woodshed regarding her treatment of Paula, preaching and awkward sign-off. I still don't like her as a moderator. She's still every bit the narcissistic bully who cannot read the teleprompter.  Didn't she even allude to that (being inept as a moderator) herself today?

How do we know someone talked to her about that?  I didn't watch today, but did she say something? 

I have noticed this show hasn't touched the actual hot topic of Cosby's latest legal moves with a ten foot pole which I'm sure has something everything to do with Whoopi.     Instead we got the burning hot,  "Should You Have Sex Before Marriage."  bullshit.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

It's fascinating that Whoopi kind of backed down from Paula....for now. Paula iS in the news business.. a cut throat place so Whoopi isn't as formidable as that..imho.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/12/the-view-air-display-of-workplace-bullying/

Is the writer on this forum?  She said exactly what so many people here have said, and she is the first one who has commented almost verbatim on the dynamics between Whoopie, Paula, and the rest of the panel.  I felt as though I was reading all the recent comments here, pulled together in one column.  Yes!!!  Missed yesterday because the news coverage was about the closure of all LA schools.  

Thank you for the link!

• Love 10

Wow! That article was concise and sharply accurate. I was watching today's show and it seems like none of the others will let Paula talk either.

Then again, Paula needs to speed up her talking and hone her points to get them in, and speak more assertively. Use hand motions to grab attention. Hold your ground sometimes. (Not that I care to hear more Repub., conservative views, it's just that I don't like to see anyone get bullied. )

Whoppi continues to be rude to Paula and negate her points today.

Raven continues to wear ugly clothes today.

• Love 6

Great link posted above, and so true! Except that Whoopi is still not cutting Paula any slack. And Paula's assertion that Trump's employees are all treated with respect -- well that may be true, but the man's a blowhard hothead and a clown with many ugly faces. How he treats his employees doesn't mean jack shit to me. I don't want him in charge of our country and making us all his employees. He's a clown. Fuck him.

Broadway is definitely Michelle's calling -- from what little I heard of her singing voice today. Maybe she'll be offered a full-time gig.

That thing on Raven's head reminded me of those new multi-colored Twizzlers.

• Love 13

I think she is a he and most definitely a poster on this forum. 

I was debating whether or not to identify the person as he or she.  It's 10:22 here and Whoopie has already used up her maximum number of insults and lectures.  She's better than coffee.

• Love 5

It was clear to me that Michelle did not watch the GOP debate last night, only saw a couple of clips, sees the debate only as a source of (mediocre) humor, and has little understanding of how the election process works.   Two Repub candidates teaming up against another to defeat that person in the general election?  Really?    I was annoyed that while  the rest of the panel was trying to discuss the debate, she was using it as a Launchpad for her one-liners.   She was 100% wrong that Trump "schooled"  Jeb Bush, Trump came across looking like the bully and blowhard that he is. 

Paula was wrong today about Trump having a reputation as being diverse and not prejudiced.  Yes, people who have worked WITH him might say that, but we need to look at the people who have never had the opportunities to work with him.  Trump hires women, yes.  Women who are thin and beautiful.  He talks about women primarily in terms of their physical attractiveness.  He has made enough sexist comments that it is ridiculous to say he isn't sexist.   Same with racism   I remember several years ago, Trump was accused of being racist, and he had a season of Celebrity Apprentice that looked, from the start, like he was bending over backwards to change his reputation with "The BLacks", as he says it.  The entire season was set up to make Arsenio Hall the winner, have him tell Trump he was wonderful, and have Trump arrange for him to have a TV show, so he would forever be in Trump's pocket.  (didn't work out like he wanted, but that was the plan).

Raven's hair today looked like a skein of yarn glued on top of her head.   And, that lipstick color is inspired by Crayola.  There's something clown-like about her look, that makes me not even try to take anything she says seriously.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 15

I don't know what's more disturbing... that Trump is a sexist, bigoted, racist jerk or that he's pretending to be a sexist, bigoted, racist jerk in order to get elected. Apparently Paula is fine with the latter.

• Love 16

Raven's cooking segment - no, just a commercial for NutriBullet.   Then her "chocolate drink"  didn't make much sense with the ingredients -   Irish cream?   Rum coffee?   does she mean irish cream liqueur?  is rum coffee another liqueur?  If so, her recipe was something like 4 kinds of alcohol,  and Paula was sipping it out of a quart-size glass! 

The fact that Raven says she owns 7 nutribullets, convinces me to never buy one.   If one Nutribullet isn't enough,  I am not interested.

• Love 12

It's fascinating that Whoopi kind of backed down from Paula....for now. Paula iS in the news business.. a cut throat place so Whoopi isn't as formidable as that..imho.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/12/the-view-air-display-of-workplace-bul

Very well written and right on. Paula worked in the world of sports and news. Miss Whoopi is just another obstacle. She is tough and today was alone in her conservative views. Being the devil's advocate for Trump took courage. I thought Joy was harder on her today than Whoopi. 

I liked the last segment with Paula and Raven except when dumb ass Whoopi had to make an appearance for attention. I notice that when Whoopi isn't around Raven gets along better with the rest of the panel. Another example are those After the View segments. 

• Love 2

Is the writer on this forum?  She said exactly what so many people here have said, and she is the first one who has commented almost verbatim on the dynamics between Whoopie, Paula, and the rest of the panel.  I felt as though I was reading all the recent comments here, pulled together in one column.  Yes!!!  Missed yesterday because the news coverage was about the closure of all LA schools.  

Thank you for the link.

Thank you for the link.

Correcting spelling.  Whoopi not Whoopie.  Not sure why I keep doing that!

Paula was like a dog with a bone today......she would not give up! Hey Paula.......most Americans don't know people that worked for Trump personally. At least the top executives. We see what we see. Give it up, already!

Not sure I'll tune in the see BW tomorrow promoting her special on fascinating people.

• Love 5

One thing I find very disturbing is that no one has mentioned all the stupid faces The Donald makes when someone says something he doesn't like, together with the huge, smug smile when he hears what he perceives to be a compliment.  SO childish, rude & ignorant, not to mention totally undignified.  Can you imagine him in a meeting with Putin?  Words cannot describe what a low-class bum he really is.

• Love 18

I wish someone would have referenced that cover story in Rolling Stone magazine.  When the writer arrived at Trump Tower to meet with the beast, he observed that as soon as you get off the elevator, and in every area, there were very young, beautiful girls.  He said most appeared to be either still attending or recent college graduates.  In another interview the author gave somewhere, he also noted that he did not see one woman that appeared over the age of 35 or any sign of diversity.  Trump likes young, hot girls around him.  Period.  It was odd to see Paula really try to push that point about Trump.

As far as Walters is concerned, wonder if they'll reference this little gem.  WTF is wrong with her? I'm sorry lady, you can't profess to be the doyenne of news and dignity and say shit like this on television.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/15/barbara-walters-calls-bradley-cooper-very-screwable

• Love 6

Thanks Matcha......that cinches not watching that segment tomorrow.

Nice try, Maggie.  If we have to suffer, you have to suffer, too  :) 

(I'm picturing that gross visual from A Clockwork Orange with the eyeballs forced to stay open) 

• Love 2

I wish someone would have referenced that cover story in Rolling Stone magazine.  When the writer arrived at Trump Tower to meet with the beast, he observed that as soon as you get off the elevator, and in every area, there were very young, beautiful girls.  He said most appeared to be either still attending or recent college graduates.  In another interview the author gave somewhere, he also noted that he did not see one woman that appeared over the age of 35 or any sign of diversity.  Trump likes young, hot girls around him.  Period.  It was odd to see Paula really try to push that point about Trump.

As far as Walters is concerned, wonder if they'll reference this little gem.  WTF is wrong with her? I'm sorry lady, you can't profess to be the doyenne of news and dignity and say shit like this on television.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/15/barbara-walters-calls-bradley-cooper-very-screwable

Well, there goes my extreme respect for the ABC News icon BW! LOL

• Love 3

Paula's ride or die attitude about Trump is troubling to say the least.  Either she was the dumbest at ABCnews and they figured she would fit right in and yet still be smarter than the rest of them.  Some days when all are put together.  But the idea that a news woman can't parse why it does not behoove us to even listen to someone like Trump when picking and choosing is what he is all about.  And what he doesn't pick and choose is not 'American'.  Scary bigoted and actually offensive to the democratic process.  For someone like Paula to translate that as an employer who picks, hired fires and rewards those solely in his pay to how he would 'treat' the people of this nation and just people all over for what we hope the U.S. stands as a humanitarian nation and as example of a society that sees past lines drawn on maps to the larger issues of a shrinking globe? She is being Raven stupid in her attempt to say no evil about a man that is preaching evil in many ways. 

Oh, and to paraphrase Chris Rock.  If you are a boss.  And you treat your employees right?  Well?  That's your freaking job itself.  Doesn't matter if so many bosses are scum.  It is still the right thing to do.  Like Rock berating parents who brag about being a 'good parent'  That's your job.  To flip it around?  No one should be getting medals for NOT being an asshole.

• Love 13

One thing I find very disturbing is that no one has mentioned all the stupid faces The Donald makes when someone says something he doesn't like, together with the huge, smug smile when he hears what he perceives to be a compliment.  SO childish, rude & ignorant, not to mention totally undignified.  Can you imagine him in a meeting with Putin?  Words cannot describe what a low-class bum he really is.

Right.   Executives from companies doing business overseas take classes to learn how to act in various cultures.   There are so many unwritten rules of social engagement, from who greets first, eye contact, gifts, etc.   I wouldn't want someone who has such a boorish presence to represent our country. 

Returning to The View.   Did anyone notice when Whoopi was showing off her sweater -Santa showing his but on one side, and flashing, with a CENSORED sign on the front -  some audience members were definitely NOT amused!    I liked those women in the audience.  I'm tired of those stupid sweaters.   I am no prude, but I have a huge dislike for how perverted some of the Christmas stuff has become.  I don't want any more images of Santa peeing, pooping, flashing, or mooning.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 11

Joy, to the panel (about Paula): She's really good on prompter. Isn't she?

Michelle: She's great.

Raven: Yes she is.

Whoopi: (Stink face) We'll be right back.

Paula didn't smile as much today and seemed a little tense during the hot topics segment. And so it begins. The View will destroy your soul.

• Love 11

I'm not sure I agree with that Chicago article on a few points. Particularly that Rosie O became "emotional" over every slight Whoopi gave her last season. Maybe she did so behind the scenes, there's no way I could know that, but on-air she only responded to Whoopi 4 times that I remember off-hand: Cosby, Ferguson, the lack of boys' toys at Disney World, and the week before she left the show. Otherwise she ignored Whoopi. I agree that Paula responding, unafraid, is a much better response to an asshole like Whoopi.

As for Joy rolling her eyes... Every time that I read that I, well... Roll my eyes. The only time I remember her even doing that this season was during Candace's evolution BS (although I'll say that wasn't really an eye-roll, even if it amounted to the same disdain), and Candace's words are often deserving of eye-rolls. She can't explain what she means anymore than Raven.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

So tomorrow's got to be pre-recorded, right? No way would they let Babs appear live. 

I don't wish Whoopi ill, but I am glad that people are calling her on her unprofessional behavior (camera panning the frowning audience members when Whoopi was displaying her Santa sweater, Joy pointing out how some people can read the prompter and Joy's smirks and eyerolls, in general, and Paula persevering in spite of Whoopi's bullying). Whoopi's gotten away with bad behavior much too long. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 10

So tomorrow's got to be pre-recorded, right? No way would they let Babs appear live. 

I don't wish Whoopi ill, but I am glad that people are calling her on her unprofessional behavior (camera panning the frowning audience members when Whoopi was displaying her Santa sweater, Joy pointing out how some people can read the prompter and Joy's smirks and eyerolls, in general, and Paula persevering in spite of Whoopi's bullying.) Whoopi's gotten away with bad behavior must too long. 

I laughed when the audience didn't appreciate her preening.

• Love 7

Joy, to the panel (about Paula): She's really good on prompter. Isn't she?

Michelle: She's great.

Raven: Yes she is.

Whoopi: (Stink face) We'll be right back.

Paula didn't smile as much today and seemed a little tense during the hot topics segment. And so it begins. The View will destroy your soul.

I noticed that too. It would be too much to ask for Miss Whoopi to give Paula credit for something. If there was a meeting the gracious Whoopi only lasted one day!

• Love 8

So Joy's assertion that it's ok to make jokes about people above you but not below you means she won't be doing any more Monica Lewinsky jokes, right?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

Thank you for the link!

It certainly sounds like someone who could be on this forum.  I don't know about PTV, but back in the days of TWoP, writers (and occasional showrunners) cruised the forums and used quotes from it.    This writer was expressing their own opinion, but whoever they are we need to invite them to join here if they haven't already!

Not sure I'll tune in the see BW tomorrow promoting her special on fascinating people.

OMG.  I thought she promised to stop doing those?   Christ.   Who watches it?   

Hahahahahaha! Has Babs tired of thinking of herself as trailblazer for women in broadcasting to the point where she is reversing the whole thing?  I blame Sweaty Geddie.  Babs is his meal ticket; his entire career, such as it is, is producing Barbara Walters.  

I'm not really a fan of BC in interviews as himself although I enjoy his films, but I can't think of anything more awkward or horrifying than an 84 year old woman saying this to him on camera or even off camera for that matter.  

“I could just sit and stare at you but that would take too much time,” she tells Cooper in the interview. “But I, I find you very screwable.”

Returning to The View.   Did anyone notice when Whoopi was showing off her sweater -Santa showing his but on one side, and flashing, with a CENSORED sign on the front -  some audience members were definitely NOT amused!    I liked those women in the audience.  I'm tired of those stupid sweaters.   I am no prude, but I have a huge dislike for how perverted some of the Christmas stuff has become.  I don't want any more images of Santa peeing, pooping, flashing, or mooning.  

I didn't watch this today but I might have to find a clip online.  I'm starting to find Whoopi disgusting.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

I'm not really a fan of BC in interviews as himself although I enjoy his films, but I can't think of anything more awkward or horrifying than an 84 year old woman saying this to him on camera or even off camera for that matter.  

I didn't watch this today but I might have to find a clip online.  I'm starting to find Whoopi disgusting.  

Who the hell even uses the word "screwable?"  

• Love 6

Who the hell even uses the word "screwable?"  

84 year old newswomen apparently.  LOL   And since these "specials" are lit and edited to death, someone chose to leave this in.  I can't imagine what was on the cutting room floor. 

I wasn't going to watch her show but changed my mind when I was setting up my "recordings" for tomorrow night.  (Fodder only... LOL.)

Thank you MC for taking one for team!  Be sure and report back. 

• Love 5